Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: A Very Hairy Christmas

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Really, is that any better? You don't talk to your kid that way.   He definitely said fat ass. 

I think Gia was the one who referenced Milania as a fat ass (because Miliana was still in bed when Tre was about 30 mins. away from home) and was too tired to get up.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

See this is what I kept hearing from Tre.  My question was how exactly did they accomplish it?  (If they did).  I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass girl lol, I watched all the seasons, I just really don't remember the active thing(s) Melissa did.   By the by I don't think being quiet counts because if my family does something fucked up, and somebody says so in my presence, that silence = yeah knowing my tribe you're probably right but I'm not here to cosign. 

7 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Keeping in mind that Fame Whorgas was a very, very pro Teresa site, this is a link to Teresa's side of the issues she had with both the Gorgas and Wakiles joining the show.

https://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/teresa-giudice-explains-how-the-gorgas-joined-the-show-plus-radio-interview/#more-5092

(edited)
9 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Don't buy that the show was behind her paying cash.  It doesn't make sense for the production to get involved in such a thing  

Sorry but I would say it is not a good business practice. There is no paper trail with cash. When things go wrong, and they often do, you don't have the same recourse as you do charging something (paying it off without fees or interest).  

But business practice for who (sorry, I got confused by that part--it's early and this office coffee tastes like ass)--the sellers or the Giudices? We're already aware that the latter are not known for their solid business practices, and lots of merchants are fine with cash sales, which are actually sometimes even slightly cheaper; I got a decent sum knocked off my bed frame and mattress because of cash (and thank god; bed shopping is so boring that I probably would have paid anything just so I could be done and get out of that store).

Obviously, I am just a casual watcher of TV and I don't pretend to know for a fact why we were shown big fat handfuls of cash; I'm just saying I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bravo wanted to make a big old "glamorous" point by zooming in on that--opinions vary, and that's clearly only mine. Plus, one does--or at least should--get the same kind of receipts/proof no matter how you pay for something; for my car's down payment, I didn't just toss over a dollar-sign-printed burlap sack of $4,000 and drive off (though I wish! Car shopping: also boring as hell). But at least those (furniture?) sellers on the show had money in hand after that scene; oooh, they were probably relieved for that, considering who the buyers were!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

I haven't liked/enjoyed Teresa for some time. I didn't watch Season 6 and skipped the "Teresa Checks In" specials. I started watching this season out of curiosity. Even on a franchise where people aren't usually that self-aware, Teresa has struck me as being one of the least self-aware HWs out there. I wondered if she'd come back from prison a changed person, with a better sense of what's important in life. While she certainly was less screechy, and more calm, there were still flashes of the old Tre, like her having to mention to Jacqueline that she had 36 people at her party. And it's a certain brand of stubbornness that can make it through a year of jail and come out still holding a grudge about a child's christening that happened 5 years earlier.

I'll continue watching, though. I did enjoy seeing Teresa with her daughters, especially the lovable Audriana. (Is Milania too young for eyebrow waxing, or is that the norm these days??) And I like Dolores, I think she's a good addition. I like her talking heads that "translate" Teresa's behavior for the rest of us. I just hope this season isn't another tired retread of Gorga-Giudice-Wakile family feuds.

One thing that really bugs me about Joe Gorga, is he prattles on and on about wanting his wife home like old school. 

I wonder how much of this has to do with the new relationship Joe Gorga developed with his dad in Teresa's absence. It seems like the parents now drop in at Casa Gorga unannounced, and if Melissa's not home to receive them, well...maybe that would derail the new closeness. I don't know. I'm sure Joe also doesn't want his dad to think that his wife HAS to work and that he's not doing well enough to support her. I think Joe Go is all about getting his dad's approval. Now that Teresa's back, he probably feels on shaky ground again. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd be willing to bet that the paying in cash was a device of the show. Was it a good idea to agree to if you're previously involved in dirty dealings? No, probably not, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a Bravo suggestion to bolster the theme of the show. And, while I am no criminal or filing bankruptcy, I can pay for big things in cash too; I did with the down payment on my car, and that in and of itself is not proof of shadiness. 

I don't recall any other RH castmember running around paying thousands of dollars for anything in cash but I could have missed something. Also, if I remember correctly didn't Theresa whip out like 100K IN CASH to pay for some funiture? Sure people can sometimes pay for stuff in cash but a downpayment for a car isn't 100K...

• Love 2
15 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think you have to read the trash talking Melissa did before she got on the show to understand. She had a lot of vitriol toward Teresa for some reason and made flat out threats that she'd make her look bad. These were posts to blogs that Melissa made when the show started. I don't have any links because it's all ancient history, but I remember going back to them after Melissa got on and it was easy to ID her as the poster due to the "insider" info she had. And yes, I'm sure Teresa would have resented Melissa getting on and making money even if there hadn't been threats of "bringing her down". I wonder if Teresa's comments about how she'd never have been prosecuted if she hadn't been on TV go back to this and that's why she can't forgive Melissa.

So all Teresa had to do was be nice.  According to Andy she went apeshit over her family coming on. They hadn't filmed a single scene.  You can't take a person down if they don't give you the ammunition.

Teresa has never changed from being a greedy self absorbed person.  I see more prison in the future for her because she is basically dishonest and her latest stunt of refusing to turn over documents. . . just more of the same.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Tre and Joe have been dodging financial responsibility for years.  And we never got to see the house on the show that Tre and her family lived in while the stucco box was being built during the first season.  The reason was quite clear after seeing pictures of it.  Tre was paying in cash that first season because their credit was going downhill fast.  They weren't paying their credit cards.  The proof is in the bankruptcy filing.  They lied to get mortgages on their 'investment' properties.  Bottom line is that they were fake and they always were fake.  What saved them, and what continues to save them financially is the money that Tre has made as a result of being on the show.  Tre would sell her soul to the devil to maintain 'her' lifestyle.  

Joe is thief, a liar, a felon and low class player.   So is his wife.  I have no empathy for either one nor do I find them likable in any sense of the word.  They're still living their entitled lifestyle after ripping people off to support that lifestyle.  Just a reminder, when you don't pay the bank, the bank makes up what they have lost on the rest of their customers.

On another note, I'm pretty sure that the NYE party at Jac's was a fake production set up for the Tre phone call and to have a visit by Rosie and Kathy.  You don't spend three hours hanging out in the kitchen.  My feeling is that it was a short period of time (editing comes into play) and then they did their celebrating, probably at the Brownstone where filming, per Caroline, would not be permitted.  

Jac doesn't care about Tre and Tre doesn't care about Jac.  However, both of them need a paycheck so they agreed to these all of a  sudden  interactions after three years for the show.  They're doing what they 'have' to do.  And no doubt drama is to follow because that's what they're being paid for.

I do hope we do get to see Kathy's new home.  And I've always liked her mom.  The story of her childhood was so heart breaking and she always seemed like a good person. 

Now this is what I truly believe is the case.

• Love 4

I don't recall any other RH castmember running around paying thousands of dollars for anything in cash but I could have missed something. Also, if I remember correctly didn't Theresa whip out like 100K IN CASH to pay for some funiture? Sure people can sometimes pay for stuff in cash but a downpayment for a car isn't 100K...

Oh my goodness, no, it is certainly not (and never likely will be in my life--I don't even think everything I own, minus the condo itself, amounts to that much dough). I just mean that I found it pretty theatrical and excessive, two things that, IMO, characterize the whole show, especially in season one. I also don't recall any others showing the money like that, but I only watch this one and Beverly Hills--and on the latter they do seem to like to flat-out mention the cost of things, which also seems like Bravo influence to me. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd be willing to bet that the paying in cash was a device of the show. Was it a good idea to agree to if you're previously involved in dirty dealings? No, probably not, but I wouldn't doubt that it was a Bravo suggestion to bolster the theme of the show. And, while I am no criminal or filing bankruptcy, I can pay for big things in cash too; I did with the down payment on my car, and that in and of itself is not proof of shadiness. 

It is irritating that anyone thinks anybody but Joe and Teresa are responsible for their BK fraud and mortgage fraud.  It is as if the US Attorney's (Trustee) doesn't review filings.  The big clue were the four amendment BK filings.  All of those things occurred before Melissa and Joe were on the show.  When a person submits fake IRS filings a first year clerk is going to pick up on the fact they never filed taxes.  If you are not filing taxes you are not legally qualifying for loans.    Teresa and Joe's the Trustee's Objection to Discharge was filed before the season Joe, Melissa, Kathy and Richie came on the show.  So let's be clear her issues were ones of duplicity for a period of 10 years before they were indicted.

Cash payments aren't evidence of criminal wrong doing, failure to account for the cash (during a BK proceeding) and pay taxes on the same are criminal. 

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The Gorga parents - Sorry, but these people are fucked up in the way that they deal with their children.  I think these two are the root of most of the problems between J/J/T/M.  Hearing the bizarre story about Kathy and Rosie's mother - that the aunt's child died, so one day their mother came home from school, was cleaned up pretty, then given to the aunt in consolation of her own child's death.  BIZARRE.  And then T's dad decided to hate this woman ...... the man terrifies me.  I remember him railing at Melissa in barely intelligible English (I'm sure he hates her for not being Italian enough, and not speaking the mother tongue) for not sitting at home 24/7 waiting for him to drop by unannounced and uninvited.  Having said that, I'm glad he didn't die while Teresa was in prison.  It was probably also a blessing that Joe's father died before he went in.  Sounds like I'm talking about a Mafia family, doesn't it?

***Anyone notice that after trying so hard to push the pronunciation as Jew-deech-ay, they've gone back to Jew-dice?  And can we cut out their attorney?  He's more annoying to me than even the saggy-breasted handler that Aviva dragged around with her.

I read somewhere that Joe set up his parents in a nice house and then needed money and sold it out from under them. 

http://allthingsrh.com/joe-gorga-accused-financially-betraying-father/

You can read snippets of Tre's book in Yahoo (totes non-productive work day yesterday) and she says that they used the Italian pronunciation to make Joe G's dad happy, but now they've decided to go back to the Americanized version.

Edited by teapot
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have never understood the resentment over Tre's family getting on the show.  The show was started with two sisters and a SIL, so wouldn't a normal person want their family as part of the line up?  I always felt Tre resented her family making money in her arena.   her behavior over the years towards her family spoke volumes.  I guess there was no real rehabilitation in the prison for her.  Girl can hold a grudge.

One thing that really bugs me about Joe Gorga, is he prattles on and on about wanting his wife home like old school.  His mother worked outside the home driving a school bus to put food on the table for Teresa and his dumbass.  So I don't know why he is acting as if women working outside the home is some novel idea.  Melissa has been the primary bread winner now for about five years.

All this.   I really think she thought how dare they come on to "her" show, using it for their come up.  Now about that, I have to agree with her.  But this idea that Melissa and Kathy conspired to bring her down?  C'mon now.

18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sort of surprised that I missed the NJ housewives, and here's my impressions:

Teresa:  I've been up and down with Teresa, and I now just take her as is.  She's never going to admit to her part in the fraud, but she's paid her dues, and I'm over it.  I don't need her to comp to her complicity.  It's never going to happen, and it's a fool's errand to expect it to.  I do enjoy watching her with her girls, and how affectionate she is with them.  I like that she accepts Gabriella's discomfort with the cameras and slightly more stand offish personality.  I loved that she cupped Gabriella's face in her hand, and it reminded me of watching her do the same a few seasons ago.  I accept her selling of the first pics and the exclusivity of People, etc.  But she's an imbecile for speaking of it on camera.  She used to be smarter about her "brand".

Joe:  I've never hated the guy, and there have been times that I've actually liked him.  If he chooses to take the fall for Teresa's part - whatever.  Maybe it's his way of making up for the cheating.  It did seem to bring them closer.  I remember when he acted like he couldn't stand her, and she dragged him off into the grape vines to force a sexual encounter.  Before she went to prison he seemed broken and loving toward her.  I don't like how he talks to his kids sometimes, but he is who he is.  I kind of agree with Caroline that Joe would have been happy to live a simple life.

The Gorga parents - Sorry, but these people are fucked up in the way that they deal with their children.  I think these two are the root of most of the problems between J/J/T/M.  Hearing the bizarre story about Kathy and Rosie's mother - that the aunt's child died, so one day their mother came home from school, was cleaned up pretty, then given to the aunt in consolation of her own child's death.  BIZARRE.  And then T's dad decided to hate this woman ...... the man terrifies me.  I remember him railing at Melissa in barely intelligible English (I'm sure he hates her for not being Italian enough, and not speaking the mother tongue) for not sitting at home 24/7 waiting for him to drop by unannounced and uninvited.  Having said that, I'm glad he didn't die while Teresa was in prison.  It was probably also a blessing that Joe's father died before he went in.  Sounds like I'm talking about a Mafia family, doesn't it?

Melissa/Joey - They don't bother me (other than the horny Joey skits).  I'm fascinated by the genuine anguish I see between Joey/Teresa, and Joey with his father.  I do believe that Teresa is responsible for alienating the senior Gorgas from Joey's family.  And I really think Teresa had some sort of dysfunctional jealousy of Melissa, and her relationship with Joey.  I also think T expected Melissa and she would be closer than sisters, and Melissa didn't feel the same since she had her real sisters she was close to.  This doesn't excuse the senior Gorga's responsibility for allowing themselves to be alienated.  They chose their son-in-law over their own son.  I don't blame M/J for sticking to the script of T's innocence.  They know the drill.  If they don't bow to T's wishes, she will cut them out again - and take the parents with her.  What confuses me is Teresa's closeness with Joe's side of the family.  Why is it okay for her to be close to each side, but Melissa is expected to prioritize the Gorga's over her own family?

Jacqueline - I don't hate her.  I think she's genuinely an emotional mess.  I never blamed her for her relationship with Ashley.  I think they had a pretty common dysfunctional relationship of a woman having a daughter at such a young age.  Looks like things are better now.  I'm not comfortable with Nicholas and the cameras, but then I'm not comfortable with any of the children on reality shows.  It doesn't really bother me that she cries every time she mentions Nick.  She's clearly not accepted what his true prognosis may be.  She's enabled by Chris, and possibly the rest of the Lauritas.  I also don't have a big problem with how conflicted she is about Teresa, and I find it genuine.  I have a cousin who truly mind fucked me for years.  I haven't seen her in ten years and I probably still talk about her at least once a week.  I love her and I hate her.  I want the best for her and then I want to see her struggle.  It's a mess and I shouldn't let myself be manipulated, but it's easier said than done.  I don't care about the origin of her marriage to Chris, and it disgusts me that Chris always dodges the bullet of blame.

Delores/Dolores - Not much opinion so far, other than agreeing she has to be related to Dina.  Same lips, teeth, boobs, eyes.  I hope she has the better personality.  I've never been a Dina fan.  Stealth, thy name is Dina.

Siggy - No opinion other than I thought Siggy was a German name.  A very German name.

My last thought:  I so hope this thread doesn't go the way of the BH and NY threads.  I understand venting, but how many times can a woman be mocked for her addiction, looks, etc.  It drove me from the BH threads, is about to drive me from the NY threads, and I'm certainly not going to be coming here for the (understandable to a degree) 24/7 vitriol against the Giudices, and the arguments that the Lauritas and Gorgas are just as guilty.

***Anyone notice that after trying so hard to push the pronunciation as Jew-deech-ay, they've gone back to Jew-dice?  And can we cut out their attorney?  He's more annoying to me than even the saggy-breasted handler that Aviva dragged around with her.

I'm embarrassed.  There really are entire patches of this show I cannot remember.  At all.  So, um, what?  Is this a reference to the history between Kathy/Rosie's mother and Tree/Joe's father?  Why don't they talk?

Right here.  I think it goes much deeper than this though.  Like Teresa expected a dynamic with many families from any culture, where there's an only or a queen bee sister.  Their brother finds a wife and the sister kind of expects her to kiss the ring or curtsy or something for the *privilege* of marrying into their family.   Melissa strikes me as the type to have told her to pound sand, it's never gonna happen and Teresa never forgave her for it.   Now the girl's life is dedicated to making her husband happy and by all accounts, she's good at it, and Teresa doesn't get to call her a prostitution whore.  Here's my thing, why isn't it reciprocal?  If Melissa's chief crime is the not defense of her sister in law when she gets the chance, where was Teresa's opposition to the rumor that random mofo started claiming Melissa "danced" at his bar?   I'm sorry unattributed sources in blogs and staying quiet in conversations does not a traitor make.  

As far as their weirdo parents go, it's clear they favor Teresa, I just don't get why Joe is beat about it.  So what?

14 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

He died I believe shortly before or after sentencing? Had a fatal heart attack in front of the chicken coop. God bless....

These people really are the Corleones.  You know if the Corleones only had Fredo and/or Sonny.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, archer1267 said:

(Is Milania too young for eyebrow waxing, or is that the norm these days??)

I really HOPE it's not the norm for 10-year-olds to wax their eyebrows. At least she didn't start as early as Farrah Abraham's daughter, though. 

2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

As far as their weirdo parents go, it's clear they favor Teresa, I just don't get why Joe is beat about it.  So what?

That's the one thing about JoeGo that I DO get. I'd be devastated if my parents openly expressed favoritism towards one of my siblings over me. You love your parents, you want to make them proud. You want them in your life. I know if my siblings and I were feuding, my mom would not get involved. And she would probably rip us all a new one and tell us we better get our shit together. If Tre's parents have been siding with her over Joe, I can understand his pain. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I really HOPE it's not the norm for 10-year-olds to wax their eyebrows. At least she didn't start as early as Farrah Abraham's daughter, though. 

That's the one thing about JoeGo that I DO get. I'd be devastated if my parents openly expressed favoritism towards one of my siblings over me. You love your parents, you want to make them proud. You want them in your life. I know if my siblings and I were feuding, my mom would not get involved. And she would probably rip us all a new one and tell us we better get our shit together. If Tre's parents have been siding with her over Joe, I can understand his pain. 

I get what you mean.  I think this is why I don't get why he's beat.  The one they're proud of is a convicted felon.    Criteria like that would make me reevaluate the need for their approval.  I know, I know, emotions and stuff.  Adulthood should've helped him realized he's okay without their sign off.   Maybe I'm surprised it's the baby of the family who feels like this.

• Love 1

I have always thought that the root of this is the Gorga parents, specifically Antonia Sr.  I mean a woman has a son and a daughter.  Many times the Mother and the Son's wife have In-law issues, it happens all the time.  Many wives do not get along with their Mother In-Laws, right? Their husbands mother?  The mother never really liked them, doesn't accept them.  The mother and the daughter get together and discuss how they both cannot stand this woman who came into their family.  It's not that hard to believe.  JoeGo and Melissa like to say that JoGui and Teresa are whispering in the parents ear driving a wedge, but let's be honest it is probably the other way around.  You know in a family it's the MOM that doesn't like the wife of her son and the daughter agrees and goes along with the kibbutz.  See Albie's GF/Caro/Lauren for this.  And let's be honest, fast forward a few years, Melissa and her Antonia jr. are going to do the same thing with those boys girlfriends.  

And to get even more deep, Antonia Sr. is the one who married INTO this family, and seems to have no issue with her children and her husband severing ties with her husband's sisters side of the family. As sister in laws go, she seems to have zero connection to Kathy's Mom, from at least what we can tell.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I get what you mean.  I think this is why I don't get why he's beat.  The one they're proud of is a convicted felon.    Criteria like that would make me reevaluate the need for their approval.  I know, I know, emotions and stuff.  Adulthood should've helped him realized he's okay without their sign off.   Maybe I'm surprised it's the baby of the family who feels like this.

That's a good point. I just feel like family stuff is complicated, though. My father disowned me over 8 years ago, around the time my husband and I had our first child. (Not going to get into the why's, but let's just say it was over "moral differences"; I'm not a felon, don't have a record, etc!) I know, deep down, that he's an ass and it's "his loss" and all of that, but it still really really hurts. I tried to reach out to him last year, after many years of silence. He rejected me all over again. My husband asked why I would even WANT him in my life, if he can be that cruel. I can't explain it. It just hurts. 

I also wonder if part of Joe's issue is the other Joe. Gorga seems to place a lot of emphasis on "macho" definitions of masculinity. Maybe he's always busted his ass, but never been good enough for his dad. Maybe his dad favored Juicy, who seems a bit beefier, a bit more "manly"  and that always drove him crazy as well? 

Joe Go is an adult and can be any kind of man he wants to be, so he infuriates me most of the time, with his oversexed, needy douchebaggery. But I do feel bad for him, considering his family dynamics, at times. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

All this.   I really think she thought how dare they come on to "her" show, using it for their come up.  Now about that, I have to agree with her.  But this idea that Melissa and Kathy conspired to bring her down?  C'mon now.

I'm embarrassed.  There really are entire patches of this show I cannot remember.  At all.  So, um, what?  Is this a reference to the history between Kathy/Rosie's mother and Tree/Joe's father?  Why don't they talk?

Right here.  I think it goes much deeper than this though.  Like Teresa expected a dynamic with many families from any culture, where there's an only or a queen bee sister.  Their brother finds a wife and the sister kind of expects her to kiss the ring or curtsy or something for the *privilege* of marrying into their family.   Melissa strikes me as the type to have told her to pound sand, it's never gonna happen and Teresa never forgave her for it.   Now the girl's life is dedicated to making her husband happy and by all accounts, she's good at it, and Teresa doesn't get to call her a prostitution whore.  Here's my thing, why isn't it reciprocal?  If Melissa's chief crime is the not defense of her sister in law when she gets the chance, where was Teresa's opposition to the rumor that random mofo started claiming Melissa "danced" at his bar?   I'm sorry unattributed sources in blogs and staying quiet in conversations does not a traitor make.  

These people really are the Corleones.  You know if the Corleones only had Fredo and/or Sonny.

The dysfunction is deep.  And I did think of Vito Corleone when I heard how Joe's father died.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I can too.  And it's not just their favoritism to Teresa over Joey, it's their favoritism of Teresa's children over Joey's.  Melissa and Joey named their only daughter Antonia, after Joey's mom.  And I remember Antonia Sr. thrusting a necklace into Joey's hands, refusing to give them to Antonia Jr. herself.  It was absolutely ridiculous.  She had absolutely no interest in seeing her namesake, and she had no problem telling her son so.  She deserves the snarling madman she's married to.

As irritating as the Wakiles could be, there was true love and camaraderie between them, Rosie, and Melissa/Joey.  You could see how comfortable their children were within the group, whereas Teresa always seemed like a stranger to Joey's kids.  And of course Teresa was sure to turn Gia against Melissa from toddlerhood.  Then there was Antonia Sr. screaming at Kathy for daring to rescue baby Audriana from the drunken brawl of roided Italians, and then explaining it to Teresa.  Antonia Sr. screeched that it was Kathy's duty to protect her cousin.  Wonder if she railed to her husband about his treatment of his sister.  I doubt it.

• Love 5

I don't know that I'd be devastated (and this actually does pertain to my life, so maybe I don't even need the "if"), but it's definitely something that creeps in even if you logically know that (A) there's nothing you can do about it and/or (B) that you're basically fine in spite of it. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think it's fine for Melania to get her brows waxes even though she is ten. She has VERY thick brows. Even after the waxing they were just toned down a little. They were still thick and natural looking. Kids at ten are very self aware of what the norm is.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I think it's fine for Melania to get her brows waxes even though she is ten. She has VERY thick brows. Even after the waxing they were just toned down a little. They were still thick and natural looking. Kids at ten are very self aware of what the norm is.

I'm not crazy about a ten year old being waxed, but Milania seems to have more than enough chutzpah to tell her mother to fuck off if she doesn't want it to happen again.  Points (I guess) to Teresa's half-assed reassurance that her bushy eyebrows were still beautiful.  But I felt it was for the cameras.

• Love 2

I think that hair removal is something that starts when kids notice a difference/feel a need for it.  Teresa also has the hairline of a monkey, and we've seen one of the kids have to shave Joe's back, so I don't think that the kids have been done any favors in the excess hair department.  It's going to be a struggle.

I feel for Joe Go, it really does suck to be the unfavored child.  I have a few siblings and one of them has always just sucked up all of the oxygen in the room when it comes to our parents.  It has always been that way, it was that way when we were kids, it hasn't changed in more than 30 years, so I doubt it will change ever.  Years and years ago, one or the other of us would bring it up to them and we'd be told "well, they need us more right now because of this" or, "you're just more self sufficient with that" and "you don't understand what it's like for them"  In the end, it's kind of all crap, because the rest of us never had a choice but to be self sufficient or need them more.  We're fine, we're adults and live our lives, but there's a distance and once in a while without thinking you find yourself falling back into an old pattern of expecting a different result.  Then you get the wakeup call that nope, hasn't changed, there's still a favorite!  That's the mistake I see Joe making.  98% of the time, I'm just take it for what it is, and it's fine, it's when I chase what it "should be" that it hurts.  Joe is always chasing what "should be"  thinking that somehow if he just does this ONE thing right, his parents will see they've been wrong all this time.  He thinks the problem is he just hasn't found that ONE right thing, not that his parents are the problem.

• Love 4

I rewatched last night and I think my favorite part of the episode was when Joe Go brought the kids into Melissa's shop and she throws her arms out, proclaiming - "THIS is Envy! Isn't it great???" (or whatever she said.) And Antonia just kind of raises her eyebrows, like BFD. The kids on this show....they give me life. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Haha

so is Kathy Connie Corleone supplier of poisoned canolli to Don Altobello or is Kathy Clemenza with the quote of Leave the gun, take the canollis?

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Haha

so is Kathy Connie Corleone supplier of poisoned canolli to Don Altobello or is Kathy Clemenza with the quote of Leave the gun, take the canollis?

lol! I'm torn.  On the one hand Kathy Wakilie would never buy bakery bought cannoli.  On the other, no matter who the baker, I can't see her being okay with forfeiting them.  I can't tell who she is, unless Luca Brasi has an older brother, in which case, she's that guy.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That's a good point. I just feel like family stuff is complicated, though. My father disowned me over 8 years ago, around the time my husband and I had our first child. (Not going to get into the why's, but let's just say it was over "moral differences"; I'm not a felon, don't have a record, etc!) I know, deep down, that he's an ass and it's "his loss" and all of that, but it still really really hurts. I tried to reach out to him last year, after many years of silence. He rejected me all over again. My husband asked why I would even WANT him in my life, if he can be that cruel. I can't explain it. It just hurts. 

sorry that you have to deal w/all of that, it sounds really sucky.

• Love 3

All these women give Theresa far too much of their time, energy, and emotion, but Jacqueline is just pathetic. She's like the wannabe girl in middle school who desperately wants the popular girl to like her. That whole thing with the phone call, even though I'm pretty sure Bravo insisted on it, was just sad. Why even answer the phone on New Year's Eve for someone who has shown so little regard for you or your problems??

Joe Gorga's parents barely even look at him. He and Melissa are extra help while Theresa is unavailable, and that's about it. I don't remember them even hugging him. I would feel bad for him if he wasn't pulling the caveman routine because Melissa is sort of working at an obviously part-time hobby of opening a boutique.

Gia is a DUI waiting to happen. Joe is going to jail, and Theresa just wants to be her friend. There will be no one to reign her in.

• Love 3

Thank you People Magazine for agreeing to pay for the exclusive photographs of Theresa coming home. To make that decision right just make the check payable to the US Treasury. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

Gia is a DUI waiting to happen. Joe is going to jail, and Theresa just wants to be her friend. There will be no one to reign her in.

Was it just me was or was it completely obvious that Gia was high as fuck when she got back...???

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Was it just me was or was it completely obvious that Gia was high as fuck when she got back...???

Haha, I thought maybe she just WAS really tired, it being after midnight and all. But I've been known to be naive from time to time. 

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, I thought maybe she just WAS really tired, it being after midnight and all. But I've been known to be naive from time to time. 

Nah.. 14 years old and she was so hype to go to her friends party? no way she was that "beat".just 15 minutes after midnight. Although completely relevant considering the state of the family, that " I love you man...." moment had a bit of a  "flower child tranquil" vibe to it.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I didn't get that at all (succumbed to watching On Demand). If she wasn't 14 - I'd highly recommend it though, given the BS she likely has to deal with that's of no making of her own. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Didn't think of it at the time, but I think it is fairly likely.  And frankly, despite the privileged upbringing, I think that she (and the other beautiful daughters) probably has some real, unresolved issues that she might deal with by drinking and stuff. Not just the last year of being pseudo mom, and the next few with her dad out of the house. She's been on national tv since she was 5-7 years old, pushed into acting, pageants, etc to feed her mother's need for validation and attention, and constantly surrounded by fueding "adult" relatives bringing unnecessary  drama to her life. Having money doesn't mean she had a great upbringing. It was turbulent and unstable.

• Love 1

She's been on national tv since she was 5-7 years old, pushed into acting, pageants, etc to feed her mother's need for validation and attention, and constantly surrounded by fueding "adult" relatives bringing unnecessary  drama to her life. Having money doesn't mean she had a great upbringing. It was turbulent and unstable.

During the photo shoot at home, Theresa kept insisting that she HAS to exploit her kids for money because they have no other way to survive financially. Meanwhile, a brand new SUV sits in the driveway and they're still living in the massive house.

Gia could have been high. I was more focused on how inappropriate her outfit was for a 14 year old girl, and how much makeup they let her put on. And it looked like they hired a car to drive her back and forth from what I could see. While whining about how money is an issue so they need to exploit their situation to the media to make money.

Oh, and what the hell kind of house arrest is it when Theresa gets to go to the spa???? I want that kind of punishment.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Was it ever mentioned how Gia got to and back from the party?

When Teresa was telling her that JoeG now wanted her back before midnight you hear Gia say "is Zio Joey ready for me?" and Teresa goes yeah and Gia I think says Bye then you see Joey follow her out the door so I think Joey drove her to wherever so was going. It's possible she had someone from the party (a parent?) drive her back?

• Love 6
On 7/17/2016 at 7:14 PM, kdmayo said:

Fuck you, JoGo. I literally wanted to throw something at my TV when he said "My innocent sister, she has to wear an ankle bracelet." 

See- this is EXACTLY why I cannot watch this show anymore. They still want to perpetuate this lie that Teresa is a victim in all of this and that we need to feel sorry for her being locked up. While I never advocated her being in jail for life, etc. she was guilty of a crime and deserved to be punished. The ankle bracelet is part of that punishment. 

Hell to the NO with that noise. 

Whenever he says stuff like that I usually think it's because he and the rest of her family probably 100% believe Joe got her into the entire mess and she had no idea what she w was doing. When you hear her speak in interviews I believe the same. She can barely speak half the time. I work in a company full of non-native speakers. She always liked to blame it on language but she just isn't that smart no matter how you slice it.  I think she probably had little idea of half the crap she was doing and was just listening to what her husband told her to do. 

• Love 2

And I've always liked her mom.  The story of her childhood was so heart breaking and she always seemed like a good person. 

Mrs. P is hands down the most decent, sanest one of the whole bunch. She has good spreads, too. (This show does provide the best food porn of the franchise.)

I was more focused on how inappropriate her outfit was for a 14 year old girl, and how much makeup they let her put on.

Gia's makeup gun seems to have been set on "prostitution whore!" a few times over the recent years.

She always liked to blame it on language but she just isn't that smart no matter how you slice it. 

Teresa might not know how to pronounce "fraudulent", but she's fully aware of what it means. She knew exactly what she was doing when she first forged those W-2s.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2016 at 10:14 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bravo suggested that they pay in cash. In their earliest concepts for the show, Bravo tried to imply that the cast was very mobbed up, especially since Al's dad was found dead in the trunk of a car.

On 7/18/2016 at 11:00 PM, hisbunkie said:

Don't buy that the show was behind her paying cash.  It doesn't make sense for the production to get involved in such a thing  

Sorry but I would say it is not a good business practice. There is no paper trail with cash. When things go wrong, and they often do, you don't have the same recourse as you do charging something (paying it off without fees or interest).  

At the same time, Tre and Joe had been up to their financial shenanigans for years. In Andy's last book, he said that the Giudices took the longest to sign their initial contract and they had a ton of questions about what Bravo could and couldn't disclose to law enforcement. So I can believe that production suggested that they pay in cash and Tre and Joe weren't opposed to it.

• Love 3

I feel bad for Gia but the fat ass comment to Milania was not appropriate. Speaking to anyone in the family like that IMO is not what kids should be allowed to do. Joe and Tre have both done their kids many wrongs and one is not teaching the how to act right. Tre's dad is a creep.

• Love 3

Re: house arrest - a few people in my neighborhood are under "house arrest". You can tell during the summer by when they wear shorts and are walking around the neighborhood or pool side at the neighborhood pool.  I guess their punishment is that they can't swim with the thing around their ankles.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:31 AM, bichonblitz said:

Really, is that any better? You don't talk to your kid that way.   He definitely said fat ass. 

I'm just now catching up on this seasons episodes.  I watched this ep last night and he didn't say fat ass, he said fathead. Either way, I was shocked at the way he spoke to Gia.

I was sooo disappointed to see Jac the Wack was back. UGH! I LOATHE that whiny, shit stirring, pathetic bitch. Also sad to see Kathy and Richie back on my screen. Kathy can't even begin to hide her disdain for Tre so why does she continue to ride her coat tails? I know it pays well but have SOME pride, woman!

Agree with those who said Tre looked awesome coming out of prison and now looks haggard.  I think it's too much eye makeup and heavy foundation. It makes her eyes look droopy and old and her skin saggy and dry. She needs to find a new makeup artist. Pretty bad when the women at the prison do a better job of helping Tre with her makeup that the artist she pays at home.

• Love 2