Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Is Joe ever, EVER,  EVER coming back to the set?????    This is fricking crazy!!   Maybe he's pushing this thing as far as he can, to get himself (and by extension, his beloved) fired because they are done with this show but are contractually obligated until a certain far-off date.   Just envision Lester Hold phoning in the nightly news from a secret bunker.  How long would that be allowed?  

And what's holding up the wedding?  It's not like they're spring chickens.  Time's a'wasting, you two geezers.  But maybe there's a method in that madness too.  Perhaps one of them will drop before they actually have to walk down the aisle.  I don't detect crazy mad love between those two.

• Love 1

Mika had to shout out Joe's name several times to get the camera on him so he could answer her questions.

Maybe if he was in the studio, or the studio was wherever he is, it wouldn't be so awkward. 

Just woke up to hear wayyy too many minutes of baseball talk for a political show. Maybe I have espn on by accident? No, that's not it. I'm sure we'll have to cut some minutes out of something boring like isn't kavanaugh hearing his first case today? Could there be any conflicts with that?  If any of that was actually talked about before I woke up my bad but I still don't want to hear all that sports talk every day

• Love 3

They just showed a shot of kavanaughs swearing in. Did anyone notice the pained look on the older daughters face as she was standing there? Maybe Mika should talk to her about knowing her value. I'm sure she needs it right about now; kids can be awfully cruel

• Love 1

Just learned that the appointment of Kavanaugh is the Democrat' fault.  Just learned they were an hysterical mob that derailed all their own agendas and energized the right wing.  Democrats leaked Dr Ford's story apparently.
The show is now repeating Fox News propaganda as truth. 
I suppose Dr Ford's claims should have been suppressed by the left wing and they should have helped Kavanaugh become a political ideologue on the Supreme Court, because to oppose him would only Fox viewers mad, and provide Fox with grist for the propaganda mill.

• Love 2

Yes Landsnark, classic case of dems are wrong either way. They mobilize, march, confront the senators deciding this country's fate for decades and they played into trumps hands. Do nothing and they just handed the win to the repubs. According to joe dems are wrong either way. I did get a kick out of his expressionless face as kasey was talking about the democrats enthusiasm for the upcoming elections

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Just learned that the appointment of Kavanaugh is the Democrat' fault.  Just learned they were an hysterical mob that derailed all their own agendas and energized the right wing.  Democrats leaked Dr Ford's story apparently.
I suppose Dr Ford's claims should have been suppressed by the left wing and they should have helped Kavanaugh become a political ideologue on the Supreme Court, because to oppose him would only Fox viewers mad, and provide Fox with grist for the propaganda mill.

Of course it’s already been disclosed that Feinstein’s office was NOT the leak, but Joe never lets facts get in the way of a good diatribe.

And what’s with the outright dismissal of Julie Swetnick’s allegations? Is Joe seriously claiming that fraternities and sports teams never held parties where the ultimate goal was to get women drunk so they could have sex with them? Really? Cuz I went to college in the 80s and that was common practice.

Walter Isaacson is the most worthless panelist ever.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

He really is pushing the Democrats-have-no-one-to-blame-but-themselves theory. Yes, he'll throw in the occasional jab at Trump, but he seems to have turned all his criticism on the Democrats.

My favorite assertion from this morning' show--the press failed because they didn't investigate how Dr. Ford's letter was leaked. If Senator Feinstein were a Republican, the NYT and WP would have been all over it. Really, Joe??

Here's an idea--why don't you investigate it? Or have your crack reporter Scoops B. find the truth.

Or maybe not throw our stupid accusations.

Grrrr . . .

• Love 5

Joe is parroting Trump’s narrative about the Dems. He’s always so sure he is smarter than Trump, yet he follows his lead. I’m so tired of the media always buying what Trump sells, and Joe is the worst offender, especially lately. 

• Love 2

Walter Isaacson is the most worthless panelist ever.

Isaacson hasn't been a journalist in years. He's not exactly Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer.

Joe and his so-called panel can't have it both ways. In the last weeks, all they talked about was how Democrats weren't fighting hard enough. Now, they're complaining that the Democrats fought too hard. They also seem to be saying that claiming victimization plays well for Republicans, even though they have control over every part of the government and no matter who is the actual victim. Poor little white men.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Nidratime said:

They also seem to be saying that claiming victimization plays well for Republicans

Joe (or someone) said exactly that.  That Fox News and Trump can always lash out at "the media" and late night comics and the general American culture, because morons don't generally see themselves when they view the world around them, and Fox/Trump use that fear/insecurity/anger as fuel.  And it works 100% of the time.   It works beautifully.  The Fox propaganda machine is amazing and formidable.
I hope insiders at Fox and the White House write a full exposé later about the late 90s through the 2020s and detail all the little things they did to give birth to fake news and shape their propaganda and narrative.

• Love 2

Joe made the top 30 most/least liked tv personalities, Congrats:))

https://www.thewrap.com/david-muir-megyn-kelly-most-least-liked-tv-news/

Willie did WAAAY better than Joe.  Could it be Willie's lack of self-aggrandizing soliloquies?? (PS was surprised Rachel M didn't score higher)

Between Soboroff, Jeremy Peters and  Joe, MSNBC is the channel of "The Higher the Hair, the Closer to God."  I am still vastly amused that Joe's hair still mirrors the Statue of Liberty's torch behind him.

He really is pushing the Democrats-have-no-one-to-blame-but-themselves theory. 

Avenatti is really being presented as the big spoiler of the whole thing.

• Love 3

#MorningJoe was trending on Twitter. They were getting dragged again for whatever it was they said about Clinton again this morning, Mika being a fake feminist, and, funnily enough, people are noticing them being remote. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

They were getting dragged again for whatever it was they said about Clinton again this morning, Mika being a fake feminist, and, funnily enough, people are noticing them being remote. 

What they said that made my blood pressure go thru the roof? That Kavanaugh, just like Hillary Clinton, was talking about conspiracies. 

Joe should listen to the Slow Burn podcast re Bill & Monica. Yes Bill had an affair(s), but Hillary was right to an extent,  and David Brock admits it. He was one of the people trying to take Clinton down til he realized how low he had sunk, and he now runs Media Matters. There was a group of people, including Linda Tripp, who were hell bent on taking Clinton down.  Also, Joe has had affairs, right there on national tv,  so maybe he should SHUT THE FUCK UP about the Clintons.  

Why is this show  running clips from Fox News?  

Is Mika on set today?  The editor of Fortune Magazine was hosting for a while.  Gotta love a woman who runs a magazine about uber wealthy people and corporations talking about poor people. 

19 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Avenatti is really being presented as the big spoiler of the whole thing.

As opposed to the Republicans who actually confirmed him?   The men who told survivors of sexual assault to grow up?  

So if Michael Avenatti hadn't represented Julie Swetnick, all those Republicans would have voted not to confirm. Okay, Joe thanks for clearing that up. 

• Love 7

I guess we now have to suffer through (although I'm muting) Walter Isaacson.

I don't have amnesia. There were more people protesting the inauguration than attended. Are all of those people and the rest of us not voting this year? That's what Joe says. Joe. I moved to FL this year, registered to vote and mailed my ballot already!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

What they said that made my blood pressure go thru the roof? That Kavanaugh, just like Hillary Clinton, was talking about conspiracies.

This show is the worst (for so many reasons) for pretending that because there are two view points, they are then equal.  Hillary Clinton was right. There WAS a vast right wing conspiracy against her and her husband.  Investigating the Clintons was a real, actual cottage industry that began in earnest in the 80s, and continues today.  They chanted "Lock Her Up" at a rally this week.  Kavanaugh was a candidate for the Supreme Court for 2 months and couldn't pass a standard, cursory vetting period - and this situation is now over.  But they're the same.
Clinton was impeached by the majority party/GOP for lying to Congress about a woman.  Kavanaugh was appointed to the Supreme Court by the majority party/GOP as they ignored easily verified lies to Congress and sexual abuse charges... yet he's the "victim" of conspiracies just like the Clintons.

I hate that show.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

He really is pushing the Democrats-have-no-one-to-blame-but-themselves theory. Yes, he'll throw in the occasional jab at Trump, but he seems to have turned all his criticism on the Democrats.

My favorite assertion from this morning' show--the press failed because they didn't investigate how Dr. Ford's letter was leaked. If Senator Feinstein were a Republican, the NYT and WP would have been all over it. Really, Joe??

Here's an idea--why don't you investigate it? Or have your crack reporter Scoops B. find the truth.

Or maybe not throw our stupid accusations.

Grrrr . . .

These fuckers.  And, they wonder why they get dragged for filth on social media and by media watchdogs.

It's the ultimate in gaslighting.  So, basically, people exercising their First Amendment rights to nonviolently protest a rigged process by a bunch of white male fossils attempting to ram through a seriously flawed candidate, who couldn't even comport himself with dignity, should be criticized.  Meanwhile, the "tea party" folks who showed up at town hall meetings during President Obama's first term with guns in tow, are what?  Patriots?  So, what?  Democratic voters should sit in a corner somewhere and be quiet?

Joe, please stop speaking for Democrats and pushing this narrative that they are apathetic and somehow to blame for your compatriots doing exactly what they planned to do any damn way no matter the outcome of any "investigation."

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 15
13 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

he press failed because they didn't investigate how Dr. Ford's letter was leaked. I

The FBI gave a redacted version of the letter to the White House.  Ssomeone friendly to the WH at FBI  leaked her name, so they could start digging up dirt on her and getting a defense for Kavanaugh going. 

Gosh Joe if only you had sources at various media outlets, etc. you could find out this information for yourself. 

• Love 8

Only managed about 5 minutes of today's show but I got to hear an oft repeated Joe line about how the Democrats have no leader and how it's going to be so bad for them in 2020 because they have no leader today,  blah, blah, blah.  So Joe was Trump the leader of your party in October 2014?????

• Love 3

Tune in tomorrow to have Joe explain that Nicki Haley is leaving her job because of the Clintons, (while Mika nods supportedly.)  In fact, you can make the above statement into a Mad Lib--like this:

Tune in tomorrow to have Joe explain that ________ is _________ because of the Clintons, (while Mika nods supportedly.)

• Love 5

So we just learned Mike Bloomberg is going back to being a democrat presumably to run for president. Meeks was thrilled to hear this but how about a discussion on switching parties to benefit your aspirations rather than who you are and what you really stand for. 

• Love 4

The current topic is Trump's rally where the "lock her up" chant was about Feinstein.  It seems to me that Trump and the Republicans attack strong women much more than men.  Nancy Pelosi is another target.  There is a pattern here that has become more visible. 

Edited by madfortv
Fixed wording
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, madfortv said:

The current topic is Trump's rally where the "lock her up" chant was about Feinstein.  It seems to me that Trump and the Republicans attack strong women much more than men.  Nancy Pelosi is another target.  There is a pattern here that has become more visible. 

Those clips terrify me. The chanters remind me of those old photos of people who brought kids and picnic baskets to public lynchings.

Joe and Mika do seem appropriately horrified. I’m glad they showed the clip of Weld reading 1984.

• Love 8

Joe needs to stop saying "due process" every time trump and his supporters chant lock her up.

Joe is presuming that Hilary and now Diane Feinstein are going to be put on trial. So we have to let the process play out?

And he's expecting to hear from McConnell to defend Feinstein. You're gonna be waiting a long time, Joe.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 8

Do Joe and Mika live in the Destin or Pensacola panhandle area?  Have they mentioned Hurricane Michael?  140mph winds and it's strengthening. 

Oh, and you northerners who have moved to warmer climes... welcome to the south, y'all.  ;)

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Do Joe and Mika live in the Destin or Pensacola panhandle area?  Have they mentioned Hurricane Michael?  140mph winds and it's strengthening. 

Oh, and you northerners who have moved to warmer climes... welcome to the south, y'all.  ;)

I think they are in the Jupiter area. They were there this summer (visiting a congressional candidate), and there was an article a few weeks ago about them flying from West Palm Beach airport to NY, right after their show. 

Well here in Sanibel Island, Hurricane Michael has only caused breezy weather and some higher than normal tides. :)

What I meant about Joe and his usage of due process is, isn't that what you say about someone who may have committed a crime and we have to investigate and let the process play out?

Last I looked Diane Feinstein hadn't committed any crimes so I don't know why Joe is using the term due process. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Huh?  I missed this, can you explain???

As far as I know due process only applies when you're accused of a crime. Neither Hillary or Feinstein were so the due process argument doesn't apply. Which means absolutely nothing to those people chanting it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I'm a New Yorker but own vacation property in north myrtle beach. It seemed like a good idea st the time ?

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

At the handoff, Stephanie told Joe and Mika that they would be in her thoughts as they live in the Pensacola area.

• Love 2

If they're living in FL now why would they keep doing the show? Everyone on social media is bitching about how they're never there, and it makes the show very awkward. 

And the other show hosts must wonder why they can't do their shows from their basement. Rachel moved to NY from Massachusetts. And FFS at least make them sit together, this deal with them sitting in front of different back drops is so ridiculous. 

You're not fooling anyone. Be better! 

• Love 7

Joe is presuming that Hilary and now Diane Feinstein are going to be put on trial. So we have to let the process play out?

For what? Being outspoken women? Why don't they just call them "witch trials" if that's all it takes to be put on trial during the Trump era. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

If they're living in FL now why would they keep doing the show? Everyone on social media is bitching about how they're never there, and it makes the show very awkward. 

And the other show hosts must wonder why they can't do their shows from their basement. Rachel moved to NY from Massachusetts. And FFS at least make them sit together, this deal with them sitting in front of different back drops is so ridiculous. 

MJ's been on the air for 10 years and so has Rach. I bet she would love to phone it in 3-4 days a week from her bunker or her canoe (kayak?) in MA. I don't know how the rest of the MSNBC talent measures up seniority-wise, except for Andrea Mitchell who has been around for about 50 years. Truly, how do they keep getting away with it? Are they never gonna Be Best? They're not even trying!

• Love 4

For what? Being outspoken women? Why don't they just call them "witch trials" if that's all it takes to be put on trial during the Trump era. 

The term isn't "outspoken," it's "uppity".

Are they never gonna Be Best? 

HEE!  that passed me by the first reading!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, suomi said:

MJ's been on the air for 10 years and so has Rach. I bet she would love to phone it in 3-4 days a week from her bunker or her canoe (kayak?) in MA. I don't know how the rest of the MSNBC talent measures up seniority-wise, except for Andrea Mitchell who has been around for about 50 years. Truly, how do they keep getting away with it? Are they never gonna Be Best? They're not even trying!

I know I know I know I know!!!!!!!   It.Drives.Me.NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I wish all the other hosts would stage a strike or walk-out or something and make TPTB choose between Squinty and Meeka...... or everybody else.

Or give the f*cking show to someone who really wants to show up and do the job. 

I'd love to see those two useless airheads lose the show, lose the income, lose the "fame", everything.  And as much as I loathe the Orange Office Holder, I've love to see him gloat about it.  Because you know he would. 

Ever since this absenteeism became the norm, I find myself watching less and less.  Today I tuned out after about 30 minutes.  The whole idea of them phoning it in infuriates me too much to enable them by keeping their numbers up by even 1.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Ever since this absenteeism became the norm, I find myself watching less and less.  Today I tuned out after about 30 minutes.  The whole idea of them phoning it in infuriates me too much to enable them by keeping their numbers up by even 1.

Well said! I barely make it through 10 minutes anymore. I just find them so smarmy. On a political show, the sports conversation is self indulgent, especially when this country is facing such difficult issues.  Mika, like Trump, was born on third base and thinks she hit a trike. She just lacks self awareness. And, Joe doesn’t elucidate, he harangues. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think the separate backdrops are ridiculous. Obviously they are no longer hiding the fact that they are together, so I just don’t get why they want to make it look like they are doing the show from separate locations. 

As far as doing the show from Florida, my hunch is they are not renewing their contract, and MSNBC is letting them finish out the year from Florida. 

If they do renew, and this becomes the new normal, then the person ultimately to blame is the person at MSNBC who OKed the setup. 

• Love 9

7:03 AM--when did Joe become such a MAJOR Jeb Bush ass-kisser, ass-licker, whatever??  Seriously, does anyone remember hearing such accolades from him before?  It was odd.  Fishing around for a relocation job near family I wonder?

Chris Matthews tells me that Americans don't want much from their candidates, they want their children to live near them so they can visit--they don;'t want them to have to move away to CA to get a job.  And this is an issue to run on?  HUH??

• Love 1

(Accidentally posted in Small Talk)  What did Ratner say about the dip in the stock market yesterday?

The panel was good, I thought, this morning.  Articulate and wide-ranging discussions that they let breathe and take shape.  Good stuff.  And I wholeheartedly agree with them that any other politician would pay a huge price for dismissing Hurricane Michael and choosing to be uninvolved to a rally, but Trump's people simply choose to ignore this.  I wasn't aware, however, that his rallies are no longer being covered live by Fox.  THAT is a big deal.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

when did Joe become such a MAJOR Jeb Bush ass-kisser, ass-licker, whateve

Bush/Scarborough 2020? 

I had it on for a bit this morning, then when Joe said the Kavanaugh hearing was a complete disaster for Democrats, I had to clean up the mess from my head exploding.

That is nothing but Senate aides telling reporters (whether true or not) that fund raising is up, so reporters write that, GOP candidates get some coverage to go out and say "hey look, everyone thinks what we did was the right thing".

Yes what we needed, now more than ever, is a bunch of white guys mansplaining politics.  

• Love 7

Heidi Przybyla has come a long way in the last year or so.  Success looks great on her, and she's loosening up so much so I think I saw her smirk this morning.  I don't think she's quite fully found her footing and shaped her on-air persona just yet, but she looks great (don't judge me, TV is a visual medium), and she's becoming warmer and engaging.  Her talking points have always been rock solid, she's focused and concise.  She's still a little stiff and probably nervous.
She's great when she gets animated like when she asked the candidate for governor in Georgia about voter suppression.

• Love 6