Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Ok, this AM women are standing in long lines, but for some strange reason, it's no longer raining....

Ok Paul Ryan says he is NOT leaving Congress next year, but there are 36 credible resources saying he is.  I hate politics--so many lies.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

Who the fuck is this guy claiming that Obama is a bigger liar than Trump?  His evidence is "We got rid of lobbyists being appointed," and "you can keep your doctor."  Both of those statements are mostly true, the lobbyist one being less true.  90% to 95% of insured DID keep their doctors.  If you had shitty health insurance you may have had to move to a new doctor in-network.  In a better network with lower costs and more coverage, but hey, Obama's a liar and that's all that matters.
What a smug prick.  He laughed at the WaPo journalist on as a guest.  I'd punch the smug out the back of his head, and take him to his ObamaCare doctor where he has terrific coverage.
(wrote too soon.  Peggy Noonan, fuck you too, idiot. )

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Who the fuck is this guy claiming that Obama is a bigger liar than Trump?  His evidence is "We got rid of lobbyists being appointed," and "you can keep your doctor."  Both of those statements are mostly true, the lobbyist one being less true.  90% to 95% of insured DID keep their doctors.  If you had shitty health insurance you may have had to move to a new doctor in-network.  In a better network with lower costs and more coverage, but hey, Obama's a liar and that's all that matters.
What a smug prick.  He laughed at the WaPo journalist on as a guest.  I'd punch the smug out the back of his head, and take him to his ObamaCare doctor where he has terrific coverage.

I don't know if that's the same guy who wrote the article because I'm not watching right now.  The guy who wrote it was on last night and he basically said that Obama's lies were a teeny tiny percentage of Trump's, and he even said that even some of those "lies" that Obama told were things that he corrected right away, unlike Trump.    

• Love 1

I cannot stand Peggy Noonan.  Always looking like she smells a fart.

Nononono.  If you want to start the Fart Smelling Olympics, Noah Rothman will have everyone beat by half.  Soooo supercilious!

Who the heck is John Delaney, the first  Pres candidate??  Don't you at this point in hyper-American politics need more charisma to run???

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

Who the heck is John Delaney, the first  Pres candidate??  Don't you at this point in hyper-American politics need more charisma to run???

John Delaney is my Congressman. He is not the most charismatic guy in the world but he has been a solid congressman. He beat a longtime Republican when Maryland did a little Democratic gerrymandering. He has a purple district that consists of western Maryland and parts of Frederick and Montgomery counties.  He is big on infrastructure investment which is a topic I wish he could have talked about instead of being grilled on abortion. He should have just said that the Catholic Church doesn't make the laws in this country on abortion, the death penalty, health care or anything else. 

• Love 7

John Delaney is my Congressman. He is not the most charismatic guy in the world but he has been a solid congressman. 

I'll sure as hell take substance over flash.  He seemed pretty nervous this AM--of course he's probably just stepping out as a candidate.  It's so early--Trump is going to need some time to drum up a good belittling moniker...

• Love 1

I had to stop listening when Peggy Noonan started questioning Delaney on Catholic doctrine. Do yourself a favor, lady, and read Robert Drinan (former congressman, Jesuit priest, longtime law professor at Georgetown) about how Catholics can reconcile supporting personal choice while personally opposing abortion.

Donnie said something incredibly correct (income inequality is a huge problem) with something incredibly wrong (the economy is doing great.) An economy where 98% of the growth goes to 2% of the people is NOT functioning correctly.

Stavridis - who it should be pointed out, has a paid position at Northrup Grunman - could barely hide his glee at the idea of "engagement" with Iran. And sorry, when I heard Haley's presentation I too had flashbacks to Powell's con job at the UN. Why the DC establishment - Dems and GOP alike - have such a hard-on for the inbred goons of the House of Saud and their puppet emirs is disgusting. This isn't 1979 anymore. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

Wait, what? I missed that gossip!

It has been rumored that they have been together for quite a while but beyond a generic article from HuffPost from 2012 there isn't much else in print to verify it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'll sure as hell take substance over flash.  He seemed pretty nervous this AM--of course he's probably just stepping out as a candidate.  It's so early--Trump is going to need some time to drum up a good belittling moniker...

Zany Delaney.

I don't get the Peggy Noonan animus or the frequent allusions to alcoholism.  Is it because she's a Reaganite?

I can't speak to alcoholism, and personally don't view or describe her here as drunk or a lush.

But why I can't stand her is her gushy, breathy purple prose. And that she doesn't have interesting things to say, and when on, says the same things over and over again. I have the same issues with Doris Kearns Goodwin, so I don't think it's her politics that drives my contempt. 

I also resent her pontificating (heh) on all things Catholic.  She selects what aspects of Catholic doctrine she chooses to discuss.  And her adulation of John Paul II rubs me the wrong way because as charming and charismatic as he was, he was also a reactionary who set back the reforms of Vatican II. (I guess that's sort of political.)

• Love 6

While I don't like her politics, I always kind of like seeing Peggy Noonan on MJ. I think she is very smart and she usually takes the conversation in an interesting direction. Her very distinct way of speaking sometimes irritates me, but I can never really hate on her because I do think she was a great speechwriter. Never a Reagan fan, I still get chills when I hear him give the speech after the Challenger disaster, which she wrote. Especially now, when we could never have such heartfelt words coming out of the Oval Office. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

While I don't like her politics, I always kind of like seeing Peggy Noonan on MJ. I think she is very smart and she usually takes the conversation in an interesting direction. Her very distinct way of speaking sometimes irritates me, but I can never really hate on her because I do think she was a great speechwriter. Never a Reagan fan, I still get chills when I hear him give the speech after the Challenger disaster, which she wrote. Especially now, when we could never have such heartfelt words coming out of the Oval Office. 

Thanks for your post Gundysgirl as you have perfectly captured how I too feel about Ms. Noonan.  There are times I am like why is she on the panel and then she will say something so poignant that I'm like oh that's why plus I would pretty much kill to look as good as her as goodness that woman has great style.

• Love 4

As a Reagan speech writer, did Peggy Noonan write the words on his tombstone? A Reagan quote, I presume. "I know in my heart that man is good.'

Steve Schmidt quoted that earlier in the week on MJ. At the time I thought, Reagan ripped off Anne Frank. Her quote some 70 years earlier as a teenager, "I still believe that people are really good at heart.'

Sheesh.

And we can all sleep better tonight. Rubio is a yes vote! Gah.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

I am glad the MJ included the video of Sen. Kennedy grilling that poor excuse for an appointment to our judiciary system.  Goodness it was hard to watch and how on earth does any side of the aisle support this appointment?

• Love 3

Monday Recap. Mika mispronounced the date. It's not December 13. Mika is wearing a new beige top with a zipper.

First topic is Star Wars Wars. Joe liked it. Mika said the movie was a waste of time.

More polls. the GOP is doomed & trails with all groups. They are behind by 48 points with under 35's. They will be extinct.

Joe is mad at Fox News for saying that Mueller should be fired.

Joe was excited that a GOP Senator doesn't think that the GOP tax plan helps everyone as much.

Joe is very mad at Fox News today. They are starting a coup.

Joe said it's ok for the FBI to have opiniated FBI agents & steal emails

Joe is ranting about the deep state.

They didn't poll people who like to vote in the rain.

• Love 4

Elise Jordan wants entitlement reform!. young people don't want a high deficit. LOL!

Hey it's folksy Barnicle. Big companies make big profits ! They will buy back their shares and raise stock prices.

Joe is mad at the 20 trillion of the debt. How will it get paid off?

Will the Democrats run on cutting deficits?

• Love 1

I wanted to punch Barnicle in the face when he said Susan Collins was voting for this tax bill because, and I quote, "she is a kind and trusting person." No kind person would EVER vote for this bill.  Full stop.

That gorilla may be one of the stupidest members of the Senate, but she's smart enough to play the game and she knows there will be no future bills, but she wants to be able to say she thought there would be and my oh my she was fooled. There was a great article in Slate exposing this charade a few days ago. She's afraid that Paul Page is going to primary her.

At least Ted Cruz et al are assholes to our faces. Collins has gotten off way too easy for years. 

• Love 8

Joe is doing his best to defend the "naive" Susan Collins for voting for the tax bill.

After tax income is going up for everyone, but more for wealthy people.

Joe was complaining last week about taxes on people in Blue States.

It's hilarious that they are focused on millenials caring about the deficit. There are bigger problems for millenials.

• Love 4
On 2017-12-16 at 10:23 PM, MyAimIsTrue said:

I just did a fairly good sized clean up of posts that were not related to the show and/or were of a general political nature.  You guys know better. 

Is there a place to post comments about Joe's twitter rants or media comments?

Joe should tune into CNN during his show so Chris and Alisyn and their guests can explain to him how the emails were obtained legally and how FOX is being scripted by trump.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

Joe is very mad at Fox News today. They are starting a coup.

Mika thought a coup would be a good idea because she keeps chickens. 

Shit, Millennium, let's stay out of each other's heads!! Coming here to make that same wildly hilarious pun.

TODAY at 7:30 AM EST, it's the Death of the Republican party!!  The very death, I tell ya'!  (not to be confused with  the DotRP from last week per Joe, nor the DotRP of the last 6 months of the Presidential Election--up to approx. 9 Pm on the night of the Presidential Election)  It's Night of the Living Republicans!!

• Love 2

Those guys at the end were pretty great. “A Better Deal sounds like a weekend furniture sale.” “A squeaker win against a child molester is not a template for future victories.” The Dems DO have the mentality of losers. 

Heileman can piss up a rope, leaving Elise out because she’s younger than the rest of them. Elise has shown she can keep up. How insulting.

• Love 3

“A squeaker win against a child molester is not a template for future victories.” The Dems DO have the mentality of losers.

I had to leave for work before this comment, I'm guessing. How did they explain this? It seems to me, the Dems put up not only a credible candidate in Alabama, but a very good one. So, if he won in a squeaker, that says more about the electorate than the candidate, I think. 

• Love 5

I think their point was that the Dems should not get to flush with their victory in Alabama and rest on their laurels.  But it was prompted by Elise's observation that Jones has already said he's not going to vote lockstep with the Dems.

• Love 1

Joe was RANTING this morning.  He was so angry he was up out of his seat, screaming across the desk.  I was too sleepy to know what he was talking about, but it had to do with McCarthyism and smearing the FBI.  I always feel sorry for his guests when he gets like that.

• Love 4

Landsnark, I think that rant was attached to a larger talking point du jour that being Fox News is state run TV and stirring up what could eventually touch off a very dangerous situation like when McVeigh bombed the Murrah building.  I believe it also touched on denigrating war heroes like Mueller and McCain when the people that are doing the trash talking did everything they could to get out of service themselves.  I think I agreed with the majority of what he was saying but they get manic like that it becomes hard to follow and as you said I too feel sorry for their guests which again they had good folks on but keep them on such a tight leash.  For example, they had my fave Robert Costa on and spent at least a minute bs-ing about his hair for some reason.  That's when I bounced over to New Day.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Shit, Millennium, let's stay out of each other's heads!! Coming here to make that same wildly hilarious pun.

TODAY at 7:30 AM EST, it's the Death of the Republican party!!  The very death, I tell ya'!  (not to be confused with  the DotRP from last week per Joe, nor the DotRP of the last 6 months of the Presidential Election--up to approx. 9 Pm on the night of the Presidential Election)  It's Night of the Living Republicans!!

And I hear it's a real corker.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Review & transcript of Joe's angry rant against Fox News from a conservative website. Yikes !

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/chris-reeves/2017/12/18/furious-joe-fox-news-trying-create-another-timothy-mcveigh

Thanks for this Oakville, it's funny to read a rant like Joe's in black and white without the pulsing red face about ready to jump out of your screen at you.

Very interesting conversation about Franken and Gillebrand.  I even skipped my first cup of coffee not to miss any of it . . . 

• Love 2

So it it was President Obama's fault that the Russians may have gotten their hooks into Trump's campaign because his administration did not broadcast their concerns to the world!  Speaking about the past and how you would have handled things differently is so easy.  Frankly, I don't see the equivalency between one administration being cautious and the other appearing to take the bait after being warned by the current administration about potentially being infiltrated.  You can't really assess the path not taken IMO but if such an announcement had been made, given how Trump protects his relationship with Putin and how his fans support that relationship, Trump would have reacted LOUDLY and LONG.  There would have been a strong backlash against the Obama administration with an accusation of playing favorites because of party affiliations.

Sigh - just turned off TV. Mika is on a long rant.  May turn it back on shortly to see if she is done yet.

Added: After a few minutes she was still talking!

Edited by madfortv
  • Love 5

Tuesday Recap. Joe is late. Mika is wearing her librarian  collection 2017! Grey v neck & purple top.

Mika was unaware it was the last day of Hanukkah & said there you go to Sam. She was snobby as ever to Sam Stein.

Joe started shouting at 6 03. Trump campaign was in disarray and warned about the evil Russian by the FBI.

The only clip of Trump's speech was him drinking water with two hands!

It's back to Trump- Russia. Mika scolded Joe for Christmas shopping online.

Joe said he was a dumb country lawyer.

Running late for work , so I will catch up later.

• Love 2

An hour later and I'm still laughing at the image of Mika walking out of "Wedding Crashers." I can just picture her storming out with her twinset and her purse. Who in the name of all things holy thought that was a good movie for *her* to see? And given all the great, classic movies she hasn't seen, she decided to cough up $10 to see "Wedding Crashers"?

• Love 4

Wasn't there a movie called All About the Benjamins?  Well.  Today it seemed to be All About Meek-a.  Actually, I don't know if I can call her Meek-a anymore; she has certainly "found her voice" in some ways. God help us all.

Listened to Joe et al start a "thing" about Mika and movies.  Seems people go to Twitter and recommend movies for her?  Jeeesus, Mary and Joseph.  I flipped to CNN and listened to Alyson talk about the possibility of life in space.  I think a former military guy or some such has come out with provocative evidence of said life.  Even though Chris Cuomo was snickering a little, I enjoyed the pics and listening to the two hosts kind-of discuss it.  When Joe brought it up...Mike over-talked him with a "real news" story.  I would have welcomed some light-hearted discussion among the guys on the subject.  Because it is always "the guys" and the Queen Bee.  I wish there had been another woman on the panel who could have bitch-slapped Mika.  Hey!  Someone start a twitter-feed called Bitch Slap Mika.  Christmas will have come early for me if that actually happened.

Despite my usual hateful comments, I actually enjoy this show a lot of the time.  I like some of Joe's rants; even when I don't like them or can't stand HIM...he is entertaining.  Albeit a pompous windbag.  I like the really smart guests they have on.  Sometimes the political discussions are really really good.  But the hosts always always always always make it All About Them.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

An hour later and I'm still laughing at the image of Mika walking out of "Wedding Crashers." I can just picture her storming out with her twinset and her purse. Who in the name of all things holy thought that was a good movie for *her* to see? And given all the great, classic movies she hasn't seen, she decided to cough up $10 to see "Wedding Crashers"?

Well, it must be true love. Mika has decided that she needs to join popular culture and see some movies. My vote Mika is make sure you see The Big Chill and Saturday Night Fever. But be warned you might be traumatized. 

She must have told that Wedding Crasher story 10 times over the last couple of years. I always think the same exact thing: why on earth would someone who has her sensibilities ever go see that movie, of all movies? Read a fucking movie review Mika. I thought that movie was hysterical, but clearly it is not for her. And now she reveals that she also walked out of Deliverance. Another one that she probably should have skipped given her prudish nature. She makes me nuts when she gets on her high horse and acts like she is just so above all of this nonsense that the rest of us humans call entertainment. 

• Love 4