Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Sound The Alarm

The creation of Wayward Pines is recalled when Rebecca thinks back to meeting with Pilcher as an architect. Meanwhile, a secret shocks Theo; Teresa reveals to CJ and Adam her desire to live outside the protected walls; and Megan experiments on a captured female.

Retcon, retcon, retcon. It's like they are just ignoring Season one and rewriting the story however they want. Now, suddenly the Abbies are able to be captured and are docile? I seriously don't get it.  Last season, they were so dangerous no one could be outside the gate. In 3 years, everything has changed? argh

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Retcon, retcon, retcon. It's like they are just ignoring Season one and rewriting the story however they want. Now, suddenly the Abbies are able to be captured and are docile? I seriously don't get it.  Last season, they were so dangerous no one could be outside the gate. In 3 years, everything has changed? argh

It's like they completely forgot that Pilcher had hair before he was frozen.

• Love 7

So Pilcher approached Rebecca to design WP the town -- and for some reason he didn't have a full head of hair -- despite the fact that we know he was thawed out with a full head of hair.  WTF ?

WP really isn't screaming out awesome architectural design.  They basically rebuilt over the pre-existing town.

Kerry makes the call not to kill the female Abbie -- cause I'm thinking WP security just loves killing so much it's hard not to pull the trigger on an Abbie.

Theo was aware of what Rebecca was designing before he was taken, but not what the true purpose was, because Theo knew about the Biergarten.

Margaret the female Abbie gets a smock that she doesn't shred to pieces, and when Hypnoteacher examines her hand to show that symbol Margaret was very cooperative.  Dennis and Max seem to be a little too calm.

Rebecca gets the bird's eye view of the future WP, and gets to meet Team Pilcher including Hypnoteacher.  Hypnoteacher is a little too overboard praising Rebecca's designs.

Jason wants help from Rebecca to find the hole that Margaret the Abbie used to make it inside the fence, as Rebecca apparently designed the fence.  So they planned this fence before they even knew of the existence of Abbies.  

Why are there his and hers Game of Life posters in the Procreation suite ?  I still don't get the whole process on the poster -- K seems to be sperm, P is kissing.

Kerry goes to see Dr. Theo, and Arlene seems a little snippy.  Kerry talks to Theo while remounting Pilcher's picture back on the wall. Theo talks Kerry into letting him lead the research into the Abbies.  Jason Patric looks dramatically different this episode compared to last episode.

Hypnoteacher completely ignores Theo's orders and takes spinal fluid from Margaret the Abbie anyway -- and Margaret doesn't even flinch during the process.

Pilcher and Hypnoteacher do the hard sell about what WP is really all about, but Rebecca really isn't into it.  So they took her anyway.  How much time passed from when she said no until she was taken in Hawaii ?

Theresa is really mopey all episode, and continues to blame Hassler.  Hassler cops to the fact that he wanted Ethan gone so that he could keep Theresa to himself.

After his failed procreation attempt, Frank gets a consult from Dr. Theo who determines Frank might be gay, but Frank tells Theo that if he can't reproduce they'll kill him.

Xander tells Theo that he's married to Rebecca, they were married for a year and haven't been together for 6 months.  Theo drops his weeding ring, punches Xander, and leaves.  We still don't know how long ago Rebecca was unthawed ? Has it been less than 3 years ?

Lucy and Frank have a heart-to-heart on the roof of WPA.

Hypnoteacher gives a little history to Margaret the Abbie -- Hypnoteacher describes how she survived Invasion Day.  How did the Abbies not devour her ?  She was swarmed by them.

Theresa can just walk into the woods and get eaten by Abbies already.  Enough with the sob story and the tears. FFS !!
And she tells Hassler she can never forgive him.  Oh noooess !! What will Hassler do ?

Theo strolls home, checks on Rebecca sleeping on the couch, and leaves.

Rebecca wakes up on a couch in house with Xander.  Notices her bagged personal possessions and recognizes parts of the town she designed while they go for a drive.

A hundred or so Abbies arrive "suddenly" outside the fences near all the crops -- hold on, I thought they had thermal sensors going out 30 miles. So how did a hundred Abbies show up undetected, carrying torches no less, that close to the fence without being detected.  Was no one monitoring the sensors ?

The Abbies have mastered fire.  Seriously ?  And show tactical skills by coordinating their attack on the corn field and then all pausing outside the fence.  Is the female controlling them all via telepathy ?  Are the females uber brilliant ?  Are the female Abbies all descendants of McArthur genius grant winners ? But telepathy doesn't equal intelligence, since someone has to know the knowledge to do things like make fire.  Or can they read humans too ?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, riverheightsnancy said:

I can sort of buy that the abbies can be somewhat docile, because we didn't spend all that much time with them last season. We always saw them at their worst, it's not unbelievable that they have a calmer side. I don't get why they disappeared and reappeared though, or how Margaret ended up in town with no one noticing. 

I like hearing that Pilcher was actually wrong about something (the abbies being gone in 2,000 years). But then why did they need a secluded spot with a fence to build the new town?

The whole forcing teens into procreation rooms is stupid. If you tell a kid they have to have sex they won't want to do it. Especially if you give them charts to follow. Just let them be normal teenagers, but never teach them about what a condom is. Have school dances with dark rooms and slow music. Let them have parties with lots of alcohol. 

• Love 6

Did the brilliant scientist Pilcher not have any clue or make plans for the fact that a certain % of the population will be homosexual? Or was the plan really to kill anyone who turned out to be gay or lesbian? If that's the case I guess the vaguely Nazi imagery makes even more sense.

Just in case you didn't realize that Jason was the villain, he traded in his Brownshirt uniform for all black, featuring a black turtleneck. Or maybe he's actually just a big Andy Warhol fan.

• Love 7
(edited)

Two virgins in a bright room, with that stupid "Birds Do It" song blaring, and pictures of Pilcher staring at them, are supposed to go at it like rabbits? Hey, lower the lights, put on some Barry White, and give them a six pack! :-)

Margeret looked like a female Vin Diesel. Maybe she was looking for a date in WP. She was probably sick of the male Abbies' drooling and bad teeth.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

And more questions

Why did they think it necessary to put the warning "Caution - Stay Back" on the Abbie cages?  Is there someone in town that isn't aware of their capabilities?  Or, maybe they imported an attorney who advised them to do it to avoid liability.

Pilcher asks Rebecca to design a town, and she incorporates features that are totally useless in 4000.  Garages, street layouts, etc. all point to 2016.

4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

K seems to be sperm, P is kissing.

I was thinking that K was kissing, and P was penetration.  No idea on the other initials, yet.   Guessing the code is really the only thing interesting in the series so far.  Drinking game!

Margaret the Abbie looked like she had a "Kill me now" expression on her face while Megan rambles on about her husband.

• Love 8

I'm amazed that it didn't occur to Jason Patrick that they would just keep going with the experiments after he left.

No one is wondering why the abbie is being so calm?

That poor kid. He's gay and they're pressuring him to have sex and impregnate random female.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hey Littleiggy....A suspend belief/reality moment....Am I the only one who noticed that "Margaret" suspiciously looks like Ben without the moptop??? Maybe he/she is the new evolution in the Abby evolution...and the tattoo in his palm is the sign of his superiority over the rest of them...Could add a whole new dimension to the show....Also since they've now introduced the "gay" character....maybe Ben is transgender....(?)

Edited by Chaiboy
I forgot to add something
  • Love 2
  11 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

And more questions

Why did they think it necessary to put the warning "Caution - Stay Back" on the Abbie cages?  Is there someone in town that isn't aware of their capabilities?  Or, maybe they imported an attorney who advised them to do it to avoid liability.

Pilcher asks Rebecca to design a town, and she incorporates features that are totally useless in 4000.  Garages, street layouts, etc. all point to 2016.

11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

K seems to be sperm, P is kissing.

I was thinking that K was kissing, and P was penetration.  No idea on the other initials, yet.   Guessing the code is really the only thing interesting in the series so far.  Drinking game!

Margaret the Abbie looked like she had a "Kill me now" expression on her face while Megan rambles on about her husband.

Happy to find this site and see that I'm not the only one that this "Procreation Poster" is driving crazy! My guesses: Kissing, Touching, Stroking?, Lubrication?, Penetration, Coitus?, Conception. This is so irritating - I should know this - or they should at least share with us! LOL

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Rebecca didn't know about the 4000 part. Plus I think Pilcher's whole point was to preserve this slice of classic Americana. That's one of the few parts that made sense to me!

They said out loud that K was kissing, and yeah I assumed P was penetration. But the rest of it??? And the illustrations don't seem to have anything to do with anything, given where on the Candyland board pregnancy and birth are. Like, fine, they need a chart (but also: they need a chart??) why not make it somewhat comprehensible?

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Xander tells Theo that he's married to Rebecca, they were married for a year and haven't been together for 6 months.  Theo drops his weeding ring, punches Xander, and leaves.  We still don't know how long ago Rebecca was unthawed ? Has it been less than 3 years ?

I don't know why but I thought from a previous episode we knew Rebecca had been thawed out four years ago, but either I've remembered that wrong or they changed their minds because if they're doing the assigned marriage thing, I can't imagine they'd wait that long before sticking her with Xander and, while I believe they didn't get married instantly, I doubt it was multiple years before they'd be married. So maybe it's only been more like 2 for R? Although, on the other hand if the people in charge do the assigned marriage thing still in WP, but they knew they still had Theo in the deep freeze, WTF? Or did they wake Rebecca up first and for some reason she told them not to do Theo (assuming they were going to wait a week or two anyway for whatever reasons) and so that's how she ended up with Xander later, but now they're out of other doctors in the deep freeze so, tadaa, Theo after all?

I also thought the whole conversation about "the fence is impenetrable" was pointless. They keep opening the fence to go in and out! 

Edited by theatremouse
14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The whole forcing teens into procreation rooms is stupid. If you tell a kid they have to have sex they won't want to do it. Especially if you give them charts to follow. Just let them be normal teenagers, but never teach them about what a condom is. Have school dances with dark rooms and slow music. Let them have parties with lots of alcohol. 

Lots of alcohol and they just throw up.  Lots of marijuana is better.  But then, I never needed a class or a chart to figure out how to do it.

What's with all the Abbie drool?  And I think they are telepathic.

• Love 2

So, Xander and Rebecca were married/in a relationship, after-all!  Oh, show!  You never fail to disappoint.  And even though Theo got mad, he still wasn't as mad as I would likely think.  He was more "Dammit, another secret/lie!" instead of "What?!!  My wife slept with another man!" about it. I really don't think Theo and Rebecca care much for each other any more; if they ever did.  Again, while Ethan and Theresa clearly had issues (lots of them), I was at least able to buy them truly caring for each other on some levels.  So, thanks again for making me actually appreciate the Burkes.

This whole procreation thing has got to be the dumbest thing ever.  If they really feel this is necessary, then just give all the teenagers the basic sexual education  (penis meets vagina), and let them at it.  Because they will do it on their own.  But putting them in a creepy room, with creepy music, a bored secretary, and random photos of Pilcher looking at them?  Dumb.  Fucking Dumb.  All you've got to do is a throw a party or two, and never teach them about prevention.  Babies will be arriving in no time!  And they really didn't take into account that someone might be gay?  What a dumb operation.  Makes sense now since Meg is running it, but Pilcher did not think this through at all.

Rebecca was the architect of Wayward Pines, I see.  Flashbacks bored me, despite Toby Jones returning and doing his best to make the material work.

CJ and Kerry continue to mainly do nothing, and be a waste of an actor and actress that I really love.

Only stuff I still find interesting is still Theresa and Adam; mainly due to the history of what went down in the first season.  But I'm at least invested in them, for whatever that is worth.

Abbies now aren't afraid of fire, I guess.  I hope they start fucking things up soon.  This season needs some kind of jolt.

• Love 2

Yes you hit all my points!! Especially the kids having to procreate so young. That being said Megan's stupid ass is probably the one who came up with that idea!! Seriously CAN'T STAND HER SMUG FACE!!

After tonight's episode, I have come up with a theory! The drones are like bees -- the female is the queen and all of those males are drones.

I can handle the bad dialog and all of the inconsistencies on this show. I just can't handle all this boring story retelling. Let's get to the fighting!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

And I think they are telepathic.

Ding! I thought they were heavily telegraphing that. Either that or it's an intentionally clunky red herring.

I like the queen/drone/hive/bee theory.

• Love 6
(edited)

The letters on Candyland Procreation are: K T S L P C C. Kissing, Touching, Stroking?, Licking? or Lubricating?, Penetration, Climax, Conception. I don't know what S and L are supposed to be.  I'll keep thinking... 

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 2

It has just occurred to me that, whatever the connection between the title and the episode, it is also the climactic moment in the movie Mr. Roberts.  Which, of course, leads to this mental image of Pilcher's acolyte Jason, after finding out there's an Abbie in town,  screaming "Sound the Alarm. SOUND THE ALARM!" And then raising the PA to maximum volume to inundate the town: "Alright.  Who did it?  Who did it?"

On 6/22/2016 at 8:15 PM, riverheightsnancy said:

That's what happens when they get another season to a show they had no plan to continue whatsoever after using up all the books last season.  You make stuff up like Under the Dome because that's what it feels like.

As for the season, unless the goal is to make the viewers root for the Abbies to wipe out these characters, I'm not sure what the point is beyond shoving in as many pointless subplots as possible.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, juliet73 said:

The letters on Candyland Procreation are: K T S L P C C. Kissing, Touching, Stroking?, Licking? or Lubricating?, Penetration, Climax, Conception. I don't know what S and L are supposed to be.  I'll keep thinking... 

I think that's it.  Or "sucking, licking." 

Given the medical capabilities of the town, encouraging girls who are that young to get pregnant is just asking for complications and birth defects, isn't it?

• Love 1

I think my favorite part of this show us Arlene and her crazy "Twin Peaks" kind if vibe.

Again the pushing kids so young to bear children icks me out. 

I do not know why but I have not liked Rebecca since episode 1, maybe it's just her acting.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, SoothingDave said:

Given the medical capabilities of the town, encouraging girls who are that young to get pregnant is just asking for complications and birth defects, isn't it?

They're aiming for quantity not quality. ;)

Edited by theatremouse
(edited)

My Guess:

K- Kissing

T- Touching

L=Licking

S=Sucking

P= Penetration

C= Copulation

C= Conception

C= Cuddle (were there 3 C's or just 2?)

Can they just cancel this show now?  Getting worse and worse each episode.  There are so many plot holes I can barely keep frmo screaming at my TV

Edited by NaughtyKitty
  • Love 4
(edited)

With the exception of the statutory rape storyline (which is creepy), I have to say that this was one of my favorite episodes. But maybe that's because I felt like this show was a personal shout out to my post last week, in which I called that Xander and Rebecca were together before Theo was defrosted and in which I questioned what happened to the Biergarten when those buffalo burgers were the rave of Wayward Pines last season.

But I also felt like maybe they got a THIRD set of writers--or maybe went back to the first set...the ones who talked about the Biergarten in every episode?! The first and second halves of season 1 were completely disjointed with different writers, and the first few episodes of this season have just been undoing the season 1 cliffhangers. It's REALLY distracting, but at the same time it's fascinating that there's no showrunner holding the team to ONE vision for the show. No one's questioning how much they can get away with before they completely alienate the audience? Who cares that two weeks ago fire was the only way to scare off the Abies but this week they somehow all have their own torches?! And they can't even maintain a realistic timeline Within the episode. The episode begins with Theo and Rebecca planning and impromptu getaway to Hawaii before she meets Pilcher but she somehow designed every building in the entire damn town before they go to Hawaii and get snatched and frozen. That would take YEARS (decades?) for her to do on her own from scratch, but, nope, Rebecca can design a whole damn town in a few weeks. I suppose this is why Theo accepted the truth of where they are so easily since he already knew this was Pilcher's plan and Rebecca's design.

Also now it seems like the Abbies might be aliens with the odd hand tattoo and the telepathic control. But I guess telepathy could be evolution; no explanation for the tattoo. But I guess that's why Megan the former teacher/now Abbie researcher is a hypnotist so SHE will be able to mind-control the female Abbie mind-controller and save the day.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

You would think a hypnotist wouldn't have any trouble convincing a young girl to do something she doesn't want to do.

What I want to know is what happened to the supply caverns and the network of tunnels leading to them and the fleet of trucks driving through the network of tunnels to get to the supply caverns and bring back fruit loops for the good boys and girls of Wayward Pines?

• Love 3

In this episode, they remind us that humans were never supposed to meet the Abbies; they were supposed to be gone when the humans woke up after 2000 years.  But I can't remember, from season 1, where the Abbies came from in the first place.  Where did they come from?  How did the group know that they would be gone in 2000 years?

Hey pilcher, since you spent billions on this project, here's a list of things you might want to bring along 

• humvees, armored troop carriers, tanks ( if you got the pull) 
  • full body armor for your security 
  • grenades, heavy machine guns, grenade launchers
  • Construction equipment: excavators, forklifts, boom lifts ect 
  • more helicopters so your troops can fly and mow down Abbies 
  • a batallion of soldiers - if not available hire ex military like the defunct Blackhawk 

Oh and can you please tell Mrs. Yeldin, that her gun towers/ watch towers are too short.  They also need to be enclosed w a shooting platform - think prison guard tower.  One seal team would bust through that gate and kill everyone in the town and in the mountain.  Smh  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

You would think a hypnotist wouldn't have any trouble convincing a young girl to do something she doesn't want to do.

Conventional (real-life, not Hollywood) wisdom says hypnotism generally cannot convince someone to do something they do not want to do. It's Hollywood-logic that hypnotism can make anyone do anything.

35 minutes ago, Canada said:

In this episode, they remind us that humans were never supposed to meet the Abbies; they were supposed to be gone when the humans woke up after 2000 years.  But I can't remember, from season 1, where the Abbies came from in the first place.  Where did they come from?  How did the group know that they would be gone in 2000 years?

The same whatever logic Pilcher used to predict they'd exist/need frozen people to beat the apocalypse/etc predicted they were supposed to be gone by then.  So he was right a lot, but wrong on a big one. 

That said, I can't remember if they went into enough detail, but I was somehow under the impression before they started this line of "they weren't supposed to be here now" thing, that it wasn't an "everybody asleep for 2000, first rounders awake, then proceed to wake more periodically as you go" deal. I thought there was always someone awake in WP, monitoring the freezers etc and they cycled back in and out, and thus some aged more (or some got to live out the rest of their lives doing that and didn't necessarily make it to the big awakening). And then when the designated time came they finally woke up a larger group to start over in town. But if that had been the case then they couldn't be surprised there were abbies when the date came. Or maybe they only had enough people/supplies/whatever to delay that long and then for badly-written-not-yet-explained reasons they still had to start the larger round awakenings at that point anyway? I donno.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Conventional (real-life, not Hollywood) wisdom says hypnotism generally cannot convince someone to do something they do not want to do. It's Hollywood-logic that hypnotism can make anyone do anything.

The same whatever logic Pilcher used to predict they'd exist/need frozen people to beat the apocalypse/etc predicted they were supposed to be gone by then.  So he was right a lot, but wrong on a big one. 

That said, I can't remember if they went into enough detail, but I was somehow under the impression before they started this line of "they weren't supposed to be here now" thing, that it wasn't an "everybody asleep for 2000, first rounders awake, then proceed to wake more periodically as you go" deal. I thought there was always someone awake in WP, monitoring the freezers etc and they cycled back in and out, and thus some aged more (or some got to live out the rest of their lives doing that and didn't necessarily make it to the big awakening). And then when the designated time came they finally woke up a larger group to start over in town. But if that had been the case then they couldn't be surprised there were abbies when the date came. Or maybe they only had enough people/supplies/whatever to delay that long and then for badly-written-not-yet-explained reasons they still had to start the larger round awakenings at that point anyway? I donno.

From the flashback last season, Pilcher was the very first one out of cryo after 2000 years -- there was no staff monitoring or checking things during the intervening years.

And the Abbies are mutated humans, a mutation that Pilcher predicted would occur.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And the Abbies are mutated humans, a mutation that Pilcher predicted would occur.

Right, my point was moreso, he not only predicted the mutation would occur, but that all current-style humans would cease to exist because of them/how we destroyed the environment, and then via not-explained-additional-predictions, he concluded they'd die out too, all within 2000 years. They have not explained his timing-math beyond "Pilcher predicted".

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

Right, my point was moreso, he not only predicted the mutation would occur, but that all current-style humans would cease to exist because of them/how we destroyed the environment, and then via not-explained-additional-predictions, he concluded they'd die out too, all within 2000 years. They have not explained his timing-math beyond "Pilcher predicted".

Agreed, add to the long list of other things that this show has not explained.

• Love 1
On 6/23/2016 at 2:02 PM, juliet73 said:

S = stimulation. They needed to fit in the dry humping, fingering, and hand jobs somewhere in their Candyland sex chart. Then L = lubrication would make sense. They don't want any vaginal tearing from underaroused sexual relations for their breeders. They would quickly lose interest if it hurt all the time because they weren't aroused enough to do it comfortably.

Megan insists that the future of WP and humanity depends on maximizing the population at all costs. Or is the goal to kill as many residents as they can? They seem to be good at finding ways and means to that end. 

There's something about the longevity of this show despite its ridiculous and often offensive quirks, and the observation above that the writers weren't expecting it to last past Season 1, that make me think of "Springtime for Hitler" ("The Producers").

For a "town" that wants to maximize population production they sure do have a lot of "death penalty" offenses! Plus, they have cryogenics down pat; so why not IVF? Other than the skeeve factor, what benefit is there to go backwards in terms of breeding the next gen? And why two kids who are both fumbling? You only need one male who is adept and let him have the job if you are going to go "old fashioned". At least then it's not so hit or miss.

And there was no sign of Sister Peg at the Genesis meeting, having been replaced apparently by Megan, who is probably cheaper. Why do we care who drew up the plans? Wouldn't anyone with a copy of the Sims have accomplished the exact same thing?

And, good catch by the Doctor with the gay thing (which was pretty obvious last week), because anyone having performance issues under THOSE circumstances MUST be gay. Or maybe it was the fact that Margaret didn't find him threatening?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

And, good catch by the Doctor with the gay thing (which was pretty obvious last week), because anyone having performance issues under THOSE circumstances MUST be gay. Or maybe it was the fact that Margaret didn't find him threatening?

I don't totally get how the kid didn't understand what gay was. This is supposed to be a few years after last season, right? At that point everyone was pretending that it was still 2015. He's old enough that he would have been aware of the term back then.

• Love 1
(edited)

They weren't all explicitly pretending it was 2015. Different people were woken up from different times and thought it was a few days/weeks after whenever they went out. Some had been there longer so it was whatever year they were frozen+however long they were in town. There weren't dates on the newspapers I think... so it was just generally ambiguous what year it was. But that kid was part of the whole "first generation" so I think it's possible he was born in town, plus the part where the kids were filled in on the real date way before the adults. It doesn't quite jive with half the population not knowing how much time has passed that the concept of being gay wouldn't have come up around this kid. But I guess if he were super sheltered, and very indoctrinated in the whole first-gen dealio, and everyone's too busy fearing the totalitarian state, maybe it just didn't come up.

Edited by theatremouse
15 hours ago, Zanne said:

S = stimulation. They needed to fit in the dry humping, fingering, and hand jobs somewhere in their Candyland sex chart. Then L = lubrication would make sense. They don't want any vaginal tearing from underaroused sexual relations for their breeders. They would quickly lose interest if it hurt all the time because they weren't aroused enough to do it comfortably.

15 hours ago, Zanne said:

S = stimulation. 

That makes sense

(edited)

The how-to sex sign was so very, very dumb. Like, is the show making fun of itself dumb.   Did no one save some educational porn?  We've got carousels and nazi unis, all kinds of useless crap but no sex tapes? I guess Jason and his creepy wife wouldn't allow that anyway.  Who wants to get it on with PILCHER's face right there?  Who wants to get it on on command?  And why are all the pictures straight out of the 1950's?  That...doesn't seem conducive to getting your sex on either.   If the kids are all just being brainwashed that this is their duty, give them the mechanics of how to do it and that's it. 

Theo's wife is still sporting the same perfectly formed eyebrows she had in the past.  Do they have waxing or threading there?

On 6/24/2016 at 8:41 PM, Quickbeam said:

My favorite but was Arlene sketching the doc. She's the only sane person in town. 

Haha!  Loved the empty waiting room.  She is entertaining. 

I did kind of like the Abbies communicating.  Everything else......not so much.  I felt badly for the cute gay kid.  That asshole Jason better not string him up.  Not everyone has to be breeding away to be useful. 

Edited by raven
  • Love 1
On 6/23/2016 at 6:56 AM, adam807 said:

They said out loud that K was kissing, and yeah I assumed P was penetration. But the rest of it??? And the illustrations don't seem to have anything to do with anything, given where on the Candyland board pregnancy and birth are. Like, fine, they need a chart (but also: they need a chart??) why not make it somewhat comprehensible?

IIRC Candyland, there was one card that got you to the end, ice cream bar, I think(?), and everybody wanted to draw that one

In the WP Candyland, the equivalent is the "premature ejaculation" step. It's greeted less enthusiastically.

• Love 1

I'm glad everyone else was as amused as I was by the sight of Pilcher's creepy face staring down at the two kids expected to procreate. Like that's gonna help.

I just can't figure out what this story is supposed to be about. Is it about Theo, waking up 2000 years later and adjusting to his strange new life? Is it about Megan, trying to keep Pilcher's dream alive? Is it about the teens who are in charge of this town? Is it about the Abbies and how they came to be, and what they intend to do? There doesn't seem to be a consistent narrative, it's more like a soap opera set 2000 years in the future in a dystopian town. 

• Love 2
On June 24, 2016 at 4:31 PM, NaughtyKitty said:

My Guess:

K- Kissing

T- Touching

L=Licking

S=Sucking

P= Penetration

C= Copulation

C= Conception

C= Cuddle (were there 3 C's or just 2?)

Can they just cancel this show now?  Getting worse and worse each episode.  There are so many plot holes I can barely keep frmo screaming at my TV

I'm thinking the S is for stimulation and the L is for lubrication. There are a lot of plot holes but I think the show is getting better. I actually liked this episode besides the babies having babies thing. That part just kinda grosses me out. 

• Love 1
On June 25, 2016 at 7:40 PM, theatremouse said:

They weren't all explicitly pretending it was 2015. Different people were woken up from different times and thought it was a few days/weeks after whenever they went out. Some had been there longer so it was whatever year they were frozen+however long they were in town. There weren't dates on the newspapers I think... so it was just generally ambiguous what year it was. But that kid was part of the whole "first generation" so I think it's possible he was born in town, plus the part where the kids were filled in on the real date way before the adults. It doesn't quite jive with half the population not knowing how much time has passed that the concept of being gay wouldn't have come up around this kid. But I guess if he were super sheltered, and very indoctrinated in the whole first-gen dealio, and everyone's too busy fearing the totalitarian state, maybe it just didn't come up.

I think that kid and his sister were either born in wayward pines or really young when they were put in cryo. That would explain why they weren't familiar with the term gay. You've gotta remember they first started waking people up a decade back bc Pilcher said the first round didn't work out well with him being completely honest. They freaked out and destroyed the town. That why they decided on keeping the truth about everything from the adults. By the thing is, they have this helicopter so why not give the people waking up an adjustment period and then take them out on the chopper to let them see what has happened to the world. That would make the most sense to me. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On June 25, 2016 at 11:00 AM, NorthstarATL said:

For a "town" that wants to maximize population production they sure do have a lot of "death penalty" offenses! Plus, they have cryogenics down pat; so why not IVF? Other than the skeeve factor, what benefit is there to go backwards in terms of breeding the next gen? And why two kids who are both fumbling? You only need one male who is adept and let him have the job if you are going to go "old fashioned". At least then it's not so hit or miss.

And there was no sign of Sister Peg at the Genesis meeting, having been replaced apparently by Megan, who is probably cheaper. Why do we care who drew up the plans? Wouldn't anyone with a copy of the Sims have accomplished the exact same thing?

Well I know they definitely can't just use one guy bc then all the children would be related and potentially have to interbreed. That would be no bueno for the population. You would end up with a lot of mentally handicapped children as well as other birth defects. But I do agree with the IVF thing but my guess is they would want a whole family unit so it makes sense to pair them up. Another option tho would be to have surrogates and use eggs from the planned mother and father of the children. Not ideal but it could work. 

Edited by Ausia0347
  • Love 1