Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Turning Over A New Peach

• Start Topic

Kim is determined to forge ahead on her directing career, and steer clear of drama with Kenya in the process. Also, Kenya is conflicted when her aunt grills her about her new boyfriend, and Phaedra and her two sons take an emotional trip to visit Apollo.
  • Love 1

I only stopped binge watching House of Cards to see if there was any Ayden or Mr. President. Those two boys are so freaking cute and intelligent I can't stand it. Hearing Dylan talking about karate and kissing Ayden was adorable. He's really grown up. Nice manners by Ayden thanking the man for helping him get in the car too.

Apollo is an idiot who ruined his life but hopefully those beautiful boys will continue to thrive.

• Love 22

The highlight of the episode was Ayden and Dylan, those boys are so bright and adorable. I think he scene with them and Phaedra in the hotel in the morning is the most I've ever enjoyed Phaedra. Second most enjoyable thing was The Melting Pot. I have a lot of good memories of that place. Went to that very one on my 25th birthday. Sadly I'm not 36 and can no longer eat that stuff without having to workout for ten hours.

Matt and Kenya, while I'd like to buy it, I just can't.

Kim needs to not do the voiceover for the 'mercial.

It's interesting to see Porsha at work. She seems to know how to work the hair and makeup aspect of things, but the actual nitty gritty of the photo shoot, not so much. Or the nitty gritty of the business itself

Why is Lauren stopping work at 7 months? Really?

• Love 7

Matt takes Kenya to the Melting Pot so she has to cook!!! I love it!! Highlight of the show for me. I think they have a good future ahead of them.

The boys were so cute, I wonder what new job Ayden is thinking about for himself?

• Love 7
(edited)

Nice to see Kandi's having a baby boy, but watching Mama Joyce attempts at being nice with Todd reminded me of Sheldon Cooper attempting to smile. Who is this shady doctor Kandi and Todd are seeing giving them sex advice and telling Todd what "push gift" to get for Kandi. Is it me or is the concept of a "push gift" crass and low-class?

Kim spoke to her mentor(?) about the commercial and discussed Kenya's pilot. Kim was a lot more professional about Kenya than I could be! Say, is that a TV Land award on her desk behind her?

Phaedra meets her divorce lawyer, if memory serves, a famous national ambulance chaser with lockjaw. Did she say Apollo was sent to a prison for dicks? That's not a nice thing to say about him.

I don't care about Kenya's cube-shaped house or her introducing Matt to her aunt. Wait, didn't she says she already finished those things she said need done in her solo interview?

Porsha's dogs crap in her house and then she screws up a saying. Yeah, the brains of a paper cup.

Cynthia visits Kim to see the commercial. It wasn't bad , but there's not a lot you can do to advertise sunglasses.

Meanwhile, Phaedra visits Kandi with a gift of nipple cream and fills her in on Jamaica. Please, don't.

Cynthia and Porsha do photo work for one of Porsha's pretend businesses. What the heck is a "naked lingerie shoot"? Porsha's goofing off cost them the daylight, after the cameraman explained it a few times, but Cynthia killed it with the indoor shot.

Meanwhile, Phaedra takes kids to see Apollo, but since no cameras were allowed, we didn't see anything interesting.

Kenya goes on a date with Matt to the Melting Pot. Bored now.

Holy crap! The season "finally" is next ep?

ETA:

Name correction.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3

I have read the rumors that Production/Bravo made Phaedra take the boys to see Apollo BUT I must say, I think this is the most "real" I have ever seen her. I enjoyed seeing the mother/sons dynamic they have going. Those 2 kids are adorable!

• Love 13

Nice to see Kandi's having a baby boy, but watching Mama Joyce attempts at being nice with Todd reminded me of Sheldon Cooper attempting to smile. Who is this shady doctor Kandi and Todd are seeing giving them sex advice and telling Todd what "push gift" to get for Kandi. Is it me or is the concept of a "push gift" crass and low-class?

Kim spoke to her mentor(?) about the commercial and discussed Kenya's pilot. Kim was a lot more professional about Kenya than I could be! Say, is that a TV Land award on her desk behind her?

Phaedra meets her divorce lawyer, if memory serves, a famous national ambulance chaser with lockjaw. Did she say Apollo was sent to a prison for dicks? That's not a nice thing to say about him.

I don't care about Kendra's cube-shaped house or her introducing Matt to her aunt. Wait, didn't she says she already finished those things she said need done in her solo interview?

Porsha's dogs crap in her house and then she screws up a saying. Yeah, the brains of a paper cup.

Cynthia visits Kim to see the commercial. It wasn't bad , but there's not a lot you can do to advertise sunglasses.

Meanwhile, Phaedra visits Kandi with a gift of nipple cream and fills her in on Jamaica. Please, don't.

Cynthia and Porsha do photo work for one of Porsha's pretend businesses. What the heck is a "naked lingerie shoot"? Porsha's goofing off cost them the daylight, after the cameraman explained it a few times, but Cynthia killed it with the indoor shot.

Meanwhile, Phaedra takes kids to see Apollo, but since no cameras were allowed, we didn't see anything interesting.

Kenya goes on a date with Matt to the Melting Pot. Bored now.

Holy crap! The season "finally" is next ep?

She is a real OBGYN and also a cast member on another Bravo show "Married To Medicine".

Both of Porsha's businesses, hair extensions/lingerie are actually real businesses, not just for the camera/show. LOL 

• Love 5

Kandi really gets on my damned nerves.  Why is she so against people trying to rebuild their friendships?  Of course she has to roll her eyes at Cynthia and Nene mending their friendship and Nene and Sheree mending theirs.  She's the worst grudge holder ever.  I like that Nene and Sheree are friends again.  I'm tired of all the feuding on this show.  I like to see these women having fun together.  It just makes for a better show.  So suck it Kandi you old party poop!

Phaedra's kids are the cutest!  I love how Dylan is now kissing Ayden's knees where a few episodes ago he was trying to push him around.  So darned cute!

So we have Cynthia modeling for Porsha and her lingerie line and a few episodes ago Cynthia was trying to kick Porsha's uterus out.  See Kandi, people do make up even after the worst fights. 

• Love 16

Kandi really gets on my damned nerves.  Why is she so against people trying to rebuild their friendships?  Of course she has to roll her eyes at Cynthia and Nene mending their friendship and Nene and Sheree mending theirs.  She's the worst grudge holder ever.  I like that Nene and Sheree are friends again.  I'm tired of all the feuding on this show.  I like to see these women having fun together.  It just makes for a better show.  So suck it Kandi you old party poop!

Phaedra's kids are the cutest!  I love how Dylan is now kissing Ayden's knees where a few episodes ago he was trying to push him around.  So darned cute!

So we have Cynthia modeling for Porsha and her lingerie line and a few episodes ago Cynthia was trying to kick Porsha's uterus out.  See Kandi, people do make up even after the worst fights. 

LOL, I agree! Especially since we are watching her and Phaedra mending their friendship AFTER they had a falling out. Can we say that Kandi is talking out of both ends! LOL

• Love 3

Kandi let Don Juan and her Mother talk about Todd like a dog so I don't know why she's upset. Yeah people can have fights, say horrible things but time passes and you can move on.

• Love 10

Ayden and Dylan are so stinking cute. Karate indeed. What a shame Apollo is missing their growing up. It's his own fault but sad for those boys. I agree, Phaedra is best when with those kids. They humanize her.

• Love 10
(edited)

I can't imagine Apollo with a Mohawk.  It had to be a bit of a shock for Ayden to see him looking like that after not seeing him for so long.  Poor little guy.  He didn't seem pleased at all. 

I wonder if Phaedra was throwing a little shade Kandi's way when she said that nobody who had a strong opinion on whether she should take the kids to visit their dad in prison has actually even come by to check on her kids to see if they're ok.  I kind of agree with Phaedra.  Everybody had their strong opinions on how she should raise her kids and what she should do but their concern ended there.  Not a visit, not a card, not a letter.  Oh well.  You know what they say.  Opinions are like assholes.  Everyone has one. 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 17

She is a real OBGYN and also a cast member on another Bravo show "Married To Medicine".

That's why I called her shady. I don't trust reality TV show doctors.

Both of Porsha's businesses, hair extensions/lingerie are actually real businesses, not just for the camera/show. LOL

I may have misspoken. Judging by how much effort she seems to put into them, they seem more like hobbies than businesses.

• Love 5

They are not hobbies.  Porsha has been working on the lingerie line for over a year now and even had a launch party last year for the new line.  Her hair line is also very profitable.  She actually does take both businesses very seriously.

• Love 4
(edited)

Good for Porsha for bouncing back after her divorce from Cordell; she's making her own money, dating, and just enjoying herself overall. The fact that she's has a steady job at Dish Nation, and a few business ventures shows that she's not as dumb as she appears. Kinda like the black Jessica Simpson. I am enjoying her this season.

Phaedra and that sweater (coat?) tho'...yikes.

Kandi really gets on my damned nerves.  Why is she so against people trying to rebuild their friendships? 

Exactly; if she and Phaedra can make amends, why can't Nene do the same with Sheree and Cynthia? That's not being phony or two-faced--as she seemed imply, it's squashing the beef, and starting anew. It happens in relationships all the time. As others mentioned, Nene has been friends with both ladies for years, so I'm sure they bicker and make up all the time. Holding grudges makes one miserable and bitter.

Edited by sereion1
  • Love 6

My take on this week’s episode

I really didn’t miss Kandi at all and her segment was a bit boring and uncomfortably ackward.  Even if they had Moms come with them, the doctor should have discussed the sexual end of the discussion with Mom out of the room.  No doctor should have discusses their sexual activity with anyone other than the two of them.  The fact that Joyce was OK with it was even more creepy.

Kim is professional to the end.  I really like that she put the situation with Kenya into perspective that she feels she would not be able to have a professional collaboration with Kenya and it is best to move on.  Even when Cynthia brought it up at the viewing meeting, she shut it down and went straight into a professional demeanor.  I actually liked the commercial and believe it turned out pretty good.  It is just so much you can do with a commercial about sun glasses. 

Kandi ‘s meeting with Phaedra was a little sketchy at best.  Kandi is just so self absorbed that she cannot get beyond the fact that people fight and make up all the time.  She appears to have such a stick up her butt regarding Nene that she just cannot fanthom that Nene can be friends with people she was angry with before.  In all cases, both Nene and the other person were at fault with the feuds.  Cynthia was just nasty shady with Nene after the “bitch” comment and didn’t let Nene know exactly how she felt and Nene reacted in typical Nene fashion and quoted what we all saw in Cynthia that she is not that loyal and flows with the wind.  As for her and Sheree, they were very close friends before they even got on the show so their falling out just like with Kim (whom Nene says she texts and talks with all the time now) would be only temporary.  Her problems with Phaedra pretty much ended right after she and Phaedra went down to Athens with that guy who was calling Phaedra and Kandi his team of hoes. They seriously bonded when Phaedra was having problems with Apollo and Nene could easily relate to what Phaedra was going through.  Kandi just cannot get that friends go through things and they make up if they are real friends.  I don’t feel that will ever really happen with her and Phaedra. 

Phaedra preparing her kids for the trip to Fort Dix was heart wrenching as it had to be a very tough decision to take them.  I believe it was a good call not to let them know where they were going until it actually happened so that there would be no disappointment.  Grandma came for moral support for Phaedra who also had the divorce papers with her for Apollo to sign.  I am glad we did not have to see the exchange between her and Apollo and it was obvious the meeting was strained at best.  I didn’t know visitors have to stay in the room a set period of time as they are also locked in until the time is up.  It appeared the kids were kind of bored and wanted to leave sooner.  Apollo with a Mohawk…. Yeah… right.

Porsha have finally got the ball rolling with her lingerie line.  She has been working on the line for over a year now and even had David Tutura do her launch party a year or so ago.  I also like that she considered her client base when doing the avertisment shoots for the lingerie.  No size 4 but real women.  I like that.  She even had Cynthia model as well as her curvier friend to show that her line looks good on any size woman.  She may act flaky at times but when it comes to her businesses, she goes straight into professional mode.  Knowing that she will not have her sister’s help for a while, she got right in there and set up the makeup, stying, and set direction like a seasoned pro.  She was also quick thinking when they lost their light source outside and still got a polished product from the shoot.  It is very nice to see this side of Porsha even though most will dwell on her brain fart on cement vs stone comments.

Kenya's aunt was on point in making Kenya really look at her relationship with Matt and where it's heading.  As for the house.  She has a long way to go but there is just a tiny bit of progress.  I cracked up about the door fiasco, tho.  As for the date,  I just feel like with Walter, she is pushing too hard to get something going with Matt and I feel it is way too soon.  She is so desperate to have that baby and family that she tries to rush the relationship and not take it slow like she told her aunt she would do.  On twitter, she is already implying she is pregnant and engaged without actually saying it.  However, she has done this just about every time she gets with any guy.  She really needs to take her aunts advice and take it slow.

• Love 9
I don't care about Kendra's cube-shaped house or her introducing Matt to her aunt.

Maybe, Kenya wants her house to match her fake rear?

Porsha looks good with the shoulder length hair, it frames her face structure really well.

When the photo guy said no women with exaggerated asses for the shoot...has he ever met Porsha?

• Love 6

Fondue is really all I can remember about this episode, that and the thought of Mohawk Apollo makes me giggle.

Damn, now I want some fondue.

I thought it was fondue too but as the dinner went on and the topic of cooking your own food kept coming up i paid closer attention and it seemed that there was a pot in the middle of the table and the guests cook the food to their liking. They even show Kenya drop something in the pot then she places a couple of items on Matts plate.. No fondue in sight.

Why is Lauren stopping work at 7 months? Really?

Why not?

• Love 2
(edited)

The Melting Pot serves hot oil for you to cook your meat or whatever in. They have a separate pot of the cheese so that you can use that for veggies or bread. And a final chocolate pot for dessert.

I wonder if Cynthia has done any type of research into what it costs to air a commercial. I think she's in for a rude awakening, and Papa Smurf will have a fit when he finds out how much it costs. Media buys are not cheap unless you are getting your spot sandwiched in between some infomercial shows in the middle of the night.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 6

Nice filler show.

It's good to see Porsha and Cynthia supporting each other. The pic they released for the line with the two of them was really beautiful.

Kandi annoys me so much. She could really leave the show at this point. She sucks the positive air out of a room. You'd think she'd be cheerful and carefree being happily married, pregnant, and financially well off but she stays with a stank face and disposition whenever she's dealing with the others. Maybe the show just isnt for her anymore.

I can't wait to see how Kenya's house turns out. I love remodels.

Something about Matt rubs me the wrong way. I'm no Kenya fan but she could probably do better. There's nothing OBVIOUSLY wrong with him but I don't know. He seems...simple. And I don't know what he brings to the table besides the obvious, which isn't enough to sustain a marriage and family.

To echo everyone else, the boys are everything. Dylan had me cracking up with wanting to quit karaTAY (shades of Ross gellar there).

• Love 9
(edited)

The Melting Pot serves hot oil for you to cook your meat or whatever in. They have a separate pot of the cheese so that you can use that for veggies or bread. And a final chocolate pot for dessert.

I wonder if Cynthia has done any type of research into what it costs to air a commercial. I think she's in for a rude awakening, and Papa Smurf will have a fit when he finds out how much it costs. Media buys are not cheap unless you are getting your spot sandwiched in between some infomercial shows in the middle of the night.

I would think that Cynthia has already looked into what it takes to get her commercial on the air and buying air time.  She would have to be a real moron not to have already done this. 

Kandi ‘s meeting with Phaedra was a little sketchy at best.  Kandi is just so self absorbed that she cannot get beyond the fact that people fight and make up all the time.  She appears to have such a stick up her butt regarding Nene that she just cannot fanthom that Nene can be friends with people she was angry with before.

To me, Kandi's heart is just as cold as the womb that spit her out.  She favors money over friendship and has been like this ever since her time with Xscape.  She wouldn't even agree to participate in the Xscape reunion in honor of Jermaine Dupri  (Who gave you your start Kandi!!!) because of a grudge she had against Tomika Scott.  She just can't let go of any kind of slight anyone has made against her....EVER!  That's why she will never be friends with Nene and doesn't understand anyone else wanting to be Nene's friend. 

Kandi annoys me so much. She could really leave the show at this point. She sucks the positive air out of a room. You'd think she'd be cheerful and carefree being happily married, pregnant, and financially well off but she stays with a stank face and disposition whenever she's dealing with the others. Maybe the show just isnt for her anymore.

Yes, yes, yes to all of this.  Kandi is becoming a big ole grumpy bore!  I see zero chemistry between her and Todd.  The only time she's ever happy is when she's stuffing her face.  She really can leave this show and I wouldn't miss her one bit.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13
(edited)

Who is this shady doctor Kandi and Todd are seeing giving them sex advice and telling Todd what "push gift" to get for Kandi. Is it me or is the concept of a "push gift" crass and low-class?

It's not just you.  I agree completely that it's crass -- especially when, as in this case, it's presented as something that must be done.  Whatever happened to a healthy baby itself being the "gift"?  

No fondue in sight.

As explained by cooksdelight, it was indeed fondue -- at the Melting Pot, if you do all three fondue courses (which it appears they did), the first course is a cheese fondue eaten with vegetables, fruit and bread; the second course is protein and vegetables, cooked in an oil or broth fondue; the third course is a chocolate fondue eaten with fruit, bite-sized pieces of cake and brownies, etc.  (There's also another optional course -- salad -- that's served before the cheese fondue.)  I love The Melting Pot -- we usually end up going there two to three times a year.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dylan and Ayden were BY FAR the stars of this episode.  The "karate!" was killing me, and the kissing made my ovaries hurt!

I mean, I love how Kenya was acting like fondue was this newfangled concept. Girl, it's been around since the 70s and you are old enough to know that.  I've been going to the Melting Pot since the early 2000s, so I highly doubt she had NEVER been there, or at least never heard of it before. 

I know that Kenya and Matt are still supposedly together, but something about their relationship just seems so forced and fake to me. IDK. 

Is it me or is the concept of a "push gift" crass and low-class?

I wouldn't say it's "low-class" because it's a reallllly big thing with all the wealthy people in the area I used to live (Northern Virginia) but I DO think the whole phenomenon is a bit out-of-control and slightly obnoxious. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 7

I would think that Cynthia has already looked into what it takes to get her commercial on the air and buying air time. She would have to be a real moron not to have already done this.

But..... she married Peter. :)

• Love 16

"I would think that Cynthia has already looked into what it takes to get her commercial on the air and buying air time.  She would have to be a real moron not to have already done this."

I vote moron.

• Love 13

Why is Kenya getting herself all involved with a 28 year old. Not buying it for one second. They just don't fit, they don't seem natural. He obviously has no money or much a future so how long is Kenya going to be interested. Long enough to try to get a baby out of the deal, no doubt.  

I wonder how Apollo felt when the boys were not all that excited to see him and ready to bolt after an hour. I hope it made him feel like total shit. I always agreed with Phaedra on the prison visit deal. Those kids are just to young to drag them to another state and take them to see Apollo. It is a huge ordeal for young children.  So Kandi needs to shut her mouth about her opinion on Apollo getting his visits.  And what's his reason for not wanting to sign the divorce papers? That marriage is over and he knows it.  Just being an asshole as usual, I guess.

• Love 9

what feels like the world's longest pregnancy

You mean since Phaedra's first one. right?

An awkward slab of cement at the bottom of a hill Kenya keeps describing as "nearly finished," in reality it feels like the project hasn't even started

Sounds like Kenya hired the same contractors as Sheree...

• Love 3

I'm really happy that Todd & Mama Joyce are getting along. It seems genuine. But not good for tv - her segments are a snoozefest. Bravo, feel free to ax.

Kenya - your Aunt Laurie is such a hater! It's not hard to imagine what her house will eventually look like - I love it so far. Can this old bitch ever just be happy for her?? When they switched to the previous episode with her and her ex Walter I almost spit my water out. She dated that thing!? Jesus Kenya lol. 

I'm convinced Matt is DL.

Phaedra - you are completely right when talking about whats best for your children. As a mother, I understand. For Peter to judge her - God do you even have kids!? I loooove when people have opinions on things that aren't relevant to them - when someone with debt gives financial advice, someone who's divorced gives relationship advice and my favourite someone who childless gives parenting advice. 

It's not just you.  I agree completely that it's crass -- especially when, as in this case, it's presented as something that must be done.  Whatever happened to a healthy baby itself being the "gift"?  

As explained by cooksdelight, it was indeed fondue -- at the Melting Pot, if you do all three fondue courses (which it appears they did), the first course is a cheese fondue eaten with vegetables, fruit and bread; the second course is protein and vegetables, cooked in an oil or broth fondue; the third course is a chocolate fondue eaten with fruit, bite-sized pieces of cake and brownies, etc.  (There's also another optional course -- salad -- that's served before the cheese fondue.)  I love The Melting Pot -- we usually end up going there two to three times a year.

So there's a separate pot with the fondue? I thought the pot Kenya was using was empty and to cook the raw ingredients cause when she pulled out whatever it was and put in on Matts plate it wasn't dripping with anything. Either way sounds like a good place to try.

Why is Kenya getting herself all involved with a 28 year old. Not buying it for one second. They just don't fit, they don't seem natural. He obviously has no money or much a future so how long is Kenya going to be interested. Long enough to try to get a baby out of the deal, no doubt.  

I wonder how Apollo felt when the boys were not all that excited to see him and ready to bolt after an hour. I hope it made him feel like total shit. I always agreed with Phaedra on the prison visit deal. Those kids are just to young to drag them to another state and take them to see Apollo. It is a huge ordeal for young children.  So Kandi needs to shut her mouth about her opinion on Apollo getting his visits.  And what's his reason for not wanting to sign the divorce papers? That marriage is over and he knows it.  Just being an asshole as usual, I guess.

I have to agree about the Kenya/Matt relationship.  It looks like he is just trying to move in and she just wants a baby.  They just don't have much chemistry and I feel her desperation is getting the better of her.

As for Apollo, well he's like a lot of crappy guys.  They know when they lost a good thing and try to hold on the best they can even when it is totally hopeless.

• Love 2
(edited)

Honest confession. I've been a bit apathetic towards Ayden. He was cute to me but just kinda there. No real spark - like Ayden. That is, until last night. I think this is the first time I have ever heard Ayden utter a complete sentence! KARATAE!!! LOL! And with that and all those free & plentiful kisses he was doling out on his mommy and brother in the hotel room - I've officially fallen head over heels for him. So cute! What I love about Phaedra's children the most is despite all the things they have going on in their lives, they both seem like such joyful and intelligent children! Ayden is more articulate than most adults on these HW shows. Both boys have such a light in their eyes. I kinda hate uttering that sentence because I associate it with RHONJ's Caroline who said Danielle's children had no light in their eyes. She wasn't wrong but that is not something that should be said on-screen and it hurts the kids just as much as the mom. Phaedra may not be everyone's cup of tea but so far she is arguably one of the few housewives that if she positioned herself as a 'how to raise kids' guru, I wouldn't scoff at.

Both Kandi and Todd position themselves as champions and good friends of Apollo, so they can help keep Apollo's assets hidden away from the feds and his victims in their garage, offer all kinds of advice on what to and not to do with regards to her kids but can't be bothered to check or spend time with said kids. Kandi and Todd can kick rocks in Birkenstocks. I don't care if Phaedra did turn their asses into the feds. Wouldn't be surprised if she had a duty to report any assets she found. 

Kenya was killing me during the house tour. She kept saying my electric and plumbing is in so all I need is my kitchen and bathroom. Yeah, basically what she needed was a house! She is strolling in a house stripped down to the studs, no drywall, no ceilings, subflooring acting like all it needed was a few fixtures, cabinets and a lick of paint. Girl bye!

I guess both Sheree and Kenya lost the bet of who would be in their home by Christmas. LOL!

Good for Porsha. She maybe as dumb as a paper cup but she is the only one making the most of her HW opportunity. I even give her more credit than Nene, because Porsha has never had the popularity or the opportunities Nene gets thrown her way. She never had the early success and capital of Kandi. Porsha is doing the most with the least.

Okay, I'm just gonna say it.... I find Matt monstrous. Not that he is Shrek ugly or anything but just the combo of that face on that gigantor overly muscled body is too much for me. He seems nice enough, however, I will forever side eye a reality relationship that starts on my screen and before my eyes, especially one involving Kenya.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8

Kandi is a perfect example of outsides aren't everything.  Some people think that if they have all the outside stuff, then their insides will be fine too.  Not true, you can have all the outside stuff and still be grumpy on the inside, hence Kandi.

• Love 6

I am happy for Kenya if Matt is who she wants and the feelings are reciprocated. To me, age doesn't matter as they are both adults. She deserves to be happy and I hope everything works out for her the way she wants.

I am also enjoying Porsha this season. Who knew? I laughed out loud at the guy on the phone saying Porsh and her sister had the brains of a paper cup. And I liked how they laughed at it too.

• Love 6
(edited)

For Peter to judge her - God do you even have kids!? I loooove when people have opinions on things that aren't relevant to them - when someone with debt gives financial advice, someone who's divorced gives relationship advice and my favourite someone who childless gives parenting advice.

Peter has 5 kids by just as many baby's mamas. 

As for Apollo, well he's like a lot of crappy guys.  They know when they lost a good thing and try to hold on the best they can even when it is totally hopeless.

Apollo is such a Neanderthal.  He's one of those "pretty boys" that just can't fathom that his soon to be ex wife who he treated like shit before he went to prison isn't pining away for his return.  He's just as delusional as he was when he thought he could get Kenya to mess around with him.  He has absolutely NOTHING to offer any woman, yet he thinks he's God's gift.  I'm glad Phaedra is over him.  He needs to fade into obscurity where he belongs.  I'm just sorry for those poor babies having him for a father.  I hope he doesn't get out of prison early on good behavior because I honestly think those kids are better off without him.  He just seems like the type who would use them as a weapon to get back at Phaedra no matter how much it would hurt the kids.  He's really bad news.

Honest confession. I've been a bit apathetic towards Ayden. He was cute to me but just kinda there. No real spark - like Ayden. That is, until last night. I think this is the first time I have ever heard Ayden utter a complete sentence! KARATAE!!! LOL!

I think you mean Dylan.  And yes, his personality is just now starting to develop and shine through, or at least what the editors have been choosing to show us.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2
So there's a separate pot with the fondue? I thought the pot Kenya was using was empty and to cook the raw ingredients cause when she pulled out whatever it was and put in on Matts plate it wasn't dripping with anything.

They showed them eating the cheese course (they weren't using the long forks, just dipping bread into it), then the meat course, then the chocolate course.  So they were there at least 90 mins or so.  

You get your choice of flavors for the cheese and chocolate courses, and the meat is/can be seasoned for the entree.  So there's a lot of selection/customization.  It's a good meal option for a dinner where you want to linger and chat.  And cram piping hot cheese and chocolate into your mouth.

• Love 3

Question for anyone who knows Georgia law: Here in N.C., if someone's spouse goes to prison, they can divorce them and they can't do a damn thing about it. Why can't Phaedra, with all her law knowledge, find out if she can do this? Or is this just more manufactured drama?

• Love 1

she can file without his signing.  It is to make sure everything goes smoothly with custody issues that aren't covered by the blanked divorce.  They can still file and the divorce will be finalized but the custody issues can still be contested.

• Love 1

Kandi & Nene have a line where if you cross that line, they can't be friends with you.  Ever.  They can be friendly, they can kee kee and laugh it up but you'll never be their good friend.  This line varies depending on the person.  Kenya also fits into this little group.  This is why Kandi & Nene will never be friends.  That line has been crossed, and so it's over.

Cynthia, Porsha, etc. are more circular where they can have a problem with you but they can circle back around and be friends with you again.

Kandi doesn't operate this way which is why she doesn't understand why Cynthia/Nene or Nene/Sheree can be cool again because she feels like Nene has crossed a line talking about Cynthia & Sheree like she has and if SHE were Cynthia or Sheree she wouldn't be so accepting of Nene again.

Again, the line varies depending on the person.  Phaedra crossed that line by befriending Nene (and talking smack behind Kandi's back).  Phaedra can't ever get back over that line nor should she try because it's a line she'll never get back on the other side of.

Kandi's family and people she considers family (Don Juan, Carmon etc) will always be on Kandi's side of the line so no matter what they say they'll still be on Kandi's side of the line.

• Love 6

KENYA !

People along her that and I don't know if its intentional shade or confusion. I think the name Kenya is beautiful.

I don't know why I used the wrong name. I blame it on being awakened early by my cat.

They are not hobbies.  Porsha has been working on the lingerie line for over a year now and even had a launch party last year for the new line.  Her hair line is also very profitable.  She actually does take both businesses very seriously.

I never heard of these business ventures before watching this show, so I'm basing this on what I am watching on this show, although the few times I've seen Porsha working on them, someone else seems to be doing the heavy lifting.

• Love 2
Again, the line varies depending on the person.  Phaedra crossed that line by befriending Nene (and talking smack behind Kandi's back).  Phaedra can't ever get back over that line nor should she try because it's a line she'll never get back on the other side of.

I honestly think it's the other way around in the Kandi/Phaedra friendship.  This season Kandi has said more than once that she does not know where her friendship with Phedra is, because Pheadra keeps her at a distance.  I think Kandi would like to be close with Pheadra again, but Pheadra is not having it.

Did I hear right Lauren was going on maternity leave at 7 months?

(edited)

Did I hear right Lauren was going on maternity leave at 7 months?

I guess when your boss is your sister, you can get away with this more than if you have a regular job in corporate America or a job making an hourly wage.  Any time I was pregnant, I always had to have a doctor's notice and be on bed rest before I could take off before the baby was born and only got 6 weeks UNPAID leave once the baby was born.  Lauren doesn't look to be in any distress to me.  I wonder if she will still be paid during her time off.

Kandi & Nene have a line where if you cross that line, they can't be friends with you.  Ever.  They can be friendly, they can kee kee and laugh it up but you'll never be their good friend.  This line varies depending on the person.  Kenya also fits into this little group.  This is why Kandi & Nene will never be friends.  That line has been crossed, and so it's over.

I can see this being true for Kandi more so than Nene. Nene seems to be able to remain friends with people she's had the worst knock down drag outs with.  With all of the bad blood between them, she's still friends with Kim Zolciak, Sheree, Cynthia and has even forged a friendship with Phaedra even though in the beginning she was cold as ice toward her.  I have to admit, where it may be true is with people like Claudia and Marlo.  I don't think she will ever be friends with either of them because of their alliance with Kenya and she won't be friends with Kenya because Kenya has openly tried to take over HBIC status on the show and Nene isn't having any of that.  But I do think that given time, she could stil be friends with Marlo because they were so close before, close enough for Marlo to be asked to be a "bridemaid" in her wedding, but only if Marlo severs ties with Kenya.   She will probably never be friends with Claudia for the same reason she will never be friends with Kenya.  Claudia came on the show to specifically dethrone Nene.  I guess you're correct.  That is the line that Nene won't accept anyone crossing.

Edited by swankie

I never heard of these business ventures before watching this show, so I'm basing this on what I am watching on this show, although the few times I've seen Porsha working on them, someone else seems to be doing the heavy lifting.

Porsha launched her lingerie line back in November of 2014 at a launch party, handled by David Tutura.  Since then she has been using facebook and twitter to promote her line as well as promoting it on Dish Nation and on various talk shows such as the Real.  She stated she had a setback when production was stalled last year causing her to release the line late last year.  This was one of the things Lauren was helping on as far as the administrative end was concerned.  She actually have a staff of employees working on her hair line and keeping the online shop up to date as well as having lauren work on promotions logistics for the lingerie line.  She talks about it constantly on her web site.

• Love 2

Cynthia, Porsha, etc. are more circular where they can have a problem with you but they can circle back around and be friends with you again.

Kandi doesn't operate this way which is why she doesn't understand why Cynthia/Nene or Nene/Sheree can be cool again because she feels like Nene has crossed a line talking about Cynthia & Sheree like she has and if SHE were Cynthia or Sheree she wouldn't be so accepting of Nene again.

Kandi's family and people she considers family (Don Juan, Carmon etc) will always be on Kandi's side of the line so no matter what they say they'll still be on Kandi's side of the line.

See now Kandi's getting on the nerves and all but I don't think she's wrong with her side eye of all that cause in all honesty Nene takes shit FAR and in my world yeah, I'd be able to get good again if the circumstances called for it but I wouldn't be acting all clingy like Cynthia. Sheree is doing okay in my book, it doesn't seem like they back to braiding each others hair so I get it but I can't faulter Kandi for being the type that can draw that line and stick to it. Plus I think she see's how disingenuous some of this original friendships were to begin with that these people were able to even go there. Yeah, people go a little too far but when you have real friends there is actual remorse and I don't think Kandi couldn't ever let it go if the true sentiment was there like with her attempts with Phaedra. I think Kandi was more than willing to truly move passed it and get back to their real friendship but Phaedra never seemed to be as committed to that so I see where that friendship won't get back to that place. I think Kandi see's that Nene doesn't ever truly repent. She just stomps around, offends, dismisses and then let time do it's thing and all of a sudden without any real reflection the friendships are up and running again. To me that's all good but I wouldn't call that true in the sense that both parties are invested in one another. It seems more like Nene's friendship restarted just because no one felt like wasting any more energy on keeping a stupid feud alive and not because there were any heartfelt appreciation for these friendships.

• Love 3
(edited)

I guess when your boss is your sister, you can get away with this more than if you have a regular job in corporate America or a job making an hourly wage.  Any time I was pregnant, I always had to have a doctor's notice and be on bed rest before I could take off before the baby was born and only got 6 weeks UNPAID leave once the baby was born.  Lauren doesn't look to be in any distress to me.  I wonder if she will still be paid during her time off.

I can see this being true for Kandi more so than Nene. Nene seems to be able to remain friends with people she's had the worst knock down drag outs with.  With all of the bad blood between them, she's still friends with Kim Zolciak, Sheree, Cynthia and has even forged a friendship with Phaedra even though in the beginning she was cold as ice toward her.  I have to admit, where it may be true is with people like Claudia and Marlo.  I don't think she will ever be friends with either of them because of their alliance with Kenya and she won't be friends with Kenya because Kenya has openly tried to take over HBIC status on the show and Nene isn't having any of that.  But I do think that given time, she could stil be friends with Marlo because they were so close before, close enough for Marlo to be asked to be a "bridemaid" in her wedding, but only if Marlo severs ties with Kenya.   She will probably never be friends with Claudia for the same reason she will never be friends with Kenya.  Claudia came on the show to specifically dethrone Nene.  I guess you're correct.  That is the line that Nene won't accept anyone crossing.

What's this need to FORCE women to work through a pregnancy? I mean I could have gone on maternity leave at my job at 7 months too and had certain things been in place I would have or even earlier. Damn straight. I don't understand this need we have for women to pretend that pregnancy ain't no thang and it's used as an "excuse" to get out of working. I don't think a pregnancy has to technically and clinically be diagnosed as a "hard" one  for a woman to want to or be allowed to take it easy when they are expecting. I'm a grown ass woman I don't need a doctors note to confirm that I'm struggling with what others want to consider "the basics". Or even if I'm not struggling and it's just taking a toll. It's still an undertaking no matter how common it is.  I'm always baffled by this because it's a well known fact that every pregnancy is different and yet we expect women to handle their pregnancies based on one set standard.  I think it's up to each individual woman to decide how to handle her pregnancy based on their own circumstance and situation and I am always confused why there's this shame associated with a women who doesn't want to work themselves to the bone while pregnant or even just work. A lot goes into a pregnancy so why on earth would we implement such a rigid standard on expecting mothers? And demand they follow it? Especially if they don't really have to?  I always wonder this?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9