Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

OK I'm going to throw Jessa a complement. She actually seems like she has a desire to teach Spud things. I wonder how much more advanced he will be compared to Izzy because Jill doesn't seem like she enjoys doing anything with Izzy.

Edited by maraleia
correcting horrible sentence structure
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, maraleia said:

I wonder how much more advanced he will compared to Izzy because Jill doesn't seem like she enjoys doing anything with Izzy.

I noticed the same thing. Jill seems annoyed that she's actually expected to care for her own child. It's funny because I would've pegged Jill as the one to relish motherhood, but it's playing out the exact opposite.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed the same thing. Jill seems annoyed that she's actually expected to care for her own child. It's funny because I would've pegged Jill as the one to relish motherhood, but it's playing out the exact opposite.

All Jill wanted was a doll to dress up and look instead of a doll she got a real life baby imagine that.

• Love 5

Spurgey is a cutesy. I loved hearing him laugh on last nite's episode. On the puzzle video it looks like they have the bottom part of the Pak & play (in the background) unzipped so he can play & crawl out.  I give them points for having pillows there. I would love to see him navigate this.  Much more interesting than watching his aunts & uncles at survival camp.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, maraleia said:

OK I'm going to throw Jessa a complement. She actually seems like she has a desire to teach Spud things. I wonder how much more advanced he will be compared to Izzy because Jill doesn't seem like she enjoys doing anything with Izzy.

In fairness to Jill, in her world having a baby doesn't mean you actually have to raise... or interact... with the baby. 

• Love 14

I think Jessa also sees Spurgeon as an extension of herself in a way Jill doesn't see Israel.  I think Jessa wants whats best for her kid(s) because its a reflection on herself.  Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that.

Jessa has also always seemed to be the most practical Duggar.  She's not the dreamer her parents and Jill are.  she leaves that up to Ben.  If she wants something she seems to know she needs to find a way to get it herself.

Do you guys think if Jinger makes it to Texas, Jessa is going to follow?  I sometimes do.  Next season, Jessa and Jinger do Laredo!

• Love 5

I have always thought that Jessa is probably one of the most intelligent Duggars.   jessa could've actually been a good student and done well in college.  It was jessa who ran the homeschool and seemed to have a handle on things.  It shows with how she parents Spurge.  She seems fine that Ben is actually attempting to do things like this football camp etc. and take some classes.  Jill doesn't let Derick out of her sight and Jinger looks completely deranged at this point. 

• Love 12

Jessa ran the homeschooling, family closet and packing with as much charm as an angry drill sergeant.

I think Jessa thinks only about herself. She reads the snark and does the opposite. Spurgie will thank us when he's older.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Do you guys think if Jinger makes it to Texas, Jessa is going to follow?  I sometimes do.  Next season, Jessa and Jinger do Laredo!

Thank you for that image now I  have to go to the store for more brain bleach. 

• Love 2

I dont think Jessa did anything with any charm or kindness.    However, at least she was capable of doing something.  Truthfully, everyone else is pretty dull and slow.  no one is doing much of anything in this circus.  Except Jana.  

Shame Jessa didn't get a decent opportunity in life. 

• Love 4

Jessa really seems more motherly to me than Jill.  I think Jessa really enjoys being with Spurg and being his mother, while Jill just seems to treat Izzy like an accessory she takes out and is forced to care for.  Jill doesn't seem to be into motherhood at all - she's all about Derick and playing wife like a little girl playing house.  I think Jill prefers to have Derick take care of Izzy as much as possible or to have some help flying in to care for him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Jessa really seems more motherly to me than Jill.  I think Jessa really enjoys being with Spurg and being his mother, while Jill just seems to treat Izzy like an accessory she takes out and is forced to care for.  

I agree.  The warm and close relationship Jill appeared to have had with her "buddies", doesn't seem to be there with her son. Say what you want about Miss Bossy Pants, but she seems to be very a good mother. Spurgeon looks healthy and happy. Two years ago, if someone had asked me who would make the better mother, I would have said Jill, by far. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 8

I agree in that I too, would have thought Jill would have out-shined Jessa in motherhood. I feel that Jill is bored, overwhelmed and lonely. I think Jessa has a lot of help including her family as well as Ben changing all the diapers ... and I believe Jessa does a lot of her parenting with the show and social media in mind. If the cameras and fans were gone, IMHO, Jessa would be a very, very, very different mother.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree in that I too, would have thought Jill would have out-shined Jessa in motherhood. I feel that Jill is bored, overwhelmed and lonely. I think Jessa has a lot of help including her family as well as Ben changing all the diapers ... and I believe Jessa does a lot of her parenting with the show and social media in mind. If the cameras and fans were gone, IMHO, Jessa would be a very, very, very different mother.

Do you think Jill might be suffering from depression (either post partum or otherwise) that might effect how she interacts with Izzy? Living in Central America, away from her family, even if it's what her headship wants might not be the best thing for her emotionally. 

She knows how to care for Izzy physically, but emotionally she has changed. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Do you think Jill might be suffering from depression (either post partum or otherwise) that might effect how she interacts with Izzy? Living in Central America, away from her family, even if it's what her headship wants might not be the best thing for her emotionally. 

She knows how to care for Izzy physically, but emotionally she has changed. 

Yes I do. Maybe PPD or depression diagnosed as Adjustment Disorder.

• Love 2

The only things I gleaned from watching that little video above:

Jessa probably got TLC to pay for the Melissa and Doug puzzle when she went shopping for toys for the friend's kids.

Jessa talks baby-talk to Spurge ...."horsie" for "horse". ((Pet peeve ....grrrrr.))

Spurge has a cute smile, but those earlobes are unfortunate. Grow, ringlets, grow.

That's about it. Is she a 'better mother'? Who knows.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 1
On 28/08/2016 at 6:21 AM, Malvina said:

14183793_987202284711914_12132699103414814102400_987202338045242_230212383767827

I've noticed on the show and also here that Blessa has the same hairline as her brothers!!! She had better cut some of that hair off soon or  the weight of it will keep pulling it out even more. 

Do i belong in the prayer closet for wishing she could see my comment about her looks? Cus i know it would knock her down a peg or ten. 

• Love 1

Jessa appears to really have genuine love for Spurge, while Jill just seems detached from Iz.  When Jill was 'courting' Derick she was the star of the family and the show and her ego grew 10 fold.   She was soooooo special and the camera's were rolling and recording her every courtship escapade and then the wedding and playing wife - she was sooooo wonderful.  She treated her siblings like peasants and she thought she was better than everyone.  The best thing she does with Iz is to trot out 'never before seen' pictures of him when someone else in the family is getting more attention.  Jill is just pathetic at this point and for whatever reason Jessa is the better mother even though Jessa was soooo special in her own courtship/marriage.  Sure Jessa is fire and binstone in her bible quotes and interpretations but she seems to care about Spurge.   Not a Jessa fan but comparing her to Jill's mothering skills she comes out better,

• Love 6

I dunno.  I thought Jessa's policy that guests, even wee impressionable ones, shouldn't be schooled and should instead be allowed to eat whatever food they want, was pretty sensible.  Maybe she will prove to have good judgment.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

The Jury's Still Out on Jessa. Come back in 10-15 years and see if she's a good mother. There's more to parenting than infant care.

Just wait till the first time Spurgeon says no.

You're on!  We've got an official bet now.  If I had to choose who to babysit for a child - Jessa/Ben or Jill/Derick, I'd pick Jessa/Ben.  15 years from now Jill is going to be a worse wicked shrew than she is now and Jessa will be firm but more caring.   I see it already.

• Love 3

I agree, Jill seems very different from when she was expecting Izzy.  And no wonder!  Traumatic birth experience, recovering from major surgery, handling a newborn, all the while still a newlywed?  And to top it all off by moving to a foreign country with no family or friends nearby?  Holy crap even the strongest of us would be depressed!!!  

Coming back stateside was a wise choice and one I hope Dereck made for them, with Jill's well being at heart.  

Right now I would say that Jessa is pleasantly surprising me in the mommyhood category.  Aside from the need to play dress up all the time  with him, she is getting the gist of it. 

And as far as her being nasty to the Duglings she homeschooled?  I can see why, poor girl was probably resentful as hell!  she should've been out living her teen years instead of being forced to raise and educate her siblings!  

Stull not a Jessa fan, but I can see where she has a lot of potential to be a good mother. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Wait until she has the second kid. We will see how well she does.

Yeah, two kids under two and a diminishing number of Sister-Moms to pick up the slack. I think Jessa appears to be doing a great job now, but my inclination is that she leans towards Michelle where she likes her shiny new toys until the novelty wears off and they're tossed on top of the forgotten kid pile. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Wait until she has the second kid. We will see how well she does.

This ^^^, especially if that 2nd baby is a girl. I could see Jessa being jealous & competitive with her daughter, a la MEchelle, especially if the daughter is a daddy's girl & Ben dotes on her.

• Love 8

Jessa will be fine, she's already bonded with both her children and is encouraging one of them to pursue formal education. Seriously, Derelict and Jeremy are going to roll in the shadow of their wives 'celebrity', but Bin is actually pursuing an education. He believes in education! He is a dolt, but he has likeable moments. Yes, I know they preach a lot of hate, but out of the bunch, Bin is the best grape.

Not only that, Jessa is letting Bin pull her along to meet people who are not Duggars. Most of the episodes that introduce new people are in some way connected with Jessa and Bin. Jill and Derelict lived 'overseas' and haven't added any friendships to add to the episode. No SOS peeps, just a few local people who showed up to beef up the plotline, but don't seem to be friends. (Wait for the fu internet as someone shows up to visit the Dullards now).  

Jessa isn't gooey eyed over her relationship, yet she seems to be very supportive of Bin and his football thing, rapper thing. I think these two are my favourite. And that baby! He is the happiest little fella I've ever seen. He is just always such a cheerful little guy.

Just want to add, I don't see anything wrong with Jessa being the 'stronger' part of the relationship. It might be against the 'headship' bullshit, but it's perfectly fine arrangement in 'the real world'.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 23
On 8/30/2016 at 10:19 AM, Sew Sumi said:

But...but...but what about his BFF Flame and his foray onto a street somewhere in St. Louis followed by a TLC crew? Or how he's going to "coach" a football team of minority (but certainly Christian) kids during this season of CO? He's one of them, y'all!

I work at a university managing a music/dancing/comedy venue and we have some pretty decent concerts and some are acts just starting out (we have had Ellie Goulding, Neon Trees, OK Go, Bones/Thugs/Harmony, Immortal Technique, Steve Aoki just to name a few).  IF I didn't care that we weren't a religious college, if I didn't care about losing my job or pissing off the students big time, I would be SOOOO tempted to hire Flame and request Bin to perform with him.  Sadly the only one that would be amused is me :(.  After they could go into the college town (internationally known for major debauchery surrounding Halloween) and try and sermon to the students here.  I would take one for the team and follow them with my camera.  OR I could invite them to Bingo.  They don't need to be told it is Drag Queen Bingo ahead of time do they??  Good times.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I agree.  The warm and close relationship Jill appeared to have had with her "buddies", doesn't seem to be there with her son. Say what you want about Miss Bossy Pants, but she seems to be very a good mother. Spurgeon looks healthy and happy. Two years ago, if someone had asked me who would make the better mother, I would have said Jill, by far. 

Frankly as one of the older girls who raised 19 kids she probably didn't realize she had baby burnout.  Shouldn't a new baby be exciting?  This is her 20th baby. If I remember correctly Jessa wasn't as hands on with the kids but more the taskmaster so Spurgie really IS like her first (or 10th).  At 24 or however old Jill is (she looks a good 15 years older) she has already raised an army.  There is nothing NEW about her life except she gets to see Derek naked.  Not sure how excited *I* would be about that new part of my life.  Downtrodden is what I see when I look at her.  No sparkle under all that grunge.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Jessa will be fine, she's already bonded with both her children and is encouraging one of them to pursue formal education. Seriously, Derelict and Jeremy are going to roll in the shadow of their wives 'celebrity', but Bin is actually pursuing an education. He believes in education! He is a dolt, but he has likeable moments. Yes, I know they preach a lot of hate, but out of the bunch, Bin is the best grape.

Not only that, Jessa is letting Bin pull her along to meet people who are not Duggars. Most of the episodes that introduce new people are in some way connected with Jessa and Bin. Jill and Derelict lived 'overseas' and haven't added any friendships to add to the episode. No SOS peeps, just a few local people who showed up to beef up the plotline, but don't seem to be friends. (Wait for the fu internet as someone shows up to visit the Dullards now).  

Jessa isn't gooey eyed over her relationship, yet she seems to be very supportive of Bin and his football thing, rapper thing. I think these two are my favourite. And that baby! He is the happiest little fella I've ever seen. He is just always such a cheerful little guy.

Just want to add, I don't see anything wrong with Jessa being the 'stronger' part of the relationship. It might be against the 'headship' bullshit, but it's perfectly fine arrangement in 'the real world'.

HA!

• Love 2

Jill probably has some depression going on and Derick doesn't really look well either.  The two of them are probably in bad mental health shape and that is very hard when BOTH spouses are dealing with issues. 

Contrast that to Ben, who is an idiot, but he is a happy idiot. I don't see depression on Ben. Ben seems pretty upbeat and enthusiastic about his future.  He is taking some classes and reading books! Hanging out with some rappers and is planning some football camp.   jessa seems to enjoy being married, bossing Ben around and taking pictures. 

Derick?  Well his dream of being a fancy missionary just crapped out when they couldn't get commissioned from the SBC (or whoever was the prestige church group).  He isn't apeaking Spanish very well after being immersed for almost a year AND formal instruction.  Plus that awful surgery. Other than a few bad sermon notes posted online...Derick really isn't making much progress in life. 

I think the depression vs non depression is what is causing such a difference in the parenting style.  

I am also suprised that Jessa does as well as she does. I find her bitchy BUT she is trying very hard to get Counting On rolling along.  When she does a TH segment, she puts effort in and tries to sell it.  Jill just whines for the camera. Limp spaghetti.  

I have always thought Jessa was the Mean Girl.  She is.  But she is surprising me. It's a damn shame she didn't get more opportunities. Maybe Jessa and Ben will eventually crawl out of the Duggar clan and find a life that's more free and open. 

• Love 17
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Frankly as one of the older girls who raised 19 kids she probably didn't realize she had baby burnout.  Shouldn't a new baby be exciting?  This is her 20th baby. If I remember correctly Jessa wasn't as hands on with the kids but more the taskmaster so Spurgie really IS like her first (or 10th).  At 24 or however old Jill is (she looks a good 15 years older) she has already raised an army.  There is nothing NEW about her life except she gets to see Derek naked.  Not sure how excited *I* would be about that new part of my life.  Downtrodden is what I see when I look at her.  No sparkle under all that grunge.

Yeah, I think that totally makes sense. After many years of enslavement, no wonder motherhood with Izzy is such a chore for Jill. Jessa has had much more support.  It doesn't help that they are all so freaking boring.  Jill is just a whiny, clingy  barnacle, and she has no clue how to amuse herself.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I work at a university managing a music/dancing/comedy venue and we have some pretty decent concerts and some are acts just starting out (we have had Ellie Goulding, Neon Trees, OK Go, Bones/Thugs/Harmony, Immortal Technique, Steve Aoki just to name a few).  IF I didn't care that we weren't a religious college, if I didn't care about losing my job or pissing off the students big time, I would be SOOOO tempted to hire Flame and request Bin to perform with him.  Sadly the only one that would be amused is me :(.  After they could go into the college town (internationally known for major debauchery surrounding Halloween) and try and sermon to the students here.  I would take one for the team and follow them with my camera.  OR I could invite them to Bingo.  They don't need to be told it is Drag Queen Bingo ahead of time do they??  Good times.

I  used to live there and I will even pay for them to go to bingo just to see their faces.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I  used to live there and I will even pay for them to go to bingo just to see their faces.

Yeah I would like to see them getting spanked by a 6'5 Queen when they mistakenly call bingo!  Or witness the people begging to be spanked by said Queen.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, BitterApple said:

Yeah, two kids under two and a diminishing number of Sister-Moms to pick up the slack. I think Jessa appears to be doing a great job now, but my inclination is that she leans towards Michelle where she likes her shiny new toys until the novelty wears off and they're tossed on top of the forgotten kid pile. 

I think we got a big glimpse of this when she was cooing all over that newborn saying how much she loves to hold little babies because they just lie there and don't move.  Agree she's absolutely delighted with her baby boy (and it really shows - it's so sweet), but there's a brand new cuddle bunny coming soon; so for me, her Mother of the Year award is sitting high up on a shelf until it's clear she won't cast Iz aside in favor of the new model the same way her mother did because she, too, was addicted to holding little babies who just lie there and don't move.

• Love 8

Someone commented on the CO thread...

Why don't we see the Seewald grandparents in any pictures? I wonder if Micheal Seewald (that's his name, right?) and Jim Bob had a falling out.  He wrote a few blog posts that were a bit snarky.  Maybe he is ex communicated?  (lucky man)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Someone commented on the CO thread...

Why don't we see the Seewald grandparents in any pictures? I wonder if Micheal Seewald (that's his name, right?) and Jim Bob had a falling out.  He wrote a few blog posts that were a bit snarky.  Maybe he is ex communicated?  (lucky man)

Maybe he has a job? ;)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Magoo said:

I think we got a big glimpse of this when she was cooing all over that newborn saying how much she loves to hold little babies because they just lie there and don't move.  Agree she's absolutely delighted with her baby boy (and it really shows - it's so sweet), but there's a brand new cuddle bunny coming soon; so for me, her Mother of the Year award is sitting high up on a shelf until it's clear she won't cast Iz aside in favor of the new model the same way her mother did because she, too, was addicted to holding little babies who just lie there and don't move.

I'm sorry, that's just wrong and odd.  I prefer babies a little because they fit in your arms, but ... this sounds more like they're creepily fetishizing some kind of corpse!  (Sorry, guys.)  What about tiny feathery eyebrows, the wobbly cartoon mouth when they yawn, the wee fingernails...? But nooo, their prized reaction is that the babies... don't move?  Odd.  Just odd.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, queenanne said:

I'm sorry, that's just wrong and odd.  I prefer babies a little because they fit in your arms, but ... this sounds more like they're creepily fetishizing some kind of corpse!  (Sorry, guys.)  What about tiny feathery eyebrows, the wobbly cartoon mouth when they yawn, the wee fingernails...? But nooo, their prized reaction is that the babies... don't move?  Odd.  Just odd.

It is odd.  And while I paraphrased what she said, that's basically what she meant, although I REALLY hope she also meant all those darling qualities you mention (I love the way you described baby faces - tiny, wobbly, wee - so accurate and adorable!).  And a Duggar bonus:  having an essentially inanimate object in your arms means you don't have to get up and do anything, you're holding the baby.  Busy, busy, busy, important work, dontcha know.

Edited by Magoo
Fingers too fast.
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Magoo said:

And a Duggar bonus:  having an essentially inanimate object in your arms means you don't have to get up and do anything, you're holding the baby

Additional Duggar bonuses -- the baby isn't asking anything of you; the baby isn't calling attention to itself; the baby isn't interfering with your special right to have total control over everything in your vicinity; the baby is allowing you to totally ignore it if you want to -- and you do; the baby won't interfere with your selfie -- see that old horrifying pic of Jessa holding and totally ignoring Mer while madly preening herself ; the baby isn't asserting its own personhood, which is the way it should be since you are the only one who is actually a person. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9