Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Vienna Inn

Is this the part of Massachusetts that has a lot of heroin addiction? (Saw an Anthony Bourdaine episode about that last night).  That said, that lady was either faking or on something.  She couldn't stay still.  Sounds like the place isn't long before the board of health closes it down. Unless it burns down first.  Hubby didn't seem surprised about what the engineer found.

• Love 2

Why do the employees stay there?  No other jobs in that area?

Yeah, and personal inertia. You're married and you work part at a bed and breakfast and your kids are in school and its not a career and you don't plan to move because the husband's job is good and the kids are in school.... Not knocking the lifestyle but do you ever see a hotel or kitchen employee on these shows where you thought they were going places?

• Love 1

I don't believe they usually rent out the room Gordon was put in with the clothes closet. The place was so terribly cluttered it made my allergies act up just watching. I would never want to be trapped living in just one room with another person. My husband and I need some separate space once in awhile. I didn't understand why the large staff or why they would work there for probably nothing.

The wife looked like she had some mental issues and the husband said next to nothing in the whole episode. He needs to get her some help or they will just close their doors. I wonder if they even get hotel guests or its just the dining and the bar. 

• Love 5

I found it both sad and horrifying at how flirtatious Mrs. Vienna was with Gordon in the opening.  It was a bit unsettling TBH and made me wonder if the cellar sex party rumors were in fact, true.  Ewwww.  And the constant crocodile tears...please.

I'm not surprised they went back to their sickening menu and hoarder decor after Gordon left.  I look forward to both of them having to get crappy jobs when the "Historic Inn" fails. 

• Love 9

Gordon said he had a guy installing a stove, but the inspector found something illegal, and wouldn't proceed?  Is that what I heard?  Because that was just weird.   As was the denial of "swinger parties" - it wasn't an outright denial, it was more "oh no, we haven't had that for a a long time." 

The wife made sure Gordon get a good look at her boobs, didn't she?  And when he asked about the hotel room, and what it connected to, she said "MY room",  not "mine and my husbands".   It seemed like she was hinting that he could USE the connecting door, if he was so inclined. 

She had some serious mental health issues, IMHO. 

• Love 6

She seriously wanted to be on TV, but honey, this is not how you want to look when you get there. These people are gross.

I feel sorry for the staff. I get that it's sometimes hard to just pick up and go, but when you're never getting paid on time, that's when you say see ya.

• Love 3

Yeah, that place and those people were fucked up beyond repair.  Step One would have been hiring one of those giant construction dumpsters so you could start shoveling crap out of there.

My DVR cut off--did Gordon just stalk off into the night, shaking his head, or was there a followup visit?

The (filled!) hot tub in the wine cellar-"spa" area made my stomach twist.

• Love 2

My PVR cut off the end, just as Gordon was saying that the owners went back to their old ways and as a result.....   What was the result?

And that woman was a nightmare!!!

More delusional owners, with the same helpless under-appreciated, unpaid victimized employees. 

That place was a dump!  I live in Mass, but never been to that town.  Like most of New England, that area is very picturesque in the fall & winter, but I'm not sure the Vienna is on a high traffic tourist route. A lot of those old mill towns hit the skids in the '70's & '80's and never really recovered.  I'm sure there are a lot of drugs in these areas (sadly like almost every other city & town in America), & not a heck of a lot of opportunities, but I'm always baffled why employees stay put in a shit job to be abused AND not paid. 

I wonder if government agencies assign people to watch shows like this and Robert Irvine's?  That could be a full time job - catching idiot business owners who break a ton of labor & tax laws!  If you don't have a payroll system or a POS, how are you reporting tips and receipts?  You're probably NOT.  So in addition to the Board of Health and the Building Inspector knocking on their door, I'm guessing they should expect the IRS & the Labor Board crowding their porch too.

I'm glad I heard Gordon say he only did a couple of guest rooms b/c he wasn't doing a make over show!  That woman expected every room to be redone and seemed pissed he only did the few he showed. She just showed all the viewers and customers how truly ungrateful and cray-cray she really is.  Even if Gordon's crew emptied the place and gave it a good sweep, it would have improved that heap 100%. There was so much clutter (which means dust and grime IMO) and all the furniture looked so shabby.  I would never stay there if I saw all that "decor" looming over every horizontal & vertical surface. That kind of clutter just tells me the owners don't care about anything.  Why would I think their rooms would be clean or their food would be prepared with care?

• Love 3

(For  those of you who watched Kitchen Nightmares) this was the Amy's Baking Company episode of Hotel Hell.

Lisa is either off her prescribed meds or indulging in some pretty hefty mood enhancers. Wonder how they got the money to buy the property in the first place? Did they win the state lottery?

Like Busy said above, how can they pass a building inspection in a state like Mass, and get away with not paying staff? Something in the milk ain't clean.

• Love 10
(edited)

Jesus Christ, I think Gordon really wasted his time with these people.

Making the staff buy their own $300 uniforms? What the F? I too am confused as to why anyone would work there or keep working there under those basically illegal conditions. 

LMAO at the stove thing. They didn't act shocked or scared at all when Gordon told them it was so bad it was actually bordering on illegal and that they could be shut down. They're just like "Ohhhh?" I hope someone was watching this and has shut them down by now or that customers stop going there (especially since they reverted back to the old ways). 

And when they addressed the rumors: "We haven't done that in 10 years!" Ok so that means you have done it then? LOL 

All I can think when I see all that clutter is it's a fine gathering place for dust. Imagine having that crap near food! 

These people are just a downright awful mess. 

8 hours ago, Canada said:

My PVR cut off the end, just as Gordon was saying that the owners went back to their old ways and as a result.....   What was the result?

And that woman was a nightmare!!!

He never said if they ever went out of business or not, just that their bad reputation has stayed the same. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 7

At the risk of playing Internet Doctor here I seriously think, like others have mentioned, this woman suffers from some kind of mental health disorder like anxiety or OCD or something. She was way too concerned about straightening out the curtains and pillows and stupid things like that, things that were already neatly arranged. 

I also noticed every time Gordon slammed the husband for doing something wrong she was very quick to agree and not even feel bad that her husband was being attacked (even if justifiably). Yet she never took any responsibility for anything herself. Quick to blame everyone but herself. Would love to see her and Amy from Amy's Baking Company go head to head. Which one can deflect more?

• Love 9

I generally prefer not to think about what people get up to in private, but I have to admit, after watching this couple for a few minutes I pretty specifically prefer not to think about it.

• Love 6

I had to look it up but it looks like there is cause for people to say its a swingers place. There was 2 different links that popped up but don't work at this point with the name of that place. The fact is the husband made sure in the beginning to say they were "very friendly" people. I wouldn't be surprised if that is how that place stays in business. They may charge people for coming in and being part of the "party" so to speak. LOL Its no wonder she would asks guests about their sex lives. They obviously didn't deny doing it but it leaves me wondering why thy were even picked for this show and those people work for them. They obviously weren't going to change. Their rep in the area has many knowing its a swingers place and it has them turned off to going there for a meal even. Which is probably for the best anyway with that food they serve. She obviously has massive issues. Her disgusting attempt at flirty with Gordon was gross and the way she had her boobs out...SMH There was no way she was going to go to changing that outfit and covering up. I can see why Gordon gave them the jean shirt look..even if its ugly. I can't see why those employees stick around at all if they don't get paid when they should and have to spend 300 bucks for their so called uniform. I also have to wonder as well why they don't get in trouble for these things. 

10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Who was in bed getting their legs pulled while she cried how  bad her husband cooked. She said he cooked so bad but it's going to be ok she's crying cause just wants to. Insanity. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of her employees she had doing that to her or one of their "play" friends. This was one of the most disturbing episodes ever IMO. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of her employees she had doing that to her or one of their "play" friends. This was one of the most disturbing episodes ever IMO. 

Honest to God, I thought at one point during that conversation she wailed something like "I just want you" to her foot massage lackey. 

2 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Honest to God, I thought at one point during that conversation she wailed something like "I just want you" to her foot massage lackey. 

LOL I didn't hear that but in a way it wouldn't surprise me if she had with how she acted. I do know she was all telling her how good it felt. I was cringing over that whole scene and couldn't believe there was a camera in that room like there was either. 

• Love 2

What about Gordon's room, which had a connecting door to the owners' room while she kept her clothes in the Gordon's closet?  They have the nerve to charge $220 for that?  Didn't Crazy Eyes say their own room didn't have a closet?  Why not occupy the room with the closet and rent out the one they're in now?

The ick factor is overpowering in this place.  It reminded me of the weird Hammer horror films from the 60s where travelers in Transylvania would stop at a village inn and encounter Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing.  

I laughed out loud when Gordon checked in at lunchtime and Lisa was costumed like a dominatrix. She sure liked to flaunt that cleavage.

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, BogoGog24 said:

And when they addressed the rumors: "We haven't done that in 10 years!" Ok so that means you have done it then? LOL 

Yeah, that's sort of like defending your reputation as a murderer by saying you haven't killed anyone LATELY.

These people are weird.  I'm convinced that they opened the hotel JUST to have a place for hosting whatever weird kinky sex and drug parties they like to have.   Saying they haven't had "swinger" parties in 10 years, makes me think they graduated to some other sort of party.

• Love 6

I think she was going for shabby chic, but shabby chic needs to be (I already hate myself for saying this) curated. It's not just a matter of sticking detritus on every flat surface or wall, especially if you don't dust.

• Love 4

Wow that episode was weird..

I also cant believe they ditched the cheesy theme song! :(  this new opening makes it look like Gordon is doing some type of "Unsolved crimes" type show..

"Hotel Hell..A FOX News Special Investigation..here now,is Chef Gordon Ramsay."

• Love 5

The comment Lisa makes about 5 minutes into the show basically sums it all up.

"Probably, after I lost my mind the first year I think we started to get the hang of it"

She also mentions having two small children when they bought the place. I wonder what became of them since they apparently don't live or work there from what was shown.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/3/2016 at 8:40 PM, TDT said:

"Hotel Hell..A FOX News Special Investigation..here now,is Chef Gordon Ramsay."

Seriously! And those cheesy photographs nestled on desktops, piles of leaves, and other bizarre places. Looks like they hired a Forensic Files producer who hasn't worked since 2005.

Edited by Orangepop
  • Love 1

At some point during each episode last season we were treated to a naked Gordon Ramsay. While he stayed clothed during last week's episode, there was no way in (hotel) hell he would have chanced it at the Vienna. Since they have no boundary issues when it comes to asking guests about their sex lives, I wouldn't be surprised if the owners had secret video cameras installed in the rooms, resulting in amateur xxx movie night screenings down in the cellar.

• Love 5
On 6/5/2016 at 6:21 AM, Random Noise said:

She also mentions having two small children when they bought the place. I wonder what became of them since they apparently don't live or work there from what was shown.

Guessing they have moved to another state out of embarrassment.

• Love 6
On 5/31/2016 at 9:09 PM, terrymct said:

Why do the employees stay there?  No other jobs in that area?

I was wondering the same thing. If the owner is abusive toward them in front of customers, why stick around? There have to be other job options for them somewhere nearby.

• Love 2

That's kind of a depressed region, and even if you could get the awful people to give you a reference everyone around would know it was a reference from awful people whose staff don't do a great job.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2016 at 9:51 AM, Evil Queen said:

I had the delight to watch this woodside again with my hubby and it was one of her waitresses.  I saw her in a scene later.  Long blond hair, tied back with blue ribbon, I think.  That was the only time we saw her, I think. 

These people were creeps of another order. 

• Love 1
On July 14, 2016 at 7:09 AM, OhioSongbird said:

Anybody know where to get back eps for free?  I refuse to pay $1.99 to watch.  Used to use Hulu but now you have to have an acc't and YT wants money, too.

Yeah.....I'm cheap.

Try couchtuner.

(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, CoyoteBlue said:

She did. She said something very close to, "I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying back I want you so much." WTF. Given the dim lighting and low camera angle,was that shot with a hidden camera? They showed that coming out of a commercial, and then Gordon never commented on it. So weird. Did an editor sneak that in?

There was also the scene when we heard Lisa angrily say that she wanted to kick the complaining couple out, but we didn't actually see her saying it. Hidden microphone?

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, hatchetgirl said:

I had the delight to watch this woodside again with my hubby and it was one of her waitresses.  I saw her in a scene later.  Long blond hair, tied back with blue ribbon, I think. That was the only time we saw her, I think. 

Yes. I glimpsed her in scene in the dining room, but she was never really on camera and was not one of the staff who spoke.

I'm no drug counselor, but on the night of the re-launch, I'm betting Lisa was higher than a kite. Her exchange with GR about the missing light bulb was bizarre. "I guess I don't need to be so over the top now." She was minimally connected to reality.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 1