Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe went on & on about growing up in the South. He named various cities he lived in. At no time did Joe hear any of his friends make racially insensitive comments. Joe played with African Americans kids & everyone got along. Eddie called JJoe's experience naive. Racism existed in the South after 1963. He said he lived on the wrong side of the tracks.

Joe's claim reminds me of one of the deplorables in Luntz's focus group who went on and on about how they "didn't have any racial problems until Obama came along."

Sure, Joe.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, millennium said:

He pretty much said, hey, African Americans, don't waste your time voting for Doug Jones, it won't make a difference.   Again, this on a morning when they have aired four Roy Moore endorsements by Donald Trump with little or no comment or criticism by the panel.   I think Mika said "Wow" and Scarborough opined, "He sounds a little strange" but that's it.  

I'm turning it off to listen to some music instead.   I think I'm reaching a saturation point.  Everything on MSNBC is Trump.   Everything on CNN is Trump.   Everything on FOX is Trump.   It's like the old Apple 1984 commercial.   

More and more I'm watching BBC news to find out what's happening in the world.

Heilemann usually gets excited about African American turnout but not this time 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I'm from AL, stuck a state over and younger then Joe. He's a liar who lies when it comes to not hearing any racially insensitive remarks and other things when living down here. I have family who believe the George Soros voting machine crap. Seeing people in AL not care that Moore is a molester doesn't surprise me either especially since he blathers on about his religion. That's all it takes to bait a lot of bible belt religious people. It's so frustrating to be around and witness.

I grew up in Panama City, which is just down the road from Pensacola, and I heard it. From my own family. Joe and I are in the same age bracket, so I'm pretty sure we had similar experiences. Joe is lying through his Kennedy-wannabe teeth.

• Love 9

My grandparents were from TN and then lived in St. Louis. I heard them call people the n word as a young child and heard my mother tell them to stop or she'd never allow me to visit them again. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

He pretty much said, hey, African Americans, don't waste your time voting for Doug Jones, it won't make a difference.   Again, this on a morning when they have aired four Roy Moore endorsements by Donald Trump with little or no comment or criticism by the panel.   I think Mika said "Wow" and Scarborough opined, "He sounds a little strange" but that's it.  

I'm turning it off to listen to some music instead.   I think I'm reaching a saturation point.  Everything on MSNBC is Trump.   Everything on CNN is Trump.   Everything on FOX is Trump.   It's like the old Apple 1984 commercial.   

I agree. I cannot take it. It's the same thing day in and day out. I have stopped watching MSNBC.   I did watch Rachel Maddow's Friday show about the Dossier it's very interesting, but other than that, blechh. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Since I've been on a steady diet of PBS Newshour and Washington Week with Robert Costa my spiritual well-being has been improved.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Since I've been on a steady diet of PBS Newshour and Washington Week with Robert Costa my spiritual well-being has been improved.

I'll have to check WW out. Isn't Costa still appearing on MJ from time to time? Or is that another MSNBC show? 

I'm turning it off to listen to some music instead.   I think I'm reaching a saturation point. 

I will not listen to them Wednesday AM.  I'm sure Moore will win.  If Doug Jones wins, also won't listen because they will interpret this as "Now the country is turning the tide back," which it isn't. Oakville, you will have to accurately describe it to us.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I will not listen to them Wednesday AM.  I'm sure Moore will win.  If Doug Jones wins, also won't listen because they will interpret this as "Now the country is turning the tide back," which it isn't. Oakville, you will have to accurately describe it to us.

I will. Mika & Joe will be in Alabama. I remember a show a few years ago when they did a show at the Alabama State football stadium. Mika was hyper & started running  up & down the stadium stairs. They did a whole segment on Her workout routine.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I think Mika said "Wow" and Scarborough opined, "He sounds a little strange" but that's it.  

Yeah at the end Trump says something weird that didn't make sense like "vote for Moore for our Senate vote" or something incoherent like that and Mika commented, Trump probably screwed up the line. Joe was kind of implying that he was slurring again but I did not hear that. 

Never forget the evil Clintons! Mika moaned in agreement.

In fairness, Carol Phillips, a neutral reporter, nodded in agreement too.

That Roy Moore focus group, egad!  How bad do you have to be that Frank Luntz of all people are like wait, what?  It was beyond jarring to hear out loud things you were pretty sure some people have been thinking.

What a bunch of terrifying people. Anyone who watches that and thinks Jones still has a chance, well, I want what you are smoking. All I can hope is that Luntz used his usual slipshod lazy polling techniques and got a bad sample. But I don't think so.

Eddie called JJoe's experience naive.

I loled at this. Joe was practically singing Paul McCartney's part in "Ebony and Ivory" and waiting for Eddie to join in and Eddie was all, uh, no. And yes I agree with you all that Joe was talking nonsense.

I would love to know which DNC brainiac sent down Corey Booker and Deval Patrick to stir up the troops. Those two are Northeastern elites in the pockets of big banks (Patrick now works at Romney's old firm Bain Capital. Remember big old evil Bain Capital, so demonized in 2012?) and hardly the most inspiring people. And yeah if the idea is to pick prominent African-Americans to get out the vote, there are so many who would have done better.

• Love 3

Hats off to those of you that can actually watch the full show.  I tape it and sometimes I get through it in about ten minutes!  It would be good for Joe and Mika to actually sit down and watch themselves.  It is amazing how Joe can take all sides of an issue and not realize he's contradicting something he just said two or three minutes ago.  And they, like so much of the press, do run things into the ground.  Rather ironic that today TODAY Joe says something about  all the focus on Moore's sex stuff instead of the other stuff he's said and done.  Well where were you Joe and Mika???? I've thought for weeks that the media should focus on Moore's lack of regard for the Constitution and there was certainly a treasure trove of his statements showing his bigotry, disdain for women's rights, etc.  

I'm not bothering to tape the show tomorrow.  Are they going to have 2 hours of focus groups/voters like that one today - how interesting that would be!!!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I would love to know which DNC brainiac sent down Corey Booker and Deval Patrick to stir up the troops. Those two are Northeastern elites in the pockets of big banks (Patrick now works at Romney's old firm Bain Capital. Remember big old evil Bain Capital, so demonized in 2012?) and hardly the most inspiring people. And yeah if the idea is to pick prominent African-Americans to get out the vote, there are so many who would have done bette

Like Barack Obama?  

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/barack-obama-doug-jones-alabama-senate_us_5a2e9e6ae4b0a290f0526597?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

• Love 2

Never forget the evil Clintons! Mika moaned in agreement.

This show, among others, won't let me. Even when either of the Clintons couldn't possibly be blamed for something, they still get blamed. Like they originated sin or something.

I don't know who it was this morning, but I think it was a man on the panel who mentioned that at least Bill Clinton and Trump were not accused child molesters like Moore. I agree with the Clinton part of that, but hasn't Trump been accused of attending a party (or maybe more than one) where there were teenage models who were molested? Didn't he admit to going back stage during teen pageants to gawk at the young girls who were half naked? As far as I'm concerned, Trump is just as bad as Moore.

• Love 8

I wish they had spent more time on what has happened to Lindsey Graham. First he tweeted that glowing advertisement of the fabulous Trump International Golf Club and the fun time he had with Potus, then he's tweeting about the FBI and how they should go after Hillary's emails and the so called uranium deal. They kind of glossed over this. I can't stand Lindsey Graham, but I didn't think he was such a toady for Trump all of a sudden. Mika said that he must want something. What could that be, Secretary of State?

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'll have to check WW out. Isn't Costa still appearing on MJ from time to time? Or is that another MSNBC show? 

Robert Costa is everywhere, which is fine with me. He shows up occasionally on MJ and other MSNBC shows, and he does a great job on WW. He just seems so calm and measured and, above all, knowledgeable.

Uh, oh. I'm beginning to sound like oakville with KC!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Didn't he admit to going back stage during teen pageants to gawk at the young girls who were half naked? As far as I'm concerned, Trump is just as bad as Moore.

Yes, he did. I don't know why this isn't brought up. There have to be lots of witnesses to what happened at those pageants. They must be scared to  talk about it.

• Love 3

I forgot to add to my recap , How Joe kept repeating Heilemann 's point that Shelby wasn't  a talky tv Senator like Lindsay Graham. 

Joe usually likes talky tv types.

I was surprised that they didn't complain about Trumps speech in Pensacola.

1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Yes, he did. I don't know why this isn't brought up. There have to be lots of witnesses to what happened at those pageants. They must be scared to  talk about it.

I'm not sure but I believe one of the women that was interviewed today by Megyn Kelly was a contestant representing North Carolina (not sure of the actual pageant).  She thought it was supposed to be a meet and greet and instead it ended up being treated like a piece of meat.

1 hour ago, Nidratime said:

don't know who it was this morning, but I think it was a man on the panel who mentioned that at least Bill Clinton and Trump were not accused child molesters like Moore. I agree with the Clinton part of that, but hasn't Trump been accused of attending a party (or maybe more than one) where there were teenage models who were molested? Didn't he admit to going back stage during teen pageants to gawk at the young girls who were half naked? As far as I'm concerned, Trump is just as bad as Moore.

It was John Heileman.  He said Moore was worse than Clinton and Mika looked like he threw his coffee at her.    

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

I wish they had spent more time on what has happened to Lindsey Graham. First he tweeted that glowing advertisement of the fabulous Trump International Golf Club and the fun time he had with Potus, then he's tweeting about the FBI and how they should go after Hillary's emails and the so called uranium deal. They kind of glossed over this. I can't stand Lindsey Graham, but I didn't think he was such a toady for Trump all of a sudden. Mika said that he must want something. What could that be, Secretary of State?

White House pool boy.

• Love 5

LOL Didn't see of the show after the first hour. Did they mention President Obama's robo call?

No, I think that's happened after the show ended. I'm not sure a robocall will do much but who knows.  I just delete them when I get them. But for Jones to win, as Heilmann said, you will need a very high turnout by black voters and a lot of white voters switching or staying home en masse. Obama only got 38% of the vote in Alabama in 2012 against a candidate that the GOP base was not that enthused about.

Listen, when you have people in the Luntz focus group screeching about Soros (dog-whistle alert), I'm not sure any Democrat is going to do much of anything down there to excite people.

This show did talk about that pathetic spineless nobody Lindsey Graham a little in the first hour but not enough. Trump gave out his personal cell phone to crowds for goodness sakes. Have some self-respect, Miss Thang. (Yeah it's a dated reference but it's the best I can do right now.)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, millennium said:

White House pool boy.

I think it is strange that Lindsay & Trump hated each other during the primary. Trump gave out Lindsay's cell phone number & Lindsay got many prank phone calls. Lindsay ended up putting his phone in a blender.

American politics is bizarre

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

American politics is bizarre

Not really.  I'm sure you've heard that phrase "politics makes strange bedfellows," when one politician wants something from another one.   Probably happens in other countries, too.

@ 6:18 Joe sez " ... it was raining, women were standing in line." The grasping for relevance, it amuses.

(Hey, WhineandCheez, get outta my head)

HEE!!  Can someone out there write a Morning  Joe TIRED TROPE APP checklist?  Would make it easier on us all....

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Not really.  I'm sure you've heard that phrase "politics makes strange bedfellows," when one politician wants something from another one.   Probably happens in other countries, too.

This is true, However, Lindsay used to be a reliable "Never Trump" GOP member.

Did Mika actually introduce Kasie Hunt without saying her full name?  "Your name is Kasie/DC now", as the lightning zaps across her face.  

The show today is so empty of content-- just a series of "this one will win" "that one will win" over and over.  Same footage of same Moore comments we have seen over and over in the past month.  

• Love 5

Tuesday Recap from snowy Oakville. Mika & Joe are wearing black matching jackets. America's favourite political couple visit one of Joe's many hometown states.

Char Bar is packed with heavily caffeinated supporters.

I laughed at the clip of Bannon trashing Joe for calling him a Yankee. Bannon reminded Joe that he grew up in Richmond VA which was the capital of the Confederacy. He went to Harvard & Georgetown whereas Joe could only get into the University of Alabama.

Joe retaliated by playing to the crowd ad saying that Bannon went to the Yankee colleges whereas Joe is a true Southerner for going to University of Alabama.

Joe was shouting Roll Tide!. Mika was beaming at Joe and playing with her cellphone.

Heileman is trying to have a political analysis. Joe is ranting against Doug Jones for being far left on abortion. Joe said it's a big isue.

Joe is touting Alabama's Mercedes plant & nice restaurants. They have sushi!

Mika looks nice in her jeans & red top with white running shoes.

Joe said Alabama is transforming & will hold their noses and vote for progress & Doug Jones.

The crowd cheered wildly when Mika mentioned Obama & Biden are supporting Doug Jones.

Is it possible that Jones supporters packed the bar?

Willie said that there is no way that Jones will get the same level of African American turnout as Obama.

Mika is mocking Roy Moore being interviewed by a 12 year old.

I have to go shovel the snow & take my daughter to school. I will be back later. This looks like a good show to recap. Plenty of antics by Mika & Joe.

• Love 5

Whine and Cheeze and Suomi, thank you so much for the weather forecast.  I fell back asleep and missed the first half hour of the show so I have been wondering . . . :)

Oakville, I was going to watch the whole show in solidarity with you but unfortunately as I said I fell back asleep and I also thought I would pass out from laughing at their chosen backdrop for their down home Alabama videocast . . . wine bottles on the wall . . . Fox and Friends must be in hysterics.

jjj couldn't agree more, they brought some good people with them and zero interesting content so far.  Sad thing is, you can watch those same guests on Nicolle Wallace's show and they bring so much to the table especially Hielemann.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Willie said that there is no way that Jones will get the same level of African American turnout as Obama.

I think the Democrats may be in for a huge surprise in 2018 similar to if not worse than 2016.  I was looking for that Luntz focus group on HBO On Demand and came across an interview with a group of African American males in a barber shop and they not only are not going to bother to vote for Jones but they have had it with the Dems as they keep promising things and never deliver.  It was mesmerizing to watch as the emotions were so raw.  I think we may be witnessing the beginning of the end of the two party system as we know it.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika looks nice in her jeans & red top with white running shoes.

"Roll Tide Barbie"

I dunno, the jeggings are much too short and I'm not the biggest fan of white footwear this time of year.

OH! I just looked up and she has slipped into a skirt or something that looks like a skirt is draped over the jeggings.

ETA: I believe this is because Kasie! is rockin' over-the-knee boots, which is a more polished look.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

This is true, However, Lindsay used to be a reliable "Never Trump" GOP member.

Rumor has it the dirty tricks machine has kicked into high gear and probably has something Lindsay would prefer to not come out.    Journalists weren't surprised about Halperin but they were blindsided by Lizza.  Gives you pause to think.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Rumor has it the dirty tricks machine has kicked into high gear and probably has something Lindsay would prefer to not come out.    Journalists weren't surprised about Halperin but they were blindsided by Lizza.  Gives you pause to think.

One too many men who have been a thorn in Trump's side have been accused and neutralized.  Glenn Thrush, Ryan Lizza, Al Franken ...

Something smells.

Women in the rain, 8:02.

• Love 7

I don't know - I thought Joe's comments re: Bannon were right on!  That clown goes down to Alabama and brags about his elite education and puts down Joe for "only" being able to get into the University of Alabama - IN FRONT OF ALABAMIANS!  How stupid.  (I'll show myself out now.....)

• Love 7

Mika is Going Off on Trump (re this morning's tweet), and SHS!

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I loled at this. Joe was practically singing Paul McCartney's part in "Ebony and Ivory" and waiting for Eddie to join in and Eddie was all, uh, no. And yes I agree with you all that Joe was talking nonsense.

Why does Joe do this? He has been harping on different versions of this theme for years. That he has never seen any racism in the South. Does anyone believe this? Makes me wonder if he knows what racism looks like, and doubt every other single thing that comes out of his mouth. Is he afraid of making folks in the South look bad? I just never get this. 

1 minute ago, suomi said:

Mika is Going Off on Trump (re this morning's tweet), and SHS!

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

The tweet was just horrendous, but now Mika is going off on one of her big rants. And I never think the rants are a good look for Mika. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Makes me wonder for sure. The man has completely changed his tune on Trump. Loved the clips they showed a week or so ago of Lindsey calling Trump a kook back in the day. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

The tweet was just horrendous, but now Mika is going off on one of her big rants. And I never think the rants are a good look for Mika. 

I liked the close up on her face for the last 15 seconds as Mika is REALLY MAD (and as she should be but the dramatics made me giggle).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, captain1 said:

Still showing myself out but I thought Mika's rant was justified.....

I think her anger and outrage are more than justified. I just have such a hard time when she goes on these rants and acts as if she is somehow shocked and surprised. He was saying and tweeting horrendous things about women and others way back when she was assuring him they would ask him softball questions when they got that one-on-one interview and hanging out at Mar-a-lago. 

• Love 11