Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Jeremy gets paid for appearing on Counting On as well. They've been married just about a year and he has appeared in almost every episode since before they were married. The internet estimates the Duggars are paid $25,000 - $45,000 per episode. Even if Jinger and Jeremy were getting a low estimate of $2500 each per episode (after dividing the pay with say, 10 others) that would be any where from $30,000 - $50,000 each, depending on how many of the 20 episodes that have been aired in 2017 they appeared in.  I wouldn't be surprised if they make over $75,000 a year combined from Counting On.

I don't understand the money situation at all.

That having been said, though, it's part of the Duggar brand to be "frugal." They may fly in a private plane, but you don't see a lot of pictures of them living high-on-the-hog. It's possible that a level of opulence is part of the brand that Jeremy is trying to cultivate. They are all at least adjacent to the "prosperity gospel" crowd, and that's a good place to be if you want to make money off of being a religious leader. 

Jeremy is clearly working on a brand that is distinct from the Duggars. They are an attractive young couple wearing new, fashionable clothes that fit them properly. They have moved away from the compound and have their own home. Jinger isn't pregnant, and they don' talk about that ALL THE TIME. They visit Jeremy's family regularly (when was the last time you saw the Seewald family in Jessa's SM?). Jeremy takes pride in his education and is photographed with books all the time. And, of course, they don't mind posting a photo of themselves ensconced in first class airplane seats.

I don't know where this is all going, but anything that gives the Duggar kids a window into the world outside the compound has to be good.

• Love 20

I don't care how much control you think you have over your child, if they are in the pilot seat of an airplane and you are the passenger, then they hold your life in their hands.  I would think even Jim Bob would recognize that. 

John David has training in a lot of marketable areas.  If Jim Bob were to legally prevent him from piloting the family plane tomorrow, I believe JD could easily be employed flying somebody else, or doing something else faster than Jim Bob could say "Grounded".

If Jeremy hits the big time preaching world, he can hire JD as the private pilot to the Vuolo empire!  ;-)

• Love 2

I agree with @leighdear that JB most likely does not have any financial control of any Counting On money for the adult married children.  Possibly not even the adult males living at home. I'm guessing he has some say in Jana's Counting On money with her being considered a lowly female under JB's headship. Other than Jana and recently Joe, the other 18 and olders don't appear on the show that often and seem to only do talking heads during wedding related episodes. I'm guessing they make much less than their married siblings per episode. 

Rather than hold the purse strings, I believe JB still has a strong hold on their 'mind strings'.

• Love 11

In my opinion, there is a major difference than flying a plane your father owns and working for someone else. Being a pilot means a person needs good people skills, and half way decent educational skills in otherwords not half a$$ home schooling math and reading skills taught by his mother. Yes, he did get his pilot license, but I have heard they are not hard to get. A person with decent vision, and some schooling could go out and get their pilot license, but it does not mean they have the basic skills to be employed by a major airlines, small flying transportation companies or even flying in the military. If JD could easily be employed by someone else why has he not tell daddy enough is enough and actually do it. JB has him right where he wants him because JD works for daddy and is only allowed to do certain careers because daddy approves his choices. I also seriously doubt Jeremy is going to hit it big time in the preaching world. In his mind, he thinks he will, but the real world thinks differently.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Rather than hold the purse strings, I believe JB still has a strong hold on their 'mind strings'.

Sure they could get up and leave one day but where will they go? What options have they been taught? Most importantly, what skills do they have to survive in the real world?

JB and Michelle control almost all their kids (and spouses) to a large degree. They've purposely kept them under-educated so that they require large amounts of remedial schooling if any of them decided they wanted to pursue something that pays a livable wage. Only a few of them passed the GED exam. They've instilled in them that outsiders are not to be trusted and you need an accountability buddy at all times. Every single one of them have been conditioned to the nth degree. JB and Michelle are just as bad as the Maxwell parents. They just happen to dress it up prettier than the Maxwells do.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, there is a major difference than flying a plane your father owns and working for someone else. Being a pilot means a person needs good people skills, and half way decent educational skills in otherwords not half a$$ home schooling math and reading skills taught by his mother. Yes, he did get his pilot license, but I have heard they are not hard to get. A person with decent vision, and some schooling could go out and get their pilot license, but it does not mean they have the basic skills to be employed by a major airlines, small flying transportation companies or even flying in the military. If JD could easily be employed by someone else why has he not tell daddy enough is enough and actually do it. JB has him right where he wants him because JD works for daddy and is only allowed to do certain careers because daddy approves his choices. I also seriously doubt Jeremy is going to hit it big time in the preaching world. In his mind, he thinks he will, but the real world thinks differently.

My cousin got his around age 12.  He isn't some brain trust.  He seems of average intelligence.  He just lucked out with wealthy parents who indulged his every whim.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kbo said:

Maybe TLC picks up the tab when they’re flying for the show?   I suppose technically they are the “talent”, such as it is. 

I was wondering if they get first class because it’s easier to film there. More room for cameras, and the network can absorb it as a business cost.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps the 1st class flights are due to frequent flyer miles? This family takes flights like most people take the train to work. That's all I got on that one.

Their flights seem to be on the crappy old crop duster planes they own.  No frequent flyers for that.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Jake looks like he wants to get away from Jeremy, I don't blame him.

The Duggers & the adjacents are not good with animals.  Run, run Jake far away. 

Hopefully after Jeremy's photo shot, the poor dog will be reunited with it's owner.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Sure they could get up and leave one day but where will they go? What options have they been taught? Most importantly, what skills do they have to survive in the real world?

JB and Michelle control almost all their kids (and spouses) to a large degree. They've purposely kept them under-educated so that they require large amounts of remedial schooling if any of them decided they wanted to pursue something that pays a livable wage. Only a few of them passed the GED exam. They've instilled in them that outsiders are not to be trusted and you need an accountability buddy at all times. Every single one of them have been conditioned to the nth degree. JB and Michelle are just as bad as the Maxwell parents. They just happen to dress it up prettier than the Maxwells do.

I wonder how the Duggars think they would cope in the real world. I know they think that everyone out in the big wide world is an evil drug dealer with a keen desire to corrupt innocent people (maybe even dance)  and lead them astray (especially all those heathen children in public schools), but I wonder if they know how few life skills their parents taught them. If Derick thinks he's been gainfully employed since he started school, maybe they think they'd do fine.

• Love 10

Jinger and Jeremy often fly to Arkansas. I can't imagine the flights are always full. Maybe they got bumped up to first class because the seats weren't filled. I can imagine Jeremy exaggerating his discomfort in a cramped seat because he's tall, in hopes they would move him.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rabbittron said:
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The wording reminds me of a 1st grade learn to read book.

I have a feeling that's deliberate ..... I believe he thinks that's the "cute and charming" aspect of his post. Why he would think that I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure that's his plan with this post. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I have a feeling that's deliberate ..... I believe he thinks that's the "cute and charming" aspect of his post. Why he would think that I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure that's his plan with this post. 

Yup, I think he was going for Dr Seuss-ness.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My cousin got his around age 12.  He isn't some brain trust.  He seems of average intelligence.  He just lucked out with wealthy parents who indulged his every whim.  

It probably would be more safer and more fun to let your cousin fly a person around than Constable Barney Fife aka Constable JD.

48 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It probably would be more safer and more fun to let your cousin fly a person around than Constable Barney Fife aka Constable JD.

My son is just finishing up The Basic School for his Marine Corps Officer program, and will be heading off for aviation training in January. When I think of the battery of testing - mental and physical - that he had to go through just to get accepted, and the months of training he's gone through for almost a year now without even starting the aviation portion of his schooling (which will be another 3 years), I have to wonder just how much the average person tootling around the sky in their little personal airplane really knows...

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My son is just finishing up The Basic School for his Marine Corps Officer program, and will be heading off for aviation training in January. When I think of the battery of testing - mental and physical - that he had to go through just to get accepted, and the months of training he's gone through for almost a year now without even starting the aviation portion of his schooling (which will be another 3 years), I have to wonder just how much the average person tootling around the sky in their little personal airplane really knows...

I wonder that too. JD has earned his instrument rating, however, apparently.

So that means that he has gone through a lot more training than many private pilots do. You can still be a sloppy pilot after studying to become instrument rated, of course.

But really how well you fly probably depends more on whether you're a reckless person, how seriously you continue to take all the details you studied to get your certifications, whether you really understand the seriousness of it. Like -- beware of bad weather, instrument-rated or not.

And, as with Jana, I'd say that it's just hard to tell with him, since there's so little evidence. It's certainly possible, I think, that both the twins just quietly decided as kids that they'd be different from the rest of their family -- more careful and responsible, more competent. But it's also possible that they didn't. I'd have to know him very very well before I'd fly with him. But I also think he could actually be a good pilot. It just depends on his attitude and work ethic, about which I believe we have no clue!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

First of all, thank your son for his service and good look with his training. I could not imagine or picture Jeremy or JD doing this especially JD with his lack of education and social skills. Yes, he can fly a plane, but a lot of people can go in and take the pilot test and get their license. In the case of Jeremy, he can blow his preaching hot air around until the cows come home, but he is not preacher material. The only way I would listen to him preach is by a gun to my head, blindfolded, gagged, ear plugs, and tied to the chair. Of course the snarking opportunity will be boundless, and the laughter and eye rolling would come into play.

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jeremy, just stop trying to be cute. You're lame. 

This is Jeremy. Jeremy is married to Jinger. Jeremy thinks he is funny. Jinger calls Jeremy Babe. Jeremy is sickening and not funny. Dog Jake is more smarter and funnier than Jeremy.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

This is Jeremy. Jeremy is married to Jinger. Jeremy thinks he is funny. Jinger calls Jeremy Babe. Jeremy is sickening and not funny. Dog Jake is more smarter and funnier than Jeremy.

Jake  probably has more common sense than all the Duggars combined.  I have a feeling Jake is much nicer too.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I feel the same about the average person who says they have firearm training. In the military they go through days of training before they can even hold a firearm. What most consider training here is just a warmup.

I do hope Jinger is catching up on her Dr. Seuss books though. I have a feeling she missed out in her childhood years.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I feel the same about the average person who says they have firearm training. In the military they go through days of training before they can even hold a firearm. What most consider training here is just a warmup.

I do hope Jinger is catching up on her Dr. Seuss books though. I have a feeling she missed out in her childhood years.

My husband and his older brother took one of his three younger sister out target shooting before she went in the Marine Basic Training. Once she got there, she was able to outshoot most of her fellow male recruits and officers. Some of the them said they did not want to go shooting with her again because she was too good. Imagine if she went up against a male Duggar in a shooting contest or just firearm practice. Their fragile male egos could not take the fact a heathen woman who was raised on an Indian Reservation and *gasp* was in the military at one time could out shoot them. I would laugh for a month to see any female outside the family take down a ego driven, hypocritical, bigoted, know it all like JB, Josh, Dwerp, Ben or Jeremy.

And speaking of the picture: Should it be For all concerned, not  For any concerned. Using correct English can be your friend Jeremy.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Be assured we'll welcome him warmly here to Pensacola when he arrives.  But with approx. a 20% washout rate for every class that comes through here, including pilots and NFO's, he's going to have a lot of competition. 

By the time they complete training, we taxpayers have spent about $340 thousand dollars to put him in the cockpit of a 19 million dollar F-16, for example. 

So yeah, that's a lot different from a Dugger spending between 8-10 grand to get a private license.  But then HE is paying the tab.  And if he wants to fly his family around, that just makes commercial flights less crowded. 

Jinger & Jeremy obviously like travelling, but I can't imagine how they get there and how much it costs is a big deal.  We taxpayers are certainly not paying for it.  One of the few things I ever liked about any of their shows was seeing the different places they traveled to.  I like that Jinger & Jeremy get out & about a lot.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

One of the few things I ever liked about any of their shows was seeing the different places they traveled to

Me too.  I had some hope for them actually being a bit more aware of the world around them, though I get the logistics of schlepping 19 kids and camera crews around got to be a bit much for anyone to do.  Now that there’s close to 10 grandkids and 5 spouses, it’s even more of a mess.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Me too.  I had some hope for them actually being a bit more aware of the world around them, though I get the logistics of schlepping 19 kids and camera crews around got to be a bit much for anyone to do.  Now that there’s close to 10 grandkids and 5 spouses, it’s even more of a mess.

True.  Probably the main reason I prefer watching Jinger & Jeremy is because they do NOT have kids yet, exhibit independence and have what I consider more interesting story lines open to them.  

None of the other marrieds or dependents hold any interest for me.  Even Joken are too unformed yet to get a read on anything other than him sweating and her giggling.   The real test for them will be if she's knocked up within the next month or so.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Be assured we'll welcome him warmly here to Pensacola when he arrives.  But with approx. a 20% washout rate for every class that comes through here, including pilots and NFO's, he's going to have a lot of competition. 

By the time they complete training, we taxpayers have spent about $340 thousand dollars to put him in the cockpit of a 19 million dollar F-16, for example. 

So yeah, that's a lot different from a Dugger spending between 8-10 grand to get a private license.  But then HE is paying the tab.  And if he wants to fly his family around, that just makes commercial flights less crowded. 

Jinger & Jeremy obviously like travelling, but I can't imagine how they get there and how much it costs is a big deal.  We taxpayers are certainly not paying for it.  One of the few things I ever liked about any of their shows was seeing the different places they traveled to.  I like that Jinger & Jeremy get out & about a lot.  

I am more impressed with a young man who is willing to go though tough training in order to learn to serve and protect people. JD is not paying the tab, his daddy is. Now if JD went out and brought his own planes and flew people who needed medical care but cannot afford air fare aka someone flying to a hospital for a transplant or flying much needed donors or organs to hospitals in order to save someone's life, I would be impressed. He is only being allowed to fly because JB is picking up the tab and allowing him to fly certain people around. That is far from joining the military and actually thinking of others and going though tough, extensive training. I would rather pay to help someone learn how to fly military planes because he is protecting me and willing to put his life on the line to do than be impressed by someone who is flying around people who want to take away rights of certain groups of people because they are part of a group of self righteous, hypocritical, hateful bigots.

Actually I would love one Duggar or sons-in-law to think of others and actually help them, but I have a better chance of training Sassy to be a hit cat for the CIA.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Thanks...and, yeah, they certainly do put the investments into them! We (well, except for me....I'm just along for the ride) are a bit of a military family. My husband did 39 years in the Navy (7 enlisted, the rest Officer), and my older son did about 10 years enlisted in the Marines. He (my son) didn't have a lot in the way of plans when first enlisting, but since he scored at the 99th percentile on the ASVABs, my husband told him to go for the longest school they had so that they would have to invest enough in him to protect him. My son's response, of course, was, "I joined so I wouldn't HAVE to go to school any more!". But Mr. Jyn had the last word, and the Jynlet, out of the service now, is now pulling in a solid six-figure salary in counter-cyber-espionage. And definitely feeling as though he has a part in the country's security!

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I couldn't agree more! Of all of the things I hate about the Duggars (and there are a lot), this could be number one.

I am not an evangelical Christian, but I do try to help others. I have friends who are devout Christians, who have really stepped up and done things that I might not have done: taking people into their homes, or taking a sabbatical from work to volunteer in Haiti. It's called "living your faith," and the Duggars don't do it AT. ALL. I have no idea why the humpers give them such a pass on this.

They don't work, they have money, they have tons of able-bodied hands, and they have a plane. They spent thousands of dollars sending the boys to ALERT so that they could learn disaster relief skills. Still, whenever there's a disaster, where are the Duggars? They're at home writing offensive SM posts about how much better they are than other people.

Did anyone go to Houston? Did they offer to shelter people in their warehouses? Did they utilize their grifting skills to get donations of food, water, and personal hygiene supplies to people in need? When Maria was looming off the coast of Florida, did they send their "trained" sons to help. Did they help seniors board up their homes? Did they help people clean up after the storm? Puerto Rico has been devastated, and a number of people have used their private planes to bring in food and water, and to carry sick people to hospitals on the mainland. Did the Duggars send their plane? Did the older Duggar sons (plus Derick, Ben, and Jeremy) fly over to this island with a load of Gothard-donated generators, and spend time helping to clear debris?

Why does anyone admire these people? They yammer about Jesus and have too many kids. How is that admirable? 

Beats the hell out of me.  I just don't get why any of their fawning fans praises these selfish, grifting, holier-than-thou Duggars and the dumbasses who marry into that fucked-up family.  Do they think that's their ticket to heaven?  

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If the Duggar clan ever gets into heaven, I would rather end up in hell.

Guess this is a score for atheism LOL. I don't really relish the thought  of sharing an eternity with the likes of the Duggars, but don't worry about the alternative scenario either...

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

OT, but congrats to your son and please tell him that with all the options open to college-educated young people these days I appreciate him choosing to serve his country. ❤️

OK, back OT!  I live in a state with a high proportion of private pilots licenses. I know some of the people who have these licenses, and what they had to do to earn them. It doesn't sound like it's particularly challenging or involved. 

• Love 1

Radar online is claiming Jinger is pregnant because a) she posted a picture in which her stomach looked "bumpy" (it didn't), b) before she and Jeremy got married she said she liked kids and wanted a family (duh, she's a Duggar, what else would she say), and c) she posed for a picture holding Jessa's baby (well that's the smoking gun - knocked up for sure). 

• Love 1

Wait! Is that how you tell you're pregnant? I held my baby cousin at a family brunch yesterday morning and I believe pictures were taken. To the pee stick closet! (She said with the level of sarcasm that can only be achieved before coffee).

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

So, is Jinger allowed to listen to real music now or did Jeremy write this post for her?

It sounds like something Babe would write about -  himself.

• Love 18