Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I felt similar when Robin popped in to talk Sonny out of suicide last year, or even when Stone showed up this summer.  It's a little more forgivable here, IMO.  A conversation between them about coming back from the dead and the emotional fallout could be really interesting.

Yeah, they actually have so much to discuss....including her originally leaving to save who she thought was him, escaping with a man who looked like him, being held captive for years, coming back...I'm afraid something will be left out. Regardless, this is the first time Jason will be seeing Robin since her "death" and that should be a quality scene on its own. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Neptune said:

BH looks stunning.  However, IIC are way too consumed with promoting RoHo than a twenty year vet.  I don't remember seeing male co-stars featured on Kelly's picture.  Sheesh.

10 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Not like the statement isn't true. Roger Hogworth needs her far more than she needs him. 

This!  BH's male leads come and go, but she manages to make her pairings work no matter what shit is thrown her way.  I am really pissed at how much this show is pimping RoHo.  

• Love 3

Yeah, I figure it'll be TB and one of the Jason's and KeMo and one of the Jason's. meanwhile if they are going to tie Drew to Oscar could they please recast Oscar and Joss? because they are both terrible -  individually and together

• Love 1

IDK I think JEAN was the big RoHo propper. I mean look at the writing already since she "left." People actually get to be mad at Franco, call him out and give him a well-deserved beating. And Friz is already being put through the wringer with his obsession and lies so... I don't think Frank cares about Friz at all. He cares about keeping RoHo unfortunately and we're stuck with him until we get a new EP or he leaves (hopefully) but it's clear he doesn't care about what happens to the character. I mean he put him with Carly for almost 2 years. 

• Love 2

“General Hospital” will participate in ABC's “Share the Joy” campaign in support of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Foundation for a fourth year. Each year, the Toys for Tots campaign is incorporated into several episodes throughout the Christmas holiday, helping to raise awareness about the organization.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/ABC-announces-25-Days-of-Christmas-programming-456448713.html

KIMBERLY MCCULLOUGH BACK TO GH

Kimberly McCullough is headed back to Port Charles for another Robin reprisal, and this time around, she will share her first scenes in five years with Steve Burton. “I watch the show, so I was very excited,” McCullough tells Digest of getting the call to enter the Jason/Patient 6 fray. “And also curious to see how the writers were going to explain all of this!” The actress last appeared in May

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/kimberly-mccullough-back-gh-2/

HILLARY B. SMITH RETURNS TO GH

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/hillary-b-smith-returns-gh/

WES RAMSEY ON HIS NEW GH GIG

On November 14, Wes Ramsey (ex-Sam, GUIDING LIGHT; ex-Owen, DAYS) will make his GH debut in the new role of Peter August. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/wes-ramsey-new-gh-gig/

RICK HEARST JOINS DYNASTY REBOOT

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rick-hearst-joins-dynasty-reboot/

8 hours ago, BF4L said:

He cares about keeping RoHo unfortunately and we're stuck with him until we get a new EP or he leaves (hopefully) but it's clear he doesn't care about what happens to the character. I mean he put him with Carly for almost 2 years.

Characters don't have front burner stories if they're not in a relationship. And Cartini ignored Carly's history with Franco and tried to force that creepy relationship (also despite the fact that she had both better chemistry and better story with SK's AJ) for two years because Carly is the lead female.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Characters don't have front burner stories if they're not in a relationship. And Cartini ignored Carly's history with Franco and tried to force that creepy relationship (also despite the fact that she had both better chemistry and better story with SK's AJ) for two years because Carly is the lead female.

True but Frank would just force him with whoever. Friz was Jean’s star couple. I don’t think Frank cares who he’s paired with as long as he’s front burner. We’ve already seen that Franco’s not being propped by every single character anymore. People get to have his freaking guts.

20 hours ago, Neptune said:

WES RAMSEY ON HIS NEW GH GIG

On November 14, Wes Ramsey (ex-Sam, GUIDING LIGHT; ex-Owen, DAYS) will make his GH debut in the new role of Peter August. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/wes-ramsey-new-gh-gig/

RICK HEARST JOINS DYNASTY REBOOT

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/rick-hearst-joins-dynasty-reboot/

Oh Wes Ramsey.  "It was a total coincidence that I, the boyfriend of the show's female lead, just happened to catch the EP's eye".  Whatever, bro.

But ooh, Rick Hearst on "Dynasty", here for it.  The reboot's been kinda mindlessly fun and actually soapy, unlike this show.  For example, someone got shoved into an empty grave in the second episode.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve always LOVED Kimberly. Her latest post on her site just makes me love her into infinity.

May Gloria Monty ROT.?

An excellent post for sure, thanks for sharing!

(Also, it seems as though the crude-talking older actor in question must've been Michael Sutton? Damn. Another piece of my childhood is now tarnished).

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

An excellent post for sure, thanks for sharing!

(Also, it seems as though the crude-talking older actor in question must've been Michael Sutton? Damn. Another piece of my childhood is now tarnished).

No, it wasn’t Michael. Kimberly mentions he was a day player and that she was 14 at the time. And that said jerk went on to become a big star. One, Michael was 19, and he was a regular on the show for two years; Two, she and Michael are good friends to this day.

• Love 5

That would have been in either 1991 or early 1992, during GM's ill-fated second GH stint, the one where she caused so much damage to the show, ABC finally fired her and brought in Wendy Riche.

This makes me want to watch clips and try to figure out who it was. Robin was interested in a guy named Roger during that time period, but I think he was Kim's age in real life, and I don't think he became famous later.

2 minutes ago, UYI said:

That would have been in either 1991 or early 1992, during GM's ill-fated second GH stint, the one where she caused so much damage to the show, ABC finally fired her and brought in Wendy Riche.

This makes me want to watch clips and try to figure out who it was. Robin was interested in a guy named Roger during that time period, but I think he was Kim's age in real life, and I don't think he became famous later.

And Michael Sutton arrived around 1993.

Kimberly said they changed the scene so he kissed her on the cheek. I don’t know if they changed the scene-at Robin’s front door. So that should indicate who it was. I bet if Finola and Tristan were there, she could have gone to them (I’m basing this on the close relationship they have).

But Kimberly is AWESOME. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, UYI said:

I think it might be him, actually. I couldn't find any clips but imdb says there was a Roger in 1992 played by Jeremy Davies, who was born in October 1969 (so 22 years old for most of 1992). GH is his first credit listed. He's obviously not A-list or anything but he's done a lot of both tv and movies. 

• Love 1

Oh, man. I hate to hear that. I have a lot of respect for Davies as an actor, without knowing anything about him as a person or a colleague. But I think it must be him, if he played the character of Roger, he was 22 at the time, and the actor was someone who went on to do big projects. Saving Private RyanSolaris (the George Clooney version). His brilliant turn as Manson in the otherwise unnecessary Helter Skelter remake miniseries. Faraday on Lost. He's had a great career, and I thought he was special the first time I saw him, in David O. Russell's first film, Spanking the Monkey. So I could see Gloria Monty pronouncing him a great actor when he hadn't done much (or anything at all that was filmed, judging by IMDb). That just isn't something someone in the business would say lightly about a short-termer on a daytime soap.    

Good sleuthing, elwooddowd.  Bummer. I hope, if we are right, he has not caused distress to female costars since then.  

• Love 3

That will be interesting to see. I'm not sure Braun had the kind of stardom she could take with her.  She had a lot of Carly fans in her corner when she was Carly, and most of them transferred that over to the Laura Wright version (after saying "Uh, no" to Carl Lee). I know she played characters on AMC and DOOL, but did she ever hit the level of being a big signing for any of the remaining soaps? Like, you know, "In just one week...Tamara Braun is coming to [show]!" I do think Sarah Brown had that.  

• Love 1

It'd be nice and insider-soapy (and a laugh riot for me) if Sonny became attracted to Tamara Braun's new character for . . . reasons.

Edited by rur
doubled comment
  • Love 4

See, OGJason was okay at first. When he first woke up, and didn't remember anyone. When he was friends with Robin, then when he was at the Nurses Ball, picked up Robin in his arms and walked off the stage with her. Their early romance. Before Mooby got his poisonous hooks into him and brought him over to the murdering side. He emoted. With Robin, was the ONLY time I saw some REAL FUGLY CRYING from Burton. Then the SheBeast happened, with showing up on his doorstep, preggers, and it all went to hell. I we had a brief respite, when Sarah Brown went off on maternity leave. 

I can't recall when Jason became the HITMAN, though. Not that it matters. sigh...

54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Before Mooby got his poisonous hooks into him and brought him over to the murdering side.

Some always forget this but Sonny wasn't always this 100% cheerleader for Jason to be in the mob. He had key moments trying to talk him out of it, and warning him, but Jason made his own choice. 

That also reminds me of one of my favorite Sonny/Jason scenes was after JnR's first break up and Jason came back to confront Sonny for firing him. "Robin loves you. Do you know how lucky that makes you? You will never in your life have anything that good again." True dat, Sonny.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I do too. But at least Sonny had several years of good writing and character development. This iteration of Julian Jerome has been a shitty mess since his introduction in the midst of that craptacular Fluke story

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at WdV’s frustration that viewers forgive everything Sonny does but not Julian. That’s one of the differences between being the lead and being supporting.

Lawd.  There are GH fans that hate Sonny with the heat of 1,000 suns and want him either dead or gone permanently from the show.  For me, Julian should have been a short term character.

• Love 3

I kinda get his being annoyed that Jean and Shelly really thought they could walk back holding a knife - the knife that was used to kill her mother - to Alexis' throat.  "Oh William, writing you out of this corner will be a snap!".  Not.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda get his being annoyed that Jean and Shelly really thought they could walk back holding a knife - the knife that was used to kill her mother - to Alexis' throat.  "Oh William, writing you out of this corner will be a snap!".  Not.

I don't think they did. I think they were going to write him out and then someone went over FV's head. The writing was set-up for an exit, everyone was warning Alexis how Julian hadn't REALLY changed, Julian fantasized about drowning Alexis in that Tub in the Middle of the Den, etc etc.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's possible.  But weren't they also reassuring fans right when it happened that it wasn't the end of Julian and Alexis?

I think that was a month later after the knife scenes. If it was sooner though they could have just been lying through their teeth.

• Love 1