Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Hearing Problems

• Start Topic

Yeah, they do have a camera person in the car, and possibly a sound guy too, or one to do both.  Just like The Amazing Race.  If they didn't, we would never see video. 

;)

My understanding is that the cameras are in the cars. 

As ZM has said, camera persons aren't necessarily in the cars.  Deadliest Catch is famous for mounting go pros all over the place including the wheel house.  In many of the car scenes, it's obvious that a camera or cameras are mounted - two people sitting in the front seat. 

The interesting part of this, even if there was an actual camera person was there, Lisar could have said something and was 'calmed' by this person and encouraged to go on with the drive.  We'll never know that.  It's most likely against their contract.  And let's face it.  Situations like this are very confusing when you're going through it.  Your mind is going a hundred miles an hour thinking about what you should do.  Am I overreacting?  But I'm scared.  But this person isn't known for being physical.  What should I do.  I've got cameras on me too.  I stated in an earlier post that I would have gotten out of the car.  But that's me.  I don't do scary people (I spent too many years in NYC).  Maybe Lisar isn't that decisive.  In any event, she is entitled to feeling being scared.

• Love 10

As ZM has said, camera persons aren't necessarily in the cars.  Deadliest Catch is famous for mounting go pros all over the place including the wheel house.  In many of the car scenes, it's obvious that a camera or cameras are mounted - two people sitting in the front seat. 

The interesting part of this, even if there was an actual camera person was there, Lisar could have said something and was 'calmed' by this person and encouraged to go on with the drive.  We'll never know that.  It's most likely against their contract.  And let's face it.  Situations like this are very confusing when you're going through it.  Your mind is going a hundred miles an hour thinking about what you should do.  Am I overreacting?  But I'm scared.  But this person isn't known for being physical.  What should I do.  I've got cameras on me too.  I stated in an earlier post that I would have gotten out of the car.  But that's me.  I don't do scary people (I spent too many years in NYC).  Maybe Lisar isn't that decisive.  In any event, she is entitled to feeling being scared.

Even had there been a camera guy in the car, he would have been in the front passenger seat and in no position to stop or control Kim. Bottom line, Kim was out of control, she kicked the back of the seat and apparently kicked Lisa as well, called Lisa names and acted in a threatening, out of control way that would have upset anyone in a car with her.

• Love 13
And IMO, that limo ride with Kim and Lisar was scary.  It was.  Crap.  If it were me, I'd get out of the car at the next gas station or 7/11 and tell the producers I'm not doing this.  Kim was under the influence of something.   And people under the influence and acting in that manner can do things.  This was not a happy harmless drunk or someone harmlessly high on something.  And IMO, Kathryn shouldn't have questioned it.  She wasn't there.  Lisar, or anyone else, has the right to their feelings.   Should Lisar have brought it up?  No.  Not the right time or place.  Especially after Kyle said she was uncomfortable.  And yes, Lisar overuses the word 'addict'.

That clip freaks me out every time I see it.  This was not, to me, just another "she called me names" moment. There was such a darkness in Kim's tone of voice, body language, and the fact that they are just talking and this stuff comes up out of nowhere. I'm still freaked out, even though I just saw it on TV, and I fully believe LisaR is as well.

• Love 14

Kim and Brandi might as well have remained on the show this season. The other women don't seem to have anything else going on in their lives to discuss. LisaR just doesn't know how to drop it, does she? Kathryn -- news flash -- just because it's your home doesn't make it right. In fact, a good hostess would steer the conversation in a different direction if she saw it was making one of her guests uncomfortable. And pot meet kettle with Erika. Shushing LisaR and Kathryn, then turning right around and acting in same socially gauche manner at her own party.

Who appointed Eileen the moral compass of the show? Neither the Kim nor Yolanda debacles didn't directly involve her, so why doesn't Eileen STFU? She's not even subtle with the shit-stirring.

I don't understand this: Lisa Rinna said on WWHL that her hairdresser is the one who brought up the dreaded "M" word. Suddenly being coy about it made her look like both a hypocrite and a liar. I highly doubt that Yolanda would beat down every salon in L.A. trying to find the stylist who made the comment. I think that she'd consider the source to be "beneath" her. Besides, she's too sick to walk around and she might get some type of contact illness from the exposure to chemicals. /eyeroll.

Yolanda is certifiably nuts. I liked it when Lisa VP called her out about organizing the BH scavenger hunt last summer. That fell within the parameters when Yolanda was allegedly bed-ridden and unable to think, speak or walk. Why was her husband on? I thought they were divorcing?

I would totally ship Lisa VP and Erika's husband. Did they have chemistry or what? Lisa's sour-puss husband seems like such a dud. He reminds me of a two-legged Giggy.

Lastly, if Kyle's blonde friend from the restaurant was married to Dr Nassif, she sure has a crappy face job to show for it. Her eyes are pulled so tightly they look like quotation marks. Her mouth could barely move. When she said she's seen Kim, I had to repeat the scene three times to figure out what she was saying.

• Love 4
Right. Nameless bodies on parade at such a small party. The "Gays" on display. Creepy.  They're people.  How about a party with ten people we say everyone's name.

I feel like this kind of assessment is in the eye of the beholder. I was watching the same show and saw them as people. I'd be worried about myself if I thought anything else, to be honest.

What contributes to the feeling they were not really a part of the party is that when the women walked in, it was like a tableaux of guys in and around  the pool, all in speedos. There was almost no noticeable contact between them and the other guests. In fact, when LisaR and Eileen arrived, they asked  the guys, "Hi! Where's Erika Jayne?" and none of the guys in the shot answered. Otherwise, the guys were only seen hanging out together, with the exception of when Erika introduced "the guys in my show" and the dancer, Lockey, to them and he exchanged a few words with them.

Add to that the fact that no one else was told to bring bathing suits, so it seems only the hardbodied guys were expected to be "on display," so to speak. It all seemed so unnatural, not at all like a usual party. Of course, some of this could be due to production needs, since when there is a big party with people other than the HWs, the focus is always on them in groups or pairs. Yet, still....

Edited by renatae
  • Love 13

What contributes to the feeling they were not really a part of the party is that when the women walked in, it was like a tableaux of guys in and around the pool, all in speedos. There was almost no noticeable contact between them and the other guests. In fact, when LisaR and Eileen arrived, they asked the guys, "Hi! Where's Erika Jayne?" and none of the guys in the shot answered. Otherwise, the guys were only seen hanging out together, with the exception of when Erika introduced "the guys in my show" and the dancer, Lockey, to them and he exchanged a few words with them.

Add to that the fact that no one else was told to bring bathing suits, so it seems only the hardbodied guys were expected to be "on display," so to speak. It all seemed so unnatural, not at all like a usual party. Of course, some of this could be due to production needs, since when there is a big party with people other than the HWs, the focus is always on them in groups or pairs. Yet, still....

ITA with all of this. I haven't been to a party where the boys stayed on one side since I was 12. I was expecting a Beverly Hillbillies Carnival as ErikaJayne described. That party was a dud. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 13

Kyle may say it's okay for the group to discuss Kim when Kyle's not there, but God help them if they do. Kyle,will then accuse them of talking behind her back. As for EJ's muumuu, I don't agree that it was uglier than Kyle's muumuus, but it was definitely AS ugly! They obviously both have equally bad taste.

• Love 2

In addition to all that, when have we ever seen a camera person intervene in any action? Hair pulling on RHOA, physical attacks on various RH and their reunions, dangerous situations on Amazing Race and Deadliest Catch, and I don't recall any production interference. Even when Porsha attacked Kenya, I think it was basically the other HWs who pulled her off. I think Andy was standing somewhere on the periphery, but as I recall, it was the girls who really intervened.

• Love 2

In addition to all that, when have we ever seen a camera person intervene in any action? Hair pulling on RHOA, physical attacks on various RH and their reunions, dangerous situations on Amazing Race and Deadliest Catch, and I don't recall any production interference. Even when Porsha attacked Kenya, I think it was basically the other HWs who pulled her off. I think Andy was standing somewhere on the periphery, but as I recall, it was the girls who really intervened.

The only time I ever remember seeing a production crew intervene in a fight was on Mob Wives, when a stressed out, strung out Renee tried to attack the trashy Philly funeral girl in the Vegas hotel room. and maybe the fight between Karen and the same trashy chick.

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 2

I'm curious as to how anyone got a hold of that email. It certainly does sound like Yo. It makes me feel badly for her as she expressed such devastation. I remember her talking about this in pretty much the same terms on the show, just without exposing info about the state of the car, etc. She also was up front about the fact it was a DUI, no excuses.

Since the email talks about the state of the car, when it was supposedly written on the flight home, there are inconsistencies again. I think I read Yo claimed she wrote it on the plane.

I saw Bella's interview where she blamed Lyme. That explains to me why she was willing to talk about being sick, factually or not.

I didn't see where Yo made revisionist history and claimed Lyme instead of admitting it was plain and simple DUI. If so, well she answered her own question about where she went wrong.

I always assumed that Bella had shared the email with a friend and it went from there. I felt nothing but empathy for Yo when I read it. She wasn't acting the part of a reality star at the time, she was a mother who was desperately worried about her child.

I don't see any inconsistency here. Yo only ever said she wrote a letter to Bella on the plane. She has never said that she only wrote one letter. We have heard Yo say many times that letters are important to her. That she often writes them to people, and that she treasures those written to her (she said over and over she would rather have a letter or note from David than fancy jewelry).

While Yo did admit it was a DUI at the time, she threw out in her TH that Bella had only had one glass of wine, which could not have been true by her blood alcohol content. She certainly never hinted that Bella appeared to be spiraling out of control as she mentioned in her letter to Bella.

The only time I ever remember seeing a production crew intervene in a fight was on Mob Wives, when a stressed out, strung out Renee tried to attack the trashy Philly funeral girl in the Vegas hotel room. and maybe the fight between Karen and the same trashy chick.

They also intervened on the NJ show when that big fight broke out between Juicy and Joe Gorga when they were at that retreat a few seasons ago.

• Love 4

I always assumed that Bella had shared the email with a friend and it went from there. I felt nothing but empathy for Yo when I read it. She wasn't acting the part of a reality star at the time, she was a mother who was desperately worried about her child.

I don't see any inconsistency here. Yo only ever said she wrote a letter to Bella on the plane. She has never said that she only wrote one letter. We have heard Yo say many times that letters are important to her. That she often writes them to people, and that she treasures those written to her (she said over and over she would rather have a letter or note from David than fancy jewelry).

While Yo did admit it was a DUI at the time, she threw out in her TH that Bella had only had one glass of wine, which could not have been true by her blood alcohol content. She certainly never hinted that Bella appeared to be spiraling out of control as she mentioned in her letter to Bella.

They also intervened on the NJ show when that big fight broke out between Juicy and Joe Gorga when they were at that retreat a few seasons ago.

HAHAHAHA!!!  I forgot about the Joes fight and the mystery of the black schmeary stuff.

• Love 7

Camera operators don't get paid enough to intervene. They are carrying $5000 worth of equipment on one shoulder. A housewife means nothing to them.

• Love 5

Camera operators don't get paid enough to intervene. They are carrying $5000 worth of equipment on one shoulder. A housewife means nothing to them.

Not for nothing, but don't they have security there?

it would seem wise to have one person to keep some of those ladies in check.

• Love 2

Not for nothing, but don't they have security there?

it would seem wise to have one person to keep some of those ladies in check.

I think they have security at certain gatherings/events but there are producers present during filming all of the time with the possible exception of in the limos. 

• Love 2
Kim and Brandi might as well have remained on the show this season. The other women don't seem to have anything else going on in their lives to discuss.

That's not my impression at all. They've barely mentioned Brandi at all and Kim just comes up periodically when somebody asks Kyle about her latest arrest etc. Even this scene that brought up Kim quickly became Lisar and Kathryn talking about their dead addict relatives before Yolanda took over.

• Love 12

That's not my impression at all. They've barely mentioned Brandi at all and Kim just comes up periodically when somebody asks Kyle about her latest arrest etc. Even this scene that brought up Kim quickly became Lisar and Kathryn talking about their dead addict relatives before Yolanda took over.

I agree, and I was just about to post the same thing.  There has been pretty much no conversation about Brandi.  And It would be very unrealistic if Kim's name wasn't mentioned this season since she has had a complicated relationship with Kyle, who is not only her sister but still on the show.  Also, Kim was arrested for shoplifting while they were filming so we saw their reactions to that.

I think they have had lots and lots to talk about besides Brandi and Kim, and plenty going on in their lives.  The Yolanda story has dominated this season, and even though Yolanda is apparently on good terms with Brandi, she hasn't been mentioned even as a part of that at all.  There was also the situation with Kyle and Kathy, and Nicky Hilton's wedding, various vacations and trips, Faye vs. Kathryn, Eileen's problems with LisaV, the Erika Jayne stuff, the tiny pony saga, Eileen's sister's ashes, Ken's birthday party where he was shoved into the pool, and that's just off the top of my head.  None of that had anything at all to do with Brandi and Kim.

I assume that Kim would prefer not to be mentioned at all, but I would bet anything that Brandi is devastated that she's been all but forgotten.

I think this show is managing just fine without them.  (And yes, I know what lies ahead!)

• Love 15

Did Lisa Rinna even really directly bring Kim up? From what I remember, someone (maybe Yolanda) said that she could hypothetically say Rinna had an eating disorder. Rinna said she'd already been accused of that. Then one of the blondes (Kathryn?) pressed her to reveal the name of the accuser. I don't think she was purposely bringing Kim's name up.

I'm not a Rinna fan, but I think she's congenial, eager to please and therefore seen as an easy target by this group (wine glass fight notwithstanding). I think that's why Kathryn and Erika, the two newest additions felt so comfortable going so hard on her.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6

Did Lisa Rinna even really directly bring Kim up? From what I remember, someone (maybe Yolanda) said that she could hypothetically say Rinna had an eating disorder. Rinna said she'd already been accused of that. Then one of the blondes (Kathryn?) pressed her to reveal the name of the accuser. I don't think she was purposely bringing Kim's name up.

I'm not a Rinna fan, but I think she's congenial, eager to please and therefore seen as an easy target by this group (wine glass fight notwithstanding). I think that's why Kathryn and Erika, the two newest additions felt so comfortable going so hard on her.

Yea, the conversation got going about LIsar and potential eating issues, and she said she had been accused of this before. Kathryn asked her who had made the accusation, and she said something like "by the person who shall go nameless" or something like that, looking over at Kyle. She could have easily left it at that. It was Kyle who filled the empty space with "it was my sister". There was no need for Lisar to say more. Everyone got it: Kim said a terrible thing. It was indefensible. Her words actually would have been more powerful if she had just let them hang in the air. 

• Love 4

Kyle may say it's okay for the group to discuss Kim when Kyle's not there, but God help them if they do. Kyle,will then accuse them of talking behind her back. As for EJ's muumuu, I don't agree that it was uglier than Kyle's muumuus, but it was definitely AS ugly! They obviously both have equally bad taste.

I thought she was making fun of Kyle by wearing that muumuu. In fact her whole BBQ was kind of a slam on other HW parties. If she made it her thing it might be amusing but I don't think she's that clever and she's delusional about Erika Jayne's appeal.

• Love 9

South checking in...

You EAT barbecue...

You go to a restaurant that serves barbecue

You grill food.

I had this drilled into me when I moved from CA to NC.

BLESS my heart lol

Barbeque -from what I remember- is a term that started in the south - has to do with cooking pig/pork over and open fire.. the term '​BBQ'  means from the nose to the tail.  

The best pig/pork is the 'pit-style' of cooking. Dig a hole in the ground, make a fire and throw maguey cactus leaves over the coals, and yourseasoned pork in wet cotton and then burlap sacks. cover and wait.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 2

I am rewatching the episode as it is playing now and I can't help but think -- what's worse?  Bringing up Kim AFTER the group through passive aggressiveness jokes basically say Rinna has an eating disorder?  Although to be fair, I think Rinna started the jokes.  But Kathryn, understander of all addiction, didn't mind putting out there that possibility of Rinna having an addiction in her Talking Head.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8

I am rewatching the episode as it is playing now and I can't help but think -- what's worse?  Bringing up Kim AFTER the group through passive aggressiveness jokes basically say Rinna has an eating disorder?  Although to be fair, I think Rinna started the jokes.  But Kathryn, understander of all addiction, didn't mind putting out there that possibility of Rinna having an addiction in her Talking Head.

What is Rinna addicted to, well other than fame?  I am curious because Kathryn took such umbrage at labeling.

• Love 3

What is Rinna addicted to, well other than fame?  I am curious because Kathryn took such umbrage at labeling.

An eating disorder.  She commented about never seeing her eat -- only moving food around with a fork.

And your comment on the labeling is dead on!

• Love 6

For what? The Munchausen comment, the one she apologized to Yolanda for making/asking about? OR should LisaR apologize because Yolanda AND Erika lied about/to her? I think it is time someone read Yolanda and her sidekick/snitch for filth. JMO

Because she's a spineless, attention seeking, two faced pot stirrer. 

Anyone hoping Yolanda will read anything is going to be sorely disappointed; remember, she herself says she can't. 

I thought Yolanda couldn't read anymore...

You guys are super funny.

• Love 2

Ahhh, but that would apply to all of the HWs across the entire Bravo franchise not just LisaR. LOL

Lol, I was just thinking that spineless, attention seeking shit stirrer is the perfect way to describe Yolanda. 

Yolanda's the one who claims she has no brain function and can't read or write but we know of course it simply isn't true just as we know it's true that she hasn't been in bed for a year. Just as it's true that she's continuing to wear makeup, bleach her hair, eat certain foods, etc. We've seen this woman lie and play dumb over and over. I'm glad people are starting to expose Yolanda's filth because it really is shockingly dirty. 

• Love 10

Lol, I was just thinking that spineless, attention seeking shit stirrer is the perfect way to describe Yolanda. 

Yolanda's the one who claims she has no brain function and can't read or write but we know of course it simply isn't true just as we know it's true that she hasn't been in bed for a year. Just as it's true that she's continuing to wear makeup, bleach her hair, eat certain foods, etc. We've seen this woman lie and play dumb over and over. I'm glad people are starting to expose Yolanda's filth because it really is shockingly dirty. 

Avaleigh-give her a break she has not been photographed wearing nail polish.   And for someone with 975 different life threatening medical symptoms, including loss of eyesight-I almost put vision but she never has had much vision, she has very nice nails.

• Love 5

Between her Kafkaesque perpetuation of the "affair" dispute and her disingenuous abuse monologue, the blooms have been falling off the rose for me for a while with respect to Eileen. But I can't believe it took me this long to realize her constant professions of a need for "closure" and "resolution" are just her euphemisms for instigation, producer wet work, and pot stirring.

She is a nasty piece of work, that one.  If someone were to open her closet, you wouldn't believe the skeletons that would come falling out.

I had a couple of issues with the carnival or barbecue or whatever it was that Erika set up. Lisa Rinna hit a bulls-eye with a pop gun, isn't that amazing? Well it would be if the target was more than 10 inches away from her toy gun. But, whatever....

Joe 'the Boss' Girardi conveniently couldn't make it, he had a 'thing' in San Antonio. I'll bet my last dollar that Joe Girardi will never be present at any event where Erika's 'boys' are all in attendance.

My biggest problem is and has been in the past that Bravo chooses to portray the gay men in Beverly Hills as nothing more than silly little guys acting intensely flamboyant. Yes, I know, they're gay. But gay men aren't all giggly twits in speedos bouncing around on inflated animals in a pool or shaking their butts for the straight ladies to gawk at.. It seems demeaning to me. I'm sure these guys have intelligence and like to retain their dignity too. Doesn't Erika have ANY other female friends or relatives to invite besides her 'boys'?  I saw Ken and Donny sitting together at a little table, eating alone. Mauricio showed up and we saw him for about 5 seconds, then no more, why didn't they mingle with the boys?. LisaV is another one that seems to want to parade her gay party planner to the world as a statement for herself, "look how accepting I am,of gays, I must be a wonderful person". 

I just wish Bravo and RHoBH would just stop parading the gay men as a cliche. To portray them all in a blanket sort of stereotypical way just isn't right. People are all individuals and to shouldn't be pigeon-holed. These thoughts or beliefs don't accurately reflect reality.

• Love 8
Doesn't Erika have ANY other female friends or relatives to invite besides her 'boys'?

I don't think Erika really has female friends or at least doesn't have any who are willing to film with her. She mostly seems to hang out with gay men who are on her payroll. Yolanda seems like more of an acquaintance that she's playing up because Yolanda is the "friend" bringing her onto the show. 

• Love 12

I don't think Erika really has female friends or at least doesn't have any who are willing to film with her. She mostly seems to hang out with gay men who are on her payroll. Yolanda seems like more of an acquaintance that she's playing up because Yolanda is the "friend" bringing her onto the show. 

I don't think Erika has any female friends because she is a bitch and has this off putting way of making everything all about her.  Oh and she lies. From her rented tour bus to her really ticky tacky barbecue.   She just seems to always hand down the smack on the other women.  The women are so uptight-well two of them have been in Playboy and the rest of them, her friend Yolanda included, probably don't give a damn about watch her worm around on stage.   David Foster, producer extraordinaire passed when pressed to listen to her crappy dance music. 

• Love 9
LisaV is another one that seems to want to parade her gay party planner to the world as a statement for herself, "look how accepting I am,of gays, I must be a wonderful person".

Kevin Lee is a very well-known event planner. I doubt very seriously Lisa's use of his services is based on how his sexuality might affect her.

• Love 8

LisaV is another one that seems to want to parade her gay party planner to the world as a statement for herself, "look how accepting I am,of gays, I must be a wonderful person".

Lisa has more of a financial stake in her dealings with the gay community?  That has been her bread and butter for years. I am all for the making money aspect of running a business, but I stopped watching or caring for her after she did the Gay Pride parade with her sitting her fat arse on the float/throne or whatever it was.

It's NOT about you - it's about something totally else besides you opening a bar and selling overpriced drinks to people. The way she treats/deals with the people that work for her is another turn-off - it may be for 'reality' TV, but a boss should only be concerned about you getting to work and doing your job.

• Love 3

I think Erika only had the gay guys because it was a bravo party and she didn't want to deal with having any real friends there who would have to sign releases etc.  I think this show is part of Erika's business life and not part of her real life.  I doubt we will ever see her son either.  I am surprised she showed us her dog.  She is probably fun to hang with or those guys wouldn't be there.  She probably promised them free food/booze and a pool party for the afternoon and maybe paid them to be there. 

• Love 6

Kevin Lee is a very well-known event planner. I doubt very seriously Lisa's use of his services is based on how his sexuality might affect her.

I just very seriously doubt that any other celebrity that has used Kevin Lee has paraded him so visibly on camera. Oprah Winfrey has used his planning services but I don't recall ever seeing him as a guest on her show. Maybe he's giving Lisa Vanderpump a kickback or discount for the exposure on RHoBH.

Bravo paid most of those bills anyway, and probably him.

He was the guy the party planner in the remake Father of the Bride was based on, right? 

I have zero idea if this is true or not, but Kyle recently said on Twitter that Bravo doesn't ever pay for their parties.  I believe it was Heather on the OC show who said the same thing a couple of years ago. This makes sense, as sometimes you see a very fancy, well financed event, and other times you see a housewarming type party like the one that Brandi threw a couple of seasons ago, with cheap vodka and crappy looking food. 

• Love 5

I don't think Erika has any female friends because she is a bitch and has this off putting way of making everything all about her.  Oh and she lies. From her rented tour bus to her really ticky tacky barbecue.   She just seems to always hand down the smack on the other women.  The women are so uptight-well two of them have been in Playboy and the rest of them, her friend Yolanda included, probably don't give a damn about watch her worm around on stage.   David Foster, producer extraordinaire passed when pressed to listen to her crappy dance music. 

While there are things that I like about Erika, I do find it easier to believe that she doesn't have a lot of female friends. The reason I think this is because she does the thing that I hate in other women - constantly telling others what she thinks they need to be happy. The whole "everyone needs an Erika Jayne" in their life just drives me nuts. The fact that she feels like she is exposing them to something revealing when she educates them on the word "cu*ty. Does she look at these women and see others who are desperately unhappy with their lives? Does it look like they are all lacking something? For the most part, they seem pretty happy to me, so her assertion that they are repressed and she needs to help them find a way to fulfill their empty lives cracks me up. If she were dealing with someone like Vicki on the OC show - someone who has always seemed unhappy and appears to be looking for something to change things, it wouldn't be so irritating. It just seems presumptuous for her to believe that she holds some secret key to happiness. 

• Love 12

I have zero idea if this is true or not, but Kyle recently said on Twitter that Bravo doesn't ever pay for their parties.  I believe it was Heather on the OC show who said the same thing a couple of years ago. This makes sense, as sometimes you see a very fancy, well financed event, and other times you see a housewarming type party like the one that Brandi threw a couple of seasons ago, with cheap vodka and crappy looking food.

I heard the same thing from the woman who does the housewives imitations and who now has a show on radio Andy.

She went on to say that bravo was genius to get those women to do all of that for the exposure.

Some are obviously more savvy and get vendors to give them free food in exchange for promotion.

It sucks for someone like brandy who does not have that many rich friends or a good agent.

• Love 1

I like Ericka but she does something that drives me insane--loudly proclaiming all of her friends are gays or men as if she herself does not possess the horrific qualities of womanhood and so does not fit in with the tribe. Scheana did this on Vanderpump Rules before she became queen bee. Lala does it now. "Women hate me, I'm just like, you know, a guy's girl. I'm not into being petty." That shit. Except Ericka does it with her pet gays.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

Kathryn and Donnie's relationship is partly a parent - child relationship. He is just so stupid and needs to be mothered.

Maybe one too many hits to his head on the football field? He seems very immature to me. He knew Calcutta was in India, so there's that....

I agree with everything said about Tom, and Erika being a kept woman and being OK with that. I said once before that their home reminds me of Mildred Pierce, and Tom reminds me of The butler/director in Sunset Boulevard. Lots of scary old Hollywood vibe there.

I had to mute the sound during too much vocal fry coming from Kyle and Adrienne, then Kyle crying which only makes it worse.

Lisa R said "This isn't a barbecue. There are no weenies on the grill. All the weenies are in the pool!"

I wonder what Tom will think when he sees his properly-behaved wife screaming like a lunatic on television? Can't be good for business.

• Love 1

My understanding is that the cameras are in the cars. 

Check out the size of the limos they travel in when they pull up to an event/place. They don't travel in town cars - they travel in stretch limos (Town Cars are the smaller cars that are most like a 'regular' vehicle.) that way they can get a camera and sound man into the cabin. One way to see how many cameras there are in a scene is to pay attention to the cutting/editing of a scene.- that gives you an idea of how many camera people there are.

• Love 3

I think Kyle may be not entirely correct-Season 4 opener at her house with SUR catering, I can't believe she paid SUR to cater the party with the tie into Vanderpump Rules.  Quite honestly Kyle's BBQs  r Kathryn's luncheon don't seem to reek of opulence.  I don't think bravo paid for Jamie Lee Curtis event, Nicky Hilton's book signing.  It may be a yardstick production uses to measure and entice viewers with who throws the best parties.

I totally believe brandi financed her housewarming-she was counting how many limes were being used.

The white party food is comped by fatburger because Kim had a kid wth a fatburger heir or something.

Kyle's daughter dated one of the son's of Fatburger, Brooke married his twin.

• Love 4