Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

Sonja sets out to change her ways. Meanwhile, LuAnn makes a surprising announcement about her romantic life; Bethenny plans a getaway to Mexico, but the group fractures over who should or shouldn't be invited; and Carole fosters a kitten.

4 hours ago, Tara Ariano said:

Sonja sets out to change her ways. Meanwhile, LuAnn makes a surprising announcement about her romantic life; Bethenny plans a getaway to Mexico, but the group fractures over who should or shouldn't be invited; and Carole fosters a kitten.

not another f'ing "kih-en"...

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Is she legitimately fostering or is it just for the camera's, I find it hard to believe that she is taking care of these animals. 

If she can't take care of herself how is she going to take care of an animal?

Carole takes care of herself just fine, her animals seem well taken care of and the fostering is real. 

• Love 18

Well according to Carole she can't cook. Can't write. Can't deliver her book that she was paid for and had to renege on her contract. Carries her dogs poop around in a coffee cup instead of just taking her make believe pet to the vet.

Yeah she has got it all together.

Maybe she get some more pets. Yeah that's the ticket.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Trooper York said:

Well according to Carole she can't cook. Can't write. Can't deliver her book that she was paid for and had to renege on her contract. Carries her dogs poop around in a coffee cup instead of just taking her make believe pet to the vet.

I don't know if you have a pet, but when the vet asks for a stool sample, how would you choose to transport it?  I personally found the coffee cup pretty ingenious, better than carrying it around in the baggie. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Oh I always bring my dog shit out with me while I am shopping for photography equipment. It is perfectly alright to bring it into a store and put it on the counter where it might spill on the space where expensive photography equipment is placed. Or where another unsuspecting customer might put his elbow in it.

I guess it is the cool new accessory like a porkpie hat or a bear suit.

(I am going to stop now. Sorry. This is better in the Carole thread. My apologies)

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

The poop in a cup was gross but that's better than sitting a clear zip baggie with dog poop on the counter. LOL

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Carole takes care of herself just fine, her animals seem well taken care of and the fostering is real. 

I'm shallow because I worry more about Lee Raziwill's vintage sofa because it was one of Carole's most interesting story lines. On the other hand if ki'en does to Razi's upholstery what my Siamese did to mine that ki'en may be quickly re-homed.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Oh I always bring my dog shit out with me while I am shopping for photography equipment. It is perfectly alright to bring it into a store and put it on the counter where it might spill on the space where expensive photography equipment is placed. Or where another unsuspecting customer might put his elbow in it.

I guess it is the cool new accessory like a porkpie hat or a bear suit.

(I am going to stop now. Sorry. This is better in the Carole thread. My apologies)

Responding in Carole's thread

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Ramona  , , ,  looks like an old woman trying to look young.

That would be accurate, yes. ;)

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 13

Ramona is soooo salty! She's going to be that bitch at Tom and Luann's reception that dedicates Vesta's "Congratulations" to the happy couple.

I'm still over Carole and her thing with Luann. When Ramona is the voice of reason in her TH, then you know you fucked up.

• Love 21
(edited)

Methenny asks about Luann taking crystal meth?  Methenny looks like she bathes in crystal meth.

Why is she bleeding?  I bet she's got something like fibroids.  They can be a bitch, I had fibroids many years ago; they thought I had 5 of them, turned out I had 20, they removed them, the end.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 21

At first the glaring power inequity between Beth and the other HWs irritated me, but as the season's gone on, the women have found a way to make it somehow entertaining to me. The way they sidestep but still allude to their real feelings; it's a pretty deft dance they're all doing, and I'm enjoying watching.

That final scene between Lu and Bethenny was pretty funny. Luann was clearly/alternately annoyed/squirmy but watching her navigate kissing the ring with her impatience at Bethenny/getting that greenlight for the Mexico trip was all kinds of hilarious.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Luann is acting weird about this dude.  She's fake/giddy.  Or something.

I said it 3 weeks or so ago when we were first introduced Tom but I'll say it again:

These two aren't going to make it down the aisle.

The RED FLAGS are blaring with regards to Tom.  This is the same dude that was caught on camera hitting on Ramona in Season 1;  8 yrs ago.   He's the RHONY version of Slade Smiley (who btw, still isn't married to Gretchen, despite that phony engagement party 3 yrs ago).

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I bet she's got something like fibroids.  They can be a bitch, I had fibroids many years ago; they thought I had 5 of them, turned out I had 20, they removed them, the end

Been there, done that, had the hysterectomy at age 37.  But I didn't blast my nasty female issues all over television like Bethenny is apparently going to do.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Been there, done that, had the hysterectomy at age 37.  But I didn't blast my nasty female issues all over television like Bethenny is apparently going to do.

I don't think you are the type to do a reality show, so you were saved from that decision.  ;)

• Love 9

What the hell has happened to Luann over 8 seasons?! She used to be somewhat likable (as much as a RH can be), and so concerned with manners and decorum. Now she's acting like a bawdy lush who can't keep her mouth shut.

The way that she's bragging about Tom is so strange. And did he propose or was this just a random Tuesday night conversation of "I think we should get married"? "Alrighty!"

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, escape said:

The RED FLAGS are blaring with regards to Tom.  This is the same dude that was caught on camera hitting on Ramona in Season 1;  8 yrs ago.   He's the RHONY version of Slade Smiley (who btw, still isn't married to Gretchen, despite that phony engagement party 3 yrs ago).

Yep, red flags all over the place. Beth is right though - Lu doesn't want to see it. Maybe it will work out great and they will live a happy life together. Just from some of the things I've read, the other gals thought this was a plot device for Lu. We shall see. Maybe it started out as that and moved to something like actual love. And has Lu always been so uncaring, or are we just now seeing it? For the most part, I've always liked Lu and never noticed that trait. Not caring one bit about Jules and her father, and then this with Beth. I could see a guy not getting it, but another woman should certainly understand that if you are bleeding like that for days on end, you are not feeling very good. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ExplainItAgain said:

What the hell has happened to Luann over 8 seasons?! She used to be somewhat likable (as much as a RH can be), and so concerned with manners and decorum. Now she's acting like a bawdy lush who can't keep her mouth shut.

The way that she's bragging about Tom is so strange. And did he propose or was this just a random Tuesday night conversation of "I think we should get married"? "Alrighty!"

The count dropped her, and after she fucked the married pirate the gig was up, and others stopped covering up for her completely fake persona. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

She needs some sort of sympathy angle to lessen her OTT nasty tirades. Last season it was having shared custody and her nasty divorce, this season it is an occasional mention of the ongoing divorce but she needed more, hence her sharing her fibroid issue. Notice she told Luann she was going to her Dr. the next day but we see her shopping with Dorinda instead and telling Dorinda she needed to go see her Dr.LOL

• Love 10

Fat Tipsy Bitches! 

I think Sonja is my second favorite housewife on all the series. If she could figure out a way to pull me out from Vanderpump's manipulative grasp, she's totally number one!

• Love 12

Another good episode! I am absolutely loving LuAnn this season! 

She just gets under those sanctimonious birds Bethenny and Carole just nicely.   The fact she went there and called those two "life partners" was spot on; Now Bethenny is blooding.   Petty.   Now before anyone gets their panties or draws in twist I wouldn't make light of this if Bethenny wasn't sucha bitch this season.   Plus Bethenny gets her rocks off too being offensive to the other women.   She even asked LuAnn if she was on meth because she wasn't listening to her.   Comedy.  Again,  Bethenny is so one sided.   They have to listen to her and do as she says no one should ever disagree or difference in opinion with the queen!   I like Lu just gets agitates her just enough so Bethenny can stop talking!   It's perfect.   That's what one has to do with a person like Bethenny. 

Which brings me to the sit down about the Mexico trip,  I found it funny Bethenny asked the women who should come or not come.   Would it had matteres??   Imagine if the women said everyone comes.   She would had forced her opinion yet again that LuAnn and Sonja shouldn't.   

Dorinda,  really was trying to spin this shit on Ramona,  huh.  I think she still feels guilty,  as she should,  about Sonja being disinvited to the Berks.   Now she wants to make Ra and Sonja butt heads to look good in Sonja's eyes.   Ramona has been a bad friend to Sonja since  she's been up Bethenny's backside but Dorinda isn't being slick in the least. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yep, red flags all over the place. Beth is right though - Lu doesn't want to see it. Maybe it will work out great and they will live a happy life together. Just from some of the things I've read, the other gals thought this was a plot device for Lu. We shall see. Maybe it started out as that and moved to something like actual love. And has Lu always been so uncaring, or are we just now seeing it? For the most part, I've always liked Lu and never noticed that trait. Not caring one bit about Jules and her father, and then this with Beth. I could see a guy not getting it, but another woman should certainly understand that if you are bleeding like that for days on end, you are not feeling very good. 

Maybe Luann just though Bethenny was going through perimenopause, some women can have month + long heavy periods during the latter stage of it. I know I did just that.

• Love 12

I don't know, but I saw red flags flying like crazy when Lu talked about Tom. He banged Sawn-ya apparently after he started dating Lu, calls his ex every day and bought her a gold bracelet for Christmas per Ramona, may or may not be true. Yeah, I don't think this is going to end well.

This is the day it's been reported Jules is getting a divorce and this is the episode she complains about her husband. She might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I think she suspected he's been cheating. I feel bad for her and her children. 

I don't like when they have these trips and don't invite everyone. But that was slick how Lu invited herself when she really wasn't getting invited.

Bethenny thinks Lu talks too much and doesn't listen? Has B. watched herself on this show lately? 

Now I guess we have to suffer thru Bethenny's female problems and bleeding all over the place. Oh goody! Just get a D&C and go from there. 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

Another good episode! I am absolutely loving LuAnn this season! 

She just gets under those sanctimonious birds Bethenny and Carole just nicely.   The fact she went there and called those two "life partners" was spot on; Now Bethenny is blooding.   Petty.   Now before anyone gets their panties or draws in twist I wouldn't make light of this if Bethenny wasn't sucha bitch this season.   Plus Bethenny gets her rocks off too being offensive to the other women.   She even asked LuAnn if she was on meth because she wasn't listening to her.   Comedy.  Again,  Bethenny is so one sided.   They have to listen to her and do as she says no one should ever disagree or difference in opinion with the queen!   I like Lu just gets agitates her just enough so Bethenny can stop talking!   It's perfect.   That's what one has to do with a person like Bethenny. 

Which brings me to the sit down about the Mexico trip,  I found it funny Bethenny asked the women who should come or not come.   Would it had matteres??   Imagine if the women said everyone comes.   She would had forced her opinion yet again that LuAnn and Sonja shouldn't.   

Dorinda,  really was trying to spin this shit on Ramona,  huh.  I think she still feels guilty,  as she should,  about Sonja being disinvited to the Berks.   Now she wants to make Ra and Sonja butt heads to look good in Sonja's eyes.   Ramona has been a bad friend to Sonja since  she's been up Bethenny's backside but Dorinda isn't being slick in the least. 

Wasn't Dorinda the first HW to say "No" Sonja going to Mexico to Bethenny at the table, yet she made it sound like all the others made that decision, not her. Dorinda is an expert at playing the HW game! LOL

• Love 19
(edited)
5 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I can hear the conversation now.

T:  So, I was thinking, you don't care that I've fucked your friends, and well, let's face it, any little piece that catches my eye, and I always will, old dogs don't learn new tricks after all.  Still, I'm tired of all the lies, and I like being married, and I've always wanted to be on TV, so whaddayasay we just get married?

L:  Well, God knows I need a storyline because I nearly got fired this year after that contract hold out, and I do like fucking you and I like being married too.  I don't really give a flying fish who you fuck, but remember, I reserve that same right too.  We can make a deal like I had with my other husband, be somewhat discreet, get tested regularly, an of course, no pre nup.  There is nothing like marriage to attract the men, you know?

T:  Oh ditto man!  The babes fall all over us married guys, but about that pre nup, let's say we trade some TV time for me and a few extra thousand from me up front?  Anyway, the lawyers can work all that crap out.  I can't believe I finally landed a woman who squirts!  It's such a turn on to never have to ask if you came, or wonder if you are faking it?  Ramona fakes it all the damn time, and Sonja usually passes out, but you really show me how good I am. 

L:  How do you know Ramona fakes it?  Oh and I've always wanted to ask, is she strictly Missionary position?  What about Sonja, I heard from another shared acquaintance that she really gets wild with the whips?

T:  Let's go home and after a couple of squirts I"ll tell you all about them! 

both giggle and rapidly leave

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Wasn't Dorinda the first HW to say "No" Sonja going to Mexico to Bethenny at the table, yet she made it sound like all the others made that decision, not her. Dorinda is an expert at playing the HW game! LOL

I noticed that, too. I'm amazed at how she's skated by on her obvious politiking to get on Bethenny's good side. First with excluding Sonja from the Berks under the pretense of doing it for Sonja's own good, now to this. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe Luann just though Bethenny was going through perimenopause, some women can have month + long heavy periods during the latter stage of it. I know I did just that.

Could be, but Beth said she didn't feel well. She said she was worried and that she thought something was wrong. Lu seemed insulted at the implication from Beth that they might not be friends later on in the conversation. If you are friends with someone, and they share something like that with you, you stop and you make it about them for a time. Lu didn't do that. She made it all about herself. Later when Beth said she was feeling really bad and wanted to get home, Lu tried to convince her into staying and having another glass of wine because Lu was more concerned about the Mexico trip. Just seemed extremely insensitive to me, and I didn't remember that about Lu. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yeah!   Dorinda claims she was saving Sonja's life or whatever.   Bullshit if you ask me.   

• Love 11

I have no opinions as of yet vis-à-vis Tom's general trustworthiness (he was captured in a photograph engaging with Ramona's *friend* eight years ago? *shrug* New York social circles are relatively claustrophobic in my experience) but isn't "giddiness" a conventional hallmark of romance?

I sure find it more relatable that Carole still devoting copious energy to axe-grinding over year-old events.

And I didn't realize from her diction in an earlier episode that she hadn't even yet submitted a proposal for this cookbook. So she blew off her professional contractual obligations to focus on a project over which Adam has expressed no enthusiasm on camera even though it may benefit him?

Uhhhh I guess I shouldn't be shocked but I am.

• Love 21
(edited)

I admit it.  I loved Lu talking over Beth and not letting her get a word in when they were having cocktails.  She pulled a 'Beth' on Beth.  I don't even care what she was saying.  She shut up Bethenny Frankel.

According to Beth's blog tonight:  The ratings are flying, the drama is real, and I give zero f---s if people love or hate me. This is a reality show and in dealing with this particular group of women, THIS is my reality.

Yikes!  Ok, Beth.....  You really need therapy because you don't need the money to be on the show.

Loved Avery calling her mom out on what she said to Lu.

I'm finding this clique thing really immature.  They're really squeezing Sonja out.  Ro is going to be bored to tears without Lu or Sonja being on the trip.  I enjoyed Lu inviting herself...because it annoyed Beth.

TMI Beth on your female problems. 

Ro's extensions look horrible.  Twelve inches too long and she needs a little height on top.

I hope the things being said about Lu's boyfriend are greatly exaggerated.  After all, this stuff is coming from Ro and Sonja.

Jules and her husband seemed fine on the previous episodes.  Now, there's trouble in paradise.  Wonder if there was some last minute editing.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 24

Sonja wasn't going on that trip while continuing to represent Tipsy Girl, because Bethenny wasn't going to give the Shyster any screen time.  The only open issue was Luann, and when Carole said, quite understandably, that she didn't want to go if Luann was coming?

Over.

I really don't have a problem with that, or with either woman's reasons.  Luann shouldn't have done a bullshit text apology to Carole, perhaps if she'd owned her behavior and given a real apology, this wouldn't be an issue.

As far as Sonja?  Until the Tipsy Girl scam fails, which it will, Bethenny will not speak with her.  Was she unclear about that?

• Love 6