Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Turning Over A New Peach

• Start Topic

Pretty boring episode to me.

I did enjoy seeing Phaedra with her sons.....they are just adorable. I think Phaedra looks great in her TH's.

Kenya, which Christmas were you shooting for because by the looks of things, your house may not be completed by Christmas 2017. I don't see any chemistry between her and Matt.

Dr Jackie, two adults can surely figure out how to comfortably have sex during pregnancy....that was all so weird.

I think Kandi drew the line first when Phaedra cozied up to Nene b/c Nene was somebody who had bashed both Phaedra & Kandi, so Kandi couldn't understand why Phaedra was running to Nene. 

There was nothing wrong with Kandi side eyeing that situation.

After Kandi drew the line on Phaedra (and didn't check on Phaedra in her time of need), Phaedra was upset and began talking behind Kandi's back with Nene, proving Kandi right about this new Nene/Phaedra alliance, that it was shady & she should keep her distance from Phaedra.

Now Phaedra has seen how Kandi has drawn the line on her but not on Apollo.  Phaedra lowkey blames TODD for Kandi siding with Apollo (which is why she didn't pay Todd his money).  So Phaedra is keeping HER emotional distance from Kandi.

• Love 5

Why is Kenya getting herself all involved with a 28 year old. Not buying it for one second. They just don't fit, they don't seem natural. He obviously has no money or much a future so how long is Kenya going to be interested. Long enough to try to get a baby out of the deal, no doubt.  

I get confused as to how he is 28.  I thought he said he spent 5 yrs each in two different military branches and he's been a personal trainer for a few years in addition.  But it looks like he graduated high school in 2005, so it would be legit.

hammaboo, on 07 Mar 2016 - 5:26 PM, said:

I get confused as to how he is 28.  I thought he said he spent 5 yrs each in two different military branches and he's been a personal trainer for a few years in addition.  But it looks like he graduated high school in 2005, so it would be legit.

Oh I didn't hear him say 2 different military braches - 5 years each.  I thought he just said he was in the military for 5 years, and then a personal trainer for... 3 I think? 

I think Kandi drew the line first when Phaedra cozied up to Nene b/c Nene was somebody who had bashed both Phaedra & Kandi, so Kandi couldn't understand why Phaedra was running to Nene. 

There was nothing wrong with Kandi side eyeing that situation.

After Kandi drew the line on Phaedra (and didn't check on Phaedra in her time of need), Phaedra was upset and began talking behind Kandi's back with Nene, proving Kandi right about this new Nene/Phaedra alliance, that it was shady & she should keep her distance from Phaedra.

Now Phaedra has seen how Kandi has drawn the line on her but not on Apollo.  Phaedra lowkey blames TODD for Kandi siding with Apollo (which is why she didn't pay Todd his money).  So Phaedra is keeping HER emotional distance from Kandi.

I thought all she said was that Kandi wasn't there.  And she wasn't. So stay mad, lil m*****.

• Love 7

This ep could barely hold my attention - and that's not just because I was sick with a fever. Kenya and Matt were just zzzzzzzzz for me. Aunt Lori did crack me up with her "Is she pleased with your performance?" question.

Dylan and Ayden were adorable in this ep. I wonder if there will be any ramifications of the prison visit for them.

I honestly can't remember anything else that happened.

WHY was everyone on this show in the commercial? Why not -- you know -- cast a commercial with real actors. Oh, I don't know --  because this is a fake commercial. Where exactly is this commercial supposed to air? On her website or an app maybe. I haven't seen a commercial yet for ANY product line ANY of these shows' housewives have come up with.

• Love 6

In my case, I didn't implement it, my employer did.

Yes, yes, so true. I remember when I had my first child in 1970 I had to go on maternity leave when I reached the 7th month mark, employer mandated. By the time I had my 4th child, in the 1980s, I was working for the city and I practically had her in the office, as I went on maternity leave in my 9th month.

• Love 2

WHY was everyone on this show in the commercial? Why not -- you know -- cast a commercial with real actors. Oh, I don't know --  because this is a fake commercial. Where exactly is this commercial supposed to air? On her website or an app maybe. I haven't seen a commercial yet for ANY product line ANY of these shows' housewives have come up with.

This is probably just another of the product placement stunts they do when one of the HWs has something they're trying to sell. Same with pimping Peter's bars, The Baily Agency, etc. I've seen it on the other HW shows as well. It would be so expensive for her to run an actual commercial and I just don't think she has the money.

I looked at Porsha's Naked Lingerie website and you see actual real models wearing the products you can order. The photo of her with Cynthia is used at the promo shot. Her stuff is nice, but expensive.

• Love 1

I wouldn't buy 90% of Porsha's collection, but it's nice how she has women of different races and sizes modeling. Good for her.

Cynthia will probably run her 'mercial online. Her sunglasses are like $245-275. She's crazy because they are not that fabulous. I say this as someone who would pay that amount for a pair that I loved and maybe there are some people who will love her styles, but i can't imagine why as they are rather plain.

If I never see Khandi and her family again I will not mind or miss them one bit. On the preview she's wondering if Phaedra told the feds she and Todd were hiding Appollo's shit. If they were coming after Phaedra, I hope she sure did tell because a) she's an officer of the court and b) they were harassing her to recover his assets. Seems like she was smart enough to have her assets in her own name, like that house.

Matt looks to me like he could have a short fuse and get really mad really fast.

• Love 5
(edited)

Kenya and Matt are still together because she's posted photos of him with the two Yorkies he got for her.  Awww.  Gotta love a guy who's not afraid to be photographed cuddling animals. 

Phaedra's soft coppery pink make-up looks lovely in her talking head with the dining room table in the background. The best I've ever seen her. Those boys are too precious. If the prison complex at Fort Dix is so family-friendly, why doesn't it have toys for the children? And yes, visitors are committed for a certain amount of time and can't leave whenever they want. I can see wanting to maximize your time after going through all the hassle to visit an inmate, but considerations should be made for small children with short attentions spans.   

Either Porsha is truly a twit or she was going for a Jessica Simpson moment with the cement/semen instead of set-in-stone mistake. 

What's the point of going to all the effort and expense to make a commercial if it's never aired anywhere except for a two-second clip on the show? If Kim wants to maintain her cred, being associated with a fake commercial probably isn't the best way to go.

Mama Joyce's interaction with Todd seem really fake - and he doesn't look like he's buying her new attitude. 

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 1

Kenya and Matt are still together because she's posted photos of him with the two Yorkies he got for her.  Awww.  Gotta love a guy who's not afraid to be photographed cuddling animals. 

Phaedra's soft coppery pink make-up looks lovely in her talking head with the dining room table in the background. The best I've ever seen her. Those boys are too precious. If the prison complex at Fort Dix is so family-friendly, why doesn't it have toys for the children? And yes, visitors are committed for a certain amount of time and can't leave whenever they want. I can see wanting to maximize your time after going through all the hassle to visit an inmate, but considerations should be made for small children with short attentions spans.   

Either Porsha is truly a twit or she was going for a Jessica Simpson moment with the cement/semen instead of set-in-stone mistake. 

What's the point of going to all the effort and expense to make a commercial if it's never aired anywhere except for a two-second clip on the show? If Kim wants to maintain her cred, being associated with a fake commercial probably isn't the best way to go.

Mama Joyce's interaction with Todd seem really fake - and he doesn't look like he's buying her new attitude. 

Really???

I've heard versions of cementing a decision plenty of times.  It's absolutely not the correct saying, but I wouldn't ever put it on par with, "is this chicken or is this fish?"

Really???

I've heard versions of cementing a decision plenty of times.  It's absolutely not the correct saying, but I wouldn't ever put it on par with, "is this chicken or is this fish?"

Jessica made many stupid comments, that was just the most infamous one. I seriously don't know if Porsha really is that ditzy or she's faking it and thinks she's being cute. 

To me, Kandi's heart is just as cold as the womb that spit her out.  She favors money over friendship and has been like this ever since her time with Xscape.  She wouldn't even agree to participate in the Xscape reunion in honor of Jermaine Dupri  (Who gave you your start Kandi!!!) because of a grudge she had against Tomika Scott.  She just can't let go of any kind of slight anyone has made against her....EVER!  That's why she will never be friends with Nene and doesn't understand anyone else wanting to be Nene's friend.

Girl I only know this because I just watched this Unsung which hurt my heart because Who Can I Run To is one of my favorite think I can sing a longs of ever.  This is Meeka's version of the story.  When Kandi was asked about this, she explained that a couple years before it, the Scott sisters wanted to launch an Xscape comeback.  Tiny signed on and they just had to get Kandi to agree.  She said she wasn't opposed to getting back together but none of the issues that caused the break up had been resolved.  Then, according to Kandi, Tomika called her up and said well, regardless we're getting the group back together so either you come back out with us or sign over your rights to Xscape (essentially giving the remaining members legal permission to replace her and continue using the name Xscape).   Tomika admits saying so.  Kandi said well I wasn't finna be forced into anything so I said ok and I signed over my rights.  They replaced her with another singer, went on tour for a little while and released a failed album.  Fast forward to the year or two after that, JD wants all the acts he discovered, including the original members of Xscape, to do a puff-like family tour to promote his new label.  Speaking as and for themselves in this Unsung episode, Tomika and the JD music industry promoter of this tour said Kandi was selfish and disappointed the fans by refusing to participate in the reunion.   Unsung interview cuts back to Kandi.  Her response?  Me? Reunite?  As what?  I wasn't a member of Xscape anymore.....remember?

I mean, I love how Kenya was acting like fondue was this newfangled concept. Girl, it's been around since the 70s and you are old enough to know that.  I've been going to the Melting Pot since the early 2000s, so I highly doubt she had NEVER been there, or at least never heard of it before.

all nearby units respond to the corner of peachtree and inverness, we have shots fired, all area units!

Kandi & Nene have a line where if you cross that line, they can't be friends with you.  Ever.  They can be friendly, they can kee kee and laugh it up but you'll never be their good friend.  This line varies depending on the person.  Kenya also fits into this little group.  This is why Kandi & Nene will never be friends.  That line has been crossed, and so it's over.

Cynthia, Porsha, etc. are more circular where they can have a problem with you but they can circle back around and be friends with you again.

Kandi doesn't operate this way which is why she doesn't understand why Cynthia/Nene or Nene/Sheree can be cool again because she feels like Nene has crossed a line talking about Cynthia & Sheree like she has and if SHE were Cynthia or Sheree she wouldn't be so accepting of Nene again.

Again, the line varies depending on the person.  Phaedra crossed that line by befriending Nene (and talking smack behind Kandi's back).  Phaedra can't ever get back over that line nor should she try because it's a line she'll never get back on the other side of.

Kandi's family and people she considers family (Don Juan, Carmon etc) will always be on Kandi's side of the line so no matter what they say they'll still be on Kandi's side of the line.

One of the characteristics I'm not mad at her for.    Because:

See now Kandi's getting on the nerves and all but I don't think she's wrong with her side eye of all that cause in all honesty Nene takes shit FAR and in my world yeah, I'd be able to get good again if the circumstances called for it but I wouldn't be acting all clingy like Cynthia. Sheree is doing okay in my book, it doesn't seem like they back to braiding each others hair so I get it but I can't faulter Kandi for being the type that can draw that line and stick to it. Plus I think she see's how disingenuous some of this original friendships were to begin with that these people were able to even go there. Yeah, people go a little too far but when you have real friends there is actual remorse and I don't think Kandi couldn't ever let it go if the true sentiment was there like with her attempts with Phaedra. I think Kandi was more than willing to truly move passed it and get back to their real friendship but Phaedra never seemed to be as committed to that so I see where that friendship won't get back to that place. I think Kandi see's that Nene doesn't ever truly repent. She just stomps around, offends, dismisses and then let time do it's thing and all of a sudden without any real reflection the friendships are up and running again. To me that's all good but I wouldn't call that true in the sense that both parties are invested in one another. It seems more like Nene's friendship restarted just because no one felt like wasting any more energy on keeping a stupid feud alive and not because there were any heartfelt appreciation for these friendships.

It's very hard to imagine that you've (justifiably) disliked someone with such commitment who you're suddenly on such good terms with.  I think it would've been one thing if Phaedra had kept Nene in a surface kee-kee kinda place but understanding what friendship means to Kandi and hearing Phaedra refer to Nene as that kind of friend means she has no choice but to distrust her.  Aside from that, just seeing how each of Kandi and Phaedra reacted after they said they were gonna try to be friends again should be the clincher.  When Kandi says let's squash it and put it behind us, she means it.  When Phaedra says the same thing that means she's over it in your face but will continue to take jabs behind your back.

I don't know why I used the wrong name. I blame it on being awakened early by my cat.

I never heard of these business ventures before watching this show, so I'm basing this on what I am watching on this show, although the few times I've seen Porsha working on them, someone else seems to be doing the heavy lifting.

Lol.  Try word association.   African country, African country, African country.  The President is from _______. The President is from _______.

I've only ever heard her talk about them.   Maybe the Georgia peaches on the board can tell us if there are any local ads running?  Although for her hair stuff I don't know why she'd keep that to herself.  Does she have a shop in ATL?

Chronologically possible though, no?  If he joined right out of high school.  He might be reserve right now and got into training during non active time...?  I dunno, just spitballing. 

• Love 1

Why is Kenya getting herself all involved with a 28 year old. Not buying it for one second. They just don't fit, they don't seem natural. He obviously has no money or much a future so how long is Kenya going to be interested. Long enough to try to get a baby out of the deal, no doubt.

Yes it's called the "Phaedra Method". At least this ones not a convict, which is a plus. However, a minus if you need someone who besides being the sperm donor, will collude in criminal activity and be a fall guy.

• Love 3

It wouldn't be Housewives if there weren't a few awkward, elaborately staged set pieces. Look no further than Kim's outdoor office, which by the looks of it consists of two desks, a ton of tchotchkes, and one exceptionally well-placed TV Land Award. Now, this isn't your standard office. It's literally on her back porch, which lacks, above all else, walls. It's fine, if a little strange.

I'm glad to see someone else saw that TVland award and I hadn't imaginated it!

I don't remember her office being on a porch, but I think she was chatting with her mentor via Skype outside.

Bummer, I missed this - and it's not available on Bravo or On Demand - must not get big ratings.

Funny how Porsha has morphed from goody-two-shoes-wifey to perennial-booty-shaking-exhibitionist. I must say, her booty antics crack me up!

• Love 1

I would love to see a spin off of Phae and Porsha. They crack me up. I've never been a big fan of either of them, but Porsha should go for the funny and leave the slutty alone. And Phaedra can be hilarious and is the queen of shade.

• Love 1

I only stopped binge watching House of Cards to see if there was any Ayden or Mr. President. Those two boys are so freaking cute and intelligent I can't stand it. Hearing Dylan talking about karate and kissing Ayden was adorable. He's really grown up. Nice manners by Ayden thanking the man for helping him get in the car too.

Apollo is an idiot who ruined his life but hopefully those beautiful boys will continue to thrive.

I totally love those two adorable boys!
  • Love 1