Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Supermodel Snatch Game

• Start Topic

^^ thank you for those clips.  The butlers expression in that first clip always cracks me up!  He is so ready to burst out laughing!  And of course after she does the clapper and Marcus is like "can you get it just a little darker?"  I think Chi Chi really had that voice and the mannerisms down.  And word up to Eartha Kitt for looking amazing in that movie.

• Love 2

More later, but for now I'm just crushed that Betty is gone.  I wanted to see more of her amazing runway looks.  I also don't think she was actually a bitch on the show but that was a role/producer driven/editing thing. I thought it shoul;d have been Robbie Vs Naomi in the lip synch frankly because Betty's runway was the most creative of any.  Dammit.

• Love 1

I know it's unpopular, but I don't really dig that Bob did two different people in Snatch Game. It's almost a cop out, as if she ran out of jokes/references for one impression and jumps ship for another. Drag for the ADHD.

Also a little disappointed that so many went with kimono Madonna looks. Out of Everything Madonna has done? If I was one of those queens, I'd hodgepodge a a quick Ray of Light outfit, done a nude sex book look (maybe only Naomi could get away with that), or pile on accessories and go Lucky Star. It's not that difficult to pull nearly anything together to make a different, yet relavent, Madonna look.

• Love 5

Purse first!

After re-watching some of the past Snatch Games that were part of yesterday's marathon, I must admit I am underwhelmed by so many of this season's queens' choices for Snatch game and how they brought them to life as well as the two "supermodel" judges (they are NOT, Miss Ru, they are NOT). Robbie, Naomi, Betty were just Awful in SG, all three should have had to LSFYL on that alone although I did like Robbie's All the Way Mae runway look. I am sorry to see Betty go but hopefully her career will see an uptick after being on Drag Race, and maybe get some good friends too. Thorgy as Michael Jackson was just weird to me (I had just seen Kennedy as Little Richard again two hours before which may have spoiled me wrt having a queen impersonate a male celebrity) but maybe that's because I so wanted to see Thorgy as Jo Ann Worley. Liberace was just as out there as Little Richard is/has been, after Kennedy's success as Little Richard I've been wondering if we'll one day seen Liberace on SG.

Derrick as Britney I found to be just meh and boring. Zzzzzz. Tatianna's version was way more funnier but I keep hearing/reading that Derrick wants to stay in Britney's good graces so he doesn't want to insult her or something. Uh, ok, I guess. Chi Chi was also just ok, she was better than the other 3 I mentioned just above. Bob as first Uzo and then Carol Channing was amazing and a first on SG, right? I mean we saw Chad changing wigs as Cher but this was the first dual-role. I cracked up when Carol mistook Eartha Kitt as Luther Vandross, hee! I also think Bob subtly got into Naomi's head re: being Whoopi on SG. That's a tad shady, Bob, a tad shady.

My eyes rolled big time when 4 of the queens came out in Geisha Madonna looks on the runway. WTF. Here is a woman with what, 30+ years in the business, someone who has given so many iconic looks and half the queens just happen to choose just the one look?? That just felt so off to me. Causing a Commotion was one of my faves back in the day, so glad to hear it again and especially on this show.

Off to watch Untucked....

• Love 4

I just think it's interesting how Bob gets clocked for being overbearing more than say, Betty did. Or anyone else, really. Bob is funny and seems to only come for people if it's warranted. Bob's confessionals don't seem to get overly bitchy, like, more than would be normal for this show and this competition. (I'm looking at you, Darienne Lake, as I think about people who seem nice to everyone and then throw mega shade in the confessionals.) Yes, Bob brought it to the competition tonight. Aaaaand? She made everyone else look kind of bad. Well.... compared to her, they were. So, Bob is just fucking great. Why ya'll gagging? She brings it every episode!!

Also, think about the editing here. If we saw a lot of Bob, it's not necessarily because she talked more than anyone else or "hogged the spotlight" or whatever. It might just be that her jokes actually *landed* and she made good TV, so the editors made a lot of use out of her. I can't blame them. I'll take Bob chewing the scenery down over yawn-snooze-boring-basically-the-rest-of-the-panel-tonight.

The main reason someone like Betty hasn't been called overbearing is because people have been too busy calling her far, far worse things.

As far as the judging goes, we may not see the entire performances, but I think it's safe to say that no one has ever played two celebrities for Snatch Game before, or given themselves as many extra lines in an acting challenge as Bob did.

And both those performances were awesome! Michelle clearly thought they were awesome, too. We didn't see her disagree with Bob's win. She merely cautioned Bob that it's possible to go too far in that direction - which I think is very accurate.

• Love 1

I think Betty deserved to be bottom two this week, but I was so sure that she would be safe against Naomi that I was washing dishes with my back to the screen while the LSFYL was on. She had the better runway look and is far more versatile as a drag queen than several of the remaining queens. I'm hoping that she gets another shot if they do another all-stars season, just so that we get more of a chance to see what she's capable of.

• Love 1

I know it's unpopular, but I don't really dig that Bob did two different people in Snatch Game. It's almost a cop out, as if she ran out of jokes/references for one impression and jumps ship for another. Drag for the ADHD.

Me too! I think Bob only had a little bit of his first character and had to lean on the other in order to keep up a whole segment's worth of material. If that's allowed, then every other queen should have 3-4 characters ready to go next season.

The thing about showboating that I think Michelle may have been getting at is that it's really obnoxious, as a performer, to have another performer constantly trying to one-up you or shout how much better he is than everybody else. Yes, it's a competition, but one of the most telling things about the competition is how generous these queens can be with one another. Bob seems to want to win more than anything (more than even have fun, and he does love to have fun, it seems),  and the never ending parade of, "Look at me! I can do this and that and the other and I'm better!" gets a little bit tiresome. He shouldn't and can't fade into the background (he's just too good for that) but balancing out the "I must win and I'll do anything it takes to get there" with "Hey, these queens are fun people to work with" would do some good, I think.

• Love 3

ChiChi as Eartha Kitt was the most imaginative and won the Snatch Game. Bob as Uzo was a straight impression, there was no cleverness to it.  His  Carol Channing was more clever but ChiChi won. It a shame that her runways never look super good. Naomi's LFYL was everything.  She should have done Madonnas Sex Book photo, where she is nude on a city street (maybe hailing a cab?)with various blocks covering up her privates.  She could have just taped on the blocks.  Call Carmen Carrera, she'll tell you how to do it.

To me Bob--I don't know, I wish he went for pretty sometime.

• Love 3

Poor Naomi. I like how she just straight up said she was embarrassed.

I bet that's what saved her -- no excuses, not trying to say she did a good job. 

I was going to say something about how those models were too young to be funny/clever, but Chanel Iman is 25. (Gigi is only 20.)

• Love 2

Well thank the gay gods for B.O.B. because if not for him this Snatch Game would have been a snooze fest.  Thorgy's MJ and Ertha Kitt were interesting concepts and not completely bombs but honestly I don't think I laughed once at their "jokes".  With MJ I felt it was stuff I had heard before and ChiChi was just...IDK it was daring and but not really funny =(  So to me the only funny one was Bob so showboat all you want hunney.  He really is as good as he thinks he is--unlike Derrick (grrrr she is getting on my nerves) who is delusional.  Quoting Britney lyrics just seems desperate to me and honestly it's not something Britney Spears herself goes around doing.  Tati's Brit-brit was 100  times better than Derrick :/

• Love 3

Man, I was so very happy someone was going to do New York. And then so very disappointed that she flopped. First, the breastesses needed to be hoiked up to the chin somehow. If you can't afford a breastplate, pad and push up as high as you can. Second, that wig looked far too nice. And third, NY was in your face and over the top at all times - it's like Naomi was playing Payshintz or something. If NY was her backup character, she should have come with a cardboard NY necklace, and put it around a competitor's neck. Given them all nicknames. Asked "do you have love for New York?" after each answer. Called someone a trashbag, say "she nervouses me." There was plenty to work with, and now I hope someone on a future season does her justice.

I would like Thorgy to win, just because I love her and would love to see a win help her realize her Thorgy's Thorchestra dreams. Perhaps it could be a tie for the winner - another Drag Race first! I love Bob too, so I'm very torn. I was impressed with Chi Chi, and horrified that a queen as competent as Acid Betty couldn't do Nancy Grace.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Michelle's show-boating comment was the only criticism she could make with Bob for that episode, and it was a reach, imo.  Really Bob had a great night.  Her runway was excellent.  She embraced the spirit of Snatch Game perfectly by choosing characters that are recognizable, exploiting the one thing they are recognizable for and yanking it up to 100.  I kinda did wince a little when she told that Madonna anecdote because it seemed so try hard.  But it also came off like nervous talking.  So I could see where Michelle  might have wanted her to pull back there.  But she pretty much saved Snatch Game from being an utter bore.  Thorgy & ChiChi were good, but Bob actually made me laugh.

I wish Naomi had stuck with Whoopi.  Even if Bob had settled on Whoopi they weren't actually doing the same Whoopi.  Naomi seemed like she was going to do Whoopi as Celie.  The only issue I might have had with that, was, could you even make Celie funny?  Whereas Bob looked like he was gonna do 'Sister Act' Whoopi.  Case in point, Bob didn't actually do Uzo Aduba, but rather she did Suzanne (Crazy Eyes), a character Uzo herself plays.

I bet Acid Betty could have done a fab Jessica Walter.  All you need is a champagne glass, a great eye-roll and some really snarky zingers.  I still thin AB tanked on purpose.  AB has shown herself to be a shrewd performance artist.  A person as smart as she should not have been capable of being that bad for a caricature like Nancy Grace.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 4

That Madonna runway was so embarrassing it was practically season 7. The four kimono queens are on notice for extremely suspect taste levels.

WORD!  It's friggin Madonna people--she has 100s of looks to choose from--why the fudge did so many people pick that red kimono dress??   And whats worse is when you are getting dressed you would have had to look around the room and seen 3 other queens wearing the same damn thing you are so why not change it??  Why not bring a back up look just in case something like this happened?

I think Michelle's show-boating comment was the only criticism she could make with Bob for that episode, and it was a reach, imo.

That's what I thought as well.  I mean she did sooo friggin good and this Bob vs. Thorgy thing seems so staged to me that maybe she needed to say that to add fuel to the fire.  IDK,  Thorgy did good but and I loves her but so far Bob's wins have been completely justified.

I still thin AB tanked on purpose.  AB has shown herself to be a shrewd performance artist.  A person as smart as she should not have been capable of being that bad for a caricature like Nancy Grace.

Ya think?  IDK, yeah maybe she had enough of this show and had already done what she set out to do but purposely bombing on and iconic episode like Snatch Game just seems to be a mistake to me.  I will miss her though.

• Love 2

Cannot comment on the full episode (fast forwarded to the lip sync) and I just wanna say... I think Betty did a better job?

Like, Naomi just waved her arms around alot (paging Pearl) was as Betty at least had a gag in 'Causing a Commotion' by giving birth at the end of the song. But her lips were mostly on point and she seemed to be feeling the song just as much if not more than Naomi.

Hoping this isn't another season of me constantly disagreeing with the 'winner' of the lip sync.

That 'was as' should have been 'whereas' - apologies for my bad typing.

• Love 1

I wish someone would have done Dick Tracy Madonna. That's my favorite!

I thought Betty won the lip-sync too, and I like Naomi. I think she got the Max Edit. You're a weirdo! Snatch Game should be your thing! I didn't like her TH when she said Snatch Game was stupid. It was like a middle-schooler whining that homework waa stupid. Maybe so, but you still have to *do* it.

New York had a renaissance with Celebrity Big Brother, but I think that aired while this was filming, if not after.

• Love 3

I wish someone would have done Dick Tracy Madonna. That's my favorite!

Oh, that would've been wonderful.  Then again, I have such a weird love for that movie.

Betty on Untucked was very frank about owning her suckage in Snatch Game.  I feel her greatly on the whole "I can't be funny on command thing."  She and Robbie both reminded me of Manilla Luzon in that regard.  Manilla gave some of the best shade and funniest outfits, but her Snatch Game was "enh," and her stand-up comedy was TERRIBLE.  Still, either Betty should've done something horribly dark and twisted like Michael Alig, or she should've gone with more of a haughty character.  More Nancy Reagan than Nancy Grace (too soon?)

I will say though since my circles have been known to cross with Betty's, I really appreciated that a club kid/New York freak like Betty made it on the show, and showed the world what Vivacious and Milk were trying to demonstrate.  Absolutely no one could deny how amazing her painting was, or how polished her looks.  So, good on you, Queen.

• Love 3

That's how I feel. Part of the challenge of Snatch Game is the length of time. Also, I know anything that's not explicitly against the rules is in the rules, but it still seems like breaking them to me.

...done a nude sex book look (maybe only Naomi could get away with that)
If only Carmen Carrera were here for this runway,
  • Love 2

^^damnit...yes to AB doing Michael Alig.  That is the right amount of dark and ridiculous for AB.  I think that would have been inspired in that Alig is charming and funny, but underneath it all, a bit of an evil and self centered narcissist.

I learned so much about Nancy Reagan from watching her funeral (I live in the same city where it occurred) that AB doing Nancy would have been hilarious. She was a real piece of work.

• Love 1

I finished the whole episode now, and this is the first time I've strongly disagreed with the choice of which queen got sent home. I do think that Naomi Smalls was a bit better in the lipsync than Acid Betty, but I think Naomi also deserved to go home based on total performance so much more that she needed to completely slay Acid Betty, not just mildly out dance her. Also, we've got to be getting close to some of the pure look challenges, and Acid Betty has much more to offer. Also, I felt of the four kimono looks, Naomi's was so obviously the worst that she deserved to be docked for not switching her outfit (she couldn't put together an 80s Madonna? Which no one did!)

I actually think I would have put Robbie Turner in the bottom instead of Acid Betty. They both performed poorly in Snatch Game, but Robbie's supposed to be an actor whereas Acid Betty is not. They both had great looks on the Runway, but Acid Betty's was more creative conceptually. Also, this is the second time Robbie's failed on an acting-related challenge. I like her, and she was on fire as the lead of Les Chicken Wings, but she's been underperforming.

• Love 3

^^I tend to agree with you on Naomi's Madonna look.  It was by far the kimono that was the least like the one Madonna wore.  It was....as someone else said....lingerie.  The problem is that Naomi looks so damn amazing wearing lingerie, that it was easy to get confused.  Whereas, you are correct AB had something other than a kimono and something that took quite a bit of time and thought.  

Ultimately, I think the biggest thing working against AB was having to try and give an amazing LSFYL to Causing a Commotion, in a pregnant look with birds coming out.  Causing a Commotion is a sexy, fun song, and even if AB was also wearing a kimono Naomi would have had an advantage because Naomi has that sort of body.  But it seems near impossible to give sexy, fun and carefree when you're pregnant with birds!

I think Robbie Turner was bad, but not as bad as AB as Nancy Grace, IMO.  But more importantly, I think the judges gave Robbie a pass for getting a Madonna look that was not from that one album.  Picking A League of their Own was just a really cute idea....and perhaps the only reason Robbie squeaked by.

• Love 1

What kills me about about Acid Betty is how could she not know she'd be up for LSFYL with that awful Nancy Grace impersonation? Did she not think she'd have to perform with that fake womb attached to her?

Still, she could have easily won LSFYL if she planned in advanced and found a creative way to unhook the fake Bedtime Story womb and done a performance piece where she gives birth on stage while uttering the lyrics to Causing a Commotion.That would have been original, funny, and still redeemed her. It's almost like she just gave up by mid season.

And Michelle had the best Madonna costume, in her MDNA Tour "Vogue/Human Nature" corset pantsuit. She must have been woefully embarrassed by most of the queens.

• Love 1

How did not one of the ladies do the Marie Antoinette look from the VMA'S Vogue performance or the the wedding dress from the OG VMA performance or even the black and white polka dot outfit from the Dress You Up video/blonde ambition tour, or countless of other looks that Madonna has, cause she has a shit ton! That was just straight up embarrassing and lazy.

• Love 3
(edited)

How did not one of the ladies do the Marie Antoinette look from the VMA'S Vogue performance or the the wedding dress from the OG VMA performance or even the black and white polka dot outfit from the Dress You Up video/blonde ambition tour, or countless of other looks that Madonna has, cause she has a shit ton! That was just straight up embarrassing and lazy.

See, I suspect that everyone thought "oh, people are going to do the cone bra, I'm gonna be different and do the kimono look!"

But, the smart thing was to do what BOB and Robbie did.....pick a more obscure reference, but one that is still recognizable

And for goodness sake, they ALL should have had a backup plan.  A Lucky Star look should have been easy to pull together.

If someone had done Marie Antoinette Madonna I would have been the happiest.  I loved that look!  I also would have completely loved it if Naomi had gone for the coffee table book Madonna.  That literally requires no clothing, and Naomi has the body for it.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 4
(edited)

Naomi has shown us all she brings to the runway, and I thought that was eminently clear during the lip sync. There's Naomi and her body in her lingerie. I think she's gorgeous, but come on, Ru. Naomi's not going to win and neither was Betty, so whose future runways would be more interesting? Stay tuned for next week: same face, different lingerie, sexy body Naomi.

What would Betty bring? Who knows! I sure wish I could see it.

Edited by micat
  • Love 6
I like him, I just kind of want him to chill just a second. I don't want the competition to just be about who's the loudest. There's something to be said about finesse and subtlety.

Yes, this.  He's hilarious but has a manic energy about him that feels a bit overwhelming.  And Bob's challenge in this competition might be to focus all that energy he has more productively. 

Impressed by Kim Chi the first few episodes but now underwhelmed by her.  I see her as mostly looks-based.  When she tries to do comedy, I'm wanting to root for Kim but am also like "gurl, no..."

Thorgy has to be careful to not let Bob get to her head.  Don't get salty; that's for bitter queens.  Your time will come.  Thorgy reminds me of the lead singer from Four Non-Blondes.  It's not really a lip synch song but I think she would nail "What's Up?"

I'm not sure why Robbie is still around.  I don't think she's gotten a positive edit.

• Love 1

Yes, this.  He's hilarious but has a manic energy about him that feels a bit overwhelming.  And Bob's challenge in this competition might be to focus all that energy he has more productively. 

Impressed by Kim Chi the first few episodes but now underwhelmed by her.  I see her as mostly looks-based.  When she tries to do comedy, I'm wanting to root for Kim but am also like "gurl, no..."

Thorgy has to be careful to not let Bob get to her head.  Don't get salty; that's for bitter queens.  Your time will come.  Thorgy reminds me of the lead singer from Four Non-Blondes.  It's not really a lip synch song but I think she would nail "What's Up?"

I'm not sure why Robbie is still around.  I don't think she's gotten a positive edit.

And RuPaul. Because you'll never convince me RuPaul didn't clock Thorgy's mental battle with Bob and troll the hell out of her with giving another win to Bob.

• Love 1
And for goodness sake, they ALL should have had a backup plan.  A Lucky Star look should have been easy to pull together.
In the Thorgy Q&A that was linked, she said that she got talked out of doing her backup plan. 

I can understand why Kim Chi and Derek didn't consider switching. Kim Chi likes to reference East Asian fashion, and she had a really good actual kimono. Derrick had a fairly nice kimono that was a different spin on the look, and she was probably nervous that too many of the other obvious Madonna looks would have Michelle scolding her for being too pop star, too close to Britney (although I think it would be funny if Derrick had done Madonna's outfit from either the wedding VMA or the Me Against the Music video) If Thorgy and Naomi had switched (as they probably should have), I think Derrick and Kim Chi would have been different enough takes.

• Love 3

I wonder if the queens knew about the Madonna challenge beforehand? I watched "Untucked" and you can see how incredibly detailed Bob and Robbie's outfits are -- Bob has patches all over his boy scout uniform and it even says "RuPaul's Drag Race" on it, and Robbie has "Rockford" on his baseball jumper. Unless they're just experts at stitching?

Also, Acid Betty comes off as very human in Untucked and it's a reason I wish it was airing on TV. I feel half the audience watches and half doesn't, and if you just watch the show, you only get the "Betty is a bitter bitch" narrative.

• Love 2

But poor Chi Chi didn't come with a Madonna look prepared, and made all that stuff the night before/that day, per Untucked. I wonder if she just didn't have the confidence to believe that she would make it very far, because Madonna and neon could have both been put together relatively cheaply in advance with thrifting and sewing, don't you think?  

• Love 1

I loved Rupaul coming in and annoucing the Roadkill! challenge!

And later Bob telling Kim Chi that after Kim left, Rupaul asked who should go home and everyone said "Kim Chi". I don't usually like practical jokes, but those were funny. I also Liked Kim Chi Chi chilling in Untucked together, amiably, but struggling to find a conversation topic, Until turkey necks came up. I don't know why Chi Chi didn't unzip the front of her corset, but it was nice of Kim Chi to loosen the back for her.

Untucked was better than the show this week, which is too bad since it was the snatch game. And no latex frog suits. :(

• Love 3

My biggest takeaway from this week is that Kim Chi has Nerve with a capital N.  She could have done Margaret Cho or some other relatively safe bet but no, she had the Nerve to make up a nonexistent person for snatch game.  Charisma, check.  Uniqueness, check. Nerve, check.  Talent, check.  

I'm still bitter about Betty though.  She looked so beautiful on the runway. It should have been Robbie lip synching, wearing the same wig as in the challenge.  If the same boots are a sin, how do you get a pass for wearing the same wig?

• Love 6

Also, Acid Betty comes off as very human in Untucked and it's a reason I wish it was airing on TV. I feel half the audience watches and half doesn't, and if you just watch the show, you only get the "Betty is a bitter bitch" narrative.

Agreed!  But there is something I'm not getting about this Betty is a bitch stuff.  So I get on the show she started off kinda salty but as time went on we saw a softer side to her...she wants to show the AB character.  What I don't understand is Michelle Visage & Bianca coming out and saying that they don't like her.  Why?  I've never been to a BOTS show but from what I'm hearing Michelle is bad mouthing AB and I've seen tweets/posts from Bianca saying she doesn't like her so what's up.  Are they playing into her character?  Meaning are they simply saying this stuff to further along the AB is a bitch story line?  And not only that but B.O.B. and Thorgy saying similar things as well.  I mean to hear them talk I thought A.B. was going to burn the place down if someone pissed her off but yet we are being shown something completely different on T.V.

• Love 1

I was so excited for this episode and two words - YAWN FACTORY.  It was the most boring episode so far this season.

I love the personalities so I was expecting a lot from Snatch Game.  Only Thorgy and Bob stood out to me.  Bob won - as of course she should -  but I thought Pandora's Carol Channing was so much better and none of the performances even came close to Little Edie or Dame Maggie Smith.  I actually thought Kim Chi's Kim Jung Un (predicted by me on day one) was pretty lame but lucky for her there were so many other train wrecks it didn't really matter that much.  I wish Naomi had done Whoopi after all.  Fucking Bob is so clever with her mind games.  Seriously.

I could have coped with a boring Snatch Game if the runway had come up to snuff but GURL PLURLEASEEEEE.  As a Madonna superfan I was expecting a LOT.  She has millions of instantly recognisable iconic looks and 4 queens came out in kimonos??????  That to me not only seemed uninspired but LAZY.  And, a bit of a slap in the face to her Madgesty.  Girls get clocked for wearing lingerie on the runway all the time - no one thought to make that into the Like a Virgin era Madonna??  I mean Naomi, I think you could have pulled something together, don't tell me you don't have a white or black lace panties set.

I give MAJOR PROPS to Chi Chi for whipping up her outfit as she had nothing appropriate to wear for this challenge.  The cone bra and high blonde ponytail?  YES FINALLY!!!  Again a huge nod to Acid Betty for doing a proper Madonna outfit!!  More obscure but still recognisable.  I wasn't a big fan of the A League of their Own and the boy scout look because I'm sorry bout it - they are not classic Madonna looks!!  I mean no one had a whip and eye mask to do the Erotica look?  That would have been dead easy.  No one able to wear strapless pink dress and do the Material Girl/Gentlemen Prefer Blondes look?  I mean COME ON.

OK rant over.  I am curious to see who will be in the bottom 2 next week because I truly thought Acid Betty was going to be in the top four at the very least.  Love you bitch, I'm sad to see you go.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Derrick wasn't in the bottom; now that she's done Britney, is there any need to keep her?  It would be interesting to see if she can perform a non-Britney song. Ooh, make it a ballad!  And why keep Naomi?  She hasn't shown much beyond runway.  It's almost as if Ru was being polite to the guest judges in keeping her.  I wonder if Acid Betty thought her runway look would be enough to keep her safe, since it was amazeballs.  I'd rather see more of what she had to offer over Naomi. Or Robbie Turner, who has pretty much psyched herself out of the running.

I suspect Kim Chi and Chi Chi are around for a while -- they're both pushing themselves, which Ru likes.

It's almost a cop out, as if she ran out of jokes/references for one impression and jumps ship for another

Like singers doing complicated runs because they can't hold a single note for that long.

balancing out the "I must win and I'll do anything it takes to get there" with "Hey, these queens are fun people to work with" would do some good, I think

You don't want to come off the show with people thinking, "She's really talented but I wouldn't want to work with her."  

• Love 1

Naomi has shown us all she brings to the runway, and I thought that was eminently clear during the lip sync. There's Naomi and her body in her lingerie. I think she's gorgeous, but come on, Ru. Naomi's not going to win and neither was Betty, so whose future runways would be more interesting? Stay tuned for next week: same face, different lingerie, sexy body Naomi.

What would Betty bring? Who knows! I sure wish I could see it.

I think Ru knew neither Naomi or Acid Betty could win the whole thing.  She probably thought Naomi has the most to learn and would get the most out of another week, whereas Betty seemed over everything.  Another week for Betty would be just another chance for her to look bad and possibly go off on someone.  I love Betty, but I wouldn't want to work with her.  

But poor Chi Chi didn't come with a Madonna look prepared, and made all that stuff the night before/that day, per Untucked. I wonder if she just didn't have the confidence to believe that she would make it very far, because Madonna and neon could have both been put together relatively cheaply in advance with thrifting and sewing, don't you think?  

All I know is that damn near everyone in the 80's was able to pull together a knock off Madonna look......even I once attempted to leave the house in a very long shirt off the shoulder as a homage to Madonna and my parents kindly and confusedly asked me if I had forgotten to wear pants.

So I expect that Chi-Chi could have come up with something, even on a limited budget.  But the outfit she put together kept her safe, so it all worked out.

I would have loved the Material Girl look too as someone above posted.

I loved Rupaul coming in and annoucing the Roadkill! challenge!

Critter Couture!

• Love 1
(edited)
And not only that but B.O.B. and Thorgy saying similar things as well.

In Thorgy's Q&A, she said she and Bob all out cried when Acid Betty left. It sounded to me like they really like and respect her.

I know Bianca's a popular queen, but as she herself put it, she begins and ends every conversation with a hateful remark. It wouldn't surprise me if there was nothing more to Bianca/Acid Betty's dislike for each other than Acid Betty not liking Bianca's hateful comedy stylings and Bianca not liking her art not being liked. Also, they both use clown as a descriptor for their style, which is seriously the type of thing that can draw two people in the same performance circle into conflict (I really wish I was kidding, but alas).

ETA: Yes, it's the gum situation. I was just talking about the Reddit Q&A at the viewing party. :)

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 1

I am so sorry if this is a stupid, obvious question, but these Q&As people are talking about -- where can I find them? Are these posted online somewhere? Or are you talking about the Reddit/ Q&A at the viewing party? (I feel like this is going to be like that scene in Clerks where someone is asking where the gum is and they're standing right in front of the gum.... )

In Thorgy's Q&A, she said she and Bob all out cried when Acid Betty left. It sounded to me like they really like and respect her.

I know Bianca's a popular queen, but as she herself put it, she begins and ends every conversation with a hateful remark. It wouldn't surprise me if there was nothing more to Bianca/Acid Betty's dislike for each other than Acid Betty not liking Bianca's hateful comedy stylings and Bianca not liking her art not being liked. Also, they both use clown as a descriptor for their style, which is seriously the type of thing that can draw two people in the same performance circle into conflict (I really wish I was kidding, but alas).

Or perhaps they just worked together a long time ago when AB was younger and brasher.  It sounds like recently she has realized that no one likes her, and its possible that reflecting on that has made her work to change her ways.  I found her to be shady and bitchy, but I never thought it was so over the top that it would cause people to simply refuse to work with her.

But if Bianca just knows her from before she tried to change she would likely still have reason to hate her.

• Love 1