Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, I doubt that Jinger will be glued to Jeremy's side when he has to attend class. I can't see Jeremy putting up with that little act for a hot minute. 

I know that. That was my sorry attempt to be funny. 

I wonder how LA is going to change Jinger’s style of dressing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

They won’t last 2 years. I do think they will have their own reality show. Jeremy thinks he will be a teevee Star let’s see if it happens.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I do like the fact that Jinger is getting the big city she wanted. Michelle probably has that crazy ass look on her face right now

I'm sure there's a Walmart there. Michelle will just focus on Walmart and block the rest out.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm sure there's a Walmart there. Michelle will just focus on Walmart and block the rest out.

Are you sure that isn’t too Up market for her? She’s used to Ak thrift stores. 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Judging from the houses Jer and Jingle stay at when they travel, they appear to have some very well-to-do friends. Is it possible someone at GCC is subsidizing them?

  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Oooo, don’t point out the seminary is under intense scrutiny by the accrediting body....he’ll delete your comment. But not before a dozen or so sheeple come for you cause you’re being mean and must be a fat heathen...

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Judging from the houses Jer and Jingle stay at when they travel, they appear to have some very well-to-do friends. Is it possible someone at GCC is subsidizing them?

Somebody sure as heck is. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oops!

So sad too, because there really is no “we,” it’s all what Jeremy wants.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, McManda said:

The thing I think Jer has over the other Duggar-husbands is some kind of ambition. He seems to know what he wants - kinda - and at least tries to get it. And oddly, of the Duggar-husbands, he's probably the most equipped with a plan to try for it.

Ben wants to be a minister ... maybe ... and it's taking classes at the community college ... maybe. 

Austin wants to stay at home and flip houses and run camp.

Derick ... well, who the hell knows what Derick wants, except maybe to be rid of Jill and the kids, but that'll never happen.

I presume Jeremy has a plan for LA. I don't see him like Derick and Jill, staying a GoFundMe for living expenses. And Jinger gets to live in a big city, which was one of her aspirations. I might not agree with them ... in basically anything ... but I hope they do well. And I wouldn't be upset to watch them try for awhile. And let's be realistic, they and this move are the best shot at keeping up the Duggar TV show in some capacity. (Sorry Jessa. Everyone is tired of babies and weddings.)

Nothing wrong with Austin and his line of work.  Very authentic and productive.  It also appears that his wife is ok with that lifestyle.

I  will admit I find Jessa and her little boy bearded husband to be increasingly pathetic, with a third child arriving and what for income?

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

Nothing irritates me more than when Fundies or other Christians use the "God is telling me to...." or "The Lord lead me to do xyz"....    No, God gave you free-will and you made a choice.  I much more prefer "We prayed about moving to LA and we feel at peace with it".   I know it's just semantics, but it grates.

A possible spinoff does make sense, and LA would be a much better setting than Laredo.  Another consideration is that maybe Jer has been promised a preaching gig at the church they are planning to attend.  I know of other mega-churches than pay pretty well for associate pastors and set their families up fairly well with homes and cars.  

This also has shades of Josh and Anna Duggar move to DC.......  Not that I think Jer has or would do anything similar to the crimes josh committed, but the fortune-teller in me feels a scandal may break.....  just a hunch.

Edited by BigBingerBro · Reason: :-)
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Nothing wrong with Austin and his line of work.  Very authentic and productive.  It also appears that his wife is ok with that lifestyle.

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with Austin wanting to flip houses and run the family camp. Just that it's nothing out of the ordinary or overly ambitious for their crowd. At least if Jeremy is going to talk the talk he's also willing to do something to walk the walk (and presumably without JB's help), unlike Ben or Derick. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

JerJer better sleep with one eye open. I doubt the other guys at the seminary school (those with actual intellectual ability and preaching skills) are going to be too happy having this Duggar-come-lately sail in believing he’s got this all sewn up.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, McManda said:

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with Austin wanting to flip houses and run the family camp. Just that it's nothing out of the ordinary or overly ambitious for their crowd. At least if Jeremy is going to talk the talk he's also willing to do something to walk the walk (and presumably without JB's help), unlike Ben or Derick. 

That makes sense. Sorry I took your thoughts wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Nothing irritates me more than when Fundies or other Christians use the "God is telling me to...." or "The Lord lead me to do xyz"....    No, God gave you free-will and you made a choice.  I much more prefer "We prayed about moving to LA and we feel at peace with it".   I know it's just semantics, but it grates.

A possible spinoff does make sense, and LA would be a much better setting than Laredo.  Another consideration is that maybe Jer has been promised a preaching gig at the church they are planning to attend.  I know of other mega-churches than pay pretty well for associate pastors and set their families up fairly well with homes and cars.  

This also has shades of Josh and Anna Duggar move to DC.......  Not that I think Jer has or would do anything similar to the crimes josh committed, but the fortune-teller in me feels a scandal may break.....  just a hunch.

I wonder about that, too. Are you really going to move to the Los Angeles area without a job, while still in school, and with a baby?  

But if it's happened then my crazy hypothesis about Jer's excellent sucking-up ability and the appeal for churchmen of his mass and social media following must actually be right. 

Because Jer is a terrible preacher. And he's not yet completed any religion-related education, and his work experience is also quite minor. Yet this is one of the most prominent evangelical Calvinist churches in the country. With a lot of influence and a respectable weekly attendance of over 9,000, as of 2010. And top dog MacArthur runs his own seminary. So there have got to be tons of qualified applicants, both from that seminary and elsewhere, fighting for those positions.

So it's either the suck-upness and the media following.....Or he's aware of where someone's buried bodies. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

(I would pay big money to watch him try out the masturbation sermon in an LA church even once.)

Opportunistic schemer that he is, he knows better. He'll preach whatever he thinks will help him climb the ranks to the big money. His preaching has nothing to do with personal religiosity. 

Calling it now--when he gets caught cheating,  he and Jinger will blame heathen L.A.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

Opportunistic schemer that he is, he knows better. He'll preach whatever he thinks will help him climb the ranks to the big money. His preaching has nothing to do with personal religiosity. 

Calling it now--when he gets caught cheating,  he and Jinger will blame heathen L.A.

Just the way he now blames spending a year or two in high school rather than at the SOTDRT for whatever devilish mischief he claims he got up to in the six or seven years after that. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder about that, too. Are you really going to move to the Los Angeles area without a job, while still in school, and with a baby.  

But if it's happened then my crazy hypothesis about Jer's excellent sucking-up ability and the appeal of his mass and the appeal for churchmen of his social media following must actually be right. 

Because Jer is a terrible preacher. And he's not yet completed any religion-related educated, and his work experience is also quite minor. Yet this is one of the most prominent evangelical Calvinist churches in the country. With a lot of influence and a respectable weekly attendance of over 9,000, as of 2010. And top dog MacArthur runs his own seminary. So there have got to be tons of qualified applicants, both from that seminary and elsewhere, fighting for those positions.

So it's either the suck-upness and the media following.....Or he's aware of where someone's buried bodies. 

Still, he will never be the next Joseph Prince!

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. This is not gonna end well. Did he make some kind of statement to his Laredo flock? Screw 'em, they're last season?

I can't wait for Jessa to realize she's a 3, max, in LA. 🙂

Quote

Calling it now--when he gets caught cheating,  he and Jinger will blame heathen L.A.

Oh, shoudl he get a MegaChurch of his own - he'll be the type that gets 75% of the female staff pregnant, then resigns in disgrace.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

JerJer better sleep with one eye open. I doubt the other guys at the seminary school (those with actual intellectual ability and preaching skills) are going to be too happy having this Duggar-come-lately sail in believing he’s got this all sewn up.

Hey, he got into People magazine, just with the story that he'll attend the church.

There's no chance any of the rest of them could get that level of publicity absent a couple dead girls and a live boy. And that wouldn't have so much of the desired affect.      ;  ) 

I'm sure he's trading heavily on a promised ability to attract crowds to the MacArthur enterprise. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

People in LA are pretty celebrity-proof. There are A-listers buying Red Bulls at 7-11s...who’s going to get up on a Sunday to go see a F-list-adjacent preach?

Some uber Christians might go...once. But that boy isn’t putting butts in the seats or money in the plates on any long term basis, no matter how cute his kid is.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, he got into People magazine, just with the story that he'll attend the church.

There's no chance any of the rest of them could get that level of publicity absent a couple dead girls and a live boy. And that wouldn't have so much of the desired affect.      ;  ) 

I'm sure he's trading heavily on a promised ability to attract crowds to the MacArthur enterprise. 

Though he didn't produce tangible results in Laredo.  It is puzzling.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

He did get his flock into an actual church. I guess his celebrity gets some credit for that, because his preaching sucks. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Okay so I’m spending much too much time on this, but it’s got to be a TLC spinoff he’s dangling in front of the church honchos. TLC is thinking Beverly Hillbillies remake (“Look, Baaabe! They have a cement pond!”), now with more scripture. 

Nothing else makes any sense unless he does have a pile of inherited money somewhere.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hey, people in LA are pretty celebrity-proof. There are A-listers buying Red Bulls at 7-11s...who’s going to get up on a Sunday to go see a F-list-adjacent preach?

Some uber Christians might go...once. But that boy isn’t putting butts in the seats or money in the plates on any long term basis, no matter how cute his kid is.

Yeah, but every church now is looking for something to put butts in seats. Younger butts, especially.

And a certain amount of desperation is building about that, as I understand it .... pretty much everywhere. So I doubt that MacArthur's enterprise is immune.

And I'm not talking about Jer-the-great-celebrity. I'm talking about the free publicity chances and the mass and social-media reach they would have through him that no other young seminarian could possibly duplicate. 

And when you've got two options for a hire -- a guy with all As in seminary and a guy who might sometimes get followed by a film crew so people in the congregation might get their left legs into a magazine... Which one will somebody choose today, whether they're in a big sophisticated city area or somewhere else? ....

Even if people are jaded about potentially seeing that leg of theirs in People magazine or in the background of a Duggar show shot, are they so excited about theology or Bible history that they'd say, "Oh, no, don't go for publicity, hire the theologian!" I doubt this. 

And Jer has more than his own mini-mass-media celebrity to offer. His and his wife's large social media following will expose the church to many more people than they'd get exposed to otherwise. There's no way in hell that the rest of the student body at The Master's Seminary could bring the church as many new social-media followers as the Duggar-Vuolos. 

And, honestly, having lived and worked in DC these many years, I'm not sure that all the people who claim to be jaded about celebrities are actually nearly as jaded as they claim. Many people who work here have run into political (and other) celebrities hundreds of times in their daily lives and still have a major jones for rubbing up against those people. .... Even other celebrities are attracted to celebrities. Just let some famous athlete testify on Capitol Hill and you'll see prominent senators -- some of whom have met thousands of celebrities in their lives -- with their tongues hanging out. 

Plus, we're not talking LA proper. We're talking about the massive suburban outskirts. And there's always been a very substantial contingent of conservative Protestants hanging out in that huge area. And many of them probably don't see any more celebrities than people in Illinois or Oregon do. 

And -- the alternative is somebody who was really good at seminary? ..... Now they may well pick such guys over Jer in the end....But if nobody in that church and seminary are intrigued by the possible presence of somebody who could get them more publicity and the eye of some social-media followers, then why do they seem to have encouraged suck-up Jer to come to LA in the first place?

And they clearly have -- because look at the pictures he published last week or the week before of Felicity meeting MacArthur and his wife .... Clearly there's an invite there. And, I would note, those pictures got MacArthur and his wife seen by at least hundreds of thousands of people, many of whom may not have heard of him before. And in the company of super-cute Felicity -- a setup totally inviting social-media shares, if you ask me....Felicity is very shareable, I think. A church can't buy that kind of publicity reach. Or not easily, anyway. 

Somebody in the MacArthur religious empire is interested in what Jer brings to the table. And as far as I can see, the only thing he brings is a social-media following and some potential to get everybody there mentioned or seen in social media and in some mass media, too. 

He has nothing else to offer them. And media connections of various kinds are certainly the only thing he has more of than the other guys at the seminary do. 

12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay so I’m spending much too much time on this, but it’s got to be a TLC spinoff he’s dangling in front of the church honchos. TLC is thinking Beverly Hillbillies remake (“Look, Baaabe! They have a cement pond!”), now with more scripture. 

Nothing else makes any sense unless he does have a pile of inherited money somewhere.

My guess is it's both. The inherited money could float him while he works these various angles, even if it's only several hundred thou. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, but every church now is looking for something to put butts in seats. Younger butts, especially.

And a certain amount of desperation is building about that, as I understand it .... pretty much everywhere. So I doubt that MacArthur's enterprise is immune.

And when you've got two options for a hire -- a guy with all As in seminary and a guy who might sometimes get followed by a film crew so people in the congregation might get their left legs into a magazine... Which one will somebody choose today, whether they're in a big sophisticated city area or somewhere else? ....

Even if people are jaded about potentially seeing that leg of theirs in People magazine or in the background of a Duggar show shot, are they excited about theology or Bible history? 

And Jer has more than his own mini-mass-media celebrity to offer. His and his wife's large social media following will expose the church to many more people than they'd get exposed to otherwise. There's no way in hell that the rest of the student body at The Master's Seminary could bring the church as many new social-media followers as the Duggar-Vuolos. 

And, honestly, having lived and worked in DC these many years, I'm not sure that all the people who claim to be jaded about celebrities are actually nearly as jaded as they claim. Many people who work here have run into political (and other) celebrities hundreds of times in their daily lives and still have a major jones for rubbing up against those people. .... Even other celebrities are attracted to celebrities. Just let some famous athlete testify on Capitol Hill and you'll see prominent senators -- some of whom have met thousands of celebrities in their lives -- with their tongues hanging out. 

Plus, we're not talking LA proper. We're talking about the massive suburban outskirts. And there's always been a very substantial contingent of conservative Protestants hanging out in that huge area. And many of them probably don't see any more celebrities than people in Illinois or Oregon do. 

And -- the alternative is somebody who was really good at seminary? ..... Now they may well pick such guys over Jer in the end....But if nobody in that church and seminary are intrigued by the possible presence of somebody who could get them more publicity and the eye of some social-media followers, than why so they seem to have encouraged suck-up Jer to come to LA in the first place?

And they clearly have -- because look at the pictures he published last week or the week before of Felicity meeting MacArthur and his wife .... Clearly there's an invite there. 

Somebody in the MacArthur religious empire is interested in what Jer brings to the table. And as far as I can see, the only thing he brings is a social-media following and some potential to get everybody there mentioned or seen in social media and in some mass media, too. 

He has nothing else to offer them. And media connections of various kinds are certainly the only thing he has more of than the other guys at the seminary do. 

Lots to think and talk about.  Since they don't move until the summer, that would be a good time for conjecture, which I look forward to.

I feel evil laughing that this announcement will dwarf Jessa's old news.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

If it is a TLC spinoff, Jinger better sleep with both eyes open.

Neither Jessa nor Michelle is going to take this sudden dethroning well.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If it is a TLC spinoff, Jinger better sleep with both eyes open.

Neither Jessa nor Michelle is going to take this sudden dethroning well.

And just when Meeechelle was clawing her way back on the show.....

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From their website:

22573CB3-DDAD-4D4E-9B55-EE683F677D20.jpeg

One of the hardest things we've ever done. Our friends here have become like family. Oh please...millions of people move to attend school/college with or without a spouse and a child. You are not that special Jeremy. And no mention of moving further away from your families. Reminds me of when Deredick and Jilly Girl left Danger America. They were so sad to leave their friends when in reality their "friends" were probably glad they left.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Judging from the houses Jer and Jingle stay at when they travel, they appear to have some very well-to-do friends. Is it possible someone at GCC is subsidizing them?

Maybe someone with a guest house off the patio or an apartment over the garage. Something modest but still attractive enough to look good on TV.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Maybe they can rent the house in Laredo for money. 

I was going to ask about the house and what becomes of it. I was going to suggest Ben and Jessa but it seems like they're not making much plans on moving anytime soon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Maybe someone with a guest house off the patio or an apartment over the garage. Something modest but still attractive enough to look good on TV.

That's what I was thinking or maybe a wealthy churchmember has an empty rental they're willing to lease to them for peanuts. Housing is going to be their biggest expense, so they have to be getting a deal from somewhere.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

We can be sure that during and after the move, there will be much fanfare along with a proliferation of carefully polished Instagram stories depicting their flawless  yet emotional experience taking the biggest step of their lives.  Unknown to the viewer that it's all subsidized by the church.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

I  will admit I find Jessa and her little boy bearded husband to be increasingly pathetic, with a third child arriving and what for income?

Omg yes! Those two are even worse off than Smug and Smuganna. Bin seems completely miserable. Three little sisters with real jobs, while he's tutoring the howlers. Jessa must be praying her ass off for twin girls to get a bit of attention back to her.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Has there been any congratulations from the other Duggars on social media about the announcement?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Has there been any congratulations from the other Duggars on social media about the announcement?

So far I've only seen Anna comment a congratulations. Tori Roloff invited them to their farm and Jinger agreed to visit.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently a lot of the Duggar fans think California and particularly L. A. are dens of inquity. The Hotel California if you will. It's more likely that "L. A. is great big freeway." 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Apparently a lot of the Duggar fans think California and particularly L. A. are dens of inquity. The Hotel California if you will. It's more likely that "L. A. is great big freeway." 

“In a week, maybe two, they’ll make you a star

The weeks turn into years, how quick they pass

and all the stars that never were

are parking cars and pumping gas.”

Somebody needs to play that song for Baabe about a hundred times.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Has there been any congratulations from the other Duggars on social media about the announcement?

So far, this is it:

22B95E19-9B09-46E7-938A-0A4B4694C7D6.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just can't see a spinoff working. Mom, Dad, and one baby. They have no friends, you can only film so much of his job, and she can only provide so much material. The baby is cute, but again, only so much can be filmed. The Bevuolo Hilibilly plotline only carries an episode or three before getting old. I guess having their families visit in waves is kind of entertaining? I'm thinking one season max, if it happens. Wait until Jer doesn't bring in the intended younger demo to the church. I'm sure 'God' will quickly lead the church to someone else.

Jer should ask Der what moving your family to an exotic new locale and ministry does for your reality TV career!

The Laredo house would be a good rental for any of the other-marrieds. It's a good escape house. Except Josh. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I think they'll sell the house and Laredo will soon be a distant memory.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The Laredo house would be a good rental for any of the other-marrieds. It's a good escape house. Except Josh. 

How would it be "a good rental?" What on earth would any of the Duggarlings and their spouses do in Laredo? I don't think JB owns any property or businesses there. It's a long haul from the TTH. Sure, maybe it would be a nice place to visit for a few days, but that doesn't require owning/renting a house. 

5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think they'll sell the house and Laredo will soon be a distant memory.  

Agreed. Jer was only in Laredo because he was sent there to plant that church. It was totally a career-based move. He never planned to even have his wife give birth in Laredo. I believe he'll be happy to wrap up that chapter in his life and move right along. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

How would it be "a good rental?" What on earth would any of the Duggarlings and their spouses do in Laredo? I don't think JB owns any property or businesses there. It's a long haul from the TTH. Sure, maybe it would be a nice place to visit for a few days, but that doesn't require owning/renting a house. 

You just answered your own question. Not that any of the others have been smart enough to try an escape the JB sphere of influence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Somebody is filling these churches. Granted TX, AR and the like have more conservative church goers, but every state has them.

I don't think Jeremy's pull to Los Angeles is the city, like others have posted, it's a school/career move. I'm guessing that after he graduates and kisses enough asses he'll try and find a home church somewhere in the east. Maybe Illinois, FL, PA or NY.

If nothing else Jeremy's moving and shaking sheds a different light on Ben and Derick.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He did get his flock into an actual church. I guess his celebrity gets some credit for that, because his preaching sucks. 

Well, the move into the actual church building in Laredo may or may not have had anything to do with Jeremy. I tend to think the evidence is slightly stronger for its not having anything to do with him. 

According to some blogs and stuff I found, remaining members of that mainline church's dwindling congregation were still trying and hoping to resuscitate the congregation into the second half of 2018. So the story with the building seems to be that for at least several years there's been a likelihood that it would eventually have to be given up. But it was actually not given up until sometime lateish last year. 

So, given how these things work, I'd say it's a near certainty that Conway has had his eye on that building for years as the home of his Laredo church but had to wait to see if he could get it. That church was mainline Presbyterian -- so, not evangelical, but Calvinist, so there's a link there that likely made it seem a reasonable fit for both churches. And then the opportunity finally came when the congregation finally threw in the towel after a long struggle. 

I don't see that Jer would have had anything to do with that. For starters, it's not clear whether he grew the Laredo congregation or not. Photos seem to suggest that he didn't or at least not by much but there aren't that many photos so who knows?

And there's virtually no visible evidence that he tried hard to build the congregation. Way back when they were first married, I remember one small set of social media pics of them passing out flyers for the church -- at one of the universities, maybe? But beyond that he's never mentioned anything that would seem like congregation growing (or even congregation fostering), or any evidence that he got himself or the church involved in any local church community or anything. There also seems to be little evidence that he tapped into Conway's main church all that much, once he'd been put out in Laredo. He certainly didn't mention doing it. 

Meanwhile, he's been all over John MacArthur and his enterprises...for a couple of years now. He's posted about MacArthur and MacArthur-related stuff over and over again. So it looks to me like that his ambition almost since he got to Laredo has been to shift his allegiance from Conway to MacArthur and go after the LA prize. The Laredo post and even the San Antonio church probably weren't much of a fit for his dreams, I expect, which would explain why he never said much about them and why he was out on the road so much instead. And in a way it didn't matter that much to the church. The Conway church seemed to have plenty of other young guys who could come out there and work in Jer's place. 

And then I'm completely sure that they never would have had Jer involved with any part of the business deal of getting access to the Presbyterian church. That would certainly have been done by Conway's own operation. That's a big church so they'd have at least some business staff. And he and others are connected in the area, so they'd know what the story was with congregations folding, merging and moving and buildings becoming available and such. The talks over possibly getting that building have probably gone on for a few years, at least, and that would have been done by the folks in San Antonio, not the young preacher who was just passing by. And the plan to move might well have been completely independent of whether the congregation was already growing or not. Being in the bigger, nicer, more church-y building could easily have been part of the plan to grow the church and make it more visible -- and not any result of the church actually growing before they got into that building. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 4
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×