Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

If I see/hear, one more time, the woman in the fluffy pink sweater playing the guitar singing "Nationwide Is on Your Side" I might have to call Nationwide and tell them to fuck off. These ad agencies get paid millions to make the lamest, most annoying ads. I don't get it. Maybe I got jaded watching Madmen?

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Doesn't matter.  It's still annoying as hell. 

Who walks into the advertising office and says, “guys I have a great idea for the commercial.. the kid will bring a fish TO the aquarium!”  And no one says no that’s so stupid??

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Who is the chick in the red dress for the Schmiroffs (sp?) Vodka ads?  She's always adding a strawberry to a drink and handing it to someone before bustin' a move lol.  Is that Hilary Duff?  The singer married to Eddie Cibrian?  Can't think of her name.  Its annoying that i can't figure out who it is lol

1 minute ago, ForumLou said:

Is that Hilary Duff?  The singer married to Eddie Cibrian?  Can't think of her name.  Its annoying that i can't figure out who it is lol

No, it's Kaley Cuoco.  (And LeAnn Rimes is the singer married to Eddie Cibrian.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

If I see/hear, one more time, the woman in the fluffy pink sweater playing the guitar singing "Nationwide Is on Your Side" I might have to call Nationwide and tell them to fuck off. These ad agencies get paid millions to make the lamest, most annoying ads. I don't get it. Maybe I got jaded watching Madmen?

Do you mean the one with HER?  She's a wonderful musician/artist.  I don't understand why she's doing commercials.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

No, it's Kaley Cuoco.  (And LeAnn Rimes is the singer married to Eddie Cibrian.)

That's Kaley?  Wow she's changed.  I was pretty sure it was LeAnn.  Thanks for both names!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Bastet said:

Kaley Cuoco is also an animal rights activist and a vegan. I like her just for those reasons. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

Is Jane Seymour so hard up for a paycheck that she's doing a phone app commercial for solitaire?

She's in her 70s in an industry that tells most women they're done by 40, so while she's among those fortunate enough to still be getting work, it's work of sporadic quality and prestige.  I can see accepting a check for a mere day's work in her shoes; the ridicule she'll get will be far less significant.

Just now, peacheslatour said:

I will never forgive Clariton for running that Most Wonderful Time of the Year commercial all summer long. I have enough trouble listening to Christmas music at Christmas time but in the summer, it's unendurable.

Unless it's in this context:

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

She's in her 70s in an industry that tells most women they're done by 40, so while she's among those fortunate enough to still be getting work, it's work of sporadic quality and prestige.  I can see accepting a check for a mere day's work in her shoes; the ridicule she'll get will be far less significant.

Unless it's in this context:

Isn't Jane Seymour a spokesperson (owner?) of Crepe Erase? She must make a ton of money on THAT product (If it works). I don't need it. Yet!

16 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

...not to mention those diamond butt necklaces she used to hawk.

Maybe those have been discontinued so she has had to lower her standards and do commercials for snake oil remedies?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I will never forgive Clariton for running that Most Wonderful Time of the Year commercial all summer long. I have enough trouble listening to Christmas music at Christmas time but in the summer, it's unendurable.

Since the commercial is about yay! Spring! it’s probably time to retire it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I have to disagree with that.  The reason leggings my main winter go-to is because they cling to my legs, thus keeping them warmer whereas cold air tears right through cotton pants and even denim.  Loose fitting clothes are cooler.  When I see ladies wearing leggings so tight they look about to bust, it's fertile ground for something even Lume can't fix

I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference and fabric content, and not something one could summarily "disagree with." Like another poster, I wear leggings in all kinds of weather and have never had any kind of issue. Same with tights, even though people would constantly ask, "Arrrren't you hot?" If I were wearing a very short dress right now in Jersey heat, I'd have tights on. 

I am so glad that whatever South Park anniversary special is over and done because, oh my goodness, the commercials for it were driving me to drink (and ruining my fun during my constant watching of Office episodes on that channel)!

Mike Pillow can have whatever faith he wants and I couldn't care less. However, I wonder what his higher power thinks of his blatant fear-mongering and lie-spreading? Though, he does seem to be mentally ill, so maybe I should be more understanding.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don't understand most commercials (I mean, lemons and bubbles and travel? Uh?) But that Bounty commercial... It's driving me nuts and they just don't change it up. Sure, first it was the laptop then the lottery ticket and now it's the tablet (I think in between they had a kid eating with chopsticks and that actually made some sense). But the theme is still the same and I don't know why and I just want it to end.

• Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, chenoa333 said:

Kaley Cuoco is also an animal rights activist and a vegan. I like her just for those reasons. 

Also she is an amazing horse woman, she rides in a lot of hunter/jumper competitions and I liked her in The Flight Attendant.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

She was probably approached to do the ad because her first acting role was as Bond Girl fortune teller named Solitaire.  If someone offers to pay you a lot of money for one day of work why not take it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Nugenix T-Total... The guy that takes it has great water pressure in his garden hose as he washes his truck. The guy that did NOT take it has a garden hose that's all tangled and useless. Are we supposed to infer the same goes for the private "hose" organs?  I'm not sure I wanna see what a tangled up dick looks like.

Nugenix GH-Boost: Every time the guy says "GH Boost," because I'm not watching, I hear him say "Teenage Boost."

I should stop watching PlutoTV.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I saw a commercial yesterday where a young woman opens the commercial by proclaiming "I had 8 UTI's in one year." In my best Robin Thede: "GIRL." Please figure out your life. Wash your hands or something. Stop fucking around with boxcar hobos. SOMETHING YOU ARE DOING IS WRONG. Also, not sure I'd want to be the face of serial UTI's. Can you even tell your family you're IN a commercial if that's the commercial? Reminds me of the old "This is the face of erectile dysfunction" ads from the late 90's. I always imagined they never told those guys what the commercial was actually FOR when they were filming it, then they watched it and were all like "MY DICK TOTALLY WORKS! WHAT THE FUCK!" [calls agent]

Also the Frank Thomas / Doug Flutie commercial for Eugenix Total T, where they always make sure to mention "And fellas...she'll like it too." I always add "by it, we mean your freshly stiffened dick" or something along those lines, much to my wife's continued dismay. :)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 1:53 PM, chenoa333 said:

Isn't Jane Seymour a spokesperson (owner?) of Crepe Erase? She must make a ton of money on THAT product (If it works). I don't need it. Yet!

That Crepe Erase commercial is really beginning to annoy me.  I am 73 fricking years old, I have done the young stuff, I just want to age gracefully in my own way without rubbing on some pricey cream that is making someone else rich and me poorer! Who knows what kind of carp is in that stuff? What exactly is being absorbed into their skin/body??  NOPE! Not me! I am not for magic youth creams obviously...

• Applause 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That Crepe Erase commercial is really beginning to annoy me.  I am 73 fricking years old, I have done the young stuff, I just want to age gracefully in my own way without rubbing on some pricey cream that is making someone else rich and me poorer! Who knows what kind of carp is in that stuff? What exactly is being absorbed into their skin/body??  NOPE! Not me! I am not for magic youth creams obviously...

And we all know, Jane Seymour is NOT looking good because of crepe erase. But thanks Jane. Nice try.

3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Edited by chenoa333
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And we all know, Jane Seymour is NOT looking good because of crepe erase. But thanks Jane. Nice try.

And if you listen to Courtney Thorne Smith's "endorsement," she never says it does anything for her skin.  She says something like it makes her feel more confident.  Um, ok.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

"I had 8 UTI's in one year."

At first I thought she was bragging, lol.

Seriously, why wouldn't she have seen her gynocologist after the second or third is beyond me, clearly there is something going on with her physiologically.   Wouldn't her boyfriend been a little suspicious or concerned enough to stop having sex with her till she got herself together after the first few UTI's?

• Like 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Wait, does that add have text at the bottom that says it's real? I assume that's an actor and scripted.

IIRC, the UTI woman says she and her partner developed the product they are advertising. I'd Google it but I can't remember the name of the product. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2022 at 2:13 AM, cynicat said:

Whenever I see that 'stink level' graph I have to wonder about the study design.  Is there really a statistical difference between Lume and the shower alone?  What defines stinky and not stinky?  And most important of all, who is sniffing other peoples' butts?

I despise all commercials with that Lume twerp. I hated her from the beginning when she claimed to be an OB/GYN but had to whisper "private parts" while hiding her mouth with her hand and I hate her entire schtick of trying to make women feel bad about their bodies. The only thing I like about the one with the stink level graph is that I try to imagine she has to be the one sniffing all the butts.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I despise all commercials with that Lume twerp. I hated her from the beginning when she claimed to be an OB/GYN but had to whisper "private parts" while hiding her mouth with her hand and I hate her entire schtick of trying to make women feel bad about their bodies. The only thing I like about the one with the stink level graph is that I try to imagine she has to be the one sniffing all the butts.

And how controlled is this "study"? Do they monitor the activities of the participants from when they apply the product until they use their patented Smellometer 5000 to measure the differences?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

For some reason Duck Duck Go keeps airing the same commercial for months until you want to shoot your tv.  Remember their "these things are none of our business" ads?  They are cute the first few times but get annoying after a few hundred viewings.

• Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, ctlady said:

Is Jane Seymour so hard up for a paycheck that she's doing a phone app commercial for solitaire?

She played a character named "Solitaite" in one of the James Bond films.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2022 at 3:34 PM, proserpina65 said:

What bugs me about his cross is that he's made such an effort to make it noticeable.  He could put it on a longer chain and wear it outside his shirt, but instead he has it on a short chain and yet has to have the cross hanging outside his collar in a really awkward manner.  It's Christian theater more than a profession of faith, imo.

The corporations which previously carried his products made business decisions to stop doing so because they knew they'd lose money on his overpriced crap - just like a thousand other decisions they make all the time.  And the channels which no longer carry his commercials made that decision because he stopped paying for the commercials.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
On 8/20/2022 at 6:33 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

At first I thought she was bragging, lol.

Seriously, why wouldn't she have seen her gynocologist after the second or third is beyond me, clearly there is something going on with her physiologically.   Wouldn't her boyfriend been a little suspicious or concerned enough to stop having sex with her till she got herself together after the first few UTI's?

Should probably stop with the anal sex with her boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1