Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: A Life To Envy

• Start Topic

oops forgot the quotes.  See below.

22 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I think maybe the smaller popcorn is being marketed as a kids snack.  The smaller popcorn being less of a choking hazard for children? Otherwise I do not see any appeal to this product.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

He mentioned Nicholas being on the spectrum and having a hard time with eating, so I thought maybe he was saying this type of popcorn was for kids with food/sensory or digestive issues? I didn't even realize it was smaller until I read the boards. But it was talking about it being a "better for you" brand and I know kids with Autism often have gut issues and needs to eat a certain diet. My daughter is loosely on the spectrum, a lot more high functioning than Nick. She's super picky, but likes popcorn just fine. I just wonder if the smaller size is somehow easier to eat for kids with sensory issues. At any rate, it doesn't seem like a big need right now in the marketplace. 

I was thinking along the same lines.  Some kids on the spectrum have "leaky gut" and maybe do better on a gluten-free diet, which would allow popcorn.  Being kids, smaller kernels would probably be safer.  

But I hate that Cow Jac and her daughter.  One is a terrible mother and the other is the effects of it. I used to feel for Asslee and her stupid hat. Not anymore.  Time to grow up and be a decent human being.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 6

If Teresa was interested in a real friendship again with Jacqueline, there would be regular texting and interacting. But there's not. That's what I think Ashley is pointing out. And she's right. And everyone can see that except desperate, attention-starved Jacqueline.

I think Teresa and Jac have a ways to go before they are texting and interacting on a regular basis (besides the show stuff), just because of all the stuff that went down between them. They had a one on one conversation and got along well at the birthday party. I just do not think it would be that easy just to pick up where they left off prior to their split immediately. It also goes both ways, Jac can text too. In this instance I can see why Teresa may precede with caution regarding Jac.

• Love 8
On Monday, August 01, 2016 at 3:46 PM, FamilyVan said:

Why does Jaq always dress so poorly.  I don't think turtlenecks are her thing.

Hiding pre or post plastic surgery, perhaps?

Do not know why this is crossed out. Tried earlier to delete it now it will not go way, lol.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

He mentioned Nicholas being on the spectrum and having a hard time with eating, so I thought maybe he was saying this type of popcorn was for kids with food/sensory or digestive issues? I didn't even realize it was smaller until I read the boards. But it was talking about it being a "better for you" brand and I know kids with Autism often have gut issues and needs to eat a certain diet. My daughter is loosely on the spectrum, a lot more high functioning than Nick. She's super picky, but likes popcorn just fine. I just wonder if the smaller size is somehow easier to eat for kids with sensory issues. At any rate, it doesn't seem like a big need right now in the marketplace.

I think popcorn without the hulls would be better than small popcorn.  Like another poster, I keep picturing the popcorn crumbs at the bottom of your box.  It's not like popcorn is so large it can't fit in a child's mouth.  I'm baffled at the need for small popcorn.  Is the corn before popping actually smaller than regular popcorn?  I guess I would have to see a side by side comparison to see the benefit.

As for Jacqueline and Teresa's friendship, I think Jacqueline got jealous once the show took off and Teresa became the star.  Up until the table flip, the housewive's were basically on the same level.  Then Teresa flipped a table and the rest is history.  All of the Manzo's became pissed that Teresa, who I think they viewed as a doofus and not a threat at first, became the breakout star and stole all of the glory from them.  Caroline especially began to hate her because I think she thought her and her boys would be the main characters on the show, but the more Teresa showed her aggressive behavior, the more the story geared toward her and her family.  So when her brother and his wife became part of the show as antagonists, the Manzo's and Jacqueline jumped on their train in order to take Teresa down.  I guess it worked, for Caroline and her family at least.  It got them their own show.  Jacqueline however went so far off the rails against Teresa, I don't think their friendship will ever be the same as it was in the beginning.  Jacqueline spent too much time trying to get Teresa to discuss her and Joe's legal problems on the air and it looks like next week she continues to do so.  She's no friend by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 15

There is so much more than what has been shown on the show between Teresa, Jacqueline, the Manzo's, Dina, etc.  Years of feuds,backstabbing, one upping for storylines, all kinds of craziness. 

Allegedly, Teresa knew about Albert Manzo's mistress and told producers, who planned on having it revealed on the show, but Caroline wasn't having it and walked off. Then she negotiated their show. Caroline and Jacqueline are close ( Dina doesn't like Jac, because her friend dated Chris before), and there was bad blood because Teresa brought up the mistress, and on and on.....

• Love 4

Why doesn't Chris find a REAL JOB?! Clearly he is not a business man, and a real man and husband would chuck all of the dreams of being a business owner and get to work. Go work for Caroline and Al for gods sake at the Brownstone. Whatever it takes. In the mean time they are losing their house while he attempts another soon to be doomed business venture. 

I find the new women ok, but Siggy is kind of annoying. If she is a relationship expert, why isn't she in one. I understand she got divorced, but shouldn't an expert be able to find herself in another one?
Dolores's daughter is kind of awesome. I like her focus on education, and learning from her mothers lack of one.

Melissa looks great with the shorter hair. The plastic surgery has settled nicely on her, for whatever that's worth, but she looks nothing like the girl who joined this cast years ago. Her husband is right, 8 out of 10 stores will fold, she would have been smarter to go the QVC route with her "fashions" but hey good luck Melissa!

Gia needs to stop with the attitude. Lets face it, her mothers appearances are their only pay check these days. If Theresa wants her to come with her, then she should. In the name of ongoing money coming into the home to support it.  And Gia, put down the makeup brush, your a little young, and no contour in the world can fix all that.  Gabriella also seems less than enthused to be around her mom and the cameras. She has always been a little standoffish with Theresa. That said, she favors her grandmother and is quite pretty.

Joe has clearly cheated. Theresa needs to believe his lies so she can remain in her deluded bubble. Maybe while Joe is at "camp" more truth will come to light that she can't ignore. I am not sure why she wants so desperately to stay with him. Although who wasnt' impressed by that little man's split ability? He's giving Splits Magee Kyle a run for her money!

And the dogs! Does no one care that the dogs are running around loose in the yard and could run out onto the street? Just me? Ok then.

Edited by Crazydoxielady
sp
  • Love 5

I think Gabriella is the prettiest of all of Teresa's daughters.  She also seems the most mild and least "girly" of the four.

13 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Gia needs to stop with the attitude. Lets face it, her mothers appearances are their only pay check these days. If Theresa wants her to come with her, then she should. In the name of ongoing money coming into the home to support it.  And Gia, put down the makeup brush, your a little young, and no contour in the world can fix all that.  Gabriella also seems less than enthused to be around her mom and the cameras. She has always been a little standoffish with Theresa. That said, she favors her grandmother and is quite pretty.

I remember when Theresa was going to prison and owing all the creditors, she still has enough money to fund Gia's girl group.  I wonder what happened to that (does anyone remember the horrible "Circus" video with Melania at the end?).

• Love 7

I find the new women ok, but Siggy is kind of annoying. If she is a relationship expert, why isn't she in one. I understand she got divorced, but shouldn't an expert be able to find herself in another one?

Do we know that she's un"able" to be in a relationship? Maybe she hasn't recently met a person with whom she would have a successful one, or just doesn't want to be in one right now; it's not everyone's ultimate goal or measure of success. Plus one can be an expert in a certain field (not saying she is or isn't) without possessing/experiencing the thing that said field is about (addiction doctors, for example, or physical therapists and male gynos). I don't think being a "relationship expert" implies you have to be in one at all times, or guarantees that you'll always be able to sniff out and snag a good one, just that you understand what it takes for an existing one to work and also when it doesn't. I could be an expert on, say, dinosaurs, but I don't have the power to make one magically appear in my life.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

"Here comes my bitch wife. She's such a c---."  Epic moment in HW history that never gets old.  I'm waiting for Milania to drop the C-bomb one of these days, considering how easily it seems to roll off her parents' lips (especially her mother's).

Note to Teresa.   You and the others were/are not in prison because you "made a mistake."   You and the others are in prison because YOU COMMITTED A CRIME.   I'm so sick of her making her offense sound like the jurisprudential equivalent of picking up the wrong fork at dinner.

Preach. Teresa can call her decade-long, intentional law-breaking a "mistake" until her forehead hair falls out, but it in no way will make it so.

I think Joe Go is a half-wit but to be fair, Juicy Joe hasn't seemed, um, fully employed on a consistent basis. He's had a lot more time to make his wine, kibitz with his father-in-law, etc.

Well, "hard work is for suckers" is Juicy's mantra, after all. Whatever one thinks of Joey, his wife, sister, and mother have all attested that he works long, hard hours.

She [Gabriella] also seems the most mild and least "girly" of the four.

I love it, if only because Teresa claimed her dawters would never be tomboys.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Kellyee said:

If Teresa has more important things to worry about, you can't tell it from watching this show. She appears to have all the time and money in the world. If her life is so chaotic and dramatic, why does she have so much time for manicures, parties, and lunches with the girls??

If Teresa was interested in a real friendship again with Jacqueline, there would be regular texting and interacting. But there's not. That's what I think Ashley is pointing out. And she's right. And everyone can see that except desperate, attention-starved Jacqueline.

Because that what she gets paid to do? She is working by doing these things and being filmed. Not real life!

• Love 7
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:52 AM, swankie said:

The Gorgas?!  I have nothing.  Except, I caught myself singing to myself today, "On display, On display..." and burst out laughing so long and so hard my sides began to hurt.  Hell, I'm laughing now as I'm typing this.  LOL!

"Each and every DAY every DAY every DAYYYYY"

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Siggi's daughter should know the vet prob had his arm actually all the way up in the cow's vagina not the uterus, and she also stated there are no cows where she lives. In very very nearby NY and PA there are huge dairy operations. I am side eyeing her large animal experience already. Cow barns are not Chateau du Chanel No. 5 sweetheart and dairy farmers will have no use for dramaz.

I thought that Dolores's daughter was actually very down to earth and sweet.  I didn't find her obnoxious, or spoiled.  I hope she gets into vet school.

21 hours ago, jinjer said:

I was thinking along the same lines.  Some kids on the spectrum have "leaky gut" and maybe do better on a gluten-free diet, which would allow popcorn.  Being kids, smaller kernels would probably be safer.  

But I hate that Cow Jac and her daughter.  One is a terrible mother and the other is the effects of it. I used to feel for Asslee and her stupid hat. Not anymore.  Time to grow up and be a decent human being.

My friend's son is not on the spectrum, or he has a very mild (not sure if that is the word) autism, but does have leaky gut.  He is not allowed popcorn at all - or any corn.  It is number one on the list of "absolutely never eat" foods. 

4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

There is so much more than what has been shown on the show between Teresa, Jacqueline, the Manzo's, Dina, etc.  Years of feuds,backstabbing, one upping for storylines, all kinds of craziness. 

Allegedly, Teresa knew about Albert Manzo's mistress and told producers, who planned on having it revealed on the show, but Caroline wasn't having it and walked off. Then she negotiated their show. Caroline and Jacqueline are close ( Dina doesn't like Jac, because her friend dated Chris before), and there was bad blood because Teresa brought up the mistress, and on and on.....

Oh yeah there is a lot of back story - they all pulled crap with each other.

I seem to remember that Chris was actually engaged to Dina's friend when he met Jac.  And he was a coward and didn't want to face her to break it off. 

4 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Why doesn't Chris find a REAL JOB?! Clearly he is not a business man, and a real man and husband would chuck all of the dreams of being a business owner and get to work. Go work for Caroline and Al for gods sake at the Brownstone. Whatever it takes. In the mean time they are losing their house while he attempts another soon to be doomed business venture. 

Melissa looks great with the shorter hair. The plastic surgery has settled nicely on her, for whatever that's worth, but she looks nothing like the girl who joined this cast years ago. Her husband is right, 8 out of 10 stores will fold, she would have been smarter to go the QVC route with her "fashions" but hey good luck Melissa!

Gia needs to stop with the attitude. Lets face it, her mothers appearances are their only pay check these days. If Theresa wants her to come with her, then she should. In the name of ongoing money coming into the home to support it.  And Gia, put down the makeup brush, your a little young, and no contour in the world can fix all that.  

Chris is probably realizing that there is not a job in Jersey, for which he is qualified, that will pay him what he was paying himself at his clothing company.  He NEEDS another get-rich-quick scheme in order to live the high life.  I would almost feel sorry for him... if he wasn't a crook and thief.

Melissa looks nothing at all like she used to when she started the show.  It is mind-blowing when they show the pictures.   I wonder how she will feel when Antonia grows up a bit more to look like her old face.  Will she get her a new face too??

Ok, I know some people don't like making fun of the looks of children... but EGADS Gia is not growing up to be a looker.  She was a cute kid, but she is not cute anymore.  Milania is really unattractive as well, but the little one really takes the ugly cake.  Gabriella is really pretty.

3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Do we know that she's un"able" to be in a relationship? 

I am pretty sure she's married to her 2nd husband.  I don't think we have seen him.  Someone asked if he was "all man," whatever that means, and she didn't answer the question, she made some kind of a weird hand motion, putting her hands together. 

• Love 2

Thanks to Chris I bought popcorn.  Store brand (Giant Foods), 6- 3.3 ounce bags for $3.  The box doesn't say anything about autism, though.  I guess it's not Chris' life I'm supposed to be envying.

• Love 9
On 8/1/2016 at 1:41 AM, zulualpha said:

Gia is really impressing me with her loyalty to her family and her strength and poise.  She went with Teresa to Melissa's store opening even though she stated she'd rather have been at her grandma's b day party with the rest of her family which was sweet and then she was charming to everyone at the party.  She's a good kid.

She is indeed.  I love that kid.  Milania is the anti-thesis of Gia, but I love her too.  All of their kids are adorable and I wish they could be raised by someone else.  They deserve better.

Melissa Fucking Gorga with that awful, awful, talking head.  Does her make-up artist think smokey eye means smokey half of your face?

• Love 2

I've been gone from this series since Caroline was doing her scream therapy in the Poconos (some wooded place). I watched this episode only and went in thinking "I'll give them all a second chance".

One minute and I find out Melissa's store is named Envy? Okay, I'm out. That's one of the deadly sins. What happened to Thank You JESUS?

Teresa. I just can't hate her and I don't know why. She *seems* have learned her lesson.

The Laurita's, on the other hand, don't seem to have learned a damn thing. "I didn't marry my husband for his money. He didn't have any" (But I did in my G-string in Vegas. Yea!)

Caroline could fall off a cliff and I'd be okay with that. Is she really gone? For true? Thank you Jesus!

I don't think I can take a whole season of this. I've only just recovered from the BH wives.

• Love 7
On 8/3/2016 at 10:29 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Do we know that she's un"able" to be in a relationship? Maybe she hasn't recently met a person with whom she would have a successful one, or just doesn't want to be in one right now; it's not everyone's ultimate goal or measure of success. Plus one can be an expert in a certain field (not saying she is or isn't) without possessing/experiencing the thing that said field is about (addiction doctors, for example, or physical therapists and male gynos). I don't think being a "relationship expert" implies you have to be in one at all times, or guarantees that you'll always be able to sniff out and snag a good one, just that you understand what it takes for an existing one to work and also when it doesn't. I could be an expert on, say, dinosaurs, but I don't have the power to make one magically appear in my life.

I thought Siggy said she was married.  in fact, she said she has orgasms with her new husband that she didn't have with her first husband, a lovely thing to announce on TV.

• Love 2

There are laws that you break by mistake, like jaywalking, or speeding, even.  And, sometimes you do shit that you didn't realize was wrong by accident.  Someone I knew inadvertently "smuggled" stuff by buying more than you were allowed to buy while out of the country on a cruise and bringing it back.  They declared it through customs and that's how they found out that they went over the legal limit.  The agent explained the limit and told them for future reference, don't do it again.

In Tre's case, I could buy having to amend the bankruptcy filing once because you inadvertently left off one thing, maybe even a bank account you thought was on there.  But, not as much as they left off, and not the multiple times they had to amend, and remember, they had to pull the bankruptcy otherwise they would be committing perjury.  That's not making a mistake.  I also don't see how faking W2s for a job you never held is a mistake, or any of the number of other things they did to get the loans they did in a fraudulent manner.  Those weren't mistakes, they were acts committed willfully, despite what Tre wants you to think now.

• Love 5

Hey, man--I never said that I don't think they did exactly what they're accused and convicted of, just that the word "mistake" is perfectly valid in this context, as it doesn't mean only "by accident." It is a mistake to do what they did, willful or not (whether she uses the word to downplay her actions is irrelevant). I willfully drove too fast on the way to work and got pulled over; it was a mistake to think I'd get away with it. I'm talking about semantics here, not morals. There's plenty to snark on about Teresa and her vocabulary but her use of this word in this context is not incorrect.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, smores said:

There are laws that you break by mistake, like jaywalking, or speeding, even.  And, sometimes you do shit that you didn't realize was wrong by accident.  Someone I knew inadvertently "smuggled" stuff by buying more than you were allowed to buy while out of the country on a cruise and bringing it back.  They declared it through customs and that's how they found out that they went over the legal limit.  The agent explained the limit and told them for future reference, don't do it again.

In Tre's case, I could buy having to amend the bankruptcy filing once because you inadvertently left off one thing, maybe even a bank account you thought was on there.  But, not as much as they left off, and not the multiple times they had to amend, and remember, they had to pull the bankruptcy otherwise they would be committing perjury.  That's not making a mistake.  I also don't see how faking W2s for a job you never held is a mistake, or any of the number of other things they did to get the loans they did in a fraudulent manner.  Those weren't mistakes, they were acts committed willfully, despite what Tre wants you to think now.

I think the problem here is people have different definitions of "mistake."  It sounds like you think of a mistake as a misunderstanding.  Others (Teresa included) think of a mistake is something they regret doing, something they wish they hadn't done.  Kind of like when you break up with someone and tell your friends "well that one was certainly a mistake."  You didn't date him by accident, but you still consider him a "mistake."  

There's really no need to continue debating semantics.

• Love 8
On August 3, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Crazydoxielady said:

And the dogs! Does no one care that the dogs are running around loose in the yard and could run out onto the street? Just me? Ok then.

I'm thinking (hopefully) they all have electronic fences (didn't see the collar though)? Not that I'm a fan of them. That adorable German Shepherd will blow out of it one day easy with the right provocation...

BTW - what's with the huge pile of dirt in front of the Gorga's house? Against my better judgement I caught up with On Demand. The ratings aren't very good. Maybe time to bring back Danielle (gasp). 

• Love 1
On August 1, 2016 at 1:51 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

My thoughts about this episode:

Either the Gorga kids are horribly behaved brats or they're terrible actors trying to support this stupid storyline of Melissa trying to work outside the home. Neither look is good on them. I tend to think it was mostly scripted, though. In that 10K sf house, Joe could only work right beside the door where the kids are running in and out of the house? Really?  Antonia is way too old to do stuff like hit her father with something when he's supposedly on a "business call."  (And if it wasn't scripted, the proper response is to politely beg off the phone call. Hang up and rip into the kid, sending her to her room.  She doesn't show respect to the guy or woman on the other end of the phone call. Of course, if there was another person there.)  If I wasn't sure it was all staged, Antonia yelling out "Where is mom?!" really removed all doubt. The acting talent in this family only rivals the singing talent.

Ha! Totally with you. Seems absolutely scripted like the Gorga's are trying to capitalize/recreate on the "success" of badly behaved Milania (in her defense - she's way funnier). 

Also loved Joe Gorga's having and using the measuring tape next to his plans while he was "working". Detailed architectural plans are normally not done by scale. Is 1/2" a foot? I thought he was self-admittedly not good at "math". 

• Love 3

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I think the word "mistake" minimizes the errors of the Guidices ways.

I don't associate prison time with making a "mistake". If ya' can't own up to your mistakes can any kind of meaningful changes for the better be made? Listening to Theresa it doesn't sound like it. And Bravo is pretty much rewarding bad behavior.

I get glossing things over for the kids but at some point ya' gotta accept responsibility. 

Full disclosure: I wouldn't mind seeing them in an apartment above a pizza place.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Hey, man--I never said that I don't think they did exactly what they're accused and convicted of, just that the word "mistake" is perfectly valid in this context, as it doesn't mean only "by accident." It is a mistake to do what they did, willful or not (whether she uses the word to downplay her actions is irrelevant). I willfully drove too fast on the way to work and got pulled over; it was a mistake to think I'd get away with it. I'm talking about semantics here, not morals. There's plenty to snark on about Teresa and her vocabulary but her use of this word in this context is not incorrect.

Hi TattleTeeny! Also to everybody apologize for multiple posts in succession (just watched last three episodes).

I think the semantic issue maybe that Teresa seems to never admit when she's done wrong and couches it "semantically" (i.e., she only hung out with people who called Melissa a stripper, only signed what her husband gave her, etc.). 

When you hypothetically got pulled over, you admitted you made a mistake. Teresa still doesn't seem to own up to it. She was indicted, convicted and served her time so IMO she has no more worries about potential legal issues per se. IMO owning it and a new PR team will do her wonders.

I'm pretty sure Teresa doesn't know what semantics are - but I do think she's smarter than we think.

• Love 4

Oh, of course--I do agree with what you're saying. I just took issue with the idea that the word is wrong.

And, haha--when I got pulled over*, I told my (apparently overprotective) friend and his first instinct was to yell, "What an asshole!" about the cop! I was like, "Huh? But I did do what he said I did [and it was indeed a mistake on my pat]; it's his job!" 

* That road, man--to this day I still have to remind myself of the cops' hideout! They park the car in a bush and stop you by jumping out into the street waving their hands at you! They actually look like they're having a grand old time too.

• Love 1

I think the mistake the Guidice's made was the pretense that they have the money to afford an extravagant lifestyle.  How they supported it was not a mistake; it was calculated fraud.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh, of course--I do agree with what you're saying. I just took issue with the idea that the word is wrong.

And, haha--when I got pulled over*, I told my (apparently overprotective) friend and his first instinct was to yell, "What an asshole!" about the cop! I was like, "Huh? But I did do what he said I did [and it was indeed a mistake on my pat]; it's his job!" 

* That road, man--to this day I still have to remind myself of the cops' hideout! They park the car in a bush and stop you by jumping out into the street waving their hands at you! They actually look like they're having a grand old time too.

So funny. My mother refuses to wear a seatbelt and we got pulled over for it on Northern State Parkway (LI) and I lied for her. I told her I'd never do it again cause she needs to wear a seatbelt. 

I also got busted on the NJ Turnpike for going about 90 once (NY to DC is a bitch). My only ticket was when I had my very black friend (see complexion similar to Charlie Murphy) in the car with me, so we call it my driving while black ticket. My Akita in the car wasn't happy. We told the cops he didn't like authority (they thought it was funny). See also I was driving about 90...

Total scam though. I hired a local lawyer who apparently didn't do anything and I eventually was told there was a bench warrant out for my arrest (really). They thought it was pretty funny when I my compared my very white self to Bobby Brown (over the phone)...I happily paid the ticket and fine and DC never was the wiser (see lackadaisical). 

37 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

That damn Tunpike can be tricky--I feel like you often have to decide between keeping up with traffic or obeying the posted limit.

Yes ..welcome to the NJ Turnpike! I'm generally going with keeping up after I-95. The down to two lanes are a bitch. That's also what's funny about my "driving while black ticket", I saw the local cops on the side of the highway while going 90. I was totally/deserved getting a ticket (see reckless driving and court re Bobby Brown). Funny thing is first time I saw any cops on the side of the highway while I was driving and rightly got busted (see reckless driving ticket), I was with my very dark best friend, hence the "driving while black" ticket joke. I was getting busted anyway.

• Love 1

I am pretty sure she's married to her 2nd husband.  I don't think we have seen him

I'm embarrassed that I know this. Siggy is indeed married to her second husband.

I hope this show doesn't become overly meta - after a while Teresa being out of jail will no longer be a novelty - but I've become used to RH shows becoming that way after a few seasons. I'm already tired of Teresa referencing the paparazzi and how they're going to mob her, etc. I did feel a little bit of karmic satisfaction when she talked about all the tabs mentioning her marriage to Joe and whether they would divorce...after previous seasons in which she tried to spread crap about Melissa (she's a stripper, she had an affair), talked smack about others to the magazines, it's coming back to her.

DItto on the Gorga kids acting out as a plotline. I don't remember them being anything other than reasonably well-behaved in previous seasons. So now that Melissa wants to work outside of the home, they're suddenly uncontrollable? I don't buy it. And I don't buy Joe Gorga's helplessness - he made pancakes for the kids in S4! 

I'm maybe in the minority, but I liked the toenail clipping scene between Teresa and Joe. I'm so used to him yelling at her to "shut up" or "end it! I don't wanna talk about it!" and her screeching about one thing or another. It seemed like a natural scene and in an odd way, one of closeness. I trim my husband's errant eyebrow hairs so I could relate.

• Love 3
On 8/1/2016 at 8:45 AM, TexasGal said:

In a night full of filler, I rejoiced for a moment to hear Dolores' daughter talk about vets delivering calves from a uterus and not a vagina.  Hallelujah! 

THIS ^^^. I literally cringed and braced myself when they broached the topic because I thought of all these nasty hags (Theresa's disgusting fish story, Jac and DAUGHTER Asslee talking about noisily humping , Joey's poison, and the pigs from all the other franchises and their gross vulgarity), and then this lovely and intelligent young woman expressed herself like the lovely, intelligent, well-educated person that she is. Hallelujah, indeed! That alone makes me Team Dolores.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2016 at 10:29 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Jacqueline and Asslee can suck eggs- what vapid, nasty witches they are. 

Chris Laurita seems like a nice guy, but what an idiot. Quit with the get rich quick and easy schemes and get a real job. Acting as if he is being philanthropic by marketing a healthy snack for Autistic kids is a joke. Especially after we've seen them give their son sugary doughnuts. 

Yes, these two are more like evil sisters (though you described them far better), than mother and daughter. Blech.

Agree 100%. Their "philanthropic" business plan is incredibly offensive, and I appreciate your observation about the doughnuts. Many of my girlfriends are vigilant about their children's consumption of healthy snacks and would never give them a doughnut--and they are older than Nicholas AND not struggling on the spectrum. I've always been disgusted by their using this baby for a s/l, and now they've really crossed the line hawking some irrelevant product. They've done nothing to raise awareness, IMHO, and now they're reaching the point of exploitation. Despicable rubes.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2016 at 11:19 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

Just another scam from the Lyin Lauritas. But there sooooo much better then Tre and Joe? (In there own little minds) Yeah...right. Because making money off fucking popcorn by claiming it's good for Autism? Then you wash it down with BLK Water..which is also good for Autism. Snake Oil and Grifters.

<Enthusiastic Applause> And don't forget to finish it off with yer doughnut! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

THIS ^^^. I literally cringed and braced myself when they broached the topic because I thought of all these nasty hags (Theresa's disgusting fish story, Jac and DAUGHTER Asslee talking about noisily humping , Joey's poison, and the pigs from all the other franchises and their gross vulgarity), and then this lovely and intelligent young woman expressed herself like the lovely, intelligent, well-educated person that she is. Hallelujah, indeed! That alone makes me Team Dolores.

I loved how Dolores was talking about college. While she commented about her father's dismissal, she didn't let herself off the hook either by saying that others have paid for college by themselves.  No wonder she seems to have raised great kids.  

• Love 4

Mistake: noun

1.  an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

ex. Continuing to debate the definition of the word 'mistake', or whether what the Giudices did was a mistake, would definitely be a mistake.  

Let's drop it, please.

• Love 8

I did feel a little bit of karmic satisfaction when she talked about all the tabs mentioning her marriage to Joe and whether they would divorce...after previous seasons in which she tried to spread crap about Melissa (she's a stripper, she had an affair), talked smack about others to the magazines, it's coming back to her.

I would agree, except Teresa herself probably gave the stories to the tabloids. She and Juicy have no shame whatsoever when it comes to lining their own pockets.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, jaync said:

I would agree, except Teresa herself probably gave the stories to the tabloids. She and Juicy have no shame whatsoever when it comes to lining their own pockets.

Well - they do need the money, so I actually don't evisicerate them for it. Nice Louis Vuitton bag though Teresa! Way to have priorities! Was the Valentino from the last season no longer good enough?

No show last night? I was actually going to watch. The ratings seem to suck enough that I decided I was morally OK with it. I'm somewhat thinking about buying Teresa's book on Kindle for the same reason (see for the crass but very applicable shits and giggles). I actually ended up getting Melissa's book for the same reason. I'd say no judgement please except I deserve it. Sounded way more interesting in the scathing reviews. It ended up being so boring I never finished it...

• Love 1

I'm already tired of Teresa referencing the paparazzi and how they're going to mob her, etc.

Teresa wants the photographers to leave her alone, but she also invited them in her home within 24 hours of leaving prison. And she forced her young daughters to pose for pictures for said photographers so she can pay for her brand new SUV and gaudy house. But after that, she wants privacy. Sort of.

Mother of the Year.

And yes, Jacqueline is also an asshole. But that doesn't actually make Teresa LESS of an asshole. It just means they deserve each other.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Teresa wants the photographers to leave her alone, but she also invited them in her home within 24 hours of leaving prison. And she forced her young daughters to pose for pictures for said photographers so she can pay for her brand new SUV and gaudy house. But after that, she wants privacy. Sort of.

Mother of the Year.

And yes, Jacqueline is also an asshole. But that doesn't actually make Teresa LESS of an asshole. It just means they deserve each other.

That pretty much sums it up! Good job! I tend to be a little too loquacious and forget my original point.??????????

On August 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM, heatherchandler said:

"Each and every DAY every DAY every DAYYYYY"

I thought that Dolores's daughter was actually very down to earth and sweet.  I didn't find her obnoxious, or spoiled.  I hope she gets into vet school.

My friend's son is not on the spectrum, or he has a very mild (not sure if that is the word) autism, but does have leaky gut.  He is not allowed popcorn at all - or any corn.  It is number one on the list of "absolutely never eat" foods. 

Oh yeah there is a lot of back story - they all pulled crap with each other.

I seem to remember that Chris was actually engaged to Dina's friend when he met Jac.  And he was a coward and didn't want to face her to break it off. 

Chris is probably realizing that there is not a job in Jersey, for which he is qualified, that will pay him what he was paying himself at his clothing company.  He NEEDS another get-rich-quick scheme in order to live the high life.  I would almost feel sorry for him... if he wasn't a crook and thief.

Melissa looks nothing at all like she used to when she started the show.  It is mind-blowing when they show the pictures.   I wonder how she will feel when Antonia grows up a bit more to look like her old face.  Will she get her a new face too??

Oh wouldn't that be the lowest of the lows wrt the popcorn - selling it to the ASD market and having it be harmful?  I have to assume the smaller kernels have less of an impact? I hope so.

So with Melissa and the new look.  My neighbor clearly had a nose job.  When she had her daughter, the baby had the biggest nose. Infant, 2 days out - just home from the hospital and the nose is quite impressive.  I always wondered what her mother's original nose looked like.  Now we are 20+ years down the road and the daughter's nose is still quite large and by quite, I mean distractingly large.  Her daughter is lovely, and considering the mother clearly had a nose job, I have to think that it is the daughter's decision not to have one.   Not that it matters in any way, shape or form.  

3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I'm somewhat thinking about buying Teresa's book on Kindle for the same reason (see for the crass but very applicable shits and giggles). I actually ended up getting Melissa's book for the same reason. I'd say no judgement please except I deserve it. Sounded way more interesting in the scathing reviews. It ended up being so boring I never finished it...

Check your library!  I found her book at the library, and didn't have to put a penny in her pocket.  I can't remember if they had it available for kindle checkout, as well as book.  I have been reading all of the housewives books on my kindle, checked out of the library. 

What is Melissa's book about??  I mean, is it just stories about her childhood?  Or housewives stories?  I don't want to have to read it, I am just curious.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Check your library!  I found her book at the library, and didn't have to put a penny in her pocket.  I can't remember if they had it available for kindle checkout, as well as book.  I have been reading all of the housewives books on my kindle, checked out of the library. 

What is Melissa's book about??  I mean, is it just stories about her childhood?  Or housewives stories?  I don't want to have to read it, I am just curious.

It was actually so boring I really can't remember that well. Something about her childhood and unfaithful father who died early and being bullied cause the boys liked her (ala Law and Order type nonsense) and then her striving to be the "perfect" wife - as in never pooping where her husband can tell and giving up the booty whenever the aforementioned wants it - cause you can do anything for 15 minutes...

Anybody else who read it has anything to add? 

• Love 1

OK, I can't keep my mouth shut about the popcorn. First of all, who wants SMALLER kernels? Like the dregs of your bucket? Sounds like he can get inferior corn for a cheaper price and then will try to sell it as special. Second, smaller is a GREATER choking hazard than large. Haven't we all seen the plastic tubes you use to check if something is a choking hazard? The object has to be bigger than the hole to be safe. And third, corn? Organic or not, it's pretty much non nutritious unless you want a little fiber. What a freaking scam artist. Trying to reinvent popcorn. Aargh! Get a freaking job!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

It was actually so boring I really can't remember that well. Something about her childhood and unfaithful father who died early and being bullied cause the boys liked her (ala Law and Order type nonsense) and then her striving to be the "perfect" wife - as in never pooping where her husband can tell and giving up the booty whenever the aforementioned wants it - cause you can do anything for 15 minutes...

Anybody else who read it has anything to add? 

That sounds terrible and pretty much exactly what I expected.  There is a LOT of weirdness with her obsession with her father.  He was a cheater but apparently the greatest man ever? She's such a weirdo.

5 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Meant to add - what did you think about Teresa's book?

Just started it.  Literally struggling to get past the first pages.  I'm trying to force myself to finish.  I'm also reading "Dirty Rocker Boys" by Bobbie Brown (of cherry pie fame) and although both books are awful, I keep picking that one to read.  I think I need to expand my book horizons.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Meant to add - what did you think about Teresa's book?

It was "eh." Nothing too interesting, though she didn't bellyache much about prison. If nothing else, she seems to go with the flow. She should probably go with better flows in the future, obviously. I realize some people view it as whitewashing but I think there's something to be said for not crumbling.

• Love 4

OK, I can't keep my mouth shut about the popcorn. First of all, who wants SMALLER kernels?

There probably IS a market for it, but just like with the weird water thing, the competition is impossible for a little guy business. Like they have said 5 zillion times on the show Shark Tank, there are some businesses that are totally dominated by large companies and impossible to break into. Water and popcorn are two examples. I like Chris Laurita, but he needs to start being realistic. No one is going to buy popcorn or water just because someone in the Real Housewives franchise is selling it. And that's really the only draw. Chris needs to get a realistic job that will support his family. Jacqueline could be working too, since I think even little Nicholas is going to school now?

Teresa cookbooks sold because of her fame. I don't recall huge sales numbers for her pasta line (if I'm wrong, someone correct me). And I think most of her bills are paid by appearances and stories sold to tabloids. And books she didn't really write herself. All these people need a shot of realism.

• Love 4