Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Supermodel Snatch Game

• Start Topic

Looks like logo will be doing a marathon of all the snatch game episodes starting Monday afternoon!

I've got my DVR set to record!

So the T on who's doing what is:

B.O.B. - Whoopi Goldberg

Acid Betty - Nancy Grace

Chi Chi - Rihanna

Derrick - Shocantelle Brown

Kim - Pearl

Naomi - Tiffany "New York" Pollard

Robbie - Diana Vreeland

Thorgy - Michael Jackson

I'm not 100% sure on these, the source isn't that reliable but that's what I've heard soooo....*shrug* I'm scared for a few of these queens.

I've got my DVR set to record!

So the T on who's doing what is:

B.O.B. - Whoopi Goldberg

Acid Betty - Nancy Grace

Chi Chi - Rihanna

Derrick - Shocantelle Brown

Kim - Pearl

Naomi - Tiffany "New York" Pollard

Robbie - Diana Vreeland

Thorgy - Michael Jackson

I'm not 100% sure on these, the source isn't that reliable but that's what I've heard soooo....*shrug* I'm scared for a few of these queens.

Thorgy and Bob are definitely correct.  

Bob looked like he was doing Sister Act Whoopi

• Love 1

So looking at those.. 

i'm just going to guess bottom is some combination of Kim, Chi Chi and Naomi with either Chi Chi or Naomi going home. Which I would hate hate since I love Chi Chi and Naomi. But ooh, Chi Chi should know not to pick Rihanna, pop stars without significant hooks just don't go over well in Snatch Game.

• Love 1

I'm gonna agree with that and add that 

Kim should know better than to try to do a former contestant after how that went last season. Agree that those 3 are likely in trouble and I'm not happy about it. Although except for Derrick, I don't really want to see any of these bitches leave.

• Love 1

Don't kill the messenger on this but...

I heard, HEARD, that it will be Acid Betty & Naomi in the bottom 2 with Acid going home.  I will be hella pissed if this is case but that's the T being served at the spoiler table.  Something big, big is suppose to go down during tonight's episode.

• Love 2

Don't kill the messenger on this but...

I heard, HEARD, that it will be Acid Betty & Naomi in the bottom 2 with Acid going home.  I will be hella pissed if this is case but that's the T being served at the spoiler table.  Something big, big is suppose to go down during tonight's episode.

GIRL. GIRL.

I kind of want it to be true, just for the unlikelyhood of it all.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can totally see it to be honest. 

Acid Betty hasn't shown a flair for wit or an ability to read a room. I can totally see her doing an abrasive, rude Nancy Grace and failing to make her funny. I'm a little surprised Chi Chi doesn't sink with Rihanna, but sometimes we get surprised. Kim Chi and Pearl are both part of the Chicago scene, so I can see Kim Chi nailing Pearl's affectations. Max sank with Sharon Needles, but Ru basically told Violet to do Alyssa Edwards so former contestants aren't a problem in and of themselves. Naomi failing at New York does surprise me a little because New York seems so easy, but again, Naomi hasn't shown a flair for improvisational humor. Maybe she just gets in her own head. I'm glad for Derrick if true. I'm developing a soft spot for her, and I'd like to see her take a risk and have it pay off.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, there was a rumor on Reddit a while ago that ChiChi and Naomi were in the bottom two, but Acid got disqualified for assaulting one of the other queens. Take it for the mileage that Reddit rumors offer. One of Acid Betty's ex-boyfriend's leaked that he refused to watch the show until after episode five, when Betty was DQed.

http://imgur.com/UtUAP3B and https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/49u0kn/nsfw_spoiler_acid_bettys_alleged_exboyfriend/

Edited by AntManBee
  • Love 2

actually I've heard all the spoilers posted above so I really have no idea what's gonna go down. Everything from acid gets dq for fighting with a judge, fighting with Derrick, eliminating herself on her own, to murder.

• Love 2

I was actually shocked that Derrick was able to make his version of Britney somewhat funny.

Bob was hilarious as Uzo and Carol Channing.

Shocked about AB, but I think that she was just done with the competition. She wanted her name and face out there. Hopefully, she'll get more gigs, but I really didn't find her interesting or appealing.

• Love 2

Awww, I’m gonna miss Betty.

Yasssss for Purse making her weekly appearance. I love that Naomi got to bring her in this week. It would be fun if a different queen got to do it each week.

If I were Uzo Aduba, I would watch my back. One tumble down the wrong set of stairs and I’m pretty sure they’d ask Bob to fill in for her. That said, Bob’s Carol Channing made me laugh even more than Crazy Eyes. That kid’s got talent! His runway look was everything too.

And speaking of watching one’s back, I hope Purse watches her back now that Bob won all those new bags.

I loved Chi Chi’s Eartha Kitt too. I love how Chi Chi defies and exceeds my expectations more and more with each passing week.

Four kimono Madonnas? JFC. The queens obviously had no way of knowing ahead of time, but it blows my mind that of all the iconic Madonna looks, 4 out of 8 drag queens picked that one.

Finally, I realized tonight that the only queen I want to go home anymore is Derrick. He has no sense of humor and seems so thinned-skinned for a drag queen. There’s nothing fun or interesting about him and I’m over it, especially in comparison to how funny, creative, and talented the rest of the queens are. It makes Derrick stand out like a sore thumb.

• Love 12

Girl. They might as well give the prize to Bob.  He was the funniest at Snatch Game and did an awesome Madonna runway that wasn't a kimono!  (Seriously. All the ways Madonna transformed her looks in her career and 4 queens did the same one? No Material Girl? No VMA Wedding Dress? No Desperately Seeking Susan? Gah.)

RuPaul is the Kang of Shade.  After taking Derrick's other character in, he was like "Bitch, just do Britney."  I hollered.

• Love 10

Being an attorney and a liberal, I of course have a serious hate-on for Nancy Grace (and the fact that my mom is a Southerner of Nancy's age makes her cornpone affectations even worse). She's so easy to imitate that I have to believe Betty basically self-sabotaged, because otherwise she seemed totally set up for success. Bitchy personality to bitchy personality, and even the sharpness of both their faces would have made the Nancy-sucks-a-lemon sneer totally doable.

• Love 3

Well that was sort of underwhelming.  Bob and Thorgy were the standouts.  Some were surprising, like Chi Chi.  She did have Eartha's voice down pat.  Even Kim Chi seemed to make the most of a limited character.  Nancy Grace would be easy to do.  The southern voice, even without that, be condescending, yelling, plus the catchphrases - BOMBSHELL TONIGHT, BREAKING NEWS, then the soft voice as she talks about her twins.  Obviously AB never watched the show or studied for it.  Then saying oh Snatch Game is stupid.  It's part of the show, if you're going to be on there, then prepare.  The NY character I think was just a poor choice; she should've stuck to the Color Purple character, but honestly, not sure how she'd make that funny.  Naomi doesn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.  She likes to model.

Very underwhelmed by the Brittany.  Whomever did it a few seasons back, KILLED it.  This was ok.

Four freaking kimonos?  No Like a Virgin, even use something from Evita, what about all of the ripped up sweatshirt looks with tons of beads, with a skirt and the capris, etc, etc.  

• Love 4

So....that was a really unimpressive Snatch Game. I know everybody lives for it, but you need some real comedy queens who are good actors/mimics there in order for it to work, and this year's just kind of fizzled. Bob had the one impression and then totally changed clothes and came on as a different character? So that's allowed? Why is not every contestant just trying different characters until they land, if that's the case? I love Bob to bits, but it's really getting to Bianca-level of "let's hand her the crown" at this point.

Derrick's Britney was certainly held up with a lot of forced laughing and cutaways. We get it, the story is that he's more than just an impersonator, but.....I don't see any evidence of this at all. He's like vanilla tapioca.

Acid really shouldn't have gone home. What does Naomi offer other than body? I mean...she doesn't give it in challenges, that lip sync was merely okay, and her talking heads are as dull as dishwater.

• Love 4

So...they kept Derrick around to do Britney for Snatch Game and this is what she gives us? She wasn't funny or quick or punny. She was just giving face. That is it. So very underwhelmed. At least we got saved from that horrible "white girl who thinks acting out black stereotypes is funny" character. ChiChi's side eye was great.

I also can shenanigans that she placed higher than ChiChi. ChiChi's Eartha Kitt was so much wittier and her runway was better. Ugh. Now that she's actually done Britney maybe they'll start judging her and stop coddlingher.

Bob was Hilarious! Her Uzo and her Carol Channing were great.

My god, what the heck Acid Betty? Did she throw it? You can't tell me she couldn't do better than that. She could have done better make-up than that.

Poor Naomi. I like how she just straight up said she was embarrassed.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wish Naomi hadn't let Bob psych her out of doing Whoopi Goldberg.  She might have been funny.  Not Bob level funny, but nonetheless.

I call BS on Michelle telling Bob not to showboat.  What is Snatch Game for, if not to showboat?  I thought that was the point!

Thorgy might as well resign herself to being the bridesmaid to Bob's Bride.  Stop being mad, girl. 

I really want to read the angry mail resulting from Kim Chi's shenanigans. I bet they are lit!

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 5

All you really need to know about New York - especially in light of the random Iman reference - is that it was her who thought Angie Bowie telling her "David's dead" while they were on Celebrity Big Brother together a few months back was a reference to fellow contestant David Gest.

• Love 4
(edited)

I call BS on Michelle telling Bob not to showboat. What is Snatch Game for, if not to showboat? I thought that was the point!

Thorgy might as well resign herself to being the bridesmaid to Bob's Bride. Stop being mad, girl.

I really want to read the angry mail resulting from Kim Chi's shenanigans. I bet they are lit!

It's complete BS from Visage on telling Bob to not showboat. Each queen is tasked to show their:

Charisma

Uniqueness

Nerve

Talent

Why would a judge advise a contestant to not bring their "A" game for each task?!

Thorgy is going to lose it in regards to Bob getting the wins.

As for Kim Chi shenanigans, she was totally channeling Margaret Cho. Which is never a bad thing.

Edited by vixenbynight
  • Love 4

Tatianna from S2 (which also had Pandora doing Carol Channing, weirdly enough) won as Britney. She played her as REALLY dumb in a way that was hilarious and endearing. This was also new-mom-married-to-Federline Britney.

It is so interesting to me when people think S6 was so obviously a Bianca win from the start. I loved Bianca, but even she admitted that she thought Adore would win the whole time. We also had Courtney and Dela, and it never got closer than when Bianca surprisingly biffed the talk show challenge. Thorgy has got to find something she can really step up in order to surpass Bob.

• Love 3

They're really hammering us over the head with this Bob vs. Thorgy narrative, and I refuse to get sucked in. I love them both.

Acid Betty's elimination was pretty anti-climatic after all the rumors swirling around. But I'm glad. She may be a total bitch IRL, but she came across...for the most part...as an okay person on the show. Lots of eye-rolling and shade, sure, but that's okay. I didn't find her as hateful as Phi Phi O'Hara or even Darienne Lake, in all honesty...and her runways were always so amazing! I'm actually going to miss her.

Derrick is gorgeous as Britney. But he brings absolutely nothing else to the table, as far as I can see. If he goes next week, it'll be fine.

Bob kind of screwed Naomi over by mentioning Whoopi and then not doing it. I know he's not responsible for Naomi's decision to abandon Whoopi, but I would have loved to see Miss Celie "You sho' is ugly!" done by the beautiful Naomi. I think she could have made it funny...she's actually delivered on almost every challenge up until this one.

I'm kind of bored by Kim Chi at this point, although that WAS an amazing kimono.

• Love 4
(edited)

Does anyone else think that the only reason they put "Untucked" on Tuesdays is so that RuPaul can say "See you... next Tuesday!" at the end, and then giggle?

Because I think that.

Unrelated: I picked up some more "Face Off Reveal Stage" music about 2 minutes in tonight.

Edited by Nerdlove
  • Love 3

Alright, Bob! "Walk into the room purse first," indeed! He was just getting warmed up when Ru called time on the Snatch Game. It was like watching a great audition tape---he just had so many options & so much material to pull from.

Poor Thorgy! Lost to Bob *again!* Ugh!

Acid Betty's costume was poorly planned. He should have *known* he was going to LFYL & made some adjustments. I teared up when he spoke about feeling like an outsider in the Drag community. It seemed to be more personal than just a reaction to his style of drag.

Naomi Smalls fell back on pretty during the LFYL. She was serving body-ody-ody & I loved every minute of it. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a fishy Queen.

For me this episode chugged along as it's alright until Bob Tore the house down with 45 seconds of elderly Carol Channing absurdity punctuated by CORN! And for me the irony of an African-American drag queen barely bothering to disguise his southern African-American vocal cadences while impersonating a celeb who largely denied her African-American ancestry until her dotage just added an unexpected layer to the performance (which I'm sure sailed over the heads of the teen-aged Netherlanders, Filipinos and Brazilians that seemingly dominate the RPDR Reddit) .

• Love 5

I understood what Michelle meant with her comment about showboating. Bob is obviously great, but the scenery chewing can be a bit much.

It's pretty strange to feel that way about a drag queen, being as they're not exactly known for sharing the spotlight. But Bob's shtick can be overbearing (just as Bob herself can be overbearing). I wouldn't say it's a real issue yet, but it could see it becoming one.

• Love 3
(edited)

I just think it's interesting how Bob gets clocked for being overbearing more than say, Betty did. Or anyone else, really. Bob is funny and seems to only come for people if it's warranted. Bob's confessionals don't seem to get overly bitchy, like, more than would be normal for this show and this competition. (I'm looking at you, Darienne Lake, as I think about people who seem nice to everyone and then throw mega shade in the confessionals.) Yes, Bob brought it to the competition tonight. Aaaaand? She made everyone else look kind of bad. Well.... compared to her, they were. So, Bob is just fucking great. Why ya'll gagging? She brings it every episode!!

Also, think about the editing here. If we saw a lot of Bob, it's not necessarily because she talked more than anyone else or "hogged the spotlight" or whatever. It might just be that her jokes actually *landed* and she made good TV, so the editors made a lot of use out of her. I can't blame them. I'll take Bob chewing the scenery down over yawn-snooze-boring-basically-the-rest-of-the-panel-tonight.

Edited by Nerdlove
  • Love 11

But Bob's shtick can be overbearing (just as Bob herself can be overbearing).

Although it's far more overbearing in the workroom than on stage. On the other hand, I'm not really convinced it's not strategy. Like Bianca, I think Bob has a plan. Bianca's was to be the unexpected nurturer. Bob's is to be the genial blowhard who never the less manages to keep the right people off of their game in any given episode. Sometimes fairly aggressively (as with Derrick) and sometime more subtly (as with his pal Thorgy). And sometimes it's someone like Naomi, who is less of an overall threat, but could be dangerous on a particular challenge. Like tonight - I don't think Bob had even a remote intention to do Whoopi, but he saw Naomi just might be able to pull it off and went into action (as well as coming prepared to do so).

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh sure, check Bob for being excellent so Thorgy can win one. Girl, bye! That is literally the most ridiculous comment I've heard from Michelle in all the seasons I've watched her. "Please stop killing it so hard, and stop knowing you're killing it, it can get obnoxious." 

Chi Chi as Eartha Kitt was such a pleasant surprise! The voice was so good, and her little Catwoman puns were awesome. And she had some self-awareness about her shortcomings and was honest about it. That girl will go far, for sure.

The problem with Britney is that she doesn't have any iconic quirks that aren't outright insulting. Though there were those hilarious series of Britney gifs where she made all these extraordinarily pained expressions when critiquing singers on some reality show. Maybe Derrick could have done something like that. She was competent and engaged, I wasn't mad at it. 

Kim Chi figuring how to turn that lumbering walk in her favor, yay! I'm a little surprised she didn't pivot when she saw two other queens doing that look, she surely has the repertoire to pull of something else if she wanted to. They showed Kimmy Jong Un like...twice, so I couldn't really get any sense of her character. Her answers were funny in those two, at least.

If anything deserved a double elimination, it was those lackluster New York and Nancy Grace impressions. You don't even have to try to make those two funny, you can just literally repeat what they've said in real life and it's funny!  Naomi should not have backed off Whoopi. Even if it were  a Whoopi showdown, Ru would probably respect Naomi for being willing to go head to head against Bob. And that "I shole is ugly" was funnier than anything Naomi said as New York.

Robby is too in her own head. Maybe they're setting her up for a redemption arc, otherwise I anticipate she's getting cut next episode or two.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 8
(edited)

Naomi, you really shouldn't have let Bob psyche you out like that.  If you were practicing that hard, you should've stuck with it.  Then again, practice doesn't make perfect, does it, ROBBIE?

God, how do you not make Diana Vreeland funny?  I was hoping it was going to be hysterical.  Here's one for free, Robbie:  "What's in this season, Diana?"  "Tapeworms."  COME ON.

That said, I don't know how many times unfunny girls have hidden behind that whole "That's not the way she acts" excuse, failing to get that the point is ACTUALLY to be funny.  Season 3 -- Alexis Mateo turned her Alicia Keys into some hardcore lesbian act, and it was hilarious and had nothing to do with Alicia Keys (as far as I know).  So, Acid Betty being all down on Chi Chi's Eartha Kitt?  Totally proving her bombing on Snatch Game was meant to be.  I wonder if Robbie and Betty had switched, if that might have worked better, to be honest.

I liked Derrick's Britney!  Tatiana's was funnier, but Derrick had more spontaneous wit than I imagined possible, and at least her kimono wasn't red (for filth).  But I would've put Chi Chi or even Kim Chi -- one of the Chi girls -- ahead of BritBarry.  Better looks or at least more original ones on the runway, and Eartha Kitt as a kitty was terrific.  Batting that ball around?  Hilar.

Bob and Thorgy would've been well-deserved wins, either one.  However, as funny as Bob is, my heart still belongs to Pandora's Carol Channing.  Great interaction with the other queens though.  Highlight of the game was Charo as the winner.  Best thing ever!

...Until Carson's Nancy Grace impersonation.  Look, I'm not a big fan of his, but damn.  Nailed it.  BETTY.  I will miss her fabulous looks and her will she/won't she be a total bitch this episode anti-hero persona.  If she ever shows up for Thorgy's Thorchestra?  I am HERE for that!

Edited by Rai
  • Love 6
(edited)

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more mad I get about flubbing Diana Vreeland so hard.  I mean, look at this list of alleged Vreeland quotes.  You couldn't do something funny with that?  You couldn't even have been bothered to watch To Wong Foo?  COME ON.

I hope Jinkx and Dela give her shit about it until the end of time -- if even they still remember her.  That's all.

Edited by Rai
  • Love 5

For me this episode chugged along as it's alright until Bob Tore the house down with 45 seconds of elderly Carol Channing absurdity punctuated by CORN! And for me the irony of an African-American drag queen barely bothering to disguise his southern African-American vocal cadences while impersonating a celeb who largely denied her African-American ancestry until her dotage just added an unexpected layer to the performance (which I'm sure sailed over the heads of the teen-aged Netherlanders, Filipinos and Brazilians that seemingly dominate the RPDR Reddit) .

*Raising my hand* I knew about CC's Black ancestry revelation & I'm >>here<< with you. I thought it was powerful because it was so subtle. Not a word I'd immediately associate with Bob, but he's so smart, I want to believe he got it.

• Love 12

*Raising my hand* I knew about CC's Black ancestry revelation & I'm >>here<< with you. I thought it was powerful because it was so subtle. Not a word I'd immediately associate with Bob, but he's so smart, I want to believe he got it.

I was in attendance for this was well. In fact, I thought Robbie mentioning Carol Channing wasn't Black was a sort of subtle hint about it.

I hate to step in the Reddit rabbit hole on this forum (I like Reddit, but this isn't Reddit), but several redditors were in attendance at Thorgy's viewing party, and I thought it revealed quite a bit about why the Snatch Game and the runway were so... flat. I won't get too far into it, but it explained-- for me-- Derrick's Top 3 appearance. I hate to say editing, but I will. Editing. We didn't really see the breadth of what went down. This should be one of the episodes they Ru-persize.

Anyhow, I came into this season thinking the Sedaris siblings would be the Snatch Game competitors and am now especially disappointed that the weren't. Gigi and Chanel didn't really have any wit. They had producer fed lines. The judges being game and humorous is just as important as the queens to me for this challenge. The lights were on, but no one was home.

I'm sad to see Betty go, I was really enjoying her. I especially hate that we'll miss her in the makeover and ball challenges. She had some of the better costuming skills as was evident in her "Bedtime Story" getup, her Neon couture hair, her money ball asymmetrical shoulder/collar, etc. 

• Love 3

What a let down from Robbie.  What the hell was he thinking!  It was mentioned in the reddit link above that Robbie was going to do Liza but decided to do diana vreeland instead.  Shoulda done Liza, it couldn't have been any worse and at least most people would recognize the character.  I bet he decided to go obscure because Jinkx did Little Edie, not exactly a household name and DeLa did Dame Maggie Smith also kind of niche.  Robbie was extremely lucky he didn't have to lip synch.

Kim Chi is turning out to be a stealth bitch.  Her "Kimmy" was original, a little daring and hilarious.  Also love boy Kim Chi's TH's.  Very funny.

I hope the show can find something that Bob's not good at so we can see him lsfyl.  I'd hate to get through the whole season and not get to see a Bob lip synch.

• Love 2

I was so excited for Snatch Game but Bob and Chi Chi were the only ones who made any sort of impression on me to the point where once they switched to this week's runway, I couldn't remember who most of them had portrayed for Snatch Game. Naomi's New York was so boring, as were Acid Betty's Nancy Grace and Robbie's Diana Vreeland. Derrick's Britney only said one funny thing and Thorgy's Michael Jackson was more of a combination of old Michael Jackson punchlines. I'm glad the rumors about Kim Chi's choice turned out not to be true. Her Kimmie Jong-Un was mildly funny but wasn't very memorable (mostly because they only showed two of her answers).

I will miss Acid Betty's over the top runway costumes (tonight's was amazing, as per usual) but her performance in Snatch Game was just soooooo bad. There was nothing Nancy Grace about her from her look to her responses.

And count me in as one of the people disappointed that we didn't get David and Amy Sedaris!

• Love 5

I only have myself to blame, but I feel like this season is just starting now. This top 7 was spoiled weeks ago with very slight uncertainty (it was either Acid or Chi Chi, and Acid's elimination was spoiled separately) but from this point on there's pretty much zero knowledge, which is exciting. It could be a double elimination of Bob and Thorgy next week if Ru gets drunk enough.

I don't mind people hogging the spotlight - you do whatever you need to do to win, girl - but I'm surprised Bob feels the need to do it. Bianca was confident enough that she could even help the other girls shine yet outshine them at the same time. Bob's constant camera-hogging, although understandable, comes across as a bit desperate. Like I said, I don't have a problem with it, but it doesn't necessarily impress me, and I understand why he's getting called out. Thorgy has also said during viewing parties that Bob does. not. shut. up which actually endears me a bit towards him but must be hell to be around.

I think it's a bad sign that it's being brought up, though. Bob hasn't had gotten any real story or development typical of a winner. I would even argue that the show might just be portraying him as the loud, confident, showboating obstacle for the overlooked Thorgy. If there's a Thorgy/Bob lip sync with a shocking Bob elimination, I wouldn't be surprised based on his edit. Thorgy is definite top 3 material and likely winner in my eyes.

Quiet week for Kim, who has been doing solid work in challenges that would trip many "look queens" up. I suspect she'll have a late-game resurgence as we get into fashion-heavy challenges like makeovers and the ball, earning her a spot in top 3 with Thorgy and maybe Chi Chi, because Ru loves the driven, crafty queens with troubled pasts.

Derrick is fucked because he's just... not that great. Robbie and Naomi failed Snatch Game, which basically means they can't win. I feel like they're likely going next. Too bad, I like them both.

• Love 2

OK, this was an amazing episode!  A Madonna inspired runway!  Causing a Commotion for the LSFYL song (who doesn't love that song??) BOB doing two characters on snatch game!  Everyone else (pretty much) bringing it.  I was so happy that Derrick decided to do Britney Spears, and I think he did it just perfectly....it wasn't mean spirited, it was funny and cheeky.  They didn't air a ton of footage of Derrick as Britney, and hopefully that was done in order to keep Derrick and the show in Britney's good graces.

It was a little unfortunate and surprising that there were so many kimonos on the runway.  I was certain there would be multiple cone bras, or maybe everyone else figured there would be a lot of cone bras and decided to do the kimono.  Its just too bad because Madonna has had so many interesting, fun and fantastic looks over the years.  Its hard to say you really paid homage to Madonna when the runway is pretty much all kimonos.

But I still adored this episode.  Bringing two well done characters for Snatch Game is the new bar, IMO.

• Love 1

Awww, I’m gonna miss Betty.

Yasssss for Purse making her weekly appearance. I love that Naomi got to bring her in this week. It would be fun if a different queen got to do it each week.

If I were Uzo Aduba, I would watch my back. One tumble down the wrong set of stairs and I’m pretty sure they’d ask Bob to fill in for her. That said, Bob’s Carol Channing made me laugh even more than Crazy Eyes. That kid’s got talent! His runway look was everything too.

And speaking of watching one’s back, I hope Purse watches her back now that Bob won all those new bags.

I loved Chi Chi’s Eartha Kitt too. I love how Chi Chi defies and exceeds my expectations more and more with each passing week.

Four kimono Madonnas? JFC. The queens obviously had no way of knowing ahead of time, but it blows my mind that of all the iconic Madonna looks, 4 out of 8 drag queens picked that one.

Finally, I realized tonight that the only queen I want to go home anymore is Derrick. He has no sense of humor and seems so thinned-skinned for a drag queen. There’s nothing fun or interesting about him and I’m over it, especially in comparison to how funny, creative, and talented the rest of the queens are. It makes Derrick stand out like a sore thumb.

I thought Chi Chi's Eartha Kitt was fantastic.  She had that voice down pat!  I can almost hear it in my head "Marcus....Marcus....I'm not wearing any panties"

I wish Naomi hadn't let Bob psych her out of doing Whoopi Goldberg.  She might have been funny.  Not Bob level funny, but nonetheless.

I call BS on Michelle telling Bob not to showboat.  What is Snatch Game for, if not to showboat?  I thought that was the point!

Thorgy might as well resign herself to being the bridesmaid to Bob's Bride.  Stop being mad, girl. 

This was the dumbest thing I've heard from a judge in a while.  Last week people were saying (paraphrasing) that sometimes if Michelle has nothing to pick on a queen for she will just make something up.  The "critique" of BOB sounded like some of this made up shit.  Because really, how often does Ru ding a queen for fading into the background, this is a competition and these queens are here to compete, so I will applaud a queen for bringing it 100% all the time.  I don't want or need another Pearl situation, give me a queen who is giving it her all....all of the time.  I'm here for that.

I wonder at what point BOB decided to go with Uzo and Carol?  She had the Whoopi outfit and everything so I think she planned to do Whoopi or that was at least in her mind.  It would have been nice if BOB had told Naomi she wasn't going to do Whoopi, if she knew ahead of time that she wasn't going to do it.  Naomi still should have gone with Whoopi, because it couldn't be any worse than New York.

• Love 4
It would have been nice if BOB had told Naomi she wasn't going to do Whoopi, if she knew ahead of time that she wasn't going to do it.  Naomi still should have gone with Whoopi, because it couldn't be any worse than New York.

I'm not going to call this sabotage, but I'm not not going to call it sabotage. Bob has even talked about playing mind games with the competition, and although I don't think he did this intentionally, he probably would have if he thought of it. Which, again, is fine - it's not RuPaul's Best Friend Race - I'm just surprised he does it. This would not surprise me from Derrick, Robbie, or anyone else who is unsure about their place in the competition. Bob says he has no competition. Why mess with the other queens?

Still, it's pure speculation since I don't see him actively messing with people, and I don't want to make it seem like I'm dragging Bob through the mud here. I like him, I just kind of want him to chill just a second. I don't want the competition to just be about who's the loudest. There's something to be said about finesse and subtlety.

• Love 4

I'm not going to call this sabotage, but I'm not not going to call it sabotage. Bob has even talked about playing mind games with the competition, and although I don't think he did this intentionally, he probably would have if he thought of it. Which, again, is fine - it's not RuPaul's Best Friend Race - I'm just surprised he does it. This would not surprise me from Derrick, Robbie, or anyone else who is unsure about their place in the competition. Bob says he has no competition. Why mess with the other queens?

Still, it's pure speculation since I don't see him actively messing with people, and I don't want to make it seem like I'm dragging Bob through the mud here. I like him, I just kind of want him to chill just a second. I don't want the competition to just be about who's the loudest. There's something to be said about finesse and subtlety.

If it was sabotage, it was very well played by BOB, because while it seemed like maybe a mind game of some sort I'm not sure what to think.  In BOB's situation, as you said, he is doing so great, that he could have just scratched the idea of doing Whoopi since he had so many other characters in mind and all of them were fully realized.  I know its not RuPauls Best Friend, but it wasn't going to hurt BOB and it would have helped a fellow queen.  It will be the only slight c**** in BOBs armor so far, only because it just wasn't as gracious as he could have been.  But who knows...maybe BOB was contemplating doing three characters for Snatch Game, so there was still a chance he was going to try to do Whoopi.  It would have been a hoot if they had BOB  as Sister Act Whoopi, meeting with Naomi as Color Purple Whoopi.

After Pearl, I've had a whole new appreciation for a queen that is bringing it all the time.  I think BOB has some good conversations, and I'll be interested to hear what he has to say if he gets to the Ru lunch n' learn (what will it be this year Ru, a tic tac?  a now and later?  not another jelly bean!)

• Love 2

Not feeling this season at all, I usually love snatch game episodes ( although not so much last season) but this was just meh. Maybe because I can't stand Bob at all.