Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: A Life To Envy

• Start Topic

On August 8, 2016 at 3:24 PM, jinjer said:

Oh wouldn't that be the lowest of the lows wrt the popcorn - selling it to the ASD market and having it be harmful?  I have to assume the smaller kernels have less of an impact? I hope so.

So with Melissa and the new look.  My neighbor clearly had a nose job.  When she had her daughter, the baby had the biggest nose. Infant, 2 days out - just home from the hospital and the nose is quite impressive.  I always wondered what her mother's original nose looked like.  Now we are 20+ years down the road and the daughter's nose is still quite large and by quite, I mean distractingly large.  Her daughter is lovely, and considering the mother clearly had a nose job, I have to think that it is the daughter's decision not to have one.   Not that it matters in any way, shape or form.  

I think Antonia is quite pretty and looks a lot like her father.   I don't think her nose is suddenly going to get disproportionately bigger, but I would like to think if Melissa talks about her nose job at all, she stresses the fact that she had it done after she became an adult.  As compared to Dina's mommy and me nose job with her daughter, which seems to absolutely eliminate the chances Dina taught her daughter about self- acceptance.  Maybe she'll get her a boob job for Christmas.  

• Love 1

So, supposedly (I can't verify because I have never tried it) the beauty of the small popcorn is the kernels. They are so small and thin that when they pop the kernel desintigrates so there are no sharp little jagged bits to get stuck between teeth and in your gums. They sell the kernels in a jar at The Fresh Market and I was reading about them one time. They are a different variety of corn than most popcorn is made from, and the yield per ear is not as high, so it is way more expensive than regular popcorn. Is there a market for it? There might be... Those little jagged kernel shrapnel is my least favorite part of popcorn, so if it really does eliminate that, I can't call it a "bad" idea. I would certainly consider trying it, unless the price was more than double the price of regular popcorns.

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 2

Yes, Pipcorn...that's the one I saw at Fresh Market in the jar full of kernels! I didn't realize they sold an already pipped version of it. I imagine it is identical to the little kernel.

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, Crazydoxielady said:

I find the new women ok, but Siggy is kind of annoying. If she is a relationship expert, why isn't she in one. I understand she got divorced, but shouldn't an expert be able to find herself in another one?

Siggy is married.  Just not to her children's father. 

I've never heard of or tried mini popcorn either but I always loved finding those "half popped" kernels at the bottom of the bag or bowl.  Therefore, when I found Halfpops last year, I fell passionately in love with them!  The Butter and Sea Salt is my go-to, but white cheddar is also a good friend to me.

• Love 2
On 8/3/2016 at 9:38 AM, Juliegirlj said:

There is so much more than what has been shown on the show between Teresa, Jacqueline, the Manzo's, Dina, etc.  Years of feuds,backstabbing, one upping for storylines, all kinds of craziness. 

Allegedly, Teresa knew about Albert Manzo's mistress and told producers, who planned on having it revealed on the show, but Caroline wasn't having it and walked off. Then she negotiated their show. Caroline and Jacqueline are close ( Dina doesn't like Jac, because her friend dated Chris before), and there was bad blood because Teresa brought up the mistress, and on and on.....

I had never heard that (Teresa and the mistress) but it makes sense because of how  Carolina turned on Teresa so viciously and so suddenly. It was ugly.  I had read that the problem was the fight in Punta Cana that Teresa apparently caused (and we know how Caroline feels about her precious sons) - but I always thought there was more.   That scene on Jac's deck a season or so ago that Bravo keeps showing over and over again  - it was never a coincidence that Caroline showed up and it was obvious that Caroline was loaded for bear as soon as she got there.

• Love 1