Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I haven't seen Jessa smile so radiant in pictures. This stands out more than her baby announcement and wedding photos

I think she's honestly excited about having a child of her own. And i think she's also really happy Iz is okay.

• Love 4

Again, this is just a regular illustration from a very ordinary (and totally secular) baby board. I participated on it several years ago when I was pregnant and am still in touch with about 50 women I met during that time. If she takes it seriously, it will be very eye opening for her. It's a site where the only thing you have in common with the women on it is that you are expecting a baby during a certain sliver of time. Social beliefs, religious beliefs, economic beliefs, cultures, manners, custom - you name it - everything else is up for grabs.

• Love 8
Again, this is just a regular illustration from a very ordinary (and totally secular) baby board. I participated on it several years ago when I was pregnant and am still in touch with about 50 women I met during that time. If she takes it seriously, it will be very eye opening for her. It's a site where the only thing you have in common with the women on it is that you are expecting a baby during a certain sliver of time. Social beliefs, religious beliefs, economic beliefs, cultures, manners, custom - you name it - everything else is up for grabs.

Yes.  I could tell this was an illustration.  It was just a joke.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 8

Jessa may have an app that uploads the status update to instagram automatically. I've had friends who did that with facebook (or they could have done it manually). I also had a friend who texted me these fetal development updates weekly.  I would weekly prefer a picture of Jessa to a generic update - I think she'll probably do both.  Maybe she's part of an online community and doing her own research on pregnancy and childbirth (fingers crossed on a legit website). 

I hope that Jinger is able to be part of her getting ready for baby. That sounds weird, but Jessa and Jill seem to be the new twosome because of their marital status. I'm hoping that Jinger is included in some way. Maybe she did the pregnancy announcement photos. 

Edited by Cocka doodle dont

She got this from a common baby app. I doubt she's commiserating with secular people in any way, shape, or form. 

eta: Most likely this one 

http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/top-pregnancy-iphone-android-apps#2

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Wow, Iz is sure one big baby for a newborn! As far as names go, I'll have to say it would be so nice if Jessa and Ben chose some contemporary names, like Mason and Sophia. That said, Jacob and Emily are also pretty common ...I've heard both of these quite a bit in recent years.

If you yelled out "Mason" or "Sophia" on a primary school playground, half the kids in the school would come running.  The Jacobs and Emilys are a bit older, but there are still a gazillion.

Yup, Jessa looks happy as a clam in that pic....she already knew she was pregnant, so her destiny is being fulfilled!  So...........yay?

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3

She could learn a lot from a mainstream (not faith based) baby board. If nothing else, just that there are many, many ways of living, her family isn't nearly as 'special' or superior as they think, and everyone who doesn't praise them isn't out to destroy them as part of Satan's minions.

• Love 3

I'd actually be pretty pleased if she joined such a baby board forum. (Which is available through the app ... Or perhaps there is more than one...) bs he would learn a LOT about human nature. The biggest way to unlearn Fundyism is by interaction with the world and realizing it's not the dark, scary, demonic place you were told it was.

• Love 5

Oh, please. I'd rather look at pictures of Jessa's stomach than drawings of a fetus. But I guess this suits her anti-choice agenda.

Can we call it "Peaches Seewald" for the duration? :-)

And then Cantaloupe Seewald and then Watermelon Seewald. 

• Love 2

We will have to wait for Baby Dill #2 to see what they do, but there aren't a lot of I names out there, and there are even less Q names, should Bin's proclamation not be a joke.

Even if they must go with thematic names, I too would like to see someone in the family choose a more original theme than a particular letter of the alphabet.

i have one of those baby name dictionaries. It lists 70 male names and 72 female names beginning with the letter I. Twenty and twenty-three names are listed for male and female names beginning with the letter Q. Some of the Q names are pretty far out there and a lot of them are somewhat similar-sounding, but those concepts have never stopped Duggars from choosing  names for their offspring, historically speaking.

I think she's honestly excited about having a child of her own. And i think she's also really happy Iz is okay.

I agree! I know she got a lot of flack for not appearing naturally doting with her siblings, but Jessa just strikes me as the type who doesn't care for other children, but would be a doting mama to her own. I am the same way. She's glowing and I'm happy for her and Ben.

Iz is huge! What a cutie.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

If you yelled out "Mason" or "Sophia" on a primary school playground, half the kids in the school would come running.  The Jacobs and Emilys are a bit older, but there are still a gazillion.

Yup, Jessa looks happy as a clam in that pic....she already knew she was pregnant, so her destiny is being fulfilled!  So...........yay?

Ugh. My nephew has both a Jacob (5) and a Mason (2). 

• Love 1

I kind of like the theme name idea. I think most parents like a certain sound (like all ending in a y sound) or have certain parameters if they are not doing the matching first letter thing. I wanted one syllable names, & they had to be around at least 100 yrs. I actually reread my Anne of Green Gables books when pregnant for inspiration!

I like the virtue names like Faith, Charity, Grace if she wants to pick religious names. I don't care for virtue names for boys though, they are a little strange.

I'm not into theme names. Even if I have twins, it won't be like "Bailey and Hailey" or "Kate and Kathleen". More subtle themes like all the names ending in an 'uh' sound (Gabriella, Mariah, Laura, ect) are better, but of course that's just my opinion.

• Love 1

Why do we think she's having twins?

Speculation based on how big she's gotten so early on. I have absolutely no idea about any of that, never been pregnant, but it'll be interesting to see if people are right.

As I posted with Jill, doubtful she's having twins. It's very very rare to have twins with your first pregnancy. (IVF excluded, and yes, I know your aunt's cousin's daughter in law did, but is still RARE when you see the stats.). However, both Jill and Jessa should worry about the second pregnancy....Anna, not so much.

• Love 5

As I posted with Jill, doubtful she's having twins. It's very very rare to have twins with your first pregnancy. (IVF excluded, and yes, I know your aunt's cousin's daughter in law did, but is still RARE when you see the stats.). However, both Jill and Jessa should worry about the second pregnancy....Anna, not so much.

Cool, I did not know that little fact about twins. My maternal grandmother's first babies were twin boys. I wish I could tell her that was unusual. GEML, I continue to be surprised at all the various fields in which you have knowledge. Seriously, you should try out for Jeopardy. I'd love to see a female kick some beehind on that show. :>)

• Love 4

Why do we think she's having twins?

I don't particularly think they're having twins. It was brought up as a possibility. I was the one who started the twin names game, though, just because it's fun to speculate.

• Love 1

According to the OB/GYN that does surgery at my hospital, multiple births, even for first-time pregnancies are becoming more common. He says it's because a surprising number of pregnancies are multiples, with one of the foetuses being lost or absorbed during the very early stages, but now with better pre-natal care, and pre-pregnancy care,  a greater number of these pregnancies are carrying both foetuses to viable births.

So, not ruling out twins.

• Love 1

I guess I'm the exception since it was my first pregnancy and I had identical twins.

Yeah let's pray for twins so she can stick it to Jill. #JesusnMary!

• Love 2

That's an unusual spelling, isn't it usually spelled 'Braden'?

Not sure, we have a brayden, kayden, and hayden in my family. I think the you thing is what's popular now, that's also why I think jessa will go with a name like this

Wow, Iz is sure one big baby for a newborn! As far as names go, I'll have to say it would be so nice if Jessa and Ben chose some contemporary names, like Mason and Sophia. That said, Jacob and Emily are also pretty common ...I've heard both of these quite a bit in recent years.

I love the name Sophia. So pretty. I don't know anyone with the name Sophia under the age of forty and that makes me sad. It's one of my favorite names and I hope it isn't going to be phased out any time soon.

I know four Sophia's, all under four. I think you are safe!

For sure. According to the Social Security website, Sophia has been moving steadily-upward. #7 in 2008, #4 in 2009 and #1 in 2011, 2012 and 2013. No data in yet for 2014. High school and college classes graduating in the early 2020s are going to be chockfull of Sophias, Olivias, Emmas, Madisons and Isabellas. Maybe by that time, "Freds" and "Ethels" will be making a comeback on the list too...

My husbands cousin and spouse got a dog and named him Aiden, then they had a baby and named him Hayden. I still have trouble remembering which is which.

I have a Mason. I'd never heard of the name at the time, my son is two but I'm not into celebrity gossip so had no idea of its popularity. The day I found out we were having a boy,mour family dog was killed by a car and her name was Macy. That's how I came up with the name. My oldest son also has a popular name by random luck as well. I need to get out more.

Fred and Ethel was mentioned above and I've already decided if my next baby is girl she will be Vivian Lucille.

• Love 4