Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/13/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday: Bobby Brown ("Every Little Step: My Story"); a special edition of "View Your Deal" with "Good Housekeeping."

Tuesday: Jason Biggs and his wife, Jenny Mollen (author, "Live Fast Die Hot"). 

Wednesday: "Good Morning America"'s Robin Roberts from Shanghai Disney Resort and a Day of Hot Topics.

Thursday: Ed O'Neill ("Finding Dory," ABC's "Modern Family").

Friday: Jim Gaffigan ("The Jim Gaffigan Show").

Edited by Jaded

One has no filter and says offensive things with ease. The other has been pimping out his children on TV constantly well before they are old enough to have a choice in the matter for personal gain. When Jim guest hosted The Late Late Show last year his children were on a lot and he and his wife tried to make them perform some routine that none of them seemed interested in. Now those same kids are in Jim's Chrysler commercials. 

• Love 1

Every time I see one of those Jim Gaffigan "Dad Brand" commercials, I want to throw a brick at my tv.  But, he's not as offensive as Jason Biggs.  No wait!  Nope.  Still hate them both.

Oh man, watch Joy when Bobby Brown (the little puke) came out.  She didn't clap for him, barely looked at him when she asked her questions & tore up her cards after the segment with a real puss on her face.  They're having another segment with him coming up, so I can't wait to "read Joy".

• Love 1

On the one hand, Joy should be professional and keep her feelings to herself when interviewing someone she doesn't like...at the same time The View isn't exactly a show known for being objective.

Why should she keep her feelings to herself, the name of the show is The View.  The View is not the news it doesn't have to be objective.  Joy is not a professional journalist, she's a comedian.

• Love 10

I kinda liked Whooi during the Orlando discussion and liked that they had the news guy there.

As always, air head Sara  Haines just takes up space and I have no use for anything Bobby Brown writes or has to say.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I spit out my coffee when Paula was agreeing with the separation of church and state. Since when?

She has always been like that to my recollection..The Christian Barbie whom I don't miss has always wanted a Theocracy.....She was the one that wanted the ten commandments to be put on a government building....Someone on here can correct me, if I am wrong..

Paula has always been more open minded when it comes to the LGBT community, the only incident that she seemed to be a bit ignorant about was the bathroom law for Transgender people in North Carolina...I like Paula, even if she is a Trump fan...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

A sensitive show opening from a show that has been tone-deaf on many occasions. No music, no walk-out to applause, no bellowing of WELCOME TO THE VIEW, Y'ALL ten times. I am impressed with whoever made that call.

• Love 22
(edited)

Paula isn't as close-minded as a lot of born again Christians. I thought the opening was well done with Brian from ABC News as the first guest. Everyone had deep, sincere things to say, Whoopi included, particularly Raven (except the adult discussion).

Then we get Bobby Brown. Bragging about his sperm. Ugh! No wonder Cissy can't stand him. He wrote that book for the money. Plain and simple. No matter what altruistic piece of crap he spewed on the show. 

Frank Langella won a Tony last night and for the life of me I will never know why he had any relationship with Whoopi. He is such a gentleman.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 6

I think Paula is close-minded enough. If she's a little lighter on LGBT issues, it's because she saves most of her ire for other women and their rights.

However, I was happy when Paula read the quote from Whitney's mother (which I'd already read myself). I don't think he's to blame for the woman being on drugs, but Cissy Houston was right that he was never a protector for her. All he's done is cash-in on her name since she died. On top of that other relative who's selling all of Whitney's possessions for a quick buck (from her wedding dress and awards down to her passports and coloring books), what a family...! I didn't notice Joy during the interview, but if she didn't like him, it's hard to blame her. Naturally Raven and Whoopi kissed his ass.

Raven is just...so stupid, and eyeroll-worthy, and... Every time there's something related to the LGBT community, everyone has to look to her when they speak and let her respond/go first, and she could not be more incompetent. It's like getting Whoopi to be the spokesperson for victims of rape.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So little baby Raven asks, "Is that what adults do, or is that how adults think?"   You're a freaking adult Raven!  How old do you think you have to be to be an adult you annoying little yarn headed gnat???

Raven has been an adult for 10+years (18-21 years). She needs therapy for sure if she can't accept that fact.  

Raven also did her Norma Desmond eyeball stare  to show her anger. Why doesn't she get off her artistic ass and use her celebrity and $ to organize against hate crimes and for gun control?  

She's taken on lessons from Whoops abt yelling at others, rather than joining in any constructive, active support for her views. Volunteering is free.  Give blood maybe?   Nope, didnt hear anything abt helping Orlando folks. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Hmmm I love comics and have seen Jim in concert.   I don't watch his show and must tune out the commercials with his kid out of view in the one car ad.  I can't recall Whoopi ever saying anything funny while on the panel. 

Paula telling us we can admire the  president as a FATHER not as a commander and chief but as a FATHER she said it three times. Screw you. 

I think something happened during break because a Joy seemed to have a different attitude towards Bobby after.  She still contributed and smiled at till the end. I backed it up three times and did not see the cards being torn. 

Can someone tell me about the two paint streaks on Ravens face mean? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Add
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Hmmm I love comics and have seen Jim in concert.   I don't watch his show and must tune out the commercials with his kid out of view in the one car ad.  I can't recall Whoopi ever saying anything funny while on the panel. 

Paula telling us we can admire the  president as a FATHER not as a commander and chief but as a FATHER she said it three times. Screw you. 

I think something happened during break because a Joy seemed to have a different attitude towards Bobby after.  She still contributed and smiled at till the end. I backed it up three times and did not see the cards being torn. 

My bold.  She tore up her cards at the end of the first segment of their interview with him (that I watched at 9:00 a.m. MT).  It could be they "cut it out" for the next airing.

I assumed the stripes on Raven's face were some kind of solidarity with the LGBTQ community.  She's so dumb, she probably thought everyone would know.  Gawd!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
Added "of their interview with him" to clarify.
  • Love 2

I watched the show after reading the board. I was especially looking for the tearing of the cards. This segment probably would have been better as a pre taped interview for later in the week with only two or three of the hosts at the table. 

I'm guessing that since Sara came out with the rest of the group on a day such as today's special episode that she's definitely going to be on the panel next season. 

10 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

A sensitive show opening from a show that has been tone-deaf on many occasions. No music, no walk-out to applause, no bellowing of WELCOME TO THE VIEW, Y'ALL ten times. I am impressed with whoever made that call.

True but it only took Whoopi about eight minutes before she was shouting and ranting and telling us she doesn't care what we think. 

5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

It was three colors (blue, yellow, red) - a gay pride rainbow flag.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Thanks I only saw red and white and color is my life!  I did a search to no avail.  So Stacy 1014  did you see the tearing of the cards?? Was it Bitsy worthy ? 

I saw the card tearing. It was just as they went to commercial, but not noticeable unless you were looking back for it. She did look slightly annoyed when she did it. 

• Love 3

Whoopi is wrong. She jumped all over Sara when she reported that the ex-wife said her husband was gay then "clarified" it after the break. The fiance was speaking on her behalf in Portuguese to the reporter. Whoopi has something against the ABC News people sitting on that table. She does it to Paula, now Sara. Hateful ignorant witch!

http://nypost.com/2016/06/13/shooter-used-to-visit-orlando-gay-club-use-gay-dating-apps/      

I shut it off. Back to Whoopi free days and Joy moderating After the View.

• Love 3
(edited)

SHUT UP Raven..SHUT THE F UP...she was so obnoxious today in the discussion about the shooter's sexuality...It was not meant to be salacious and inappropriate, it should have been a thought-provoking discussion about homophobia, being in the closet and religion, but she had to derail it with her petulant attitude..Why does she feel her perspective on the LGBT community is the only valid one, just because she happens to be LGBT as well...I wanted to hear more from Joy about this guy's alleged repressed sexuality.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

I just keep thinking, 50 people died, and thousands of people had their lives changed forever, because this guy couldn't face his own orientation? If he went to that club for three years, then he saw much more than the alleged "kiss between two men" that supposedly triggered this slaughter.

I know this shooting has been a tabula rasa for everyone's preconceived notions about a lot of things, so I realize I am showing my bias as well, but it seems to me that if all the LGBT hate and rhetoric were toned down, and politicians and social leaders stressed love instead of judgment, we would all be better off.  "I have same sex attraction." "I have blue eyes. Let's go get coffee."

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

SHUT UP Raven..SHUT THE F UP...she was so obnoxious today in the discussion about the shooter's sexuality...It was not meant to be salacious and inappropriate, it should have been a thought-provoking discussion about homophobia and religion, but she had to derail it with her petulant attitude..Why does she feel her perspective on the LGBT community is the only valid one, just because she happens to be LGBT as well...I wanted to hear more from Joy about this guy's alleged repressed sexuality.

Raven is the worst, but yesterday with her "is this what adults do??" and now today. She's terrible representative for the LGBT community because she knows NOTHING.

And yes, the fact that this shooter might have been gay and spurred on by the hateful words of political and religious leaders is important.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Raven is the worst, but yesterday with her "is this what adults do??" and now today. She's terrible representative for the LGBT community because she knows NOTHING.

And yes, the fact that this shooter might have been gay and spurred on by the hateful words of political and religious leaders is important.

His internalized homophobia is a relevant topic for people to discuss...People deal with this around the world.The killer's  was obviously extreme, but, it needed to be discussed and dissected by intelligent co-hosts, evidently, Raven is not up to the task...She needs to go away stat...I am sad that Michelle is gone and that nitwit is there...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
(edited)

Raven, you can actually talk to a person. Really you can.

Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are not the same as talking to a person. Really they aren't.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 7
(edited)

Raven doesn't see the need to delve into the shooter's psychology, personality , etc. joy was right - many of the worst homophobes are repressing their own sexual curiosity and urges.  And yes, it IS important to understand that hatred of gays breeds violence against gays.  Raven seems to be saying that even DISCUSSING this issue was wrong.  Yes, people who are conflicted about their sexuality can go to counseling.   But if your culture, religion,or family tells that being gay is wrong, that causes self-hatred in people who  start to have same-sex attraction.  hatred of others, hatrd of yourself -   that is what causes this.

Acceptance of others - across race, religion, sexual orientation, etc- that s what is needed to prevent this kind of shit.    Oh - and how about not having acess to automatic (NOT aromatic!)  weapons. 

Edited by backformore
edited because spellcheck fucks wth me on purpose. Thanks for noticing, @celia R!!
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Could Cristella be a dark horse as a replacement for Michelle? There were rumblings last season she was in the running and that was even when she had her sitcom.

The producers are so shady with the ladies..They have thrown so many of them under the bus..The only women who have nothing to fear is Joy and the movie star..

• Love 7

Could Cristella be a dark horse as a replacement for Michelle? There were rumblings last season she was in the running and that was even when she had her sitcom

Airhead Sara Hanes has already replaced Michelle.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

Acceptance of others - across race, religion, sexual orientation, etc- that s what is needed to prevent this kind of shit.    Oh - and how about not having acess to aromatic weapons. 

You mean like stink bombs?  

LOL I'm sorry, this is such a serious, important topic. But I couldn't resist!  I will show myself out now.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, rcc said:

Whoopi is wrong. She jumped all over Sara when she reported that the ex-wife said her husband was gay then "clarified" it after the break. The fiance was speaking on her behalf in Portuguese to the reporter. Whoopi has something against the ABC News people sitting on that table. She does it to Paula, now Sara. Hateful ignorant witch!

http://nypost.com/2016/06/13/shooter-used-to-visit-orlando-gay-club-use-gay-dating-apps/      

I shut it off. Back to Whoopi free days and Joy moderating After the View.

Eh, i must defend whoopi because I don't think she jumped all over Sara. She was confused, as I was. Sara said "the fiance. ..." and stumbled. RAVEN interjected "the fiance's husband told the reporters...". No, raven, sara meant to say "the fiance of the ex-wife". Raven's the one that made it confusing and whoopi had to clarify after the break.

• Love 5

I was happy that Obama interrupted when Whoops was yelling yet again and Raven was not making any sense.  Sigh. Such a mess, including the shit that Raven was hawking. 

• Love 4

It seemed to me that Raven didn't want the possible same-sex orientation of the shooter to be the cause of the massacre. So she was going to deny and throw shade any other way. But, Raven, it is important why this happened. Because we need to figure that out and try to prevent it from happening to other people in the future. No one is condemning him for having same-sex attraction (except his father). Facts are facts -- the guy visited the club a lot over the past three years and was online in gay chat rooms. The old Whoopi chestnut of "we weren't there and he's not around to defend himself" doesn't hold true because the guy left a huge digital bread trail, something Raven of all people should be able to appreciate. Sweeping the reasons under the rug because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't make sense. Figuring out why this happened is just common sense. More important is, what will we as a society do about it when we do figure out what made him snap?

• Love 15

Why would Whoopi say that understanding the shooter's motivations is not going to help us prevent things like this from happening again?  It seems to me to be essential if we want to prevent things like this from happening again.  She was basically dismissing the significance of the cause of what happened, and I just don't get that.

I know Whoops is big on gun control.  Was she implying gun control is the real solution?  Joy and Cristella seemed to be suggesting that. Gun control would help, of course.  But there are other ways to commit mass murder that don't involve guns.  I was shocked when Cristella claimed that "you don't see mass stabbings."  Obviously she and Joy don't know how many people have been killed in China in knife attacks in the last few years (google it, it's shocking).  Or that in the early 70's before you could buy an assault rifle at a flea market, 37 people were burned to death in a gay club by an arsonist in New Orleans.  Sure, assault weapons are more more efficient than knives and fires, I realize, but a knife attack or being trapped in a burning building leaves a loved one just as dead as a bullet does.  People determined to commit murder will use whatever means they have at their disposal to wreak havoc if they can't get their hands on a Sig Sauer MCX or AR-15.

The reality is that these kinds of crimes are usually caused by untreated mental illness, the intolerance caused by religious zealotry, and simple unbridled bigotry-based hate ... and that won't be solved by only gun control.  It's  a great start, but it is not the be-all, end-all answer it was made out to be.  Whoopi dismissing the importance of what motivated the Orlando killer was foolishness, as was Joy and Cristella's suggestion that guns are the real problem.  Hate and intolerance are the real problem.

Oh, they just called me ... my table is ready (unpopular opinions, party of one).  Gotta run! 

• Love 10

The reality is that these kinds of crimes are usually caused by untreated mental illness, the intolerance caused by religious zealotry, and simple unbridled bigotry-based hate ... 

I'll join you at the table.  This story is way too complex for the View panel.  This is a story of a mentally ill young man, brought up by a religious zealot, with a history of violence towards women, and easy access to automatic weapons.

• Love 13

I desperately hope Christella is not a candidate for the show.  Her laugh is different from Raven's, but just as annoying.  I think Christella's performance gets worse every time she is on the panel, almost as bad as Michelle.  Maybe even worse.    AND Whoopi, please keep yourself away from the items being hawked.  She must think that is so cute,but it is so ridiculous.

• Love 5

I desperately hope Christella is not a candidate for the show.  Her laugh is different from Raven's, but just as annoying.  I think Christella's performance gets worse every time she is on the panel, almost as bad as Michelle.

All articles point to airhead Sara Haines and Sunny for next season.  Raven has been on quite a lot lately. Not sure if the jury is still out on her for next season or if Sunny is busy. I think Christella is just filler for the filler.

CCB could never show up again and no one would notice.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Sunflower Sue said:

I desperately hope Christella is not a candidate for the show.  Her laugh is different from Raven's, but just as annoying.  I think Christella's performance gets worse every time she is on the panel, almost as bad as Michelle.  Maybe even worse.    AND Whoopi, please keep yourself away from the items being hawked.  She must think that is so cute,but it is so ridiculous.

I think Cristela's laugh annoys Raven...which is great cuz Raven's laugh annoys me. 

• Love 11

I can remember quite awhile ago Whoopi was asked backstage about receiving items from segments and she was adamant that it  was not legal , yet she has no problem filling her arms. 

Ok i rewatched and saw Joy rip her cards and listened to half the terrible interview with Brown. He was always getting into trouble because of his pelvic ? pelvic what ? Have mercy Michael Jackson was a (hard) girl watcher??  Please. That is what probably made Joy cranky. 

Also  I played it back four times trying to hear what comic was on Cristella's TGIF vest that revolutionized ( I assume comedy ? ) It didn't show in closed captioning either.   She does not have a way with words.  Scratching my head because she is nor engaging at all. 

Ravens hair made me think of my grandma who made braided rugs.  Any room on the bullet train to Hell? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, geekburger said:

Could Cristella be a dark horse as a replacement for Michelle? There were rumblings last season she was in the running and that was even when she had her sitcom.

If she is, then I will finally have had it with this show.  I have put up with  too many idiot co-hosts but a laughing hyena is one that I won't.  

• Love 3

Obviously someone who commits a mass shooting is filled with hate.   It is certainly necessary to try to find out what causes a person to get to that point so that yes we can try to prevent someone else from getting to that point.   Whoopi thinks we should just do what?  Throw up our hands and say we'll geez I hope that never happens again?  Or is CCB was there she would probably suggest we just pray.  Neither one is a realistic solution to this horrific problem.  My personal belief is that stopping preaching and legislating  intolerance to anyone who isn't what is considered all American would be a good start.

• Love 8