Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Reason #5,000,601 that Mika should not be allowed the read the news: she just introduced newly-re-elected Senator Sherrod Brown as Ohio’s “newly re-elected governor.”

I just came here to post that!

Jane, you ignorant ...

Edited by The Solution
  • Love 3

I just turned it on to see Meeks getting all gangster on Rick Scott and then realized the clip was from two years ago.  And newly elected governor, heh . . . :)

I see they raced back down to FL to keep a close eye on those election results and Joe I'd ease up on that "you're a liar" throttle as you have your own greatest hits highlight reel dimwit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stoned said:

I see that Podhoretz has traded in his ugly sweater for an equally suit jacket...

Even the ugly plaid jacket is an improvement over the lavender sweater.  

Is this third hour a repeat of the first hour today?  It seems to be.  (Missed the actual first hour out West.) 

• Love 1

Last week when Mika called Whitaker ripped?  I figured out where it was coming from. His twitter profile pic is of him lifting weights. It's ridiculous.   

I LOL'd when the newly elected Congresswoman from Michigan (I think) called Mike "Joe".  

• Love 1

I didn't hear Meeka call Whitaker "ripped" or whatever.  The first time I saw a picture of him I thought Bond Villain.  To me he looks like he is taking steroids; he also seems to have angry eyes. I am surprised she actually knows what "ripped" is; Chris Cuomo in bermudas and a t-shirt, covering a hurricane, is "ripped" my dear.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I didn't hear Meeka call Whitaker "ripped" or whatever. 

I read it here, I guess she was telling everyone on the panel he was ripped and giggling about it. 

He did play football in college, he looks like he'd be a tackle or something, but he sure isn't "ripped".  Look it up in the dictionary, there's a picture of Chris Evans when he comes out of the machine in the 1st Capt America movie. 

It looks like Mika & Joe are in the new Florida bunker. Joe said that Rick Scott is doomed in the Senate for talking about voter fraud in Florida. Joe reluctantly admitted that the election worker in Broward was incompetent. Joe said he was a small town lawyer and everyone knew the character of other lawyers.

I don't like the new Florida bunkers. The show does not work when both hosts are absent from the main set.

It looks like Mika & Joe are in the new Florida bunker. Joe said that Rick Scott is doomed in the Senate for talking about voter fraud in Florida. Joe reluctantly admitted that the election worker in Broward was incompetent. Joe said he was a small town lawyer and everyone knew the character of other lawyers.

I don't like the new Florida bunkers. The show does not work when both hosts are absent from the main set.

• Love 2

They're laying on the "grace and civility" bit really thick.   Like we should all stand and applaud and not forsake hope for the future because a couple politicians managed to behave like human beings.   Pretty low bar these days.

Mika's looking air brushed.   At this rate it won't be long before she's an anime character.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

I agree with Joe about the deficit and the tax breaks.  Obviously the other republicans aren’t thinking like him.  Why else would you give a tax break when the economy is strong?  Then throw out hints about the out-of-hand social programs?  Besides wasn’t it Cheney who said if we learned anything from the Reagan years, it’s that deficits don’t matter?

Was a little surprised that Joe didn’t give Reagan credit for the current ballooning deficit.  But then he would’ve had to give Clinton the opposite credit.  He even worked Obama into the picture even though he inherited the worse economic disaster.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, crossover said:

I agree with Joe about the deficit and the tax breaks.  Obviously the other republicans aren’t thinking like him.  Why else would you give a tax break when the economy is strong?  Then throw out hints about the out-of-hand social programs?  Besides wasn’t it Cheney who said if we learned anything from the Reagan years, it’s that deficits don’t matter?

Was a little surprised that Joe didn’t give Reagan credit for the current ballooning deficit.  But then he would’ve had to give Clinton the opposite credit.  He even worked Obama into the picture even though he inherited the worse economic disaster.

Joe is a hypocrite. He got elected to Congress by attacking President Clinton in 1994 over his tax hikes. Joe loved tax cuts when he was in Congress.

Ok, I have been staring at the tee vee screen letting my coffee get cold and having to remember to blink these stories today are so off the wall.  I mean it's no secret that the WH is out of control but geez the First Lady calling for a senate confirmed staffer to be fired because she was unhappy with the seating arrangements on Marine One (among other things)?  And worse I think Mika was right when she said the President doesn't understand that the Senate isn't "bigger" than the House.  Good God we really are in it.

• Love 7

Mika & Joe still refuse to return to the set. I find it hilarious how Mika got so emotional over reading the Monica Lewinsky story. They just went to break. I am sure that Joe would not allow any discussion on the topic. It's too close to his & Mika's relationship.

Does Mika realize that she has no credibility on discussing these issues. ?

I like her black

Joe tried to get the other panelists to go along with his daily "Trump is doomed" over the latest chaos in the White House.

Do you only get on Morning Joe now if you have a book to sell?

I find it hypocritical to have Barnicle & Joe lecture viewers on respect for the troops etc & Trump 's rude behavior to not a lay a wreath.

Of course Trump is rude. How many times did Barnicle & Joe advocate sending US troops to Syria to get rid of Assad? Did they care about the troops then being away from their families at Thanksgiving?

Joe & Barnicle never asked their kids to volunteer for military service.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is a hypocrite. He got elected to Congress by attacking President Clinton in 1994 over his tax hikes. Joe loved tax cuts when he was in Congress.

No doubt this was true.  It sounds like he idolized Reagan who pushed "trickle down" (which never happened).  He was probably one of the republicans who didn't support Daddy Bush who had to raise taxes because the Reagan years had left us in such an economic state.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

I find it hilarious how Mika got so emotional over reading the Monica Lewinsky story. They just went to break. I am sure that Joe would not allow any discussion on the topic. It's too close to his & Mika's relationship.

I really have a different word for it.  Why are TV producers still harping on this Monica-thing?  I don't feel sorry for her.  Most interns come from money or connections.  So, I don't believe she wanted to kill herself.  Or, she was flipped before this occurred.  I don't believe she was misused.  She didn't act like a virgin so she knew what she was doing.  Didn't she and her friend preserve the dress?  Cunning!! I don't think Bill Clinton should go around groveling so that the women TV analysts can have something else to talk about.  Mika should be happy with Al Franken leaving.  She should just cry over Trump's transgressions.  He's the one who is affecting people's lives.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I find it hilarious how Mika got so emotional over reading the Monica Lewinsky story.

I was almost in tears from how exhausted I am with this being brought up over and over.  

FFS Mika, she had an affair with a married man. Nine times out of ten, the man is going to lie his ass off. Ken Starr and the FBI were terrorizing Monica, thanks to her pal Linda Tripp setting her up in her quest to destroy Bill. 

Mika should try listening to the Slow Burn podcast re Bill & Monica. Tripp was interviewed and admitted how she screwed over Monica, but thought it was for "her own good".    

Did you guys hear Thomas Jefferson had an affair with one of his slaves???  Somebody call Mika!!!! 

Speaking of Know Your Value, has Mika booked Michelle Obama?  

• Love 13

Why do we have to cover the daily hissy fits of the WH.  

Joe talking about trump and the Constitution in one sentence. Lord.

I actually stopped paying attention till Bryan Cranston showed up. :)

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Did Mika ask him what Breaking Bad was? "I never watched it, too icky". 

No. LOL. The interview was mostly with Willie and Barnicle with Joe chiming in off set in LALA land or wherever.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

I find it hilarious how Mika got so emotional over reading the Monica Lewinsky story. They just went to break. I am sure that Joe would not allow any discussion on the topic. It's too close to his & Mika's relationship.

I simply can't.  The first thing I hollered was, "Meek-a, we're NOT doing this shit with you this morning!  Look into the light, boo!  Look into the light and then a mirror! The only difference between you and Monica is that your adulterous relationship worked out for you!"  Or, at least to the extent that being in a relationship with Joe is actually a positive thing.

Monica Lewinsky had an affair with a married man--an affair she initiated.  This was after having had an affair with another married man for several years.  I'm sure that wife is still waiting for an apology!  It's downright offensive on so many levels that she's trying to latch onto the MeToo Movement--a movement started by a woman in Harlem over 10 years ago to give young people who were being sexually abused a voice.  Just stop.

I thought I would also keel over when Jeff Flake--the biggest flake who ever flaked--admitted that the U.S. troops deployed from Tuscan to stop "the caravan" are actually 90 miles from the border and that this deployment was nothing but a stunt.  Excuse me while I pretend to be shocked!

• Love 14

I wish I could have stuck it out longer this morning, seems like i missed a lot of good snarkable material.  I just got Joe with Doris KG, and that's a bad mix.  I like her, but she triggers Joe to B L O V I A T E like pontificating is an Olympic event and he's going for the gold.  She has gravitas given what her career is, causing Joe to become more florid and self important... as if she's going to quote him in presidential biographies and his words will be etched onto monuments nation wide. 
This was after they had on someone great, who dropped wisdom bombs, and when this person was finished speaking, Mika offers this heartfelt, well thought through rejoinder, "Interesting.  We'll be right back."   "Interesting."  That's her contribution.
I couldn't continue the trudge.

I'm honestly shocked that Monica Lewinsky's libido is still a discussion point.  If Bill had gotten her pregnant, that kid would be 24 years old - 2 years out of college.  I've said it before, I have a friend who worked there and the day she showed up at the WH as an intern, they labeled her The Stalker.  She'd always sidle up to Clinton out of nowhere.  She'd always appear near him suddenly.  She never did any work at all, and no one was clear why she was there.  Before it all happened my friend said plainly that she thought Lewinsky wanted the President to notice her, in order to hook up.  She said she has "daddy issues."  And it turns out she was 100% right about Lewinsky.  Banging bosses and the married friends of her father was her move.
And that's all cool.  Let yer freak flag fly, Monica.  Get it how you like it, but you're not a victim, nor an avatar of victimhood.  And Mika, you're so tone deaf it's fucking incredible. 

• Love 12
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:52 AM, oakville said:

Joe said Trump won’t run in 2020 or might be challenged by Nikki Haley.

I think the plan is to dump Pence and it will be Trump/Haley 2020.  (just my gut feel)

Edited by roughing it
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, crossover said:

Why are TV producers still harping on this Monica-thing?  I don't feel sorry for her.  Most interns come from money or connections.  So, I don't believe she wanted to kill herself.  Or, she was flipped before this occurred.  I don't believe she was misused.  She didn't act like a virgin so she knew what she was doing.  Didn't she and her friend preserve the dress?  Cunning!! I don't think Bill Clinton should go around groveling so that the women TV analysts can have something else to talk about. 

It plays to Republicans' outrage.  You do recall, they are the party of family values after all. /sarcasm/

Edited by roughing it
  • Love 4

First few minutes, Mika’s off and it’s noticeable. Noticeable because Willie’s banter w Joe is professional and when he reads the news it’s smooth, understandable, not mangled or tinged with weird inflections and tones  

So much more watchable without Mika. 

• Love 7

Gah, Joe please stop with all of this hand wringing over what has happened to Mike Pence because nothing has happened to him.  This is who he is and he had to take this gig as he was going to become politically extinct if he didn't sign up with Trump.  I would also recommend not standing too close to him when he's being interviewed as I swear one day a giant lightning bolt is going to come thundering down from the heavens and incinerate him.

And Mika has the morning off.  Must be getting a KYV touch up.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Speaking of Know Your Value, has Mika booked Michelle Obama?  

Ok, that did a great job of cleaning out my sinuses . . . hee!

eta:  Now after reading through previous posts maybe she could invite Monica as they have a few things in common.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

"PG&E declined comment," no shit. Its  equipment was responsible for 17 of  21 wildfires in NoCal last year w/ potential liability of $15 billion; 8 of those incidents were referred for prosecution; 4 verdicts so far, 3 liable and 1 skate. At minimum, its liability for the Camp Fire will be another $15 billion. Too big to fail. 

• Love 4

I was glad to see so many panelists around the table with Willie, instead of the Brady Bunch thumbnails.  But Joe can't be bothered to come to the set?  

So, we need ID to but cereal, but Joe can hook us up with his Trix dealer?  Okay then.  

The Ojeda segment was good.  No Joe so he had room to breathe.  Mika, bless your heart, this show is so. much. better. without you.  Night and day.
Biden/Ojeda 2020.  Are you kidding me?

Picture this,  "AM Politics with Willie & Ruhle"   Nice, right?

Heilemann to Piers Morgan:  "Say what you want about Teresa May, but she hasn't take the side of a wildfire against the citizens of her country."  Love it

FWIW, Elise Jordan has worn that same buttony sweater 3x in the past week on several shows.

• Love 5

Also, Piers Morgan is an idiot.  His take is that if only Trump had been human regarding the wild fires instead of vindictive and petty and cruel, that Trump could help to stamp down (a fire metaphor, Piers, you idiot) the toxicity in world politics at this moment.  Well, Piers, Trump is the physical embodiment of toxicity.  He's the root cause of most of it.  He's not awash in a tide of it from elsewhere, he produces it. 
And, Acosta is a big story, you moron, because the White House banned him for demanding answers, attacked him professionally, and accused him of a crime.  Oh, also, they doctored a video of Acosta to gaslight the public.  THAT IS WHY IT'S A MAJOR STORY, YOU DB. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Also, Piers Morgan is an idiot.  His take is that if only Trump had been human regarding the wild fires instead of vindictive and petty and cruel, that Trump could help to stamp down (a fire metaphor, Piers, you idiot) the toxicity in world politics at this moment.  Well, Piers, Trump is the physical embodiment of toxicity.  He's the root cause of most of it.  He's not awash in a tide of it from elsewhere, he produces it. 
And, Acosta is a big story, you moron, because the White House banned him for demanding answers, attacked him professionally, and accused him of a crime.  Oh, also, they doctored a video of Acosta to gaslight the public.  THAT IS WHY IT'S A MAJOR STORY, YOU DB. 

Morgan is a bootlicking toady.   If he wasn't real, he'd be a character on some British dramady.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Gah, Joe please stop with all of this hand wringing over what has happened to Mike Pence because nothing has happened to him. 

As a citizen of Indiana I can confirm.   Word on the street is Mother is none too pleased with the situation he got her into. 

So Joe, as usual you know jack about what you're talking about. 

I will say, the stuff about Trump thinking Dems wore a disguise and voted multiple times made my morning. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Gah, Joe please stop with all of this hand wringing over what has happened to Mike Pence because nothing has happened to him. 

I found the Mattis hand-wringing odious.   "A decent man," Douchebro professes,  "a decent man," then lays out how the decent man has been instrumental in turning our military forces into propaganda tools for Trump. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

I found the Mattis hand-wringing odious.   "A decent man," Douchebro professes,  "a decent man," then lays out how the decent man has been instrumental in turning our military forces into propaganda tools for Trump. 

Unfortunately the military is under the command of the President.  Maybe Elise & Joe aren't clued in to whether the Joint Chiefs, or Mattis, or whomever, tried to explain to Trump that this was going to go horribly wrong. 

Border Security is stating that the military is there to put up fencing, etc. I'm pretty sure a National Guard company could have accomplished that.  You can't blame the military for doing what the Commander in Chief orders them to do.   As long as in this case it's just helping secure the border and not engaging with the immigrants. (Not that I agree with it, but I'm not going to blame Mattis for following orders). 

If we're going to mourn the demise of people who used to be good "Republicans", whatever happened to Joe Scarborough and Elise Jordan?  Joe, who swears he's not a Republican any more, propped up Trump for 18 months until Trump didn't need him any more and cast him aside. If you leave a Party, don't you let go of the ideals of said party, instead of clinging to them with a death grip?

Elise just wants to be paid by a network to tsk tsk about the people who kowtow to Trump, while she remains in the Party that is doing his bidding. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

(Not that I agree with it, but I'm not going to blame Mattis for following orders). 

I think Scarborough was suggesting Mattis resign rather than carry out said orders.

As for the "good Republicans," Scarborough's a day trader.   When it comes to Trump, he'll vacillate whichever way suits the moment.   Over the summer, he was passive-aggressive pro Trump; now that the winds have shifted, he's leaning back towards his WaPo op-ed persona.

• Love 4

Ah I see the Oracle of Orange County has weighed in, Brokaw has pronounced the next 100 years the Century of the Woman (guess those pesky little stories about him chasing female co-workers around his hotel suite in London have died down).  I have only watched maybe 10 minutes of the show and they are fixated on Reagan Country and now it is lost to the democrats.  All that's missing is Peggy Noonan for God's sake

And ps, I know Brokaw lives in MT but the way he was wailing away about Orange County turning blue made it sound like he was the mayor there or something.

• Love 4

Oh My God, did anyone else just see Mika's face when they cut to her after introducing the Let's Roll Around In The Clinton Lewinsky Scandal A Bit More Shall We?  She was just glaring at the camera with her arms tightly crossed over her chest.  I didn't get it at first until they started rolling the A&E docu-drama teaser.  I wish I could get a screen shot of that, I would make it my screen saver.

• Love 4

I cannot believe it.  I honestly can't.  Mika's "Sad Face" + sigh as she intros a six part documentary on Lewinski's & Clinton's libidos.

Fuck you, Mika.  You're older and more mature than Monica was.  What's Joe's ex-wife's name?  His daughters' name?  Mika had sex with their dad and husband while lying and cheating on her own family cuz it felt so good.  But everyone else is a sinner and abuser.  Fuck off 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I cannot believe it.  I honestly can't.  Mika's "Sad Face" + sigh as she intros a six part documentary on Lewinski's & Clinton's libidos.

Fuck you, Mika.  You're older and more mature than Monica was.  What's Joe's ex-wife's name?  His daughters' name?  Mika had sex with their dad and husband while lying and cheating on her own family cuz it felt so good.  But everyone else is a sinner and abuser.  Fuck off 

And they carried on so blatantly (on TV for all their related spouses and children to see) that even their own network created skits for them on SNL.  Paragons of Virtue you are not Meeks, ditch the faux outrage.

• Love 3

Really Mika! You say Hillary should have shown more sympathy towards Monica!   This is bizarre.  I never liked Bill or Monica.  They had an affair.  She was 24 when it ended, not a child as Mika is implying.  I might be more sympathetic if Monica hadn't resurfaced during Hillary's run for office.  Monica was all over the news for a few weeks in 2016.  Now we have this documentary.  Is this a last try for more fame and money?  I can understand how Monica would be bitter but she wasn't a little girl.  What she had to deal with in the aftermath of the affair was extremely difficult.  I am sure she suffered especially from being in the spotlight and feeling adrift.  However it was a consequence of her poor choices and not Hillary's fault.  It looks like Monica wants to be viewed as a victim.  I don't plan on watching the documentary. 

• Love 10

It's time to analyze Mika's fixation on how sex is dirty, and how she is so so drawn to sex / power imbalance. 
1. It's her fetish.  She needs daddy's love and is unhealthily drawn to obsess over sex with powerful older men.  She hates herself for loving it and loathes others who don't have the self control to keep the desires at bay.  Same critical eye does not pertain to her, duh.
2. See #1
3. I'm 50% sure that Joe and Mika after a bottle of Grey Goose is lying on its side late Saturday nights, both put on mid-90s Banana Republic suits and she dons a brunette wig and they role play "Bill & Monica."  She saves the dress.
Funny how Mika fixates on this more as she gets older and older.  Perhaps some unraveling of demons?

• Love 3

Well I am glad that now that I stopped watching MJ for a week I find them much more amusing again (although they really need to get a new opening block as I think I speak for all of us when I say the pondering about whether our president is sane or can he go any lower has been dragged to death.  There's lots more to dissect, please pick a new lane).  Landsnark, your posts and the picture I have in my head of Meeks glaring at the camera like a three year old that's just been told they can't have cake until they eat their dinner will make me giggle for the rest of the day and I thank you for that as I think we could all use a good chuckle these days.

Have a great weekend everybody!

• Love 5

Funny, Mika seems more upset about a consensual affair that happened 20 years ago  than she does about people being burned alive in their cars in California. Didn't notice any tears shed over that. 

I don't think Mika really gives one whit about Bill Clinton or Monica Lewinsky.  She uses it to jump on the #metoo movement, and give her credibility since she & Joe get raked over the coals every couple months about their affair. She can shout Know Your Value til the cows come home.   No one is listening. 

Know Your Value is just the lamer version of Lean In.  Let's show rich white ladies how to get richer. 

Mika should take note of how well Sheryl Sandberg is faring these days. 

Remember the good old days when Vanity Fair wrote articles about them and she posed with her leg in the air?  How did those funny sunny days turn so ugly? 

• Love 9

I cannot believe it.  I honestly can't.  Mika's "Sad Face" + sigh as she intros a six part documentary on Lewinski's & Clinton's libidos.

Ironic, because Lewinsky should be the poster child for Know Your Value. In fact, Mika's KYV production company should be renamed, "Blue Dress Productions."

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6

JC. I'm glad I only watched the first hour this morning.

I liked the lawyers from the Federalist Society.

When Mika opened the show with the CA fires it was sobering. She follows that up with trump will visit there tomorrow.  Why?

Seems Mika Lewinsky took yesterday off to practice reading the tel-e-prompter. Over. enunciated. every. syllable. yet the inflections were still off. What a joke she is. I only flip by when the business channels are on commercial but I know what I'll always find: Mika in her black quilted top, shaking her head in disdain, (though now with the added excitement of watching for the stray wisps of hair unleashed from the poorly pinned bun situation), Joe bellowing about "this President", the same tired panel of pundits. What a joyless, depressing show. I think they realized just how much damage their on air flirting did to their reputations as "journalists" and thus now rarely appear side by side. Any inside dirt on when this shit show will be replaced?

Tom Brokaw? Seriously? 

• Love 8