Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Would've been a much better bro pic if they'd taken out Roger and put Ryan in instead.

The two Doctor Who episodes that Ryan was in are rerun more frequently than he's on GH. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1

They don't have many options since FV chased off most of GH's other male leads, and is wasting the ones he hasn't lost. DZ and RP remind me of BH and Nl's Umily - like, why does RP have a storyline?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Neptune said:

Oh, goody.  The Borg is back to having a harem.  Just what I wanted to see on what is supposed to be a female-positive medium!  [/Soooooooooo much sarcasm.   So very much sarcasm].

25 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Do they really think JPS and Cohen are viable leading men? (Franco goes without saying.)

Both JPS and Cohen are good actors stuck in thankless, hopeless roles.  And Cohen especially should be the hot new leading man on GH, he got the looks and the talent to make it work, except the showrunners are so fucking inept and dim they keep insisting on pushing the likes of badly aging Maurice Bernard and badly aging Steve Burton.  (RoHo actually isn't much the worse for wear when he isn't sporting the murderhobo look, the issue with him is that his character is actively repellant).

Meanwhile, it goes without saying that every woman on the show daren't look a day over 25 or they are run off on a rail.

• Love 9

I like Matt Cohen but he's pretty much proven he does not have the gravitas or ability to lead on this show. And JPS is very talented but he's not a leading man either. It's like the C team - but it also helps keep the more charismatic if tiresome performers like Howarth, MB/SB etc. prominent. It's the weakest male bench they've had in a long time.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I like Matt Cohen but he's pretty much proven he does not have the gravitas or ability to lead on this show.

His eyes in that picture look like there's nothing going on. He's just boring.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Both JPS and Cohen are good actors stuck in thankless, hopeless roles.  And Cohen especially should be the hot new leading man on GH, he got the looks and the talent to make it work, except the showrunners are so fucking inept and dim

MC hasn't caught on, from what I can tell. He's still here cause the writers/FV like him. imo, he's handsome, but not particularly charismatic, especially since he got the haircut, and he talks with the voice of a lite FM station announcer. He did get a thankless character but unless they pull an Easton with him I don't really think they can fix it at this point.

And as for JPS, he is a leading man on the show at the moment.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Not sure if this is the right place for this comment, but given we usually talk about tweets here - I think it's obnoxious when fan bases jump into any tweet from the show, Frank, CVE, etc.and start bitching about their OTP.

• Love 3

And of course, what LW postulates about the Two Jasons future timeframe is not dissimilar to what FV and Carlivati originally wanted to do with the near-identical and thus relevant to this discussion "Two Todds" storyline at OLTL: String it out for a long time to keep the audience guessing as to who's Jason and play off the various fanbases. At OLTL they'd supposedly planned to keep rotating the truth and potential couplings for a year or more, before Trevor St. John left and the show was cancelled. Frank was devoted to this story and Van Etten is from that old team - I can't recall if Altman is.

I still think Miller will be gone by 2019 (regardless of what the show may want) and I have zero doubt Burton is Jason. But I would expect a false 'reveal' that Miller is the genuine article soon, to keep things going.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Oh, goody.  The Borg is back to having a harem.  Just what I wanted to see on what is supposed to be a female-positive medium!  [/Soooooooooo much sarcasm.   So very much sarcasm].

Both JPS and Cohen are good actors stuck in thankless, hopeless roles.  And Cohen especially should be the hot new leading man on GH, he got the looks and the talent to make it work, except the showrunners are so fucking inept and dim they keep insisting on pushing the likes of badly aging Maurice Bernard and badly aging Steve Burton.  (RoHo actually isn't much the worse for wear when he isn't sporting the murderhobo look, the issue with him is that his character is actively repellant).

Meanwhile, it goes without saying that every woman on the show daren't look a day over 25 or they are run off on a rail.

MB really has aged terribly, and frankly I find ALL of his love scenes repugnant.  I pray they don't have a story where he cheats on Carly only because that will mean more MB love scenes.  Steve Burton I don't think is aging as badly as Mo, but his supposedly being Billy Miller's twin, and prancing around in bright pink lipstick, doing him NO favors. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, CeChase said:

MB really has aged terribly, and frankly I find ALL of his love scenes repugnant.  I pray they don't have a story where he cheats on Carly only because that will mean more MB love scenes.  Steve Burton I don't think is aging as badly as Mo, but his supposedly being Billy Miller's twin, and prancing around in bright pink lipstick, doing him NO favors. 

Roger and Steve can pass for twins before Billy and Steve ever could.

• Love 6
On 11/22/2017 at 0:40 PM, jsbt said:

I like Matt Cohen but he's pretty much proven he does not have the gravitas or ability to lead on this show. And JPS is very talented but he's not a leading man either. It's like the C team - but it also helps keep the more charismatic if tiresome performers like Howarth, MB/SB etc. prominent. It's the weakest male bench they've had in a long time.

On 11/22/2017 at 1:36 PM, ulkis said:

MC hasn't caught on, from what I can tell. He's still here cause the writers/FV like him. imo, he's handsome, but not particularly charismatic, especially since he got the haircut, and he talks with the voice of a lite FM station announcer. He did get a thankless character but unless they pull an Easton with him I don't really think they can fix it at this point.

And as for JPS, he is a leading man on the show at the moment.

Yet when Steve Burton was playing someone with actual morals, he was probably more milquetoast than Matt Cohen. They could do better by MC. They could do better by all the actors. It is a lot more difficult to play a good guy than a bad one. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

That picture is the most I've liked RoHo since he turned up as Franco

The more I see of him, the less I like him and I already can't stand the guy.

12 hours ago, Neptune said:

lol that's my Twitter

On 11/27/2017 at 2:52 PM, dubbel zout said:

No, I don’t.

I watched some of it. I stopped early on, because there were too many current fake country stars and not enough legends, but I like country, even if I like classic/underground country more than the current mainstream stuff. 

...Please don't judge me.  I feel like I'm trouble now. -_- :P

(If it's any help, I didn't see the Tweet until just now!)

And so things stay on topic:

Reba has been a fan of all the ABC soaps since at least the 70's, so there's even a soap connection here, even if I'm one of the only ones to remember it. :) 

Edited by UYI
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Whoever is doing GH’s social media is terrible. One great picture of Donnell Turner doesn’t change that.

He's awful and it's so transparent he promoted all of the flops like crazy. Everything is pretty much MS and RH stanning RMFE.

• Love 1