Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Change Partners

• Start Topic

Oh look Kelly, someone who doesn't hate you or you hate back. Though Brandon to be fair I think when he was talking about the retreat when asked, Kelly was fully making out with Dylan which kind of made him leave to go to Lucinda, if I can recall.

When Donna got her haircut, did they like take out a piece of her brain? That dog looks like something Erica would draw and doesn't even....like you have a camera. Then instead of taking it to the vet takes the dog to Cindy who tells her to take her to the vet. How? Why? Like you call him Rocky, people think the fighter from Philly who has a statue and not Joe Frazier (I'm salty about that) not a composer that your boyfriend is probably the only one who knows who that is. How did she not notice the patches? 

What's the point of Kathy? 

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I liked Season 4 and Season 5 Clare. She was so absurd that it didn't make sense and it was entertaining. it took screen time of other, worse characters. 

All the discussion about shenanigans in the dorm room takes me back to high school boarding school memories. About 15 years ago there was a reunion on the old campus and a bunch of us were walking through the dorms. One of my classmates pointed out her old room, and then reminisced that it was the place where she'd lost her virginity to her boyfriend. Someone asked her which bed was hers, and she said, "Oh, no, actually it was over there up against the wall."

• Love 2

That drawing looks like it was done by Napoleon Dynamite. 

That dog is so CUUUUTE. If I remember correctly it was a dog actor and they had to style him to look dirty and tangled. Lol

hes a Tibetan Terrier it looks like so he doesn't get greasy the way a sporting breed may. They are hugging dogs as you see in the screen cap. They like to hug humans like a koala to a tree. 

• Love 1

Oh God, I forgot about that dog drawing. I thought art/drawing was the one thing Donna was supposed to be good at? She got props from her high school art teacher and then became a "fashion designer" (Now Wear This is so many seasons away), so that seemed like a bit of a continuity error.

8 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I liked Season 4 and Season 5 Clare. She was so absurd that it didn't make sense and it was entertaining. it took screen time of other, worse characters. 

I agree. She, like basically every other character on this show, eventually became terrible starting in season 6 or so, but she was enjoyable in seasons 4 and 5. Part of the reason I like her is because she was smart, and competitive about being smart, but wasn't an awkward nerd about it like Andrea was.

I think Claire was who Andrea was supposed to be.  I just didn't get why she was so eager to bone Brandon.  Have some dignity, girl!  She was a raging bitch to Steve though. 

I think this is when Tori is just "The Virgin" vs. later on, she's the best thing ever.  So smart, gorgeous, talented... teachers want to push her because she's the most talented student. 

I think Kelly makes perfect sense with Brandon and vice versa.  Brandon can finally "take" something from Dylan, who in his mind is taking everything.  This stupid world of the "task force" works with having an admirable girlfriend.

Kelly is with this "rising star", who is introducing her to a world of high thinkers.  Kelly has always been a dumb bimbo, and now she's talking to the Chancellor.  Later on, she and Brenda start having problems, a lot of which involve Kelly taking what "belongs" to Brenda.  She is being as much of a Walsh as she can by being with Brandon.

My fav episode (the season ending) is coming... it's like the end of The Godfather- cleaning house with everyone!

(edited)

I'm just trying to imagine the headline in The Condor should Brandon's secret relationship be revealed: "Person You've Never Heard of Has Relationship with Adult Woman!  Also, Task Force!"  

Edited by txhorns79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Based purely on appearance, Muntz was cute enough. But he came across about as dim as Donna in Season 4. The episode with the volleyball game, when he asks for Steve's moon pie and stares at it like a dog salivating over a treat and then Steve gives it to him and pats him on the head, then Muntz gets called into the game and puts the half-eaten moon pie in his pocket... ugh. There is no way that guy's getting laid.

• Love 2

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've always found Brandon and Kelly kind of charming together in these episodes. Maybe it's because Kelly's relationship with Dylan was so overwrought and volatile and they just don't seem to have anything in common or really like each other, and by comparison Kelly seems to actually be happy and have fun with Brandon. And like Adam, I find her reading of "You want something pithy? Pith off" (and Brandon's reaction) pretty cute.

I liked Claire in Season 5, but Season 4 Claire really irritates me - mostly her over the top desperation for Brandon, including that time when she shows up at his house, won't leave, listens in on his phonecalls, and then handcuffs herself to his bed. Sooooo gross on a number of levels, not the least of which is that it all screams sexual harassment to me. If their genders were reversed that behavior would pretty likely be seen as rapey instead of cute/sexy the way it's played up in the episode.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm just trying to imagine the headline in The Condor should Brandon's secret relationship be revealed: "Person You've Never Heard of Has Relationship with Adult Woman!  Also, Task Force!"  

You think that someone running the Condor, you think he had something better to do but nope. I mean I can see why Tara and Sarah gave him MVP but the guy is writing about Brandon, a freshman...on the taskforce. Not about the Resident Advisers sleeping with students, or drugs or animal testing.

43 minutes ago, helent said:

Shouldn't the lost dog poster say 'Dog found'?!

It's Donna. She said something like "I did the best that I could."

Could imagine some random person saying they found a dog that looked like her poster and she wouldn't have a clue. 

• Love 1

I just thought Season 4 Claire was amusing. It was so stupid and weird that I just didn't want to think about it even if it was so weird stalkering that's scary if you think about it. But it was either Claire, Erica, Laura, or Kelly v. Dylan for the nth time. Season 5, she was what Andrea was supposed to be and didn't belittle David like she did to Steve. She added something to show when you had St. Kelly, Donna being Donna. So yeah. Then Season 6 and she was ruined. 

I did like Kelly and Brandon's interactions in the camp. For once he wasn't a total jerkwad and she actually seemed like she enjoyed the company. 

20 hours ago, tadpoledrain said:

Hey, Donna's hair is looking excellent!

It's just about to start helmetizing. I like Shannen's hair now, too. The bangs have grown out enough that it doesn't look choppy, and it generally just looks kinda dramatic. It suits her.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

A "Just One Of the Guys" reference!  Yeah, if I saw it today I'd probably still love that movie.

The journalistic conceit and premise of that movie is more logical and realistic than this Brandon expose and task force bullshittt that is insulting all of our intelligence. 

7 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Ha, I meant to fix that yesterday and got distracted. On it now.

I don't listen to the podcast, so I thought it might've been something in that. But then again, it seemed like it was a reference to the photo. I began playing the country music version of Where's Waldo, looking for a banjo player...banjolier? banjoist?

13 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I don't listen to the podcast, so I thought it might've been something in that. 

?  The Again With This podcasts are in the top five best things that happened to the Internet. 

• Love 6

Loved Adam's "the universe can't be one of the things"-rant. And I really cannot fault Dylan for being rude in that particular situation. Perhaps Kelly was a sexy witch for Halloween, but Lucinda is trying to be one all everytime she tries to seduce a nineteen year old douchebag. On the upside, both Donna, Kelly and Brenda are looking really good in this episode. Which is good for Donna, cause that is all she hs going for her right now. (Going back to David, really? That drawing, REALLY?)

tee hee on naming the character "Corey". You are so right. There were no 40 year old college professors named Corey in 1993. Actually, so many of the character names have always puzzled me, starting with "Donna". For as Catholic as Felice and Dr. Martin seem to be when convenient, they definitely would have given her a Saint's name. Ann, Katherine, Mary, Theresa, etc. And if they were going to stray from that, why "Donna"? The only Donna I have ever met in the wild was our cool 40 year old divorced single mom neighbor on the street where I grew up in the '70s. Are any of you named Donna? Might as well have named her Linda. I was going to say Sheila, but then I remembered that is actually David's mom's name, and here we are.

• Love 2

I had a cousin about my age named Donna so that never bothered me but let's talk about a college-aged girl in the 90s named Janet...

Edited by Qoass
  • Love 2

The 90210 gang is supposed to have all been born somewhere between 1974 and 1976, right? I'd say in that case the boys names are definitely more spot on then the girls. Dylan and David were pretty common. Brandon and Steve less so, but not weird sounding. Brenda? Not so much. Donna, not at all. Donna was a mom name in the 1990s. Kelly is about 10 years out of date. Andrea (or Aaaaaaaandrea) is the only one of the girls names that sounds really Gen X-y to me.

The 90210 gang is supposed to have all been born somewhere between 1974 and 1976, right? I'd say in that case the boys names are definitely more spot on then the girls. Dylan and David were pretty common. Brandon and Steve less so, but not weird sounding. Brenda? Not so much. Donna, not at all. Donna was a mom name in the 1990s. Kelly is about 10 years out of date. Andrea (or Aaaaaaaandrea) is the only one of the girls names that sounds really Gen X-y to me.

We had a bunch of Kellys at school in the 80s, and Angies, Sarahs, Jennifer/jennys galore, even a few Wendys. No Donnas. No Janets, either, for that matter. I think Donna should have been named Julie or Courtney.

I am almost exactly the same age as the gang (1976) and if you went by my school the girls should have been named Heather, Sarah, Jessica, and Michelle. The boys probably should have been Jason, David, Eric, and Ryan. But as I said before, the only name that feels completely off is Donna.

• Love 1

So here's another fun game: who should get which new name. I'm going

Branda = Heather

Kelly = Michelle

donna = Jessica

Andrea = Sarah (with an H that she would harp on constantly)

Brandon = Jason

Steve = Eric

David = David

Dylan = Ryan

I had at least 10 Jennifer's in my graduating class- plus plenty of Michelle's, Sarah's, and Elaine's.  We also had a lot of Jason's, Michael's and David's.  You could use most of the cast's real names instead (Jennie/Jennifer, Jason, Brian)

Heck, nearly every woman I know is married to a Jason.  I have multiple Michael/Mike, Steve's, and Chris'. 

Given how ultra Catholic Donna was, she should have been a Mary Katherine or Mary Elizabeth.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:20 PM, Cekrypton1 said:

All of Lucinda's "teaching" and "wisdom" sounds like the writers had the comic book version of intro to anthropology.

Now that would have been hilarious if her field work was done in Wakanda (the home of Black Panther from Marvel).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Funny, seeing as Kelly is "Michelle" in the (horrendous) 60's episode!

One of them should definitely be a Jenny.

22 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So here's another fun game: who should get which new name. I'm going

Branda = Heather

Kelly = Michelle

donna = Jessica

Andrea = Sarah (with an H that she would harp on constantly)

Brandon = Jason

Steve = Eric

David = David

Dylan = Ryan

I managed to click on the visual aids almost simultaneously with the EHG gang starting to talk about Donna's lost dog sign and I legit laughed until I cried. Oh my goodness, Donna. No way that the crew wasn't punking Spelling's spawn through most of this show's run. Too bad Tori, like Donna, was too dim to catch on.

• Love 1

Cable station POP, started playing BH90210, haven't watched in years. I believe it was this episode where Brenda and Stewart were driving to Palm Springs. They stopped in the desert to admire the view, Brenda went back to the Bronco (that's what it looked like) to get her sweater, not realizing Stewie Baby left the keys in the ignition, she locked the doors. He had a baby temper tantrum. They hitched a ride with an old farmer to the resort where Dad Stewart was staying. When they got a ride back to the Bronco, all of the tires were gone along with the doors. Stewart had a huge melt down, Brenda called Dylan to come save her.

Never thought about this back when it first aired...

Why did they not break a window to get into the vehicle instead of leaving it deserted in the desert.

Why would someone go through all of the trouble to remove doors, etc when they could have stolen the whole vehicle just by breaking a window. They showed the keys in the ignition in plain sight.

• Love 7
On 11/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, Earmuffs Mom said:

I seem to remember Stewart did not want to do it because it would damage the car.

Right he did say that. I guess it was a rhetorical question, lol. I was just thinking why leave a new vehicle alone in the desert instead of breaking a window...but that's rational thinking!