Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Me too since they are wearing hats INDOORS!!!

I wondered the same about JInge wearing a knit hat in Sydney. It was spring there, so almost certainly too danged warm for a thick knit hat. And now she's wearing hats indoors, too? Odd.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wondered the same about JInge wearing a knit hat in Sydney. It was spring there, so almost certainly too danged warm for a thick knit hat. And now she's wearing hats indoors, too? Odd.

The South Island of New Zealand isn't the warmest place on earth. I don't know where the quake was but they had to cut their trip short.

10 hours ago, Marigold said:

Must be sex hair. 

No other explanation.  ;)

Yeah. I might wonder whether they're people who lose too much heat through the tops of their heads. But I don't think their brains work hard enough for that.

• Love 9

Jinger seems pretty low key.  

Jeremy is not.  He is a pastor and by the nature of the job, he needs to get his (gospel) message out there to the people.  What better platform than to use the Duggar fame to build a following. His sermons are all on Youtube now so you can see, he is not media shy. Not to mention he was a soccer player so he is comfortable with the public. 

I doubt they will film a toilet birth but those two will be in the media, hopefully with a bit more reserve. Both Jeremy and Jinger seem a bit classier than the rest of the Duggar crew. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Not to mention he was a soccer player so he is comfortable with the public. 

C'mon now.  He played in Scandanavia and the US.  Neither qualifies him as being "comfortable with the public", because they generally draw less than a Texas high school football game.  In the rain.  For two non-playoff teams.

• Love 14

I'm sure Jinger's thing with hats has to do with something like Jeremy told her he thought she looked good in her hat once. She probably wears it to bed now. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 15

Parts of Jeremy's sermon as quoted by the Inquisitir.  Not sure about the alcohol quote, cuz isn't that the point of drinking alcohol, to at least get a little buzz?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3820569/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-shares-birthday-message-for-his-wife-preaches-about-women-wearing-pants/

“It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers,” Jeremy said.  “But it is your liberty as to whether you dress modestly with a modest pair of pants, or with a skirt, or with a T-shirt, or with a blouse,” Jeremy continued.

“It is your liberty if you’d like to enjoy alcohol to an extent that does not alter you state of mind.”

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Parts of Jeremy's sermon as quoted by the Inquisitir.  Not sure about the alcohol quote, cuz isn't that the point of drinking alcohol, to at least get a little buzz?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3820569/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-shares-birthday-message-for-his-wife-preaches-about-women-wearing-pants/

“It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers,” Jeremy said.  “But it is your liberty as to whether you dress modestly with a modest pair of pants, or with a skirt, or with a T-shirt, or with a blouse,” Jeremy continued.

“It is your liberty if you’d like to enjoy alcohol to an extent that does not alter you state of mind.”

Glad to see that, like his new in-laws, he's deeply concerned with only the most important matters.

What a load of horse hockey. And what a strange pretentious-while-also-dumb way of talking, too. They all think they're mimicking the King James translators, I guess.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

It is my liberty to tell this ignorant young twerp to go to his room and don't come out until he's learned to show some respect to his fellow humans.

2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

It's my liberty to do whatever the F I want, jackass. 

Kind of makes me want to gather some friends and attend his church dressed like hoochies. 

• Love 20
52 minutes ago, zoomama said:

actually, i received his words differently. i was impressed, if you will, that he gave permission for the ladies to wear pants and blouses.  to me, that's a big step up.

For Jinger, maybe ...

• Love 8

FU, Jeremy. I'm sitting here in the heaviest turtleneck/semi-cowl cable knit sweater I own  with a pair of skinny jeans as seen on good Christian girls. But because I don't believe as he does, I would still be deemed immodest. 

But at least we now know Jinger's headship has given her permission to wear pants. At best, I guess we can hope she pulls an Alyssa Bates Webster, wearing jeans in Laredo, but skirting up when she visits the Compound.

• Love 4

I'm not touching the pants comment but I took the alcohol one to simply means drink in moderation, which really is a pretty innocuous thing to say. And fairly practical, if you figure that most of his audience are folks that haven't drunk before and are therefore at higher risk for binging.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

actually, i received his words differently. i was impressed, if you will, that he gave permission for the ladies to wear pants and blouses.  to me, that's a big step up.

Well, it's a compared-to-what situation, certainly. When you think of it in terms of the horrendous Duggar shit, it is an improvement.

But I submit that, were it not for the Duggar shit being broadcast constantly to our suggestible asses, few of us would have normalized it to the degree we have, here in the 21st century. And if we were as horrified by the Dugg crap as I think we ought to be, then Jer's teeny tiny itsy bitsy movement away from it would seem not like something good-- for anybody -- but something only very very very marginally less abysmal.  (Plus the fact that isn't his difference from them, I think, but simply the different raising he had from his parents. He didn't come into this a Duggar, so all he's doing is following his family's pattern, not striking out against Jim Bob's and Gothard's horrors. He was never part of them.)

What most bugs me about it, though, is his preaching it in a church. Cause, yeah, I'm sure that, out of all the aspects of human behavior that are troubling, the God of the whole universe would pick this out as the stuff pastors ought to be concentrating on. Not.

To me, this is the sermon not of somebody with any real godly, spiritual or reasonable perspective, but the whining arrogance of some two-bit idiot who's for some reason terrified of his own sexual impulses and everybody else's. And who can't think beyond that pubescent obsession to realize that there's a hell of a lot of important stuff that maybe he ought to be talking about. A big dumb arrogant weenie who imagines that his obsessions are God's obsessions, in other words.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
32 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think Jeremy enjoyed drinking in his college days and doesn't want to totally give it up, so he makes this statement about moderate alcohol drinking. Convenient.

Not at home, but around the non-fundie members of his family, I suppose. We Italians like our vino, and a glass or two at dinner doesn't hurt anyone. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, zenme said:

I think Jeremy enjoyed drinking in his college days and doesn't want to totally give it up, so he makes this statement about moderate alcohol drinking. Convenient.

he's a born again virgin (well he was ) , of course he's now lecturing everyone . That's what born again nutters do .

• Love 9

Now that we've had our say, I wonder if Jeremy's in-laws heard/read this sermon. Remember Mechelle's little convenience store protest when Josie was having life or death abdominal surgery at eight days old? 

Priorities, priorities. I hope they DO see/hear it and that they both turn red-faced in anger as they realize that this guy is actually too liberal to be a full-fledged Duggar. Jeremy won't be preaching that sermon in a Duggar church.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I see this as kind of good. Hear me out. He doesn't think drinking is a sin....unless you get drunk which. I mean, what's the point lol, but still. And he doesn't think wearing pants makes you a slut. Me thinks Jim Boob might have shit himself reading that.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Now that we've had our say, I wonder if Jeremy's in-laws heard/read this sermon. Remember Mechelle's little convenience store protest when Josie was having life or death abdominal surgery at eight days old? 

Priorities, priorities. I hope they DO see/hear it and that they both turn red-faced in anger as they realized that this guy is actually too liberal to be a full-fledged Duggar. Jeremy won't be preaching that sermon in a Duggar church.

Late to the party.  What convenience store protest?   If the discussion is too off topic, no further conversation is necessary.

• Love 1

Very quickly w/r/t the protest, there was a city council meeting in Springdale or Tintitown regarding licensing a convenience store about a mile from the compound to sell beer and wine. Mechelle thought protesting the sale of booze was more important than Miracle Josie's digestive tract surgery. 

I figured Jeremy was a teetotaler, and he may well be one. However, you can gain more parishioners by not being so legalistic. That said, he IS being legalistic in his clothing remarks. He's just saying it more gently than most of his fundie brethren.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Very quickly w/r/t the protest, there was a city council meeting in Springdale or Tintitown regarding licensing a convenience store about a mile from the compound to sell beer and wine. Mechelle thought protesting the sale of booze was more important than Miracle Josie's digestive tract surgery. 

I figured Jeremy was a teetotaler, and he may well be one. However, you can gain more parishioners by not being so legalistic. That said, he IS being legalistic in his clothing remarks. He's just saying it more gently than most of his fundie brethren.

Thank you.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I would've been on board with Jeremy's statement if he hadn't included the "seductive clothing" bit. Yeah, it's great that Jeremy is cool with pants and a glass of Pinot, but he also still believes women defraud men through the way they dress. Because of that he remains in my douche canoe file.

I agree! Men don't have the right to tell women they don't know what they can't wear, just because it bothers them. If I wear a tank top and see Jeremy, do I care if he secretly judges me? No. Do I care if he would disapprove of his future daughter wearing it? No. Do I even care if he is less than friendly towards me? Big NOPE. He just doesn't have the right to demand I change. And if he had said it in a positive way, like, "wearing modest clothes is preferable," that even would have been fine by me. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I see this as kind of good. Hear me out. He doesn't think drinking is a sin....unless you get drunk which. I mean, what's the point lol, but still. And he doesn't think wearing pants makes you a slut. Me thinks Jim Boob might have shit himself reading that.

I wish this were so.

To me, though, it just shows that he's actually a Duggar through and through, despite his very slight differences in wardrobe and drink choices. After all, what does he consider the highest project of super-Christians? -- Proclaiming self-righteously how people should conduct the most mundane aspects of their lives to avoid being evilly seduced into sex (Horrors!!!!) by slutty out-of-control women. Ah, yes, that's what churches should preach on. You watch your dressing, slutty out-of-control women, lest you tempt your long-suffering brothers! That's barely a paraphrase. It's what he said, plain and simple.

And that's Jim Bob and Gothard to a tee, if you ask me. It's slightly modernized. But modernizing and normalizing the Duggs so the world thinks they're just like the rest of us has been Jim Bob's project for years now, in his pursuit of TLC dollars. Note the unchastised morphing of Jessa from a Little House on the Prairie chick to a duck-lipped, sultry-eyed, swaybacked nipple-and-navel-exhibiting fundie hottie in her endless selfies. I don't see how this little rant by Jer is any more real progress than Jessa's altered-to-look-cooler-by-21st-century-standards dress sense.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wish this were so.

To me, though, it just shows that he's actually a Duggar through and through, despite his very slight differences in wardrobe and drink choices. After all, what does he consider the highest project of super-Christians? -- Proclaiming self-righteously how people should conduct the most mundane aspects of their lives to avoid being evilly seduced into sex (Horrors!!!!) by slutty out-of-control women. Ah, yes, that's what churches should preach on. You watch your dressing, slutty out-of-control women, lest you tempt your long-suffering brothers! That's barely a paraphrase. It's what he said, plain and simple.

And that's Jim Bob and Gothard to a tee, if you ask me. It's slightly modernized. But modernizing and normalizing the Duggs so the world thinks they're just like the rest of us has been Jim Bob's project for years now, in his pursuit of TLC dollars. Note the unchastised morphing of Jessa from a Little House on the Prairie chick to a duck-lipped, sultry-eyed, swaybacked nipple-and-navel-exhibiting fundie hottie in her endless selfies. I don't see how this little rant by Jer is any more real progress than Jessa's altered-to-look-cooler-by-21st-century-standards dress sense.

Yeah I totally see what you are saying now that I've had a chance to read it over a few times 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Yeah I totally see what you are saying now that I've had a chance to read it over a few times 

I truly am sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings! When I read it the first time, I was confused by it. And then I read it a few more times and realized that I was confused because I didn't want him to be blaming women for leading their "brothers in Christ" astray by their clothing. But that, unfortunately, is exactly what he's doing. He actually says it pretty blatantly. But then he distracts us by mentioning pants and tee shirts, which sounds rational. I keep wishing these guys who marry in and didn't start out Gothard will somehow resist being Gothard. But this is exactly the same misogynist crap! He just hides it better. ... And as I think of it, hiding it actually seems to me to be worse!

Jinge, Baaaabe is a big stealth misogynist. Merry Christmas. yeesh.

• Love 8

In response to the post regarding announcements (which I now need to quote because a post snuck in between), we all know how the Duggar PR Junket works. They will withhold SOME announcement for 1/16, when the Jinger pre-wedding airs. I suspect it will be Joy's engagement, which has either already happened or will happen during the Duggars' NYE extravaganzapalooza. If Jinger gets knocked up, they can save that announcement for one of their "very special announcements" that are made during commercial breaks near the end of an episode. During February Sweeps, of course. 

eta: I still think Boob and Mechelle will be seething, only because they don't see things beyond surface level. They will poo-poo the pants stuff because misogyny, but I think that the alcohol statement will have them throwing stuff at whatever device they use to watch his sermon. Because booze. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

eta: I still think Boob and Mechelle will be seething, only because they don't see things beyond surface level. They will poo-poo the pants stuff because misogyny, but I think that the alcohol statement will have them throwing stuff at whatever device they use to watch his sermon. Because booze. 

From your keyboard to God's ear. I'm all for anything that makes JB and M unhappy. They deserve every bit of unhappiness they can get.

• Love 5

I'm generally more like Jana. It basically takes a bribe to get my husband into khakis, and a wedding or funeral (we have the former coming in June) to get him into a suit. And the suit he has is 15 years old. He's not that much heavier, but suits have changed. Okay, I want him to get a new suit because it's fucking time! 

Oh dear. Trust that I will get him into something that defrauds me. I just bought a dress (akin to his suit) that is Duggar modest, but I still have to self tan my legs or blind people. No way I succumb to pantyhose! 

• Love 4

“It is not your liberty, women, to wear sensual, seductive clothing that is designed to draw the attention of your brothers,” Jeremy said.

Which is why all the girls have to wear street clothes to sleep.

• Love 6

Since someone asked we should have the true story. What Michelle did was go to an abc board meeting in Little Rock that took a couple of hours tops for her to speak. It wasn't while Josie had surgery and she didn't leave town.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I keep wishing these guys who marry in and didn't start out Gothard will somehow resist being Gothard. But this is exactly the same misogynist crap! He just hides it better. ... And as I think of it, hiding it actually seems to me to be worse!

Jinge, Baaaabe is a big stealth misogynist. Merry Christmas. yeesh.

Me too Churchhoney! Then again, have you ever heard a guy who doesn't hold some pretty disturbing views of women and "their place" applaud his future bride for being "meek".

Funny how fundie guys are never complimented for their meekness. Last time I checked the Beatitude wasn't "Blessed are the meek wives for they will be complimented in the media" and yet...

• Love 10