Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

LUCAS (WHO?)!!!

I'm sure he's here to listen to Bobbie whine about Nelle.  Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get an update on his off-screen adoption "story".  And obviously, there will be no interaction with him and his husband.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

LUCAS (WHO?)!!!

I'm sure he's here to listen to Bobbie whine about Nelle.  Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get an update on his off-screen adoption "story".  And obviously, there will be no interaction with him and his husband.

We'll be lucky to get more than one scene with the two of them. Ugh. Send Lucas and Brad off to Boston or someplace so this farce of an existence can end.

3 hours ago, Neptune said:

It's a girl for GH star Vanessa Marcil

At 49! She's brave (and lucky).

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

We'll be lucky to get more than one scene with the two of them. Ugh. Send Lucas and Brad off to Boston or someplace so this farce of an existence can end.

Perhaps Lucas' doctor friend in Pennsylvania could put in a good word for him at his hospital. #showinmyhead

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Hard pass.  Laura Wright put a pic of her with the two of them on her Instagram and hashtagged it "dream team," which made me throw up in my mouth.

I find all three incredibly obnoxious with Maurice being the one I can tolerate the most.  

• Love 6
On 1/2/2018 at 1:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I know I'm almost two weeks late to the party, but this:

BEST STORYLINE

The Tale of two Jasons – General Hospital

No doubt!   This was the best storyline of 2017.  When Steve Burton made his return as Patient Six, and viewers waited to find out if he would turn out to be the real Jason, or if Billy Miller’s Jason would, and it was story gold. Then the swerve, Dr. Anthony Maddox was a major perpetrator in this story, and then the fallout.  How many lives this is affecting has been can’t- miss soapy drama at its best. Congrats GH writers for this one!

Perhaps someone should tell him about IMDb? I was reading it saying, "There's no Anthony," then I realized he meant Andre.

• Love 3

Anders Hove and Ian Buchanan?  Are they both going to be on the show?  I have mixed feelings on a Duke return since I've been liking Anna and Finn.  And I was always Team Robert over Duke. Well, over anyone.  I want Anna's HEA to be drinks on the beach with Robert (shades of Night Shift 2.)

• Love 5

Here. I'll appoint myself summarizer of the Benard/Burton interview clip, for those who couldn't bring themselves to watch it or were being protected by their computers. It's not as though I have anything else to post about. GH has really hit a dry patch since the start of the New Year. I mean, a drier patch. I thought they had a pretty good rhythm going for a while there, but now everything is low-stakes, who-cares BS. It's getting hard for me to watch my daily recordings, which usually portends a long break.     

Summary: Benard says Burton's return to GH has been like your best friend from high school having to move and go to another school, but then coming back in senior year.  

Burton says it's been even better than expected. He's grateful to work with all the people he used to work with, including "this guy" (Benard).  

Burton denies that he made a condition of being the real Jason. He didn't know what the story was going to be until he got the script.  

Benard says the Sonny/Jason reunion scenes were "greatly written," and that acting with Burton is just like riding a bike.  You fall off and then you get right back on. 

So that's really the gist of it. Everything's wonderful, and Benard wins the "more annoying" prize because of his attempts at metaphor.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

tumblr_oji598zNrc1r1ult6o1_500.gif

Well I'm pretty sure the last part of his statement is a clear lie.  His ass and Billy Miller knew well in advanced who they would be playing prior to getting any script.  But Burton lies like he walks.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

I like Van Etten's humor, and he does seem to be producing a more coherent show than the last crew, if still not very good. But I do think as long as he's under the yoke of FV and the old Ron house style not much will change. (On a side note I remember a friend told me years ago that he was supposedly in the list of names to take over OLTL 2.0 from its revolving door of HWs in 2013, but I don't know if that's legit.)

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Daytime Confidential says that Genie got bumped to recurring. WTF

I don't understand why her story shifted in one episode.    Why create a story for her only to have to change directions in one ep and ship her offscreen?  I'd think it'd happen more gradually.

I'm disappointed. I love GF on GH.  She's really the reason I continue to watch. 

• Love 5
Just now, SnK said:

I don't understand why her story shifted in one episode.    Why create a story for her only to have to change directions in one ep and ship her offscreen?  I'd think it'd happen more gradually.

I'm disappointed. I love GF on GH.  She's really the reason I continue to watch. 

It makes no sense at all. All I can think of is that the show needs to find ways to squeeze out more airtime for Franco, Valentin/Nina, Jason, Sonny and Nelle SOMEWHERE. Ugh. 

The stark abruptness of the change in story is what confuses me.

• Love 3

I'm surprised GF agreed to recurring.

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It makes no sense at all. All I can think of is that the show needs to find ways to squeeze out more airtime for Franco, Valentin/Nina, Jason, Sonny and Nelle SOMEWHERE. Ugh. 

Don't forget Drew and Sam. They pretty much have the same scene about three times a week.

• Love 6

Two Jasons and two Carlys on contract, but zero Lauras?  Oh Frank. 

And yeah, even though she's been bumped to recurring, I doubt GF is actually going to stick around.  I mean, isn't this what happened last time in 2013?  Laura exited abruptly for some contrived reason and never came back.

• Love 10

Yeah - the story I recall at the time is Frank tried to sell her on joining the Frank & Ron Recurring Vet Corps and she told them to fuck off. She doesn't need the show, she has her Hallmark stuff and her happy marriage to Commander Riker who still works quite steadily as a TV director (among many other things he also just did an episode of the new Star Trek: Discovery). But I had a feeling Frank would eventually get even for her winning a contract from him - he is ruthless about that stuff. Still, I think the advantage is hers at the moment if she wants to try and come back. Which she may not.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4