Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Welcome To Bloody Fingers 101

• Start Topic

Does anyone think Phil is CGI'd into the cluebox appearances? The racers in the background never even seem to notice he's there. It seems little suspicious to me that he'd tape those moments while the teams were actually getting their clues, and it just looks fake to me.

It's been like that for a few seasons, though this was more prominent than usual, perhaps because it was a TBC leg and Phil had limited time to film the intros to the tasks and then make it to the Pit Stop ahead of the teams. No, I don't think it was CGI.

The Georgian candy is 'churchkhela'.

• Love 2

Does anyone think Phil is CGI'd into the cluebox appearances? The racers in the background never even seem to notice he's there. It seems little suspicious to me that he'd tape those moments while the teams were actually getting their clues, and it just looks fake to me. I don't mind them doing this, but it looks to me like it's not real.

Yes, it looks CGI'd to me to, especially because the racers aren't at all distracted by another set of cameras - and the host - just feet away. And also it probably takes Phil a couple of tries to get a usable take.

That dance task was one of the best sequences in TAR, ever.

Edited by Archery

Yes, it looks CGI'd to me to, especially because the racers aren't at all distracted by another set of cameras - and the host - just feet away. And also it probably takes Phil a couple of tries to get a usable take.

That dance task was one of the best sequences in TAR, ever.

And if racers were EVER going to be distracted by cameras, it would be this group.  They're like little metal people and the cameras are magnets.  Can....Not.....Ignore.....

• Love 5

Does anyone think Phil is CGI'd into the cluebox appearances? The racers in the background never even seem to notice he's there.

It doesn't look CGI'd to me.  And while I haven't seen it yet this season, in past seasons the racers have reacted to Phil's presence, with a "Hi, Phil!" or similar, as they scamper past.

• Love 8

I am going with the theory that Blair really did hurt her knee, but, given what I have seen of her and Scott's relationship, I would not be surprised if she was not the most stoic person.  In other words, her pain tolerance is not high.  Perhaps she is like the kindergartner at a birthday party who fell down and bumped their knee, limping until they see the bouncy house and then run to it and start jumping around - Racing to the mat took her mind off her injured knee.  Not that anyone should take chances with a knee - you don't want to make it worse (you can race with a hurt shoulder, but not with a hurt knee or ankle - at least not race well).

Or perhaps her knee hurt a lot, but by the time Scot was done with the dance it was much better - something got tweaked, but not really injured.  Like when you step wrong and turn your ankle but after a little time, it feels normal again.  

In any case, either Scott and Blair decided that they wanted to keep her knee a secret or the editors really don't like her, because it was very odd that we didn't hear anything about it, not even a "my knee still feels weird, maybe you should do the task, Daddy."

• Love 4

Agreed.  Especially because Scott, although now an OBGYN, also did an emergency medicine residency and surely would know how to take care of a knee.  I would be surprised if the editors would have missed an opportunity for Scott to be all doctorly towards his own daughter, especially because they didn't really play up the fact that he is a doctor at all during their entire race.

I think it's some spin from Blair to save face and deflect criticism.

• Love 7

It's certainly possible Blair had a real knee injury, and normally I would have no problem believing it. But the fact that her father seemed surprised that she wanted him to do the dancing, and asked her a few times if she was sure before giving in and agreeing to do the task, is what makes it seem suspicious to me.

• Love 8

Hurt knee or not, I'm glad she's gone so we won't have to hear her shrieking or suffer any of this romance nonsense anymore. Despite all the talk I think Brodie as more chemistry with Tyler than Blair. The two guy teams are a riot when they chat during challenges. They all may be loud but they are having a blast, especially Brodie and Kurt.

The candy and dance judges were awesome. I loved how the candy lady wasn't going to help by speaking English. And the dance judge was getting more and more impatient with Korey and Scott. Finally you could see him shrug and say, "yeah, ok" to both of them.

There are still people I can't identify in this race. For YouTube "sensations" some of them are pretty vanilla personalities.

• Love 6

Man, I was cheering so hard for Team Rooster Teeth, they're so jovial and good-natured no matter where they are in the standings. Hope they pull out a 1st place finish before everything's over!

You absolutely have to return other team's items. The Globetrotters got nailed on the same thing a few seasons back, and had to do way more work to return the fannypack/bumbag they'd accidentally taken.

Cole is at an age of like, maximum male insecurity, so I'm not even that bothered by his awkward reactions to literally everything. Sheri shushing him for saying "muy rapido" was freaking hilarious. You could just hear the "Oh, Lord, now everyone's going to think I can't raise my kids right" running through her head.

Rotating on a tweaked knee is literally one of the worst things that has ever happened to me, so I do not blame Blair one bit for deferring on the dance task.The way something reacts to simple impact versus torsion can be totally different, so yes she could run while still taking one look at all that leaping and twisting and go "oh hells no." I'm not on the #SaveScott train either. He seems like one of those quietly Very Particular parents where they decide something needs to be done a certain way and there's literally no point arguing with them. The one time Blair was carrying her own bag, Scott immediately started to nag nag nag about how he should carry it and would probably fixate on it until the end of time. Becoming an adult Barbie Princess takes hard work from parent and child.

• Love 7

Well, you know, it's one thing to run, it's another to dance with grace. She would have been judged on her dancing; she's not judged on her running. Except here, obviously.

I hurt my knee running in college and kept running and trying to run far longer than I should have. But I could run, especially if I was able to ice it for a while. Dancing that might have involved twisting would have been out of the question, especially if I wasn't sure what kind of dancing I would have to do.

And if racers were EVER going to be distracted by cameras, it would be this group.  They're like little metal people and the cameras are magnets.  Can....Not.....Ignore.....

I thought that if any group of racers would be able to ignore a camera, it would be this one, particularly if they think they are supposed to ignore it because they are used to cameras.

• Love 7

I can see why Scot got confused about the bags since that's the first time I've seen Blair pick them up.  And guess who was running to the mat holding both bags? Yep, Daddy.  I'm so glad they're gone, maybe now I can relax and watch the race.

I know a lot of people hate Blair, but to be fair to her, she clearly said she had both bags. And, the bag her father took was black, which is not a colour of the bags they had. Their elimination was her dad's fault just as much as it was hers.

Brodie and Tyler can leave the competition at any time.

Edited by Jal
  • Love 1

You shouldn't get annoyed with them for not speaking English. They may have been instructed to stick to their own language.

I have met a number of people who understand English much, much better than they speak it. You could ask for directions and they could point where you need to go with mimed extra guidance. There have even been cases where I've asked a question, the person has gone off to find someone who speaks English, relayed the question, and the English speaker returned with the info I needed. For that matter, when I took French in high school my comprehension was vastly better than my ability to speak.

• Love 8

I feel so un-critical and accepting of the racers, in comparison to so many here. How these people can inspire such pure revulsion is beyond me.

This batch has been generally fine for me. Last season had Justin and the Papparazi who were pretty unlikeable people, the dating season had the awful passive-agressive nag, but I don't find any of these racers nearly as aggravating. There's no one so whiny as Brachel or slimy and self pitying as the Dad who tore his Achilles tendon (did anyone know he tore his Achilles tendon? Because he tore his Achilles tendon. And he was old. With a torn Achilles Tendon.)

Some of them are less than loveable - I don't like the vibe of the dancers - but if I had started watching last week, I'd be surprised that they were all social media types.

• Love 6

You know what fun extra videos they should be offering on the CBS website? Little interviews with the task judges about how the racers did. Wouldn't it be fun to hear from the dance teacher and the candy maker about what they saw from their POV?

• Love 14

Man, I was cheering so hard for Team Rooster Teeth, they're so jovial and good-natured no matter where they are in the standings. Hope they pull out a 1st place finish before everything's over!

You absolutely have to return other team's items. The Globetrotters got nailed on the same thing a few seasons back, and had to do way more work to return the fannypack/bumbag they'd accidentally taken.

The Globetrotters did nearly no work to return the fanny pack to Ron and Christina. They left it in the changing room when they realized they had taken it and the changing room was down the hill from where they had taken it, hence the 30 minute penalty they got. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Re the dance roadblock. Honestly, I've known plenty of young women who can't dance a lick. Sure, they'll jump in the woohoo circle at wedding receptions, but are spastic as hell and couldn't find a beat if their life depended on it. And there are plenty of older people who might not be professional dancers, but have a great sense of rhythm and can feel the beat. Frankly, Mr. Tanyak and I thought Scott looked pretty good considering toward the end of his attempts. Maybe Blair assessed that her father is indeed the better dancer. 

Edited by tanyak
  • Love 5

I feel so un-critical and accepting of the racers, in comparison to so many here.  How these people can inspire such pure revulsion is beyond me.  

I was annoyed with the "social media" aspect of this race, but it turned out that this group to me for the most part is no different than any other group of TAR contestants.  There are always going to be some I really like and some I really hate.  I like Matt and Zach and Rachel the most.  They seem very down to earth and pleasant.  I passionately hated the prancing blue model girls ("whyyyyy won't anyone help meeeee") and I really dislike Cole, his stupid hair, and his stupid grin and his all around wussiness.

Tyler is increasingly grating on my nerves.  Last episode they were so negative nelly with the repeated "we're in last, we're done, that's it" and now this episode with "where's my bag, it was right here, where is it" shrillness.... yeesch.  It seems to me that whenthey are in first or second he is plesant and smiley but the minute they face any adversity he dissolves into this screeching negative harpy.

• Love 2

I figure Tyler knew there was probably footage of whoever took his bag so why not make it clear right away that they need to watch the footage and see what happened.

Because they don't allow the racers to do that and talk about a waste of time that surely would have gotten them eliminated.

• Love 3

They don't allow the racers to do what? Ask the cameraman to hit rewind to see who took their backpack instead of trying to investigate via.. psychic powers? We don't know what they do and don't do in every situation. How do you think they justify the penalties for all the past 'cheaters'?

They do not let the racers view the footage during the race. Not to mention that there are several camera crews so the camera crew that caught Scott picking up the bag was not necessarily with Tyler at that moment. The penalties are added by production, not racers looking at the footage. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

They don't allow the racers to do what?  Ask the cameraman to hit rewind to see who took their backpack instead of trying to investigate via.. psychic powers?

If the crew saw someone stealing a backpack, I'm not entirely sure they would move to prevent it.  The loss of a backpack is simply a race event that the racers would be expected to overcome -- or fall by the wayside -- without any interference from production.  We've had a racer drop a passport in a gas station, and no effort was made by the crew to secure / return it.

• Love 6

So you know all the rules how?

Tyler wouldn't need to watch the footage himself, or need to know for sure his own cameraman caught footage of it to enlighten them to the theft so the production personnel could make a decision, just like they do in penalty situations.

Production knew that Scott took the bag they could have simply told Tyler but they didnt because they don't interfere in this type of situation because it's part of the race. If Scott hadnt returned the bag he would have gotten a penalty. Even when racers have legitimately had items lost or stolen they haven't interferred.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I hurt my knee running in college and kept running and trying to run far longer than I should have. But I could run, especially if I was able to ice it for a while. Dancing that might have involved twisting would have been out of the question, especially if I wasn't sure what kind of dancing I would have to do.

I've run through injuries....however, it will always affect how I run.  Which I think it does for anyone, so could someone run with a knee injury...sure, but should they be running the same way they would uninjured....I can't see it.  Especially if you're injured to the point where you can't put any weight on your knee.  If your knee is that bad, you should be at least limping or favoring one side in order to try to keep the weight off of it.

I saw none of that with Blair.

Ultimately....I think its a big case of.....

I think it's some spin from Blair to save face and deflect criticism.

• Love 2

Some seasons ago we saw the mother and son (Dallas?) leave their fanny pack in the taxi. The camera focused on it and yet the crew did nothing to alert them or stop the taxi from driving off. No, if they knew Scott picked up Tyler's bag they would do nothing to interfere with how it played out.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

I think the rationale for this policy is that it's your responsibility to keep track of your belongings at all times. Production can't be responsible for racers leaving their bags unattended in airports, on the streets, in the wilderness, or anywhere else.

I understand why Tyler freaked out when his pack disappeared, and I probably would have done the same. But if he had been paying attention to his job as the non-active Roadblock teammate (which is to watch their stuff while the task is completed), Scott could not have walked off with the pack.

Again, I might have made the same mistake, I get that he wanted to watch the dancing. But he could have, for instance, placed the packs so that he had one foot inside a strap of each pack, so if anyone tried to pick them up, they'd catch on his leg and be stopped. Or he could have had them resting against his leg so he'd feel it if they suddenly disappeared, and could see and stop whoever took them.

It's not his fault Scott grabbed his bag, but it IS his fault he didn't notice, and it's not the job of Production to keep track of your gear or help you find it if you don't.

• Love 7

I'd rather Tyler and Korey had been eliminated because Tyler annoys me more than Blair, but Scott and Blair weren't going much farther anyway.  It's unfortunate how it happened, but I liked how Scott worked to get the dance down.  And I was really impressed with how quickly Sheri seemed to pick it up.

It's definitely not the first time that a racer has lost possession of a bag. Didn't the Globetrotters accidentally take someone else's bag? Or someone accidentally took one of their bags? And didn't one team leave the Amazing Fannypak somewhere? And I remember one of the female teams losing their passport at a gas station during the first leg several seasons ago. In all of those cases, the crew filmed what happened but didn't say, "Hey, you guys! That's the wrong bag!" It's like the Prime Directive on Star Trek - they're not supposed to interfere.

• Love 2

Scott would definitely have received a penalty; that's one reason (probably the main one) why the moment he knew what he'd done, he had no other thought but to run back and return it. "Accidentally" is how this sort of thing generally happens -- that's why they all know that taking someone else's stuff, however unintentionally, has bad consequences.

I too don't think Tyler overreacted at all. If I'm in an unfamiliar country and suddenly all my possessions are inexplicably gone... I may not have a hypothesis as to how it happened, but that doesn't matter: I'm going to be frantic to get it back.

I don't like Tyler and find him more annoying than Blair, but I don't blame him for reacting as he did when he discovered that his backpack was missing.  Even though I think his passport was probably in his Amazing fanny pack, all his other stuff was in that backpack.

• Love 1

It worked to Tyler's advantage that Scott did take his pack.  He's lucky it happened.  That extra minute probably allowed them to get ahead.  

Yes, it was Dallas and it cost them the race.  But at the time this loss happened, Tyler had no way of knowing it was an event that production wouldn't intervene to help correct.  I'm sure those happen, too.  Because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't happen.  We probably see less than 1% of the actual events on the race, and almost nothing related to acts by production personnel.  

According to everything I've ever read on racers' blogs, etc., production doesn't seem to EVER intervene in situations where a racer has lost, misplaced or had someone else take, some of their possessions.  We've seen people lose passports and clues and have to go back for them or get eliminated when they couldn't retrieve the missing item, and we've seen racers be penalized for taking, hiding or otherwise interfering with other racers' belongings.  I've seen and read absolutely nothing which indicates that production would intervene.  If Tyler has been a fan of AR (don't know that he is but he might be) he'd be well aware that production wouldn't help him get his backpack back.  If they didn't intervene to retrieve a racer's passport a few seasons ago, why would they work to get his backpack back?

• Love 6

It worked to Tyler's advantage that Scott did take his pack. He's lucky it happened. That extra minute probably allowed them to get ahead.

Yes, it was Dallas and it cost them the race. But at the time this loss happened, Tyler had no way of knowing it was an event that production wouldn't intervene to help correct. I'm sure those happen, too. Because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't happen. We probably see less than 1% of the actual events on the race, and almost nothing related to acts by production personnel.

Given the number of times we have seen them actively not interfere, in addition to the ones mentioned a Taxi took off with the rockers bags and one of their passports but they couldn't track down the cab even though they had a lot of information, I don't know why you assume their is a bunch of footage where production is saving racers stuff. As far as I know based on countless interviews, posts, behind the scenes stories, gossip etc. over the years I think one of the only times that production has overtly intervened is in Morocco in season three when Damon and Andre were asked to surrender their passports to some a random local official in the middle of nowhere and the security team intervened. I don't think it was shown (haven't rewatched that season in forever) but it was talked about freely after they were eliminated. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I don't necessarily think Tyler was trying to get production to help him find his bag or to let him know what happened to it or that penalties were applicable if a racer took it.  It's also entirely possible that someone non-race related who happened to be in the building (like the janitor) could have stolen it.  I do think he was just freaking out and accusing everyone around him of stealing it.

If the bag was at his feet when it was just him and Blair left, and then the bag was gone by the time Korey finished and just after Scott and Blair left, wouldn't it be highly likely that Blair or Scott took it?  Whether on purpose or accidental?

I agree that the non-participating partner should be the one to watch the bags, and the fact that someone took off with his means he wasn't very diligent about it.  I know that one of the rules of the race is that you can't handle someone else's bag, but accidents happen, and better to be safe than sorry.

The picking up WHERE'S-MY-BAG Tyler's backpack is what really cost them.  They would have had a several minute lead if that were not the case.  What would have happened had Scott not returned it?  Would he have been assessed a penalty?  I seem to remember in past races that you are not allowed to move another racers possessions.  But what if you do it accidentally?  In regards to the backpack, where did Tyler think it went?  He thought that one of the Georgians with cameramen in the room picked up a gigantic backpack and walked off with it because they want his smelly clothes?  Talk about overreaction.  

Can't stand Tyler.  I was yelling at Scott to ditch the bag in the gutter or take it with him and return it to Tyler at the mat.   Once again, doing the decent thing comes back to bite someone in the ass.   Tyler made such a scene about his bag being gone, like righteous petulance and shouting for the camera would make it reappear (and was it just me, or was he implying that one of the locals must have taken it?).   We've seen better racers lose a bag in the past and not create even half the fuss Tyler did.  They just took the hit and kept racing. 

I also can't stand Tyler but I have no problem with his reaction to his bag being missing (although he should have been keeping track of it).  I'd freak out as well, especially since he was in last place at the time.

And, as others have pointed out if Scott had held on to the bag or not returned it he would have been assessed a penalty.

I'm perfectly willing to accept Blair's explanation that she had hurt her knee and couldn't dance.

Overall, a pretty good leg.  Good tasks (the dancing task was genuinely hard), some detour switching, the order got shaken up and one of the more annoying contestants was eliminated.

• Love 3

If the crew saw someone stealing a backpack, I'm not entirely sure they would move to prevent it.  The loss of a backpack is simply a race event that the racers would be expected to overcome -- or fall by the wayside -- without any interference from production.  We've had a racer drop a passport in a gas station, and no effort was made by the crew to secure / return it.

We probably see less than 1% of the actual events on the race, and almost nothing related to acts by production personnel.  

I vaguely remember the passport being dropped at the gas station.  I think it was a female team.  All I remember is the shot of the taxi pulling away and zooming in on the passport on the ground.  There was some discussion at the time about whether or not that shot was staged after the fact, or whether there truly was a cameraman being left behind for driving away shots.  What was the consensus at the time?  If the latter, then yes, production can't intervene - I think we all understand that - but couldn't production just make sure that it stays there and nobody comes and steals it?  Here you are in a foreign country, and a fellow American drops his/her passport, yet you're going to just let some foreigner take it because it's not in the race rules to intervene?  Production could just keep the passport and then when the team goes back and retraces it steps they could be there waiting for them.  Similarly with the passport in the taxi, I don't really recall what happened there but I do remember that the taxi drove off, so they obviously did nothing to prevent a travel disaster there.

I suppose at some point, race or no race, in the end, you are an American in a foreign country and it is up to you to protect and know where your belongings are at all times.  Even if you are surrounded by other teams and tons of cameras.  If there is even the slight possibility that a local (or another racer) may snag your possessions, then it's your responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen.  I know if mrs. greyhorse and I were on this race, one of us would always be wearing the fanny pack and it would contain our passport and money.  That stuff should never go in your backpack but should always be on your person.  That's one of the basic common sense rules when traveling abroad.

• Love 1

The lost passport at the gas station was live tweeted, I can't imagine production going to such lengths.

it was Peach who arranged to get it back to the racers.  Production had nothing to do with it.

(And I haven't seen you for ages, Peach!  Here's hopeing all is well with you.)

Wasn't there a team recently whose taxi driver took off with their packs?  Production didn't intervene then, did they?  They survived the leg, though, I'm thinking?  

James and Abba AKA Long Hair Don't Care, and no, they didn't:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-james-abba-elimination-392013

(Abba was also running on two fractured tibias, and thus James had to do a Russian Dancing roadblock.  What a wimp that Abba was!  He should have powered through dancing on hurt legs just to show that wussy little Blair) http://www.thedeadbolt.com/2012/11/19/the-amazing-race-james-and-abba-i-ran-the-race-with-two-broken-legs/

(Tongue decidedly in cheek--I believe Blair about her knee for the reasons mentioned above--twisting not same as running).

I have a greeter question. The lady standing next to Phil had a bandoleer type strap that crossed her left shoulder and looked like it was holding 4 or 5 cigars. What was in the little pockets on the dress?

You can see them better in the CBS video online where Phil interviews the greeter, who he calls Tiko, and she is apparently Tiko AKA Tinatin Babluani and is Miss Planet 2015; image searches show there is another set of these...tubes...on the other side of her dress (under the sash when she's on the mat), but I have not yet been able to find anything that explains the dress, though I'm guessing it's some homage to a Georgian national costume.  Had not heard of Miss Planet till now.  She's 18 and a volleyball player too, apparently.

Edited to add (look what you are doing to me!  I need to be cleaning the house!)  Search for Georgian National Costume shows images of male and female costumes for sale, etc., with one dress very like hers, which led me to learn that the dress is called a chokha, which led me to Wikipedia and the knowledge that is is the traditionally male dress in several variations, and those things are masreti, "bullet-like decorations."  Bang!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 6

If it is the leg I am thinking of, with the team whose taxi driver rode off with their stuff in Russia, they weren't eliminated that leg. The next leg was still in Russia, but the team didn't have their passports by the time the race was leaving Russia, so they couldn't continue. Or something similar to that.

• Love 2

Yes, that's the one I refer to above with a link, and yes, they could have continued if they had their passport, as it was a non-elimination leg, but I figured it was splitting (long) hairs to say they were not Eliminated but were not allowed to race either.

Just watched now and the ending was just sickening. I was so happy earlier in the episode when the banner TYLER & KOREY CURRENTLY IN LAST PLACE and then it looked like we were finally going to be free of the mugging Tyler who was absolutly vile with his jokes about nuts at the task. Now we are stuck with him for who knows how much longer.

Life really does come down to smallest decisions. If Blair hadn't put the bags on her back then the snafu wouldn't have happened and they would still be in the race. Sorry to see them go but Blair's decision to make Scott do the task was questionable. I still don't understand it. Scott loses points for offering his medical diagnosis about the cabbie within earshot. That was kind of bizarre...but he does get points for keeping a poker face when Blair was talking about possibly continuing a relationship with frisbee guy when you know what he was probably thinking...."My daughter's not dating no Wookiee"

Among AMAZING RACE cab drivers...the one that made the team get out and walk...is right up there in the pantheon of classic cabbie's...just a great...great bit player, Loved him...he was a great "character".

Lastly I know people want to hate on Dana but as a little kid I had the biggest crush on Veruca Salt in her red dress...so in a quirk I can't explain I find spoiled types like Dana strangely endearing. She was on full blast in the cab towards that cabbie but I couldn't help but be amused by ner.

You can see them better in the CBS video online where Phil interviews the greeter, who he calls Tiko, and she is apparently Tiko AKA Tinatin Babluani and is Miss Planet 2015; image searches show there is another set of these...tubes...on the other side of her dress (under the sash when she's on the mat), but I have not yet been able to find anything that explains the dress, though I'm guessing it's some homage to a Georgian national costume.  Had not heard of Miss Planet till now.  She's 18 and a volleyball player too, apparently.

It would be hilariously cool if she got in touch with fellow pageant queen greeter Madeleine Lopez Camelo a.k.a. Miss Cartagena at the end of Leg 3:

But if it was a production error, I think their contracts would preclude them from blogging about it.  Plus it wouldn't matter so why bother blogging about it.  "A dancer on break accidentally took my backpack into the dressing room and it took us 5 minutes to find it, which they credited to me after they investigated and found out what happened, and it was all edited out since it didn't affect anything."  I can see them mentioning it in a blog if viewers wondered how they lost a bunch of time but if it didn't change anything that was shown, why bother. 

But this wasn't a production error.  This was one racer accidentally picking up someone else's backpack.  We've never seen camera/sound crew or production crew intervene when someone has lost/misplaced their belongings before so realistically, there's no reason to think that they should have for Tyler.

I don't think they should have intervened for Tyler.  My point is just that at the time, Tyler didn't know what happened and if there was reason to make sure production knew.  The production error situation was just an example a situation of when production would intervene, because everyone keeps saying they never intervene.  They do.  

We have never seen them intervene when a racer has lost/misplaced their belongings.  The only times in which we've had any hint of intervention was once when a team was nearly abducted/arrested and once when there was a problem with a judge not crediting a team with a correct answer in a challenge (something involving identifying piano scores in Vienna? I think it was).  I imagine they'd also intervene if safety was in any way compromised.  None of those examples apply in any way to Tyler's situation, where camera/sound personnel could clearly see that his bag was taken by another racer, so there was absolutely no reason for anyone to review footage at the time or intervene in any way other than applying a time penalty to Scott and Blair had they not returned the bag before hitting the mat.  A comparable situation was when one of the Globetrotters accidentally took Christina's fanny pack from the changing room after finishing a Detour task - again, production personnel on the scene knew who had the fanny pack and did not intervene.

This is getting a bit repetitive, so that's my last word on the subject.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 4

"Korey is quite possibly the least coordinated human being ever."

Damn! I'll say. It was like one side of his body had absolutely nothing to do with the other. Oh, the humanity! They let him through out of sheer pity.

Did you miss Dan and Andrew from a few seasons back?  They made Korey look like a gymnast!  They couldn't walk.

• Love 1