Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Please God, don't ever again make me listen to Noah Rothman talking about sexual activity..

I prefer not to listen to No No Rothman talk about anything.  Hence the channel changing.

Question: If the hosts can't show up, why should the viewers? 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I am digging Mika's strident, forceful, non-wimpy/sullen tone this AM.  She called McCarthy a suckup! Hee.

Please God, don't ever again make me listen to Noah Rothman talking about sexual activity....

Mika+suck up was hilarious.

Mika and Daby Rothkopf.  She wouldn't even attempt to read his tweet because she "wanted to get it perfect."  Oy

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I am digging Mika's strident, forceful, non-wimpy/sullen tone this AM.  She called McCarthy a suckup! Hee.

Please God, don't ever again make me listen to Noah Rothman talking about sexual activity....

Ok now I am even happier I missed most of the show today.  I caught DKG once again wringing her hands as to when Trump will have a presidential moment and Steve Schmidt then basically backing a cement mixer over her and her dreams of that ever happening.  I am a DKG fan but it had to be done.  I happily grabbed the remote as I decided to leave on a high note.

• Love 6

I didn't see today's show...who is DKG?    I take it Joe wasn't there...he could never give up the stage to Steve Schmidt.  No matter what his previous politics were or what he did during the Bush years...I would almost pay money to listen to him on one of his rants.  Since Richard Painter doesn't seem to be anywhere lately Schmidt will have to do.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

DKG

She's delusional. FFS Doris, stop writing about Abraham Lincoln for five minutes and read current events. Google Donald Trump- money laundering, non payment of vendors, race discrimination re rental property, affairs, siding with authoritarians, lies, not understanding foreign policy. 

That should give her enough reading material for a month.  

1 minute ago, Kemper said:

DKG?

Doris Kearns Goodwin. Don't feel bad I almost asked the same thing.  Took me a minute...

I kept thinking Dolce & Gabbana? 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She's delusional. FFS Doris, stop writing about Abraham Lincoln for five minutes and read current events. Google Donald Trump- money laundering, non payment of vendors, race discrimination re rental property, affairs, siding with authoritarians, lies, not understanding foreign policy. 

That should give her enough reading material for a month.  

Doris Kearns Goodwin. Don't feel bad I almost asked the same thing.  Took me a minute...

I kept thinking Dolce & Gabbana?

Plus I wish Doris would stop dragging up TR too.  Somehow I feel like she degrades presidential history.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, stormy said:

Plus I wish Doris would stop dragging up TR too.  Somehow I feel like she degrades presidential history.

It's fine if you want to talk about history, but the media's incessant need to  compare former presidents to Donald Trump is getting really old. 

What in God's name did he ever do that made anyone think he would be presidential? 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I caught DKG once again wringing her hands as to when Trump will have a presidential moment

Isn't this what parents do when they fret that their child will never, ever have a poopy in the potty? That got old two minutes after Jan., 2017. However,I  will totally hunt down the clip of Steve Schmidt shutting that down now. Because I only watch clips if any of them sound interesting after reading the boards.  

• Love 4

The video of Chuck and Nancy (and OMG she's fierce!) at the WH yesterday is pure gold. I could watch it all day long. I don't what was better. Chuck never turning his head or Nancy's smackdown.

• Love 12

Since Richard Painter doesn't seem to be anywhere lately Schmidt will have to do.  

He is a bizarre dude.

The video of Chuck and Nancy (and OMG she's fierce!) at the WH yesterday is pure gold. I could watch it all day long. I don't what was better. Chuck never turning his head or Nancy's smackdown.

I am  driving to work today and a lightening bolt hits me in the head, that if they can impeach both Pence and Trump we will have our first woman President.  I know--DUH!!!- but it only just occurred to me.

Mika is still strident even tho Hubby is back in da' house.  Good!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Mika is still strident even tho Hubby is back in da' house.  Good!

I usually don't like words like "shrill" and "strident" being used to describe a woman's demeanor, but that's exactly how I'd characterize her delivery today. She was definitely in high dudgeon.

I've also noticed that her fumbling delivery has now extended beyond the teleprompter into regular conversation. It's like she just can't even be bothered to sputter out the right words.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, revbfc said:

Did I imagine Mika using the term “butt boy,” just now?  I’d like to think I misheard her.

You heard correct, she did say it. They tried be cut it out on the 7 second delay, but missed. She later apologized on Twitter.

• Love 2

Holy cowpies Mrs. Scarborough really stepped in it.  It hit both Mediaite and the Daily Mail in record time and she set Twitter aflame.  Missed the show today, will be tuned in tomorrow at least for the beginning of the show.  Yikes indeed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Holy cowpies Mrs. Scarborough really stepped in it.  It hit both Mediaite and the Daily Mail in record time and she set Twitter aflame.  Missed the show today, will be tuned in tomorrow at least for the beginning of the show.  Yikes indeed.

#KnowYourValue, but only if you’re a straight white woman. I see I’m not missing much in missing the show these days.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

#KnowYourValue, but only if you’re a straight white woman. I see I’m not missing much in missing the show these days.

I *think* I heard Mika say that, based on the Pelosi-Shumer-Trump-Pence meeting, Nancy Pelosi Knows Her Value. I might have dreamt it, however. But if she did say it, I must thank Mika. Otherwise, I'd always wonder. /s

In discussing the P-S-T-P meeting, did anyone mention Pence and how he just sat there, Weekend-at-Bernies-like, throughout the conversation? Twitter was all abuzz last night about Pence. My favorite was "Whose turn was it to reboot him?" Seriously, he looked half-dead.

I missed the butt-boy thing but read about it later today. Do we think Mika will be "away" tomorrow?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Do we think Mika will be "away" tomorrow?

It will be interesting if she/they are there and if anything further is said.  I find it odd that they couldn't catch it in the seven second delay or maybe the fact that they broadcast from a remote location messes with those timeframes.  Further thoughts in KYV section of MJ forum.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, cased said:

You heard correct, she did say it. They tried be cut it out on the 7 second delay, but missed. She later apologized on Twitter.

I didn't think it was much of an apology. Especially since it was issued in response to someone's criticism and not a stand alone statement.

And "super bad choice of words" is not an acknowledgement that what she said was a derogatory slur of gay men. And even though she tries to cover up with "I should have said" the fact is she didn't. She said what she said. Take ownership.

ETA

Joe reminded the audience yet once again that while Trump may be a Republican he was once a Democrat. I say he was neither. He is an opportunist.

And someone needs to remind Joe that for all their Never Trump posturing on the show now, he and Mika held softball interviews with him as a candidate and happily went to his New Year's party after the election.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

Is that fireable?  Not quite Martin Bashir or Pat Buchanan or Alec Baldwin level of offense.  But offensive nonetheless.  100% chance she's heard ZBig use that phrase a million times.

Secondarily, her crush Avenotti was right. I wonder if he'll be booked this week.

• Love 1

Uh-oh, no Meeks today (Joe said she's taking a looooooooooooooooooong planned day off with her family and she'll be back tomorrow and of course they will talk about . . . baseball).  Such a card that one.

And after all the nice things that Fox News said about her last night . . . 

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4

Willie, Mike B, and Eugene Robinson did a nice job pushing back on Roger Marshall, Kansas representative. It could have been better but since I haven't seen them do this before I give them credit for the attempt. It is past time for cable hosts to question people who spew out wild statements that have no validity. Kudos to them.

Edited by madfortv
Corrected wording
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Uh-oh, no Meeks today (Joe said she's taking a looooooooooooooooooong planned day off with her family and she'll be back tomorrow and of course they will talk about . . . baseball).  Such a card that one.

And after all the nice things that Fox News said about her last night . . . 

Did anyone offer any better apology than “SUPER BAD” and acknowledge what she said was an unacceptable homophobic slur? 

I finally saw a clip. It didn’t even phase her, or anyone/Joe in his separate bunker. I imagine it’s the sort of thing they express at home often enough. 

• Love 3

JFC I cannot believe I missed Mika's last day on MSNBC.  And I was home yesterday I could have watched the whole damn thing. 

Today I was thinking that what they're doing is slowly transitioning out of the show and handing it off to Willie or a new host TBD. 

If she had an ounce of class, she would have been on the show and apologized profusely.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Did anyone offer any better apology than “SUPER BAD” and acknowledge what she said was an unacceptable homophobic slur? 

I finally saw a clip. It didn’t even phase her, or anyone/Joe in his separate bunker. I imagine it’s the sort of thing they express at home often enough. 

I had the exact same reaction when I saw the clip.  Joe didn't even wince when she said it so clearly this is acceptable to them off camera.  And if she really had the day off scheduled long in advance then she should have videotaped an apology to be played at the top of the show in her absence.  I notice they conveniently cut Joe's explanation of her absence from the rerun at the top of the final hour.  The whole thing is gross.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

JFC I cannot believe I missed Mika's last day on MSNBC.  And I was home yesterday I could have watched the whole damn thing. 

Today I was thinking that what they're doing is slowly transitioning out of the show and handing it off to Willie or a new host TBD. 

If she had an ounce of class, she would have been on the show and apologized profusely.  

Mika's last day, hee!  The whole thing is so odd, I agree about a slow transition/hand off to a new team.  I mean the last hour hasn't been live in what, over a year?  That's ridiculous and clearly they are easily replaced at the drop of a hat.  MSNBC has some good people that could fill those Louboutin's in a heartbeat.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madfortv said:

Willie, Mike B, and Eugene Robinson did a nice job pushing back on Roger Marshall, Kansas representative. It could have been better but since I haven't seen them do this before I give them credit for the attempt. It is past time for cable hosts to question people who spew out wild statements that have no validity. Kudos to them.

MADFORTV thanks for flagging this as I didn't see this segment.  For those that missed it too (unfortunately this is edited down and there was more BS from Rep. Marshall) but I thought Willie did a great job (he looked like he wanted to crawl out of his skin before he even spoke so maybe the GOP better rethink who they select for cameratime):

I always tape this show (and anymore rarely watch it) but today I was in the doctor's office and when I was in the waiting room Morning Joe was on the tv and the interview with the Kansas rep was just starting.  What an IDIOT.  It was funny to see Willie's, Barnicle's, and Eugene's faces.  I'm glad they weren't buying what this idiot was saying.   Actually chuckled when Willie ended the interview and said that the terrorist in Kansas that the rep had referenced did not come through the southern border but was from Missouri.  Maybe the rep can build that wall around Kansas.

• Love 4

Well she's back and after kicking off the show she gave her apology.  It was fine, perfunctory, but then again I don't know what else she could have said.  There was a bit of hyperventilating ath the opening but it stopped after her apology.  I'm not watching the rest of the show so have a good weekend everybody.

• Love 5

Why is Joe's hair so close-shaved on the sides and so pompadour-y on top?  And why does the the puffy top list to one side?  It looks like the Titanic going under.

I missed the first minute; tuned it to Meek-a apologizing for something.  What did she say that she had to apologize for?  Was in something on the show or on her own time?

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4

I tuned in at 4:04 6:04 and the apology was over by then, missed it. They're out to distract with Brady Bunch boxes this morning, caught a shot with 7 of them. There were 4 faux Bradys squeezed into the bottom row and Joey was centered in an oversized box, hoping to take the heat off the Mrs (who does love her some optics). 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, suomi said:

I tuned in at 4:04 6:04 and the apology was over by then, missed it. They're out to distract with Brady Bunch boxes this morning, caught a shot with 7 of them. There were 4 faux Bradys squeezed into the bottom row and Joey was centered in an oversized box, hoping to take the heat off the Mrs (who does love her some optics). 

Suomi, Ladyrain and for those that missed it:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mika-brzezinski-apologies-for-vulgar-butt-boy-comment-i-will-work-hard-to-be-better/

• Love 4

Ugh acckkk Christ on a cracker why can’t Mika read the TelePrompTer in any coherentent way. I can’t get over it. I can’t get past it. Make the whole show seem amateur, parody, fake, unwatchable. Let willie do it. Let Joe do it.  She has to be able to do it better than she does. Why why why does she think stuttering thru introductions and news stories enhances her effing value? Intolerable

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

As I walked into the lobby at work this am CBS news was on and a big banner says Jared Kushner is being considered for chief of staff.  Huh???  Was this covered on MJ this am?--I didn't watch all of it.

I only half listen to this crap show, so I'm not sure it if was mentioned or not.  But MSNBC was talking about it last night.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Today Jonathan Capehart is on the show.

I can't believe he would go along with a stunt like that. "Look we have a gay person, we're not bad!"  

I watched the first few minutes and missed the apology.  She just needs to go away.  And there were hundreds of reasons before this happened. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I can't believe he would go along with a stunt like that. "Look we have a gay person, we're not bad!"  

I watched the first few minutes and missed the apology.  She just needs to go away.  And there were hundreds of reasons before this happened. 

That's what I was thinking. 

"Look! We have a token gay guy".

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

Ok, looks like they're back in FL and Meeks maybe got a new hairstyling tool because there is a lot going on on top of that noggin today (not saying it looks bad but an effort was clearly made).  Joe is droning on about how we can't take all of these interuptions from the president anymore as they are too disruptive and I thought so is watching MJ's version of the Brady Bunch every morning.  Someone is lacking a little in the self awareness category.  I am only going to stick around today as I know they are going to get around to their arch enemy Stephen Miller so Meeks can wring her hands over the children and Joe can mock his Hair In A Can hairdo.

Oh and I just wanted to throw it out there that Noah Rothman is on as I know everyone enjoys him so you may want to tune in accordingly.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1

What is that backdrop behind Joe supposed to be?  Because it looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I like Meek-a's dress this morning but the bewbs are enormous.  They're straining the material underneath.  I'm waiting for a wardrobe malfunction.   Joe must like them, though.

I can't overstate enough how much I loathe those two in their bunkers.   Can you think of any other news show on any other network where the hosts are never ever in the studio?  It's pointless, distracting, disrupts the flow of conversation with guests, and I find it downright pompous that they have so little respect for the high-paying jobs they have that they can't even bother to show up to work like everybody else.

• Love 10

Meeks, please put a lid on your 'concerned dramatic face' before going to break.  It's unprofessional and immature.  Oh!  I forgot.  That is you.   Never mind.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Meeks maybe got a new hairstyling tool because there is a lot going on on top of that noggin today

As opposed to inside that noggin . . .

OK, that was kind of mean, but I hadn't read your warning, Chloesmom, and I woke up to Noah Rothman on my TV. Not a good way to start the day.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

What is that backdrop behind Joe supposed to be?  Because it looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

I like Meek-a's dress this morning but the bewbs are enormous.  They're straining the material underneath.  I'm waiting for a wardrobe malfunction.   Joe must like them, though.

I can't overstate enough how much I loathe those two in their bunkers.   Can you think of any other news show on any other network where the hosts are never ever in the studio?  It's pointless, distracting, disrupts the flow of conversation with guests, and I find it downright pompous that they have so little respect for the high-paying jobs they have that they can't even bother to show up to work like everybody else.

I read somewhere that Hannity sometimes does his show from a bunker at his house (I don’t watch the show, so I don’t know how often). Also, Joe used to do his Scarborough Country show remotely from Florida (although I think he was in a studio). However, neither of those shows are panel discussion shows like MJ, and I agree with you that the current setup is very disjointed and distracting. 

• Love 3

At least Noah Rothman's smug, punchable face said something that was directionally accurate.  Trump is a clown.

Mika's shirts no longer fit the same.  I think what happened is she heard her father died.  She then put her fingertips together in front of her mouth as she deliberated for 2 seconds.  Then she smashed the glass around the phone and called her surgeon and booked an appointment. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh and I just wanted to throw it out there that Noah Rothman is on as I know everyone enjoys him so you may want to tune in accordingly.

Nope. As soon as I saw his face I turned on Netflix - West Wing.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2