Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Knots Untie

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Michonne sitting in that van and looking all googly-eyed at Rick is a bad omen for her.  

A lot of this going around.  I guess I missed the part where any woman associated must necessarily die.  Lori lived far too long for my taste but when she did die, it was in childbirth.  Rick didn't cause that.  Hell, Rick didn't even cause the child she birthed.  Judith is my hero for getting rid of Lori!  And Jessie was one of the most pathetic, utterly useless people I've seen on this show.  Maybe just one step above FPP who actively got people killed and one below Tyrese who was at least a good babysitter even if he was a mewling little girl trapped in the body of a linebacker.  Little known fact: I hired those zombies to attack Sam and Jessie.  Best $20 I ever spent!  JK.  Michonne is not like either of them.  In fact the both of them together don't make 1/2 the woman/mother/fighter Michonne is.  If she dies, she will go down swinging and take many with her.

That said I am worried that we might get that epic death because I don't see the writers choosing to kill Michonne but I can see the ever more successful playwright Danai Guirira deciding to leave the show to pursue her passion.  If Michonne dies, I'd have a hard time watching this show.  Especially in light of what this would do to Carl.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 8

A lot of this going around.  I guess I missed the part where any woman associated must necessarily die.  Lori lived far too long for my taste but when she did die, it was in childbirth.  Rick didn't cause that.  Hell, Rick didn't even cause the child she birthed.  Judith is my hero for getting rid of Lori!  And Jessie was one of the most pathetic, utterly useless people I've seen on this show.  Maybe just one step above FPP who actively got people killed and one below Tyrese who was at least a good babysitter even if he was a mewling little girl trapped in the body of a linebacker.  Little known fact: I hired those zombies to attack Sam and Jessie.  Best $20 I ever spent!  JK.  Michonne is not like either of them.  In fact the both of them together don't make 1/2 the woman/mother/fighter Michonne is.  If she dies, she will go down swinging and take many with her.

That said I am worried that we might get that epic death because I don't see the writers choosing to kill Michonne but I can see the ever more successful playwright Danai Guirira deciding to leave the show to pursue her passion.  If Michonne dies, I'd have a hard time watching this show.  Especially in light of what this would do to Carl.

I think people are saying that because we all know these writers love their man pain.

• Love 2
Did he just want to make a demand? Get something "to boot" in the deal that was made?  Was  he craving a steak?  What good is a cow without a bull? Where would they put it to graze all day? A milk cow is no good without equipment to pasturize the milk and even if they did, human babies can't drink cow's milk straight up.

I think he just is still really sad about Buttons and wants a horse, and this is the closest thing. 

• Love 3

I think people are saying that because we all know these writers love their man pain.

Especially in light of what this would do to Carl.

Man pain is one thing, but I cannot accept any more Carl Pain.  He has enough to deal with.  The way Danai gushes about Chandler, I hope she doesn't want to leave him any more than Michonne would leave Carl!  lol

Before the outbreak Lori was bitching to her friend how Rick doesn't get mad or yell or some crap like that when they're arguing. Didn't Rick say to Shane before the outbreak that Lori is always mad at him or something like that.

It was typical Lori.  She was always mad at him because he didn't "speak" enough, and then when he did, she got mad about whatever he said.  And she said he didn't care about them in front of Carl.  Because she was the worst.  I'm sure if he'd gotten mad and yelled at her like she wanted, she'd say how dare you talk to me like that?  She did seem to like Shane bossing her around until Rick came back. 

• Love 3
Michonne sitting in that van and looking all googly-eyed at Rick is a bad omen for her.

I don't see them fridging the best character on the show for Rick's manpain. This isn't Arrow. I'm not worried about Michonne.

• Love 6
(edited)

I've seen this to be true a lot in real life (i.e., on non-TV men who aren't using dye or professional upkeep)--in fact, almost every guy I know has a beard that isn't the same color as his head hair. My BF has dark brown hair and a much lighter brown beard. My cousin has the same color hair as Abraham (I KNOW, HAHA!) and a paler, blonder beard. My friend has dark auburn hair and a lighter, more orange beard (why do I know all the redheads?). 

True! I just think the Very Orange redness and Very Black blackness- that-used-to-be-dirty-blondness of their hair has become one of those distractions for me -- we probably all have them by now (see: Daryl's need of a bath, Carl's hat for some folks) -- so my attention wanders for a minute. The facial hair just accentuates it.

Edited by EllenC

Daryl's hair is a distraction. Every time he shows up on screen my first thought is "the hair...", and then I try to focus on the action.

Abe I don't mind much because he's always been like that. I binged watched seasons 1-5, so for me Daryl went from dirty blond to oily black hair in about two weeks and it used to drive me crazy. I don't get the rationale behind the decision to change Daryl's hair color, it adds nothing to his character other than make him seem vain for looking for hair dye in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Reedus is a sexy man, but unnaturally dark hair can be harsh on blondes.

• Love 2
(edited)

Arrow

kind of flipped the manpain(I hate that word) and fridging trope around. They fridged a man for another man's journey and a woman for another woman's journey.  

Realized not everyone is caught up on Arrow!

Here there is no way they kill Michonne. IMO if either Michonne or Rick goes....this show is in trouble. I would actually put Rick on the chopping block over Michonne at this point.  (If Andy Lincoln wants to leave)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
Arrow kind of flipped the manpain(I hate that word) and fridging trope around. They fridged a man for another man's journey and a woman for another woman's journey.

I was thinking about Moria when I wrote that. I do think Rick would go before Michonne. Unless the actress wants to go I feel like she's pretty safe. Same for Rick/Andy.

It was typical Lori.  She was always mad at him because he didn't "speak" enough, and then when he did, she got mad about whatever he said.

I think any love she'd ever had for him had gone before the ZA. Everything he said and did irritated her. I don't think she treated Shane that way.

Reedus is a sexy man, but unnaturally dark hair can be harsh on blondes.

Unnaturally dark hair is harsh and aging on anyone over 45. Aside from that, no one would go around squinting and blinking at the long hair hanging directly in their eyes without at least brushing it aside. I think if I were one of CDB, I'd sneak up on him while he slept and cut it off.  

• Love 2

Remember when Denise and Daryl were talking at the beginning of the episode? Denise told Daryl, "you remind me of someone I used to know."

Was she alluding to her former self? Before she admitted to herself that she was gay?

Remember when Denise and Daryl were talking at the beginning of the episode? Denise told Daryl, "you remind me of someone I used to know."

Was she alluding to her former self? Before she admitted to herself that she was gay?

I haven't thought about that option. Could be.

Denise is a Psychiatrist, so I thought she was referring maybe to an old patient. She was treating Daryl's back, so she saw the scars. Maybe it was just to an old friend of family member.

Impossible to say right now, but I hope they come back to it and let her tell her story. I like Denise.

• Love 5

True! I just think the Very Orange redness and Very Black blackness- that-used-to-be-dirty-blondness of their hair has become one of those distractions for me -- we probably all have them by now (see: Daryl's need of a bath, Carl's hat for some folks) -- so my attention wanders for a minute. The facial hair just accentuates it.

Plus beard hair is so much "crunchier" (probably especially so on these people)! 

Now that is interesting. I just thought she was probably talking about a brother.

I heard "You think she'd settle?"  What I don't know is if he was referring to Carol settling with him or Sasha settling with Abraham.  

He said You think shit is settled?    And I don't like Paul.  I refuse to call him Jesus.  It sounds stupid.

(edited)

They have seeds in Alexandria.  In her conversation with Glenn, Maggie worriedly mentioned that they had planted seeds, but there had not been so much of a bud. Add this to being low on supplies with lots of mouths to feed, they desperately needed the food and supplies which is why they agreed to go with Jesus to the Hilltop. 

Rick has his seasonal colder weather coat on (he has it each season) so it's getting colder.  No growing stuff now Natalie.  Why don't think try some indoor greenhouse, some grow lights?

Edited by SharonH58
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ratings are in for Episode 611, "Knots Untie":

"The Walking Dead" held its own airing opposite the Oscars on Sunday, but its numbers were still down a bit from the previous week. The show drew a 6.1 rating in adults 18-49, off half a point from the Feb. 21 episode. [12.794 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/01/sunday-cable-ratings-feb-28-2016/

And here are the ratings for Season 6 so far:

10-11-15 “First Time Again” 14.633 million viewers
10-18-15 “JSS” 12.183 million viewers
10-25-15 “Thank You” 13.143 million viewers
11-01-15 “Here’s Not Here” 13.339 million viewers
11-08-15 “Now” 12.440 million viewers
11-15-15 “Always Accountable” 12.871 million viewers
11-22-15 “Heads Up” 13.224 million viewers
11-29-15 “Start to Finish” 13.981 million viewers

02-14-16 “No Way Out” 13.742 million viewers
02-21-16 “The Next World” 13.483 million viewers
02-28-16 “Knots Untie” 12.794 million viewers

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 1
(edited)

Xander Berkeley was also on Jericho for a bit; I don't remember the details. Wonder if he and Lennie James are pals at all.

Berkeley played John Smith on Jericho, which was the

fake name of the actual terrorist who stole "the package" from Robert Hawkins (the amazing Lennie James) when he was on his way to Texas to meet Martinez.

Damn, I miss that show!

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 2

Rick has his seasonal colder weather coat on (he has it each season) so it's getting colder. 

Someone on here called that his murdering coat.  lol

• Love 3

Daryl loves hunting and eating meat, maybe he was thinking about available meat now that he doesn't have his crossbow and can't easily go out and hunt.

Speaking of which, I really wish they gave him his crossbow back. Or at least address the fact he lost it.

Dang, you brought up something I meant to comment on earlier and forgot; namely, that they haven't addressed the disappearance of Daryl's signature weapon.

From the moment that crossbow left Daryl's possession, I have been certain it would reappear in a way CDB would regret.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it's a significant player in whatever screws up CDB's planned raid on Negan.

Because you just know SOMETHING will screw up THAT little gem of a plan.

It is a CDB plan; therefore, screwed-uppedness is practically a given.  :P

This episode was good, it´s always nice to see something new, but it had way, way, way too much Maggie. She´s annoying with a stupid voice, if any one of them has to die I´d pick her but I wouldn´t be happy about it because of Glen and the baby. I just wish she´d have stayed behind. I missed Carol, they are crazy to go out fighting without taking her with, I guess they´re relying on her to come and rescue them later on. I know someone is gonna die soon, I just wish it didn´t have to happen. I don´t want to lose anyone that´s still left, I guess I could live with Abraham dying but not Darryl, please not Darryl :(

• Love 1

Darrell's crossbow was taken by the 2 who had his motorcycle, right? Then I would bet it will reappear in the hands of a Neganite, I'm sure those 2 were apprehended and killed back at the ranch. 

I thought he said "you think SHE would settle?" meaning most think Michonne is out of Rick's league. How naked did Rick and Michonne run out of the room? I can gather Carl would immediately put 2 and 2 together but the rest coming upon the scene, I don't know. They all know they both live there, they wouldn't expect them fully clothed, if everyone was woken up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I also think it shows how far Rick has come as a person. When Lori was around, he was still very insecure about what the fuck he was doing leading this band of random people around. He NEEDED her validation, because he didn't necessarily trust himself. With Michonne, he is confident enough in himself that he can ask her opinion and be receptive to her disagreeing. It's not going to crush him. He trusts her and I definitely think they make a great time, romance aside. 

Lori was indeed terrible at least in part because she often acted like the zombie apocalypse was meant to inconvenience her and her convoluted love life personally.  But to be fair, when we met Rick and Lori together they were only something like a month into it.  Rick a lot of times didn't really know what he was doing and he did doubt himself a lot.  He kept trying to apply rules of a world that had ended to the world they were in now with only varying degrees of success.  It didn't help that a lot of the people he was leading seemed to be under the impression that the ZA was something they just had to get through and as long as they kept the dishes and clothes washed eventually everything would work out.

By now, Rick gets how this new world works.  He and Michonne have been through enough and seen enough they don't need that kind of external validation.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 2

Why did they even need showers? Aside from Darrell that is but he's needed one since puberty set in. They just came from their beautiful homes with running water, had a little road trip then a 15 minute walk up to the gate.

(edited)

It didn't help that a lot of the people he was leading seemed to be under the impression that the ZA was something they just had to get through and as long as they kept the dishes and clothes washed eventually everything would work out.

By now, Rick gets how this new world works.  He and Michonne have been through enough and seen enough they don't need that kind of external validation.

It's funny, because I got the sense that Rick pre-walkers thought as long as he goes to work, be nice and never get mad, his marriage would eventually work out. Rick was in a coma way before he got shot.

I never got why one of the opening scenes of the series was Shane and Rick having a stupid-dude talk about women. It did show the difference between the friends, but it rang as more than that and I never got it until now.

Lori's ghost was a manifestation of Rick's need to run away from reality, which at the time was dire in the prison, back to his old life of pretending everything was ok. Jessie offered a close illusion, broken entirely when he cut off her hand. Michonne is his first partner that will not allow him to cut off and run away from reality.

Edited by LeeMoon
  • Love 7

I thought he said "you think SHE would settle?" meaning most think Michonne is out of Rick's league. 

Other way around. Rick is out of Michonne's league ... GB makes a dash before Richonne-nites rain down the heat of a thousand suns on me ... LOL

(edited)

Darrell's crossbow was taken by the 2 who had his motorcycle, right? Then I would bet it will reappear in the hands of a Neganite, I'm sure those 2 were apprehended and killed back at the ranch.

I agree - or maybe they were kept alive for Negan's guys to use and abuse - but one way or another, I think we'll see a reunion between Daryl and his one true love, Crossbow, before the end of the season.

And I agree with those who are asserting that Daryl said, "You think shit's settled?" -- Daryl's way of saying, "I ain't got time for this relationship bullshit."

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2

Why did they even need showers? Aside from Darrell that is but he's needed one since puberty set in. They just came from their beautiful homes with running water, had a little road trip then a 15 minute walk up to the gate.

Maybe Daryl's stinch was so strong that Gregory thought no way that odor is coming from just one person.

• Love 2

This episode was good, it´s always nice to see something new, but it had way, way, way too much Maggie. She´s annoying with a stupid voice,

I completely agree with this. Her acting (to me) has gotten worse over years, and not better. Too busy posing for magazines to practice that accent, I suppose.

Her expressions when she met with Gregory the first time were awful. Her default face was: :(

• Love 4

I completely agree with this. Her acting (to me) has gotten worse over years, and not better. Too busy posing for magazines to practice that accent, I suppose.

Her expressions when she met with Gregory the first time were awful. Her default face was: :(

Yeah, I feel nitpicky for saying so, but when she was telling Gregory about the "tomatoes and cucumbers," it sounded off.

• Love 1

I think suggesting that either Rick or Michonne punched above their weight class is wrong.

Both are intelligent, loyal, loving. They are fierce fighters and leaders. They are both imperfect in different ways and they balance each other. That's a result of their separate life experiences and how it's informed their individual growth which makes them able to see each other as partners and equals. And really they are significantly more beautiful than most people and together are just simply beautiful to look at.  

IMO this is one of the smartest, most organically conceived relationships on TV.

• Love 15

I agree her acting is dreadful and her default face has been :( for ages. I know there's nothing in the ZA to be elated about, but everyone has microexpressions at least. Or maybe she's realizing more and more that Glenn doesn't really do it for her as much as she'd thought.

In happier news, someone made a gif of a popular moment:

http://i.imgur.com/NrDTMpY.gif

• Love 2

But it was Jesus who mentioned the number, as if he had been keeping track. Maggie's "more" could have been a bluff, but it seemed like Jesus was doing Intel.

I haven't read all the comments yet, apologies if this is a duplicate.  I think Maggie's "more" was a combo about her being pregnant - and there is another number that couldn't be seen to include in the headcount yet, mixed with making the number sound higher for protective/defensive reasons.

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't hate Lori.  She wasn't my favorite character, but I didn't hate her.  I think if the ZA had not come along Lori and Rick would have ended up divorced.

The reason I'm worried about Michonne, or Glenn, or Maggie getting killed is because so many shows seem to believe it's the most daring, creative, unexpected thing ever to kill off a character who gets a little bit of happiness, even if they have already killed off a thousand other characters in the exact same scenario.

I thought Darryl said they wanted the cow more because he was annoyed about the way Gregory was treating them, and he wanted to enforce that they weren't weak just because they were low on supplies.

How is it that Jesus is so capable while everyone else at Hilltop is a spineless sheep?

• Love 4

I've seen this to be true a lot in real life (i.e., on non-TV men who aren't using dye or professional upkeep)--in fact, almost every guy I know has a beard that isn't the same color as his head hair. My BF has dark brown hair and a much lighter brown beard. My cousin has the same color hair as Abraham (I KNOW, HAHA!) and a paler, blonder beard. My friend has dark auburn hair and a lighter, more orange beard (why do I know all the redheads?). 

My cousin's hair is white-blonde, yet his beard is dark red.   But it's still jarring when they mismatch on TV.  Probably because we know it's fake.

• Love 1

My dad's hair was jet black but every summer he would grow out his beard and it was fire engine red.

Fire-engine red! Was your dad Satan? :-D

I find myself increasingly annoyed with the Alexandrians for not having container gardens, at least, and a community garden. I could see running low - maybe from walkers trampling the garden during the big breech - but nothing?

ZA Prep checklist (in progress):

Cardio

Ankle strength-training

Knife skills

Layered clothing

Swiss Army knife

Faraday flashlight

Google

Water filters

Seeds

• Love 3

My cousin's hair is white-blonde, yet his beard is dark red.   But it's still jarring when they mismatch on TV.  Probably because we know it's fake.

In the very specific context of this discussion, I feel compelled to defer to you based on your user name, haha!

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't hate Lori.  She wasn't my favorite character, but I didn't hate her.  I think if the ZA had not come along Lori and Rick would have ended up divorced.

I was ambivalent about Lori who I felt was used as a plot device to keep the Rick/Shane conflict alive, even after Shane died. I think that a lot of the hate thrown her way is unnecessary. I definitely don't think that Rick and Lori would have divorced if the Zombie Apocalypse had not occurred. They were going through a bad patch, but it didn't seem like they were at war or that the marriage was crumbling. Every moment of a marriage is not roses and sunshine. I think they would have gotten past it and gone on like many married couples.

I sometimes think about what would have happened if Lori had not died. While I think that Rick would have forgiven her eventually, she could not help hold him emotionally together. He could not confide in or trust her like he does Michonne. The break between Rick and Lori would have probably been permanent, especially after Michonne joined the group.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

It seems like Alexandria went down hill fast after Deanna's death. How long was CDB in Alexandria before the Horde broke in? Just a couple weeks right? They had plenty of food. They let the ants get the cookies. They were throwing casseroles around (did porchdick throw it or drop it? And I can't remember if Deanna threw it or just left it on the front porch). But regardless, they seemed to be stocked quite nicely. Then in two months it's all gone. They went from sweater sets and book clubs to murder for hire. No forethought- no rationing. Maybe Spenser has been stealing it all.

Also, just think about how many redshirt funerals they've probably had.

That's a lot of casseroles.

• Love 4

I didn't hate or even dislike Lori (didn't hate Andrea either).  I think her death is the most heart-breaking to date, and I can't imagine what it was like to die knowing you were at odds with your husband, your son hasn't been speaking to you and is about to witness you dying, and you're leaving a newborn behind.

I really hate everyone calling Michonne Carl's "real mom", as if she were behind the scenes raising Carl from birth.  Carl was a little shit back then.  Unless Lori tied him up and locked him in a room, Carl was not staying in that house.  Sure it was icky that Lori started sleeping with Shane so soon, but woman have done these things since the dawn of time to ensure their safety as well as their child's.  She fessed up to Rick, never tried to trick Rick into thinking Shane couldn't be Judith's father, never slept with both men at the same time.  She even sacrificed her life for Judith.  Lori would have lived long enough to get to Hershel - Judith wouldn't have. 

I hate to tell my fellow women, but most of us are more like Lori (or God forbid Beth) than Michonne or Carol.  Michonne and Carol were products of great suffering, and that's what turned them into warriors.  Maggie (I think) was just born tough.  Lori didn't just go off having her stupid car accident because she had a hissy fit and Daryl slapped her down.  Lori was trying to fetch Hershel because Beth was having her stupid breakdown.  Lori also saved Beth from her suicide attempt, and her inability to get away from Patricia.  I may have not particularly appreciated that she saved Beth - twice! - but I'm sure Hershel and Maggie did.  Lori also probably saved Carol's life when she stopped her from chasing after Sophia.

Back then I always felt there was a lot of misogyny in the complaints about Lori and Andrea.  Lori slept with two men (whore), didn't know who her baby daddy was, and didn't keep her son under control.  Carl had a father, too, as well as surrogate father.  Andrea slept with two men (whore) and had the gall to want to do macho male things like use a gun and stand patrol.  And now the Lori hate has seeped into my enjoyment of Colony, as evidenced by posters insistence of calling the SWC character Lori.

Carol is my girl, and my favorite, and I really love Michonne.  But if Sophia hadn't died, Carol very well may have stayed the passive meek woman.  Michonne became a machine-like warrior after the failure of her boyfriend to protect their son.  If this hadn't happened, Michonne may likely never have become a katana-wielding badass.  Lori stepped up when she had to, and did a lot of the thankless "women's work" that had to get done.  And for the record, I never considered Lori a Lady MacBeth (although I see that it's debatable).  And I think her reaction to Rick's confession of killing Shane was more related to the fact that Carl was present and had to put Shane down.  But even if she was as manipulative as some believe, surely the way she suffered in death is enough to pacify her haters.

• Love 16

I find myself increasingly annoyed with the Alexandrians for not having container gardens, at least, and a community garden. I could see running low - maybe from walkers trampling the garden during the big breech - but nothing?

I'm trying to remember, did any of the communities attempt farming?  Sure Hershel did at the farm, but that was already in the ground before the ZA.  Woodbury didn't seem to, and they stupidly wasted meat on the walkers.  They had some crops at the prison, but that was mainly due to Farmer Rick's attempt to rehabilitate killer Carl.  We know where Terminus got their food supply.  The Alexandrians seemed to have plenty of food before CDB came along.  Now in comparison to the Hilltoppers, everyone else is slacking crop-wise.  But Hilltop has a lot of plantation/slave symbolism, and it seems more a plot device than anything else.  Obviously the future lies in farming, and post-ZA is going to be a total agricultural society.

(edited)

I'm trying to remember, did any of the communities attempt farming?  Sure Hershel did at the farm, but that was already in the ground before the ZA.  Woodbury didn't seem to, and they stupidly wasted meat on the walkers.  They had some crops at the prison, but that was mainly due to Farmer Rick's attempt to rehabilitate killer Carl.  We know where Terminus got their food supply.  The Alexandrians seemed to have plenty of food before CDB came along.  Now in comparison to the Hilltoppers, everyone else is slacking crop-wise.  But Hilltop has a lot of plantation/slave symbolism, and it seems more a plot device than anything else.  Obviously the future lies in farming, and post-ZA is going to be a total agricultural society.

The Termites had some plants in containers, at least, going for sort of an Argentinian asado restaurant diet: heavy on the meat, plus a side salad.

I suppose it would be too much realism to have our characters displaying various symptoms of vitamin deficiency.

And, for the record, I think I'd be the Olivia of the ZA.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 2
(edited)

I didn't hate or even dislike Lori (didn't hate Andrea either).  I think her death is the most heart-breaking to date, and I can't imagine what it was like to die knowing you were at odds with your husband, your son hasn't been speaking to you and is about to witness you dying, and you're leaving a newborn behind...

I hate to tell my fellow women, but most of us are more like Lori (or God forbid Beth) than Michonne or Carol...

Back then I always felt there was a lot of misogyny in the complaints about Lori and Andrea.  Lori slept with two men (whore), didn't know who her baby daddy was, and didn't keep her son under control.  Carl had a father, too, as well as surrogate father.  Andrea slept with two men (whore) and had the gall to want to do macho male things like use a gun and stand patrol. 

If I could, I would give your post 100 thumbs up. I didn't want to quote your whole post so I just selected these bits. I was always struck by the lack of compassion in the judging and hate toward Lori for sleeping with Shane who lied to her about Rick being dead. Lori thought  her husband was dead and depending on his friend to help save her son in violent dangerous world. She turned to Shane for solace and companionship, but on some level she had to be concerned that he would abandon them or worse if she rejected him. I think that Lori did her best in a horrific situation. When her husband came back, she instantly rejected Shane and was faithful to Rick so of course, some fans hate her for choosing to become a loyal and faithful wife. Oy vey! As for the Andrea hate, no matter how people tried to rationalize it, it struck me as misogyny through and through. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11

Did he just want to make a demand? Get something "to boot" in the deal that was made?  Was  he craving a steak?  What good is a cow without a bull? Where would they put it to graze all day? A milk cow is no good without equipment to pasturize the milk and even if they did, human babies can't drink cow's milk straight up.

This group has proven time and again that they are incapable of protecting livestock.  Just ask the horses, cows, piglets, chickens, turtle, and dog (or was that Fear the Walking Dead?).  I would have loved to see how they planned to get a cow a "day's drive" home.

I don't think they currently have the space for the cow, but I'm sure they could figure it out.  They've still got Maggie, who's close to an expert.  I think they could easily treat the milk to make it safe.  On the short-lived show Utopia, they milked the cows, pasteurized the milk, and even made dairy products.  They didn't have much but a stove to work with.

• Love 2
This group has proven time and again that they are incapable of protecting livestock.  Just ask the horses, cows, piglets, chickens, turtle, and dog (or was that Fear the Walking Dead?). 

The dogs were on TWD and they all got eaten.:( The piglets still haunt me. I agree. No more pets for CDB.

I don't think they currently have the space for the cow, but I'm sure they could figure it out.  They've still got Maggie, who's close to an expert.  I think they could easily treat the milk to make it safe.

The cow would need more than the lawns to graze on all day, every day. It's just one cow, as far as we saw, so I don't know how much they would get in the way of dairy products. Adult humans have no need to drink cow's milk and babies can't, so other than the "Gimme that" factor, wanting the cow makes little sense.

• Love 3

This group has proven time and again that they are incapable of protecting livestock.  Just ask the horses, cows, piglets, chickens, turtle, and dog (or was that Fear the Walking Dead?).

If you are talking about the family pet that got eaten, that was on Fear the Walking Dead.