Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/20/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Andrienne C. Moore, Laura Prepon and Kate Mulgrew ("Orange is the New Black").

Tuesday: Day of Hot Topics.

Wednesday: Jeff Goldblum.

Thursday: Chris Darden (author, "Contempt").

Friday: Arsenio Hall ("Greatest Hits").

• Love 1

Comments in first five minutes about Trump's campaign manager getting fired segued into Joy and Whoopi discussing how broke Trump is, how he never pays people etc. and there's Paula...."Oh..that's not fair."

Paula? FO....please. You don't/never know what the hell you're talking about and it's getting really tired. Admit it - you desperately want to be the next Mrs. Trump. C'mon...don't you.

• Love 16

So, the discussion is now not about how despicable Trump is, but how Lewandowski took the campaign in the wrong direction?  Paula,  have you actually listened to what Trump says on his campaign stops?  There is not a campaign manager in the world who can spin that, or corral that ego-maniac and stop him from spewing his hatred.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Comments in first five minutes about Trump's campaign manager getting fired segued into Joy and Whoopi discussing how broke Trump is, how he never pays people etc. and there's Paula...."Oh..that's not fair."

Paula? FO....please. You don't/never know what the hell you're talking about and it's getting really tired. Admit it - you desperately want to be the next Mrs. Trump. C'mon...don't you.

My bold.  Exactly @dinkysquid!!  It's beyond my comprehension how Paula (& all those other FoxBots) spew this drivel & defend him with nothing but lies.  It boggles the mind.

• Love 10

I think the issue Paula is missing is that a new campaign manager is just a guy who is going to tweak Trump's message to get him ELECTED.  He's not going to fundamentally change Trump's views, personality or politics.  He's just going to try to dress Trump up to make him a little more palatable to voters.

• Love 12

I should have paid closer attention, but was there no opening today, right? Guess since Michelle is gone they got rid of it. Would have looked worse to cut her out.

So we have next season's panel today with airhead Sara Haines and Sunny. As a previous poster perfectly noted,  the co-hosts seating and personalities match to The Talk's seating and cohosts personalities one for one at the table.

I think it is going to be boring on The View!

• Love 1

They did cut Michelle out of the opening. It goes from Whoopi to Joy, CCB, Raven & Paula.

Wow!  And not a word said about her. Like she never existed.

Is this is worst we seen for someone leaving??

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Joy is really looking lovely .... hair, make-up & style.  I know it's superficial, but ....

Please, if you can think of something - anything - good to say about this show, don't hold back.  There are so few positives these days, lol.

Joy has been looking great lately, it's true.  I want to know the secret to her thick, glossy hair.  And at 73.  Please nobody tell me it's a wig! 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Joy was on fire today!  Great information!  Witty deliveries.  Love her! 

Yep, she not only looked good.  Joy was sharp and armed with facts ... They should ALL be like that. Every day! 

• Love 8

No Michelle mention from the new panel today. Not surprised. Also Whoopi can't sing a lick!

Love Joy as usual. Paula and her trying to be fair and balanced today just didn't cut it. But she did say she loved Joy with Whoopi giving her a look. lol

I don't really think Trump is broke but I doubt he is worth $10 billion as he says he is. He just didn't want to pay those subcontractors their fair wage. Just plain greed.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, rcc said:

I don't really think Trump is broke but I doubt he is worth $10 billion as he says he is. He just didn't want to pay those subcontractors their fair wage. Just plain greed

And the whole Trump/Rosie O thing was started when Rosie "lied" (according to Trump)  about him declaring bankruptcy.   Trump said it was a lie because he never filed PERSONAL bankruptcy.   And that part is true.  He sets up companies, gets other people to invest, then he gets out, takes his cut, and the COMPANY files for bankruptcy.  The end result is that he makes a profit, other people go broke or lose money, and he walks away from the whole thing without a scratch.  He has a group of people who find the loopholes for him to be able to do this.  Paula defended him by saying it wasn't illegal, and with his business knowledge, he can help other companies grow.   Trump is the guy who climbs through the loopholes, and now wants to close them up so  others cannot use them.  Paula needs to do some research, and go past Fox News for her facts.  There are plenty of stories from New York, Atlantic City, Chicago, where Trump did this.  The stories are heart-breaking, families losing everything because they worked for him. 

• Love 17

Paula saying, "I love you", to Joy today, and others previously,  is incredibly passive-aggressive, and kind of disgusting, and celebrity-fake,   imo.  Glad Joy dismissed it. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

There are lots of dirty jobs out there but defending Trump has to be one of the the worst. 

Is it possible that Paula was hired to be the conservative voice on the panel - i.e. defending Trump?

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Paula saying, "I love you", to Joy today, and others previously,  is incredibly passive-aggressive, and kind of disgusting, and celebrity-fake,   imo.  Glad Joy dismissed it. 

What's love got to do with it? Indeed. Good comeback from Joy. She's not playing with Paula's bullshit defense of Drumpf. Thank goodness.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Is it possible that Paula was hired to be the conservative voice on the panel - i.e. defending Trump?

Paula's job on this show is to be the devil's advocate which she said herself on her twitter account today when someone asked why she defended Trump. Paula is pretty good in answering questions over there. @paulafaris

• Love 2

I thought the show today was a breath of fresh air. Whoopi was in a good mood, there was no Raven, Jedi, or CCB, and the panel ran completely roughshod over Paula. Seriously, they might as well have driven her over with a bus. She had it coming.

• Love 7

I meant to ask earlier, (but it just hopped into my mind) .... during the conversation about wedding night sex, did Sara say something to the effect that her husband wants her to stay a size two?  I might have misunderstood.

Oh, nearly forgot, but you can definitely tell Sara and Paula are friends. When Sara was joining in with the others in bashing Trump, Paula looked so defeated. And then when Joy made sure that Paula didn’t get the last word “That’s not fair” BS when they came back from commercial, she was trying to mediate between the two of them. I’m glad Sunny shot her down afterwards. “They don’t have to be mutually exclusive…” Uh, yes, they do. Either he’s paying people or he’s ripping them off, he’s helping U.S. workers or using loopholes to cheaply make his products in other countries at the expense of jobs here because he doesn’t want to pay human wages.

Joy’s look to Sunny when she tried to pretend Trump “has been changing” made me laugh. I’m sure Sunny only says things like that to humor Paula.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I meant to ask earlier, (but it just hopped into my mind) .... during the conversation about wedding night sex, did Sara say something to the effect that her husband wants her to stay a size two?  I might have misunderstood.

She said he brought a slice (of cake) for her too.  Is that what you were thinking of?  She said they were too tired and hungry for sex. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

She said he brought a slice (of cake) for her too.  Is that what you were thinking of?  She said they were too tired and hungry for sex. 

Thanks, @Haleth, but it was after that.

ETA:  You were right @Haleth.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Correction.

The part today when they talked about sex on your wedding night revealed a lot about Paula's marriage, I believe. Sarah was talking about how she and her husband ate cake and the look on Paula's face and her tone as she asked "your husband was okay you didn't have sex on your wedding night?" I don't know about anyone else, but I felt like that kind of inadvertently revealed that her husband dictates when they have sex. And then she had to get in a dig that they were not eating cake in bed on their wedding night. For someone who claims to have a buffet at home, she sure does spend a lot of time trying to prove how great her sex life is. I did love Joy getting the dig in that Paula was a "technical virgin" though. I love that she's being held accountable for the crap she spews now. Joy seems so far done with her. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Paula's Fox talking points aren't working on this show. Kudos to Joy and Sunny for not letting her get away with it. But you have to give her credit for perkily persevering through that awful Home Shopping Network chit. Guess she drew the short straw. Whoopi is just the bump on the log. There, but annoying and contributes nothing worthwhile.  

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 4

Oh, nearly forgot, but you can definitely tell Sara and Paula are friends.

Which is exactly why both of them don't need to be on this show. We don't need best pals.

Did you hear Sunny say she was on GMA this morning? This is going to be "GMA's View" next season.

Of course Whoopi ignored the fact that RO was a part of the Broadway for Orlando track

And hopefully RO ignored the fact that Whoppi was part of it too.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, NetflixandChill said:

The part today when they talked about sex on your wedding night revealed a lot about Paula's marriage, I believe. Sarah was talking about how she and her husband ate cake and the look on Paula's face and her tone as she asked "your husband was okay you didn't have sex on your wedding night?" I don't know about anyone else, but I felt like that kind of inadvertently revealed that her husband dictates when they have sex. And then she had to get in a dig that they were not eating cake in bed on their wedding night. For someone who claims to have a buffet at home, she sure does spend a lot of time trying to prove how great her sex life is. I did love Joy getting the dig in that Paula was a "technical virgin" though. I love that she's being held accountable for the crap she spews now. Joy seems so far done with her. 

I noticed that part, too. Paula must see herself as morally superior to every other woman on the stage. How dare Sara not get on her knees for her hubby even though she was exhausted and bloated! She'll be divorced in no time with that kind of selfish attitude!

Paula and Sherri would've been great friends.

• Love 2

Remember recently when Joy joked about women being jealous of each other?  And she talked about how women shouldn't be fooled by other women bragging about their great sex lives, because if they talk about it that much, it might not be as great as what they say.

I wonder if she had any specific co-host in mind when she said that?

• Love 7

You didn't miss anything. This panel with airhead Sara Haines and Sunny is getting old before it is official.

Same old talk, Trump's campaign manager, blah, blah, blah.....

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Hey, where is everybody??  I slept in & missed the 9:00 a.m. show.  How was it??

I have it on DVR.    I guess I could watch part of it, as a personal favor.  But I really should be working. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I have it on DVR.    I guess I could watch part of it, as a personal favor.  But I really should be working. 

No, don't interrupt your day for me.  I'll watch at 11:00 MT (15 mins. from now), but I was hoping for some "alerts".  Not to worry!!!

• Love 1

Ok so far I got this:

Welcome to The View, Y'all, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View, Welcome to The View!!!!!!!!!!

and I'd rather be working.

• Love 10

I like this panel. I found it funny how infuriated Whoopi was during the Taylor Swift topic, and how nobody cared or was paying her any mind even with her bitchy asides (to both Sara and Sunny).

I wish somebody had pointed out during the semantics discussion about terrorism, that the reason certain labels (like those that refer to an entire group of people, such as "Islamic Terrorism") are avoided is because they only encourage hostilities towards the U.S. and encourage ISIS recruitment.

• Love 6

re: yesteday - "view your deal", i was so relieved to see someone other than Stacy London standing there, that is, UNTIL she opened her mouth and started flapping her hands, and i thought to myself, "they have finally perfected CLONING!"

• Love 3

Whoopi was unbearable today.  Her idea that the FBI edited the Orlando shooter's 911 calls because the ISIS thing is "already out there" and it's been mentioned enough, that the FBI somehow knows the victims' families don't want to hear it right now .... it's just ridiculous.  Why does she make these stupid guesses when the FBI said they did it because they didn't want to glorify the ISIS people named in the calls? You don't have to guess, Whoopi.  They told America the reason they did it.  I just don't get her need to speculate with these dumb theories of hers.  

Her sneering at having to actually show a clip of Cory Lewandowsky ... I just feel so insulted when she does that kind of thing.  I tune in to watch the show and I don't mind seeing clips of things they are talking about, but she is so damn nasty about it, it's as if she is mocking me for wanting to see it. 

I like that Sara stood up to Whoopi about Taylor Swift's hooking up habits.  Whoopi doesn't know any more about Taylor Swift than Sara does.  She doesn't know if Taylor hits it and runs and laughs all the way to the STD clinic or if she lays in bed alone and cries herself to sleep every damn night.  Where does she get off criticizing Sara for believing what she has read when she is just making blind guesses and assumptions based on her own promiscuity?  Here's a newsflash for you Whoopi: not everyone has a revolving door on their bedroom like you do.  It's just as likely Sara is right as it is you are! 

Then another lecture from her about how awesome it is to be alone, you should be alone if you don't have the perfect person, there is something wrong with you if you don't like being alone.  And when people didn't fall in line with her like she is used to, she actually said their way of thinking is why young women need empowering ... because they hear stuff like they were saying.  Well I think SHE is the one who leaves people feeling inadequate and in need of empowering, because she is so damn superior and judgmental and condescending.  

What I heard Sunny and Paula and Sara and Joy saying is the kinds of things I hear everyday from other women ... it's fine to be alone, but that may not be what you want at a certain time.  And it is not the worst thing in the world to be in the company of someone who is less than flawless because while they may not be the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you appreciate other things about them and enjoy their company for what it is.  It doesn't mean you are throwing you life away on a "bonehead" because you are afraid to be alone and you deserve Whoopi Goldberg's scorn.  Just stop judging people you bombastic old hag!  

Her screaming about the NRA even annoyed me.  And it's hard to annoy me when you are criticizing the NRA because I don't LIKE the NRA. But she managed it. Glaring into the camera, the self-righteous bellowing.  Even when I agree with her she manages to aggravate me. 

The only saving grace of the whole hour was the way it seemed like this particular group was not willing to back down to Whoopi the way certain other panelist combinations do.  Sara was tougher than I have ever seen her be, and if she can keep it up she is welcome to stick around.  Joy has been super sharp lately and isn't taking any guff from anyone, which I love.  And Sunny and Paula seem less inclined to roll over for Whoopi if the other panelists are standing up to her.  They were able to collectively pound into her head that there is a difference between being alone and being lonely which shows that if only more people had been willing to challenge her, she might not have been able to rage unchecked all these years.  I just hope they don't end up plugging a Whoopi sycophant into the panel and disrupt the chemistry I saw today.  If she has an ally to suck up to her like Nicole used to do it will ruin everything.

Sorry for the long rant, it's a slow day over here and Whoopi really ticked me off! 

• Love 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whoopi was unbearable today.  Her idea that the FBI edited the Orlando shooter's 911 calls because the ISIS thing is "already out there" and it's been mentioned enough, that the FBI somehow knows the victims' families don't want to hear it right now .... it's just ridiculous.  Why does she make these stupid guesses when the FBI said they did it because they didn't want to glorify the ISIS people named in the calls? You don't have to guess, Whoopi.  They told America the reason they did it.  I just don't get her need to speculate with these dumb theories of hers.  

Her sneering at having to actually show a clip of Cory Lewandowsky ... I just feel so insulted when she does that kind of thing.  I tune in to watch the show and I don't mind seeing clips of things they are talking about, but she is so damn nasty about it, it's as if she is mocking me for wanting to see it. 

I like that Sara stood up to Whoopi about Taylor Swift's hooking up habits.  Whoopi doesn't know any more about Taylor Swift than Sara does.  She doesn't know if Taylor hits it and runs and laughs all the way to the STD clinic or if she lays in bed alone and cries herself to sleep every damn night.  Where does she get off criticizing Sara for believing what she has read when she is just making blind guesses and assumptions based on her own promiscuity?  Here's a newsflash for you Whoopi: not everyone has a revolving door on their bedroom like you do.  It's just as likely Sara is right as it is you are! 

Then another lecture from her about how awesome it is to be alone, you should be alone if you don't have the perfect person, there is something wrong with you if you don't like being alone.  And when people didn't fall in line with her like she is used to, she actually said their way of thinking is why young women need empowering ... because they hear stuff like they were saying.  Well I think SHE is the one who leaves people feeling inadequate and in need of empowering, because she is so damn superior and judgmental and condescending.  

What I heard Sunny and Paula and Sara and Joy saying is the kinds of things I hear everyday from other women ... it's fine to be alone, but that may not be what you want at a certain time.  And it is not the worst thing in the world to be in the company of someone who is less than flawless because while they may not be the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you appreciate other things about them and enjoy their company for what it is.  It doesn't mean you are throwing you life away on a "bonehead" because you are afraid to be alone and you deserve Whoopi Goldberg's scorn.  Just stop judging people you bombastic old hag!  

Her screaming about the NRA even annoyed me.  And it's hard to annoy me when you are criticizing the NRA because I don't LIKE the NRA. But she managed it. Glaring into the camera, the self-righteous bellowing.  Even when I agree with her she manages to aggravate me. 

The only saving grace of the whole hour was the way it seemed like this particular group was not willing to back down to Whoopi the way certain other panelist combinations do.  Sara was tougher than I have ever seen her be, and if she can keep it up she is welcome to stick around.  Joy has been super sharp lately and isn't taking any guff from anyone, which I love.  And Sunny and Paula seem less inclined to roll over for Whoopi if the other panelists are standing up to her.  They were able to collectively pound into her head that there is a difference between being alone and being lonely which shows that if only more people had been willing to challenge her, she might not have been able to rage unchecked all these years.  I just hope they don't end up plugging a Whoopi sycophant into the panel and disrupt the chemistry I saw today.  If she has an ally to suck up to her like Nicole used to do it will ruin everything.

Sorry for the long rant, it's a slow day over here and Whoopi really ticked me off! 

Brava! your post is perfection....I would like to add, that I like Sarah Haines, while my preference is Michele..I like what Sarah brings to the table and she is stunning...I will sit by myself in the corner now...It cannot be said enough that Whoopi is a bitch period..She is revolting...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

Well said Celia & my sentiments exactly.  When I watch the show "upstairs", my TV is on my kitchen table & Whoopi's face is about two arm lengths away, but I'd still like to punch her in her big fat, ignorant mouth.  Just sayin'.

I love this group of women!!!

• Love 6

Whoopi was particularly annoying today.  She was shouting  and trying to shut everyone else up.  That is not moderating the panel!  As my kids used to say:  Who died and made you the boss!  She shows no respect for everyone  else and interrupts when they are speaking.  That is not fun to listen to.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Brava! your post is perfection....I would like to add, that I like Sarah Haines, while my preference is Michele..I like what Sarah brings to the table and she is stunning...I will sit by myself in the corner now...It cannot be said enough that Whoopi is a bitch period..She is revolting...

THIS THIS AND THIS!!!  Miss Whoopi makes me itchy for the FF on my remote so I miss hearing what the other panelists have to contribute, STFU and buy a manual on how to moderate!

21 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Well said Celia & my sentiments exactly.  When I watch the show "upstairs", my TV is on my kitchen table & Whoopi's face is about two arm lengths away, but I'd still like to punch her in her big fat, ignorant mouth.  Just sayin'.

I love this group of women!!!

I am sensing more of a backbone happening too! 

• Love 9

It cracks me up that Whoopi is so adamant about living alone but still has a revolving door to her bedroom.  The more she mocks the other women for their committed relationships, the more I think she protests too much.  Maybe she's not jealous of their marriages, but I think that revolving door hasn't gotten any use for some time.

I myself am furious about the Senate blocking any discussion about gun control so I didn't mind Whoopi's outbursts.  Paula is living in a dream world if she thinks Susan Collins will have any luck with her bill.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

It cracks me up that Whoopi is so adamant about living alone but still has a revolving door to her bedroom.  The more she mocks the other women for their committed relationships, the more I think she protests too much.  Maybe she's not jealous of their marriages, but I think that revolving door hasn't gotten any use for some time.

I myself am furious about the Senate blocking any discussion about gun control so I didn't mind Whoopi's outbursts.  Paula is living in a dream world if she thinks Susan Collins will have any luck with her bill.

I definitely agree. Whoopi is alone because nobody wants to deal with her. Hell, we can't stand to see her 40 (or whatever it works out to be) minutes a day. I don't believe anything she says. To me if anyone can find love in their life then that is what living is all about. To snipe at people who have it only to brag about whatever she has constantly doesn't ring true. Her "revolving door" sounds revolting to me. It's not true anyway.

Republican Susan Collins from my state hopefully can do some good.

• Love 7

Whoopi is delusional!!!  I don't think there's a man desperate enough to take on "that" ... just sayin'.

Also, I've been lonely with my husband sitting in the same room, so ...

I've been without a partner for a few years & I'm quite content!  Far from lonely.

I do, however, understand younger women feeling lonely because they've never learned to just be alone.  It's an acquired comfort.

• Love 18