Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, riley702 said:

So, did she fall asleep on the plane and quit breathing, or did years of apnea damage her heart? Or both?

I was confused by it all too.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, riley702 said:

So, did she fall asleep on the plane and quit breathing, or did years of apnea damage her heart? Or both?

Probably both, since it's a chicken/egg thing.  This site had a surprisingly good explanation.  

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, bmasters9 said:

Stephen Furst, who was Dr. Elliot Axelrod on the NBC medical series St. Elsewhere from 1983-88, has passed on @ 63 from complications of diabetes.

His obituary from TMZ:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/

And to remember, his title credit from the top of St. Elsewhere:

stephenfurststelsewhere.jpg

I didn't get to see St. Elsewhere in it's entirety until later on in syndication. The way his character was treated, his character's death and the aftermath always made me so sad. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

RIP, Mr. Furst. Such a funny performance in Animal House. "Hello!"

Any St. Elsewhere fans out there remember how Axelrod died?

As best I can recall, Axelrod had a heart attack between his excess weight and stressing out over what his medical specialty was supposed to be once he'd completed his internship. Anyway, I recall him recovering from surgery after the first one when he had a second one while he had a 'revelation' that his major was supposed to be LIFE and, at that  moment, he died.  BTW, his surviving father was played by  comedian Louie Nye who would live to 2005 before his death at 92.   Anyway, RIP, Mr. Furst.

• Love 1

Carrie Fisher's autopsy reveals cocktail of drugs, including cocaine, opiates and ecstasy

Fisher’s toxicology review found evidence of cocaine, methadone, MDMA (better known as ecstasy), alcohol and opiates when she was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Hospital on Dec. 23, a toxicology report showed.

The test results “suggests there was an exposure to heroin, but that the dose and time of exposure cannot be pinpointed.” Therefore we cannot establish the significance of heroin regarding the cause of death in this case.”

The tests revealed that the cocaine would have been consumed within the previous 72 hours, according to the autopsy.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

That poor kid and family! What a tragedy! I hope they can take comfort in the fact that he was able to spend his last days with his loved ones instead of surrounded by hostile strangers- and I pray on some level he DID know he was home even if he wasn't able to respond. Please RIP Mr. Warmbier,

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Ohwell said:

RIP Jose Jimenez.

Ok, I'd never heard of Bill Dana or the Jose Jimenez character, so I tried to google to see what happened to the former Rockies closer. Turns out he's fine! RIP Bill Dana though. 

• Love 1

Tony DiCicco, former United States Women's National (Soccer) Team head coach and television commentator, passed away last night.  He was 68.

This is from his son's Twitter account:

Under DiCicco, the USWNT won the first Olympic Gold Medal in Women's Soccer/Football (Atlanta 1996) as well as a second Women's World Cup in 1999 (which was hosted by USA).

3 hours ago, Inquisitionist said:

Rapper Prodigy of Mobb Deep has passed away at age 42.  No cause of death, but reports have noted that he was hospitalized recently due to complications from sickle cell anemia.  Lin-Manuel Miranda thanked him for this line used in Hamilton: "Only 19 but my mind is older."

This one hurt a little. I grew up with Mobb Deep. It always shocked my  male friends hearing my cute innocent face recite rhymes.

42 is far too young.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ghostbusters II actor Henry ("Hank") Deutschendorf commits suicide at age 28.

He & his twin William played Oscar, the infant son of Sigourney Weaver's character, & the target of all the supernatural happenings, in the movie. I remember reading at the time the movie came out that he (& his twin, of course) was supposedly related to singer John Denver (real name Henry John Deutschendorf), they were supposedly either his nephews or cousins, but I don't remember if that was ever found to be the truth or not. He had been battling a schizophrenia-related mental illness for a number of years, according to his linked obituary.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add info.
  • Love 4

Paddington Bear will live on.   As long as someone remembers your name, you are never truly gone.

Obligatory FUCK CANCER comment re Dave Rosser.   Seriously folks, we gotta do something.   

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Paddington Bear will live on.   As long as someone remembers your name, you are never truly gone.

Obligatory FUCK CANCER comment re Dave Rosser.   Seriously folks, we gotta do something.

Uh-huh. I really didn't want to get this personal, nor am I looking for sympathy, but it got my Dad too, Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. The upside is he lived, I think, at least 5-6 years after diagnosis.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Uh-huh. I really didn't want to get this personal, nor am I looking for sympathy, but it got my Dad too, Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. The upside is he lived, I think, at least 5-6 years after diagnosis.

I'm so sorry to hear that.  Condolences to you and your family.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

You may not be looking for sympathy, but you still have mine. Virtual hugs to you and your family.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

So sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my mother almost six months ago, so I understand exactly what you must be going through right now.

• Love 4