Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: Ragnarok

People care about TM, but it is quite obvious that NB was mistreated and has been for a while. We don't know about BTS, but character and story wise, they did a disservice to NB and AB.

i actually started watching this show because of ichabod, i love the story of sleepy hollow, ichabod crane, and the headless horseman!! i loved it! i have read been a fan since i was a child. so when they made it into a show, i was like yay!! its like watching the movie beetlejuice and then they made a show out of it, which they did, and i loved that as a child too. (i was a strange child).

so, tom was my initial lure to the show, but my girl, you have to be trippin if you think that she didn't give this show its intrigue, and charm, and just awesomeness. where are the coloured girls?? the mindy show, okay, quantico?? ugh! i heard that muslim girl took off her hijab for a guy (bitch plz) no, we want a real, strong, independent, yet can have a true adult relationship with a man. an interracial couple at that, that is tv gold right there!!

i think some right wing nut racist was clogging up the phone lines at fox!!

I don't believe anyone from this season is coming back, not even Lyndie Greenwood. I think if they get a season four they'll wanna act like Abbie never existed, the same way they acted like Katrina never existed this season. Jenny will be a constant reminder of Abbie and I don't think the writers will want that. 

i got that feeling as well when they were saying their goodbyes at the graveyard, i hate that so much. i really like jenny. i love her street smarts, i love that she could have a relationship with a man, and keep her feistiness!! she toned herself done for no one! and joe loved her for it anyways! he didn't want to change her at all!!

• Love 6

The goal of the past two seasons has been, "Let us make you forget the amazing chemistry of the two leads." They threw every obstacle in the way, to no avail. 

It's like when they tried to remove as many Alan Rickman scenes as they could from Robin Hood to not highlight how horrible Costner was, only it didn't work.

It seems that rather than realizing there was magic happening, they decided to take it all for granted and give a big eff you to the fans in the process.

I mean, they even killed her off like twenty minutes in, right? They really wanted to put the nail in the coffin of anyone who still enjoyed the show. Like, oh, let's get rid of the rest of the audience by retconning who Abbie is and how essential she was, and making her some kind of secondary character people won't mind is killed off.

What are these dudes smoking? 

I did not know that about Robin Hood! But I can see it. Which leads me to, waaahhh, Alan Rickman. It just came back to me what a crap year this has been. Rickman, Bowie. Now I've lost my favorite fictional character and show. Because whatever zombie SH show comes back it's not going to be Sleepy Hollow. Although now I think SH left the building a while ago.

Someone pointed out that they have tried to keep TM and NB apart as much as possible, both within the episodes (apart from the ichabbie baiting moments) as well as at events. "We'll keep you apart and people will forget how magic you are. You don't have chemistry. You don't."

So much disrespect. Both to the characters and the fans. And so much hubris.

I don't know what they're smoking, but it certainly gave them unrealistic ideas about their story telling abilities and made them completely blind to what was in front of them.

• Love 4

Horrible finale. Just the worst. Of all the story choices, they chose THIS?

And yes, they could have killed off Abby if necessary due to the actress choosing (?) to leave, but to have it set up where her Witness "essence" would be transferred to someone else? WTF?  That is so disrespectful to the character, who should have remained unique, a "one and only" woman.

Have her die saving the world, then Crane could mourn her properly -- don't introduce another woman with any love interest aspects for a while... That MIGHT have worked. (Maybe).  But this level of stupid? Nope.

Don't care if there is a season four. I will NOT be watching it (even though I like TM, the show has destroyed itself and he should just move on to other projects).

Edited by LucidDreamer
  • Love 2

I wouldn't have a problem with the concept of "the witness" transferring to another person - if it had been established long ago. There were so many ways it could have been done, both with Ichabod and Abby, given Abby's family history and Ichabod's background could have been expanded to show that as well (not just by a single glyph on a tomb).

It might even have been interesting, knowing that if one of them died, someone else would get tagged in. Which apparently wouldn't have happened when Ichabod was in suspended animation? But it was a throw-away afterthought to throw away a character. It was used as  Jedi mind trick - this isn't the character you thought she was...

And that is just sloppy conceptualizing and writing. Worse, it breaks faith, completely, with your audience. I'm not sure why they expect anyone to come back after this.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 9
Someone pointed out that they have tried to keep TM and NB apart as much as possible, both within the episodes (apart from the ichabbie baiting moments) as well as at events. "We'll keep you apart and people will forget how magic you are. You don't have chemistry. You don't."

So much disrespect. Both to the characters and the fans. And so much hubris.

I don't know what they're smoking, but it certainly gave them unrealistic ideas about their story telling abilities and made them completely blind to what was in front of them.

When Abbie was trapped in the catacombs, Crane almost melted my tv screen looking at her picture.  TM could bring it without saying a single word.  Compare that to all his tepid "my love" to Katrina.

Do they hold special  w̶r̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ whiting workshops for these hacks?

• Love 9

I was so caught up in my rage spiral over Abbie, I completely forgot to mention how horrified I was with what they did to Headless. 

I hated what they did to him in S2 and that they made him nothing but Emo Abraham and muted all the of menacing dread he'd displayed in S1.

I didn't particularly miss him in S3, since they had ruined him in S2.  But I would have loved for him to come back.  When it seemed like he did I was thrilled.  Until... WTF?  He was reduced to a walk on that did Ichabod's bidding?  "Come along Headless kill the mean Goddess! Good  job.  Now you can go away now."  And he does.

Sigh.

• Love 7

Really nice comment by this individual I linked before who has some very good insights. That person linked to another so beautiful write-up about the show.

This all breaks my heart - to the point that I am tearing up now reading this. How can a show make one so easily upset and break one's heart so easily. What a waste of a power acting duo with off the charts chemistry and charisma and what a waste of a show...

Grieving sucks.

Sleepy Hollow Could Have Been Hamilton

• Love 8

I was so caught up in my rage spiral over Abbie, I completely forgot to mention how horrified I was with what they did to Headless.

I hated what they did to him in S2 and that they made him nothing but Emo Abraham and muted all the of menacing dread he'd displayed in S1.

I didn't particularly miss him in S3, since they had ruined him in S2. But I would have loved for him to come back. When it seemed like he did I was thrilled. Until... WTF? He was reduced to a walk on that did Ichabod's bidding? "Come along Headless kill the mean Goddess! Good job. Now you can go away now." And he does.

Sigh.

I'm curious to how Crane got The Horseman's head back. I know it wasn't destroyed when THO exploded The Kindred, but how did Crane know that? Where did he find it?

• Love 2

Well, skimming through this and all I can say is... I'm so glad I ditched this show midway through season 2. It was well off the rails by then, and by all accounts it's just gone further and further off course.

I don't know about the behind the scenes stuff, I just know that Nicole Beharie was far better than this pile of shit, and I'll be keen to see what she does next. Agent 355 in an adaptation of Y: The Last Man, perhaps?

• Love 3

It's been 2 days now and I've read countless fan opinions, blogs and articles about the season finale. I've also had time to process what TPTB behind SH have truly done and to understand what I truly feel. I'm heartbroken for Nicole Beharie, for Abbie Mills, for Ichabbie, and even for Tom Mison (albeit at a lesser extent).

I think I'm at the point where I no longer want to invest myself in any more television shows or their characters because for whatever reason, things never turn out right. I've championed Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Beauty and the Beast, Reign, Robin Hood (BBC series), Supernatural, and many more over the years, only to see the showrunners and writers destroy the magic and charm of each series either through mishandling the power couples, ridiculous s/l choices, retooling, or all of the above. But Sleepy Hollow is the straw that broke the camel's back.

What they've done is unforgivable and inexcusable. They've changed the entire footprint of the show. It cannot go on with one Witness looking for the re-born soul of a fallen comrade. That's not the way the story was introduced. This is not Supernatural with all its crazy rules and resurrections. This isn't "one Slayer falls, the next one is called." This is utter bullshit and if they think the viewers who have stuck with them through S2 and now THIS will continue to watch they are INSANE.

They've played their last nasty little card. And I will NEVER, EVER forgive them for the blatant ship-baiting (which was obviously only engaged in to carry them through for ratings to a finale that no one wanted).

Abbie is irreplaceable. The bond between Crane and his Lieutenant cannot be duplicated. And I have no interest in this new directive. I guess now I can spend my leisure time pursuing interests that will no longer frustrate or anger me, that will actually yield the desired results with satisfaction.

The TV world is a dark, cruel, unimaginative place for everyone who participates, and this former fan (and viewer) has finally had enough.

Edited by taurusrose
  • Love 20

Well the weird thing is according to EW, FOX gave them a statement saying they were discussing a fourth season

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/08/sleepy-hollow-death-network-statement

"The executive producers, studio, and network released this statement to EW:

“The finale featuring the tragic death of Abbie Mills was a very dramatic ending and a bold move for the show, but Sleepy Hollow has always been known for its shocking finales. We feel we provided a wonderfully poignant conclusion for Abbie and showed some of the best moments between the Witnesses that we’ve seen on-screen. We thank Nicole Beharie for bringing Abbie and Sleepy Hollow to life. We are currently discussing season 4, and should the series be picked up for another season, we have some exciting scenarios and new avenues we want to explore.”

I never remember a situation where a network publicly said that were discussing a show's future, usually you only hear official renewal announcements.  I just find it so painfully ironic that the second they get of Abbie all of the sudden there is this burst of optimism regarding next season. It just makes no sense to me.

I wonder if the writers and producers are reading any of these boards.  If so, are they surprised by the level of outrage? 

My first quote is from the ratings thread - this clearly shows to me that the writers and producers never read the boards, and yes, they are surprised by the level of outrage.

This kind of statement is highly unusual - what it says to me is that the show is still on the bubble, and the producers are terrified that the Fox executives will point to the extremely public reaction of fans and critics alike, and say the equivalent of "You shat the bed, guys. You bit the hand. You done fucked up. No season 4 for you."

Usually people would say - well, it's just the fans. They're never satisfied. But the critics agree. And nowadays, the fans do matter, especially with a niche genre show like Sleepy Hollow, where you need all the fans you can get.

I think the writers and producers were surprised because like others have said on this board, they're used to one story: white guy with busty boobsy white sidekick. They're not interested in anything unusual or exceptional, so they feel no-one else will be interested either.

• Love 7

I wonder if the writers and producers are reading any of these boards.  If so, are they surprised by the level of outrage? 

I'm sure they'll be very surprise and then will simply dismiss the feedback because they "know" better.

• Love 2

I'm a big NB fan.  Even so, I'll give season 4 a try, if they bring it back.  They laid a decent enough foundation to keep me interested, at least for now. 

I wonder if Nicole herself didn't have input on the ending?  She apparently wanted out for some time.  She must have been pretty dissatisfied with the whole direction the show and her character was taking.  If she'd really wanted Ichabbie, e.g., I bet she could have gotten it.  Instead, almost the entire season moved away from that, to the point that she seemed headed for a serious relationship with someone who seemed like a mostly peripheral character. 

This kind of statement is highly unusual - what it says to me is that the show is still on the bubble, and the producers are terrified that the Fox executives will point to the extremely public reaction of fans and critics alike, and say the equivalent of "You shat the bed, guys. You bit the hand. You done fucked up. No season 4 for you.

Let it be so!

My guess is  that it was being stored up someone's ass and one of the writers pulled it out from there.

This is hilarious!

Now that Abbie has been cast in the role of magical negro and we know her work is done, what's the point of her essence being transferred to someone else? I don't actually care since I won't be watching a season 4, should the Fox executives be so foolish as to order one. It just occurs to me that this is another thing the showrunners would have to retcon. I am sure they are up to the challenge. They no doubt have plenty of other things stored up the ass that skull was plucked from.

Edited by AD55
  • Love 5

I wonder if Nicole herself didn't have input on the ending? She apparently wanted out for some time. She must have been pretty dissatisfied with the whole direction the show and her character was taking. If she'd really wanted Ichabbie, e.g., I bet she could have gotten it.

RUFKM? Have you been reading the trials and tribulations of Nicole Beharie?

• Love 4

This kind of statement is highly unusual - what it says to me is that the show is still on the bubble, and the producers are terrified that the Fox executives will point to the extremely public reaction of fans and critics alike, and say the equivalent of "You shat the bed, guys. You bit the hand. You done fucked up. No season 4 for you."

You forgot "You screwed the pooch" ( when you've done the one and only thing that can never be fixed)

Edited by DJG1122
  • Love 2

If they really felt they needed to keep Nicole, the likelihood is she would still be there, but that would mean they valued her enough to make her want to stay. Did they see her role as a problem to be solved or an asset to be cultivated? There is a chance that the situation is one where she fulfilled her obligations honourably but it was time to move on and it's not about her position in the cast, her personal life or pay-check or other signs of appreciation (comparable to Clooney leaving ER). Possible, yes, probable, not so much.

Really the main question I have is whether that ending which has opened the door for a near total reboot is something that was planned all along or something they did at the last minute to compensate for the failure to retain their leading lady. If the former, was it the straw that broke the camel's back, was it the point at which she saw herself officially relegated to sidekick? I find it believable that she was ready to leave after the shenanigans in season two, I do wonder whether there was a sustained desire to put the show behind her or if it was a willingness to leave if presented with another round of "great ideas" that added up to a diminished role. 

The writing this season was weak, there was a lot of promise, but more fizzle than anything that sparked. The only thing that was consistently watchable was the bond between Abbie and Ichabod. With that gone, it's just another mediocre genre show.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 5

I probably can't find it, but in S2 Goffman (think it was him) called people who criticized the direction the show was taking "haters" - on twitter I think.

oKKK!

I suspect that the replacement showrunner lives in just as insulated existence...cause there is no other rational explanation for the way this season has gone.  And to shipbait the fans?  Shitbait.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 3

Spent the last 20 minutes crying my eyes out.  Not even Non-Flashback Clancy Brown could cheer me up, though he performed it well (as always).  Mr. Wordsworth spent the night on Twitter viewing the internet meltdown and wrote his own feelings down on his blog. The next morning, we were still upset.

How could they kill one of the best characters on television?  

• Love 5

I'm still upset but I'm getting better. I've been able to process things without a white hot rage. Abbie was one of my 3 female TV bad asses along with Michonne from TWD and Lagertha from The Vikings.

Abbie's death was bad enough but to see one of my bad asses going down without a fight and excepting her fate so passively has been disgusting.

I've been watching Underground on WGN. They've only had 5 episodes yet I cheered when Zeke continued to fight through 3 gunshot woumds and an axe in the back.

If Abbie had to die, she should have gone down swinging. Fighting with everything she had until her very last freaking breath. Not the weak self scarifice BS and introspection these idiot showruiners gave us. That's the minimum I expect from all of my bad asses.

One bright spot for me has been laughing at CC. His twitter bio talks about fighting against bad tv. Well, dumbass you will now go down in TV infamy with HIMYM and Dexter as creating one of the worst episodes in history.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 8

If they really felt they needed to keep Nicole, the likelihood is she would still be there, but that would mean they valued her enough to make her want to stay. Did they see her role as a problem to be solved or an asset to be cultivated? There is a chance that the situation is one where she fulfilled her obligations honourably but it was time to move on and it's not about her position in the cast, her personal life or pay-check or other signs of appreciation (comparable to Clooney leaving ER). Possible, yes, probable, not so much.

The problem was, they weren't blind to what was in front of them. They saw it and fought against it, because they didn't want to make the show about the shippers, even while they were baiting us with it. 

What you said about them purposely keeping them apart is true. They thought if they did that, people would forget. But they didn't. Because even when they were apart you still felt their magnetic pull.

This was really the problem IMO. I think both Goffman and Campbell always viewed the character of Abbie as a necessary evil. They realized they had to give her screentime to placate fans, but were never committed to her creatively. They didn't want to deal with the idea of having to write Ichabbie. Like Goffman's long game was having Katrina replace Abbie, I think Campbell was trying to soften the blow of Abbie leaving by giving us a lot of Betsy Ross and Zoe early on, before realizing they just had to tease Ichabbie as long as possibly before abruptly writing Abbie off the show at the very end.

On one level it is vexing to me, because TPTB must realize on some level they are likely hurting themselves financially by doing this, but when you think about it, how many times do we see movies/tv shows with diverse characters do well, only for Hollywood to remain overwhelmingly white and male. Sometimes bias ends up playing a bigger role than everything else

• Love 4

In every wild depressing scenario I could come up with not once did I think they would decimate the character of Abbie Mills.  To me, Abbie was the hero of this story. (That's not a knock on Ichabod but I truly saw her that way.) I could count on that through all the crappy stories and nonsense characters being thrown at us. Yet, in one meaningless episode, it was all taken away. She just gave up. She went out with a whimper and an acknowledgement that she was nothing more than a prop. Damn, even Katrina went out fighting.

I can  deal with death. I wouldn't have continued watching but I would have looked back on past episodes admiring and loving this character. I can't even do that now.

I love that they thought bringing back headless and August would win them accolades. I also love that they didn't confirm her death until it was well into the second half hour. They used Abbie Mills for everything and tossed her out as if she was some guest star. I'm sure NB saw the writing on the wall long ago. The way her character ended up just proves what she was probably thinking all along anyway.

They couldn't even be bothered to get her name right on her headstone. Hacks.

• Love 5
This was really the problem IMO. I think both Goffman and Campbell always viewed the character of Abbie as a necessary evil. They realized they had to give her screentime to placate fans, but were never committed to her creatively. They didn't want to deal with the idea of having to write Ichabbie. Like Goffman's long game was having Katrina replace Abbie, I think Campbell was trying to soften the blow of Abbie leaving by giving us a lot of Betsy Ross and Zoe early on, before realizing they just had to tease Ichabbie as long as possibly before abruptly writing Abbie off the show at the very end.

Here's what I don't get about this show, and I'm glad I stopped watching last year.  If the Goffman and Campbell didn't like the Abbie character, then why have her in the first place?  I mean during the first season, before the show aired, they had to have watched the dailies.  They had to have seen the chemistry.  

I think there must have been some behind the scenes bullshit going on.  Years ago HBO cancelled "Deadwood" really for no reason.  The show had lots of viewers, had won awards, why cancel the show?  I have a feeling something fishy was going on between HBO and Deadwood's show runners.  I mean they just killed that show and yet every thing David Simon produces, HBO salivates over (granted, most stuff from David Simon is wonderful). So I'm sure it was some behind the scenes bullshit going on.  

• Love 6

I just know that Nicole Beharie was far better than this pile of shit, and I'll be keen to see what she does next. Agent 355 in an adaptation of Y: The Last Man, perhaps?

I stopped reading Y about halfway through (although I don't recall why -- I liked it well enough) and now I'm glad I did.

Yorick realizes he actually loves 355. It's not the woman he was looking for that he loved, but the woman walking alongside him. 355 feels the same, but at the moment they finally come together 355 is killed by Alter.

Um, no.  Hate that trope, and it's always the woman who dies (necessary for this plot, but still...).  Won't watch unless I know that's changed.

Here's what I don't get about this show, and I'm glad I stopped watching last year.  If the Goffman and Campbell didn't like the Abbie character, then why have her in the first place?  I mean during the first season, before the show aired, they had to have watched the dailies.  They had to have seen the chemistry.  

I think there must have been some behind the scenes bullshit going on.  Years ago HBO cancelled "Deadwood" really for no reason.  The show had lots of viewers, had won awards, why cancel the show?  I have a feeling something fishy was going on between HBO and Deadwood's show runners.  I mean they just killed that show and yet every thing David Simon produces, HBO salivates over (granted, most stuff from David Simon is wonderful). So I'm sure it was some behind the scenes bullshit going on.  

I think that Goffman probably wasn't in charge of hiring, etc, in the first season, though I suspect he did see dailies. He was promoted to show runner in season 2, when the cast was pretty much already in full swing. Campbell was new to the show in the 3rd season. Not to defend either of them, of course. What they've both done is unconscionable. 

As for Deadwood, my understanding was that David Milch was too erratic for HBO, and ran costs too high with his method. The man was truly a genius with that show, but it was constantly facing budget overages and delayed filming when he'd change scenes right before they were supposed to be shooting. I've always had the impression that David Milch considered his own (unquestionable) genius at story telling as an excuse to ignore the business side of the business. But that's just me. :-)

You know what?  I still haven't figured out what reason there might have been for bringing in Betsy Ross this season.  Think about it--did her appearances in the show change anything?  Yeah, she made the flag, but that's something that could have been referred to in conversation and its secrets exposed in one of Ichabod's many books.  We didn't actually have to see Betsy.  She was an annoyance that served no purpose.

My guess is that they were testing her out as a possible replacement for Abbie. I'd be willing to bet that if she had a better audience reception, she would have come to the present and taken up Abbie's mantle as co-Witness and probable love interest.

• Love 3

Wait....what? I didn't notice that.  What did they get wrong?

I'm probably just being nitpicky but it read Abigail Mills and not Grace Abigail Mills. I would've thought her full name would be on there.

• Love 5

Does anyone else find themselves clicking the "You Like This" icon on nearly every post?  And wanting to click it on every post but refraining because you've already "liked" so many and it's feeling redundant?  As unhappy as I was with the finale, it means a lot to me to come here and find such articulate posts summing up what I've been feeling.  Thanks, everyone.

• Love 23

CC:  In the season finale, we revisit some life-changing moments and relationships in Abbie’s life that indicate that her world, her life, and her job have sort of come full circle.

"We revisit some life changing moments": Three super-quick wardrobe and hair changes, is not a revisit. Neither is a third trip to the Corbin & pie motif. We did not revisit Poor Dead Andy, who certainly was pivotal to her growth and acceptance of her mission as Witness. There was no Scary Ass Dollhouse- sighting or mention- as that was certainly a tribulation and trial for Our Ms. Mills. No flashbacks over her relationship with Jenny. Not one millisecond was spent on Captain Frank Irving and his sacrifice as part of the Witnesses' journey. So no, TIIC, I reject that portion of your bull.

In order for something to come full circle, there must be a return to something. A student graduating, going to college then returning as a teacher to an earlier school is one example. In the docuseries A Chef's Life, Vivian grew up in NC, moved to NY and learned how to be a chef. Her parents  said they'd pay for a restaurant she could run, but only if she moved back to her hometown. This is another example. Coming back to something you started out as.

Abbie Mills, on the show, started as a sheriff's deputy about to go to Quantico for FBI training. She eventually did that off-screen. Abbie was still a federal agent when she died. She was stationed in/near Sleepy Hollow, but she rarely, if ever, worked with Sleepy Hollow PD. Nor did she come back to be the sheriff, which could have been a nice in-character nod to her mentor.

To me, there was no "sort of" come full circle. Abbie was straight-up cut down before her prime. Yes, some people in our lives die before they should. This is TV though. If TIIC really knew Nicole wanted gone, this season was rudeness. ( It was also unfair to Mr. Gross and Ms. Camacho, imo, as it feels like they were stuck in all the bts mess, but getting paid for being professional about it all.)

I can't believe all the bs that was seemingly visited on everyone, but The Hidden One and Pandora being dispatched as they were was stupid, to me.  If even a partly depowered THO could be taken down by one head shot, why didn't they already have Jenny do that last week? Have Jenny "discovered" before THO gets red-zapped and THO "curse" Joe then have Jenny pull the headshot?  Pandora, telling lies again, gets the red zaps and grows powerful, scares a church and then Jenny and Ichabod track her down.

Considering The Kindred kept his head when he and Ms. Kindred left everyone dumbstruck around Halloween, I was wondering whose skull Ichabod had.  THO did indeed 'splodey the Kindreds, but the gang wasn't privy  to that knowledge, iirc. That lack of caring/ explaining was another sign that showed me that whoever is shepherding this along had no fucks to give at this point.

Wordsworth, thank you for sharing your "naughty" con photo. A neat treat!

• Love 7

I missed the full circle thing. It makes me want to point out that 360 degrees takes you back to the point of origin, and Abbie Mills did not begin when Ichabod got there.

• Love 4

Guys, I'm just still smad (sad/mad)about this. I loved this show so damned much. It breaks my heart what they've done. :(

I'm sad and sorta depressed about it and I just feel weird overall...I don't know how to describe it, just weird.

All I know is I'm glad I didn't quit smoking this week - I needed several all weekend to calm my nerves...

• Love 3

Didn't the first episode of the first season open with Sympathy For The Devil?  This last one closed with another version of that song - I think they aren't looking to come back for a 4th season.  Which would be fine with me because I feel totally screwed over.  

• Love 2

I'm sad and sorta depressed about it and I just feel weird overall...I don't know how to describe it, just weird.

All I know is I'm glad I didn't quit smoking this week - I needed several all weekend to calm my nerves...

I'm feeling weird about it too... it's a strange detachment in some ways, but still sad. I think the show runner and writers deserve all the crap being flung their way, but I'm getting to the point where I'm accepting that what's done is done and there is no going back. So, yeah... weird. 

• Love 5

I'm feeling weird about it too... it's a strange detachment in some ways, but still sad. I think the show runner and writers deserve all the crap being flung their way, but I'm getting to the point where I'm accepting that what's done is done and there is no going back. So, yeah... weird. 

That's it actually. A strange detachment. Five Stages of Grief and all of that. I was in denial all season, was angry Friday night, semi-skipped bargaining, now lingering between depression and acceptance. Deleted Ragnarok from my DVR too. I just can't rewatch it. But there is nothing to be done - what's done is done.

• Love 4

What's funny is I was so excited about the finale. Episode started off amazing. About the time Abbie had her soul kind of sucked out I went to Google to check NB's height because she looked so tiny in Tom's arms.

And I was totally blindsided by the news of Abbie's death and I didn't even watch the rest of the episode I was so angry.

I was livid and it takes a lot to make me angry. I couldn't believe what they had done. I still can't believe it.

Like you two, I've forced myself to accept it but I feel like someone I knew was killed on Friday. Abbie was run over by drunk driver Clifton Campbell in a hit and run and he's getting away with it because Nicole was tired of being treated like a stepchild on her own show.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 9

But there is nothing to be done - what's done is done.

I get and do agree with the comments above, but I think the issues that came out of this, regardless of why it happened, are bigger than the show and what we can do is be clear about how absolutely wrong it was on so many levels, so that it stops happening.  This should be made an example of what not to do. We’ll all get on with our lives, but I won’t forget in a hurry.

• Love 11

If anyone is offended by potty mouthed words, do not watch this. It's an oldie, for sure, but I think the very end sums up the entire situation, most especially the feelings towards TIIC. The rest? I figured everyone needs a laugh about now:

• Love 4

If anyone is offended by potty mouthed words, do not watch this. It's an oldie, for sure, but I think the very end sums up the entire situation, most especially the feelings towards TIIC. The rest? I figured everyone needs a laugh about now:

This is hilarious!!  I have never seen this before, and I was literally laughing out loud.  It is a pretty versatile word, isn't it?  Haha.

• Love 3