Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The shop did Jill's or hired a seamstress to do it.  They were very proud of how well it turned out.  ;)

And they were seriously deluded. :D I thought I remembered the frenzy when her dress arrived via UPS, so I assumed this was the case, but with the Duggars, who the hell knows much of the time? Especially given what Jana was forced to do to Mechelle's MOB dress and the bridesmaids' dresses. 

13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

8296793c2f4b7642c72dd96dffbdebad.jpg                  5620a65c92b01cd68dd720318675ffe0.jpg

No way either of these are even on Duggar Radar. The cardigans aren't helping w/r/t "modesty." In fact, with the blue dress, quite the opposite. LOL

3 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

A wedding kimono/cocoon for Jinger! She'll feel super safe and super modest beneath several layers of fabric wrapped around her. 

Wedding_kimono.jpg

The material and print are very pretty but no way would it pass Gothard's dress code.

39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I will bet you that NONE of this will happen! She MAY step up to ballet flats, which is more than either of her sisters wore (even Jessa at a bloody NOVEMBER wedding). Fundie girls tend to wear their hair down, although I've seen some cute half-up stuff out there from fundie-lites of late As for earrings, don't bet against those horrible doorknockers they all seem to favor these days. Eyeliner? Not going anywhere! It's not like they're going to hire a professional makeup artist when JESSA is there! 

You're mean. (Just kidding).

16 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

This is pretty but it's too simple for my taste for a formal wedding.  Maybe something a little more dramatic, but still in a subtle way.

Let's be honest. Can we really call ANY of the Duggar weddings we've seen "formal?" Maybe Smuggar's (I think they wore tuxes?). Any wedding that consists of a parking lot reception can NOT (IMO, MMV) be considered to be formal. And what about that business of running out of the church during the recessional? To the Arkansas fight song? That's about as INformal as it gets. Did Ben even wear a suit jacket? I can't remember. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

She'll probably have to do the veil to keep up with her newfound meek reputation but I'm guessing the actual alter kiss will be done well since Jeremy knows how. Wouldn't be that surprised it they have actually done that already (beyond Jill's tattle tale view).  If one of her sister's is pregnant Jana is going to be busy with alterations.  Michelle, along with Jessa and Jill, will suddenly 'be reminded' of their own weddings and post endless memories of them and try to steal Jinger's thunder.

God, I spelled altar-alter.  Pray for me.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Defrauder said:

No way would Jinger wear anything but a white or slightly off white wedding dress and/or sweater.  I'm going to guess that she'll choose a pastel color for the brides maids.  A pastel pink or lavender - meek colors to go with her new meek personality.

I'm sorry but I hate the word 'meek'.  It reminds me of how you would describe a dog. If a guy said I was meek,  I'd be none too pleased.  Of course,  meek is a compliment in fundie circles. 

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Let's be honest. Can we really call ANY of the Duggar weddings we've seen "formal?" Maybe Smuggar's (I think they wore tuxes?). Any wedding that consists of a parking lot reception can NOT (IMO, MMV) be considered to be formal. And what about that business of running out of the church during the recessional? To the Arkansas fight song? That's about as INformal as it gets. Did Ben even wear a suit jacket? I can't remember. 

Point taken, right you are.  I guess I was just dreaming.

Oh, Ben wore a coat, but I'm pretty sure his attendants were in those denim shirts and suspenders (eta: I found pictures, and I'm right). At least Derick's attendants (admittedly about half the size of Benessa's contingent) wore suits. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
4 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

I'm sorry but I hate the word 'meek'.  It reminds me of how you would describe a dog. If a guy said I was meek,  I'd be none too pleaded.  Of course,  meek is a compliment in fundie circles. 

Same here.  I think in fundie-land women are proud to be called meek.  Which is ironic, but so are they.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Defrauder said:

No way would Jinger wear anything but a white or slightly off white wedding dress and/or sweater.  I'm going to guess that she'll choose a pastel color for the brides maids.  A pastel pink or lavender - meek colors to go with her new meek personality.

She'll choose pastel because pastels are completely wrong for a late fall or winter wedding. The Duggars never hit the mark on anything when it comes to fashion. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, queenanne said:

There's a good explication of meekness here from folks who appear to have read the New Testament in Greek, like so:

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/questions/2/what-does-meek-mean-in-matthew-55

I would copy and paste the clinchers, but it's all kind of interesting to me.

I love words. The OED uses the words "easily imposed on" while they cite the OED origin: "Middle English me(o)c (also in the sense 'courteous or indulgent'), from Old Norse mjúkr 'soft, gentle'."  

I prefer your Greek. Wonder what happened between then and that ^^^

I might have to video up the Duggs' weddings. They have to be less enervating than that dreary Counting On

For research only! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

My mother always said to keep a mirror near the door and stand in the light of the open door and see what shows on the mirror.  It has saved me a few times.

I should have had your mom's advice before several events I have attended. My husband had to stand in front or in back of me for one entire outdoor party I thought would be indoors! They saw Paris and France!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

That's really the best dress for Jinger I've seen so far.  Most of the ones people are picking for her look pretty hideous to me.   I actually like the pinkish print bridesmaid dresses with the pinkish/peachish sweaters.

ETA:  I checked the tumblr again and the "see through" photo is not there for me.

7 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

I missed it, but are the tumbler pictures mirrors of what is on the Duggar blog?  Curious how someone got the exclusive who has "Disgusted by the Duggars" on the banner.

It's there. It is the top pic to the right. It only shows the top half the picture until you click on it.

I like the Allure gowns the best especially the back of them with all the tiny buttons.  But Jin would have to wear her up to show off the back which I don't see her doing.  Also looks a little tight which may not pass the Duggar modesty test (unless you are pregnant.)  Hopefully with a fall wedding she will choose something that already has sleeves in it so they won't have to be added on.  Jill's dress was a monstrosity.  I don't think it fit her figure correctly even before they added the modesty handiwork to a strapless gown. The bust area just seemed to be out of whack.  The dress shop people are probably asking themselves why they just don't pick a modest dress to begin with (sleeves, higher necklines) than trying to add on to a strapless gown that so many Fundies seem to favor. And hopefully she'll lighten up on the eyeliner & ditch the doorknocker earrings (great description Sew Sumi)  Side note - I recently saw a picture of someone famous wearing those style earrings but forgot who it was. I was just shocked this person would wear that style.  

Someone asked about if married sisters are allowed in each others weddings.  I don't think it's a problem as a pregnant Jilly Muffin was in Jessa's as well as Anna (SIL)was in Jill's.

What kind of shoes did Jessa wear at her wedding?  Which little girls are  in Jin's buddy group?  Thinking of who she'll choose as flower girl or junior bridesmaid.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

What kind of shoes did Jessa wear at her wedding?  Which little girls are  in Jin's buddy group?  Thinking of who she'll choose as flower girl or junior bridesmaid.

Ballet flats, which were a perfect choice for her gown.  Gothard girls know their shoes.

I've been very fond of clothes and fashion since a young age.  I am loving the wedding dress shopping for Jinger on this thread! I didn't realize how many beautiful options she has. You all have set the bar very high and I will be bitterly disappointed if she walks down the aisle sporting a tee shirt/strapless gown ensemble.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't think Jing is going to have a lot of choices. The bottom line is that the dress will have to be comped or JimBoob will have to shell out money, and we know how he feels about opening his wallet.

The dress will be comped (TLC probably already contacted Allure Bridals; where are they located? Could it be New York?) but they'll have to pick one off the rack. We all know how the Duggars love those short engagements.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Jinger is so tiny and frail that she'll easily be able to fit into those ridiculously small sample dresses. 

Jessa was about that size herself when she got married...Wouldn't it be just like them to lose the weight before the wedding just to be able to score a good deal (or comp) on a sample-size dress off the rack?

On 8/11/2016 at 7:42 PM, TaxNerd said:

I dunno, this family is pretty good at coverups.  They could easily say they got married in NY and just said engaged for the show, or that Jim Bob married the two in a private ceremony, etc.  

But no way she is preggo, Jinger is 100% playing her part as the dutifully daughter.

I didn't know JimBob was an ordained minister!  Wow!  His talents are limitless!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I didn't know JimBob was an ordained minister!  Wow!  His talents are limitless!

Just make 100 monthly payments of $100 to Duggargamily.com and you too can be ordained!*

*ordainment not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, Hell, or around people with an IQ > 55.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Just make 100 monthly payments of $100 to Duggargamily.com and you too can be ordained!*

*ordainment not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, Hell, or around people with an IQ > 55.

Don't give him any ideas!

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jessa was about that size herself when she got married...Wouldn't it be just like them to lose the weight before the wedding just to be able to score a good deal (or comp) on a sample-size dress off the rack?

Jinger didn't have the weight to lose. 

Disclaimer: My ass has its own zip code. 

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Probably not- most sample sizes in are actually size 12-14 in bridal. They aren't anywhere near that size

I think this is the best look we've had of Jinger's ring. So, it's a princess cut in white gold. Sorry for the sucky filter; the little girls who run this page deleted tons of pictures and only post in this awful framey filter now. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think this is the best look we've had of Jinger's ring. So, it's a princess cut in white gold. Sorry for the sucky filter; the little girls who run this page deleted tons of pictures and only post in this awful framey filter now. 

Mr. Jinger needs a manicure.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's a nice meek ring. Everything about Jinger from now on is going to be meek.  Jeremeek.

• Love 6

Most diamond rings are pretty.  Many are beautiful.  Some are nice,  others are gaudy and terrible.  When I think of a gaudy ring I think of Michelle's anniversary/mother's ring that JB made for her.  Jinger's ring is nice, meek, tasteful.

• Love 1