Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E19: Nominations 6

• Start Topic

Paul is such an obnoxious jerk.  And little Paulie too.  The "twinsie" thing is truly vomit inducing.  Thanks BB for ruining my dinner.

Aww Natalie.  How did you screw that up?

Paul does look better without the beard.  Let's set it on fire.

Nobody wants to be a "pawn".  Shocker!

I'm glad Natalie is off slop, but this will make her easy target.

Corey - go Cheney yourself. Nicole gets more annoying every scene she's in.

PP.  Yeah; call yourselves another name for urine.  You are just so damned clever.

D'avonne needs to get a clue. Ugh.

Every year it's the same thing.  I end up hating almost all the HG's, just for different reasons.  (sigh)

• Love 16

What the hell was Victor wearing tonight?  Was that a bathing suit and a winter hat?  Wha???

I hate everybody now that Frank is gone.  I even forgot it was on and lo and behold I put it on at 10 to 9 and it had just started.

• Love 2

What I would really like to be able to vote on is a list of words/phrases that these people are not allowed to use, starting with

your boy
friendship
PP
blood on my hands
(and just for good measure) at the end of the day

• Love 20

This episode was so jam-packed full of the hilarious casual sexism and racism, with a dash of homophobia, they clearly had to time-delay it.

From "either way, a girl goes this week" to "homegirl's gotta go" to "you guys dress alike, so you're clearly lovers."

I'm so glad I don't watch the feeds, so I don't know if these people also make rape jokes or have criminal records. They're already so easy to hate.

• Love 6

What was Natalie even doing during that HOH comp? It didn't looking like she was trying to throw it, but who knows.

I'm tired of "Friendship" and PP.

If someone doesn't figure out Paulie ASAP, he's going to win.

• Love 6

And what the hell was with that convo between Corey and Nicole about him adopting his puppy...was.very.odd. He looked like a serial killer (sanpaku eyes). Even Nicole seemed a touch nervous.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 7

Yep, this is an awful cast. That's probably why they brought the vets back. And again I wonder whether those are the vets they really wanted or just the ones they could get?

Apparently the gay subtext has been moved to PP (seriously?) and now Corey's getting the "low-key batshit crazy" edit.

• Love 1

UGH. As soon as Paul got 21 during the HOH comp, I was praying that anyone would sink the perfect shot, because I knew there was no way I could stand having him in the spot light all week. No matter how much I don't like some of the other players that were still standing, I needed someone else, anyone else, to get the HOH and save me from him yelling "Friendship", "Your Boy" and "OHHH" in every.damn.scene. This week needs to end. Here's hoping either Da'vonne goes up as a backdoor and gets booted, or Paulie stays up and the house grows a backbone and actually sends him home. But yeah, not holding my breath on that.

I'm really happy for Natalie getting the care package. The only downfall is that now she's not eligible for some of the more important prizes, and she is one of the only players I can tolerate this season, so I wish she could still get more. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, helpmerhonda said:

What I would really like to be able to vote on is a list of words/phrases that these people are not allowed to use, starting with

your boy
friendship
PP
blood on my hands

I will add:

Homey

OHHHHH

• Love 4

Golf??!!?? I miss BB because of freakin' GOLF?? Just when you think you're safe to record something, even with a 15 minute pad time on a Sunday ya still get screwed.

I got to see just through psycho trippy Corey checking into his own private Idaho... Puttin the K in krazee there.

But, holy shit I almost fainted when Z's face appeared in the DR. Is that her first since the intro days?

And, yeah this cast has nothing going for it right now, and Paul is tap dancin alllll over my last nerve with his yelling and 'catch phrases'. If I was a HG I'd spend all my time trying to convince him to shave his beard, just to see if I can.

I didn't see that part but on Nat winning the first care package... that's nice but I wish the 'vote Victol' plan had worked so Nat could get one of the more 'powerful' ones later...

• Love 4

OOOHH! Homie! Our boy! Your homies wouldn't agree to be pawns so you could get homegirl out and then one of your homies wants to get homegirl out, so you gather the homies and homegirls together and homegirl volunteers to go on the block so you can get homegirl out but you decide on homie instead, which makes homegirl wonder what you're up to.  I know you want homie to win Veto so you can take out homegirl but homegirl can replace her and your homie can be safe. FRIENDSHIP!

Yeah, that's what it's like listening to Paul. That's what I got from this episode. Zzzz...

• Love 18

The golf was awesome. Way better than the show, at least in my biased world.

The whole "friendship" thing that Paul is desperately trying to make happen is the worst to me. Because I am an old school BB addict, and every time he says it, I get Season six flashbacks and have the desire to find out where Maggie is just so I can smack her for coming up with the worst alliance in the history of alliances. 

• Love 10

If I was a HG I'd spend all my time trying to convince him to shave his beard, just to see if I can.

In his CBS Jeff pre-game interview, Paul said he would shave his beard during the season if needed.

Good for Corey adopting a dog from a shelter and then spoiling her.  Shelter dogs need good homes.    

• Love 4

I just need to say that I really really dislike Bridgette and her leg-swinging, foot-kicking, giggling, aw-shucks, childish mannerisms. There is something about her behavior that makes me profoundly uncomfortable. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

your boy
friendship
PP
blood on my hands

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I will add:

Homey

OHHHHH

But... but... you left out the most importantest choice of all:

ALL OF THE ABOVE.

• Love 5

What the hell is up with the Care Package voting schedule?  The person who wins it might not even be there by the time voting ends, so some of us will be throwing our votes away up until the last day.  Fucking stupid.  It should run from Thursday/Friday to Tuesday.  Package dropped Wednesday, in time to actually be relevant for that week.  You can't get too far ahead of yourself in a game like this.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lamima said:

And what the hell was with that convo between Corey and Nicole about him adopting his puppy...was.very.odd. He looked like a serial killer (sanpaku eyes). Even Nicole seemed a touch nervous.

I'm no fan of Corey's, and that was strange, but I couldn't understand why production put it on a somewhat blurry loop and went slow-mo on his lonely dog impression while adding barking sound effects. 

31 minutes ago, eskimo said:

What the hell is up with the Care Package voting schedule?  The person who wins it might not even be there by the time voting ends, so some of us will be throwing our votes away up until the last day.  Fucking stupid.  It should run from Thursday/Friday to Tuesday.  Package dropped Wednesday, in time to actually be relevant for that week.  You can't get too far ahead of yourself in a game like this.  

On Thursday after the show the voting is open until 10 am PST.  We will know who is eliminated and if they have the round trip to come back.  It is good for a week so the person who gets #2 can presumably use it to delete 2 votes if they find themselves on the block.  I would think.  What good is it otherwise?  One could use it to change the outcome of the elimination, too.   But with this crew I don't think anyone will want to remove Bridget, Cory or Nicole so it might go to waste.  They are the next in line. 

Since they have to open it in front of everyone this may be another major fail. 

Edited by wings707

I thought the announcer said it was open till the 5th?  Either way, if the person who gets the most votes today, tomorrow, Tues, and Wed, goes home on Thursday and doesn't have the round trip, then all votes for that person were wasted, and only late Thursday/Friday votes even count anyways.  Or second place, which will prompt people to vote for what might happen rather than what IS happening.  My opinion is that if we're voting for it this week, it should apply this week, given the nature of the care packages and how quickly things change in the game.  I guess I'm saying that I think the lag is irritating and  by the time the winner even gets the package, the voters might not even want them to have it anymore.  

I also agree that opening it in front of everybody might make people reluctant to use their advantage for fear of being targeted.  And this group is so short sighted that I'll be surprised if any of them even get used to get out the actual threats.  I think they went to a lead paint testing facility to recruit this time around. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

your boy
friendship
PP
blood on my hands

Add - "100%"

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not so sure why he's so OTT about getting her out, now that Frank is gone.

It was easy to miss, with all the diary room yelling, but I believe Paul said something to the effect of booting Bridgette gets minimal "blood on my hands" (tm) -- as she was a target prior to this week and nobody would blame him for getting her out. A nice, easy HoH.

Paulie is such a low-rent Derrick (not Dr. Will or Dan -- to me, he lacks their levels of finesse). But if you define "Derrick" as "the ability to lead eager-to-be-led people around by the nose," Paulie is totally this year's Derrick. It oddly makes me wish Paulie had been on Derrick's season, because I don't think he would've been quite the eager puppy dog his brother was. Or maybe he's only this way through the benefit of experience.

Either way, it wouldn't shock me at all if the round-trip ticket has his name on it.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, helpmerhonda said:

your boy
friendship
PP
blood on my hands

How about "one hundred percent"!  ghoulina beat me to it!!

Edited by thegirlsdad
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I am so tired of Nicole's perfectly mussed loose bun. So. Tired.

And her nose, which I stare at while wondering if/when it will fall off of her face.

Sure, getting Bridgette out would help Paul to not catch the dreaded Big Brother Bloody Hands Syndrome, but how dense is he to not realize that she is a total free agent, and would vote any way he told her?  That said, Bridgette might have a better game if she spoke to others the way she speaks in the DR.  There, she comes across as somewhat intelligent and aware, but she regresses into a three-year old in the presence of any of the men.  If she came to them with an actual plan instead of sitting there giggling, maybe she'd have a better shot to stick around.

I hate pretty much this entire cast.  Enjoy your money, Paulie.

• Love 8

GOLF???? Not even football, or a political press conference, or a tragedy but GOLF???? Gee Thanks. So I got 10 mins. of the show on my DVR.......I could not figure out what caused the delay but, as always, all questions answered here. I stopped watching Amazing Race for years because it was always pushed so far back for football I never got the whole show. I was so happy when they took it off Sunday!

• Love 4

I've started recording everything that's on after BB, because I know it's bound to happen when certain sports are in season. Totally annoying, though, because Sunday is packed enough as it is and I have to shuffle all my shows around. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Aww Natalie.  How did you screw that up?

She choked. While practicing, she should have been trying to convince herself that winning the comp didn't matter, so that she wouldn't be all "OMG, this one's for real".

12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Golf??!!?? I miss BB because of freakin' GOLF?? Just when you think you're safe to record something, even with a 15 minute pad time on a Sunday ya still get screwed.

This is CBS. I've seen their commentators yammer about nothing seemingly forever so that the network can drop a show completely and have everything else be roughly on a normal schedule, albeit not in the correct time slots.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The smart money says she threw it. 

Natalie went from throwing the ball like a child to rolling it perfectly down the ramp three times in a row.  I hate to ask this, because this cast makes me crazy, but why throw this comp?  She seems to have moments of awareness in between doing her cheerleader kicks.  At times, I feel like she might be playing the best game of everyone, unless she's blinded by her crush on James.  Did she throw it because of the omnipresent fear of blood on the hands?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

GOLF???? Not even football, or a political press conference, or a tragedy but GOLF???? Gee Thanks. So I got 10 mins. of the show on my DVR.......I could not figure out what caused the delay but, as always, all questions answered here. I stopped watching Amazing Race for years because it was always pushed so far back for football I never got the whole show. I was so happy when they took it off Sunday!

I know, that was my feeling as well, I was having TAR flashbacks, turning on for the allocated time and seeing 60 minutes still going. I just didn't contemplate golf causing a bump, or I'd have upped my 15 minute padding. Anyhow...

she regresses into a three-year old in the presence of any of the men.  If she came to them with an actual plan instead of sitting there giggling, maybe she'd have a better shot to stick around.

You mean sitting there uncomfortably and then finally getting out "Oh, I don't know, checking in??" as a response to "Why are you here?" wasn't good enough? Heh. That was a painful segment. She really is a three year old in an adult's body. The giggling and cutesyness is way over the top. You think she can carry a convo in the real world? Beating a dead horse her but yeah if I had her as a nurse I'd be on that call button asap demanding a different nurse be assigned to me. 

• Love 3

The Paul and Paulie segment was funny. I think Zak is even jealous. lol

Day thinks she's likable enough to America to get a package? She's so mean and not funny in her good byes. Natalie's sweet, Bridgette's the alone victim with no friends. Paul and Corey are the cute guys. Nicole's the likable vet. They'll all get before her.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I am so tired of Nicole's perfectly mussed loose bun. So. Tired.

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And her nose, which I stare at while wondering if/when it will fall off of her face.

The thing that drives me nuts is the way she says 'bwwwuuuuuut', rather that but. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, eskimo said:

The thing that drives me nuts is the way she says 'bwwwuuuuuut', rather that but. 

That and her "and" is like an "ayyyyyyyyunnnd" three syllables instead of one. Most of the annoyance though comes from her constantly speaking through her nose which has obviously has a 'Jan' from the Brady Bunch kind of accident at one (or more) point(s).

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Natalie went from throwing the ball like a child to rolling it perfectly down the ramp three times in a row.  I hate to ask this, because this cast makes me crazy, but why throw this comp?  She seems to have moments of awareness in between doing her cheerleader kicks.  At times, I feel like she might be playing the best game of everyone, unless she's blinded by her crush on James.  Did she throw it because of the omnipresent fear of blood on the hands?

I'm thinking she figured folks would press her to put up Bridgette and she had that alliance with Bridgette and Bronte. She was not happy with James putting her up and I am sure she would NOT want to put her up had she won HoH.

Wil from Season 14 imitates her with a piece of scotch tape pulling his nose up toward his forehead lol (I couldn't delete the Ep.4 video - sorry).

The whole thing with Paulie copying Paul is cringe worthy. That's some middle school girl ish right there. What kind of grown ass man still copies their friends hair, clothes, and catch phrases, down to such specific detail? Super lame. I wonder what Cody thought of it since he was accused of riding Derrick's coattails?

• Love 1

Off to Youtube to watch more Wil videos!

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

That and her "and" is like an "ayyyyyyyyunnnd" three syllables instead of one. Most of the annoyance though comes from her constantly speaking through her nose which has obviously has a 'Jan' from the Brady Bunch kind of accident at one (or more) point(s).

Oh yes, that too.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I can't believe no one is seeing how much Paulie is controlling everything. He's not even being sly about it like Dan with his mist, or Dr. Will being the puppet master. He's just telling people what to do, and they respond with "Okay".

And it's not even like others are threatened by him, but are too scared to take a shot at him - no one has ever even brought him up in the DR as someone they are considering nominating or want to go home. He isn't even on anyone's radars. He literally just threw an HOH competition before a single player was out yet, which shows there's not one person he feels will come after him. Then he nonchalantly volunteers to be the pawn. He even openly talked about how he will simply win the VETO and take himself down, like it's the easiest thing in the world for him to win a comp. At least when Derrrick got to the end without ever being on anyone's radar, he was very quiet about a lot of things, and remained humble to make sure no one saw him as threat. Paulie pretty much forfeited his chance for safety twice last episode by throwing the HOH right off the bat, and then volunteering to be on the block, and is still as arrogant as ever that the week will play out exactly as he wants. And the sad thing is, it probably will. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

The whole "friendship" thing that Paul is desperately trying to make happen is the worst to me. Because I am an old school BB addict, and every time he says it, I get Season six flashbacks and have the desire to find out where Maggie is just so I can smack her for coming up with the worst alliance in the history of alliances. 

That's been a big problem for me this season. Every time he says, "Friendship", I get a vision of Maggie and her Nerd Herd curled up on the HOH bed weeping softly and singing "That's What Friends Are For." Blergh.

• Love 6