Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

8:12 AM:  Mika again tells us that she and Joe went down to Florida in 2016 to meet with trump and tell him he JUST HAS To stop with the birtherism and all the hateful rhetoric.  He didn't listen to them of course, so then they proceeded to try again by giving him tens of millions of dollars of free coverage on their show for the next 2 years straight.....

Wait what? She is actually saying that?   So why didn't they say anything about this "meeting" in 2016? 

Joe & Mika must take lying classes with Jacob Wohl.  

Try again. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I saw Mika struggling to explain "increasing to a 15,000 number" re the troops on the border, she again today sounds like she's either on some type of med, Botox around her mouth is restricting her ability to speak, or she just can't form a coherent sentence.

Today was the first day in a while I spent time watching parts of the show and Meeks looks like she's about ready to explode right on air.  At first I thought it was teleprompter issues (hers) but now it's like she gets so wound up she can barely speak/form a coherent sentence and again she is just a big ball of anger/rage barely contained beneath the surface (hence the overload of Botox).

One of these days she's going to go all Jessica Savitch:

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Today was the first day in a while I spent time watching parts of the show and Meeks looks like she's about ready to explode right on air.  At first I thought it was teleprompter issues (hers) but now it's like she gets so wound up she can barely speak/form a coherent sentence and again she is just a big ball of anger/rage barely contained beneath the surface (hence the overload of Botox).

One of these days she's going to go all Jessica Savitch:

Wow.  Just wow.   And yeah - Meeks is on the brink.  She's either pissed at her fiance for taking so much time away - or she's feeling trapped into this grand love affair that she has no way of backing out of without embarrassing herself.  Well, more than she does on a daily basis already.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 3

The "We went to FL and demanded Trump stop the birtherism but he wouldn't so we were like, OK can you call in Monday"  nonsense, acting like if they shame Lindsay Graham (like that's possible), and calling Trump an idiot every day will absolve them of their complicity, they're only kidding themselves. 

Can you imagine Rachel saying "Yeah this weekend Susan & I drove down to Mar A Lago and told Donald Trump to knock it off". 

• Love 11
On 10/30/2018 at 7:07 AM, novhappy said:

Willie’s hair is ridiculously too dark and monotone.

I just saw picture of him as Ferris Bueller for the Today Show Halloween bit. His hair is really dark. So I wonder if they put a temp rinse on it so he'd look more like Matthew Broderick. 

15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Taking this to Small Talk. 

So little snowflake Meek-a has to take the day off after all that talking and worrrrrrrk she did yesterday?  Okay then.   I also find it hilariously ironic (or ironically hilarious) how she and Joe cannot stand to sit next to each other on air anymore.  And now they can't even be on-screen together, in different secret bunkers.  Should we be taking bets on a cancellation date of the engagement?

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 6

I thought for sure that Joe mentioned Steve Schmidt would appear today.  Granted, I dozed back off for about 1/2 hour towards the end of the show...did I miss him?  But lo and behold, there was Tom Brokaw...who didn't sound as frail as he usually does; he is still boring.  And I woke up to hear Joe and someone I had never seen before waxing poetic about Reagan and old-fashioned "Conservatism"...spoken in the usual revered tones.  When Joe whispers the "C" word, I always expect angels to sing and sunbursts in the background.  Ah, the good old days of St. Ronnie...when "the government is evil" began.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And I woke up to hear Joe and someone I had never seen before waxing poetic about Reagan and old-fashioned "Conservatism"...spoken in the usual revered tones. 

Yes dear Ronnie, he of the "Welfare queens driving Cadillacs and strapping young bucks using food stamps to buy steak and lobster", Iran Contra & supporting Apartheid. 

Good times, Joe!! 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, stormy said:

What the hell was that Kornacki Murphy Brown thing?

I saw the tail end of it right before I turned the tv off and left. 

I haven't even bothered with Murphy Brown. It's too embarrassing to even think about. 

I can't take Kornacki. I like him as a person, and a host, but the next five days is stressful enough without him jumping around and swooshing the screen. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

So little snowflake Meek-a has to take the day off after all that talking and worrrrrrrk she did yesterday?  Okay then.   I also find it hilariously ironic (or ironically hilarious) how she and Joe cannot stand to sit next to each other on air anymore.  And now they can't even be on-screen together, in different secret bunkers.  Should we be taking bets on a cancellation date of the engagement?

I think they would break up after the show gets cancelled.

• Love 5
On 11/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, teddysmom said:

I saw Mika struggling to explain "increasing to a 15,000 number" re the troops on the border, she again today sounds like she's either on some type of med, Botox around her mouth is restricting her ability to speak, or she just can't form a coherent sentence.

Then that fat fuck Podhoretz says Trump is trolling himself  "hey you know how I really know about crowd sizes and I'm great at estimating them, be afraid, ha ha don't be afraid I'm really joking, you all get that right?"  Except no, that's idiotic, Trump isn't joking about anything, please shut up. 

I cannot believe MSNBC executives aren't horrified at what the show has become. Not that Joe & Mika haven't always played fast and loose with facts, or that their opinions were ever based in rational logic. But at least in the old days they'd have some decent guests. Now everyone in the media and politics has realized the show is nothing but a means to an end; seven figure paychecks, a cover for their affair and a platform to promote his half assed garage band and her KYV scam. 

I love this take. Joe even took his music down off itunes.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe even took his music down off itunes.

Did Joe take it down, or did iTunes remove it because no one was buying it? 

I've always thought the theme music they use for First Look is his band.  It's really bad. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Did Joe take it down, or did iTunes remove it because no one was buying it? 

I've always thought the theme music they use for First Look is his band.  It's really bad. 

I am pretty sure that Joe took it down because people were making fun of how bad it was.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

I thought for sure that Joe mentioned Steve Schmidt would appear today.  Granted, I dozed back off for about 1/2 hour towards the end of the show...did I miss him?  But lo and behold, there was Tom Brokaw...who didn't sound as frail as he usually does; he is still boring.  And I woke up to hear Joe and someone I had never seen before waxing poetic about Reagan and old-fashioned "Conservatism"...spoken in the usual revered tones.  When Joe whispers the "C" word, I always expect angels to sing and sunbursts in the background.  Ah, the good old days of St. Ronnie...when "the government is evil" began.

Kemper even though I fell into what I can only describe as a coma earlier today I did hear Joe say Steve Schmidt would be on the program today but judging by some of the tweets and other posts I have stumbled across it looks like he was too busy to chat with Joe and decided to devote his time to totally eviscerating Ted Cruz on whatever platform he could climb on and to be honest I am good with that.

• Love 7

I thought Joe

Kemper even though I fell into what I can only describe as a coma earlier today I did hear Joe say Steve Schmidt would be on the program today but judging by some of the tweets and other posts I have stumbled across it looks like he was too busy to chat with Joe and decided to devote his time to totally eviscerating Ted Cruz on whatever platform he could climb on and to be honest I am good with that.

I thought I heard Joe say, when Steve Schmidt was on earlier this week, when referencing something Steve had said. Not that he was going to be on this morning.

• Love 1

Apparently much of the MSNBC line up is working Saturday and particularly Sunday night in preparation for the election. Stephanie Ruhle said she would be in tomorrow and both Nicolle Wallace and Chuck Todd said they would be on Sunday night. Did Joe or Mika say anything today about working this weekend? 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Apparently much of the MSNBC line up is working Saturday and particularly Sunday night in preparation for the election. Stephanie Ruhle said she would be in tomorrow and both Nicolle Wallace and Chuck Todd said they would be on Sunday night. Did Joe or Mika say anything today about working this weekend? 

It is possible that they were not asked to contribute.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Ouch! It is noticable that some (not most, but some) of the other hosts appear on each other's shows but these two rarely do. Joey blustering and bloviating on MTP Sunday is the last guest slot I remember. It did not go well. IIRC he and Mika hoped to take over MTP when David Gregory was axed after the ratings took a nose dive.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

True. The ads for Election Day make a point of saying coverage begins with Morning Joe, so I was curious. Joe does like to bloviate and demonstrate his importance at the network so it seemed as if it could be possible...

Sorry, Landsnark!

35 minutes ago, may flowers said:

True. The ads for Election Day make a point of saying coverage begins with Morning Joe, so I was curious. Joe does like to bloviate and demonstrate his importance at the network so it seemed as if it could be possible...

Sorry, Landsnark!

Heh heh, the only concrete thing that could be known or stated during their early:30 time slot is whether or where "women are lined up in the rain to vote." Take a big ol' slug of your favorite beverage every time Joey trots that one out. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Dang, I didn't see it. Was it a photo of his 1980s 'fro? I posted a clip in Small Talk. 

It was more than a 'fro -- very hairy face!  When Stephanie Ruhle came on the air and it was still on display, she said "What?  Did you spend the past twenty years doing laser hair removal?" 

• Love 3
On 11/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, stormy said:

What the hell was that Kornacki Murphy Brown thing?

On Murphy Brown this week, one of the characters was having trouble presenting in front of the camera. He knew his election data but froze in front of the camera. Towards the end he overcame and was able to present in front of a map similar to Kornacki. Murphy responded with the Kornacki reference. 

I am enjoying the show especially the relationship between Murphy and her son and many of the one liners. 

I finally saw the commercial about voting for kids that was shown earlier on MJ. Danny Deutsch was on Nicole Wallace's Deadline Whitehouse. It was well done.

• Love 2

The incongruity, it entertains. Joey's central riff during the A block is about noodging Trump into reacting to the riff, which he keeps pointing out. Mika says No, we're not here for that. Joey reminds us that he's formerly a Republican and currently a conservative. Mika, keeping her eyes on the prize, says Consistent Republican, consistent. Przybyla and Kornacki spout some numbers, Karins tells us where women will be voting in the rain tomorrow, it goes like that for 25 minutes and then, following that, where I'm at anyway, the very first commercial tells us to Stop The Caravan By Voting Republican (possibly with a Trump voice over, not real sure about that detail, it's way early here). 

Edited by suomi
too early to be typing
  • Love 3

Lookit 'em all sittin' around the table jawing away . . . reminds me of something . . . oh yes I remember now.  This used to be a news show, yes that's it!

My personal moment was when they were wondering why a congressman from a Trump county in IL was running six points behind well I can help you with that.  This state is dead last in just about everything, our unemployment is at least .5 perfect above the national average, thousands of good jobs with benefits have fled to greener pastures to be replaced by part time, minimum wage jobs with no benefits so maybe voting down the ACA 60 times shouldn't have been their signature move.  The collar counties of Chicago used to be much redder but no more and if they came back to their districts and spoke to people once in a while they may have known that.

2 minutes ago, suomi said:

the very first commercial tells us to Stop The Caravan By Voting Republican

Suomi holy cow that commercial, yikes.  I had heard about it but couldn't be bothered to go look it up as I wasn't interested in it or what it had to say.  These guys make Lee Atwater look like a choirboy. 

• Love 2

Is Joe drunk?  He is shouting, and called Mika "Mother" ("Thank you, Mother") right before the hour break.  Then called her "baby" at the start of the second hour.  (She made a face at the camera after he said that.). And the shouted rant about Democrats hiding under desks and how they should be behaving in ways that would make Republicans' dogs ashamed to be seen with their owners.  But mostly, it's the shouting. 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 4

Kasie ! appeared sans thunder and lightning. Joey wanted it, Mika said No More because it can't be done, she has moved on, she has outgrown it, "it doesn't fit the election." She's a smooth and graceful wordsmith, that one. He asked for clarification of can't be done (did he think AC/DC issued a cease-and-desist?), Mika said because I decided. No, you didn't, he said. Kasie ! held up a "Z" she scribbled on a piece of paper and that's all we're gonna get, folks. The last time Kasie ! appeared without  sound and light was the first morning following John McCain's death. It's the end of an era, and you were there. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 9

What the hell is with Kornack's hair? It's sticking up all over the place.

I had to check to see if Mika's still wearing her engagement ring after that Mother comment. Yes she is.

Joe just get off your Adam Putnam (FL governor) train . It left the station. All your Republican buddies are on board the DeSantis train. W was in FL fundraising for him in September and Jeb hitched a ride.

• Love 4

There's a new monitor where Mika can slyly check her hair and posture, it's quite low and slightly to her right. The checks thus far have had a somewhat subtle flavor; I think she's pleased with its addition and its position. Are they on location somewhere tomorrow morning? Because otherwise that monitor is for the big election show. 

• Love 5

Meek-a looks pretty this morning.  She must have made the extra effort because Joey is there, in person. 

Her longer hairstyle is very becoming, however the blinding metallic color has burned holes in my retinas.

She looks good in black and non-dowdy clothes. 

The "Mother" reference squicked me out.  I'm picturing other scenarios of him calling her that.  Eeeeew.

• Love 5

For the love of god shaddup about the polls. Polls. Mean. Next. To. Nothing.

(Saw it again, the Stop The Caravan By Voting Republican ad does not have a Trump voice over <--- accuracy).

• Love 4

Suomi holy cow that commercial, yikes.  I had heard about it but couldn't be bothered to go look it up as I wasn't interested in it or what it had to say.  These guys make Lee Atwater look like a choirboy. 

That commercial has run abut 3 times since I've been watching.  It reminds me of bad movie clips I've seen from the 1950's and earlier.  Is Frankenstein on it too!

• Love 3

Ok everyone peer in the sky for the Star in the East, look at your toast for a picture of Jesus burnt into it, and check the sky for pigs winging past you because at 7:41 AM Joe said that the lost 2016 election "Was not Hillary's fault."

Heh heh, the only concrete thing that could be known or stated during their early:30 time slot is whether or where "women are lined up in the rain to vote.

It's going to be pouring where I live so I will have the honor of being "a woman standing in the rain to vote."  And I am getting there 6 AM and will frickin' stand there however long it takes.  And I'll take a PTO day to do it if that what it takes.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The incongruity, it entertains. Joey's central riff during the A block is about noodging Trump into reacting to the riff, which he keeps pointing out. Mika says No, we're not here for that. Joey reminds us that he's formerly a Republican and currently a conservative. Mika, keeping her eyes on the prize, says Consistent Republican, consistent. Przybyla and Kornacki spout some numbers, Karins tells us where women will be voting in the rain tomorrow, it goes like that for 25 minutes and then, following that, where I'm at anyway, the very first commercial tells us to Stop The Caravan By Voting Republican (possibly with a Trump voice over, not real sure about that detail, it's way early here). 

Are Mika & Joe still in Florida?

In the good old days of the show, they would have a panel outside a college campus etc where they could pontificate

16 minutes ago, suomi said:

For the love of god shaddup about the polls. Polls. Mean. Next. To. Nothing.

(Saw it again, the Stop The Caravan By Voting Republican ad does not have a Trump voice over <--- accuracy).

You would think this show would realize after 2016 that polls are not as reliable now as in the past

45 minutes ago, stormy said:

What the hell is with Kornack's hair? It's sticking up all over the place.

I had to check to see if Mika's still wearing her engagement ring after that Mother comment. Yes she is.

Joe just get off your Adam Putnam (FL governor) train . It left the station. All your Republican buddies are on board the DeSantis train. W was in FL fundraising for him in September and Jeb hitched a ride.

It’s hard to believe that Joe was considered to be a  plausible Florida Senate  GOP candidate in 2010. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, suomi said:

Kasie ! appeared sans thunder and lightning. Joey wanted it, Mika said No More because it can't be done, she has moved on, she has outgrown it, "it doesn't fit the election." She's a smooth and graceful wordsmith, that one. He asked for clarification of can't be done (did he think AC/DC issued a cease-and-desist?), Mika said because I decided. No, you didn't, he said. Kasie ! held up a "Z" she scribbled on a piece of paper and that's all we're gonna get, folks. The last time Kasie ! appeared without  sound and light was the first morning following John McCain's death. It's the end of an era, and you were there. 

Our long national nightmare is over. It was very rude of Mika to treat  Katie! Like a child

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Did they talk at all about how Kasie! got dragged on Twitter all last night for her wholly inappropriate de facto endorsement of a Republican House candidate after she interviewed him on her show? It was shockingly tone deaf and unprofessional.

You would think this show would realize after 2016 that polls are not as reliable now as in the past

The polls were not as incorrect as everyone claims. They showed Hillary ahead nationally, which was the case. And Trump won the EC by 77,000 votes in three states, well within the margin of error for those statewide polls.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Eliot said:

Did they talk at all about how Kasie! got dragged on Twitter all last night for her wholly inappropriate de facto endorsement of a Republican House candidate after she interviewed him on her show? It was shockingly tone deaf and unprofessional.

The polls were not as incorrect as everyone claims. They showed Hillary ahead nationally, which was the case. And Trump won the EC by 77,000 votes in three states, well within the margin of error for those statewide polls.

Ugg. I've taken to hitting mute when Kasie opens her mouth.

Heidi's voter focus group was interesting. I wish she'd been given more time this morning.

I would have liked seeing Rev Al this morning. Joe ran through the comments trump has made about Stacy Abrams and Andrew Gillum and he did a good job making it clear that those comments come from someone ill prepared on so many levels. Mika chimed in too. On  Saturday, Rev Al said it best. It's not a dog whistle. I don't have dog ears. I hear it loud and clear.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3