Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

The zocdoc commercials are driving me crazy.  I hate them.  I hate the song, the stupid dancing, everything.  I watch old shows in the late afternoon and evening if nothing else is on, and every commercial break there's a zocdoc commercial.  I turn to channel to avoid them but it's annoying.  The person who came up with that jingle is just fucking evil.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

The zocdoc commercials are driving me crazy.  I hate them.  I hate the song, the stupid dancing, everything.  I watch old shows in the late afternoon and evening if nothing else is on, and every commercial break there's a zocdoc commercial.  I turn to channel to avoid them but it's annoying.  The person who came up with that jingle is just fucking evil.

The one before this one was worse. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

The one before this one was worse. 

The one with the kid breaking her tooth on a lollipop and yelling for the dad?  I disliked it as well, but I could tune it out without having to turn the channel.  A million years ago, my first job was as a receptionist and it trained me to ignore extraneous noise.  It's actually been a useful life skill and one of the benefits is the ability to ignore most every commercial.  But these newest zocdoc things with the song are impossible.  I can't wait for them to stop.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

The one with the kid breaking her tooth on a lollipop and yelling for the dad?  I disliked it as well, but I could tune it out without having to turn the channel.  A million years ago, my first job was as a receptionist and it trained me to ignore extraneous noise.  It's actually been a useful life skill and one of the benefits is the ability to ignore most every commercial.  But these newest zocdoc things with the song are impossible.  I can't wait for them to stop.

I could not. Sometimes there would be a musical sting at the beginning so I could hit mute but other times it just went straight to "CRACK! DAD!" and I wasn't quick enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I cannot let the stupidity of the new Uber Eats ads go.

If you ordered lipstick (or candles or pencils or fucking cat litter holy hell) from Uber Eats, THEN YOU KNOW IT’S NOT FOOD.  

Thank you! Its ridiculousness boggles the mind.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Browncoat said:

If the people with the tiny yard in the Credit Karma ad turned the swing set sideways, their kid would have plenty of room to swing without hitting the fence.

Also not putting it so close to the sideways fence!

• Love 2

The Chevy ad where she had sushi yesterday followed by “you know I hate seafood” has been changed to having sushi yesterday…and thinking about getting Indian.  And now we know that sometimes, ad agencies hear us.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

This may sound sappy, but I can't watch the ad for insurance, where the mechanical dog feels abandoned by the guy in the car and leaps off the building to follow him, and then appears to be dead. I know it's a mechanical thing, and there are enough ads for actual abused and neglected animals, which I also can't watch, and the dog ends up ok, but it still gets me!

• Sad 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, susannah said:

This may sound sappy, but I can't watch the ad for insurance, where the mechanical dog feels abandoned by the guy in the car and leaps off the building to follow him, and then appears to be dead. I know it's a mechanical thing, and there are enough ads for actual abused and neglected animals, which I also can't watch, and the dog ends up ok, but it still gets me!

Me too! I'm such a sap.

• Love 6

I keep seeing a stupid commercial for ZipRecruiter (I think that's the name).  There are people jumping, dancing, celebrating and thanking PHIL.  Who the heck is Phil?  I don't get it.

18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I keep seeing a stupid commercial for ZipRecruiter (I think that's the name).  There are people jumping, dancing, celebrating and thanking PHIL.  Who the heck is Phil?  I don't get it.

Someone upthread said Phil is the name the app uses to help users find a job, if I understand correctly.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Someone upthread said Phil is the name the app uses to help users find a job, if I understand correctly.

Thank you.  It would have been helpful if they mentioned that in the ad but they didn't ask me for my input LOLK

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Thank you.  It would have been helpful if they mentioned that in the ad but they didn't ask me for my input LOLK

My guess is they don't mention who Phil is so you will go to the app to get an explanation. Click bait.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, susannah said:

Speaking of SuperBowl ads, I was horrified by the Bud commercial with the Clydesdale that was nearly euthanized.  Yes, he showed great spirit in popping up and running, but a horse that injured isn't going to pop up and start running.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Speaking of SuperBowl ads, I was horrified by the Bud commercial with the Clydesdale that was nearly euthanized.  Yes, he showed great spirit in popping up and running, but a horse that injured isn't going to pop up and start running.

I didn't see that ad and I am very glad I haven't! That sounds horrible!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, susannah said:

Oh I hate that commercial! It doesn't help that it's for electric cars, either. So much blatant attempts at emotional manipulation there. 🤬

• Love 3

Hurt or dying animals in commercials are definitely a hard pass from me. Unless they're wasps or hornets. Where's the commercial for hornet spray that shows them bursting into flame on contact? Now THAT'S a product I'd run out and buy after seeing the ad!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Hurt or dying animals in commercials are definitely a hard pass from me. Unless they're wasps or hornets. Where's the commercial for hornet spray that shows them bursting into flame on contact? Now THAT'S a product I'd run out and buy after seeing the ad!

Not sure but how I wish RAID and other bug sprays actually zapped the critters and made their tiny carcasses literally disappear from the face of the Earth like their commercials instead of just leaving them behind for homeowners to have to clean up and dump. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Not sure but how I wish RAID and other bug sprays actually zapped the critters and made their tiny carcasses literally disappear from the face of the Earth like their commercials instead of just leaving them behind for homeowners to have to clean up and dump. 

Going to Small Talk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Now Medicare has some new lady dressed from head-to-toe in a QVC Today's Special Value Quacker Factory ensemble (or so it appears) who kind of looks like the Snapple Lady from the 1990s. A slight improvement over Medicare Martha, but that's not saying much.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

Oh I hate that commercial! It doesn't help that it's for electric cars, either. So much blatant attempts at emotional manipulation there. 🤬

I thought it was odd to sell electric cars with an electric dog running out of energy.  Isn't that why people are afraid to buy electric cars?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, cynicat said:

I thought it was odd to sell electric cars with an electric dog running out of energy.  Isn't that why people are afraid to buy electric cars?

Not as much as it used to be, they have much longer ranges than originally. Most people only drive to work & close by which makes any range issue a non issue, there are at least 3 Teslas in my not long street. Not many people drive 300 miles every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I can't watch that commercial at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Yes, I signed up with ZipRecruiter a while back when looking for work, and the emails/texts came from "Phil".  I laugh when I see those commercials - for all the job postings they sent me, half weren't close to being what I was looking for, and on those I did apply to, I never got a single response.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 2/24/2022 at 5:41 PM, mojoween said:

The Chevy ad where she had sushi yesterday followed by “you know I hate seafood” has been changed to having sushi yesterday…and thinking about getting Indian.  And now we know that sometimes, ad agencies hear us.

Is rather have the commercial say..ya know, I’m allergic, then have the car go to the ER, in record time. 
Chevy..saving lives!   

• LOL 2
On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, cynicat said:

And electric dogs

Im way more afraid of electric dogs

Edited by Chellfairy
  • LOL 2

When will the Kay jewelry commercial go away? I can’t bear one more instance of “I need you tooooo seeeeeeee…”!

Also, there’s one for some phone family plan that doesn’t require any family (I don’t know) and it shows a husband and wife with 65 kids. There’s a baby who appears to either have the most uncomfortably ill-fitting diaper under his pants or is in dire need of a changing! Poor little guy!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Also, there’s one for some phone family plan that doesn’t require any family (I don’t know) and it shows a husband and wife with 65 kids.

I loved the first Visible commercial, the Christmas scenario (especially the flaming turkey), but don't find this one as funny - except for the cut to her sister's quiet, clean, child-free house and then back to their hellscape.  I also love that it's called "Single for the Win".

• Love 5
16 hours ago, knuckles491 said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I can't stand the ad for Duck Duck Go.  As soon as I hear the voice say "Your life", I have to run for the mute button.  It's her voice that drives me crazy.

I kept wondering if that was Rosamund Pike, but it's a voiceover actress named Sarah Elmaleh.  

• Useful 1

I’m wondering if Progressive and Liberty Mutual are having some sort of internal contest to see who can run the most insanely stupid ad. The one with the “cowboy” on the drug store pony is pretty awful, and I thought it showed utter disrespect for the viewing audience (kinda like a secret “eye roll”) but then I saw yet ANOTHER Progressive one with the idiots holding the sign - which literally make my stomach ache because they are SO awful.  And the voice of “Mara” with the flat (don’t give a rat’s ass) tone is the absolute worst.  (She is the voiceover at the end who says “you know, like the sign says” in case you’ve been lucky enough to miss it!). I would go out of my way to avoid either of these companies just because they insult the viewers this way!

• Love 10
On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, cynicat said:

I think the point of that commercial is that you can charge things using the electric car. 

Why you'd do that is another issue.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I think the point of that commercial is that you can charge things using the electric car. 

yeah I think there's another ad where they are camping and getting electricity and fun and whatever from the car, and when he goes out to get "re-provisions" they are all cold and sad. I don't know if it's the same car....

• Love 2

The big trend with electric vehicles now is to have such great battery capacity that you can use it as an on site power source.  Ford is touting that their new electric truck the Lightning will be able to power your whole house during a blackout.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Maverick said:

The big trend with electric vehicles now is to have such great battery capacity that you can use it as an on site power source.  Ford is touting that their new electric truck the Lightning will be able to power your whole house during a blackout.  

I love that, if true.

• Love 5