Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

Who decided that the smarmy Progressive Insurance box needed more commercials?

While I have no problem with Lilly from the AT&T ads, I want the people bugging her in the food court on her lunch break to go away.

Carl's Jr can go away and take their car washing skanks with them. The one is Paris Hilton, and am I supposed to know who the other skank is?

I'm always talking out loud to the tv when those come on: "Y'all know damn well you would not really eat that big-ass burger!"
  • Love 2

I have a new commercial to hate, & it only took one viewing. The commercial is for L'Oreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal starring Julianne Moore. I hate the name they made up for their "special ingredient", but what I really hate is that every time Julianne Moore is on screen, it's so soft focus it could be a Doris Day movie. 

If you have to soft focus your actress to hide her age, I'm thinking your cell renewal product (i.e. anti-aging product) doesn't work all that well.

A couple of things - A) Julianne Moore is only fifty-three, and B) my fondness for gingers means I think she looks sensational. All I'm wondering is why on earth she's in a commercial that implies there's something wrong with her looks.

• Love 2

I'm always talking out loud to the tv when those come on: "Y'all know damn well you would not really eat that big-ass burger!"

me too, I'm always like "Whatever Paris Hilton, you know know the only piece of meat you'll eat is a rich man's co--......oh, hello there 8 year old cousin....oh, I was only saying that Paris Hilton would only eat a burger that came from a  rich man's cow, because rich men would only feed their cows grass which would make the meat much healthier"

I don't think Julianne Moore is old at all.   However, the folks at L'Oreal clearly do, hence the soft focus to hide the signs of aging.   Which if their product is so great shouldn't be necessary.

listen, I don't know what you're implying, but this product is obviously legit.  First, it is supported by the latest "scientific research"   Second, they have very catchy graphic showing me how 4 million cells are renewed every day!  Third, her skin is feeling reborn every day from those 4 million renewed cells!  Fourth, it comes in a gold colored container, so you just know its both classy and effective, you don't just waste your gold toned containers on just any old product.  And finally, they even have a guy with a classy accent narrating the commercial.  

:) just kidding :)

• Love 7

me too, I'm always like "Whatever Paris Hilton, you know know the only piece of meat you'll eat is a rich man's co--......oh, hello there 8 year old cousin....oh, I was only saying that Paris Hilton would only eat a burger that came from a rich man's cow, because rich men would only feed their cows grass which would make the meat much healthier"

Uh...yeah...a cow! *Thaaat's* the tick-it!
  • Love 5

If you have to soft focus your actress to hide her age, I'm thinking your cell renewal product (i.e. anti-aging product) doesn't work all that well.

And, I don't understand soft focus in this high tech world. Editing programs can take away and add anything they want so that soft focus thing IS suspicious and not very savvy...

• Love 1

I'm sure her name was more important than her looks in casting. At least they knew to do something. There used to be a mattress ad featuring Lindsay Wagner where it looked like she hadn't slept in a week. It ran for a long, long time before somebody fixed it.

• Love 1

Fourth, it comes in a gold colored container, so you just know its both classy and effective, you don't just waste your gold toned containers on just any old product.

This is the clincher.   If you have a gold container, well, a gold toned container, it must be legit.

• Love 4

I swear I'm going to take a cheese-grater to everyone involved with making the latest Berocca commercial.

Yep, that's massively annoying. And what's with the long, long guy ponytail making a comeback in commercials lately? There's one in this Little Caesars ad, too. Yes, it's mimicking the dog's tail wagging, but I really don't like long ponytails on guys, so it's annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZsfoGcep2I

Edited by riley702
  • Love 1

Will somebody please kill the person responsible for these stupid Pillsbury toaster strudel commercials!!!  The sheer stereotypical bullshit part of it offends me and I'm not even German or Austrian or whatever he's supposed to be.  Every time he says "toaster strudel" I want to smash his face in.  Please make them go away!!!

http://youtu.be/c3jsoyUm7uA  and  http://youtu.be/WR0AUXiBSi8 and  http://youtu.be/FuYL_LQqEm8

• Love 3

Carl's Jr can go away and take their car washing skanks with them. The one is Paris Hilton, and am I supposed to know who the other skank is?

I was not going to comment but after seeing another celebrity in a bikini I decided to. I have always liked the way Paris Hilton looks. She is in that sweet spot for women who really take care of their bodies 25-40 years of age. She looks amazing in the latest burger commercial. If your body is tone not just skinny, yes you can eat a burger once a week while wearing heels and a bikini. Paris Hilton looks like a woman. She has woman stuff.

• Love 1

I was not going to comment but after seeing another celebrity in a bikini I decided to. I have always liked the way Paris Hilton looks. She is in that sweet spot for women who really take care of their bodies 25-40 years of age. She looks amazing in the latest burger commercial. If your body is tone not just skinny, yes you can eat a burger once a week while wearing heels and a bikini. Paris Hilton looks like a woman. She has woman stuff.

She always struck me as Olive Oyl with fake boobs, myself.  If you think she's hot, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but she doesn't do a thing for me.

• Love 7

To me she just looks skinny, she has been caught doing cocaine, so I wonder how much she is really treating her body like a temple.  

But I don't know her workout regimen.  

I do remember other celebrities who are skinny, but toned, basically saying that they had a pretty restrictive diets that didn't include the weekly burger.  I remember when Nicole S (the girl from the Pussy Cat Dolls) won dancing with the stars, and Tom Bergeron (or whoever hosts the show) asked her what her celebratory meal would be she was like "a chicken breast and some rice"  and he was like "thats going to be your celebration meal?"  And this is a woman who is in a group known for dancing, she works out, she was dancing every day and she wasn't even gonna have something crazier than a chicken breast after dancing her butt off.  And I know Gwen Stefani says she is always on a diet.  Elizabeth Hurely has a crazy diet, and she doesn't look unhealthy to me.  Nicole S, Gwen Stefani and Elizabeth Hurley look, to me as if they all are pretty feminine, and I think Nicole S is probably the most toned out of any of the four - but what they have all said makes me think that a weekly burger is not something they would do.

I'm fairly in shape, under 40, and I might do a weekly burger - but I'm not trying to maintain a body that is going to be draped over a car while wearing a bikini.

Those annoying, sexist commercials are what put the kibosh on my former practice of treating myself to Carl's Jr. once or twice a year (I eat plenty more burgers than that, mind you, just not a fast food burger).  They can all go away any time now so I can get my fix.

• Love 1

Whenever I see Paris Hilton, I can never get past the vapid expression and that truly unfortunate nose. I watched a few episodes of that reality show she did with Nicole Ritchie, and Lord Almighty, she's a dim bulb. Ritchie came across as a basically sweet girl, so I wasn't surprised those two eventually fell out. You can only do smug and shallow for so long if you have more than two brain cells to rub together. I do admire Ritchie for straightening herself out, being a good Mom and having a successful designer line. Hilton, not so much.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 1

Whenever I see Paris Hilton, I can never get past the vapid expression and that truly unfortunate nose. I watched a few episodes of that reality show she did with Nicole Ritchie, and Lord Almighty, she's a dim bulb. Ritchie came across as a basically sweet girl, so I wasn't surprised those two eventually fell out. You can only do smug and shallow for so long if you have more than two brain cells to rub together. I do admire Ritchie for straightening herself out, being a good Mom and having a successful designer line. Hilton, not so much.

With all her money I'm surprised she never got a nose job.

With all her money I'm surprised she never got a nose job.

Or fixed that wonky eye.

Do you guys remember the "leave Brittany alone" viral video. This is me saying "leave Paris alone". I like her nose, she has breeders hips. Every body needs a big greasy cheeseburger every now and then. She would make beautiful bi-racial children. "Leave Paris Hilton alone."

• Love 3

Staples people doing the Shopping Cart dance can get the hell off my screen.

Is that the one in regards to "Back to School"? There was a commercial and everybody is doing a happy dance for a back to school sale. I've been out of high school for about 25 years now and I certainly do not remember doing a dance like that when mid to late August rolled around. This is a very exuberant generation it seems.

• Love 2

I haven't seen the Staples commercial this season, but in the past, their Back to School spots had a father going up and down the aisles with a shopping cart, dancing to the holiday song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" while his kids dejectedly shuffled along behind him.  I loved those!

• Love 11

I've been avoiding McDonald's ever since they started their "I'm lovin' it" campaign (incidentally, I hope they remember to wear a condom while they're "lovin' it"), but the latest one is the final straw. I don't need some moron telling me about "eco-nom-nom-nom-ics" in a burger ad. McDonald's now joins Carl's Jr. in the exclusive "Lifetime Boycott by Sandman87 Due to Obnoxious Commercials" club. Carl's became the first member back in 2000 because of their "Don't bother me. I'm eating" campaign.

• Love 2

I haven't seen the Staples commercial this season, but in the past, their Back to School spots had a father going up and down the aisles with a shopping cart, dancing to the holiday song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" while his kids dejectedly shuffled along behind him. I loved those!

No, instead, they've chosen this annoying mosquito of a song:

No, instead, they've chosen this annoying mosquito of a song:

Geez, how much has staples cut its ad budget?  that commercial looks like it was made by a guy on a Mac who paid a few people to dance in a flash mob.

• Love 1

Geez, how much has staples cut its ad budget? that commercial looks like it was made by a guy on a Mac who paid a few people to dance in a flash mob.

Yes. And they were paid in expired Sizzler coupons or something. Very, very low-budget.
  • Love 1

Yes. And they were paid in expired Sizzler coupons or something. Very, very low-budget.

LOL!  Now you got me thinking about Malibu chicken!  But yeah, there aren't even any shots of the inside of a Staples, its like they couldn't even get enough money to close down a staples for a day to film inside of it.  They would have been better off running that 80s commercial, which is still a classic.

I noticed the ad for a babysitter website service with the bratty children is back. You don't want a sitter who serves you vegetables for lunch? Sucks to be you!

If its the precious princess with the demands, she ought to be locked in a closet.  Then maybe she can deign to accept a babysitter who serves her vegetables.

Speaking of annoying Maytag commercials, the new one where the Maytag guy is inexplicably sitting inside of the dishwasher rivals the Skittles ads for sheer disgustingness. First of all, being forced into a cramped space filled with dirty dishes already sounds like one of the circles of hell, but then the lady cleaning up hands him a used whisk and he starts to lick it, at which point I get dry heaves. Bleah! Eating leftover food stuck to the dishes in the dishwasher is one small step away from eating out of the trash can, and as Seinfeld has eloquently pointed out, if it's in the trash, it is trash.

A testament to how difficult it must be for actors to find work.  Because, hell no, absolutely not and never.    Feminine products, incontinence, Yoplait even, I can do it all day long.  But this one?  I can't even stick around to see if it's this particular one in the series, I just can't risk giving Maytag any of my time.

• Love 1

If you have a cat, yes please? On the one hand, Febreeze does not work the way they say it does, which bums me out. And they probably are trying a bit here to instill the fear of bad smells you're too used to to even notice anymore. That said, I also sort of feel like I love the pseudo-public service this one puts out there specifically to people with cats who don't realize or don't believe that they, their entire house, all their clothes, everything constantly smells of cat. It's also a reason I can't stand the littler box commercials that are all "this makes it not smell therefore no one will know you have a cat" when it's not the presence of the litter box (or at least not that alone) that makes cat owners' homes conspicuosly cat-ey. The cats themselves just...have cat smell. It's not something that can be avoided. It's one thing if you have a cat and you know that and don't mind and it's your space so do what you want. But for those handful who really are completely unaware, if that commercial makes them realize, then...I like it for that. I'm not saying I hope those people go out and buy Febreeze because I don't think it'll actually help, but hey, spreading awareness.

I'm late to this but this is not at all true. It is so very easily avoidable. I can smell everything (and that is not a gift, I tell you) and neither my house nor any cat owner I know has this going on. I've been in a few homes that could benefit from not Febreze (because that shit stinks to high heavens, and closes my throat up to boot) but from gasoline and a match. But that smell is from not cleaning, not just having a cat (my ex-BF's uncle's house still stands out in my mind; I wanted to free those cats from that hell).

Granted, there are moments (particularly baby kittens who have the worst poop ever--I swear, if they didn't look so cute, no one would let those things in the house). Also, I do think that the right litter has tons to do with it too--one of those things for which paying more probably matters (like tattoos or handbags or…something).

That last one, a lady, says "We don't even live near the water!" That always cracks me up! If they don't live near the water how did their house get flooded?

Oooh, ask a large portion of people in my BF's North Jersey hometown after the severe weather of the last few years. He had three floods (five feet of water) in the course of 18 months (one within two weeks of recarpeting and drywalling after the previous one), and had to be rescued by boat. The water does not necessarily overflow from a lake or river; it comes up through the ground when the ground is saturated, even if that saturation is partially due from heavy snowfall that may have melted weeks earlier. My BF would look into his backyard--even on a day with no precipitation, see the bubbles in the dirt/grass, and start hauling shit upstairs.

That said, the voice of the lady who says, "But I don't even live near the water" sounds so pathetic, like she's really trying her best to sound distraught, but it's coming out just whiny. And, yes to whomever mention "wonder of summer"! That voice is horrid!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3