Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was her seventh. That's really rough. And at 49, she's facing long odds at every stage.

Sweet Jesus, I thought it was only her second! How terrible. 

I'm sorry about VM. It's clear she wants more children. With time not on her side, though, I wonder if she has considered a surrogate? I realize some women want to carry their own children, but she'd still get her baby!

In any case, good luck to her going forward.

As for Maurice Benard re-upping? Big fat yawn. And how nice he gets to stay on contract while Genie Francis - who was half the couple that MADE this damned show - is drop kicked.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm going with -  he has DID because his mom's boyfriend molested him, and all of his SERIAL KILLING was done by his alter Danco. Also, My Two Dads pushed Drew down the stairs to convince Franco not to tell - so poor, poor Franco expressed his bad touch pain by serial murdering random innocent people, orchestrating the rape of another young boy and pretend raping Jason's wife because he was obsessed with Jason. Also, TUMORS!

And yet, I find I still have no fucks to give! Sorry, Frank! Better luck crafting another Franco sob story.

• Love 3

It's funny: Laura, Kirsten, and Finola all have pics of each other in NYC and Laura is the only one who doesn't tag the others' names--almost like she doesn't want to take any attention from herself.  Very Carly-esque.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's funny: Laura, Kirsten, and Finola all have pics of each other in NYC and Laura is the only one who doesn't tag the others' names--almost like she doesn't want to take any attention from herself.  Very Carly-esque.

LW is incredibly smug.  She thinks very very highly of herself.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gah! Okay, so I’m half-drunk (make that fully drunk) tonight, and i’m Sitting on something I cannot say. 

but I can confirm that this is 100% true. Trust me. Seriously.  

The pain i’ve Endured. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Francie said:

Gah! Okay, so I’m half-drunk (make that fully drunk) tonight, and i’m Sitting on something I cannot say. 

but I can confirm that this is 100% true. Trust me. Seriously.  

The pain i’ve Endured. 

You don't even have to say it.  You can JUST tell.  

• Love 2

Crap, to leave up or edit with a n/m? 

I’ll just say that I don’t think LW is malevolent.  Or mean-spirited. But she has a toddler’s sense of self and others. And that’s not to say she’s simple minded. She’s not. No brainiac, either, but not dumb as a door post dumb.  But she has absolutely no sense that the world does not revolve around her. And not in a grandiose way but in a sincere “what? You’re not interested in what happened to me during spring break of 1992? That’s not riveting to you?”

There are a couple types of people whom we all sit next to on planes. There’s me, who’d prefer to pretend that you don’t exist and I’d prefer it if you’d pretend that I don’t exist, either.  Then there are the people who chat you up. And of those, there are two subgroups. There’s subgroup A, where they ask you questions about yourself and engage in a back and forth. And there’s subgroup B, who seizes on this opportunity, and they truly believe, they are bringing entertainment to your world by talking about themselves wholly and completely.  Because if they are the most fascinating person to themselves, they can’t conceive why you wouldn’t think they are the most fascinating person on the planet as well. 

• Love 10

this whole thing with Genie Francis is a disgrace..Frank Valentini should be fired.. without Genies' character Laura there would have been no LUKE and GH would have gone off the air 40 years ago...I collected a bunch of  these links all together in one spot let your voices be heard

ABC daytime comment line 818-460-7477 press 1 next prompt 2 when connected press 464 allowed 30 seconds for message

ABC Daytime Rebecca Campbell 818-460-6155

ABC Media Relations 212-456-7740

GH comment line 323-671-4583

Watch ABC customer care 800-230-0229

email soap opera digest "sound off" department SODsound@soapoperadigest.com

email soaps in depth ABCspeaksout@soapsindepth.com

Frank Valentini..executive producer General Hospital C/O ABC-TV 4151 Prospect ave Hollywood, ca 90027 send a postcard they do not open envelopes

for twitters @valentinifrank

https://www.change.org/p/abc-daytime-bring-genie-back-to-gh-as-contract-character

https://www.change.org/p/abc-abc-fire-frank-valenti-as-executive-producer-of-general-hospital

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/petition-bring-genie-francis-back-gh-contract-character/

Edited by sue450
  • Love 6

Re: Genie Francis/Laura. Something that I don't think we've discussed is Laura's hospital board seat. It's not a good look for the frame of the writing that of all the characters that would have wanted Laura's seat on the board, TPTB chose Valentin. The unrepentant murderer that murdered Laura's son, shot her husband, and stole her grandchild, and has never once apologized or shown remorse to Laura or Lulu for any of those things.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Re: Genie Francis/Laura. Something that I don't think we've discussed is Laura's hospital board seat. It's not a good look for the frame of the writing that of all the characters that would have wanted Laura's seat on the board, TPTB chose Valentin. The unrepentant murderer that murdered Laura's son, shot her husband, and stole her grandchild, and has never once apologized or shown remorse to Laura or Lulu for any of those things.

It may not be a good look, but I kind of appreciate the call back to when Stefan had been in town only a short time before he undermined the hospital, bankrupted it and shut it down, and then melodramatically announced himself as the new Chairman (or whatever.) I like a little Cassadine hospital chicanery. 

• Love 4

I see via the Twitter machine that Tristan Rogers has gotten screwed over somehow at Y&R...maybe at some point in the future Robert can actually turn up in Port Charles since he's already pulling so many strings for Anna's investigation anyway. 

• Love 1

Not sure where to post this, but here goes...yesterday, the GH Facebook page posted something about the "doctor's" working on all the wounded in the ER. I pointed out that someone who misuses the apostrophe should not be posting anything work-related. Within 30 minutes, I was being figuratively bitch-slapped by the anti-grammar police. I was asked who pissed in my Cheerios (classy) and if I had taken extra bitch pills that morning (classy again). After a while, I reminded myself that the GH FB page is largely made up of rabid Sonny-worshippers. So, I guess if my comment had been along the lines of "Only Sonny would be clueless enough to put an apostrophe where it doesn't belong," I would have been hunted down with pitchforks. Be forewarned: do not engage with rabid types!

• Love 4

Years ago I bought a self-published book via Amazon, and it was so riddled with typos and bad grammar that I returned it. I was annoyed enough to write a review and mention the fact that the author seemed to not even use spell check, and I was inundated with replies that I was too picky, anal retentive, etc. All for expecting barely minimum readable standards.

Too many people don't know when to use "I" and when to use "me," so I'm not surprised apostrophes are also beyond their ken.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

"

“Michael Easton was Silas Clay when I first came on the show. Now, he’s Dr. Hamilton Finn. I’ve seen people come back!”

LOL So true and he was McBane before that. 

I enjoyed his character, I wish him well and luck.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

LOL So true and he was McBane before that. 

I enjoyed his character, I wish him well and luck.

And don't forget that horrendous vampire redo.....Caleb Morley.  

I'm wondering what the name of his 5th character will be, cuz you know it's gonna happen.

• Love 1

I think it's absolutely essential to bring Mike Corbin back, because when Ron Hale had the part, there were not enough scenes of Mike apologizing for being such a poor father and missing all those years. Also, the topic of Adela and Deke has not been examined in a long time. Now that Maurice has re-upped, maybe he can have a monologue about being put in the closet, and who better to make sympathetic noises during the (lengthy) pauses than the recast Mike? 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I think it's absolutely essential to bring Mike Corbin back, because when Ron Hale had the part, there were not enough scenes of Mike apologizing for being such a poor father and missing all those years. Also, the topic of Adela and Deke has not been examined in a long time. Now that Maurice has re-upped, maybe he can have a monologue about being put in the closet, and who better to make sympathetic noises during the (lengthy) pauses than the recast Mike? 

Shoot me now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

We've never heard about this!  I'm hoping we get many, many scenes of MB monologue-ing about his hidden pain.  #WatchOutBarware

• Love 3

Sonny is such a selfish jerk. He can make all the mistakes in the world, but Jasus forbid someone else make one that affects him. Unforgivable! Betrayal! He has no empathy for anyone. And this is our leading man. 

The way he treated Anna yesterday was so disgusting. Sonny is so hellbent on finding Heinrich for his own purposes that he's willing to cross Anna without a second thought. She's just in the way, and she's a woman, all emotional and weak. 

• Love 9