Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

The problem with shows like Morning Joe, or Keith Olbermann's The Resistance (I lament that he ended the series last week, claiming there was nothing left for him to say because Trump is finito and it's just a matter of time now), etc., is that they would have you believe that sooner or later the system is going to save us.   The checks and balances.   The nation of laws.  Robert Mueller.   The Democrats in 2018.

I don't believe any of it.   I see what is happening right now and it's going entirely unchecked.   The transfer of the underclasses' wealth to the wealthy.   The Supreme Court just reinstated the travel ban, full force.   The RNC just re-authorized funding to Roy Moore.   Bears Ears, gone.   Jerusalem.   OJ's savior Alan Dershowitz asserting the President can't obstruct justice.   And that's just the last FOUR OR FIVE DAYS.

The people need to solve this, but the majority can't even be motivated to vote.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, suomi said:

7:45, Mika disappeared, Joe took a swig from his coffee cup and gargled and swallowed. Then he licked his palm and stroked his hair with his wet palm. This followed discussion and review of a robe Mika received as a gift from Jared and Ivanka. WTF?

I found that segment so strange. Mika bragged about her Facebook Live with chickens getting 50K views. Mika wore Ivanka's robes . She said she had to take a shower after wearing the robes. Joe interrupted the broadcast with his Facebook broadcast. Willie & Fereccio were stunned. I have no clue what they are trying to do with Facebook Live.

I found the discussion about Pence wanting to succeed Trump to be very interesting.

1 hour ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Guys, I had to do some clean up on numerous posts that were not about the show and/or were about politics in general. You all know better.

You are always around to keep us in line!

5 hours ago, scrb said:

The reason why it's significant is that Moore has denied knowing, much less dating these girls.

Handwritten note with his signature.  Another woman has a handwritten note from Moore in her HS yearbook.

So that handwriting could be authenticated and Moore would be proven to be lying.  It's way more than he said, she said, no matter how much GOP apologists want to depict it as such.

It's just so bizarre. It's not like was teaching or coaching these girls & had some prior school relationship with them.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, stormy said:

I love when someone like Admiral Stavridis is on. It's so rare to have an actual person with knowledge of the facts as a participant on this show.

It's usually just muddling through with the usual dull people.

Stavridis is the type of guest that Morning Joe had in its golden period. It was such an interesting to show to watch back then.

I remember when Facebook went public & Joe & Donnie Deutsh trashed the company.  Joe said the stock was overpriced. They said a kid with a hoodie was too immature to run a public company. Mika used to warn viewers about allowing their kids to use Facebook. Now she is doing shows with her chickens that are named Melania & Donald.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, oakville said:

I found that segment so strange. Mika bragged about her Facebook Live with chickens getting 50K views. Mika wore Ivanka's robes . She said she had to take a shower after wearing the robes. Joe interrupted the broadcast with his Facebook broadcast. Willie & Fereccio were stunned. I have no clue what they are trying to do with Facebook Live.

I think the level of professionalism on the set is directly related to the makeup of the panel.   It seems to me they tend to act out when the panel includes infrequent guests or folks other than Barnicle, Deutsch, etc.

Wednesday Recap. The show continues to start in mid conversation about something not related to the show. Today , Joe was discussing his son, Jack's pitching mechanics. This went on for 3 minute while Mika started complaining about Bannon.

Joe is mad at Bannon. He attacked Mitt Romney for spending Vietnam as a missionary in France. None of his kids served in the military.

Joe repeated himself 3 times about Trump getting 5 deferrments. 4 as a College Student & 1 for Bone Spurs despite being an athlete in College.

Joe said Trump was too dumb to get into College without his dad's help. Joe offered no proof of this.

Joe said people of Alabama will see through Bannon who is a Goldman Sachs Yankee.

Alabama builds Mercedes plants so they are smart according to Joe..

Joe is furious at the WSJ & several media outlets for reporting that Mueller removed Peter Stork from the Trump investigation. Joe said the FBI did a good job after 9/11 & history will remember their criticism.

Joe went on a TelePrompter rant about loyalty to the FBI.

Heileman said Roy Moore won the GOP Primary despite Mitt Romney's popularity in Alabama.

Joe is mad at trump for recognizing Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel. It will make everyone except Israel mad at the USA.

Mika is excited about Don Jr being investigated for the Russia meetings .

Joe said Trump will leave the Oval Office before 2020. 31% of Republicans want a new candidate for 2020.

16 minutes ago, millennium said:

I think the level of professionalism on the set is directly related to the makeup of the panel.   It seems to me they tend to act out when the panel includes infrequent guests or folks other than Barnicle, Deutsch, etc.

That's why I find it so strange. I would think they would behave in front of Fereccio.

I bet Willie can't wait to go back to the Today show.

At the end of the show. Mika & Joe went on a tirade against Facebook Messenger for kids. Yet earlier in the show, they were bragging about using facebook Live to plug her chicken farm. It's just bizarre.

• Love 3

Elise Jordan was on the show for the first hour but didn't say anything interesting. I think she was supportive of Romney.

Chris Matthews,George Will & Peggy Noonan are on the set together. It's the 1980's political dream roundtable.

Two GOP pundit refugees & loudmouth Matthews plugging his book on Bobby Kennedy.

Edited by oakville

Joe kept bringing up the topic about 40 people dying in Vietnam on the day that Trump graduated from College. Is Joe trying to hold Trump directly responsible for the deaths of US soldiers in Vietnam.

Joe's boys haven't served in the military. Joe refused to do weekend military service in the National Guard. He shouln't be lecturing anyone on the lack of military service.

Joe keeps trying to make the point that Romney is unusally popular in Alabama.

• Love 2

Just when I'm about to throw something at the TV, because Jared Kushner and peace process in the same sentence is absurd, my boyfriend Ned Price show's up. He's all, if I was Jared Kushner, I'd be very concerned.

I like when Joe's rant includes trump will be out the door even if it takes till 2020 and his words will live on. And I hope they stick to the republicans for a long time. 

• Love 2

When I turned it on this morning, I caught the end of a George Will appearance...he was showing pictures (tin-type style) in a book that was put out by...am I mistaken?...his DAUGHTER?  Is that possible?  And then Chris Matthews comes on so they can lament how good the old days were under Tip O'Neal...I turned on CNN by that time; but I am sure Matthews pushed his book.  His plug at the end of his show last night was embarrassing. But the cherry on top of the sundae was Peggy Noonan (I still envy her hair and probable cosmetic surgeon) to talk about the good old days. They also all got together to bash Dems that support late term abortion.  Like that is the sole reason they lose elections.  Who knows, maybe they are right.

According to them, if you are a Fundamentalist who lives in a red state...you rule!  Sadly, this may be true and I don't know how we can change the dialogue.  And shows like MJ push and thrive on it.

• Love 3

Corey Lewandowski could give eels lessons about being slippery.  He would make a FANTASTIC politician.  It was a sight to behold, again and again Willie and Mika vainly trying to reel him in, like 1800s whalers trying to control their boat while the harpooned whale takes them for a ride.  (today is obviously the day for marine references)

• Love 6

Mika runs a side business where women in the corporate world support each other, it's mainly a speaking series, "Know Your Value."  It's astonishing, but not surprising, that the woman behind Know Your Value, has nothing substantial to offer Time Magazine's editor as she discussed why those who are breaking their silence were named Time's person of the year.

• Love 7

I cannot believe they let Lewandowski on the show. Are they that desperate for guests? Guess I answered my own question. 

"Thank you Corey for coming on the show and spewing your bullshit and admitting without saying it that you don't care what Roy Moore did, while playing the "what about" game. 

What about you grabbing a woman during the campaign and being fired because of it? What about that? 

Interesting that the morning Time Magazine announces their Person of the Year is the women who spoke out against sexual harassment,  which is supposedly Ms Know Your Values whole purpose in life,  (other than feeding chickens in an Ivanka Trump $8 bathrobe) they have Corey Lewandowski on. 

Let's all chip in and buy Mika a dictionary for Christmas, and flag the pages for "irony", "hypocrite" and "dumb ass". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Chris Matthews,George Will & Peggy Noonan are on the set together. It's the 1980's political dream roundtable.

All I could think of when I saw this configuration around the table was that the bus from the senior center must have accidentally dropped them off at MJ instead of Publix (and please know I will be on said bus in a few years).

• Love 8

Leave it to Joe to try to spin that 63% of the GOP want Trump to be the nominee in 2020 (spin - because any other incumbent would be polling in the 90s). Sure, Jan.  Joe may not be a Republican on the voting rolls, but he is still a homer for it. 

20 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I cannot believe they let Lewandowski on the show. Are they that desperate for guests? Guess I answered my own question. 

Lewandowski and Bossie have been making the rounds. CNN, Meet the Press. Not saying they *should* be booked on these shows, but MJ isn’t the only one.

(small voice) Steve Bannon is right about Mitt Romney and Vietnam.

• Love 1

Apparently Lewandowski and Bossie have some set of standards as they blew off Megyn Kelly very late the night before they were scheduled to appear and then popped up on The View the next day (and basically said it was because of their ratings and ability to sell books).  He's such a reptile.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

All I could think of when I saw this configuration around the table was that the bus from the senior center must have accidentally dropped them off at MJ instead of Publix (and please know I will be on said bus in a few years).

Is there a retirement home for pundits?

Joe tried to pretend that he knew more about Tip O'Neal fighting with Jimmy Carter over tickets to the Inauguration than Matthews. Matthews dismissed Joe saying I know all about it Joe, I was there.

• Love 4

Lewandowski and Bossie have been making the rounds.

Who is Bossie?

(small voice) Steve Bannon is right about Mitt Romney and Vietnam

Wouldn't Mitt have had some sorta Conscientious Objector status, since he was a missionary at the time? As for never serving despite the ability to do so, reference please: Trump, Donald J; Trump, Donald, Jr.; Trump, Eric.  Bannon is out of his mind to pull that shit out.

• Love 5

Who is Bossie?

Co-author of the Lewandowski book. His career in political sleaze goes back decades. I think he had some role in the Willie Horton ad in 1988. I was surprised he was still around.

So these guys are going down to Alabama to cover the election next week. I wish they wouldn't.  I'm sure Moore will stir up his crowd with rants about media elite from New York coming down to interfere. These guys seem to think Moore is going to lose, from their comments at the end. I suspect on Wednesday am we will get a show much like the one after Trump won. I hope not, but I think it.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

These guys seem to think Moore is going to lose, from their comments at the end. I suspect on Wednesday am we will get a show much like the one after Trump won. I hope not, but I think it.

Sadly, I think Chris Matthews was right on the show today. Start with the fact that all these evangelicals really, really want to vote for Moore. Matthews said they'll weigh that desire against Doug Jones being pro choice and decide that it's "more Christian" to forgive Moore than it is to vote for someone who supports abortion rights. They'll conveniently gloss over the fact that Moore has eschewed the whole "repentance" part that is supposedly so necessary to forgiveness.

It's depressing.

• Love 7

Sadly, I think Chris Matthews was right on the show today. Start with the fact that all these evangelicals really, really want to vote for Moore. Matthews said they'll weigh that desire against Doug Jones being pro choice and decide that it's "more Christian" to forgive Moore than it is to vote for someone who supports abortion rights. They'll conveniently gloss over the fact that Moore has eschewed the whole "repentance" part that is supposedly so necessary to forgiveness.

What I thought Matthews and Noonan were wrong about is their supposition that Doug Jones is pro choice because it's the Democratic party position, and he should just "change his position," relay his "real* position, or just downplay it in order to get enough votes. There was no assumption that Jones might actually *be* pro choice and that this is a principle for him that he's willing to stand up for. I don't know Jones' religion, but just because Matthews and Noonan are Catholic and are morally opposed to abortion doesn't mean people on the opposite side are not also morally committed to their views. Who are the opportunists in this picture, huh?!

• Love 2

Who is Bossie?

Co-author of the Lewandowski book.

This is HORRIBLE, but I was expecting to hear that "Bossie" was Sarah Sanders--as in Bossie the Cow.  I'M SORRY LARGER WOMEN OUT THERE!! (including myself), but Sarah Sanders is a cow in every sense of the word--IMHO.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

"Thank you Corey for coming on the show and spewing your bullshit and admitting without saying it that you don't care what Roy Moore did, while playing the "what about" game. 

What about you grabbing a woman during the campaign and being fired because of it? What about that? 

Interesting that the morning Time Magazine announces their Person of the Year is the women who spoke out against sexual harassment,  which is supposedly Ms Know Your Values whole purpose in life,  (other than feeding chickens in an Ivanka Trump $8 bathrobe) they have Corey Lewandowski on. 

Let's all chip in and buy Mika a dictionary for Christmas, and flag the pages for "irony", "hypocrite" and "dumb ass". 

???????

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

This is HORRIBLE, but I was expecting to hear that "Bossie" was Sarah Sanders--as in Bossie the Cow.  I'M SORRY LARGER WOMEN OUT THERE!! (including myself), but Sarah Sanders is a cow in every sense of the word--IMHO.

<small voice> I had the same thought. </small voice>

• Love 1

If they can take a break from their usual schtick in the morning, I would love to  hear their take on all the Dem Senators (a LOT of women) calling for Al Franken to resign.  This will give Meek-a a chance to get on her high horse and preach.  The "guys" on the panel will sit there and bow down.  THEN I would like their opinion on this versus the almost silence on the Republican side for Trump, Moore and a host of others.  I weep for this.. 

• Love 3

Just to be clear, McConnell has given himself cover by saying Franken has lost the support of his constitutes. Alabama voters will have spoken when they elect Moore as they did with sexual assaulter in chief.

So even if Mika gives her best rant tomorrow, she'll be preaching to the choir.

I'll recuse myself as I am a lifelong MN resident that voted for Franken twice :(

• Love 2

The problem with Franken (and I've always rooted for him) is that too many women have come forth to think he was stupid, silly, and immature as a comedian (or Senator). Where do you draw the line on sexual abuse? A sexy leg thrown in the air while laying on a table and the guy is sitting in a chair? I realize there are degrees but Senators should be role models. And that crap needs to be curbed right now.  

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Kemper said:

If they can take a break from their usual schtick in the morning, I would love to  hear their take on all the Dem Senators (a LOT of women) calling for Al Franken to resign.  This will give Meek-a a chance to get on her high horse and preach.  The "guys" on the panel will sit there and bow down.  THEN I would like their opinion on this versus the almost silence on the Republican side for Trump, Moore and a host of others.  I weep for this.. 

I will be surprised if someone on the MJ panel doesn't speculate that Democrats are sacrificing Franken to grab the moral high ground on this issue.   Come 2018, they can't righteously condemn the Grand Old Pedophiles if they have an offender of their own in the Democratic ranks.   But once they expel Franken, Democrats can credibly claim to be the party of respecting/protecting women, and can be relied upon to practice as they preach.   Meanwhile, the GOP will be stuck with Roy Moore as their predator poster boy.

It's a huge gamble though, because we are rapidly learning that the moral code we thought we lived by in this country is a farce, so the Democrats' grand gesture of sacrificing Franken may all be for naught.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

I realize there are degrees but Senators should be role models. And that crap needs to be curbed right now.

Except the initial accusation and some of the others were alleged to have happened before he even thought of running for public office, when he was a sometimes lewd sketch comic. So, it wasn't like Minnesotans were fooled by Franken. In any event, I am of two minds about this, but I'm aware we can't speak about that here.

• Love 4

Moral high ground means very little to the kind of people who voted for Trump and will vote for Moore.

So they want to force Franken to fall on his sword so they can feel better about themselves?

Meanwhile Trump, Moore and the Republicans are snickering.  They can be called the party of pussy-grabber Trump and jailbait-trawler Moore and the deplorables will still vote for them.

You want to know about how useful moral high ground is?  Isn't that what Joe and Mika have been claiming all these months?  Trump laughs at them.  KellyAnne doesn't care if she's banned from this show.

They are Charlie Sheen-wannabes.  As long as they think they're WINNING, they love the salty tears from the likes of Joe and Mika.  Like Eric Cartman said, it tastes like honey to them.

• Love 8

I think Scarborough and Mika would agree that in this instance the moral high ground is a selling point that can be used to not only make Democrats feel good about themselves and motivate them to vote, but also to firm up support among non-deplorable independent voters and the one or two Republicans who can't stomach what's happening in their party and their country.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Kemper said:

It took till 640 am to get to the Franken resignation. Mika wants a due process. She said there are differences between Franken & Weinstein. The panelist Zaidi said companies will be reluctant to hire women in the future in key positions.

Willie  said the Democrats are cynical. They want to clean house of their own sexual harassers to go after Trump & the GOP sexual harassers.  Zany freaked out over the power of women to accuse someone and theyn get fired.

Mika is writing a piece for the Know Your Value Website on women's issues.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, scrb said:

Moral high ground means very little to the kind of people who voted for Trump and will vote for Moore.

So they want to force Franken to fall on his sword so they can feel better about themselves?

Meanwhile Trump, Moore and the Republicans are snickering.  They can be called the party of pussy-grabber Trump and jailbait-trawler Moore and the deplorables will still vote for them.

You want to know about how useful moral high ground is?  Isn't that what Joe and Mika have been claiming all these months?  Trump laughs at them.  KellyAnne doesn't care if she's banned from this show.

They are Charlie Sheen-wannabes.  As long as they think they're WINNING, they love the salty tears from the likes of Joe and Mika.  Like Eric Cartman said, it tastes like honey to them.

Mika & Joe love going after Trump. Ratings have improved for Morning Joe. Mika loves the popularity of her Facebook Live with chickens feeds. She can market her books again & make some extra $$$. Joe hopes that his popularity as a Trump basher will convince people to listen to his Trump bashing music.

• Love 1

Thursday Recap. Day of Infamy in 1941 due to the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Joe & Meecham took a few minutes to talk about WW2, & the New World Order.

Trump is doing the opposite of what Roosevelt did to rebuild America.

Joe is mad at Trump for proclaiming Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel. All the other othe countries except Israel are mad at Trump.

Joe admitted he regularly signed resolutions doing this. Joe said he was doing this to get leverage on the Palestinnians.

Zayni admitted that Obama declared Jerusalem as the capital of Israel but didn't move the Embassy. Why didn't the rest of the World rise up against Obama?

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem has been a standard campaign promise for years.

The panel discussed Don Jr trying to get attorney client privilege with his dad & other lawyers.

The panel mocked Trump for not being a lawyer.

Steve Schmidt showed up to complain about Trump - Jerusalem. He admitted everyone makes this promise but no one expect  it can be fulfilled. Why did Scmidt allow McCain to campaign on this? Isn't that cynical.

Moyahadeen showed up from Palestine. They are mad at the USA for supporting Jerusalem.

Mika didn't know about the Latino Congressmen in Nevada being asked to resign for sexual harassment.

So far, Mika & Joe are better behaved today than the recent craziness on the set.

Mika's ring is back where it belongs. I think she is calmer when she can show it on set.

• Love 3

The panel is going wild with the Cummings story. Flynn was texting about building Nuclear Reactors in the Middle East 11 minutes into the Trump Presidency.

This is shay!. Scmidt said Obama administration & no one in the senior circle was indicted after 8 years.

Andrea Mitchell is getting heated at how DrZ was well behaved and didn't text people during the inaguration. Never mind that they didn't have cell phones back in 1977.

Joe's tie is color co ordinated with Mika's top! Good Job!.

Bob Woodward is coming out with  book on Trump! LOL!

• Love 3

The clip of Trey Gowdy on FOX was surprising to me. The guy actually came across as normal.

The Democrats are fools. They will not get one vote for dumping Franken. And the binary choice voters will do the same as they did last year.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Andrea Mitchell is getting heated at how DrZ was well behaved and didn't text people during the inaguration. Never mind that they didn't have cell phones back in 1977.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Good one Oakville, thanks I really needed that laugh!

• Love 5

I will be surprised if someone on the MJ panel doesn't speculate that Democrats are sacrificing Franken to grab the moral high ground on this issue.   Come 2018, they can't righteously condemn the Grand Old Pedophiles if they have an offender of their own in the Democratic ranks.   But once they expel Franken, Democrats can credibly claim to be the party of respecting/protecting women, and can be relied upon to practice as they preach.   Meanwhile, the GOP will be stuck with Roy Moore as their predator poster boy.

It's a huge gamble though, because we are rapidly learning that the moral code we thought we lived by in this country is a farce, so the Democrats' grand gesture of sacrificing Franken may all be for naught.

Grand Old Pedophiles .  HEE!!  Millenium, did you invent that??? Yep, sacrificing Franken is an empty tactic.  No one cares.  Trump and Roy Moore will still be there.  Because Jesus forgives. And embryos.

Mika is writing a piece for the Know Your Value Website on women's issues

Well THANK GOD that someone in this country is about to solve this!!!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 8

Joe is right about due process for Franken.  Democrats are such p*****s.  They want to wound themselves to take the moral high ground for real, against a side that doesn't give one fuck about being moral and only uses morality as a cudgel when it suits their purposes.  Senator Gillenbrand's comment that should be no distinction between grabbing someone's behind and pedophilia/rape is perhaps the stupidest thing ever uttered by an elected official, and is the perfect single comment to underscore why Democrats are losers and are hated.

I'm glad Joe opposed the red head's commentary.  Even if he was rude.

In the vein of sexually objectifying women, that sweater dress Mika is wearing looks hot.  It really suits her.  I'd flirt with her there at MSNBC.  Until she became irritating and then I'd snap out of it.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe is right about due process for Franken.  Democrats are such p*****s.  They want to wound themselves to take the moral high ground for real, against a side that doesn't give one fuck about being moral and only uses morality as a cudgel when it suits their purposes.  Senator Gillenbrand's comment that should be no distinction between grabbing someone's behind and pedophilia/rape is perhaps the stupidest thing ever uttered by an elected official, and is the perfect single comment to underscore why Democrats are losers and are hated.

THIS.  Call for Trump's resignation, then we'll talk. A guy hugging a bit too tight is NOT being thrown to the ground and raped,  or having a man sit next to you and stick his hand up your dress, so draw your line somewhere else. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

oe is right about due process for Franken.  Democrats are such p*****s.  They want to wound themselves to take the moral high ground for real, against a side that doesn't give one fuck about being moral and only uses morality as a cudgel when it suits their purposes.  Senator Gillenbrand's comment that should be no distinction between grabbing someone's behind and pedophilia/rape is perhaps the stupidest thing ever uttered by an elected official, and is the perfect single comment to underscore why Democrats are losers and are hated.

I'm glad Joe opposed the red head's commentary.  Even if he was rude.

Took the words out of my mouth. The Dems are Charlie Brown and the Republicans are Lucy holding a football. This “when they go low, we go high” bullshit that the Dems smugly love so much got us a tax bill that is going to cripple this country for a generation. Remember how fast it took the GOP to get rid of the 60-vote rule once *they* were in power? Does Cox really think Franken’s resignation will give the Dems ANY bargaining power when Moore gets elected?  And yes, Gillenbrand is a single-issue twit who is using this situation to advance her national profile for 2020.

Franken is one of the few, if only, Democratic senators with the wit and the intellect to call the Republicans out on their bullshit. Just let the ethics process run its course. And this idea that he should resign and run again that Cox proposes is moronic. No penance period will be enough for some.

For once I saw Joe get bitchy and thought, you go girl.

And I’m glad the show made the point that with this Jerusalem issue, Jared is not doing the bidding of Israel. He is doing the bidding of Netanyahu. Big difference.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

n the vein of sexually objectifying women, that sweater dress Mika is wearing looks hot.  It really suits her.  I'd flirt with her there at MSNBC.  Until she became irritating and then I'd snap out of it.

Landsnark do we need to schedule an intervention? 

1 minute ago, Mumbles said:

Took the words out of my mouth. The Dems are Charlie Brown and the Republicans are Lucy holding a football. This “when they go low, we go high” bullshit that the Dems smugly love so much got us a tax bill that is going to cripple this country for a generation. Remember how fast it took the GOP to get rid of the 60-vote rule once *they* were in power? Does Cox really think Franken’s resignation will give the Dems ANY bargaining power when Moore gets elected?  And yes, Gillenbrand is a single-issue twit who is using this situation to advance her national profile for 2020.

Franken is one of the few, if only, Democratic senators with the wit and the intellect to call the Republicans out on their bullshit. Just let the ethics process run its course. And this idea that he should resign and run again that Cox proposes is moronic. No penance period will be enough for some.

For once I saw Joe get bitchy and thought, you go girl.

And I’m glad the show made the point that with this Jerusalem issue, Jared is not doing the bidding of Israel. He is doing the bidding of Netanyahu. Big difference.

Thank you!!! And you took the words out of mine!!!  Do we need a new wing of the Democratic Party?   The We Fight The Chicago Way Dems: You Put One of Ours in the Hospital, We Put One of Yours in the Morgue. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She DOES look good this morning, but my comment was a shade more gross than I'd intended, now that I re-read it.  Not as snarky as I'd hoped.   :(  
An intervention may need to be scheduled, or are you going to Al Franken me off the site?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Landsnark said:
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

She DOES look good this morning, but my comment was a shade more gross than I'd intended, now that I re-read it.  Not as snarky as I'd hoped.   :(  
An intervention may need to be scheduled, or are you going to Al Franken me off the site?

I was just talking about you having the hots for Mika.  You weren't being gross at all!! 

There are mornings where she does look good.   No Al Frankening here.  :)  :)

• Love 2