Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lois' most defining characteristic is that accent. Stripping it away would be very stupid and hopefully this dumb little story is just about reinforcing that and not just turning her into Nice Quinn from B&B or Eve from Melrose Place.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Judging by this trailer Nicholas Chavez is going to break out and never come back, so it's time to recast.

This is going to give him so much exposure--good for him!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

I had no idea his part in Grotesquerie was going to be a big one.   That must mean they liked what they saw in Monsters.  The way things are going, he may end up being the last star discovered on GH.   Assuming he becomes one, but it looks likely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I didn't know Maura West changed her name to Maurice West.

Ha! In all seriousness, I don't think they have fact checkers and copy editors working over there anymore. They also misspelled Harrington's surname within the article.

That's a nice interview, but I'm annoyed with her for saying she didn't know how to pronounce a lot of words because she's from Indiana. Ugh. She was young enough (19, I think!) that inexperience alone is reason enough. Don't play into geographic stereotypes.

• Like 2
(edited)

There was some discussion in the episode thread how Bernard has auditioned to play Tony Soprano. Which I find to be laughably hilarious. He was horrible playing Desi Arnaz in that horrible movie with Frances Fisher-stutter barking and mumbling his lines, like he does as Mooby. And that’s how he would have been had Chase had been moronic enough (and David Chase is not a moron) to hire Bernard. I don’t know how he was as Nico. Bernard, as nice as he may be in real life, only wishes he was as talented as James Gandolfini was.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2

I keep seeing references to Steve Burton not wanting to have a love interest on the show. If that's true, does anyone know if there's a particular reason for it? I don't know if he's in a new relationship, or if it's a religious (Church of MonaVie?) thing or what.

24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t know how he was as Nico.

Do you mean his role in All My Children? I remember him as being superbly charismatic and charming, and loved him with Cecily.

I saw slight glimmer of this when MB was paired with CW but it was all too brief.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Desperado said:

Do you mean his role in All My Children? I remember him as being superbly charismatic and charming, and loved him with Cecily.

I saw slight glimmer of this when MB was paired with CW but it was all too brief.

Yes. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Desperado said:

Yes!  I loved Nico and Cecily.  They were a great pair and Mo did have what it takes to be a leading man.  I agree I saw remnants of that with Cynthia (the only redeeming quality of that awful Nixon Falls bs). When he interacts with the kids and when he brings out those dimples I’ll confess, he still has that charm and charisma.  They just don’t write him that way.

• Like 4

While Babe was an absolute atrocity of a character I always thought Havins gave it her all. Same for her role in Torchwood Miracle Day. She's a charming presence and I think she could knock the role out of the park.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1

I loathed Babe with the heat of a thousand suns, but it wasn't because of Alexa Havins who did a decent job. And compared to the AMC actor on GH, Cameron Mathison, she's able to convey complicated emotions.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Palimelon said:

Shall we take bets on how quickly stuck-in-a-coma-for-years Lulu will be up and walking and partaking in the Port Charles Marathon?

Particularly funny for me because I broke my wrist 3 months ago and still can't do much with it--and that's within 3 months and just a dinky wrist!  Lulu's been bedridden for almost four years and will be dancing by Halloween!

• Hugs 5

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I hated Babe but thought Alexa was mostly fine in the god-awful Miracle Day. So, very mixed feelings. 

I think I would have preferred an unknown. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

My soap watching psyche will forever be scarred by "Babe is love."  It's going to be hard for me to separate AH from that. 

Lmao why don’t I remember this???  Maybe I blocked it out. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

I was a little surprised to see Maurice Benard briefly as a potential Tony in that documentary about The Sopranos, but then I thought about it, and I realized it was only surprising that I hadn't heard about it long ago, despite spending time in a lot of places where it would be likely to come up (books/articles about the history of The Sopranos and a few internet eras of GH discussion forums).

It makes sense that he tried, I guess. It was summer 1997 that they shot the pilot, and it was taking them a long time to find a lead everyone was happy with. I'm sure every agent in LA with a client in the right age group who (1) really was Italian-American, (2) had the coloring to pass as Italian-American, or (3) had mobster acting experience, was going hard after this thing. David Chase didn't have his rep as a TV genius and household name yet, but he had been associated with The Rockford FilesI'll Fly Away, and Northern Exposure, so it was likely to be a project of quality, even if no one expected it to become the phenomenon it became.  

It was weird hearing Maurice delivering a classic Tony line ("What about Gary Cooper?" to Melfi). I'll just say I think everything worked out for the best. The two closest runners-up to Gandolfini (Michael Rispoli and John Ventimiglia) were given other recurring roles on that series. Their auditions did look good.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Palimelon said:

Sounds like your brain is doing a good job protecting you.

Well I really can’t handle cringey second hand embarrassment stuff and this definitely sounds like it fits the bill so you’re probably right. 

• Like 2

Lulu’s never been my favorite character but I think Alexa matches up to JMB pretty well and from what I remember, her version was the one people liked, not ER’s girl reporter, Pinterest mom version. So I think the casting will make fans of the character happy.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:16 PM, ffwbe said:

Lulu’s never been my favorite character but I think Alexa matches up to JMB pretty well and from what I remember, her version was the one people liked, not ER’s girl reporter, Pinterest mom version. So I think the casting will make fans of the character happy.

Babe was an awful character but I never thought Alexa Havens was a bad actress. It should be a good part for her.

On 9/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, Palimelon said:

But...Babe is love...

And Unaborted Fetus wuvs her. 

I had plenty of issues with Babe but as a performer Alexa Havins never gave less than 110%, and I always enjoyed her work even when I disliked the character. I've watched Genie have to carry people before so seeing the show invest in serious A-game performers for Laura's children again makes me very happy. Sure, Jen Landon might've been my dream choice but I never bought that would happen given her career trajectory. Alexa is very strong and is no shrinking violet onscreen, and she also has a vulnerability I feel JMB frankly lacked. So I'm pretty pleased.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

On the first anniversary of Billy Miller's passing, KeMo reposted a tweet of hers that she wrote and posted shortly after his death. Today she posted it to her IG. Hours later she edited the tweet to include a whole load of tags, including Frank, ABC and Disney.

Likes for that post include Lexi Ainsworth, Emme Rylan, Kimberly McCullough and Rebecca Budig. 

She also reposted a message on Twitter that is from Billy's mother that very much alludes to SOMETHING going down around the timeframe of SBu coming back/BM turning into Drew....

That message (from Billy's mom) was as follows. "Actually it really all started when Billy stood up for her against Frank. Then when Billy reaped the consequences of that she was told it would benefit her not to share her opinions on social media....Hope she moves on to a better show with a nontoxic environment."

The original tweet from Ms. Miller was 8/27/24.

KeMo.jpg

• Useful 3

Yes, we all know that she and BM were upset with the storyline when SBu returned in 2017. And? She got her way for so long and couldn't handle it when production stopped catering to her. She's been phoning it in for years in retaliation and I don't feel sorry for her at all. 

Posting that on the anniversary of BM's death was certainly a choice.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/10/2024 at 2:19 PM, Sake614 said:

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2024/09/10/breaking-news-all-my-childrens-alexa-havins-cast-as-general-hospitals-lulu-spencer

wasn’t impressed when she did an OLTL crossover. Anyone who watched AMC regularly have an opinion?

Alexa is a really great actress and she really gives it her all. I'm wondering really she's bringing her southern drawl to the role of Lulu because every thing i've seen her in she's had that twang. I think unless they really wanna revamp Lulu, she's going to be more JMB Lulu than ER's Lulu.  I liked her as Babe until I loathed her as Babe but a lot of it was writing "Babe is Love." was def. a thing (but considering everything she did it was hard to get there if you saw the majority of the baby switch storyline). She def. held her own with Bobbie Eakes vs. Susan Lucci, etc so she'll do just fine with Jane & Genie.

On 9/15/2024 at 4:37 AM, Palimelon said:

Kind of like SJB's Carly.

yeah pretty much. it got to the point no one gave a crap or remembered [including Kendall which really drove me nuts] the year of horror Babe put Bianca through. we were all supposed to get over it. 

8 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Yes, we all know that she and BM were upset with the storyline when SBu returned in 2017. And? She got her way for so long and couldn't handle it when production stopped catering to her. She's been phoning it in for years in retaliation and I don't feel sorry for her at all. 

Honestly... that's how I feel. they weren't the first people who didn't like storylines and they won't be the last. and while I agree they should have been ticked off that they pretty much dumped everything to prop up SBu again [AMC did this with Sabine Singh when Rebecca Budig decided she wanted to come back as Greenlee] I didn't like it then, I don't like it now, but honestly the lack of effort she put into the role [to the point where people had to ask if she was okay or sick] wasn't fair to her co-workers. Not to mention i feel that Sam is one of those characters that her story was over a long time ago but rode that crest of JaSam and benefited from it. 

I am just more surprised that they didn't recast her with Lindsay Hartley [though from what I am told she doesn't want to be full time so maybe that's it?]. but even w/her fans it's like okay bye Sam.  (i will admit though i am curious about the tea, and i hope it's hot) 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, lilabennet said:

Yes, my first thought was that she was hijacking the remembrance anniversary but I also know grief is a very personal thing and there’s no time table to recover from it, especially when it’s unexpected. It feels like KM is still hurting very much.

People grieving are often drowning and may cling to a work environment to keep from sinking. It’s not an ideal situation and I hope being let go will be better for her healing process going forward.

It doesn’t stop me from thinking a FV environment could be toxic to people who are not his favourites.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Desperado said:

It doesn’t stop me from thinking a FV environment could be toxic to people who are not his favourites.

I think it's toxic, period.

I'm not on social media, so the info is coming from Reddit. The people who liked her post among others were Kim Mc, Lexi Ainsworth, Rebecca Budig and Emme Rylan. If anything I was surprised to see Kimberly there too because she made the decision to leave unlike the other three who were fired. 

KeMo also said that she took the pay cut in a reply to one of the comments, so it's got nothing to do with that.

As far as I can tell, something happened BTS where Billy defended Kelly and that got him his walking papers, and she was told to STFU if she knew what was good for her. Frank sounds like he runs the mob, not a dumb tv show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

KeMo also said that she took the pay cut in a reply to one of the comments, so it's got nothing to do with that

I think everyone took a pay cut at some point there, so KeMo certainly wasn’t the only one.