Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/20/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Fair enough. See which HATRED (big letters see?) She chooses to point out.  It's correct that not ALL of any religion chooses to feel a certain way. My POINT is, that JOY, viciously grabs onto the Christian flag when it is thrown and then tries her best to scoff and bring that opinion down. When someone on the other side does the same exact thing, they are taken to task for their beliefs. I mean seriously? Joy is still making Lewinksy jokes.. Just watch her getting called to task, she shrugs her shoulders and says screw it, or, she has walked off, yes I know only once. I'm just saying.. BOTH sides, have major issues, and need to get it together to attempt to make any progress. Both sides need to be called to task for their hypocrisy, and lack of information. 

• Love 1

I love Joy, but....(see what I did there) she does do this. Whoopi does too, but hey we all hate whoopi so there's no argument there. Whenever the right-wing Christian ladies say something about Christianity or Republicans, there's a whole lot of eye-rolling and boo-hooing from Joy and Whoopi. I consider myself very open-minded and fair and I actually enjoy listening to both perspectives. And, unlike Joy and Whoopi, i don't shoot down every right-wing comment just because it does not fall in line with my beliefs.

Great description, abstractstuff. I can totally see Joy shrugging it off when she is called to task many times.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Considering what's happening on the floor of the House I sure hope Miss Whoopi calls in sick tomorrow. 

You don't trust Whoopie talking about something important? Gasp!  Shock!  Horror!

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, abstractstuff said:

Pot has nothing to do with this... Whoopi is just an egomaniac who thinks she is smarter than everyone else in the room. I don't understand why she is this way on the View because she is usually very friendly on shows. It's not pot though.. 

She was on Fallon last night, and was a different person. Likeable. Her View demeanor confounds me.

I'm w/ others here who said they like the current panel. Although I wouldn't be upset if Prissy Paula left.

• Love 4

Bill O'Reilly is super repulsive, agreed. Joy is also a professional talk show host. My opinion stands. I agree with Joy on the main issues, but, I do find the way she makes or attempts to make her points, quite hypocritical at times. I know she is the anointed one here, and even if you agree with her mostly, criticisms aren't going to be popular. 

• Love 1

I love Joy, I think she is the single reason to watch this awful mess of a show.  But Joy is only human, she's going to make mistakes, say things wrong and resort to talking points.  At least she's not arrogant, willfully ignorant or blindly following a religion.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

Darden segment pre-empted. Does anyone know if he mentioned what OJ said to him in the courtroom? Wasn't that teased by the announcer?

OJ said "Man you gotta watch your temper", to Darden. Darden said he was surprised and thought I didn't kill no one.

• Love 6

Sheesh, everyone was jumping on the stupid train today.  No, Joy, "drink the KoolAid" has not helped KoolAid.  She obviously forgot the context of the original statement.  No, Whoopi, the Supreme Court isn't going to fix things, or whatever you were trying to say.  First off, they are deadlocked.  Secondly, they don't make random decisions about issues.  A case has to be brought to them and it sure doesn't happen overnight. 

• Love 6

You know, I wondered if someone behind the scenes finally--finally!--had a sit down with all these women and told them, "Seriously, just forget Whoopi." Because they've been doing it all week. Whoopi is about to explode, shutdown the conversation, or begin one of her long tirades, and 9 times out of 10 the other women ignore her, interrupt her, or continue like she isn't even there. That's the only way a panel is going to be able to work with her there, so keep it up, ladies!

• Love 19

Agree Medicine Crow. Good segment, good questions and input, except for Whoopi's "I have an Uncle Tom." At least she didn't derail the whole interview as she's done in the past. I think, too, that the others are not going to let her dominate or intimidate anymore.

• Love 7

I just can't take airhead Sara Haines. She sits there with this blank look on her face, reads the cards and adds nothing to this show.  I hope she isn't there on Fridays.

Michelle should have been given more of a chance.

• Love 2

The thing about Sara (to me anyway) is that sometimes the show goes on for 15 or 20 minutes before she says something notable and I realize she is even there. Sometimes it takes longer, and I am like ... has she been there the whole time? 

She's getting better, though.  I am liking that she does not seem to interested is kissing Whoopsi's ass. 

Speaking of Whoopsi, she really had her another little go at Paula this morning, didn't she?  They were getting into the He Man Woman Hater's Yacht Club discussion, and Paula chimed in that The View might be considered a "woman only club."  Which is (a) irrelevant because The View is not a club and (b) inaccurate because they have men on all the time blah blah etc etc. But Whoops seized on it like a dog on a bone and went on at length about why Paula was wrong.  Paula was actually wrong and her comment had no point, I get that.  But it's the kind of dumb comment you just ignore someone making.  You don't need to make it into a big THING.  

Whoopsi doesn't like Paula (and neither do I) but she needs to dial it back because she is making it too obvious.  And in the process she is making herself look like a cantankerous old sow who is just looking for an excuse to tangle with Miss Priss.  Pick your fights, Whoops, pick your fights.

• Love 15

Yeah-I don't see or haven't seen Sara conduct interviews or state her opinions by reading the cards. That's something Raven does all the time; what Bitsy did- now there is an airhead. I'm not seeing blank looks on her face, either.

That said, what I do wish she would stop saying is "haters" and "dude," the latter used as if any of the geriatric small-minded assholes in Congress would refer to each other or call each other "duuude." It's so juvenile.

So the first half of the show was preempted due to the verdict in the Gray case. Some hot topics...saw a little of Darden before the rest of the show was preempted and aired President Obama's statements about the Supreme Court's decisions.

I won't lie-I enjoyed the shade and sarcasm he directed toward Congress and the Republicans as well  my dvr cut off because the hour was up.  I'm going to have to see if I can find the entire statement.

• Love 3

I watch Sara because I am trying not to buy into she is a bimbo or airhead. But what I see her doing is actually listening and responding - thinking. I like her a lot. I have no problem with her being a regular.

• Love 15
On 6/22/2016 at 10:32 PM, abstractstuff said:

You don't have to explain to me what her point was. My point was that she is also disrespectful and rude when someone on the panel mentions their religion. She does it constantly. She wouldn't do that with any other religion.. It's hypocrisy, and Joy is also full of it. She is just as bad as Bitsy was. Sooo often she just spouts out her bullet point, and then when someone challenges her on that, she shrugs her shoulder and it's the so what attitude she is so good at. I am not religious, but, come on.. Call a spade a spade. Joy is combative, and also doesn't know her information before she starts spewing out her anti-right wing crap.. Which is alright, but back it up more.. She doesn't. She is just as bad as Bitsy was. 

Joy was raised a Christian.  I know, I know, some Christian's don't believe Catholics are Christian which drives me nuts.....I too was raised Christian and it makes me boiling mad when some right wing nut claims his/her view for all of us.  It is up to us to call out Christians who really go against everything I learned while actually reading and studying the Bible.  I don't see how that is hypocrisy.  It is calling out hate speech for exactly what it is.  Jesus never said anything about gays and in fact from his teachings he would be standing with them.  Extremism in any religion is always hateful.

Paula is getting to be too much.  This week we learned her dream is to run a Pregnancy Crisis center - is defending Trump and isn't even using her journalism credentials to seek the real truth over his comments.  The google box is very easy to use and each of his statements can be easily examined.  This week alone should disqualify Paula as a fair journalist.

I agree that Whoopi is way out there, more than usual.  Sunny's life must be horrible.  Just by her own comments I feel sorry for her.  YOLO Sunny!

• Love 14

I just can't with Raven.  The person working next to you might be making more money than you because they're "Euro American" and male and the manager may like them more????  That's discrimination you big dummy!!!  At least Sunny tried to make that point before they went to the break.  And she doesn't understand that it's useful to know a co-worker's salary so you can determine if you're getting equal pay for equal work?  Is it really that hard a concept to grasp?  I wish someone would come and kidnap her - preferably someone from another planet.  I can't comprehend how she can be 30 years old and that uninformed!

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, jalady said:

I just can't with Raven.  The person working next to you might be making more money than you because they're "Euro American" and male and the manager may like them more????  That's discrimination you big dummy!!!  At least Sunny tried to make that point before they went to the break.  And she doesn't understand that it's useful to know a co-worker's salary so you can determine if you're getting equal pay for equal work?  Is it really that hard a concept to grasp?  I wish someone would come and kidnap her - preferably someone from another planet.  I can't comprehend how she can be 30 years old and that uninformed!

Each time I think this show has reached it's limit on stupid co-hosts, they raise the bar.  Raven is about as far as they've ever gone. I really think she's likely got a two digit IQ. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I just can't with Raven.  The person working next to you might be making more money than you because they're "Euro American" and male and the manager may like them more????  That's discrimination you big dummy!!! 

Yeah, what the hell? Her point seemed to be "white males make more money, so I have to work harder!"   OK, Raven, but the panel is on a TV show, and the discussion is about OTHER people, not people who are rich like you are.  She has such a hard time seeing anything beyond her own limited perspective. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Raven is moron who doesn't get it. She thinks women, people of color, women of color aren't being paid the same because they don't have a personal relationship with their bosses or should "work harder". Who thinks like this? Something is wrong with her. Why is she back for just one day? Just to say that ignorant crap? She also acts as if she is the only one on the panel who acts or is in the entertainment "industry". When is her contract up? I have so many questions. I'm sorry.

I loved Jedidoodah getting shut down by Sunny twice. That's the Sunny I like. It's still a much better show when Whoopi is absent.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 13
(edited)

Jedidiah (I'm sure I have that wrong, I don't care enough to look it up) was hilariously ignorant about Trump.  She takes a little statement he makes "there's nothing to talk about"  and she extrapolates to an entire viewpoint. I loved Suny for shutting her down with "that's not what he said."    And when they said Trump compared running a country to running a golf  course - I wanted someone to counter with - there are no POOR people on the golf course!  Trump only values people with money and influence. 

And Jed's stance that Trump supports legal immigration?  Google "trump Models" for a sampling.  here's one example   Trump-run modeling agency got beautiful women to sign contracts for large sums of money, in exchange for supporting them getting a work visa to do fashion modeling.    They ended up making less than 10% of what was promised, but were obligated to not seek work elsewhere.  The article is about one teenaged model, who was promised $75,000 /year and ended up making less than $5,000 for three years of a contract.  Yeah, Trump supports immigration of people he can exploit. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13

I don't think Jed knows the meaning of manifest destiny. She said the UK like America wants to make their own decisions, it is manifest destiny. Seems to me she wouldn't be happy if a muslim country decided to try out manifest destiny on the western world. Just sayin'...

• Love 9

I think today's episode says a LOT about what the problems with this show are.

The foul, ugly energy that so often pollutes the program was completely absent today.  Enjoy your day off, Whoopi!

And the stunning ignorance and outright stupidity which bogs down the show has returned.  Welcome back, Raven!

• Love 18
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think today's episode says a LOT about what the problems with this show are.

The foul, ugly energy that so often pollutes the program was completely absent today.  Enjoy your day off, Whoopi!

And the stunning ignorance and outright stupidity which bogs down the show has returned.  Welcome back, Raven!

All of the above, Celia, but don't you think Jeb added a lot of hysteria & idiocy to the conversation as well?

ETA:  I laughed at the look on Joy's face after Jeb's translation of Trump's remarks about Brexit in Scotland.

Edited by Medicine Crow
More to say.
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Jedidiah (I'm sure I have that wrong, I don't care enough to look it up) was hilariously ignorant about Trump.  She takes a little statement he makes "there's nothing to talk about"  and she extrapolates to an entire viewpoint. I loved Suny for shutting her down with "that's not what he said."   

My favorite part was Arsenio Hall calling her a Republican and her correcting him, and his reaction was basically, "Uh...yeah, okay." Because that's exactly what she is. Every time she's on, she builds Trump out to be some insightful saint based on his most recently-issued turd. She's so much worse than Paula.

WTF was she even talking about with "manifest destiny"? How does that even pertain to what's happening?

• Love 5
(edited)
21 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm getting to the point where I hate Friday's, because Jedi is always there (usually combined with Raven or Paula). If they could've had the same panel as the rest of the week minus Whoopi, that would've been great.

I personally feel that they are making Raven finish out her contract and she will not be back in the Fall..Raven is a moron and she is so different from the other ladies that were on the Cosby show..Her willful ignorance is astounding and embarrassing...She is out of her league when it comes to discussing issues and how it affects people who are not like her....Plus, she is so much like Whoopi when it comes to people who do not share her opinions...One is enough..We do not need two Whoopi's on the panel..While I am bitching about Raven, I do not like her attitude towards Joy..It really pisses me off, it is always tinged with condescension and a subtle nastiness...Not to mention, that she is always rolling her eyes and that is a sign of contempt in my eyes...She is the liberal Bitsy, minus the talking points...I bow to the person on here who gave her that name..It fits her to a T..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

What Jed MISSED was that Trump wasn't even IN Scotland because of the EU vote.  He was there to promote the opening of his new golf course!

here's his speech   and CNN breaking into it because they were expecting him, as a presidential candidate, to talk about Brexit, and instead he ignored it unitl he was asked.  And then he got it wrong! 
Jed supporting that speech was as ridiculous as her claim not to be a republican.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is the liberal Bitsy, minus the talking points...I bow to the person on here who gave her that name..It fits her to a T..

I consider myself a liberal and I don't think Raven qualifies as such.    IMO a liberal is someone who wants to make things better, more fair for everyone.  I don't see Raven being that at all.  She is selfish and entitled and quite frankly a complete idiot.

• Love 12

Raven ruined a Joy-moderated Friday today. Arsenio Hall is an idiot. Two immature "celebrities" who think they're all that. Raven needs to be gone ASAP from this show.

One down, one to go!

• Love 9
(edited)
11 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

I consider myself a liberal and I don't think Raven qualifies as such.    IMO a liberal is someone who wants to make things better, more fair for everyone.  I don't see Raven being that at all.  She is selfish and entitled and quite frankly a complete idiot.

I only called her a liberal because she is not a conservative...you are right in that she is a complete idiot...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

All of the above, Celia, but don't you think Jeb added a lot of hysteria & idiocy to the conversation as well?

I missed Jeb being a flake.  I leaned on the remote control and hit "1" and got sent to "Xfinity on demand" which took a minute for me to figure out (duh).  And since I had rewound 15 or 20 minutes to watch what I had missed while doing laundry, everything I had stored disappeared when I changed the channel. Sunny was saying "that's NOT what he said" by the time I resumed watching so I am guessing I missed Jed's demonstration of foolishness.

I am glad you guys explained what Sunny was talking about here because I was dying to know, lol.  It was obvious she was dumbfounded by something Jed had said and she wasn't going to let her get away with it.  So it was more of Jed spinning like a tornado for Trump that Sunny wasn't having, lol.  Good for her. THAT is the Sunny Hostin I like and want to see more of! 

• Love 6

I'm convinced. Raven is 15.  Her emotional development actually stopped somewhere short of that actually. She was considered precocious as a child actor, but her lack of maturity and lack of education has not served her well as an adult. The 30 year olds I know are fully formed adults.

• Love 15
20 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

I just can't take airhead Sara Haines. She sits there with this blank look on her face, reads the cards and adds nothing to this show.  I hope she isn't there on Fridays.

Michelle should have been given more of a chance.

How is Sara considered an airhead when Raven (and Whoopi) are on this show? 

• Love 9

I don't think Sara or Whoopie are airheads. I think Whoopie is a contrarian and that Sara is still trying to find her footing. Being an airhead would be a step up for Raven.  She's a complete unadulterated moron.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I liked Sunny a lot today.  Arsenio Hall gets stranger with every passing year.  Oh, and Raven?  You are such a f'ing moron.

"That's not what he said, Jedidiah."  Loved the way she intoned it, barely holding in her impatience.  

Damn.  Dow ended up down over 600 pts.  The implications of Brexit might have been worth a comment from Trump.

• Love 7

Who was the person sitting in the middle? She needs to go away with the red dress person from a few weeks ago.

They need to stop with the mystery Friday person. It is fine with just four of them.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I'm convinced. Raven is 15.  Her emotional development actually stopped somewhere short of that actually. She was considered precocious as a child actor, but her lack of maturity and lack of education has not served her well as an adult. The 30 year olds I know are fully formed adults.

You're not the only one who believes Raven's development stopped prematurely.  She herself seems to believe it. 

What the hell was she ranting about saying how she had to grow up on this planet or something?  She was talking like she had YET to grow up or was still in the process of it and not like the is 30 year old GROWN ASS WOMAN that she is.  And it's not the first time she has spoken of herself like she is a child and referred to other people as being adults.  It's WEIRD.

2 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Who was the person sitting in the middle? She needs to go away with the red dress person from a few weeks ago.

I think it was Carrot Top.

• Love 8