Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Klick

• Start Topic

Jimmy, you stupid, stupid fool, getting sucked into Chuck's trap! Let go of the "he's my brother" bit! 
I was so hoping Chuck would croak from stress during the Cat scan, but he lives on t0 play the righteous goody-goody. 
Big applause to Ernie, though, for his impromptu story!

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Love 8

This friggin show! Unbelievably good. But this was the first thing I guessed, that Chuck was taping since he was digging through old electronics.

But what about Mike??? Who the hell is following him? That was so tense! Even knowing that Mike wasn't going to die I was breathless.

Edited by Maire
  • Love 5

God, that finale SUCKED.  Worst episode to date.  I saw the tape recorder coming a mile away.

Poor, poor episode.  I'm sure all the critics will give it an A.

It stunk from start to finish.

Honestly horrible writing.  Is there a person on the planet that didn't predict the mother wanting Jimmy at her last?

Jimmy would never, EVER fall for that con. 

Honest to God, it's hard to believe that this is the same team that made Breaking Bad.

• Love 6

I hate Chuck beyond words. BEYOND WORDS. He should have died in that copy shop, or at least gone into a real coma, or Jimmy needs to lose every shred of familial connection to him and at the very least have him committed. I console myself with the knowledge that Jimmy can't be disbarred (or wind up in prison). I HATE CHUCK.

On the other hand? Looooooooooooove Ernesto!

How can Gus (or, you know, whoever-that's-supposed-to-be) even know what Mike was planning before he got a chance to do anything to Hector? Is Nacho potentially playing all possible sides here and in touch with him? Only Nacho knew Mike hit the truck?

I HATE CHUCK.

Edited by mattie0808
  • Love 10

This friggin show! Unbelievably good. This was the first thing I guessed, that Chuck was taping sincewhen he was digging through old electronics.

But what about Mike??? Who the hell is following him? That was so tense! Even knowing that Mike wasn't going to die I was breathless.

So Chuck subjected himself to electricity to record? Or was it battery operated. He is one sick puppy.

Great acting by McKean.

• Love 7

I try SO HARD to feel bad for Chuck, because a lot of the shitty things he says about Jimmy are technically true, and he is basically a mess of a human being..but it is just so hard because he is such a freaking asshole. Why did the writers not off his ass while they had the chance? 

• Love 6

I try SO HARD to feel bad for Chuck, because a lot of the shitty things he says about Jimmy are technically true, and he is basically a mess of a human being..but it is just so hard because he is such a freaking asshole. Why did the writers not off his ass while they had the chance? 

My guess?  Because they are in love with the actor.

To the complete detriment of what could have been a good show.  Mike can't carry this whole thing.

• Love 4

There was way too much Chuck in this episode for my liking.  And it all just led back to where it started -- Chuck trying to ruin Jimmy in some way.

I think the "DON'T" message for Mike will end up being connected to Gus somehow next season -- it will give Giancarlo time to work on his other projects and then pop into BCS.  Ten long months away.  But Nacho would make sense too.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 4

Even without the electro-phobia, Chuck should be committed because of his to-the-death obsession with his brother. He'll never let it go. And no one is going to cheer him if he succeeds, they'll just shake their heads and be thankful he isn't related to them.

• Love 20

Now who didn't see that coming?  Apparently, Jimmy didn't.  I couldn't believe he could be so naive and stupid to let Chuck play him like a goddamn fiddle.  Jimmy knows Chuck, or at least he should by now.  He should know that Chuck hates his guts and would do anything to to hurt him.  

I am so sick of Chuck and his story and I wanted him to be dead or brain dead.

I'll be back next season but only because of Mike and Nacho, Tio, the cousins and the other BB characters I expect to see.  I wouldn't mind seeing the gun guy and Ernesto and Omar again too.  But I'm sick of Kim and her goddamn ponytail that I want to hack off, and Howard.  

Ugh, I'm mad.  Fucking dumbass Jimmy.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6

I'm not watching the post-game because I find the whole format painful, but it was confirmed earlier today that Giancarlo Esposito has not yet signed on officially for any appearances in season three.

• Love 1

It stunk from start to finish.

Honestly horrible writing. Is there a person on the planet that didn't predict the mother wanting Jimmy at her last?

Jimmy would never, EVER fall for that con.

Honest to God, it's hard to believe that this is the same team that made Breaking Bad.

I disagree. Jimmy knows Chuck is nuts, so the tin foil room was totally in character. I totally believe Jimmy would fall for it. Yes, we know or suspect it is a trap, because that is what the writers wanted. They were going for suspense, not surprise and they nailed it IMO.

• Love 24
How can Gus (or, you know, whoever-that's-supposed-to-be) even know what Mike was planning before he got a chance to do anything to Hector?

My guess is he had eyes on Hector and just happened to see this.  Or he has some kind of informant like the gun guy?  I think Gus not showing up was my biggest disappointment because of the anagram and it's likely that's who left the note.  So we're just left waiting. 

As for the Chuck and Jimmy stuff, I'm okay with it.  I don't think Chuck subjected himself to the rays on purpose.  I think everything up to the point of going home was real.  I think Jimmy confessed because he was legitimately scared of what he saw. And I think it's because Jimmy underestimates Chuck in a way that Chuck underestimates him.  Jimmy never expected Chuck to realize the lengths he went to to forge those documents.  And I bet he never expected Chuck to send a retirement notice to Howard and put stuff up all over his house.  That was a con on the level that Jimmy would do.  I don't think he expected Chuck capable of it.  Or to act it out.

Gimme Jimmy is almost better than Better Call Saul.  

• Love 22

I hope to hell the critics pull their heads out of this team's past glory and REAM them for this piece of crap.

They're not it appears.  They hear from other critics this show is great (and it is but not this week) and they automatically give it an A because of that.

Just an lousy episode.

• Love 3

Howard (the Ken Doll) was probably in on it, and there was no resignation letter.  Of course we aren't told that because Howard only exists to spur other characters on to whatever contrived bullshit the writers want.

SAME doctor at the hospital.

Oh please...

Such crap writing it's really unbelievable.

• Love 1

I disagree. Jimmy knows Chuck is nuts, so the tin foil room was totally in character. I totally believe Jimmy would fall for it. Yes, we know or suspect it is a trap, because that is what the writers wanted. They were going for suspense, not surprise and they nailed it IMO.

What suspense?

That Jimmy would spill all? 

Hell, that was telegraphed from the beginning of the episode.  It was only a matter of when, not if.

• Love 3

Why are there so many damned commercial breaks during this show? It seems to be 41 minutes of drama, 19 minutes of commercial. It really breaks the rhythm of this show. 
I'm still mad about the tape deck trick, so I'll blame the commercials. But there are too many of them! AMC, are you listening?

• Love 3

I am watching Talking Saul (because I watch all of the "Talking" after shows), and I need for Chris Hardwick to ask Gilligan and Gould about that damn anagram, FRINGS BACK.  Someone has got to ask them.  They were already talking about Easter eggs.   It can't have been a coincidence, and yet... no Gus, unless that note was Gus.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

Jimmy jimmy jimmy. I don't buy that he would fall for it. But he also religiously takes off the watch and puts stuff in the mailbox and grounds himself. He could jimmy himself out of the admission with chuck's clear insanity but sinks him with Kim.

I love jim beaver! Forever and ever. You name it, if you put jim beaver in it, I'll be there!

• Love 2

On Talking Saul (we don't have a thread for it because there were only 2 episodes), Jonathan Banks seems as though he is having a hard time adjusting to Chris Hardwick's personality and energy.  He doesn't seem as amused by Chris as some are.

• Love 4

Howard (the Ken Doll) was probably in on it, and there was no resignation letter.  Of course we aren't told that because Howard only exists to spur other characters on to whatever contrived bullshit the writers want.

Maybe.  But he was holding a piece of paper.  I think Chuck kept him out of it.

Same place they confirmed Gus is not yet locked down for season three was where they admitted the Fring Easter egg was intentional.

Some Rich Eisen dude's show, but that's all I remember.

Were they on his podcast?  I may have to look it up.  Or maybe the podcast will be enough.  They may not have Giancarlo yet but I do expect he'll show up.

• Love 3

Mom dies, calling for Jimmy the moment he leaves.

Chuck miraculously gets the very same doctor he has before.  (OK, she came in later, I'll let this one go, but add two more.)

Mike gets a cryptic note in the middle of the desert, and has a red shirt block his shot.

Jimmy falls for the oldest con in the world.

Yeah.

Woo.  ONE of those things would be unbelievably bad writing, ALL of them?  From this formerly capable team?  What the hell?

ETA

The horn only Mike could hear.  In the hills.  Where sound echos and bounces.

Jimmy doesn't even notice that Chuck's healthy enough to be on a ladder and redo his own damn house, so just MAYBE he isn't that "sick" after all?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3

On Talking Saul (we don't have a thread for it because there were only 2 episodes), Jonathan Banks seems as though he is having a hard time adjusting to Chris Hardwick's personality and energy. He doesn't seem as amused by Chris as some are.

It's about time someone knocks that talentless brown-noser down a peg. Might as well be Mike.

• Love 3

Mom dies, calling for Jimmy the moment he leaves.

Chuck miraculously gets the very same doctor he has before.

Mike gets a cryptic note in the middle of the desert, and has a red shirt block his shot.

Jimmy falls for the oldest con in the world.

Yeah.

Woo.  ONE of those things would be unbelievably bad writing, ALL of them?  From this formerly capable team?  What the hell?

I liked it. A lot. *ducking*

• Love 19

Yeah, I knew as soon as the scene began, Chuck was playing Jimmy, and it was probably one of the rare times I saw a twist on this show coming a mile away.  Great acting as always, but it was just so frustrating to watch.  I want Jimmy to get some kind of win over Chuck.  But nope.  His bizarre loyalty to a brother who has treated him like complete shit every damn second, just caused him to give the game away and put himself on tape confessing to the crime.  Fucking hell, Jimmy.  I get he his family, but there is only so far you can take this.  I think part of it is just that after the discovery on episode nine last season, Jimmy should know by now that Chuck can never, ever be trusted.  Dammit, Jimmy.  I expected better from you.

That said, I also think I know how Jimmy will somehow survive this (he obviously isn't going to jail.)  Since Chuck was making himself look depressed and maybe even suicidal, I can totally see Jimmy claiming he was in fear for Chuck's well-being and life, and was just saying what Chuck wanted to hear.  While I'm sure not everyone will fall for it, it will probably be enough to "muddy the waters", and prevent anything too bad from happening to him.

Mike's stuff was interesting though.  For a brief second, I wonder if they were going to go through and make him be the one that puts Hector in the wheelchair, but I should have known a swerve was coming.  So, someone is following Mike this entire time?  The obvious suspect is that Gus Fring is somehow behind this, but who knows if that will come into play.  I'm guessing that all depends on when they want to bring him back, and how available Giancarlo Esposito is.

Hamlin really was kind of insignificant this season, huh?  I like Patrick Fabian, but I hope this show has some kind of plan for him going forward.  At least Nacho had more to do this season.  Hope he keeps playing a part in this; especially since he knows Mike is up to stuff.

They better get a receptionist soon, because Kim certainly has better things to do then get coffee orders.

Poor Ernesto.  He probably would have been better off in the mail room, then getting himself involved in this crazy feud.

Not sure if I loved the finale, but I enjoy the season and the series is still awesome, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next.  I just hope Jimmy finally realizes that Chuck is a bastard, and it's time to go full-blown Saul on his jealous ass.

• Love 9

I liked it too. I have never watched BB, but perhaps they really wanted to show WHY Jimmy becomes Saul, perhaps this is part of the transition, that Chuck essentially trys to push Jimmy out of the law or to prosecute him and it makes him become more of the con man because of Chuck. 

• Love 8

Chris Hardwick asked them about FRINGS BACK!!!!!!!!  G&G admitted that it is not an accident, but they are hinting that it could be Gus' people and not necessarily Gus who left the note.  Or it could be Gus himself.

Chris Hardwick said the people are asking for Fring, and they have to give the people what they want (or at least give the few of us here on this forum who want to see Gus what WE want!!!!).  "Fring it on," Chris said.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 5

Of course Chuck gets the same doctor. This was hours later, likely the same nearby hospital, and she was called in to deal with a patient suffering the same so-called "condition" from before. I don't understand how it's a criticism that the hospital would call in this doctor on the very likely next time he's been seen to since Season 1.

How often do you get the same doctor in an ER in a major city? 

I had an issue a few years ago, ended up in ER about 10 times in one year because of it, and this was a relatively small town.  (35K)  I never once got the same doctor, although I did get the same nurse twice.

I'm glad some of you liked it, I don't understand it, but I'm happy for the team, whom I love, that some like this show.

For me though, this finale was like going to my favorite Japanese restaurant and finding out they are now serving McDonalds fish fillets, and not only that, they are cold.

Edited by Umbelina

I had an issue a few years ago, ended up in ER about 10 times in one year because of it, and this was a relatively small town.  (35K)  I never once got the same doctor, although I did get the same nurse twice.

Well, I don't use the ER as often as some, but the lights were off and she was talking with Jimmy soon afterward. She was obviously called in and was probably the one who advised them to turn off the lights in Chuck's room. Clea Duvall wasn't one of the doctors treating Chuck when he first arrived and we don't know how many hours passed between then and the scene with her character.

Rewatching the scene now, it sounds like she may have been called in by the hospital staff to deal with Chuck's insistence on not providing consent for tests and all that, on the basis of her prior dealings with the patient. She was very quick with providing Temporary Emergency Guardianship to Jimmy and having the number to a judge to call right then and there.

• Love 20

I liked it. A lot. *ducking*

I did too.  I was riveted the whole time.  But then, I'm not as invested in Jimmy "winning" because I think he is ultimately the master of his own downfall.

He wasn't in the ER any longer.  He was admitted at that point. 

• Love 19