Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/13/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Cristella would add nothing. But then, neither does Sarah.  There would be 3 comedians, two right wingers (if CCB stays), Sarah and a child protege, who doubles as Peter Pan since she never grows up.

• Love 5

"Listen..." how Whoopi starts almost every sentence when she's trying to go against what almost any panelist says (even if they are agreeing with her).

Joys frustration is written all over her face and I don't blame her. 

These past few "prop Raven up" weeks have been dreadful. She derails convo with RavenBabble and there is absolutely no humility. She's a mini Whoopi.

I don't get the characterization of Sarah as an airhead. Is it because she's blonde and that's a stereotype? She was the only one working in facts today and unlike the other panelists (Pauala) she hasn't tried to passive aggressively slant how a story is presented and I appreciate that.

If Crjstela somehow takes away Sunnys seat that would be a shame.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, geekburger said:

don't get the characterization of Sarah as an airhead. Is it because she's blonde and that's a stereotype? She was the only one working in facts today and unlike the other panelists (Pauala) she hasn't tried to passive aggressively slant how a story is presented and I appreciate that.

Thank you. I agree.

• Love 16
(edited)

I very much appreciated Sara's impassioned plea yesterday to remember the  importance of separation of church and state. It was well and clearly stated and direct.   A rare ability in most of the remaining panel members.

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 13

Well, Candice hasn't been on the show to say anything about the incident. But she did post this to her Instagram..  She did offer her prayers, but she also... It doesn't matter.  Intolerance happens on both sides.  Joy's last Twitter message (6/9) was how she's sexually attracted to Bernie and even she wants him to pull out. I know Candace is being fake and yadda yadda. 

• Love 1

Cristella would add nothing. But then, neither does Sarah.  There would be 3 comedians, two right wingers (if CCB stays), Sarah and a child protege, who doubles as Peter Pan since she never grows up.

What about Sunny? I'm sure she would be there before CCB.

We know airhead Sara Haines is a definite. So will it be CCB, Raven or Sunny?

(edited)
19 minutes ago, druzy said:

Why is Raven still there? I loved the disgusted look on Joy's face when she looked at Raven with the duct tape.

Raven is so immature and does not belong on this show..Whoopi is such a bitch to Paula for no reason..I love the fact that she does not back down from questioning the omniscient movie stah....I am tired of her constant lectures and her inability to express a cogent point....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
(edited)

So Whoopi "I don't care what you think" Goldberg thinks breast feeding should not be done in public because it might hurt the feelings of mothers who can't do it or have lost a child?  Um, what?

I'd make it a drinking game for every time Whoopi says "listen" but I don't like being drunk before noon.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

Today's show was absolutely awful. I guess Robin Roberts didn't appear to promote the Disney new location in China considering what's going on in Disney World right now. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok why did Raven have duct tape on her mouth and if it has to come off please remove it s-l-o-w-w-w-w-l-y!  

Not recording any more, tuned in briefly and then tuned out once Miss Whoopi decided she could say things better than everyone else around her....."listen to me", "here's the thing" and then just repeats what someone to her left just said, I would be insulted to have her clarify what I thought was loud and clear!  STFU!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
spelling, grammar and pulling a Miss Whoopi on it!
  • Love 8
(edited)

This Whoopi tirade on breastfeeding has angered me as much as her defense of rapists. Maybe I'm just cranky. Hey Whoops, replace the words "nursing moms" with the words "black people" in your rant and see how that shit sounds. I actively despise her. She knew she was being a dick. Is she still trying to get fired?

ETA: Should never post before drinking coffee

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 10

Please do not have your children in public at all because it will make someone who can't have children feel bad. Also don't hold hands with your loved one as it will make those of us who have lost their love one feel bad.  Everyone stay home.  

Dont think I'm up to watching today blood pressure might be in jeopardy. 

On another note Al Roaker  did a segment with Jim his wife  and kids.  He said he feels he is a good dad himself but to spend time with Jim he was very taken with what a great dad Jim is. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Please do not have your children in public at all because it will make someone who can't have children feel bad. Also don't hold hands with your loved one as it will make those of us who have lost their love one feel bad.  Everyone stay home.  

Especially you thoughtless skinny people!  Stop walking around in public.  I'm fat and it hurts my feelings to have to look at you.  

And while I am banning people from appearing in public, all you men with dark hair and dimples, keep your asses in the house.  You remind me of my ex-husband and seeing you upsets me.

• Love 18

on yesterday's show during the good housekeeping shill, Raven utters another GEM (I swear she should be in crown jewels collection) about the food home delivery service

" People think they are saving money by eating out, but...." 

HUH????

yeah, i know i always eat out to save money!

• Love 9
(edited)

Yeah, I generally head over to the House of Ramen Noodles restaurant to eat when I want to save money.  I like their 12 servings for $2 specials.  Boiling water extra.  Of course, you can get room temperature water free and hope for the best.  Moron.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 12
(edited)

Only on The View, a TALK SHOW, does one of the panelists tape her mouth closed because she's tired of OTHER PEOPLE talking.

There's a lot of nonsense in that sentence.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 19
(edited)

I think Whoopi was just playing devil's advocate during the breast-feeding topic because everyone was agreeing and she's the All-Time Master Contrarian.

I didn't post yesterday, but I wanted to say that I like Cristela, personally. Her voice is weird, but she seems kind of sweet--which is pretty rare for a show like this, actually. She gets on my nerves much less than Sunny often does (whenever she's in any mode outside politics).

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I found the way Raven sat there with her brow cocked looking around waiting for someone to acknowledge what she was doing to be especially annoying.  I soooooo wanted everyone to just ignore her.    I could kick Paula for pointing out her ridiculous little protest.   Joy clearly did not appreciate Raven's display.  I wish she had told her to knock it the hell off, because just as ChicagoCita pointed out above ... its a damn talk show.   You don't have the luxury of getting to ignore the Republican nominee for president for the five months leading up to the election because you feel pissy about the guy. 

If you think there is something wrong with the discussion, here's an idea, Raven .... how about you INFORM YOURSELF and start saying the things that need to be said about the man.  Point out his lies, his mistakes, his inconsistencies, his lack of coherent policy, his lack of preparedness for office, his wildly inappropriate demeanor.  Emphasize what a bigot he is and how most of his stated goals are either illegal, unachievable, or un-American.  It's not hard ... he gives you new ammo virtually every day.  Instead of taping your mouth shut like a fool, how about you take advantage of the national platform you have at your disposal to counter what his supporters go around spouting and enlighten the viewing public as to why they should not be voting for this man.  Just a thought. 

Exactly & well said!!!

Personally, I would have liked to slap that smug little puss & it looked like Joy wanted to too.

• Love 8
(edited)

Raven had taken a lesson from Whoops about just being mad and spouting crap about how others dont do the right thing ...according to them.

Yesterday Raven was angry abt analyzing the shooter vs. Talking about the victims. It would have been a perfect opportunity to name them and talk abt their lives....but no, Raven does not prepare or even think abt what she says,  thus throwing away what could have been a sensitive conversation.  

Hate her and her dumb hair....that's so hilarious when it comes undone.  I was rolling on the floor.

Looking for the  remote to turn her off. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Jaded said:

Today's show was absolutely awful. I guess Robin Roberts didn't appear to promote the Disney new location in China considering what's going on in Disney World right now. 

I'm curious, did they even mention this topic today?   I'm guessing no and not just because it's Disney but there isn't really much to say - it's horrifying.   I've stayed at that exact resort; I lived the longest year of my life in Florida and saw alligators on the golf course!  Terrifying.  

• Love 2

Couldn't agree more with those that think Raven was out of line today with the fucking (excuse me) tape. Obviously when she was slapping on her yarn and drawing her two row "rainbow" she thought it would be hilarious. And asked an aid to have the tape at the ready at her seat. I don't want her to grow up - I want her gone. Very disrespect to us and especially all the tragedies in Orlando they are experiencing this week and the tens of millions of us that care so much and ache for them.

• Love 14

is it me or does Sara look like she was about ready to have an emotional breakdown during the mom doing her routine on the crib and later during the breast feeding discussion.  maybe she came back too soon?  she seems much more composed and logical during non mom topics...imho

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Couldn't agree more with those that think Raven was out of line today with the fucking (excuse me) tape. Obviously when she was slapping on her yarn and drawing her two row "rainbow" she thought it would be hilarious. And asked an aid to have the tape at the ready at her seat. I don't want her to grow up - I want her gone. Very disrespect to us and especially all the tragedies in Orlando they are experiencing this week and the tens of millions of us that care so much and ache for them.

What confused me was that people with duct tape over their mouths is the symbol of the NO H8 pro-LGBT movement. It symbolizes both SILENCE=DEATH and the fact that initiatives like Prop 8 were meant to silence the voices of LGBT people and their allies. Of course Raven totally misunderstood the symbolism, if indeed she was ever aware of it.

Still scratching my head how she thought covering her own mouth with tape somehow translated into "I'm tired of hearing people talk about this subject." A rocket scientist, she is not.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 12

Haleth, I would "like" your comment but the buttons are missing right now.  I cover up my gray hair.  Hubs is 12 years younger and I don't want to look any more like his mother than I have to!

• Love 5

Whoopie saying she wouldn't have her job on The View if she wasn't black.  WTF?

I spent a fortune in money and time lightening my hair.  I'm actually fine with my grey hair.  Saves a lot of time.  Plus, Whoopie you cover up your head so the covered grey hair doesn't count.  Anything to be a contrarian.

• Love 7

Have there always been videos on this site that auto play? Today nothing seems to be working right and the screen keeps popping back up to the commercial video. It is actually more annoying than watching The View.

Today on After the View Sunny while eating Fritos said Paula told her they were corn, oil and salt. No artificial ingredients. Joy says "Paula makes stuff up," Raven said look it up. So I did. Paula was right! I know, who cares, but sometimes the journalist is right.

fritos0505.jpg

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie saying she wouldn't have her job on The View if she wasn't black.  WTF?

I spent a fortune in money and time lightening my hair.  I'm actually fine with my grey hair.  Saves a lot of time.  Plus, Whoopie you cover up your head so the covered grey hair doesn't count.  Anything to be a contrarian.

Yeah, because she fits the demographic I suppose. Or Whoopi would be trouble and call ABC Disney racist if they got rid of her. Pat Harvey is in LA but I think she would be an excellent choice. She's comes to mind but there are other better qualified people out there. One more year of the witch is what we are gonna get unfortunately.

• Love 2

is it me or does Sara look like she was about ready to have an emotional breakdown during the mom doing her routine on the crib and later during the breast feeding discussion.  

Airhead Sara Haines always has a blank look on her face and depends on the blue cards.  No idea why they thought she should replace Michelle.

Will Michelle ever be back or mentioned again?

2 hours ago, rcc said:

Today on After the View Sunny while eating Fritos said Paula told her they were corn, oil and salt. No artificial ingredients. Joy says "Paula makes stuff up," Raven said look it up. So I did. Paula was right! I know, who cares, but sometimes the journalist is right.

Yes, but the "corn" is genetically modified and has tested positive for pesticides. If Paula said there are no artificial ingredients, she's wrong.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

"I don't understand people who cover up their gray hair," says the woman with a craft store on her head.

That conversation wanted me to tear out my dyed hair! Raven scolded Sunny for not wanting to show any gray hairs and not showing her daughter her real self, while I don't believe I've ever seen Raven's natural hair. I'm sure it would look ten times better than the crap she wears on her head, and she would be showing her "real self".

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 15

There are real reasons, other than vanity, that women cover up grey hair.  Sometime ago it became illegal to ask a job applicant's age. Now, you can Google  a person so when someone applies for a job, you better believe they already know your age.  I was recently let go at a place where, guess what, 6 women that I know of, all over 50, were fired or forced to quit.  Especially for women, looking for a job , or trying to hold on to a job, gets more and more difficult every year past 50.

I will cover up my "natural silver highlights" as long as I please. I like my ash/golden blonde a lot better than that craft project nightmare Raven has on her head.

• Love 8
(edited)

Regarding Raven and the grey hair issue, doesn't it boil down to - we don't like inauthenticity? Now that Bitsy's gone, Raven and Miss Whoopi are the most inauthentic of the group. It's so obvious that they'll say things just to be contrary or outrageous without any true belief in what they're saying. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, rcc said:

Yeah, because she fits the demographic I suppose. Or Whoopi would be trouble and call ABC Disney racist if they got rid of her. Pat Harvey is in LA but I think she would be an excellent choice. She's comes to mind but there are other better qualified people out there. One more year of the witch is what we are gonna get unfortunately.

I'd say almost anyone on this forum is more qualified than Whoopi.  Or at least better informed.  

5 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Regarding Raven and the grey hair issue, doesn't it boil down to - we don't like inauthenticity? Now that Bitsy's gone, Raven and Miss Whoopi are the most inauthentic of the group. It's so obvious that they'll say things just to be contrary or outrageous without any true belief in what they're saying. 

I'm not sure about Raven (I liked her point/comment today about the wording of the second amendment) but Whoopi will say anything to try and pick a fight with Paula.  A good example would be Whoopi's completely ridiculous arguement about  not wanting women (i.e. Paula) breastfeeding in a restaurant because "she doesn't want to look at that."  When Paula told her to, "look away" Whoopi changed her argument to women who can't breastfeed might be bothered by it.  I thought the whole thing was stupid and she only did it to argue with Paula.  

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought it was a decent show today & Sara's input was very thoughtful & truly intelligent.  Just sayin'.

Same here.   On the other hand, it's a pretty low bar.  I was glad to see Sunny back at the table too.  I think she seems to elevate the conversation.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7