Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Too Little, Too Late

• Start Topic

Against Lisa's advice, Katie surprises Stassi in Palm Springs, Calif.; James convinces himself that Kristen is the answer to his problems; Scheana worries about losing her friends; Jax, Tom Schwartz and Peter try their hand at babysitting.

(edited)

Katie wearing a schmatta and neck tie thing like she got bit by a vampire. And then some yeti top on the aftershow. These Sur employees need to steer clear from creating fashion blogs.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 5
(edited)

Katie's rage-texting is SCARY---because Tom is quite right, there *is* some kernel of truth to all that in the back of her mind, or else those hurtful words wouldn't even be able to come out of her with such frightening ease.

It's basically akin to verbal abuse, quite frankly, and being drunk is never an excuse to talk to one's partner in such a cruel and incredibly hurtful fashion.

How would she feel if he was in a drunken rage and called her fat, stupid and/or ugly?

Worse yet, how would she feel if he hit her in a drunken rage??

I dare say she'd never forgive him and cry her eyes out for days---so how is that so different than basically calling her fiancé a loser that she doesn't want to procreate with or marry??

I'm sorry, but that's some unforgivably heavy shit and I certainly don't think "I was drunk and wanted to hurt you since I was hurt" is EVER reason to berate or belittle your partner, physically or verbally. Period.

And if you regularly fight that ugly and in such a cruel manner, then you need some serious couples therapy.

Same as that messed up fighting DJ James and Kristen used to engage in---once you're name-calling and belittling each other and spitting on someone's door, put a fork in it: that relationship is DONE.

It kinda depresses the shit out of me watching the messed up excuses of relationships all these mental midgets share with their current partners, so it actually made me smile to see Peter so happily interacting with his girlfriend's young son.

Fingers crossed that this guy turns out to be the most mature of them all and can handle such a committed relationship.

What also made me smile? Seeing Jax interacting with that boy so naturally; so the guy has some semblance of a soul after all!

What made me not smile? Watching how pathetic Stassi was acting in Palm Springs, begging Katie for forgiveness like the slimy leech she's become this season. Gross.

I don't like this homeless and humbled Stassi---she's still that same hateful bitch she always was, she's just gotten craftier and more creative about using people for her own agenda.

I guess it's producer-mandated that Katie had to allow her back into her social circle.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 15

Hi all! This is my first time posting for VPR. I'm coming out of longtime lurkdom just to express how absolutely appalling I found DJ Muppet's mother to be. Wow. No wonder he's such a little twat. She was ready to place all blame on Kristen for all of James' recent shenanigans, and doing so in such a way you'd expect a middle schooler to reason. James is the epitome of the trophy generation special snowflake syndrome (and I say that as a Millennial myself). No wonder he has no respect for women. His mother has no self awareness and drank a bottle of wine every night; and James acknowledges the parallel of this to Kristen. Yikes. Just yikes.

On a lighter note: I loved Schwartz as a zombie princess. Adorbs.

• Love 20

Katie's rage-texting is SCARY---because Tom is quite right, there *is* some kernel of truth to all that in the back of her mind, or else those hurtful words wouldn't even be able to come out of her.

It's basically akin to verbal abuse, quite frankly, and being drunk is never an excuse to talk to one's partner in such a cruel and incredibly hurtful fashion.

How would she feel if he was in a drunken rage and called her fat, stupid and/or ugly?

Worse yet, how would she feel if he hit her in a drunken rage??

I dare say she'd never forgive him and cry her eyes out for days---so how is that so different than basically calling her fiancé a loser that she doesn't want to procreate with or marry??

I'm sorry, but that's some unforgivably heavy shit and I certainly don't think "I was drunk and wanted to hurt you since I was hurt" is EVER reason to berate or belittle your partner, physically or verbally. Period.

And if you regularly fight that ugly and in such a cruel manner, then you need some serious couples therapy.

Same as that messed up fighting DJ James and Kristen used to engage in---once you're name-calling and belittling each other and spitting on someone's door, put a fork in it: that relationship is DONE.

It kinda depresses the shit out of me watching the messed up excuses of relationships all these mental midgets share with their current partners, so it actually made me smile to see Peter so happily interacting with his girlfriend's young son.

Fingers crossed that this guy turns out to be the most mature of them all and can handle such a committed relationship.

What also made me smile? Seeing Jax interacting with that boy so naturally; so the guy has some semblance of a soul after all!

What made me not smile? Watching how pathetic Stassi was acting in Palm Springs, begging Katie for forgiveness like the slimy leech she's become this season. Gross.

I don't like this homeless and humbled Stassi---she's still that same hateful bitch she always was, she's just gotten craftier and more creative about using people for her own agenda.

I guess it's producer-mandated that Katie had to allow her back into her social circle.

This is why I will find it easy to give up this show.  I have no desire to watch a bunch of puppets.  They're dim enough when they do have some control over what they say and do, but when their only motivation is to be around for another season, I'm glad that there's plenty else to watch.  

• Love 4
(edited)

This is why I will find it easy to give up this show.  I have no desire to watch a bunch of puppets.  They're dim enough when they do have some control over what they say and do, but when their only motivation is to be around for another season, I'm glad that there's plenty else to watch.

The show is so stale and booooring. I fast forwarded through more than 50%. I've now got more time for Broad City!

Edited by Drogo
Duplicate
  • Love 1
(edited)

Katie's rage texting was crazy - big red flag or just drunken foolishness???

This flag is so red there is a toreador waving it enthusiastically at a bull. It's so red that it's flying over the Kremlin. Katie always gets this way when she doesn't feel supported. And it gets so much worse when she's been drinking.

James' lunch with his mom revealed where he gets his ugh from and how depressing that he treats his mother in the same awful way he treats all other women.

Ariana. Still. The. Worst. How is it news that she needs to work on friendships? How is news that she needs to put effort into maintaining relationships? And showing up to hang with her "friends" and rolling her eyes derisively at everything her friends do is not putting effort into maintaining her friendship. Her sneering "what are they, babies?" revealed how Ariana sucks so much.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13

Ugh, when Stassi turned on the waterworks, it reminded me of Bethenny crying her eyes out every 2 seconds on NYC.  Bunch of phony/fake/manipulative crapola I didn't buy for a second.  Oh Katie, you really are a fuckin' moron, to forgive Stassi & let her go to the engagement party.  

Idk, I think I'm getting kinda meh on this show.  I watched the After Show gals & I'm getting really sick of them again.  I wanted them to ask Stassi if it was Frank who had her sex vid.  But they didn't.  They're annoying & useless.   So is Schemer.  She is just bugging the fuck outta me lately.

• Love 3

JAX is just THE WORST bartender EVER! Lmao when he told the customer that he "can't make that, that's too hard" to the drink she ordered...and then saying he will figure it out. There Is NOTHING worse than a badly made drink when you are expecting something specific. Just drop the pretense Lisa and don't make this idiot work at the restaurant...he can't be helping business

• Love 12
(edited)

I was mostly bored watching this, but it might have been the sinus migraine I had all day (hello, "allergy season"!).

Did I imagine Jax, Shwartzie and Peter (the pirate!) getting drunk before babysitting?

Are we to believe that successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks personally hands out everyone's paychecks instead of mailing it to them or using direct deposit, if not assigning the task to a flunky?

What will happen when Katie and Schemer show up unannounced at Stassi et al's sleepover? The suspense was boring me! Of course, they all kinda kissed and made up. Speaking of annoying twits, did I see Schemer wearing a "Mrs Shay" cap? Does she normally sit "Indian style" on the furniture? That bugged me for some reason. Oh yeah, and that crap about the hotel room she booked and wouldn't get refunded if they stayed with the girls?

I've said it before, but DJ Muppet Baby's mother reminds me of Kristen, which explains a lot.

Jax doesn't know how to make a cosmo and tells them he'll "fake it" after unsuccessfully trying to convince them to get a beer? Why is he working for business tycoon Lisa Vanderbucks again?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3

Wow, Katie's rage texts to Tom were just horrible. Horrible. 

So Peter's girlfriend didn't really leave, right? She just sat out in the hall and let them film a funny scene of "Three Men and a Liam", right? Because, seriously. Who takes shots before babysitting??? Who would trust those three? Together, that is. I'd totally let Schwartz babysit alone. He seems pretty good with kids. I love how he grudgingly admitted he would be the princess. 

I think Katie is intentionally fucking with Stassi, putting her through the ringer. Why go down to Palm Springs to talk to her, if after all her blubbering and apologizing, you're just going to say - "Too little too late". But then she DID give her another chance? Confused. 

I'm over all the retelling of conversations and events. Fifty retellings of the rage texting. Fifty retellings of Arianna being mean on the beach. Fifty retellings of James being drunk and getting fired. Yawn. 

James's mom is cuckoo. She's one of those horrible parents that acts like a teenager AND makes excuses for everything her child does. No. Just no. 

• Love 6

I couldn't even get through this episode. When Scheana started her fake crying because now Katie and Stassi are going to be buddies again, and where does that leave HER. She misses her bestie Ariana now and feels all alone, blah, blah, cry, cry.  Way to make it all about you again, Sheana. 

• Love 9
(edited)

DJ Muppet's mom is kinda terrible isn't she?  She is attractive though.

Kristen acting all happy-go-lucky and schmoopy with her friends in Palm Springs + Stassi's "poor pitiful me" act = me rolling my eyes so hard I'm glad they didn't get stuck up there.  Bitches, please.  You're still both awful, bitter shrews we got to know and hate in seasons 1 and 2. You ain't fooling anybody.

Katie and the rage texting is seriously scary and messed up. And to just blame it on the alcohol is ... overlooking some serious issues if you ask me.  Like somebody pointed out upthread, would it be ok if Schwartz "rage hit" Katie ... but ONLY when he was super duper wasted?  Clearly not.   

OH but the BEST part of the episode for me? That last shot of Katie holding little Gordo like a baby.  THAT FACE!  I died from cute overload.  <3

hoodooznoodooz, on 29 Feb 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:hoodooznoodooz, on 29 Feb 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

Liam is adorable, but I would tear Peter a new one for giving him candy, if I gave him that list.

Right?  He is a cutie pie.  And he and Peter have the same hairdo!  The guys were actually pretty sweet interacting with him.  I REALLY hope that scene of them drinking was filmed in reverse though, and they did that AFTER he left!

ScoobieDoobs, on 01 Mar 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:ScoobieDoobs, on 01 Mar 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

Ugh, when Stassi turned on the waterworks, it reminded me of Bethenny crying her eyes out every 2 seconds on NYC.  Bunch of phony/fake/manipulative crapola I didn't buy for a second.  Oh Katie, you really are a fuckin' moron, to forgive Stassi & let her go to the engagement party.  

Idk, I think I'm getting kinda meh on this show.  I watched the After Show gals & I'm getting really sick of them again.  I wanted them to ask Stassi if it was Frank who had her sex vid.  But they didn't.  They're annoying & useless.   So is Schemer.  She is just bugging the fuck outta me lately.

Yeah Stassi's tears didn't soften my heart against her at all. She's still a terrible person. But why do we need them to ask if it's Frank who filmed the video?  We know that it is.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9

Drunk Katie's rage texts were horrible. My advice to Schwartzy would be to run while you can dude.

James and his mom: Well that explains a lot.

I was praying for that small child as the 3 amigos were watching him.

All the Stassi/Katie stuff: zzzzzzzzz

Oh look....Scheana is all about herself. 

I really hate these people and I hate myself for watching this. 

• Love 7
Kristen acting all happy-go-lucky and schmoopy with her friends in Palm Springs + Stassi's "poor pitiful me" act = me rolling my eyes so hard I'm glad they didn't get stuck up there.  Bitches, please.  You're still both awful, bitter shrews we got to know and hate in seasons 1 and 2. You ain't fooling anybody.

I was waiting (HOPING) that we'd see Kristen alone in a dark hallway or something, eavesdropping on all the girls while whispering to herself, "Yesssss, they're falling my renewed-friendship plan...it's all falling into place. Soon..."

• Love 12

Notes from a viewer who is not familiar with the backstories:

These people are way too concerned about where their next drink is coming from.  Kristen can't make it the hour drive from Palm Springs to LA without stopping for cocktails?  Enjoy your cirrhosis when you're 40, Kristen.

Jax needs to look in the mirror as he takes a swig of hooch.  That big teeth-baring swallow is repugnant.

Finally, RaSheana, Rasheana LET GO of your hair!!!

God, these people sicken me.  Now when does the next episode air??

• Love 7

Did anyone else notice drunk Kristen in Palm Springs being lovey-dovey and continuously kissing the other girls on their cheeks?  LOL.  She gets that look in her eyes when she's inebriated... I really felt like the show was trying to highlight her drinking issues more than usual in this episode.

• Love 2

JAX is just THE WORST bartender EVER! Lmao when he told the customer that he "can't make that, that's too hard" to the drink she ordered...and then saying he will figure it out. There Is NOTHING worse than a badly made drink when you are expecting something specific. Just drop the pretense Lisa and don't make this idiot work at the restaurant...he can't be helping business

My brother (who has only caught a handful of episodes, but they seem to be episodes showing Jax to be a terrible bartender, getting arrested, and disrespectful) was wondering why Jax still works there. His theory is that he works there because he has some dirt on the Vanderpump Todds. At this point, he is more of a liability than an asset. He can't bartend. He's usually drunk or high while working. He's likely to get into a fight while at work. His banging half the female staff only causes conflict. Fire him!

• Love 1

He can't bartend. He's usually drunk or high while working. He's likely to get into a fight while at work. His banging half the female staff only causes conflict. Fire him!

Add to that list that he steals from them. And admits/shows it on camera! Booze, silverware, and god knows what else that we don't see. Lisa fired Kristen for her attitude, demoted James for his attitude but it's ok to suck at positively everything at your job and Jax gets to stay!!

• Love 3

My brother (who has only caught a handful of episodes, but they seem to be episodes showing Jax to be a terrible bartender, getting arrested, and disrespectful) was wondering why Jax still works there. His theory is that he works there because he has some dirt on the Vanderpump Todds. At this point, he is more of a liability than an asset. He can't bartend. He's usually drunk or high while working. He's likely to get into a fight while at work. His banging half the female staff only causes conflict. Fire him!

Successful entrepreneur Lisa Vanderbucks knows Jax makes her TV show good.

• Love 7
(edited)

This flag is so red there is a toreador waving it enthusiastically at a bull. It's so red that it's flying over the Kremlin. Katie always gets this way when she doesn't feel supported. And it gets so much worse when she's been drinking.

That was my first thought, but then I wondered if rage texting was some fad that I hadn't heard of and wasn't taken seriously. imo Schwartz should think again.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
(edited)

First reaction.... Little Liam is SO CUTE!!

Kristen Doute is hands-down an alcoholic, I have no doubts whatsoever. She and Shay should enter a treatment program together.

James Kennedy's mother Jackie, what can I say about that relationship?  For one thing, it's dysfunctional as all Hell. I scratch my head wondering how it is that Bravo was able to find so many dysfunctional people and particularly those with a mental disorder like Jax?  It's disturbing to see how may people really are dysfunctional.

A former Elite model Jacqueline Georgiou, married Andros Georgiou in 1991 in Las Vegas, when she was 21 and pregnant with James. Jacqueline has had roles in movies and television like Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, The Purge: Anarchy, and Ray Donovan. She and Andros have another son together, Harry who is 2 years younger than James.

Here's the dysfunctional part of that whole conversation between James and his mother Jackie;

Jackie: "you know I'm a dirty bitch"

James:  'oh fuck off'

James in his POV: "sons date girls through their moms"

Jackie: "I've never seen her (Kristen) without a drink in her hand, that's the cause"
James: 'you're one to talk'

Jackie: "please don't compare me to Kristen, have some respect'

Do any of them really understand the meaning of the word 'respect'? There's no respect on this show from anyone.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am NOT justifying Katie's rage texts--they're fucked up--but he really is terrible at sticking up for her, and he's so quick to defend the guys. Obviously, this is a conversation they should have while sober, preferably with their therapist, but I do understand where Katie's frustration is coming from.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

Hi all! This is my first time posting for VPR. I'm coming out of longtime lurkdom just to express how absolutely appalling I found DJ Muppet's mother to be. Wow. No wonder he's such a little twat. She was ready to place all blame on Kristen for all of James' recent shenanigans, and doing so in such a way you'd expect a middle schooler to reason. James is the epitome of the trophy generation special snowflake syndrome (and I say that as a Millennial myself). No wonder he has no respect for women. His mother has no self awareness and drank a bottle of wine every night; and James acknowledges the parallel of this to Kristen. Yikes. Just yikes.

On a lighter note: I loved Schwartz as a zombie princess. Adorbs.

I fell asleep last night and woke up in time to see the scene with Muppet and his mother before I fell back asleep, but I was coming here to say the same thing.  Shame on her for suggesting that Kristen is somehow responsible for Muppet's drinking and then getting fired because of his drinking on the job.  After he was already warned.  She and I are around the same age and I would NEVER tell my adult child what she did.  I'd be telling him that it served him right if he showed up drunk at work, it doesn't matter who else was there.  No one was holding him down and forcing the alcohol down his throat. 

I'm floored that at least Muppet had the sense to realize all that was on him.  Maybe there's a tiny bit of hope for him.

He is in dire need of counseling if he can freely admit that he was sleeping with Kristen because she reminds him of his mother. 

• Love 3

Are we to believe that successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks personally hands out everyone's paychecks instead of mailing it to them or using direct deposit, if not assigning the task to a flunky?

I thought the same thing!!  The way she was lugging around that purse, I half expected her to open her wallet and hand them each a few bits of change.  

Eh, I'm not so hard on Katie about letting Stassi back in a bit.  I've been there and know many others that have been too.  You have a friend who was like a sister who ultimately does you wrong in some way.  But to forgive feels better.  And sometimes you just miss the person!  The key is, the friendship typically changes in some way forever, and you always keep one eye open as to not be wronged again.  We'll see what happens moving forward but I'll cut Katie some slack.  

Kristen gets so darn excited about everything I don't know whether it's slightly endearing or just plain insane?  Everything is THE GREATEST!  I feel like she'd go into a scuzzy hotel room and find some hobo dude sitting in there offering her a swig of his hooch and it would be described as "heaven on earth" with "the hottest guy ever who treats me with such respect"!  

• Love 7
(edited)

anyone else glad that there was no such thing as texting/rage texting (or the internet, for that matter) when she was a younger and more reactive lady?  or is that just me?

Edited by teapot
  • Love 11

Schwartz as the zombie princess made the episode. But I would have beat all three of their asses for giving my kid candy.

I don't believe Stassi's crocodile tears, especially when I don't think I saw an actual tear fall. Can't wait for Stassi to fuck this up by being herself.

Katie's drunk texts were horrible, I need to see (not literally) her get back into therapy with Schwartzie.

James is doomed to marry someone just like his mother. IDK who I pity more: James or the future ex-Mrs. Kennedy.

• Love 6
teapot, on 01 Mar 2016 - 2:40 PM, said:

anyone else glad that there was no such thing as texting/rage texting (or the internet, for that matter) when she was a younger and more reactive lady?  or is that just me?

LOL yes!  Although there WAS voice mail. Oh dear. 

My favorite "dinosaur" story is that my cousin once tried to break up with her (now married for 20+ years husband) via FAX. LOL That one always tickled me.

• Love 5

Right?  He is a cutie pie.  And he and Peter have the same hairdo!  The guys were actually pretty sweet interacting with him.  I REALLY hope that scene of them drinking was filmed in reverse though, and they did that AFTER he left

I liked it when he told Peter he looks like a pirate, because he's right. The scene might have been shown in reverse because Liam was awfully comfortable with the boys, especially Jax, who was holding him as the mother read out the rules. But with all that they drink, one beer and a couple of shots wasn't going to do any damage, especially if they were staying in.

Me, too!

• Love 2
(edited)

LOL yes!  Although there WAS voice mail. Oh dear. 

My favorite "dinosaur" story is that my cousin once tried to break up with her (now married for 20+ years husband) via FAX. LOL That one always tickled me.

Haha, I once tried to do that too, until a coworker told me not to. I'm still friends with the almost-fax-dumped guy today on Facebook. After that, I tried to use the fact that I was moving 20 minutes west as an excuse, even though we were both adults with cars. What the hell was with me in my 20s?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

I can think of ONE thing worse: having to PAY for this shitty, not-right, over-priced drink!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

From what I've heard from multiple podcasters talking about their SUR experiences, including a very recent episode of Pumped Podcast with Katie and Tom, Jax is historically known for not making drinks, serving the wrong drink purposely because it was easier, and lying about what's on the drink menu. Apparently this was the case long before VPR. Tom S even said when they drank on the job, which seems to be all the time, they'd get to a point where they were too drunk to make the drinks so they'd just start hiding the drink menus or telling customers they were out of a vital component. Unsurprisingly, this is a point of contention with the waitstaff whose tips are dependent on customers actually getting what they want.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

Yeah Stassi's tears didn't soften my heart against her at all. She's still a terrible person. But why do we need them to ask if it's Frank who filmed the video?  We know that it is.

Sure, Lisa did confirm for us it was Frank when she said she fired him.  I just think it's interesting nobody has mentioned him outright by name.  Isn't that the job of the After Show gals to notice this kinda thing?  Did they not notice it -- or were they ordered by Bravo not to mention Frank?  Maybe there are legal reasons Frank's name is not being mentioned as the one who had the Stassi vid.

• Love 3

From what I've heard from multiple podcasters talking about their SUR experiences, including a very recent episode of Pumped Podcast with Katie and Tom, Jax is historically known for not making drinks, serving the wrong drink purposely because it was easier, and lying about what's on the drink menu. Apparently this was the case long before VPR. Tom S even said when they drank on the job, which seems to be all the time, they'd get to a point where they were too drunk to make the drinks so they'd just start hiding the drink menus or telling customers they were out of a vital component. Unsurprisingly, this is a point of contention with the waitstaff whose tips are dependent on customers actually getting what they want.

Wow, jeez. The part last night where Jax basically questioned the girls' drinking choice and asked if they'd like something else instead definitely stood out to me, because if that's the kind of service I got I'd have a really bad opinion of the place really fast. 

In regards to Katie, I really feel if you're an angry/nasty drunk then you should really start limiting yourself to one or two drinks when you go out instead of going down that path. I'm a very happy/smiley drunk but the few times I've drank too much I've spent the next like four hours decidedly unhappily throwing up. Actually, I have no idea how these people manage to drink so much period - the times they show them at a bar/club/party and they're all (including the girls) downing like 8 shots in a row, I would be passed out by then.

James was such an asshole to his mom (where do they find these people??) but I found her insistence on placing the blame squarely on Kristen weird. At least James admitted that the drinking/blowup was his issue - people can push your buttons but they're not ultimately responsible for your own actions.

• Love 2

If this was my business, they'd all be fired.  Bad enough they don't care to make their own tips but they are making the business look shoddy and terrible.

Overall a ho-hum, disappointing episode.  The guys were cute with Liam, the girls were boring as all fuck in Palm Springs, Kristen is clearly on something, StASSi is a phony and/or has a tear duct problem, Muppet and his mother both need therapy, I'm surprised the Nugget's fat fucking head fits through the door at Sur (or anywhere else) and Katie really needs to slow her ragey ride down.  These chucklefucks act like junior highschoolers.

• Love 5

In regards to Katie, I really feel if you're an angry/nasty drunk then you should really start limiting yourself to one or two drinks when you go out instead of going down that path.

Perhaps Schemer can help Katie with her "angry drunkard" problem. I heard she performed miracles with her husband's problem.

• Love 1

I really, really want to see Ariana crash & burn.  Her smugness bugs me infinitely more than Scheana's selfishness/Jax's childishness/James' dick'ishness/etc.

It's a Harry Potter weekend on Freeform/ABC Family. I'm choosing to believe that someone used the resurrection stone on Ariana and that's why she's turned sad and cold.

https://youtu.be/TgmEEDyeDv8