Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I think Pence and 'mother' are even worse than trump in a weird way. Trump doesn't give a crap about any of the far right BS he professes nowadays. He's only in it for himself and how he can benefit from the presidency to the detriment of us all. Pence actually believes the shit he spews  and if the world goes to hell in a hand basket well then it was Gods plan and the righteous will be saved (which he thinks is him)

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Yeah, it's interesting. To the I'm better than thou crowd, it's now acceptable to do everything they professed made them better than everyone else.

Yeah ballooning deficit republicans?? Anyone...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

That's what all this bullshit about "we went down there to yell at Trump" is. 

And if that doesn't work they can always kick Ivanka around:

Ah to hear lectures from those that have such clean hands themselves . . . 

• Love 6

Joe has been tweeting photos from Fenway Park this evening, so I assume he’s in Boston at the World Series. Also, I noticed that both he and Mika were gone for the last hour of the show today, so maybe Mika went with him.

so, I would expect at least Joe and maybe Mika to be off tomorrow. Then they will be back in Florida for their Friday live show. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, cased said:

Joe has been tweeting photos from Fenway Park this evening, so I assume he’s in Boston at the World Series. Also, I noticed that both he and Mika were gone for the last hour of the show today, so maybe Mika went with him.

so, I would expect at least Joe and maybe Mika to be off tomorrow. Then they will be back in Florida for their Friday live show. 

And the winner of the day off is . . . Joe!  Thanks for the reminder about their Friday show, I set a reminder as I want to take a look at the crowd they attract.

• Love 1

Ok, I take back every lousy thing I have said about Deutsch as he is very good at his job.  That ad they just ran for voting for kids made me cry.  I hope it blankets all media markets as it's terrific.

I still want to punch Podhoretz in the throat when he talks about low unemployment as in many areas of the country those jobs that are available are low end, no benefits jobs (you know, like the poor guy he excoriated on Twitter because his burger was late).

God I hope this Robert DeNiro bomb scare is a false alarm.

eta:  And now I really want to throttle Podhoretz as he's arguing with Donny about that ad (he called is exploitative).  What a spoiled jerk.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 8

Christ you can tell I haven't watched the show in a week, is Mika high?  She can't string two coherent sentences together and actually just got lost in the middle of one (I know the producers must be in her ear with updates but she should be used to that).  She just told Podhoretz to hold that thought but unfortunately it was Heileman that was speaking . . . yikes.  Hey, sounds like Megyn Kelly is going to be looking for a new gig.  Maybe she could step in and lend a hand.  What a mess NBC has become.

• Love 3

Mika’s using her scared, cry voice today.  Alternating with her lecture voice. 

Please just report the news and moderate the panel. Crying and lecturing should be saved for your party nights with Joe. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Mika’s using her scared, cry voice today.  Alternating with her lecture voice. 

Please just report the news and moderate the panel. Crying and lecturing should be saved for your party nights with Joe. 

Her dramatic voice is out of place, and I have been finding it really annoying.

Does anyone know how I can find that voting for the kids ad? I missed it.

• Love 2

On a day like this I could do without Doris Kearns Goodwin talking about George Washington or history. Trump is like no president ever and nobody should expect normal behavior from him. 

I LOVED Donny Deutsch calling the famously blue sweatered Podhoretz 'dude' when he was saying the ad wasn't speaking to his kids. Yeah because I'm pretty sure your kids aren't going to be kicked off health insurance. I noticed Donny and his patterned were just gone off of the set after that; no thanks or anything. I would have liked to hear more about future ads they're planning.             

Partner, not patterned

Edited by suziespend
Typo because I just woke up
  • Love 7

I'm not sure it's up yet. I think he said it was going to be a video ad only. He mentioned Facebook but maybe it will be other places too. 

They just found another package addressed to Joe Biden while Mika lectures us on how important it is to remain civil and not 'go low'. Yeah but unfortunately bad behavior is the one bring rewarded 

• Love 2

And also according to Mika dems can't win. They either have no message or they're stooping down to trumps level. We have a president who's the high school bully and all the pussy footing around that's been done the past two years has only emboldened him more. 

Oh goodie, Jon Podhoretz and Noah Rothman both one in one day. And according to Rothman you can't blame all the republicans for not standing up to trump. It's an election year after all. smh

Edited by suziespend
Just heard his smarmy voice
  • Love 1

Mika is incapable of anchoring breaking news. After watching Velshi & Ruhle set the bar yesterday, I am surprised that MSNBC is sticking with her. I’m sure she would like to go home. I had to turn to CNN.

Mika, like Trump, is looking for ways to blame the victim, just like she did in the Kavanaugh hearings. And if there’s a way to blame the Dems, she will find it. Every day, she proves that their support of Trump was real and based on shared values. 

• Love 3

Go Mika! She stood up to Noah Rothman. She pushed back hard stating that the Democrats provided a unified response in the past to push back on violence against the Republicans. She asked where are the Republicans in this situation.

Edited by madfortv
Added more clarification and corrected grammer
  • Love 3

I don't want to hear from the trump apologists.

Stop normalizing him.

This morning NYT reporter Elizabeth Bumiller pissed me off with her trump was making fun of his self (at his rally last night). His whole look at me, aren't I behaving bullshit is not cute or funny. I don't even know what words best describe his foul behavior.  :(

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Eliot said:

The both-sidesism is thick on the set today.

Because, you know, yelling at someone in a public restaurant is EXACTLY THE SAME as blowing them up in their home.

I agree with you in general, but don’t forget about the shooting at the Republican softball practice. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Mika lecturing that obsequious lizard Noah Rothman is gruesome TV.  She's awful and he's pro-Nazi.  Why isn't there one fucking adult on set?

John Heilemann was the one adult on set but he left.

Now Mikas looking straight into the camera telling Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan they have to stand up to trump re his latest hateful tweet. Too bad they can't see you Mika, they're watching Fox News.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Because, you know, yelling at someone in a public restaurant is EXACTLY THE SAME as blowing them up in their home.

Republicans bring up the shooting at the baseball game last year where Scalise was shot.

Newsflash: not a single Democrat ever said "Lock Steve Scalise up! Steve Scalise is destroying America! He's the problem!" 

So yeah, knock off the both sides bullshit, Mika.   You still have the stain of helping get this nightmare in the White House where he can spew his bullshit to the unhinged. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

1. It wasn't prompted by repeated, daily, hourly, violent rhetoric from any left wing figurehead.  Never.
2. Every left wing leader with a voice condemned the attack immediately.  They wanted to restrict access to assault weapons from crazies.  They offered help and love to the victims.  They denounced that act and any similar act.
NOTHING like that is happening now.  Trump blamed the victims today.  The two events are not analogous.  There aren't two sides to this.
Twice Maxine Waters asked her followers to be angry and to be rude in public to people who want to take their rights.  Once Eric Holder said to a private meeting of political operatives that they need to fight back and used violent metaphors.  That's 3 instances and nothing has come of it. 
There is no equivalence.  There is no "both sides do it."
Again, another instance of how the left wing must play by the rules while the right wing are felons and unethical, wildly immoral animals, running around DC like it's Lord of the Flies.

4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Republicans bring up the shooting at the baseball game last year where Scalise was shot.

Newsflash: not a single Democrat ever said "Lock Steve Scalise up! Steve Scalise is destroying America! He's the problem!" 

So yeah, knock off the both sides bullshit, Mika.   You still have the stain of helping get this nightmare in the White House where he can spew his bullshit to the unhinged. 

Exactly.

• Love 4

God love Doris Kearns Goodwin. So sweet and genteel trying to figure out a way to explain this foolish idiot in terms of how we expect our president to  behave.

I was just coming here to say that yeah sure, we need the highly respected DKG to come in and tell us how Presidents have reacted in the past to these kind of threats. (they strongly and unambiguously condemn them. )That's like hiring Grizzly Adams to come in and tell you that a bear shits in the woods.

that obsequious lizard Noah Rothman 

I JUST SAW NOAH ROTHMAN 20% smile/smirk!!!  It was and is a terrifying thing. Mika is pushing him.  Go Mika!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Just saw a clip on Twitter. I don’t get why they’re (Joe and Mika) so harsh on Deutsch. He’s sleezy but really, really good at his real job. I’ve seen him on evening MSNBC shows and he’s done fine there. 

On a petty note. Mika needs to be nicer to him in hopes he shares the name of whoever is doing the work on his face. Whatever she had injected in her face isn’t settling, and you can see the injection point in her lower lip. It’s a bad look made worse by the plaster of make up. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, stormy said:

God love Doris Kearns Goodwin. So sweet and genteel trying to figure out a way to explain this foolish idiot in terms of how we expect our president to  behave.

Even Mika had had enough and basically just interrupted her to say, "Yeah, but Doris, Trump's not doing any of that!"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Even Mika had had enough and basically just interrupted her to say, "Yeah, but Doris, Trump's not doing any of that!"

Yeah. I'm sure it pains Doris. With her knowledge of presidential history, there's no way to explain it.

Like I said earlier. At least don't have the trump apologists on.

And FFS he's out first thing this morning tweeting about fake news and the media being the enemy. Thank God no one has been injured or worse. Because I doubt he would act any differently.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

They might as well run in the chyron: 

Doris Kearns Goodwin: Lincoln worked to bring country together,; FDR  much better at handling tense situations.  This message brought to you by the law firm No, Shit & Sherlock. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Just saw a clip on Twitter. I don’t get why they’re (Joe and Mika) so harsh on Deutsch. He’s sleezy but really, really good at his real job. I’ve seen him on evening MSNBC shows and he’s done fine there. 

On a petty note. Mika needs to be nicer to him in hopes he shares the name of whoever is doing the work on his face. Whatever she had injected in her face isn’t settling, and you can see the injection point in her lower lip. It’s a bad look made worse by the plaster of make up. 

I like Mika & Joe, but I’m siding with Deutsch on this one.  The man has his moments, and today was one of them.

• Love 2

Hey, aren't they supposed to be in Boca?  Bummer.  Oh well, I went to see if I could find out what happened and ran across today's guest list:

Updated Fri. guest list: Donny Deutsch, Michael Steele, Hans Nichols, Joyce Vance, Clint Watts, Jonathan Swan, Elise Jordan, Eugene Robinson, Jeremy Bash, Ian Bremmer, Nick Thompson, Michael Beschloss, Victoria DeFrancesco Soto and more

Lots of righteous indignation this morning and now he just called Democrats dumb because they won't call the Republicans out on their tax plan for the rich while taking away your healthcare hey wait a minute I am pretty sure I have heard this from the Democrats I am out of here . . . dolts.

• Love 3

Oh wait, this just in . . . Meeks says they were supposed to be in Boca but because of all that is going on they decided to stick to the news.  By running the show from your bunkers in Pensacola?  There is no bottom with these two.

• Love 4

That black top looks good on Mika.  I do believe she's used some of her time off to... um... enhance herself.

When these morons are all in different rooms, they talk over each other.  It's awful.  Many voices speak up at once because they can't see each other and aren't sure who should lead.  Willie must hate this gig.

• Love 2

Eugene Robinson's editorial=depressing.

It's completely f'"*d up that trump is so horrid one day and the next day he out does himself. Up tweeting BS lies at 2am.

It's time for the Republican leaders who have nothing to gain by keeping quiet, to speak out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

That black top looks good on Mika.  I do believe she's used some of her time off to... um... enhance herself.

When these morons are all in different rooms, they talk over each other.  It's awful.  Many voices speak up at once because they can't see each other and aren't sure who should lead.  Willie must hate this gig.

Hee, my favorite is when you hear Meek's plaintive off camera wailing/sighing/peeps.  I don't notice it as much with anyone else but her.

• Love 1

Joe was describing how CNN are journalists and not anti-American and how they "pissed off Hillary Clinton's campaign," and dumbass Mika raises her hand and says, "guilty."  because that ******* **** is an investigative journalist breaking news on Hillary's campaign?  Oh, no, she wasn't.  She was a blabbering idiot who simply repeated, "her emails," and "optics," and "Wall Street."  Fuck you, Mika.   Fuuuuuuuck you.  You couldn't get a job at CNN, you insignificant nitwit.

• Love 11

I turned on a minute to see which coffee shop in Boca they were torturing

Turned it off when Joe & Mika started going off on Clinton campaign blaming the media for the election, like it was a badge of honor for them.

Hey dumbass, it was because entire media focused on emails, and let Trump spout lies, racism and bullshit for 18 months. 

Not exactly something for any of you to be proud of. And Mika, holding her hand up like "yeah me too".  Fuck off. 

3 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe was describing how CNN are journalists and not anti-American and how they "pissed off Hillary Clinton's campaign," and dumbass Mika raises her hand and says, "guilty."  because that ******* **** is an investigative journalist breaking news on Hillary's campaign?  Oh, no, she wasn't.  She was a blabbering idiot who simply repeated, "her emails," and "optics," and "Wall Street."  Fuck you, Mika.   Fuuuuuuuck you.  You couldn't get a job at CNN, you insignificant nitwit.

You and I are typing the exact same thing at the same moment! :)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Hey dumbass, it was because entire media focused on emails

"Her emails" was a huge HUGE deal with Mika for years.  And it's not because Mika is a news hound and a demanding citizen of democracy.   During the period Clinton was being investigated by the FBI, for years, Secretary Kerry used a private email server.  Currently, it's accepted fact that Trump uses an unsecured phone line.  Kerry did exactly what Clinton did.  Literally identically the same thing.  What Trump is doing is far, far worse, potentially criminal in its negligence.  Not one fucking peep from Mika.  Not one word.
She was hard on Clinton because she loathes Hillary Clinton.  She took pot shots out of spite.  Not out of integrity or journalistic excellence.

I like the boob job, Mika.  Pretty much hate the rest of it.  And that's who you are.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Her emails" was a huge HUGE deal with Mika for years.  And it's not because Mika is a news hound and a demanding citizen of democracy.   During the period Clinton was being investigated by the FBI, for years, Secretary Kerry used a private email server.  Currently, it's accepted fact that Trump uses an unsecured phone line.  Kerry did exactly what Clinton did.  Literally identically the same thing.  What Trump is doing is far, far worse, potentially criminal in its negligence.  Not one fucking peep from Mika.  Not one word.
She was hard on Clinton because she loathes Hillary Clinton.  She took pot shots out of spite.  Not out of integrity or journalistic excellence.

I like the boob job, Mika.  Pretty much hate the rest of it.  And that's who you are.

Mika hates any woman who has actually earned her position of power, respect, stature. She's so insecure that there are women who are brilliant, funny, and informed, while her talent is wine, contouring and plastic surgery. 

Breaking News :  Package sent to Cory Booker, found at FL  post office  and it appears they're evacuating area just down the street from Time Warner building another pkg found there, addressed to James Clapper via CNN. 

JFC. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

8:30 AM:  Joe said,  "I can't believe I was ever a Republican."  You mean until 8:29 AM today, when you turned Democratic? 'Cause you certainly haven't been one before that.

while her talent is wine, contouring and plastic surgery. 

"Wine, Contouring and Plastic Surgery" is a new show on TLC!!!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8

Every once in a while, Joe says something that reminds me why I still watch this show. Today he said this:

"They’re doing this caravan nonsense because they’ve cut taxes for the richest people on the planet. Not the 1 percent, the 000.1 percent, and Donald Trump after he did it flew down to Mar-a-Lago on his big ole jet, and he sat around the table with billionaire friends and said ‘I just made you all a lot of money today.’ And then guess what? Then they went after your health care, and Mitch McConnell said they’re coming after your Social Security and Medicare to pay for the tax cuts for the rich. Now, that’s what’s happening in your life…and they don’t want you to know that. So guess what they’re doing? They’re talking about brown people that are coming and they’re going to take over your towns...because they think you are stupid.”

He is 100% right. Credit where credit is due.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Every once in a while, Joe says something that reminds me why I still watch this show. Today he said this:

"They’re doing this caravan nonsense because they’ve cut taxes for the richest people on the planet. Not the 1 percent, the 000.1 percent, and Donald Trump after he did it flew down to Mar-a-Lago on his big ole jet, and he sat around the table with billionaire friends and said ‘I just made you all a lot of money today.’ And then guess what? Then they went after your health care, and Mitch McConnell said they’re coming after your Social Security and Medicare to pay for the tax cuts for the rich. Now, that’s what’s happening in your life…and they don’t want you to know that. So guess what they’re doing? They’re talking about brown people that are coming and they’re going to take over your towns...because they think you are stupid.”

He is 100% right. Credit where credit is due.

Yes and that's what the "No Message Democrats" as Joe refers to them, have been saying for months.  

Is he acting like he's telling people something new? Or just assuming his audience is low information voters? 

• Love 11

I agree with you Eliot. Usually Joe is a self serving douche but what he said is spot on. I live in NY and the dems are running non stop health care ads which is great but just the way joe said that really packed a punch. Hope the dems use it.

Im at work, have MSNBC on my phone. Obviously they're talking about the new bombs found and a customer looks at me and says 'that's total bullshit. It's not even Americans sending them'. And that sums up what the dems are up against.

• Love 8

Due to the time slot, MJ rarely catches a break. It seems like 90% of major news happens after they sign off or on Friday/over the weekend. By the time they're seated at the table or assembled in their bunkers again every major story has already been covered in depth (and better) by others. 

• Love 3