Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Vera said:

Becky aside, has anyone else in the cast been fired off the show before? I know Finola was years ago by Monty. Anyone else?

Do you mean under Frank?  Because yeah, I think an actor or two has been fired in GH's history lol.

7 hours ago, Vera said:

Becky aside, has anyone else in the cast been fired off the show before? I know Finola was years ago by Monty. Anyone else?

Denise Alexander (Lesley) was fired by Monty in 1984, for the grave injustice of asking to work a few days less a week after having worked on the show continuously since 1972.

Yes, really. 

Anna Lee (Lila) was fired by JFP in 2004, and many--including her son--felt that that action devastated her enough that she lost the will to live, as she died soon after.

Stuart Damon (Alan) was fired on Christmas Day 2006 by JFP/Frons. You read that right. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, UYI said:

Denise Alexander (Lesley) was fired by Monty in 1984, for the grave injustice of asking to work a few days less a week after having worked on the show continuously since 1972.

Yes, really. 

Anna Lee (Lila) was fired by JFP in 2004, and many--including her son--felt that that action devastated her enough that she lost the will to live, as she died soon after.

Stuart Damon (Alan) was fired on Christmas Day 2006 by JFP/Frons. You read that right. 

Wasn't Brad Maule also fired?

23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know it's show business, but the lack of humanity in some of those cases is astonishing.

Truer words were never spoken. Or rather, typed.

I know the Anna Lee thing is somewhat controversial due to alleged promises, but would it really have been so hard to trot out Lila once a month? I'm sure some sort of accommodation could have been reached. And to fire someone on Christmas is a dick move through and through.

• Love 1

Brad Maule was fired.  Grrrrrrr

Jackie Zeman was fired in 2012.  Here's a quote from an interview at the time:

In 2012 her status changed from GH ‘regular’ to ‘recurring’ and it devastated not only fans, but Zeman herself. She was quoted in an interview as saying, “One day I was there and then it was like, ‘Merry Christmas, you’re fired,’ and an intern came down and handed me all my stuff.” She also added that the release of her contract felt like “t was like the death of Bobbie in my heart and soul.”

Ingo Rademacher was unceremoniously fired.

Rick Hearst, Greg Vaughn, John Ingle (completely inappropriately replaced with Jed Allen), Lindze Letherman.

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind.  Most of course were during the JFP days.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Jackie only went on recurring in 2012? Really??

Yeah, that math doesn't add up to me.

2 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Rick Hearst, Greg Vaughn, John Ingle (completely inappropriately replaced with Jed Allen), Lindze Letherman.

I mean, GH did him dirty, but the recast being fired for the original is soaps, you know?

It's like dubbel zout said, it's show business, sometimes that means firing people for a variety of reasons, but it's the lack of respect and/or humanity in some of these cases - right up to Frank's handling of Genie, springing it on her on her last tape day and then "being too busy" to have a conversation with her - that's notable.

Edited by TeeVee329
3 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Jackie Zeman was fired in 2012.  Here's a quote from an interview at the time:

In 2012 her status changed from GH ‘regular’ to ‘recurring’ and it devastated not only fans, but Zeman herself. She was quoted in an interview as saying, “One day I was there and then it was like, ‘Merry Christmas, you’re fired,’ and an intern came down and handed me all my stuff.” She also added that the release of her contract felt like “t was like the death of Bobbie in my heart and soul.”

She was QUOTED in 2012 about being bumped to recurring. She did an SOD interview that year. 2010 was the last time she was seen onscreen (with really dark Elvira looking hair, yuck) until 2013 (which was promoted WIDELY as JZ's return to the show). I know that for a fact.

I think she was bumped to recurring sometime in the mid-2000s, but a lot of the cast has been known to be on contract when a majority of them aren't being used, so there's that to consider. 

Edited by UYI
2 hours ago, UYI said:

2010 was the last time she was seen onscreen (with really dark Elvira looking hair, yuck) until 2013 

AND she never got to have a scene with JJ, in 2010 or during Geary's retirement storyline. In fact, I don't think JJ/Lucky ever got to so much as mention Aunt Bobbie, despite the fact she played an important part in Liz and Lucky's teen relationship and could have played empathy scenes with Lucky, or Liz, or both when Jake was pronounced dead since the Jake dead/Joss transplant storyline was a pathetic imitation of the BJ dead/Maxie heart transplant storyline.  Yet she's called upon to play hypocritical and stupid scenes with Nelle, or prop Carly in the past couple of years. But I'm totally not bitter!!

• Love 1

Emmy pre-noms.  Notice who's missing from Best Actor...

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Sharon Case, as Sharon Newman (Y&R)

Eileen Davidson, as Ashley Abbott (Y&R)

Melissa Claire Egan, as Chelsea Newman (Y&R)

Judi Evans, as Adrienne Kiriakis/Bonnie Lockhart (DAYS)

Mary Beth Evans, as Kayla Johnson (DAYS)

Nancy Lee Grahn, as Alexis Davis (GH)

Marci Miller, as Abigail Deveraux (DAYS)

Kelly Monaco, as Sam McCall (GH)

Gina Tognoni, as Phyllis Summers (Y&R)

Maura West, as Ava Jerome (GH)

Laura Wright, as Carly Corinthos (GH)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Peter Bergman, as Jack Abbott (Y&R)

Scott Clifton, as Liam Spencer (B&B)

Michael Easton, as Hamilton Finn (GH)

Billy Flynn, as Chad DiMera (DAYS)

Galen Gering, as Rafe Hernandez (DAYS)

Eric Martsolf, as Brady Black (DAYS)

John McCook, as Eric Forrester (B&B)

Billy Miller, as Jason Morgan/Drew (GH)

Stephen Nichols, as Steve “Patch” Johnson (DAYS)

James Reynolds, as Abe Carver (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Marla Adams, as Dina Mergeron (Y&R)

Nadia Bjorlin, as Chloe Lane (DAYS)

Eileen Davidson, as Susan Banks/Kristen DiMera/Sister Mary Moira (DAYS)

Camryn Grimes, as Mariah Copeland (Y&R)

Susan Hayes, as Julie Williams (DAYS)

Elizabeth Hendrickson, as Chloe Mitchell (Y&R)

Lisa LoCicero, as Olivia Falconeri (GH)

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, as Steffy Forrester Spencer (B&B)

Mishael Morgan, as Hilary Curtis (Y&R)

Arianne Zucker, as Nicole Walker (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES 

Darin Brooks, as Wyatt Spencer (B&B)

Steve Burton, as Jason Morgan/Patient 6 (GH)

Chad Duell, as Michael Corinthos (GH)

Bryton James, as Devon Hamilton (Y&R)

Wally Kurth, as Ned Quartermaine (GH)

Chandler Massey, as Will Horton (DAYS)

Anthony Montgomery, as Dr Andre Maddox (GH)

Greg Rikaart, as Kevin Baldwin (Y&R)

James Patrick Stuart, as Valentin Cassadine (GH)

Greg Vaughan, as Eric Brady (DAYS)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES

Reign Edwards, as Nicole Avant Forrester (B&B)

Hayley Erin, as Kiki Jerome (GH)

Cait Fairbanks, as Tessa Porter (Y&R)

Courtney Grosbeck, as Coco Spectra (B&B)

Olivia Rose Keegan, as Claire Brady (DAYS)

Victoria Konefal, as Ciara Brady (DAYS)

Chloe Lanier, as Nelle Benson (GH)

Eden McCoy, as Josslyn Jacks (GH)

Paige Searcy, as Jade Michaels (DAYS)

Lexie Stevenson, as Mattie Ashby (Y&R)

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES

Lucas Adams, as Tripp Dalton (DAYS)

Rome Flynn, as Zende Forrester (B&B)

Pierson Fode, as Thomas Forrester (B&B)

Noah Alexander Gerry, as Charlie Ashby (Y&R)

James Lastovic, as Joey Johnson (DAYS)

Tristan Lake Leabu, as Reed Hellstrom (Y&R)

Casey Moss, as JJ Deveraux (DAYS)

Garren Stitt, as Oscar Nero (GH)

Anthony Turpel, as Ridge Forrester Jr “RJ” (B&B)

Hudson West, as Jake Webber (GH)

Edited by Cheyanne11
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did MB not put in anything or was he just not nominated?

I seem to remember that after the melt down of MB's wife and Laura Wright last year on Twitter, MB decided he would no longer submit for a Daytime Emmy.

Edited by linsav
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

*spits up* Those GH pre-noms couldn't be more laughable if they tried.

The younger actor categories are RIDICULOUS. Get rid of it already. I think Kristen Alderson was bad enough, but the Oscar actor???? Come on!!!! 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Pfft, big talk when you've made the woman who wrecked their marriage the show's primary heroine and their son is pretty much invisible. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Neptune said:

27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Pfft, big talk when you've made the woman who wrecked their marriage the show's primary heroine and their son is pretty much invisible. #eyeroll

They've got some FUCKING NERVE to post and tweet that, considering that Brad's no longer on the show and how he was fired. Plus, what you said as well, @TeeVee329!

And I don't know how to remove Frisco and Felicia when I hit the quote, so they're included.

• Love 2

Frank Valentini's arrogance in this Michael Fairman interview is ASTONISHING:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-executive-producer-frank-valentini-talks-jasonsamdrew-tamara-braun-return-the-havoc-of-faison-and-anna-finns-burgeoning-romance/2018/01/25/

HIS idea to bring back Tamara Braun.  HIS idea to pair Anna and Dr. Michael Easton.  Whining about not getting to see TJ enough, even though that would be HIS call.  Pivoting to discuss how awesome the "Star Wars" product placement was, probably also HIS idea. 

And, whatever, Michael Fairman, like you would have pressed him on the Genie Francis situation even if the interview had taken place after it happened.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I can't fault the show's Twitter for citing Tony or Bobbie. Tony was a long time ago, it was a good exit and there's no one left on staff who wrote him off, unless we're counting Liz Korte. Bobbie, well, I love Barbara Jean a lot and think she should have more airtime, but I also think Jackie's current issues with performance leave her unable to handle much serious material. And it pains me to say that, and it's often painful to watch her.

As for the interview:

How do you like how the romantic pairing between Michael Easton’s Finn and Finola Hughes’ Anna is playing out on-screen?

FRANK:   I love it.  It was my idea.  Remember when he was John McBain and he used to work for Anna Devane?

Yes. We remember. Sigh.

Jordan, Curtis and Auntie Stella are ridiculous as a 'family unit' - Frank knows there's nothing much there, but he is content to ghettoize them as all soaps do. I love Will's Mom from Fresh Prince - on that show, not this one - but Curtis and Vernee Watson deserve better than to be stuck in the soap opera black corner with no serious story of their own, to say nothing of Tequan Richmond. And no, I'm sorry, Vinessa Antoine is lovely but I don't care about Jordan.

Also, uh:

my last assistant, Donnie Sheldon, I just made him a script writer.  These guys know the show so well, which is great.

Uh... didn't "Donnie Sheldon" date Felix?? Did they write the dude on staff into the show?? I thought Donnie Sheldon was some RL local anchorman, that was bad enough! This is actually far, far more embarrassing!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Uh... didn't "Donnie Sheldon" date Felix?? Did they write the dude on staff onto the show?? I thought Donnie Sheldon was some RL local anchorman? That was bad enough! This is actually far, far more embarrassing!

Yeah, that's what I remember, that it was some RL personality who was doing Nurses' Ball commentary that we only saw the once and then we'd hear Felix mention him every once in a while.  So maybe they just named the "character" after Frank's assistant?

That's what I thought at the time too, but I don't think so anymore. I think real life Donn(y) Sheldon on staff was literally playing Donny Sheldon, a fictional character who was a local TV personality to date Felix. He has an IMDB entry as both a writer and an actor on GH.

It's so fucking weird, dude.

Edited by jsbt

Jordan and Curtis need someone to anchor them as a family, because we don’t get to see enough of TJ (Tequan Richmond).

Maybe if you wrote more for TJ, you'd see more of TR. FFS.

What is Franco so tormented about?  Will this finally be revealed?

FRANK:  It’s a big secret, and there is something.  There is a real reason why he is so tormented. 

WE NEVER CARED.

29 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I know they're only pre-noms, but OSCAR? Really? 

I think in that category, everyone who enters gets a prenom. It might be a way to not hurt the kids' feelings.

Edited by dubbel zout
Ugh, I can't fix the formatting. Sorry!
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What is Franco so tormented about?  Will this finally be revealed?

FRANK:  It’s a big secret, and there is something.  There is a real reason why he is so tormented. 

I'm going with -  he has DID because his mom's boyfriend molested him, and all of his SERIAL KILLING was done by his alter Danco. Also, My Two Dads pushed Drew down the stairs to convince Franco not to tell - so poor, poor Franco expressed his bad touch pain by serial murdering random innocent people, orchestrating the rape of another young boy and pretend raping Jason's wife because he was obsessed with Jason. Also, TUMORS!

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

my last assistant, Donnie Sheldon, I just made him a script writer.  These guys know the show so well, which is great.

Oh, God.

And yes Frank, I should hope that would be a requirement of being a scriptwriter.

HOW did he not get canned along with Ron?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

I just saw on Soap Opera Digest's site that Vanessa Marcil had another miscarriage.  

That's just awful. I know it's harder to carry a baby as you get older, but I was really hoping this one would work out for her. 

• Love 1