Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Fat Jokes

• Start Topic

Ah yes, Whitney and Todd are now competitive ballroom dancers. Love how she assured him "There's a good chance we'd place!" Unless she already knows TLC is rigging  the competition for her benefit, how on earth would she know that? She doesn't know who she's competing against. But I can assure her, she wouldn't be competing against a bunch of amateur beginners. Any legitimate ballroom dance competition would not permit "professional" dancers to compete in the amateur category. Very broadly, if you hold yourself out as a professional dancer to a community, or earn a certain amount of money for dance-related services, you are a professional for ballroom competition purposes. Given what we've seen of Whitney's ballroom skills, she and Todd would humiliate themselves dancing against ballroom professionals in any legitimately  judged competition.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, lallalla said:

The poster who said people take the path of least resistance with her (or likely, remove themselves from her life, I bet that happens frequently) I felt nailed this on the head. I know someone a lot like her, unfortunately, a family member, and everyone kowtows to her too. Ridic ridic ridic. SO tired of people like this in the world.

That path of least resistance they take with her is going to kick them in the ass soon and very soon. Glen and Babs are up in age. They are going to reap the hell of never saying no to Whitney when they have to roll her over and change her pee pads.  Since Whitney is a dancer she can offer them some assistance like Marla did and kick her leg up in a high split so Babs can was her ass.

I didn't put Lennie in there because he'll be long gone. He's there now and not even there.  This is not going to end well for any of them and TLC (and me) will be right there to watch her self destruct.

• Love 11
Just now, Ketzel said:

Ah yes, Whitney and Todd are now competitive ballroom dancers. Love how she assured him "There's a good chance we'd place!" Unless she already knows TLC is rigging  the competition for her benefit, how on earth would she know that? She doesn't know who she's competing against. But I can assure her, she wouldn't be competing against a bunch of amateur beginners. Any legitimate ballroom dance competition would not permit "professional" dancers to compete in the amateur category. Very broadly, if you hold yourself out as a professional dancer to a community, or earn a certain amount of money for dance-related services, you are a professional for ballroom competition purposes. Given what we've seen of Whitney's ballroom skills, she and Todd would humiliate themselves dancing against ballroom professionals in any legitimately  judged competition.

THIS!!! My daughter started taking ballroom dancing lessons in high school (she's in college now). Since it isn't popular with a younger crowd most of the people in her dance studio were older adults. A couple of them into their late 70s and early 80s. None were currently competitive although the two of the teachers had been in the past. Whitney can't even begin to dance like any of these people. They would mop the floor with her and they are social dancers more than twice her age. 

• Love 10

That makes sense that TLC stuck her in the gym trainings as a plot point because no one hires a trainer if they don't have goals of losing weight or inches. She didn't have any goals and was not trying. When she is ready she can go back to him, now is not the time.

The commedian is really getting dumped on on her facebook page, we should invite her to read here where there is support. But I do think VItneys message that don't treat people that don't have perfect bodies rudely is a good one.  People have struggles and have a right to be out in public without people judging them and staring at them. The problem is that Vitney is claiming being fat like this is fabulous and it isn't. I get her message but she is also saying you can be fit and fat and you cannot due to the heart doing way too much and the joints and muscles etc, our bodies are not meant to carry 200 extra pounds. Her message of don't judge people when you see them is a good one though. Her other message getting through is the wrong one, which was the commedian's point. You are telling people its okay to be like this but actually I think she was saying fat people have a right to walk down the street without everyone staring and laughing. 

• Love 14

Between the smoking, her troubles trying to shower, wearing non-breathable spandex, and the greasy looking hair I imagine she doesn't smell very good. I have overweight friends who are always well groomed - so it isn't just her weight. It's her laziness. Good thing Lenny smokes, too, or he'd actually have to smell her. Of course, he looks even stinkier. 

If she was truly comfortable with herself and happy, she would not have felt the need to stalk the comedian and confront her. Let it go, Vit. Why confront someone that you know is not going to change her mind? For attention! Right, Vitney? Yeah, yeah you were offered free tickets. You took the bait and ended up as a punchline. You do realize that you don't have to say yes to every offer, right? 

I hated that the first dance included her and her "for hire BF." It was Bab's and Glen's second wedding reception party. Let them have it. Even if they asked her to dance, Vit should have declined. Did her brother get up and dance the first dance too? Of course not. 

Also, I think they are using fake shots of the scale when they weigh her on the show. No way does she weigh almost the same as the first season. I believe that Vit insisted that the show NEVER show her actual weight on the show. We need to get one of those production assistants to tell us what she really weighs. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, admiralrodcocker said:

Damn, the editors are really going after Whitney this season aren't they? I feel like in the last two seasons they would have largely edited out her cake shoveling scenes, but this time they made a point to have her say she's not a cake lover, then precede to highlight to the audience just how much food she eats. 

She's really in denial. She blames PCOS for the majority of her weight gain and that it makes it hard for her to lose, yet she has lost 100 lbs in the past when she was disciplined, so not impossible, and she blatantly ignores the fact that she's morbidly obese because, well, she eats like a morbidly obese person. Thin people don't eat as much cake in one sitting as she did in that scene, and if they did, they wouldn't eat the rest of the day because they'd be in pain.

She also blames bullies, because they were so mean, they caused her to lock herself inside and only order pizza.

I am probably an awful human for highlighting that, because it hurts me to think of someone doing that themselves, let alone to think about what it must feel like to be bullied over weight, but she ALWAYS has an excuse, while admitting she's not self-aware when eating (obvious to anyone that watches her eat, she doesn't allow time to process what or how much she's consuming, she just goes as fast as she can!).  If it's not bullies, it's PCOS, but absolutely none of it is Twitney.  There's a comedian that highlighted his struggle with weight and food addiction, he allowed some true insight into what he consumed in a day, heck, in a sitting, getting him to where he was (Twit's weight, just a little taller).  He got real and got off his behind and tried to do something about it.  (Sadly, still died a couple years after his documentary).

The key word for Twitney is 'now' when it comes to how her weight isn't (allegedly) affecting her health negatively, because obesity is a slow, insidious disease that is like an old Louisiana funeral procession march to your own funeral.

Here's the documentary I refer to above, it's on Frank Payne. 15,000 calories or more PER DAY! He says he'd consume thousands in just a few minutes.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Yes, but wasn't Whitney proposing, in effect,  to make fitness and exercise her fulltime job? She claims she left her radio production job to pursue her dance  career. Professional dancers do spend all day exercising. They dance. They work out. They take classes. (And sad, but true, many of them smoke like chimneys as a pernicious form of weight control.)  If she seriously devoted herself to her "passion for dance" in a professional, committed way, she'd be living an entirely different lifestyle. But she's just a poseur, an excuse-making machine, not a dancer. 

Whitney's idea of a dance career was making youtube videos, promoting herself, and searching for a reality show.  Success on all counts.  Whitney had no interest in being a dance teacher or a real professional dancer.

• Love 6

I haven't looked at the comedian's Facebook page but I see posts here saying that Whitney supporters are slamming her. Poor Whitney is carrying the flag for victims of bullying everywhere! I have to admire the way TLC is playing the Whitney situation both ways. Whitney's supporters see her as their hero and are lapping up the superficial message the show claims to present. But those of us who watch for the snark value can also see evidence that the crew is not feeling the Whitney love -- unflattering camera angles, the fast-edited shoveling of the cake, the hair extension tape in last week's show, and so on. The joke is on Whitney and the show is in on the joke. But they still manage to pander to the Whitney fans, many of whom probably use her No BS campaign to justify self-destructive habits. Well played, TLC.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, operalover said:

The problem is that Vitney is claiming being fat like this is fabulous and it isn't. I get her message but she is also saying you can be fit and fat and you cannot due to the heart doing way too much and the joints and muscles etc, our bodies are not meant to carry 200 extra pounds. Her message of don't judge people when you see them is a good one though. Her other message getting through is the wrong one, which was the commedian's point. You are telling people its okay to be like this but actually I think she was saying fat people have a right to walk down the street without everyone staring and laughing. 

She said something to the comedienne last night about having to prove she's healthy because she's fat.  Problem is...she's NOT healthy, so her entire argument is invalid.  

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, seasons said:

So what about that silly ring of flowers in her hair at the party? Boho-chic? Nah. Attention seeking. Did Babs have a wristlet or corsage? Did Glenn have a boutonnière? Not that I saw. But the special snowflake had flowers. Blech.

BTW, why couldn't Babs and Glen have the first dance ALONE at their own party? It seemed so awkward to have Whitney in all of her dysfunction with Oscar the Grouch. Is dancing her domain and they couldn't do it without her? Please. 

Now she's a competitive ballroom dancer. As if. Man, did she steamroll her friend/dance partner (I forget his name). "So are you gonna do this for me?!?" Angry, impatient, how-dare-you-even-consider-not-doing-what-I-want face. Of course he will. 

THIS! ALL DAY!  I thought the exact same thing! But Bab's said the sweetest thing about it, so I guess she liked it and that's what matters.

Twit can't NOT be the center of attention, I'm surprised she didn't try to upstage the comedian during her segment at the nightclub. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MegD said:

But then again, I'm willing to bet that a whole lot of those 5 tiers ended up at Twit's house.

I just giggled out loud ? And then pictured 85% of the cake in its temporary home in the fridge! Tee hee.

The cupcakes are a very nice way to conduct a tasting. I just thought it was kind of silly for a birthday cake, but mostly I thought it was a producer driven scene to show Whitney's lack of control. The part that stood out to me was when she dug into the key lime flavor because her mom loves key lime. Oh I have to have that! And then some more.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I just giggled out loud ? And then pictured 85% of the cake in its temporary home in the fridge! Tee hee.

The cupcakes are a very nice way to conduct a tasting. I just thought it was kind of silly for a birthday cake, but mostly I thought it was a producer driven scene to show Whitney's lack of control. The part that stood out to me was when she dug into the key lime flavor because her mom loves key lime. Oh I have to have that! And then some more.

I would bet money the cake never made it to the fridge and the container it was in, was cleaner than when the cake was placed in it.  

• Love 5

I think the ballroom lessons, the ballroom competition flyer and the party were all fake. 

The comic stated what I have thought all along, that Whitney is essentially a meal ticket for her family and friends.    So fake Lennie HAD to participate and then go to the imo hastily set up party with an old cardboard wedding cake.   Barely any decoration, hardly any people and they probably used the craft services food for the dinner.

On a serious note, I hope that young women with weight problems know better than to believe Whitney and her bullshit.  Her message is truly deadly.

• Love 12

For Twit, any time someone says "no" to her, that's bullying.  Or if they tell her the truth about herself (ie: she's NOT healthy, she's surrounded by enablers, her life is NOT fabulous, she cries a lot for someone who supposedly is the happiest she's ever been), they're bullies.  Hopefully the comedienne realized the amount of hate posts she'd get before she agreed to take on this job.

Glenn and Babs asking Twit to share the first dance with them was done for 2 reasons, I think.  First of all, the show is about HER, not them, and they're hoping she earns enough money from it to keep her in comfort when combined with what they plan to leave her.  I hope Hunter doesn't plan on inheriting anything from them, as they probably think he can support himself but Twit can't.  Unfortunately at the rate she's going, I think Twit will die before either Glenn or Babs.  They also clearly think Twit is a special snowflake and deserves the attention that dancing with them would give her.

I, too, noticed the bare feet.  Twit - when you're too fat for shoes to feel comfortable, you're just plain too fat.

And that baseball cap on Lennie's head.  At a grown-up party.  When everyone else is dressed nicely.  I'd have slapped it off his head, if he were my boyfriend and it was my parents' party.

My only regret is that I'm going on vacation next week and will miss the epic meltdown of Twit when Will tells her she's fired as his client.  Y'all better post about it in excruciating detail.  I want teardrop counts and everything.   Yeah, Twit can snark about how Will wants photos of her meals before she eats them, but can't possibly find time to do that little thing.  She's not worth his time.  For any money.  I just hope TLC doesn't rig the dance competition.  And that there are a couple of other dancers in the competition with them, so she and Todd don't win by default.

As fast as Twit was shoveling that cake in, how did she even have time to taste it?

• Love 15

When I see Whit in a dress my eyes are always drawn to her legs. It looks so painful and I think I can't look away because those puppies are going to explode any minute. At least when she is in pants it is packed in oh so tight. 

• Love 4

I'm someone who doesn't particularly like cake, and if I was buying a 5 layer cake with 5 different flavors, I would just tell the baker to just pick their 5 favorites and call it a day. When you have that many flavors, chances are everyone is going to find one that they like, so you don't have to taste them all yourself. I mean, cake is cake...you're really not going to find one that tastes bad.

• Love 11

Whitney was even more insufferable than usual this episode. The cake tasting...you all nailed it. Not much more to add. She claims she doesn't like cupcakes because they're "too sweet," but she was INHALING those. Each cupcake is probably 300-400 calories and she must have had at least 3 by herself. 

I like Will as a trainer but he made a massive error by telling Whitney to text her pics of food "three times a day." I've had clients keep food diaries and I am extremely specific that if it goes into your mouth, liquid or solid, you write it down. Otherwise it is useless. The best clients take it seriously and write down every bite/sip. As a trainer, you won't nitpick someone's choices (unless they're doing a bodybuilding competition or something), you'll just get a general sense of how much they eat and when. TBH though I think Will is banging his head against a brick wall here. Whitney has not expressed much interest in losing weight so Will shouldn't expect her to be "trying" whatsoever. Most people hire trainers to accomplish goals but Whitney is just NOT that client. She just wants footage of herself working out so she can say "see, I'm so healthy" and then drink Frappuccinos and eat fifteen cupcakes.

I like Kerrin. I think she is very honest about her own failings and expects the same from others. Sadly, this is not how many humans work, particularly Whitney Thore. This is one of many reasons Whitney should do Overeaters Anonymous, where (like all 12-step programs) you are encouraged to take a fearless inventory of yourself. As Dr. Phil says, you can't change what you don't acknowledge. When Whitney was yelling "why do you care [if someone is fat]" at Kerrin I just shook my head. Why does WHITNEY care about other people's opinions so much? People can judge you all they want, but it has no power over you unless you choose to let it. For all Whitney's talk about not caring about "haters," she sure does cry and complain about them a lot. This episode really drove that home. Her message is all over the place, she is extremely hypocritical, and she is in fact a bully in denial.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney was even more insufferable than usual this episode. The cake tasting...you all nailed it. Not much more to add. She claims she doesn't like cupcakes because they're "too sweet," but she was INHALING those. Each cupcake is probably 300-400 calories and she must have had at least 3 by herself. 

I like Will as a trainer but he made a massive error by telling Whitney to text her pics of food "three times a day." I've had clients keep food diaries and I am extremely specific that if it goes into your mouth, liquid or solid, you write it down. Otherwise it is useless. The best clients take it seriously and write down every bite/sip. As a trainer, you won't nitpick someone's choices (unless they're doing a bodybuilding competition or something), you'll just get a general sense of how much they eat and when. TBH though I think Will is banging his head against a brick wall here. Whitney has not expressed much interest in losing weight so Will shouldn't expect her to be "trying" whatsoever. Most people hire trainers to accomplish goals but Whitney is just NOT that client. She just wants footage of herself working out so she can say "see, I'm so healthy" and then drink Frappuccinos and eat fifteen cupcakes.

I like Kerrin. I think she is very honest about her own failings and expects the same from others. Sadly, this is not how many humans work, particularly Whitney Thore. This is one of many reasons Whitney should do Overeaters Anonymous, where (like all 12-step programs) you are encouraged to take a fearless inventory of yourself. As Dr. Phil says, you can't change what you don't acknowledge. When Whitney was yelling "why do you care [if someone is fat]" at Kerrin I just shook my head. Why does WHITNEY care about other people's opinions so much? People can judge you all they want, but it has no power over you unless you choose to let it. For all Whitney's talk about not caring about "haters," she sure does cry and complain about them a lot. This episode really drove that home. Her message is all over the place, she is extremely hypocritical, and she is in fact a bully in denial.

Kerrie, and the rest of us, get to care that she's fat because she has chosen to go public with the message that being extremely overweight really isn't a problem and that all the concern around it is just fat shaming. That kind of message should concern anyone. Lots of people on this forum have said they are overweight, including myself. But no one is saying gee, I pass out, I can't wear shoes, I have a list of health issues but it's not a problem because calling health issues a weight related problem is bullying. 

She is leading a cause to enable other people who want an excuse pretend there is no such thing as unhealthily fat. That is a dangerous message. 

• Love 17
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

You got it, clarewalks! Whit needs to focus on herself and her goals instead of other people's opinions in therapy. You would also think,  like a poster above inferred,  that Whit would put together a coherent statement that addresses clearly  the charges that she's giving overweight folks a pass to stay that way,  rather than at least try to eat healthy and exercise, as best they can in their own given personal circumstances. 

But that's her platform. ..her bread and butter (and cake,  pasta, and smokes), if you will, with no body shame--leave overweight people  alone and just support them ( just as her enablers do for her).  People get criticized and bullied for many things and it is hurtful.  You tell them,  Fuck You, aloud or in your head,  , and go on your way.  Kids need instruction in doing this as well as interventions for asshole bullies. It's them,  not you.  Too bad her parents weren't able to buy that for her. 

Whit uses PCOS as an excuse for overeating,  and is a bad rep for all overweight people.

If I was an 18 year old diagnosed with PCOS as the comedienne said, I would be horrified that Whit was my future and do everything I could to prevent that outcome. Whit is a deterrent, that's all.

IMHO,  Whit's going to be walker/ wheel-chair bound within the next 5 years if she doesn't change her eating habits.  Exercise ain't gonna do it all. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11
58 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I think the ballroom lessons, the ballroom competition flyer and the party were all fake. 

I think they are her audition tapes for Dancing with the Stars, myself.

• Love 13

On a serious note, I hope that young women with weight problems know better than to believe Whitney and her bullshit.  Her message is truly deadly.

That's the sad thing about all of this Cheerio.  I have a friend who's teenage daughter is morbidly obese (5'2" 300 lbs.).  Her daughter follows Whitney religiously, often posts Whitney's messages with regards to BS on her Facebook page.  I'm not sure that Whitney understands (she probably doesn't care) the mixed message she is sending to her true followers of the no BS movement.  Instead she projects -"Look at me, I'm FAT and I have a fun, fabulous life" - you can too..   She takes no responsibility for her actions and if someone calls her on this, she deflects, either by becoming angry or dissolving into tears. 

I'm not surprised that Will sends her packing in the next episode.  Whitney has no respect for him, his genuine desire to help her or his time.  It's ironic,  Twit says every time she's eating something "bad" she mentions that Will wouldn't want to see her eating this.  She knows, at least on a subconscious level, that what she is eating is bad, but for whatever reason she can't control it.  It totally goes over her head that if she had taken pictures and showed them to Will, that instead of disappointing him it could have given him some insight as to why/what triggered her eating. But no, that's what accountable person would do.  Whitney is not accountable.     From a business perspective the hour that Whitney doesn't show up for her appointment is an hour he's not making any money; he could have scheduled a client that wanted to come in and train.  I certainly hope that TLC is paying for her missed appointments.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, zoemom said:

That's the sad thing about all of this Cheerio.  I have a friend who's teenage daughter is morbidly obese (5'2" 300 lbs.).  Her daughter follows Whitney religiously, often posts Whitney's messages with regards to BS on her Facebook page.  I'm not sure that Whitney understands (she probably doesn't care) the mixed message she is sending to her true followers of the no BS movement.  Instead she projects -"Look at me, I'm FAT and I have a fun, fabulous life" - you can too..   She takes no responsibility for her actions and if someone calls her on this, she deflects, either by becoming angry or dissolving into tears. 

I'm not surprised that Will sends her packing in the next episode.  Whitney has no respect for him, his genuine desire to help her or his time.  It's ironic,  Twit says every time she's eating something "bad" she mentions that Will wouldn't want to see her eating this.  She knows, at least on a subconscious level, that what she is eating is bad, but for whatever reason she can't control it.  It totally goes over her head that if she had taken pictures and showed them to Will, that instead of disappointing him it could have given him some insight as to why/what triggered her eating. But no, that's what accountable person would do.  Whitney is not accountable.     From a business perspective the hour that Whitney doesn't show up for her appointment is an hour he's not making any money; he could have scheduled a client that wanted to come in and train.  I certainly hope that TLC is paying for her missed appointments.

I hope your friend helps her daughter understand how dangerous a message it is.   I would start by banning Facebook, all TLC shows and taking her to a medical rehab to see the results of being so overweight.

Whitney cannot even wear shoes anymore, why would this teenager find that inspiring?  I hope this young girl gets the help she needs. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I'm calling for us all to write/email/ tweet ABC. Let's get Whitney on Dancing With the Stars. The snark would be amazing!

The only pro I hate enough to saddle him with Whitney is Derek Hough. But yeah, I too was baffled by how terrible she was at learning the waltz. I guess if there is no twerking involved, her hands are tied.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I'm calling for us all to write/email/ tweet ABC. Let's get Whitney on Dancing With the Stars. The snark would be amazing!

She would be forced to showcase her dancing skills and she would probably lose a good bit of weight.

• Love 7

And....after all that bruhaha over the cake testing...did they even get a cake from that place? I didn't see a cake anywhere at the party. Did I miss it? I saw mashed potatoes and roast beef.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

And....after all that bruhaha over the cake testing...did they even get a cake from that place? I didn't see a cake anywhere at the party. Did I miss it? I saw mashed potatoes and roast beef.

Yes, they got a 5-tiered cake with white frosting/fondant.  Enough for the entire 50 people that attended, plus Twit & her leftovers. 

Edited by lallalla
not meaning to be too mean
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I saw a tiered cake that looked like a cardboard fake wedding cake on a table. I don't think they showed it being cut or served.

33 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Whitney's smoker's wheeze makes me cringe. 

So next week she gets humped by a pig. Wow, TLC. 

Ok, this post wins it for me !    LOL       

• Love 6
(edited)

How BIG are those bites??!!! They look like enough to have a "taste" 4x over!  

Add in all of the cake she ate at the reception, plus, the Mount Saint Crumpet of mashed potatoes that was shown on her plate for the "special occasion" and she probably could have consumed enough calories to gain 4 pounds there alone (let alone what she likely took home in cake and taters, how long did THAT last?).

So does Whitney have a condishun, on top of her PCOS, or is she an addict? Or not an addict to food because that would mean obese people eat too much, and in Twitlandia, that's just not how it is?  Either way you slice it, she's a hapless victim and anyone that says 'no' to her or dares to question her is a fat shaming bully, and if you're thin, you're also a 'skinny bitch', to boot.

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I'd hate to see her eating something she likes!

Apparently, Whitney smokes a pack a day, as well.  So add  that to her morbidity list.

Seeing how she eats the cake (and even to a lesser degree the birthday dinner) and even the times she is sitting in her car eating - she reminded me of My 600 lb Life. To me that shoveling and just GET IN MY MOUTH NOW mentality is so indicative of a binge eating disorder. No wonder why she is hungry, your stomach never gets a chance to tell your brain HEY I AM FULL! It takes supposedly around 15 minutes for that to register.

Interestingly, I failed to see my own fatlogic for YEARS until one day something clicked while I was watching My 600 Lb Life. I saw how grotesque (there is really no other word) those people were when they were eating. It was almost as if they were eating on a conveyor belt - a constant circle of food in the gullet and more on the fork before they had even chewed the mouthful that they already had. I realized shockingly I did that too. I CONSUMED my food with a viciousness that I had never realized. Now my heaviest I was 288 lbs and I thought I was constantly eating at that weight. I can't fathom how much someone that is 350+ is eating. 

I realized that when I was eating out with friends, I could NEVER finish my meal it was because I spent so much more time socializing and talking to where my belly could tell me I was full. Seeing it so exaggerated on shows like My 600 Lb Life made me really examine myself. I couldn't hear it from other people. I had to REALIZE it. 

Now, I adhere to very strict portions. I force myself to put my spoon down after each bite and to just chew and swallow before quickly shoving more in my mouth. Now I get full. I don't binge any longer.

I *get* where Whitney is at. She doesn't want to acknowledge that her being close to 400 lbs is REALLY HER. You can try to pretend all day long it is PCOS or whatever else, but the reality is that PCOS and even hypothyroidism is NOT going to pack on well over 200 lbs of excess weight. I wish she would see the light. I was there for a few years. My PCOS was my excuse as to why I just couldn't lose weight when in reality my behavior was so much more the problem.

• Love 23
(edited)

On a lighter note, did anyone notice that Lennie was wearing a nametag that said "Buddy Bell" at the birthday party?  I couldn't quite make out the one Buddy was wearing, but based on the length, it probably said "Lennie Alehat."  Weh?

Also: Tal and his cute boyfriend <3  Tal is my favorite.

Edited by Lovecat
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, lallalla said:

How BIG are those bites??!!! They look like enough to have a "taste" 4x over!  

And if asked, she'd probably claim she only had a "small bite" of each flavor--much like an alcoholic will claim they only had a couple of beers when they were pounding back shots all night.  

So, just in last night's episode, the cake tasting was a 'once in a lifetime' thing, the party was a 'special occasion, and her pounding grapes was 'stress eating' because the 'skinny bitch' comedienne hurt her feelings.  In other words, an excuse for everything.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Is this what you guys mean by "zoning out" while eating?

IpJLGkC.jpg

1. open wider

2. french kissing the cake 

3. oops, I forgot my gum

4. yum, frosting tsunami

5.&6. red velvet, blue velvet, who the hell cares

7. gotta eat it all before he does

8. look, my mouth is twice the size of the piece of cake.   See, Will I am stretching !

9. Exorcist Eyes

10. I'm getting sick, but I am still FABULOUS 

11.  I AM gonna eat the paper too !

12. Much better than (fake) sex with Lennie

13. Hey! You skinny bitch I told you to bring me water !

14. Bring more cake too, in fact wrap up everything to go.  Uh, do you have a drive-thru?

15. DANGER ! DANGER!  Sinkhole !!

• Love 9

Y'all, we're starting to veer over the line between shaming Whitney for being a terrible person and fat-shaming.  'Tis a delicate balancing act, but please try to walk the line.  Thanks.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I hope your friend helps her daughter understand how dangerous a message it is.   I would start by banning Facebook, all TLC shows and taking her to a medical rehab to see the results of being so overweight.

Whitney cannot even wear shoes anymore, why would this teenager find that inspiring?  I hope this young girl gets the help she needs. 

Whitney appears to have an eating disorder (as does Jules on RHONYC) and perhaps your friend's daughter at 300lbs. And needs intervention.    I can't help but be a bit disappointed by some of the comments, they totally support Whit's point....words like lazy, smelly, dirty.....I feel sorry for her because she needs treatment 

We do have fear and loathing of the obese in America. Parents have been polled and would rather have an anorexic child than a morbidly obese one knowing that there is a higher incidence of death.  But back to Whitney, this will not end well.

• Love 8

In addition to probably having binge eating disorder, does anyone else think that maybe Whitney has some type of personality disorder? I admit that I'm not really familiar with them, but just the overall way she behaves, seems like she hasn't emotionally left the teen years. It must be exhausting for anyone that is her friend or in a relationship with her, and I can see why her parents never told her no while growing up. It was probably just to avoid her tantrums.

I really like Will the trainer, he's the one person who has called her out and she can't deal with it at all. Wish I could afford to have someone like him train me.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

1. open wider

2. french kissing the cake 

3. oops, I forgot my gum

4. yum, frosting tsunami

5.&6. red velvet, blue velvet, who the hell cares

7. gotta eat it all before he does

8. look, my mouth is twice the size of the piece of cake.   See, Will I am stretching !

9. Exorcist Eyes

10. I'm getting sick, but I am still FABULOUS 

11.  I AM gonna eat the paper too !

12. Much better than (fake) sex with Lennie

13. Hey! You skinny bitch I told you to bring me water !

14. Bring more cake too, in fact wrap up everything to go.  Uh, do you have a drive-thru?

15. DANGER ! DANGER!  Sinkhole !!

Don't forget to extend that tongue so a morsel of cake doesn't drop to the floor!!

• Love 6

Clarewalks: why do you think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food? I understand a food journal is a better tool for someone who is serious about losing weight/eating healthy, but I thought this was a good idea. I think it is a good idea because it only takes 2 seconds and if you eat something healthy 3 times a day it shows you are on the right track. I think he essentially wanted an idea of how she was working on her food intake and making better choices. Even if one of the meals was not completely healthy, she could have shown through these phone photos how she substituted something for something worse, or how she added green vegetables- you know it would have shown if she was making an attempt! But the fact that she didn't send him anything means that not even ONCE a day did she eat anything healthy or worth taking a photo of. 

• Love 6
Just now, CarolMK said:

In addition to probably having binge eating disorder, does anyone else think that maybe Whitney has some type of personality disorder? I admit that I'm not really familiar with them, but just the overall way she behaves, seems like she hasn't emotionally left the teen years. It must be exhausting for anyone that is her friend or in a relationship with her, and I can see why her parents never told her no while growing up. It was probably just to avoid her tantrums.

I really like Will the trainer, he's the one person who has called her out and she can't deal with it at all. Wish I could afford to have someone like him train me.

It's like the chicken and the egg conundrum. Is Whitney a terrible person because her parents always gave her what she wanted, or was she already a terrible person and her parents enabling her made her even worse? I think it's pretty rare for a three-year-old to be such an awful monster that her own mother and father give in to her out of fear of what she's going to do or how she's going to react. She's the baby of the family, so maybe that explains why Babs and Glenn always gave in. Whatever the reason, it's clearly done Whit no good over the years if this is how she presents herself at 32-years-old. She's only seven or eight years older than me and I'm appalled at how immature she acts. This kind of behavior would be unacceptable at ten or eleven. It's certainly long overdue for somebody in her early thirties.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CarolMK said:

I have been thinking about this and I really do think this is the crux of the problem. I would love to know what she was like, personality wise, when she was thin. Right now her exhausting personality focuses on the weight but I bet she was just as narcissistic and spoiled when she was thin. 

• Love 5

I'm not Clarewalks, but *I* think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food because he should have said "send me a photo of everything you consume all day including beverages." Whitney is going to stick to the letter of the law and only send 3 pics she thinks make her look like she is making good food choices. She will NOT include pictures of the cake tasting cakes, the whipped cream topped coffees, the stress snacks, the meals eaten in her car, things eaten out of the container while standing in her kitchen, etc.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoemom said:

Your first paragraph isn't a surprise, but it's also frightening. I've peeked at enough TLC show Facebook pages over the years to know there's always a group of true believers who will buy whatever they're selling.

Whitney is an adult, free to make whatever life choices she wants, define "fabulous" however she wants, and live with the consequences. We're also adults who are free to critique her choices however we see fit. That's a cost of putting your life out there for the world to see. (Deal with it, dear.)

But for those who don't know any better, or who want affirmation of their own choices, this is potentially pretty dangerous. That's part of TLC's culpability, in my book, and a responsibility Whitney should accept but never will.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I'm not Clarewalks, but *I* think it was a mistake for Will to ask Vit to send a photo 3 times a day of her food because he should have said "send me a photo of everything you consume all day including beverages." Whitney is going to stick to the letter of the law and only send 3 pics she thinks make her look like she is making good food choices. She will NOT include pictures of the cake tasting cakes, the whipped cream topped coffees, the stress snacks, the meals eaten in her car, things eaten out of the container while standing in her kitchen, etc.  

I think he realized it was a mistake when Whitney sent him that photo of the salmon, then admitted she barely ate it and had no intentions of eating it, and did that stupid guffaw like it's the funniest thing ever. Then, when she was at the birthday party, she straight-up admitted she wasn't going to send a photo of her dinner to Will because she knew he wouldn't like that she was eating such an unhealthy meal. It's really easy to cheat when you only have to send three photos of your meals; it obviously gives Whit an advantage because she doesn't have to admit she's choosing to eat so badly. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to catch up to her, since next week it looks like Will is going to cut her loose as a client.

• Love 6