Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/20/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Trump did comment on it and what jeb said was true. I watched his speech.  I'm Canadian and don't have a horse in this race but they do twist his words and tell only one side.  They take sound bites and ignore the rest.

39 minutes ago, Haleth said:

"That's not what he said, Jedidiah."  Loved the way she intoned it, barely holding in her impatience.  

Damn.  Dow ended up down over 600 pts.  The implications of Brexit might have been worth a comment from Trump.

My bold.  BUT, you're assuming The Donald KNOWS the implications of Brexit.  NOT!!!  LOL.

• Love 8
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Jpxfactor said:

Trump did comment on it and what jeb said was true. I watched his speech.  I'm Canadian and don't have a horse in this race but they do twist his words and tell only one side.  They take sound bites and ignore the rest.

Unfortunately, the entire world has a horse in this race, whether it wants to or not. When the US sneezes, our allies and enemies all risk catching pneumonia. With Trump as commander-in-chief, make that double pneumonia, acute renal failure, catastrophic brain bleed and third-degree burns over 98 percent of the body. I wish I were joking. The man is uninformed, dangerously unpredictable and frankly unhinged; that he has cheerleaders on The View is not to the show's credit. IMHO, of course. 

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 19

It wasn't Kool-Aid either.. and Joy should know that.. Even though it's the Kool-Aid thing that caught on because people are stupid. It was very clearly Flavor Aid.. Shamtz Facts. Sorry.. I love Joy! She is so awesome and speaks for me as a 75 year old woman. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

It wasn't Kool-Aid either.. and Joy should know that.. Even though it's the Kool-Aid thing that caught on because people are stupid. It was very clearly Flavor Aid.. Shamtz Facts. Sorry.. I love Joy! She is so awesome and speaks for me as a 75 year old woman. 

What are "we" talking about here.  Kool-Aid???

• Love 1

It was just sarcasm from her using the Kool-Aid joke which that is a very well known mistake... Referring to the Jonestown Massacre... It was Flavor Aid.. not Kool Aid.. but it's ok. Joy is still awesome and great. Was just a silly observation. Joy rocks. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

It was just sarcasm from her using the Kool-Aid joke which that is a very well known mistake... Referring to the Jonestown Massacre... It was Flavor Aid.. not Kool Aid.. but it's ok. Joy is still awesome and great. Was just a silly observation. Joy rocks. 

Thanks for the clarification.  ..... & all along I thought it was Kool-Aid used in Jonestown & why the brainwashed reference stuck.

• Love 2

Drinking the kool-aid has evolved into having many definitions and whether or not it was kool-aid or Flavor-Aid that was used at Jonestown, or both, as has been also reported, doesn't really make people stupid who think it was kool-aid.  That was a long time ago.  The phrase was commonly used in business, which is where I know it from, and it is also used in politics.  Was Joy talking about Jonestown specifically?

And yes, IA Morgalisa, kool-aid is like kleenex.

• Love 8

No .. Joy seemed to have no clue. She was right though.. Sorry for dissenting. And, the Kool-Aid, Flavor-Aid thing is more just silliness. And no, Joy had no clue what she was talking about when it came to that, which is why Whoopi had to tell her she'd explain it to her during commercial.. Joy is great at barking out her points, but she is horrible at defending them face to face without making a joke and being sarcastic about the whole thing. Yeah yeah.. Whoopi sucks, Sherri is gross, Raven is young and stupid, Sara is an airhead, Sunny is ok, but no like her take on marriage so NO! So JOY!! I'm lighting a candle now for her.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, backformore said:

What Jed MISSED was that Trump wasn't even IN Scotland because of the EU vote.  He was there to promote the opening of his new golf course!

Is this the SAME golf course he was supposed to open a few years ago, but walked away from? I can't recall where I saw it, CNN, maybe, but the Scots hate him and wish he would stay away from Scotland. And in typical fashion, the bloward was totally tone deaf and blamed the failure on Scotland.

And now I will admit to being an ignoranimus. What does "manifest destiny" mean? I'm too tired to look it up. And yeah, okay. Too lazy as well. It's been a rough week.

• Love 1

And now I will admit to being an ignoranimus. What does "manifest destiny" mean? I'm too tired to look it up. And yeah, okay. Too lazy as well. It's been a rough week.

It was the 19th century idea that it was America's destiny to control all of North America.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:
9 hours ago, susieq147 said:

I consider myself a liberal and I don't think Raven qualifies as such.    IMO a liberal is someone who wants to make things better, more fair for everyone.  I don't see Raven being that at all.  She is selfish and entitled and quite frankly a complete idiot.

I only called her a liberal because she is not a conservative...you are right in that she is a complete idiot...lol

Raven wants the rights fought for by liberals and to be taxed like a rich conservative.  She made more sense when she was 4 yrs old on the Cosby show.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 6/23/2016 at 11:37 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Darden's segment was really good & the ladies asked very thoughtful (& intelligent) questions.  Well worth watching!!

Well until Whoopi started to ask a question but seemed to be distracted and lost the thought and then barked at whoever was telling her to wrap so she just threw up her hands and said, "We're out of time."   Good job Whoopi. 

On 6/23/2016 at 0:30 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

You know, I wondered if someone behind the scenes finally--finally!--had a sit down with all these women and told them, "Seriously, just forget Whoopi." Because they've been doing it all week. Whoopi is about to explode, shutdown the conversation, or begin one of her long tirades, and 9 times out of 10 the other women ignore her, interrupt her, or continue like she isn't even there. That's the only way a panel is going to be able to work with her there, so keep it up, ladies!

Or this particular group is smart enough and self confident enough in their own opinions (and careers) there doesn't seem a need to patronize the washed up Movie Stah who is always yelling.  But they aren't rude back either.   Honestly, I don't know how Paula puts up that crap from Whoopi day in and day out and I applaud the way she does it so professionally with a smile (sometimes a smirk) and always seems to let it roll off her like water off a duck's back. 

On 6/24/2016 at 9:11 AM, Bronzedog said:

I liked Sunny a lot today.  Arsenio Hall gets stranger with every passing year. 

Yeah, he does! And not in a good way either. 

I like Sunny on this show a lot!  I like that she's willing to share personal stories even when they aren't always that flattering, I love that she's super smart and had a real career before TV.   I even like her new highlights, but still think she needs a new haircut, lol.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
typos :-(
  • Love 4