Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

From how NLG described it on her Twitter feed yesterday, daytime actors will not be included in the strike if it happens at the end of the month. Daytime actors are not part of the deal that's set to expire. Actors would be violating their contracts if they didn't continue to go to work.

This right here, which I had read on Deadline. The writers, of course, are a different story.

• Like 2

I think this goes back to the old AFTRA days before it merged with SAG.  (Turns out, not everything has completely merged).  For some insane troll logic, the contracts are written so that soap actors/soaps are still lumped in with tv reporters/talk show hosts and they're pretty much not allowed to strike.

It's kind of like the old days when nighttime and daytime tv were considered separate and drastically different things- a la AFTRA = radio/daytime and SAG= nighttime.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Here’s an article explaining why GH is still in production and why its actors will continue to act, whether they like it or not:

https://deadline.com/2023/06/soaps-actors-working-sag-aftra-strike-scripts-written-1235418533/

So it looks like we won’t be getting a break from GH, after all. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Also:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/stephen-a-smith-is-latest-celeb-vying-for-pat-sajaks-wheel-of-fortune-gig/

BWHAHAA! I guess this is the latest stop on his quest to become Greatest TV Personality of All Time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Here’s an article explaining why GH is still in production and why its actors will continue to act, whether they like it or not:

https://deadline.com/2023/06/soaps-actors-working-sag-aftra-strike-scripts-written-1235418533/

So it looks like we won’t be getting a break from GH, after all. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Also:

https://nypost.com/2023/06/15/stephen-a-smith-is-latest-celeb-vying-for-pat-sajaks-wheel-of-fortune-gig/

BWHAHAA! I guess this is the latest stop on his quest to become Greatest TV Personality of All Time. 

They are using fi-core and non-member writers. If any of those are not the show’s regular writers, it could be interesting to see what we get

• Like 2
  • Useful 8

Apparently NLG Twitter account got hacked… honestly it’s not surprising that they targeted her. Twitter is not a nice SM anymore… too many ugly tweets and stupid fights. I wonder when they are going to finally pull the plug on this thing? 

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Apparently NLG Twitter account got hacked… honestly it’s not surprising that they targeted her. Twitter is not a nice SM anymore… too many ugly tweets and stupid fights. I wonder when they are going to finally pull the plug on this thing? 

I just looked.  You are right, she's been hacked.  People are interacting with her, fans, trying to find out what's wrong, and they don't realize they're talking to an it not to her.  It's asking them for money and they still don't get it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

Indeed. NLG didn’t have any intention to leave GH anytime soon & hopefully it’s resolved soon but I don’t have any faith in it why?

The value of blue check verification is kaput and irrevocably damaged.

I don’t need to explain anymore about it. It is just useless now.  

• Like 4

“It’s getting everyone excited and it's a testament to how good [General Hospital executive producer] Frank Valentini and [casting director] Mark Teschner are at their jobs.”

I suppose he had to praise Frank, but still…🙄

• Love 1

THE LATEST

GH’S HALEY PULLOS ENTERS NOT GUILTY PLEA

June 28, 2023 12:19PM

According to TMZ, Haley Pullos, who has been charged with two felony counts (one of DUI causing injury, one of driving with a .08 blood alcohol concentration) and one misdemeanor count of hit-and-run in the wake of the freeway collision she was involved in this past April, has entered a plea of not guilty. The actress, who began playing Molly on GH in 2009, has been on leave from the show since the car crash, and Holiday Mia Kriegel has been filling in.

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I truly hope she will learn from this.  

And that she will be able to take care of that person's hospital bills.

Well, her insurance company will take care of the hospital bills. Whether she personally pays is up to the courts. But that’s why we have insurance! They’ll likely settle out of court.

as for the criminal charges, I’m not surprised she pleaded not guilty. It will be interesting to see what happens from here. The DA could go easy and offer a plea deal that’s contingent on her staying sober, or he may want to come down harder on her to set an example. If this is her first offense, I suspect it will be the former. If she relapses, that’s a whole other ball game.

• Useful 1
Just now, ciarra said:

Where does it say that?  All I've seen is "temporary" recast.

It doesn’t.  Just speculating.  The news is just so bad that I don’t see her returning.

• Like 4
(edited)

Good for NAC. I’m not surprised. With GH only being his first acting gig, he’s shown how talented he is. I’ve long thought he’d be out as soon as his contract was up. That Jeffrey Dahmer series was huge so this could seriously launch him. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 7
49 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Good for NAC. I’m not surprised. With GH only being his first acting gig, he’s shown how talented he is. I’ve long thought he’d be out as soon as his contract was up. That Jeffrey Dahmer series was huge so this could seriously launch him. 

Yep it won't be long before he starts appearing in sightings on deuxmoi lmao.  Not that I wish that on anyone and certainly not on him!  But wait till the fangirls get a load of him. 

• Like 2

I think we are all aware that pie time with NAC is limited so watching the writers waste time assing around with Spencer is ultra annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers marry him to Esme to get him a firm grip on the giant baby.

• Like 8
(edited)

Meh.  Like I said, I don’t think he’s all that great anyway.  But it’s Ryan Murphy so he’s…yeah.  Guess they’ll be throwing a real Emmy at him soon enough and his head will get even bigger.

Will be funny to see how they write him out if he leaves.  Are they going to recast or will Spencer and Trina ride off into the sunset?

And why does he look better in that picture with that article than he does on the show?

Edited by superdeluxe
12 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

his head will get even bigger.

I’ve seen nothing to indicate that NAC has a huge ego. His character, sure. But the actor has been extremely humble and grateful for the opportunity he’s been given on GH. Curious if you’ve seen something different?

• Like 16
19 hours ago, paisley said:

I think we are all aware that pie time with NAC is limited so watching the writers waste time assing around with Spencer is ultra annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers marry him to Esme to get him a firm grip on the giant baby.

I still think it's at least partly a stall on showing more interracial romance, which they do In fits and starts. But their whole weird approach to Esme having amnesia = redemption was tiresome months ago. AP is very talented but I'm never, ever going to buy that.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/1/2023 at 12:01 AM, ciarra said:

I think NC would be a better Erik than Lyle. 

Nah, I can agree with this. NC bulked up way too much to be a believable Erik. He also has the square face that Lyle has. Erik's face was more triangular.

It's kind of funny that both Spencers have managed to find work in the Ryan Murphy Universe. Good for both of them. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
(edited)
On 6/28/2023 at 11:53 PM, Artsda said:

I agree she's done.  They fired others for less. 

I would assume.  It's the fact that she seriously hurt somebody else that is going to make it impossible for them to just wish her well in rehab and then welcome her back.  

She ought to thank her lucky stars the other driver lived, at least.  Hopefully the other driver is not permanently injured in any way!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 6/30/2023 at 7:14 PM, DanaK said:

Nicholas Chavez will be taking a leave of absence when the production of Monster gets underway, which will be after the writers strike is over. The show does not intend to bring in a temp actor to play Spencer. Also, the lady who stepped into play Molly short term is staying at least through the Summer

https://tvline.com/news/nicholas-alexander-chavez-leaving-general-hospital-spencer-recast-gh-1235007480/

I think we all saw his star potential from Day 1 and expected this, but I'm really pleased for him. How amazing that he was about to quit acting altogether when he got cast on GH. Mark Teschner has an eye for young talent. 

• Like 9

If he was in a really compelling storyline, I'd hope Mr. Chavez would return long enough to bring it to a satisfying conclusion.  But since he isn't.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Kin Shriner and Marcus Coloma have some kind of "one minute mysteries" series called 2 Dicks, and right now Sarah Joy Brown is one of the guest stars. I think the show is mainly on either of their Instagrams. (The wackiness level makes it not really my thing, but she looks great!)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Tristan Rogers just said "the show" is going dark for two weeks. I assume he means GH,  but if so he didn't say if it's about the strike or not.

I’ve seen previous references to a July hiatus so believe/hope it’s a scheduled thing. 

edited: here’s a reference to last year’s

https://www.soapcentral.com/general-hospital/news/2022/0729-general-hospital-back-in-production-following-summer-hiatus.php

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

🤣 Michael and Willow are a dud? 

https://apple.news/AK7FkF_1HQyOmmH5PxLHu3Q

“Nothing about Michael and Willow is working. However, instead of paying attention to the outcry over how insulting their storyline has been (more on that later), the powers that be continue to place them at the forefront of everything.

Read More: https://www.thelist.com/1330911/general-hospital-michael-willow-insufferable-couple/“

I love it!!

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

“Beyond the real-life implications, the characters themselves are equally maddening to endure each weekday. They both withhold secrets from each other but portray a holier-than-thou attitude toward everyone they encounter. It's as if Michael and Willow bathed in a sea of hypocrisy and can't stop drowning in their own self-righteousness. Time is up for Michael and Willow. Suggesting some sort of conflict to come between them wouldn't even accomplish much because the powers that be always find a way to push them through it. They are a weak couple. The weakest of the weak. End their exhausting marriage, and save a show that used to be great.”

I want to marry this author lol!

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2