Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Sicut Cervus

• Start Topic

The people on this show are certainly light sleepers.  I have a feeling in the apocalypse, I would be awake if someone so much as breathed in the hallway outside my room....

• Love 5
1 minute ago, eejm said:

What was up with the kid putting the dog in the dumpster thingie?

This show gets less and less clear each episode.

Unfortunately, I think that is a chute into the walker jail.  ugh.  

• Love 10

They all need to have a serious discussion about Chris. 

I'm glad Strand did not drink, or eat, the Cecelia kool aid. 

I think Travis and co. Need to get back to the Abigail and get the hell out of there. This is like the farm on season 2 TWD, could the writers think of a different storyline? Maybe this whole show was a mistake in the first place. 

• Love 12

I'm having a hard time picking the first (main) person to die. Chris?

I liked Luis and he lasted about 2 episodes.

Why are the Walkers on this show so slow? And why do our people, so early on, have no problem killing altar boys?

• Love 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Ok, I missed part of the episode, what new thing did Chris do to freak everyone out?

He lurked around ominously, stood there and watched as Maddie almost died, and then he grabbed a knife and stood in the dark, staring at Maddie.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, eejm said:

What was up with the kid putting the dog in the dumpster thingie?

This show gets less and less clear each episode.

He was feeding the walkers.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Ok, I missed part of the episode, what new thing did Chris do to freak everyone out?

Maddie was about to get chomped at the little church.   Chris saw it and did nothing, and Alicia saw him stand there, and then saved her mother.  

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Okay, so it's hard to focus on this show, but I *think* it's because he didn't help Madison when she was about to get eaten, and then he apparently threatened his step-sister, but I think I missed that part? 

Just now, riverheightsnancy said:

When the bleedy-eyed zombies overpowered Madison and had her down on the ground, he stood there and observed.  Alicia rushed past him and saved her.

Then he and Alicia had a talk about that and he denied it.  (Apparently Alicia told Maddie he threatened her, but I missed seeing that.)

And then I guess you saw the end with the knife, right?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Chris said "I don't want to hurt anyone" to Alicia.  I think he was saying: I really don't want to hurt anyone because of my mistakes.  Alicia took it as "I don't want to HAVE to hurt anyone Alicia ... hint, hint."  Thus, the Three's Company misunderstanding at the end when he was retrieving the knife.  Never thought the producer's would steel tricks from Jack Tripper and the gang.

• Love 5
(edited)

Friends was a show about NOTHING. This too me was an episode about NOTHNG.  Ok, they found the refuge finally, but of course while it looks like paradise, of course it is run by loonies.  They have recycled the Herschel/farm keep the walking dead loved ones locked up because they cannot stand to put loved ones down trope.  Not interesting at all.

Also, just what strength aura does Madison put out that we don't see that makes people sense she is a strong, wise badass leader?

Send Chris off in a dingy with some bread and water.

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 10
Just now, riverheightsnancy said:

Oh thanks, but isn't the above a "good thing"? lol

Ha!   I believe the powers-that-be want us to now like 'strong' Maddie, and realize that Chris is a serial killer.  Or something.  :)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The actress who plays Ofelia is lovely but she's just Emily Kinney with dark hair in the acting department, as far as I'm concerned

I'm willing to give her half as many chances as I gave EK, (which were waaaayyyy too many).

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, SoSueMe said:

I'm willing to give her half as many chances as I gave EK, (which were waaaayyyy too many).

I gave EK too many chances as well, which is why I have none to give this chick.

Edited by mightysparrow
'changes' aren't 'chances'
  • Love 3

This show blows (in comparison to the other show...) however, I do not understand what they are doing to Chris. In the first season he was just a regular kid. I understand that he is traumatized, but to make him seem like a deranged serial killer is just stupid and unfair to the character. Shouldn't a ZA be enough for them to focus on at this point?  As others have said, all of the story lines feel like retreads of other shows that I have seen on zombies. ;) 

• Love 15

The thing about Chris is that I still don't know any of the characters well enough (or care enough about them) to think about their motivations. It's all a little muddled.

nick is like the golden child in that everybody loves him but his own mother thinks he's fragile. These people don't deserve to be alive, frankly.

• Love 12
Just now, ottoDbusdriver said:

So where did they get the pickup truck from ?  And why did they bother to stop off at the church in the first place ?  Why didn't they just drive straight to the house/vinyard.

The pick up was at the Church, it was Thomas'. They were on foot went to the church because as they were passing by Victor noticed Tom's truck and thought he was there. The question is how Tom made it back home. Maybe his workers picked him up, i don't know.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, natyxg said:

The pick up was at the Church, it was Thomas'. They were on foot went to the church because as they were passing by Victor noticed Tom's truck and thought he was there. The question is how Tom made it back home. Maybe his workers picked him up, i don't know.

Thanks @natyxg -- I must have missed it when they came back from the first commercial break while changing laundry loads.

But yeah, why didn't Thomas drive back to the compound ?  That makes no sense.  How did Celia poison all those wafers is the bigger question ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

Chris went from zero to serial killer in an alarmingly short time. It reminded me a bit of Alex, who was so fixated on Travis as the cause of her grief, which was not at all warranted. If Chris DOES resent Madison, because she seems to be cold, unfeeling robot from the Terminator series, we needed to see more of a build up. BUT he has seen more than the rest what needs to be done when someone is about to turn, and has actually killed, so blaming Madison for his mother's death is wrong.

I hope there's something twistier than the barn gong on, but Celia's explanation is too similar to Herschel's. I did like that Victor brought up to Tom that he might "go with him", and now I realize he said that to make him feel better, and I think I love him a little.

Will Travis even believe what Madison tells him  about Chris (you know she will), and did Alicia actually see what went on? I'm more intrigued about next episode than I have been...so, success?

• Love 7

So where did they get the pickup truck from ?  And why did they bother to stop off at the church in the first place ?  Why didn't they just drive straight to the house/vinyard.

Because no one on this show ever does anything that makes any sense. Why start now?

If Cecilia thinks that death is so great and noble, then why doesn't she off herself?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Because no one on this show ever does anything that makes any sense. Why start now?

If Cecilia thinks that death is so great and noble, then why doesn't she off herself?

What is she waiting for ?  If death is just so awesome, she should be power munching those wafers.  I was expecting her to poison Nick with the pozole.

And speaking of making no sense, who's watching the boat ?  Did they just abandon it ?  And I still don't get the functioning Mexican border naval patrol -- how exactly ?  Why didn't they just go around -- it's a big ocean ?

• Love 7

I lost Luis, but I gained (for one scene at least) the estate manager. She looked like she more than capable of handing Daniel his ass.

So they know enough about the transformation to have figured out that you need to stab the dead/zombies in head, but haven't tried cutting off bitten limbs?

• Love 4

A functioning Mexican border naval patrol makes no sense. Apparently there was no U.S. Border naval patrol left. Why worry about borders when the world has gone to hell and lawlessness. Plus, how many people are actually left in a ZA? 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Thanks @natyxg -- I must have missed it when they came back from the first commercial break while changing laundry loads.

But yeah, why didn't Thomas drive back to the compound ?  That makes no sense.  How did Celia poison all those wafers is the bigger question ?

I thought maybe she was in charge of making them for the church. IIRC nuns make them usually, but maybe there weren't any around?

What I didn't get was why she even did it.

• Love 2

I feel like I say this every week, but once again: this fucking show!

Why couldn't we keep Luis? Why? And why was Daniel such a dick? He didn't need to throw away that coin right in front of the dying man. What a disgusting waste of Dougray Scott. Did he not know that the people dying around him were going to turn at the church? All he had to do was get back in his truck. Just get in the truck! How is that hard? Are we to understand that deep into the ZA he decided to hang out with people who had been poisoned and were all quickly dying? This show is so dumb.

Why are we doing the barn story again? I can just see the writers sitting around trying to figure out what to do this season. They figured the Lizzie story and the barn story worked so....why not join them? Strange choice.

I'm bored by the Chris story. He has gone all in with the crazy in the most annoying way.

What was with Nick having first season flashbacks? Seemed a bit unnecessary. It's too early for them to be burnt out on the ZA. Earn it. I like Nick's styling earlier in the season 1. The slicked back mess is not his best look.

So Daniel killed a kid in his past life as a state sponsored murderer? Bad Daniel!

That church scene went on forever. I felt like I'd actually gone to mass by the end of it.

• Love 15

Ok, what did we learn tonight, kids?  Organized religion in the ZA is bad, mmmkay?   That, and Chris has taken "resting bitch face" lessons from Michelle Rodriguez in Resident Evil.  

So, were the churchgoers to attack Abigail's compound? Was that the evil they were going to fight?   Was that how they eated the purple berries  poisoned wafers?  Mama Celia slipped them some crazy brujería poison?  BTW, what kind of poison works in minutes AND makes you bleed out of your eyeballs?  Do they make Ebola Helper?

Also, I can totally get behind Chris not helping Maddie.  I mean, who in their right mind would?  What's the motivation to keep a dysfunctional family like this together?  So, they make it to the High Chapparalle, and give up their weapons because some senora dressed like Nurse Rachet says so.  Whenever anyone says there is no need for weapons, that means exactly the opposite.

Like others have said, this show has no level of foreboding, no sense of panic or urgency, no sense of bewilderment by the characters.  They've been saying over and over... we need to fear the living... so, why aren't they?  OK, we found the ranch, let's eat soup, watch old movies, take showers and hang out.  Also, this show is WAY overdue for a main character to die.

• Love 15

It's interesting that Celia gets all high and mighty in next week's preview since her poisoning the parishioners is what got Abigail bitten.  He went to the church to stop those people from coming for her crazy ass and he probably stayed with them until they turned because he felt guilty and ashamed about what Celia did.

I hope Strand tells Celia to step the fuck off next week.  Considering that he was Abigail's partner, the house belongs to him, not her.  Strand needs to tell that crazy bitch to take her zombie crew and hit the bricks. 

• Love 5

Sorry guys, but this show fucking sucks.

Nick is the only member if the Manawa-Clark family that I don't dislike. Alicia comes in a distant 2nd place. Honestly, I think I would like Madison a little bit more than I do now if they cut the dead weight that is the Manawa duo.

I get where you're saying Ofelia is the new Beth/Emily Kinney. But her vanilla acting is coupled with shit writing, where she's delegated to Daniel's daughter and Nick's possible love interest. They don't give her very much to go off of here.

23 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

Also, this show is WAY overdue for a main character to die.

I will bet anything that it's one of the only decent people on the show.

• Love 8

Once again I watched people hiding while stuff happened. Not a good start. I enjoyed how easy it was for them to cross into Mexico though, after all the angst about it. 

Mid season finale? Sigh. Why? 

• Love 6

Part of the show I enjoyed the most seeing Nick try to speak Spanish and enjoy his posole. I am glad they showed a softer side of Stand and glad he did not listen to Mama crazy pants.

There are so many characters I could do without I wish Carol would show up and get rid of some this dead weight!

• Love 6